Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Why a 'Justice League' Movie Should Come Out First

• 141 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

What Marvel Studios did was simply brilliant. There are always critical moments in a generation where people ask, “Where were you when that happened?” For modern comic book fans, it’s safe to say a lot of us have a very vivid memory of Iron Man’s post-credits scene. Witnessing Nick Fury waiting for Stark was enough to make any Marvel fan giddy, but then we heard him say that one magical line: “I’m here to talk to you about The Avenger Initiative.”

I don’t know about you, but this absolutely blew me away. Something like this was totally unheard of. Iron Man was just the start of something so much bigger… and little did we know at the time, it would be well worth the wait (thanks for that, Whedon). We had something to look forward to as Marvel Studios hit us with a slew of movies, all working towards an inevitable team-up. Many people now believe Warner Bros. should duplicate this strategy with their big characters before releasing Justice League.

No Caption Provided

Despite this being an amazing tactic to build interest in the core characters and create a mountain of anticipation, it’s not what I think Warner Bros. should do. Keep in mind, this is operating under the assumption they'd bring their A game to the film – AKA they focus on the quality of the movie instead of rushing matters because of the amount of cash it can reel in for them.

First and foremost, everyone might know the key basics of Batman and Superman's story, but what about the rest of the roster? Yes, the general audience knows of Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman -- how they look and probably a fair understanding of their abilities -- but I'd be willing to bet a vast majority are clueless about the characters beyond that (real names, origin story, etc.) and therefore there might not be a strong desire to see a film solely about one of them. Now, the argument could be made that the same would apply to Tony Stark and that certainly is a valid point. However, 2008's Iron Man was a massive success because it was a breath of fresh air at the time and positive word-of-mouth helped lure even more viewers in. It was a legitimately hilarious and wildly fun experience that moviegoers of any age could watch. Even my father, a man with little to no interest in the genre, asked me about it after being bombarded with so many positive reviews on various media outlets. At that time, a comic book movie appealing to such a wide audience because of its comedic value and high level of popcorn entertainment wasn't common at all. They then stuck with Marvel Studios (for the most part) because they soon figured out that this amazing beginning was building up to The Avengers. In capable hands, a Justice League movie could offer that degree of humor and entertainment as this varied cast joins forces for the first time.

No Caption Provided

Additionally, they've already had this experience of solo movies building up to something bigger, so tell me, where's the incentive for them to now dive into a The Flash film? Sure, there's a chance it could be exceptional, but to establish these lesser known characters with their solo films first is likely too big of a gamble for the studio. That's a lot of money they're going to risk in hoping the audience will eat up these characters and grow anxious to see them in a team-up movie. After all, Green Lantern barely made a profit. We could cite numerous reasons for that (in fact, I imagine we could go on for hours about that one), but at the end of the day, the film was indeed sporting a very popular actor and still, it was quite a financial letdown for the studio. While it wasn't a DC movie, Dredd 3D is another example. It was a top-notch film all around, but despite this, it was completely obliterated at the box office. You can blame that on marketing, but ultimately it was indeed a very well reviewed comic book movie that got demolished at the box office.

Why would they risk the same with other less famous characters, such as Diana or Arthur? Having a solo movie for Batman and Superman first is at least understandable. After all, they're household names. Thankfully, we've had a solid creative team put in place for them (fingers crossed Man of Steel lives up to the epic trailer and I really hope this is a fresh start for Batman), but the general audience has experienced a flood of comic book movies (both good and bad), so Warner Bros. trying to pop out a film for Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and potentially Martian Manhunter/Cyborg first doesn't seem like a wise decision on their end. Instead, they need to give the people a reason to invest their interest in these characters, and, if done properly, that's exactly what Justice League will accomplish.

Seeing these heroes work together and interact for the first time could definitely prove to be a solid dose of fun (writer Geoff Johns proved this with his hilarious banter in his New 52 series). And, if handled well, it could also provide the mandatory exposition for each character without feeling overwhelming (assuming it has a decent run time). This experience would give everyone a taste of the characters and provide interest in potential solo films down the road. They'd see Aquaman isn't lame or limited to talking to goldfish. They'd see The Flash can do more than simply run fast. So on and so on. Do a superb job with these characters and not only will people want to see more of them, but I'd like to believe some would even venture into our massive world of comics to learn more about them. Without having that experience first, I see no reason why my non-comic book reading friends would shell out at least $13 to see a movie about the Flash or any of the other JL members (you know, the ones that aren't The Dark Knight or Kal-El).

No Caption Provided

In a perfect world, Warner Bros. wouldn't worry about profit and focus on crafting an excellent solo film for each character first. But this isn't a perfect world, and right now I just don't see any outstanding reasons why Warner Bros. would want to take that kind of risk. For me, having a Justice League movie come before the onslaught of solo features makes sense... let's just hope they give us a movie we can be proud of.

We all want phenomenal movies, but if we're being realistic about it, do you think they should release a bunch of solo films leading up to Justice League... or should they try to come out swinging with their team movie first?

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. When he's not logged into Comic Vine (which is rare), odds are you can find him over at Twitter.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1  Edited By Pyrogram

a marvel approach will just seem like a copy

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KennyQuick

@Pyrogram said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Im tired of hearing people say they need to copy this strategy. Look at Star Wars and Lord of the Rings for example.They never created solo movies in order to sell their big team up movie. If done right a Justice League movie can work and be fantastic. You dont need to make people "care" for the characters. Create a good movie and it will sell its self.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By reignmaker

The general audience already knows these characters - especially the holy trinity. If the Avengers would have tried this approach of starting with a team movie, the only recognizable heroes would have been Hulk and Captain America.

Much of today's general audience is aleady familiar with either the Super Friends or Bruce Timm's Justice League Animated Series. The idea that Wonder Woman or Flash needs a solo introduction is laughable.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @xAnimosity

@Pyrogram said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Im tired of hearing people say they need to copy this strategy. Look at Star Wars and Lord of the Rings for example.They never created solo movies in order to sell their big team up movie. If done right a Justice League movie can work and be fantastic. You dont need to make people "care" for the characters. Create a good movie and it will sell its self.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pyrogram

@Reignmaker: Actually, flash is not THAT well known. Casual fans probably do not even know who he is.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ekrolo

@Pyrogram: Considering the amount of people who grew up watching a lot of DC stuff I really cant agree with that statement, especially with YJ airing at this very moment does mean that a good amount of people know who he and most of the other heroes are, before Iron Man the Marvel heroes people knew were X-Men, Spider-Man and Blade, they had absolutely no clue as to who Hulk or Cap or Thor were.

blofeld666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blofeld666

Yeah they could go the Marvel route but that would mean that the JL movie will not come out for some time, & DC would show how desperate they are to make a profit instead of coming up with something new. still I agree that many people don't know much about the lesser characters in the JL and so the JL movie can be their Intro alas one can only hope that they do make it woth the same kind of realism like Nolan's TDK films. I doubt the JL film will be better than the avengers but one never knows.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xtremekidx

i agree with this article.....and doesn't matter how good the solo films are,people will always say that DC copied marve's success.

they need a different strategy to win over a fanbase imo!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

They are rushing this to compete with Avengers. I have a bad feeling about this movie. Hope I'm wrong.

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

They are rushing this to compete with Avengers. I have a bad feeling about this movie. Hope I'm wrong.
    GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Marvel done some very nice Marketing strategy, if JL goes the same, it would not be a surprise anymore, they should try a different approach like Reverse process the film.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By z3ro180

I agree JL movie first then solo movies

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UltimateSMfan

since in all or watever iv read or seen whenever the justice league formed it was spontaneous,the characters hardly knew abt each other and they still banded together to fight watever menace threatened the world and the characters can be given a fair intro in a JL movie before branching out into their own respected movies,so yeah they shld make a JL movie first,granted its freakin amazing n is better than the avengers which is very possible....and also,

This-

@Reignmaker said:

The general audience already knows these characters - especially the holy trinity. If Avengers would have tried the approach of starting with a team movie, the only recognizable heroes would have been Hulk and maybe Captain America. Much of today's general audience is aleady familiar with either the Super Friends or Bruce Timm's Justice League Animated Series. The idea that Wonder Woman or Flash needs a solo introduction is laughable.

plus if man of steel does well n they decide to launch from that it will be even better.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Manhunter2070

I still think a Wonder Woman movie needs to happen first, its incomprehensible to me why one of the world's most famous characters can't get her own franchise. 

As for Justice League, I'd be happy to see WB set a different tone from the Marvel movies to help separate them in the public's mind, 'm liking how Man of Steel is shaping up and the atmosphere that has.

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KennyQuick

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

3 years isnt rushing a movie.

Skronk61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skronk61

It's too late for DC to run solo films and you're right, the general public wouldn't bother with an aquaman movie. They might as well just follow the story of the animated JL series, they need to assume you know Bats and Supe and give a quick back story on the lesser known characters.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#17  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@Pyrogram said:

Exactly

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smurfboy

"...so Warner Bros. trying to pop out a film for Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and potentially Martian Manhunter/Cyborg first doesn't seem like a wise decision on their end. Instead, they need to give the people a reason to invest their interest in these characters, and, if done properly, that's exactly what Justice League will accomplish."

Agreed. It makes sense. And to those people saying that they are afraid DC might rush the movie in order to complete with The Avengers 2, just keep in mind that the plans for Justice America movie was actually ALREADY planned way before The Avengers came out. If I'm not mistaken, the only thing that slowed Warner down was because of the fighting over the copyright of Superman (anyone remember that news?) Cnn.com talked about that quite a few times.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sethysquare

Thank you. ABOSULUTELY 100% AGREE WITH THIS.

Say_DaySawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Say_DaySawn

I think it'd be better if they started off with solo movies

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a reason that abortion of a JL movie was never made. Yeah DC was planning a JL movie before Avengers but the story was terrible along with the cast an costumes. DC saw the success of Avengers an wants to jump in. I would rather them wait a couple of more years than the quality of this film be affected. The question that really needs to be answered is this, where does Man of Steel Supes come in to play? Is he in the JL movie? If he isn't, having two different Supes in unrelated universes will be weird for some movie goers.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheMultiverse

I think a solo film could turn out very well for them. I can imagine a very good JL film with a really big cliff hanger at the end to hype up a second film maybe? This would be better for any character development they decide to do. Let the first film start a bit slow to develop the league a bit, and then have an epic conclusion with an even more epic cliff hanger. No one wants a three and a half hour super hero movie. 0.0 or do we?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Lvenger

Copying what Marvel did would be a cop out for Warner Bros but by not using the Marvel strategy, launching into a Justice League film straight away would have its problems. People need to care about the characters and aside from Superman and Batman, the rest of the Justice League aren't that well known. True Green Lantern had a very poor film that explained the basic picture but not many other Leaguers are well known except by name. Without individual films for their origins, backstories and personality as well as showing what makes these characters tick, Justice League is going to have to pull out all the stops to make the characters endearing to the audience. The Avengers didn't have to worry about this but Justice League does. And with the release slated at 2015 or 2016, there's a major concern that they could rush the final product and slip up right when they could strike a killer blow against Marvel.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By chalkshark

The truth is, the fan base doesn't want to have to wait 5-10 years for Warner Bros. to release films featuring each individual character, before a Justice League film can go into production. Warner Bros. just wants a summer tent pole franchise to take over for Harry Potter, so if the Justice League films succeeds, they'll just keep making sequels. They may never do individual films for each character.

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blancosombra

By releasing a Justice League movie first, DC can then determine what worked and what didn't work; making changes as needed for solo films. Using Avengers as an example, Hulk was the standout character. Marvel could make a Hulk movie with Ruffalo and the same imagery of The Hulk and know that it would be a success simply based on this. If DC were smart, this is how they'd approach a JL movie and solo movies to follow. Let the audience decide what they liked, take the word on the street, and base the solo movies off of that buzz.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I agree that the Justice League movie should come first.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Well constructed arguments. I haven't thought before of the approach DC should follow, but it seems to me that you're right.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By doombot890

@xAnimosity: wrong examples there but i get your point.

and actually they will probably have to make the audience like the characters a little bit in order to have solo movies for each of the other lesser known characters that make up justice league.

ZetaZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZetaZero

While a Justice League movie would be great, I have to say, that the solo movies would be best, just considering the past, of course it will all be decided once we see how Man of Steel is, that's going to make or break the deal in it's entirety i think.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By darkman61288

Overall I agree with WB's plan but I but I think there should be a Trinity movie first. This would show Wonder Woman to the GP better than a JL film. There would be more focus on her than the JL film. My biggest worry what if Man of Steel flops.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I'm for a Justice League movie coming first, but I also think that they should make 1 movie in between. A World's Finest movie with Batman and Superman would be great to show that team-ups can work, introduce a non-Nolan Batman, and show that a hero with no powers does have a place on a team of gods.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zeeguy91

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for what I'm about to post, but...I didn't think that The Avengers was really anything special. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but...it was still kind of generic. And in my opinion, it focused a lot more on action and explosions than on the story. To be honest, Marvel movies had begun to feel formulaic by the time The Avengers came out. Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and Thor were all great, but it just felt that they had this focus on character development and plot that was lacking in Avengers.

Instead, I think Warner Brothers should use the Justice League movie as a platform to introduce and develop these characters. For example, Wonder Woman should feel conflicted about teaming up with a group of men after hearing such horrible things about man's world on Themyscira. Likewise, Flash should feel that he is inadequate to be part of such a formidable team, with Superman and Green Lantern, when he is essentially just a cop from Central City. Such conflicts should be used to explore their characters first and then I think they should be further explored in their own movies.

Avatar image for bobfromaccounting
    BobFromAccounting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they want to establish the lesser-known, or at least less-understood, characters without solo movies then they should make it like Mark Waid's JLA: Year One and leave Superman and Batman out of the team's origin (Wonder Woman can stay). It'll stop them hogging the spotlight as they inevitably will. Oh, but I'd have Hawkgirl rather than Black Canary in the line-up, to appeal to the DCAU crowd (and she seems easier to sell to the masses than a woman in fishnet stockings who screams at you).

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By agent9149

What I'm afraid is, "back story and character development" and no, the argument, "people already know about these characters" isn't going to cut it! With the avengers movie, people already knew the characters back story, and the characters were developed already. This allowed the movie to focus on interaction of the teammates, without going too deep with individual plots. The avengers movie was truly an avengers movies, not a captain America/iron man/hulk/Thor and friends movie.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HumanTorch101

If this movie ever comes out, I think that Warner Brothers will do a poor job because they haven't shown me anything that would make me want to see it. The Batman trilogy was so popular because Nolan pretty much said to stay away from me and let me do my thing. Superman hasn't been good since the first two Chris Reeves movies and Batman was left out to die because of Schumacher. Warner has done an amazing job with their animated series but their movies have not impressed me at all(besides Nolan's movies).

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

On the last paragraph you say :

let's just hope they give us a movie we can proud of.

So yeah you might want to correct that.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Mucklefluga

It wouldn't be that hard starting with a Justice League film. The Flash and Cyborg could be created during the battle between the villain and humanity (like Cyborg was created in the New 52). Aquaman can be introduced when someone discovers Atlantis at the start of the film maybe. Wonder Woman can join the fight when Earth is getting attacked. Superman and Bats will be fighting the villain from the beginning. Boom, done a simple way of creating the film.

Spidey0528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spidey0528

Fantastic point! Absolutely correct. It should be noted that Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't have their own solo films, because they are better as supporting characters. The Hulk movie was okay, but we loved the Hulk in Avengers. A JLA movie would be awesome. And if successful, then you could spin off that.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Captain13

I have been saying this for months on the Justice League forum

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Press Oblivion

I like this article and agree with it's premise.

I like the idea of doing a Justice League Movie then a series of Solo Films that have a common thread that leads into the next Justice League film.

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mettlekm

whatever Nolan wants...

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I agree with this article. I would also like to add that it may be unrealistic to have 7 Justice League members in the first film if they want to have a good film. It's script-writing 101; handling more than five central characters is near impossible without making the characters past those first five into side characters. And if you want Justice League to sell people on solo characters, then all of those characters need equal screen time, so that the audience will see them as equals. You can't make some characters background characters and expect people to be interested enough to see their solo films. In that regard, Justice League should be more like The Avengers, which did what I mentioned, rather than X2, which did not.

Avengers fit a sixth character onto the team by making him a villain for 95% of the movie, and they didn't even have time to develop the villains (which was a mistake). I would say just leave the roster of the first Justice League movie to five characters--six maximum.

Put the characters, the writing, and the acting first. If you do, the money will come for years after.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree with the few people on here that said it but in the end I wasn't blown away by Avengers. Yes, the action sequences were great, in that respect I will say Avengers had the best action of any Marvel movie so far. They also did a great job modifying Bruce Banner and the Hulk (Norton did a great job but Rufalo nailed the part) to a more classical feel. But the overall story and character interaction was extremely bland. The conflict between Cap and Stark was boring (though I did like the look Cap gave when Stark blurted out "we are not soldiers") and they didn't really do anything with Thor, Black Widow, or Hawkeye that really mattered.

At the end of the day there was too much set-up for the big finale.

This is what I hope Justice League will avoid. They need to come into the threat much quicker than Avengers did and use the emotions and desperation of that threat to drive the character development and team cohesion. Don't spend an hour and a half making the team talk to each other and try to get a feel for each member. Pile the stress on them and show how each responds and as a result how they respond together. This is what will show them to be a great team because they form by instinct (as the original Avengers did) rather than being formed in advance of the threat.

As to general audiences not knowing the characters.......I've stated it before but I truly believe that instead of movie trailers WB would be smart to put together "origin commercials" for each character. Create character trailers with no movie footage whatsoever that explains the origins and abilities of each character. Rather than that meaning more scenes for the film crew to do, I think these trailers should be animated and done in a very classic comic book style, something very akin to DC: The New Frontier. The trailers should invoke a child-like dream and hope in a way that the opening of Superman did with the little boy reading to the audience those first few pages of Action Comics. Even Superman and Batman should get this treatment (even though Man of Steel came out you don't want to leave out such a big character and the movie will need to establish the new Batman being used). Then at the very end of the trailer it cuts away from animation and you get to see the live action version of that character so the audience will know who is playing the role and what the character will look like in the movie.

This will also keep done the number of trailers and scene spoilers for the film, which I think Justice League really needs to do as it won't have solo movies to give everyone an idea of what's to come. Keep much of the film and plot a secret in order to build the anticipation, using the character trailers to give people a reason to care about the characters.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@blofeld666 said:

one can only hope that they do make it woth the same kind of realism like Nolan's TDK films.

Agreed--especially since Man of Steel looks so realistic. Let Marvel be cartoony. DC can have the characters you could see right outside of your house in the real world.

@xAnimosity said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

3 years isnt rushing a movie.

Exactly

@StMichalofWilson said:

@Pyrogram said:

Exactly

^^^

KennyQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KennyQuick

@OutlawRenegade said:

@blofeld666 said:

one can only hope that they do make it woth the same kind of realism like Nolan's TDK films.

Agreed--especially since Man of Steel looks so realistic. Let Marvel be cartoony. DC can have the characters you could see right outside of your house in the real world.

If I recall, there was an article saying DC wanted to go for a more real/grounded approach rather than the light hearted stuff from Marvel. Which sounds awesome to me!

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tximinoman

I don't think making Justice League movie is such a great idea. People doesn't know anything about most of the characters (yes, they know Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash exist, and they might know that Flash is fast and Aquaman can breath under water, but that's all) wich ultimately will lead to a movie like the first X-Men was, centered in two characters (probably Batman and Superman) and with some other heroes that are just there doing almost nothing. And doing a movie for every character is also not a good idea, it would be expensive and nobody will care about Martian Manhunter, Cyborg or even Aquaman, the same way nobody cared about Green Lantern (ok, it was also a bad movie but Thor was a bad movie too and made twice the money Green Lantern did).

Warner should not do this movie. Ever.

(sorry if there is bad english I always try my best but it's not my language)

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@chalkshark said:

The truth is, the fan base doesn't want to have to wait 5-10 years for Warner Bros. to release films featuring each individual character, before a Justice League film can go into production.

So true

@redscare said:

By releasing a Justice League movie first, DC can then determine what worked and what didn't work; making changes as needed for solo films. Using Avengers as an example, Hulk was the standout character. Marvel could make a Hulk movie with Ruffalo and the same imagery of The Hulk and know that it would be a success simply based on this. If DC were smart, this is how they'd approach a JL movie and solo movies to follow. Let the audience decide what they liked, take the word on the street, and base the solo movies off of that buzz.

Makes sense to me

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite

I agree. Not really much more to say on that matter.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By OutlawRenegade

2 hints for Warner Brothers

1) Need Gravitas, Grounded-ness, and humor? Combine New Frontier, Justice League: Origin, and Final Crisis.

2) Marvel has War Machine, Falcon, Heimdall, and Nick Fury. Soon they will have Luke Cage and Black Panther too. It would be a mistake for Warner Brothers to have no racial minorities in their film.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@darkman61288 said:

Overall I agree with WB's plan but I but I think there should be a Trinity movie first. This would show Wonder Woman to the GP better than a JL film. There would be more focus on her than the JL film. My biggest worry what if Man of Steel flops.

Not really. Bruce Timm just put a focus on her in the first three episodes of Justice League by giving her a storyline separate from everyone else.

@r3d_rob1n said:

I'm for a Justice League movie coming first, but I also think that they should make 1 movie in between. A World's Finest movie with Batman and Superman would be great to show that team-ups can work, introduce a non-Nolan Batman, and show that a hero with no powers does have a place on a team of gods.

All that can be done in a Justice League movie. Theres no need for WF and I don't want one. The comics already have enough **** riding for these two. Let's see some other characters put on equal footing with Superman and Batman. That way people will respect the other characters more instead of seeing them as B-List of secondary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.