Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8612 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

So Lets Talk MCU Thor/Asgardians & Magic...

• 111 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DC definitely have no qualms about portraying Wonder Woman as a goddess. Doesn't make her any less relatable (hate that term).

Demigoddess.

poor Thor.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: I thought Ares said "only a god can kill another god" in the film when Diana thought the sword was the God Killer? Not getting caught up in semantics either, just saying.

Wonder Woman was a smashing success and there was no ambiguity or any fuss thrown about her supernatural origins. She was born of the gods. Period. Didn't make her any less "accessible" to the viewer as her film was a resounding success.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: she is part God so technically she should be able to.

true. they are including the Cosmic Entities and Death is confirmed to be in MCU so making them Gods shouldn't be a problem.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've said this before but people use the statements from humans on Earth calling the Asgardians aliens and that they're just using advanced technology as fact but then ask yourself this if a God were to come to our Earth in real life everyone would just call it an alien too.

Hela in the Ragnarok trailer says she is The Goddess of Death and asks Thor what he's the God of implying that they are in fact Gods. What a God means in the mcu is another story we don't know the relevance of them. But they are certainly something different to typical aliens. Celestials are also considered Gods in the mcu so there are likely different types of God.

Also it seems clear magic exists in the mcu too after doctor strange and the Asgardians clearly know how to use it we will likely see when Loki meets Doctor Strange hopefully.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is the thing with respect. When one of the oldest living creatures in the universe bows at your appearance saying what an honor to meet you, then you know they are more than just aliens. Exactly like how the collector has an extreme respect for celestials and how the Guardians looked at Ego. Tom Hiddleston even says there is magic.

"Rene Russo [Frigga] and I, always, from the very first film, part of the backstory we created was that Frigga was really the most attentive to Loki when he was a child. And Odin didn’t really know how to connect. He connected much more with Thor. They were sort of cut from the same cloth. And Frigga and Loki had this kind of beautiful, sensitive, more artistic relationship. And it was actually her who taught him all his magic."

Most people also don't know the definition of magic either. Magic is the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces. Supernatural meaning beyond the natural laws. Mjolnir is in no way pure science. It may have scientific attributes, but it isn't full blown science. No sci - fi verse I have seen has ever built tech capable of flying many thousands of times faster than sound in space, control weather, control lightning, scan you to see if your worthy, come back to the user with and without him using gestures from distances of light years away, and to not allow unworthy people from picking it up all inside a small hammer. When Hulk tries to pick it up the ground doesn't break underneath the hammer showing it to be magic. MCU is just explaining their magic in a more scientific matter. Most sources just throw the word magic out there without even understanding it's meaning. Not understanding something doesn't make it science or magic. Science even very advanced can be used by anyone for the most part even if they dont understand it. Magic is something that only few could use and only under special/specific circumstances like only the worthy can wield Mjolnir that being only very few in the universe.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've said this before but people use the statements from humans on Earth calling the Asgardians aliens and that they're just using advanced technology as fact but then ask yourself this if a God were to come to our Earth in real life everyone would just call it an alien too.

Hela in the Ragnarok trailer says she is The Goddess of Death and asks Thor what he's the God of implying that they are in fact Gods. What a God means in the mcu is another story we don't know the relevance of them. But they are certainly something different to typical aliens. Celestials are also considered Gods in the mcu so there are likely different types of God.

Also it seems clear magic exists in the mcu too after doctor strange and the Asgardians clearly know how to use it we will likely see when Loki meets Doctor Strange hopefully.

In the beginning I believe marvel was going for is that they're an advanced alien race.

Now take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard that Thor ragnarok is essentially a Soft retcon of Thor. So they may just be going by gods now altogether. I have no idea just speculation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama: nah, its mostly arrogance on Hela's part when she proclaimed herself to be a God.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Thorthunder98

@thor321: Thor called her the Goddess of Death too tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I think he was talking to Banner iirc.

I guess he was explaining to him what she is supposed to be in Mythology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Idk man.

I just don't have that mystical feel about it like when I watch DCEU.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.