New TMNT poster causes 9/11 controversy, removed.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#351  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
@jayc1324 said:

Surprised the mods have not shown up yet.

They must have an surprising sense of humor themselves. Maybe they are just lurking and seeing things happening just for some dark laugh.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#352 the_stegman  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Will Smith started the fire. (I'm going to get sooo much flak for this)

I am such an a**hole for laughing at this.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman: Right? Part of you is like thats horrible, the other half is too busy laughing.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@saint_wildcard said:

If you fold a 20 dollar bill in a certain way this happens

EXPLAIN THAT OBAMA!!!

No Caption Provided

It actually scares me that someone might have created that with serious intentions in mind....even moreso that I know people believe in that Illuminati bullcrap.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@cameron83: People y'know. Some are dumb. Some are smart. Just how the world is.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

Will Smith started the fire. (I'm going to get sooo much flak for this)

When keeping it real goes wrong

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#359 SC  Moderator

Don't have time to go through the thread properly, but the levels of hostility and antagonism in a few posts I have seen are far too much, and far too many posters have veered off more into arguing about themselves or others instead of staying on topic and disagreeing about that. Basic rule of thumb, talk about a topic at hand and not each other. That includes each others grammar, behavior, character, level of ability and so on.

If it continues past this point temporary bans will apply. Later on when a moderator has time and can go through some users might get PM's later on but thats something that will happen later on. Also going to delete posts that aren't directly relevant to topic.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That poster is still funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 SC  Moderator

@erik: If you reply to a user make sure its strictly on topic please and not about other users. Thank you.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik You get a follow for your comments in this thread lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: If you have not broken any rules or harassed anyone, and a user asks you to stop replying to them for no reason, do you have to?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

If I saw someone crying about this being offensive, I would smack the beret off their head, break their glasses that have no lenses, and spit in their soy latte.

LMFAO

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this controversy makes me want to watch TMNT on 9/11, I wasn't even interested in the movie before this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

All this controversy makes me want to watch TMNT on 9/11, I wasn't even interested in the movie before this.

I too will be seeing this movie on 9/11.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By SC  Moderator
@jayc1324 said:

If you have not broken any rules or harassed anyone, and a user asks you to stop replying to them for no reason, do you have to?

Yes, I mean its more nuanced than that in the sense it applies to both users. If a user has personal reasons for not wanting another user to contact, address them, or interact with them in any way they can make that request and it will be enforced by moderators but that user also can't address, reply, or interact with the other user. So its applies both ways. User shouldn't be telling another user not to reply to them though, should be made as a request through a neutral party via PM. By design its meant to help users who may naturally clash with each other or to help users be more comfortable about posting rather than a method to antagonize others.

If you have questions or concerns please send a PM. Cheers.

Oh my bad, your second post is okay, your first one is not. Like above, if you have questions or concerns please send a PM, so we can try and get thread back on topic. Thanks.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#373  Edited By Erik

General consensus: This poster is not offensive and people should find something that actually matters to be offended by.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP already stated the movie is going to be released on 9/11 in Australia not the US. Plus the building doesn't even look like one of the twin towers either lol.

/endofthread

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Stormdriven

People who are making a big deal about a poster should just

No Caption Provided

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jphu8414 said:

Serious question, how do people outside of the U.S. feel about 9/11 and how much do you guys know about it?

Brazilians were initially appalled about what happened and felt really empathetic, since New York has plenty of fellow countrymen living there and some of them died during the attacks. Most of us still remember the date, but we don't do anything special about it and most of them had moved on.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was nothing wrong with the original poster. There was an approved image, and a date of when the film would be available for viewing. September 11. Did I think of 9/11? Yes, I did. For barely a fraction of a moment. The remainder of that same moment had me disregard the idea it was inappropriate or in any way a reference to a terrorist attack thirteen years ago.

I won't make that date sacred and I also won't view the imagery of destroyed buildings as triggers to thinking about what happened all those years ago. The same of 7/7, etc. I will never forget what happened, and my views certainly don't make me an insensitive monster who is spitting in the face of the victims by not having a reverent stance over a date.

My opinion. And I gave it.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get over it... there are way worse things in the world that put something as trivial as 9/11 to shame..

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#381 Feral Nova  Moderator

I don't see why it's being made such a big deal if it's in Australia... I can see if it was here in the United States, then sure, I understand why people are upset. But... come on people... really?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_stegman: Right? Part of you is like thats horrible, the other half is too busy laughing.

Oh god I am doing the same thing now.

That poster is still funny.

Completely agree, I crack up everytime I come to this thread.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@The_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Well to be fair, I wouldnt say 9/11 was trivial, it was quite large actually and horrible. I dont think anyone who especially directly experienced it should be forced to get over it. Sure lots of things are bad in the world, however that was the biggest direct attack on us on our soil so kind of a big deal.

In any case, wow lots of passionate debates.

I dont believe however every time we see a poster like this, it warrants comparisons to real past tragedies. I think had the date been anything but 9/11 it probably wouldnt have been an issue my guess.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't give a rat's butt about 9/11.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

I really don't give a rat's butt about 9/11.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I was born in NYC and lived there almost my whole life...I just moved 2 months ago actually and I do not find it offensive, I think people are being too sensitive honestly.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@theamazingimmortalman: I think we as a nation are starting to cater to the idea that everyone is a teletubby that gets emotionally distressed if someone steps on a bug.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: I think we as a nation are starting to cater to the idea that everyone is a teletubby that gets emotionally distressed if someone steps on a bug.

lol if a movie came out with explosions on the cover on December 7 no one bats an eye

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: basically lol. It probably isn't common knowledge that date of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: Same here, been a New Yorker my entire life but while I don't feel people should mock 9/11 I also don't see the big deal with a movie poster. I think the fact that they set the date at 9/11/14 bothered people. That would be my general guess.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: Same here, been a New Yorker my entire life but while I don't feel people should mock 9/11 I also don't see the big deal with a movie poster. I think the fact that they set the date at 9/11/14 bothered people. That would be my general guess.

yea same here but I do not think the poster was mocking 9/11 but as I said before if that same poster had the date 12/7 no one would make a fuss about it.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: Oh yeah I agree, I meant some posts in here mocking 9/11(like that gif of the black guy dancing on the buildings...) I'd never do that. But I agree about the poster/topic I think people have to not link burning buildings from here on out in movies, posters etc with 9/11 constantly. It's rather annoying.

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingimmortalman: Oh yeah I agree, I meant some posts in here mocking 9/11(like that gif of the black guy dancing on the buildings...) I'd never do that. But I agree about the poster/topic I think people have to not link burning buildings from here on out in movies, posters etc with 9/11 constantly. It's rather annoying.

yea I def agree

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the turtles all along!

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By XLR87T3
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: you can say, the date means nothing, the event is what you care about. If they get mad at your trolling attempt lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: you can say, the date means nothing, the event is what you care about. If they get mad at your trolling attempt lol.

This.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude... the movie doesn't even come out in September... wtf