The RPG character Battle Thread!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@arquitenens: Haha I KNEW it! I knew she'd use Avalon, and stuff. Kurt and Abby without the constraints would easily win. Kurt has access to the entire Gothic Police force these days xD

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram: Whatever it takes to console yourself over the terrible battle you made. ~_^

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9453  Edited By Pyrogram

@arquitenens: Impero agreed me and you would win like with 50/50 a time. What were you saying? LOL

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@arquitenens: Impero agreed me and you would win a 50/50 time. What were you saying? LOL

LOL no I didn't. I said it's possible for either team to win but I also clarified that I don't know which team would win more times than not because I don't know enough about Kurt's powers.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: I assumed "Either team" meant 50%. Not exactly a bad assumption, is it? lol Kurt's powers are underestimated a lot, so it'd probably veer to shift your view to 50%

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: You assumed something I didn't say nor imply ;P In any case, I don't know enough about Kurt's powers to make an educated post about the battle.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: You said "I can honestly see it going both ways" and that's not really saying "It's a terrible match-up" which it wasn't.

Yeah you said other things too, but I don't agree at all that this was one-sided. Not at all.

Avatar image for velaaru_of_illea
Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt vs Nymphixia

• In Character, morals on, bloodlust off
  • No prep, standard gear, random encounter
  • Downtown Gothic, noon

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9461  Edited By Pyrogram
Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurt vs Nymphixia

• In Character, morals on, bloodlust off
  • No prep, standard gear, random encounter
  • Downtown Gothic, noon

Ways this battle ends:

• Nyx rips Kurt's head clean off his body.
  • Nyx vaporizes Kurt with hellfire.
  • Nyx sends Kurt's soul to hell with a kiss.
  • Nyx uses magic to bind his spirit.
  • Nyx teledrops him into a volcano.
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I'm just very confident in Kurt's abilities, not totally (only slightly) insane :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9465  Edited By Pyrogram
Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram:

Yeah Nyx got a helicopter thrown at her and was back on her feet a few seconds later.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: LOL! I'd totally say current Kurt could give someone like... I dunno, if Conrad, Kurt's alternate son could do it, Kurt could? Amaranth! Why? He has electric arrows :P And I've never seen Amaranth use side control... So ha! >.<

@velaaru_of_illea: She's a teleporting class 100. She'd beat most people here!

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: According to LL Nyx could be beaten by Connoisseur. :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9471  Edited By Pyrogram

@_glacier_: You're trying too hard to fit in, dude.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9472  Edited By Pyrogram

@velaaru_of_illea: Connoisseur isn't that impressive against a 100 tonner to be fair? Damn... lol

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: That's the spirit lol.

@pyrogram: I.. don't actually know what you are trying to communicate there ;-P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yeah I honestly don't see any amount of skill or tactics allowing a street-leveler to damage something that can tank skyscrapers, or avoid instakill AoE affects.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9477  Edited By Pyrogram

@velaaru_of_illea: I think Nyx would humiliate Connoisseur as she's a 100 tonner who can teleport instantly.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for twisted_anathema
Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATTLE OF THE LOW-TIER MANIACS

Killer Rabbit vs. Penalty!

• Random encounter.
  • In character.
  • Penalty's gear:
    • Survival Knife.
    • Tactical Machete.
    • Compound Bow (130lb. pull, 20 arrows)
  • Killer Rabbit's gear:
    • Katana.
    • (4) Kunai.
    • A kitchen sink.
    • (2) Garden Gnomes, lightly-used.
  • Penalty must survive for five minutes before he can use his adrenaline boost.
  • Win by kill, KO, or incap.
  • Winner gets to be Anathema's sidekick. :3
_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Garden Gnomes solo.

*Is kidding, will think about it in more detail*

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Penalty will win because of the compound bow. One thirty is a heck of a lot. Those are going to be blistering arrows. When it comes to combat he's taller and heavier. In addition he has weapons designed for humans hands, which will be an additional benefit.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I think Penalty will win, Rabbit doesn't have training, and against an opponent who heals, that'll be a detriment.

Nymphixia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: @strigidae_23: The big issue is "can he put her down?" Killer Rabbit is a mediocre combatant at best, I'm not contesting that Penalty has a strength, size, skill, and possibly even speed advantage. But Penalty's healing factor is pretty standard as far as I know, whereas Rabbit's was canonically able to revive her from a broken spine. She might be able to outlast him over a long period of time, slowing bleeding him out.

Or Penalty might win. That seems like it may be more likely but I like to play Devil's Advocate. Killer Rabbit also has more star power due to having more appearances and feats.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just going off bios I'd give this to Penalty. Both have healing factors and even if KR's is more substantial, the fact that Penalty can endure/fight for days leads me to believe that the margin between the two healing factors is relatively small as far as combat goes. Not sure how long it took KR to recover from a broken neck (or spine). Was it seconds, minutes, hours? My point being, if Penalty broke KR's neck in this fight and it took 5 hours to recover then that would still count as a loss (Incapacitation). Penalty's combat prowess and range weapon give him distinct advantages. It also seems as though KR's super-hearing handicaps his/her ability to concentrate as it is an admitted source of distraction.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It also seems as though KR's super-hearing handicaps her ability to concentrate as it is an admitted source of distraction.

That's what the headphones are for, it helps her filter out and pinpoint sound. With the headphones on it aids her, rather than detriments.

KR also has the super-jump which kinda ensures that she can close the distance pretty quickly -- Penalty will have to be smart with the bow to get more than one or two arrows in.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric said:

It also seems as though KR's super-hearing handicaps her ability to concentrate as it is an admitted source of distraction.

That's what the headphones are for, it helps her filter out and pinpoint sound. With the headphones on it aids her, rather than detriments.

KR also has the super-jump which kinda ensures that she can close the distance pretty quickly -- Penalty will have to be smart with the bow to get more than one or two arrows in.

Ah, good points. I thought about the super-jump and how it could be used as an advantage, and you're right about potentially closing the gap with it. But, is it a super-jump because of height and distance only? Or is there a fair amount of Super-Speed involved as well? Would she just become a slow moving aerial target, or can she jump faster then say an arrow (or several) fired from a 130lbs bow? Then there's the question of what is she going to do once she closes the gap, as its already been established that the skill, power, strength, and size all favor Penalty. Add in his own healing factor and I'm sure he'd be able to strive for the 5min time period at which point he becomes a berserker with 1tonner strength. That seems like a game changer there. But thats all without knowing the speed in which KR can jump, and the speed in which she can recover from serious injury.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twisted_anathema said:

@the_xsoteric said:

Ah, good points. I thought about the super-jump and how it could be used as an advantage, and you're right about potentially closing the gap with it. But, is it a super-jump because of height and distance only? Or is there a fair amount of Super-Speed involved as well? Would she just become a slow moving aerial target, or can she jump faster then say an arrow (or several) fired from a 130lbs bow? Then there's the question of what is she going to do once she closes the gap, as its already been established that the skill, power, strength, and size all favor Penalty. Add in his own healing factor and I'm sure he'd be able to strive for the 5min time period at which point he becomes a berserker with 1tonner strength. That seems like a game changer there. But thats all without knowing the speed in which KR can jump, and the speed in which she can recover from serious injury.

Hmmm... @killer_rabbit:?

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9488  Edited By Killer_Rabbit

@the_xsoteric said:

@twisted_anathema said:

@the_xsoteric said:

The time it took to recover from the spine injury was a a minute or so. Granted a few moments is all it would take someone who knew what they were doing, but he has to hit me first. Also you have to take in my stamina/pain tolerance, which I believe are covered on the power grid on my profile? If not I will go correct that.

As far as the high jump question, I can jump forward with some speed. Its not clocked in cannon to be honest, but I don't float through the air like a balloon.

How fast is the other guy? Cause I tagged an angel with a knife in cannon and he didn't see it coming. If he had seen it he could have easily avoided me. My point is he never saw it coming do to my speed/unpredictability.

Lastly I would ask what can the other guy survive? Can he live with a severed jugular? Because I am handy with close combat knife fighting and a skilled knife thrower.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killer_rabbit: I gotta go to work but I will hit this up when I come back.

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9491  Edited By The_Xsoteric

@killer_rabbit: Before I go though could you clarify the grid? I looked at it but I'm not sure what the numbers represent. Whats the scale?

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: They are based of the power levels on the power grid thread.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killer_rabbit: Interesting. The 4 for combat (and the angel feat, though that could have been related to stealth rather then speed but I'd have to read it before forming an opinion) have admittedly shaken my original consensus. Penalty doesnt use a grid for his power breakdown so I can only guesstimate based off the language he uses in his bio (since I havent read any of his canon feats). Such as above Peak Human stamina, can fight for days before fatiguing, and, "He has an accelerated healing factor which, in addition to allowing him to recover rapidly and completely from even severe injuries, makes him incredibly resilient and gives him stamina far above even peak human levels."

Whether or not that includes a severed jugular I cant say with 100% certainty. Your base line stats all seem in and around the same area. Normal to Peak in almost all areas aside from Healing Factor. Only you are a decent melee fighter and he is an urban survivalists who (after the 5min mark) jumps up into the 1ton strength range and cant feel pain or be hurt.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I'd break it down:

• Strength: Penalty
  • Durability: KR
  • Speed: Even?
  • Agility: KR
  • Stamina: Penalty
  • Gear: Penalty
  • Skill: KR
  • Feats/Star Power: KR
  • Durability: Even?
  • X-factors / extra powers: KR

Which gives a very very slight edge to Killer Rabbit, who I'll back in the long run.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9496  Edited By Pyrogram

@twisted_anathema: I don't think KR has the skill, her bio states she isn't even trained.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It states that she isn't trained, but is still an effective combatant. Penalty's bio mentions no real combat training at all.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9498  Edited By Pyrogram

I think the battle comes down to five minutes, KR can win before five minutes, but once five minutes is up, it becomes Penalty's game.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twisted_anathema: Penalty's bio says he's an autodidact and self-taught characters aren't weak, he has skill. It states that he has adopted martial arts, KR doesn't hint to anything of the sort.

Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram:

bro do u even

He has no feats, no training, no nothing. He watched some other stuff and went "hey that looks neat, I'll do something like that sometime."

On the other hand, KR's Fighting Ability is explicitly listed as being a 4, which, according to the Marvel Power Grid, is "Experienced Fighter." Penalty's would be 3 tops, which is pushing it since it says "some training" of which he has none.