The RPG character Battle Thread!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By shanana

You may debate the battles your characters appear in.

When making a battle you must make sure the previous battle had been closed for discussion. Also Bold the title and give points as to why you think which character wins.

If a topic hasn't been finished talking about after 3 hours than someone can change the combatants.

Giving info about your characters when, they are being debated is, encouraged. Preveious battle may be talked aout but you must, indicate which one you are talking about

I'll Start:

Akira Overdrive Vs the Vica

Battle setting: On the Rooftops of Gotham City, this fight is only to be contested under a Hand to hand Stipulation. who wins?

(Hopes this is a success)

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Sha said:
"Ok, maybe there is one like this, but for this to work, the people being Discussed cannot jump in the Debate, about their character for instance.  
If some one said Risky vs Sha. Neither me or Risky would be able to comment on who would win, it'd have to be decided by our peers.
But would they be allowed to point out when a debater has gotten their facts wrong though?
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shanana
@~The Wanderer~ said:

" @Sha said:

"Ok, maybe there is one like this, but for this to work, the people being Discussed cannot jump in the Debate, about their character for instance.  
If some one said Risky vs Sha. Neither me or Risky would be able to comment on who would win, it'd have to be decided by our peers.
But would they be allowed to point out when a debater has gotten their facts wrong though? "
Yep. They are not allowed to give points as to why there character would win.

Correcting someone is perfectly fine.
XBarbieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By XBarbieX

Would say Akira. With him being back to his cyborg origins the technique advantage that Vica MAY have (don't forget Akira is a h2h master, too) is pretty much swept away by brute force and incredible speed.

Refuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Refuel
@Barbie said:
" Would say Akira. With him being back to his cyborg origins the technique advantage that Vica MAY have (don't forget Akira is a h2h master, too) is pretty much swept away by brute force and incredible speed. "
Agreed! 
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Akira, like the concept of this thread

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Kurrent

Cool Thread...I will have to read up on The Vica to make an informed choice

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Constantine

Akira: As this is hand to hand he would probably beat him with brute force, though Vica is about eight hundred years old

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By _Sojourn_

I think Akira would win here...  

So how many votes does it take for someone to win???
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shanana

There are no votes, just when the discussion ends

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andras

Nice thread, wonder were you got the idea from :p It's easier to vote for Akira he has written his powers and skill in much more detail, so we get a much better idea of what he is capable of. Vica only has his powers down without going into detail. Ive also read more of what Akira can do so on that basis I go with him. His death spores combined with his combat skills and other powers should grant him the win. I would argue Vica, mostly due to his magic but im unsure how good his magic is. Akira ftw At least for now xD

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andras

Damn just noticed this was hand to hand only :p

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the Vica
@Constantine said:
" Akira: As this is hand to hand he would probably beat him with brute force, though Vica is about eight hundred years old "
Actually he was 665, but I like the sound of 800 better, so maybe I'll change it... XP 

As I lack a bio still, I'll give people the main point to help them with deciding 

The Vica is many centuries old (600, 800, take your pick, lol) and has been fighting for the vast majority of that time. When he was 12 years old he travelled to our world and was taught the ways of magic by a group of monks. His form of magic is the same as the system used in the Inheritance series of books. Then, traveling back to his own world, he learned how to fight, eventually joining the elite Dog Warriors, fighters who were deemed worthy by the Dog Avatar. (in his world there are 12 spirits based on the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, each representing a specific trait) After a few years as a warrior, Shen became Dog Champion (or 'Vica'), the greatest Dog Warrior in the land! 

Also, in Shen's world, people are born with control over one of the four elements. Shen was born an air bender and has honed this skill to higher levels than his magic or his skill in combat. He is able to control all forms of air, using it as a form of telekinesis (with great concentration, this also allows him slight fire and water bending skill, by manipulating the oxygen involved in both) and, in his favourite and signature move, is able to transform his entire body in a wind form. 

In combat however... While the Vica has 800 years of experience on his side, he generally relies on his weapons and his aerokinesis in order to get the job done. He can hold his own against most of the less experienced fighters, but when he's faced with someone really skillful, he has no choice but to resort to using his powers. 

Since this is hand to hand only... You guys can probably figure out who I think would win ;P but I'm not allowed to say, cause Sha said so, lol 

(AWESOME idea btw, Sha! And glad you decided to involve me in the first matchup!)
L.O.V.E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By L.O.V.E
@the Vica said:
" @Constantine said:
" Akira: As this is hand to hand he would probably beat him with brute force, though Vica is about eight hundred years old "
  (AWESOME idea btw, Sha! And glad you decided to involve me in the first matchup!) "
LOL Thank Wando and ACE aswell, they didn't have the guts to go for it lol.
Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andras

You can also blame my laziness :p

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

And mine as well :P

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the Vica

LOL, fair enough :P

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

hhmm... I'll put my two cents in... let me read up on their profiles xD

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the Vica
@Feral Nova said:
" hhmm... I'll put my two cents in... let me read up on their profiles xD "
Check my above post, my bio is totally useless XP
Avatar image for the_wondering_spider
The Wondering Spider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'LL BEAT YOU ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shanana

Nova boo....it says Akira Overdrive...

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

-_- ........ GOD F#CKEN DAMN IT! >_<

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Precise
@Feral Nova: Isn't it Akira vs Vica... or did i miss a post o_O
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

screw it, I'm saying Akira.... sorry Vica

EDIT

UGH! Nevermind.. I'll read up -_- give me a HOUR to read up! >_< 

This is what I get for trying to do stuff like this while I'm sick -_-

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shanana
@Feral Nova said:
" -_- ........ GOD F#CKEN DAMN IT! >_< "
LOL!!!!
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator
@Precise said:
" @Feral Nova: Isn't it Akira vs Vica... or did i miss a post o_O "
-_- .............................. no..... your right.... I read it wrong...
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Precise
@Feral Nova: it happens ;)
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Ok i'm not listing all the stuff like I did before.... but from what I've read on AKIRA's profile, lol, and from what I've read from battles on BOTH sides (as well as the facts that Vica presented), I'm going to say Akira.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the Vica
@Feral Nova said:
" -_- ........ GOD F#CKEN DAMN IT! >_< "
LMAO 

Easy mistake to make... :P 

@Feral Nova said:
" Ok now for Vica... well... I hate to say it man... but you have nothing in your bio for me to look over and debate about >.< So I'm going to have to go about what you put on here (which I think you might as well put on your bio xP)

The Vica is many centuries old (600, 800, take your pick, lol) and has been fighting for the vast majority of that time. Then,1traveling back to his own world, he learned how to fight, eventually joining the elite Dog Warriors, fighters who were deemed worthy by the Dog Avatar.(in his world there are 12 spirits based on the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, each representing a specific trait) After a few years as a warrior,Shen became Dog Champion (or 'Vica'), the greatest Dog Warrior in the land!

In combat however...2While the Vica has 800 years of experience on his side, he generally relies on his weapons and his aerokinesis in order to get the job done. He can hold his own against most of the less experienced fighters, but when he's faced with someone really skillful, he has no choice but to resort to using his powers. 

1. yes, he is the 'Dog Champion' but that doesnt really tell me what that is... I have no idea what a Dog Warrior is... what kind of fighting styles they know or whatever... lack of knowlege so I dont know how to use this for him....
  2. So does this mean that he never really developed his hand to hand combat? Yes he has 800 years of experience, but he even said himself, he relies o his weapons and aerokinesis to 'get the job done'. 
  3. To Vica what is a 'less experinced fighter'? Is that just someone who doesnt have 800 years of experiance? or is it just someone who isnt a master at martal arts? "
I suppose I should XP 

But whenever I get my Bio page up for editing, something comes up and I don't have time to do it. It's gotten to the point where I don't even try anymore. 

For the Dog Warrior thing, their style of fighting is not what makes them worthy of the Dog, it is their mindset. Each of the 12 spirits has a certain trait and each of their warriors represent that. For example, the Rat Champion has no fighting experience whatsoever, but he got to his position because, being so cunning and intelligent, he truly represents the spirit of the Rat. For the Dog Warriors, it is their loyalty and compassion that defines them. (although Shen does everything he can to hide this aspect of himself from others) 

Also, Shen taught himself to fight, and therefore has no specific style. He does things his own way, but again, most of his moves rely on his powers or weapons. When fighting without them, he generally relies on the fact that his opponent is weaker than him. If indeed they are weaker than him. 

He trains regularly in order to maintain his skill in hand to hand, but I thought it was best to point out that he barely actually applies this skill in a fight, and hence is not at all experienced in fighting with his hands alone. He can seem like a master when practicing alone and rehearsing specific moves, but when actually faced with an opponent, he almost never uses just his hands. Even without powers, he always has at least one weapon in a fight. 

By less experienced I kinda meant in general. Someone who says they have 'some fighting skill' he could defeat quite easily in hand to hand. The same for grunts and henchmen. It is when he faces someone who actually has experience in a fight that he struggles. For example, while he could probably take down a whole hoard of Ninja with his powers, without them, I doubt he'd survive such an encounter.
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the Vica
@Feral Nova said:
" Ok i'm not listing all the stuff like I did before.... but from what I've read on AKIRA's profile, lol, and from what I've read from battles on BOTH sides (as well as the facts that Vica presented), I'm going to say Akira. "
Dammit, now I just wasted my time typing all that stuff XP 

But I suppose now I can pretty much copy most of it into my bio... 

Would give the win to Akira too anyway 

... What? Sha didn't say we weren't allowed to say if we'd lose... lol
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Darkchild

Here I got one 

iMistress Redhead vs Lady Tlieso

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Andferne

Nice thread Sha. Wands and I were talking about this the other night. We thought for sure this had been done, but could not track it down. I know I tried one a while back that got locked. lol

So is Vica Vs Akira over already?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Darkchild

It said after three hour if it wasnt finished someone could make a new battle....so i did?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Andferne

I got to start getting on earlier. >_>

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

>.< I'll be back to say my vote.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Constantine

I would go with MR on this one, as it is character based rather then RPing based (not that either are bad RPers, rather excellent actually), I can imagine the fight in a comic, I'd say MRs guns give her the edge, though it'd be a pretty epic battle

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Andferne

Because the powers and weakness list got flocked up with the update and has not been fixed. I don 't know or remember what each of their powers are. MR's read more about me page just has a pic now.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Andferne

Lady T (Powers and Weaknesses that are on her page. Now I just need to see MR's anyone know if it is on her other account?)

Abilities

Telepathy - She can read minds and influence others to do her bidding.

Ninjitsu - Survivalist  training including weapons, concealment,  explosives, medicines, avoidance, misdirection and the 18 disciplines. 

Shurikenjutsu - The art of throwing shuriken, such as the flat style of Hira-shuikens and the spike-like Bo-shuriken.

Seishin Teki Kyoko - A spiritual refinement technique used to prepare the mind for the work ahead.

Bo-Jutsu - Bo and staff fighting techniques.

Yari-Jutsu - The Art of the Spear.

Naginsata-Jutsu - Fighting techniques used with the Niginata. A favorite weapon of female combatants it consists of a curved
blade mounted onto a pole.

Kusarigama-Jutsu - The Art of fighting with a Kusarigama. 

Kayaku-Jutsu - A technique incorporating the use of explosives, gun powder and firearms.

Hensojutsu - Disguise, impersonation and infiltration also known as Shichi Ho De, "Seven ways of going."

Shinobi-iri - Techniques for silent movement and climbing used for covert infiltration.

Ba-Jutsu - The difficult art of fighting from horseback.

Sui-ren - Water training including water as a weapon, floats, tools, stealth and survival techniques.

Bo-Ryaku - Strategies, tactics, manipulation and exploitation.

Cho Ho - The art of espionage.

Inton-jutsu - The invaluable ability to "disappear", it also including other walking and stealth techniques.

Tenmon - Watching the skies and using the weather to their advantage.

Chi-mon - Geographical knowledge of the surrounding areas including botany, entomology and zoology.

Tai Jutsu - Simply put, the art of Unarmed combat.

Ninja Ken - Swordsmanship techniques using the straight edged blade, including fast draws and fencing skills.

Kunoichi - Training focusing on disguises, poisons and using her feminine charms to her advantage.

Telekinesis - She has the ability to move objects with her mind. Her limits have not yet been seen but the larger the item the more it takes out of her. Tlieso also uses this to augment her only slightly above average strength.

Agility - Tlieso is extremely agile from her years of training.

Shadow Control - Abilities she learned while ruling hell allow her to move through the shadows and form into objects.

Blood Magic - An rare mixture of Alchemy and Necromancy, this arcane knowledge has given her the ability to heal, kill or torment to her hearts desire.

Poisons - Unmatched knowledge in the use of Poisons dating back hundreds of years.

Weaknesses

Strength - Her strength is that of an extremely fit woman. She often uses her telekinesis to supplement this but she can be overpowered.

Cold/Ice - Tlieso does not like the cold & can only withstand as much as her clothing will allow her to.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Constantine

and my memory of MR is now abolished, it's the telepathy that finishes her off..... srry MR xP 

I wrote the previous statement from memory so without any new evidence it's almost a curbstomp..... still epic battle

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Ok...MR doesnt really have a bio xD So its kinda hard to compair the two... so I decided to upload their cards to help me xP

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Ok, compairing the two they are actually really similar power grid wise >.< Only major differance is that MR doesnt have any projection powers. 

its really hard to say, because I havent seen these two out in action to their full power and neither of them really do battle rpgs. 

I say if these two where to battle, it would be very close, concidering that MR has a healing factor (if I remember correctly) and would be able to quickly recover from any injuries that Lady T puts on her and MR COULD over power her with her strength. The only thing is that has me with Lady T are her ninjitsu's and telepathy >.<

Like I said before, I havent really seen these two fight in the threads... so its hard to say, but I'm going to have to give it to Lady T 

Sorry MR, I still love you! lol
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the Vica
@Andferne said:
" So is Vica Vs Akira over already? "
It's not like there's a rule saying you're not allowed to comment on battles once the next one has started :P
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Prima VS Kiara XD

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By Nighthunter

Kiara

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

>_< 

I have to read up on both, then I'll vote

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andras

Prima curbstomp.....And before you ask yes im biased :p

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Well... now that i think about... Kiara doesnt have her powers anymore anyways xD So I think Prima could win that fight lol

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By shanana

Obi Wan Kenobi vs Andferne

Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By Acer

Obi because even if he dies he can just come back as a force ghost :p Honesstly i not sure, i dont know if Obi's anti matter attacks will affect Andy's shield

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Sojourn_

Well, with Andy's ring, and extra gadgetry, I think Andy might be able to pull this stuff off... 

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By shanana

O_O

Fail!