#5653  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The shows are getting better

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@jnr6lil: Attitude Era better? or just better than awful better?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5655  Edited By warlock360
Loading Video...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grow tired of the shield. All they ever do is jump people and when they have matches they rarely end without them either getting DQ'd or jumping the opponent after the match. Perhaps I just don't see anything special about them since when you've seen groups like Evolution,Nexus,Legacy,and others that came before them and implored the same tactics I guess you just aren't impressed by it anymore

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gambit474:

I'm not completely teared of them, but I understand. After a while one'll start to say "Ok can you play fair once?". They're all just rewashes of DX and nWo. That outcast/outlaw group who do what they want, when they want to.

I was into the Shield when they were separated from the everyone (Like, not even roster members). Once they had their first match, I started to look interest.

d^_^b

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5661  Edited By laflux
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman: Doesn't matter if it's fake. It's still entertainment to people.

So laugh. King Mo's opinion is still greater than yours and these guys that "dress up in their underwear" are paying the bills, partying their butts off, and swimming in women. I hope you're doing the same cause I doubt you're one to really look down at them.

Spawn, TBH, he could benefit from swimming with the women.......

No Caption Provided

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5664  Edited By Gambit474

@gambit474:

I'm not completely teared of them, but I understand. After a while one'll start to say "Ok can you play fair once?". They're all just rewashes of DX and nWo. That outcast/outlaw group who do what they want, when they want to.

I was into the Shield when they were separated from the everyone (Like, not even roster members). Once they had their first match, I started to look interest.

d^_^b

Yeah I mean I don't deny that these guys have got some skill in the ring..But their characters have just very little credibility imo because WWE won't have them stop jumping everyone and actually have them win a match the clean way for once. There's doing heel tactics and then there's overdoing it..Guys like Randy Orton,Edge,Alberto Del Rio,and others have done nasty things as heels but they still showed that they could get the job done by actually wrestling the match too. I wish the writers would just change up the way the shield acts and make them seem more credible

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know Natalya worked in the indies?

d^_^b

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE is going to be back to trash once Summerslam ends.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5667 King_Saturn  Online

@jnr6lil said:

Well if Daniel Bryan wins... maybe there will be something new to look forward to.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5668  Edited By Jnr6Lil
Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summerslam just ended. I won't spoil anything here though. It was....interesting.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

Well if Daniel Bryan wins... maybe there will be something new to look forward to.

He did win..Until he got bit by the viper

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5671 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

He did win..Until he got bit by the viper

Oh I Know, I Saw It... Triple H with the Double Cross on The Beard as the Special Guest Referee... It was an Interesting End to Summerslam though.

The CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar match was a Load of Entertainment... Loved the F-5 into DDT Move by CM Punk towards the end of the match... even though he lost.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Cena getting pinned off a flying knee is freaking dumb. Otherwise, seems like a decent PPV.

Though Lesnar/Punktard should have ended in two seconds. Why would you put a bear against a toddler and make it competitive?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5674 King_Saturn  Online

Cena getting pinned off a flying knee is freaking dumb. Otherwise, seems like a decent PPV.

Though Lesnar/Punktard should have ended in two seconds. Why would you put a bear against a toddler and make it competitive?

Flying Knees have KO'd fighters in K-1 and MMA Events... why should it not be counted for in Pro Wrestling as a possible KO blow ?

Not Really, CM Punk lasted a good while with The Undertaker and Taker is Bigger and Stronger than Punk as well.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Flying Knees have KO'd fighters in K-1 and MMA Events... why should it not be counted for in Pro Wrestling as a possible KO blow ?

Not Really, CM Punk lasted a good while with The Undertaker and Taker is Bigger and Stronger than Punk as well.

That's MMA. Cena has kicked out of finishing moves that are definitive, but a flying knee keeps him down for three? Retroactively devalues a lot of guys.

Yeah but that match was terrible. Not the fault of either guy though, the booking was complete garbage. And Undertaker is no Brock Lesnar in terms of physicality.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5676 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

That's MMA. Cena has kicked out of finishing moves that are definitive, but a flying knee keeps him down for three? Retroactively devalues a lot of guys.

Yeah but that match was terrible. Not the fault of either guy though, the booking was complete garbage. And Undertaker is no Brock Lesnar in terms of physicality.

It's all fighting... Pro Wrestling tends to emulate and adapt even MMA Fighting Moves into it's Matches now anyways... so I don't see why Bryan flying across the Ring doing a Tiger Knee on Cena should be any less effective IMO... especially considering a Flush Strike to the Head should be even more effective for a KO than a Chokeslam or Rock Bottom or F-5 considering these attacks only slam you on your back to the mat where you could recover quicker than someone actually smashing you in the skull...

I actually thought the Taker vs Punk match was very entertaining... maybe Punk should not have lasted that long... but it was still good. It really does not matter if Lesnar is more physical than the Undertaker... Punk was able to last with Taker on a stage he never loses at on top of the fact that he is much smaller than Taker and not as strong. A lot of Punk's big fights have been against fighters who are larger and stronger than he is... yet dude figures out a way to win and lasts.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: It's still about the entertainment of it, not what move is more realistic. There's a reason something like the People's Elbow got insanely over while no one cares about Barrett's elbow to the face. Just a really weak move to end it on, imo. Yeah, it'd hurt, but the F-U isn't going to keep anyone down for three, but it's pro-wrestling, so it does. Bryan should have pinned Cena with some form of wrestling move, since that was what his build-up was based on, being the better wrestler. Not being the better MMA guy or dude who knees people in the head. Should have got him with a small package out of an AA or something.

Those guys aren't Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is the best in-ring competitor the WWE has ever had. He's one of, if not, the strongest, incredibly quick for his size, has a diverse background in Amateur wrestling and now MMA, and is just an intimidating presence. CM Punk beating someone bigger than him is fine, but going toe-to-toe with Lesnar is a joke, particularly since he can't use the "better in-ring wrestler/striker" element to fall back on. Punk knows more holds and locks than Cena, so him beating Cena is fine. The Undertaker has never been particularly quick, so Punk can use that to his advantage. Lesnar is just superior in every way, and by having the match be competitive all they're doing is devaluing Lesnar and making their product look idiotic.

My major problem with it was that Punk didn't get destroyed. What should have happened was Undertaker hit him with a Last Ride, Tombstone and then another tombstone after the match, or before the fall. That way Punk looks tough for taking it all, and Undertaker gets his payback from the Paul Bearer stuff. Instead, Undertaker let Punk off easy and Punk pulled a kharmic houdini, leaving the entire match and feud with a "that's it?" feeling.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5678 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn: It's still about the entertainment of it, not what move is more realistic. There's a reason something like the People's Elbow got insanely over while no one cares about Barrett's elbow to the face. Just a really weak move to end it on, imo. Yeah, it'd hurt, but the F-U isn't going to keep anyone down for three, but it's pro-wrestling, so it does. Bryan should have pinned Cena with some form of wrestling move, since that was what his build-up was based on, being the better wrestler. Not being the better MMA guy or dude who knees people in the head. Should have got him with a small package out of an AA or something.

Those guys aren't Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is the best in-ring competitor the WWE has ever had. He's one of, if not, the strongest, incredibly quick for his size, has a diverse background in Amateur wrestling and now MMA, and is just an intimidating presence. CM Punk beating someone bigger than him is fine, but going toe-to-toe with Lesnar is a joke, particularly since he can't use the "better in-ring wrestler/striker" element to fall back on. Punk knows more holds and locks than Cena, so him beating Cena is fine. The Undertaker has never been particularly quick, so Punk can use that to his advantage. Lesnar is just superior in every way, and by having the match be competitive all they're doing is devaluing Lesnar and making their product look idiotic.

My major problem with it was that Punk didn't get destroyed. What should have happened was Undertaker hit him with a Last Ride, Tombstone and then another tombstone after the match, or before the fall. That way Punk looks tough for taking it all, and Undertaker gets his payback from the Paul Bearer stuff. Instead, Undertaker let Punk off easy and Punk pulled a kharmic houdini, leaving the entire match and feud with a "that's it?" feeling.

The match was Entertaining enough and the finish was fine with me... I don't have a problem with Bryan winning a match with Flying Knee at all... heck, JBL used to win matches with a damn Clothesline finish... since Pro Wrestling is incorporating more MMA in it anyways... I don't see why this is a problem. It was entertaining enough...

I agree... in Pro Wrestling Nature, The Undertaker is Better than Brock Lesnar. Yes, Lesnar is Realistically the Better Athlete of these other wrestlers... but that really does not mean much considering Lesnar Never Uses his Amateur Wrestling Background in the Ring anymore... and the only thing that Lesnar adapts from MMA into his WWE career now is the Kimura... everything else he does is just Powerhouse / Brawler moves from a Big Guy... but nothing to suggest he is even way ahead of a John Cena in terms of Power or Ability IMO... or even The Undertaker in the Ring now. I have never really seen Lesnar show that much quickness since he came back anyways... lots of Power and Brute Force... but that's really it. I don't see how this is something that would stomp Punk when not even the Phenom who is essentially Unstoppable at Wrestlemania could not stomp him.

Why is that a problem ? If the WWE is gonna push CM Punk then they have to make him resilient to damage from other Superstars... I mean I actually thought the match should have ended faster too... but I see why they did allow it to be a slobber knocker... you push the product you think bests generates money for your company and CM Punk is a superstar who is charismatic and a money generator. So they gave him a edge in the fight against the Phenom even though he lost.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree with Cena getting pinned that way..it was pretty dumb. Cena's been able to kick out of the pedigree,sweet chin music,the RKO,and many other shot to the head type moves yet that takes him down..It's like when Kane got pinned at Survivor Series from a elbow drop from Big Daddy V years ago or when he lost to a flying clothesline from his clone at another PPV. As for Punk vs Lesnar..Lol Taker is no where near Lesnar's physicality? Did you even watch some of their old matches of Lesnar vs Biker Taker? Taker kicked his ass from one side of the ring to the next. You're also wrong about him being one of their best competitors..Bret Hart,Chris Benoit (Yes I mentioned him),Kurt Angle,and many others can/could outwrestle Brock Lesnar any day of the week. Lesnar's not that intimidating..His character was far better years ago when his character was able to shrug off things like being hit in the head with a steel chair like 2-3 times from the Hardy Boyz for ex..Whereas now he gets beaten down by a camera from Punk. Punk's size should have nothing to do with this..Look at Shawn Michaels's. HBK fought plenty of guys that were bigger then him or stronger then him but was still able to survive or even win sometimes

Size isn't everything in WWE

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

They should go back to one MITB at WrestleMania or not at all. The matches are fun the but the payoff is all the same, every MiTB becomes champion in the same way.

It can be at anytime right ? Do it during the day. Punk is having lunch at Chipotle and Ryback rushes out of the kitchen and spears him. Or Cesaro breaks into Cena's home when he's sleeping and pins him with a pinky.

No more ridiculous then anything else they did :P

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cena's getting a 4-6 months of break to fix his elbow. After what I saw on RAW, it pretty much looks like Daniel Bryan is going to replace Cena (at least temporarily) as top dog in these coming months.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5682  Edited By Gambit474

They should go back to one MITB at WrestleMania or not at all. The matches are fun the but the payoff is all the same, every MiTB becomes champion in the same way.

It can be at anytime right ? Do it during the day. Punk is having lunch at Chipotle and Ryback rushes out of the kitchen and spears him. Or Cesaro breaks into Cena's home when he's sleeping and pins him with a pinky.

No more ridiculous then anything else they did :P

They'd have to bring back the hardcore championship if they did that because that was pretty much how it functioned..They could fight it out anywhere at anytime. They use to be good with having the MITB guy cash in because they'd do it when you least expect it..now they're becoming terribly predictable with it

Anyways am I the only one who doesn't know as to what the point of the Wyatt family is? I mean we've already got a heel group running around as the Shield..The Wyatts just seem kind of pointless

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darling_luna: Okay, I demand that sleeping pinkie pin! Man, that would be so damn funnny.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5684 King_Saturn  Online

@fadetoblackbolt said:

I have to agree with Cena getting pinned that way..it was pretty dumb. Cena's been able to kick out of the pedigree,sweet chin music,the RKO,and many other shot to the head type moves yet that takes him down..It's like when Kane got pinned at Survivor Series from a elbow drop from Big Daddy V years ago or when he lost to a flying clothesline from his clone at another PPV. As for Punk vs Lesnar..Lol Taker is no where near Lesnar's physicality? Did you even watch some of their old matches of Lesnar vs Biker Taker? Taker kicked his ass from one side of the ring to the next. You're also wrong about him being one of their best competitors..Bret Hart,Chris Benoit (Yes I mentioned him),Kurt Angle,and many others can/could outwrestle Brock Lesnar any day of the week. Lesnar's not that intimidating..His character was far better years ago when his character was able to shrug off things like being hit in the head with a steel chair like 2-3 times from the Hardy Boyz for ex..Whereas now he gets beaten down by a camera from Punk. Punk's size should have nothing to do with this..Look at Shawn Michaels's. HBK fought plenty of guys that were bigger then him or stronger then him but was still able to survive or even win sometimes

Why is it dumb ? Flying Kick to the Head can be just as Potent as a Pedigree or Sweet Chin Music ( which is just a variation of a Flying Kick to the Head ) or the RKO... in some instances it would be easier to handle being Pedigree or RKO because your head / body just hits the Mat... where as if someone flies at you with their Boot or Knee to the Head, the impact would be more potent because the strike of the Knee or Kick can do more damage.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5685 King_Saturn  Online

They did Daniel Bryan wrong last night on Monday Night RAW...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5686 SC  Moderator

I really liked Summerslam, mainly for Cena/Bryan and Lesnar/Punk. Not a fan of Inferno/RoF matches, thought would have been better just having a normal match, crowd seemed more excited by the pyro. I had to double take with DB's knee to Cena, because at first I thought it was an anti climatic finish to an epic match, but when I watched the reply it looked way brutal and felt okay to me as a match finisher. It almost looked like a botch to me how brutal it was heh heh. Hope it becomes a regular part of his arsenal. I am not a huge fan of the Cena character, but like Cena the person, crowd was way too rough on Raw, am glad he gets a rest though he really deserves it, hopefully when him and Sheamus come back will get more crowd appreciation.

Am interested to see what happens hereon out. Wish Cesaro, Big E, and Barret were being used better. Am excited for DB too.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

Anyways am I the only one who doesn't know as to what the point of the Wyatt family is? I mean we've already got a heel group running around as the Shield..The Wyatts just seem kind of pointless

don't you know who the head wyatt is? that's former fcw star and new nexus member HUSKY HARRIS. hes legacy as he the grandson of blackjack mulligan, son of IRS. but his role in the wwf is just to antagonize kane

as for mitb its beginning to be very predictable. as soon as hunter hearst Helmsley named himself guest referee in the bearded ones raw title fight and with orton being the raw mitb winner, you knew shenanigans were going to happen.

whats with rico rodrigez announcing for mr Monday night rob van dam?

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5688  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Anyone else think that the Corporation is coming back after RAW last night? Cause The Shield along with the McMahon family and Orton seem like the Corporation to me.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5689  Edited By Gambit474

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Why is it dumb ? Flying Kick to the Head can be just as Potent as a Pedigree or Sweet Chin Music ( which is just a variation of a Flying Kick to the Head ) or the RKO... in some instances it would be easier to handle being Pedigree or RKO because your head / body just hits the Mat... where as if someone flies at you with their Boot or Knee to the Head, the impact would be more potent because the strike of the Knee or Kick can do more damage.

Because this is wrestling..A knee to the face isn't a very appealing finisher because finishing moves in WWE,TNA,or whatever else usually consist of some flashy or unique finishing move. If Bryan's knee to the head was so potent that he'd be pinning guys all the time just by kicking them in the head when he does his Yes kicks. It was a poor way to end the match,probably because everyone knows Bryan obviously couldn't get Cena's character to tapout to the yes lock. Unless your name is CM Punk..A knee to the head out of nowhere is not a good way to end the match unless it's a finishing move. We could argue this all day..However fact remains this isn't MMA or some junk like that..This is wrestling and part of wrestling is the entertainment value of how an opponent is finished

Yes umbra I know it's Husky..I've just found it to be a pointless gimmick that makes absolutely no sense other then to pester Kane or beat up on people.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5690  Edited By Darling_Luna

I think Mitb and Elimination Chamber kind of take way from the importance of the Royal Rumble, which isn't it supposed to be the more important one, now neither of the three comes off like they matter. Isn't Elim right before WM ?

Plus Mitb takes away from a good match, you see a epic 20 min Punk/ Cena match then it ends not mattering five minutes later. Plus it doesn't make the Mitb winner look strong, makes him a chump that can't win a legit match.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Plus Mitb takes away from a good match, you see a epic 20 Punk/ Cena match then it ends not mattering five minutes later. Plus it doesn't make the Mitb winner look strong, makes him a chump that can't win a legit match.

Agreed. MITB is something I'd like to see go away.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I watched Summer Slam. I like the Wyatt Family. I'm thinking finally a heel with a good story. I like their theme music, their entrance, catch phrases, and even their finisher.

I greatly prefer the Wyatt family over Shield, ME Mafia, Ace's & 8s.

I am interested to see what happens with the Wyatt family after they finally confront Kane. I'd like them to be the next Straight Edge Society type of heel faction. Or hell maybe they can just be a Tag team with an AWEsome gimmick.

I understand a random knee to the face is lame. Get Over it. Bryan needs to developed his finisher. I mean look at Randy the RKO took a while to become the AWEsome finisher it is now.

I'd like for Shield to be a serious version of APA.

I also want to add that TNA low key sucks. I'm tired of hearing how TNA is far superior than WWE. Do you see the crap they're doing?

Bro Man's? ME Mafia vs Ace's & 8s? Emo AJ? I hate Emo AJ. The wannabe Vince/Hogan having his daughter marry the heel HHH/Bully. Really?

I think both Companies are equal right now. I think their officially a Pepsi Vs Coke. PS Marvel and DC are Coke vs Pepsi too.

Does anybody like The Usos?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5693 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Because this is wrestling..A knee to the face isn't a very appealing finisher because finishing moves in WWE,TNA,or whatever else usually consist of some flashy or unique finishing move. If Bryan's knee to the head was so potent that he'd be pinning guys all the time just by kicking them in the head when he does his Yes kicks. It was a poor way to end the match,probably because everyone knows Bryan obviously couldn't get Cena's character to tapout to the yes lock. Unless your name is CM Punk..A knee to the head out of nowhere is not a good way to end the match unless it's a finishing move. We could argue this all day..However fact remains this isn't MMA or some junk like that..This is wrestling and part of wrestling is the entertainment value of how an opponent is finished

Yes umbra I know it's Husky..I've just found it to be a pointless gimmick that makes absolutely no sense other then to pester Kane or beat up on people.

Really ? So when JBL used to beat people with a Running Clothesline that was acceptable ? Or when Hulk Hogan beat people with a freaking Leg Drop that was acceptable ? Or when HBK beats people with a Kick to the Face that's acceptable... but a Knee to the Head is not a good Wrestling move for a Finish ?

On your point about the Yes Kicks, you are off... because Bryan loaded up that Flying Knee he threw at Cena he was not just kicking him in the Head... in any case, you can reference any of those previous finishers I used as reference to why Bryan's Running Knee could be just as potent for a Finisher.

Why was it a Poor way to end the Match ? So are all of Hulk Hogan's matches poorly ended when he does a Leg Drop on an already down opponent ? Are all of JBL's matches poorly ended when he beats someone with a Running Clothesline ?

What ? So only CM Punk can use Knees as Finishers ? Come on man you can do better than this.

A knee to the head is not a good way to end a match but a Leg Drop is okay ? I mean Hulk Hogan one of the most popular wrestlers ever used a Leg Drop to finish his opponents. Yet you think a Running Knee isn't sufficient ?

MMA is not some junk... as a matter of fact Pro Wrestling incorporate some MMA moves into it's matches... so it's kind of a strange thing to even suggest that... perhaps you was not entertained... I would wonder how you could consider a Leg Drop, Clothesline, Kick to the Face acceptable as Finishers but not a Kick to the Head from The Beard.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5694 god_spawn  Moderator

I can understand why wrestlers hate some fans talking about the sport like they know the ins and outs of it.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fist drop anyone ?

Loading Video...

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: I fuc!ing love the Uso's I kinda wanted them and Kofi Kingston to form an Island based answer to the Shield though I know Kofi is from Ghana.

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Really ? So when JBL used to beat people with a Running Clothesline that was acceptable ? Or when Hulk Hogan beat people with a freaking Leg Drop that was acceptable ? Or when HBK beats people with a Kick to the Face that's acceptable... but a Knee to the Head is not a good Wrestling move for a Finish ?

On your point about the Yes Kicks, you are off... because Bryan loaded up that Flying Knee he threw at Cena he was not just kicking him in the Head... in any case, you can reference any of those previous finishers I used as reference to why Bryan's Running Knee could be just as potent for a Finisher.

Why was it a Poor way to end the Match ? So are all of Hulk Hogan's matches poorly ended when he does a Leg Drop on an already down opponent ? Are all of JBL's matches poorly ended when he beats someone with a Running Clothesline ?

What ? So only CM Punk can use Knees as Finishers ? Come on man you can do better than this.

A knee to the head is not a good way to end a match but a Leg Drop is okay ? I mean Hulk Hogan one of the most popular wrestlers ever used a Leg Drop to finish his opponents. Yet you think a Running Knee isn't sufficient ?

MMA is not some junk... as a matter of fact Pro Wrestling incorporate some MMA moves into it's matches... so it's kind of a strange thing to even suggest that... perhaps you was not entertained... I would wonder how you could consider a Leg Drop, Clothesline, Kick to the Face acceptable as Finishers but not a Kick to the Head from The Beard.

Isn't the Shining Wizard a kick/knee to the head? Haven't more people been concussed by kicks to the head than an RKO? I'm with Saturn on this one.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5697 the_stegman  Moderator

@m3th: I find the Usos boring and turn the channel whenever they have a match.

But dayum, the crowd went wild for Bryan on Raw

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand why wrestlers hate some fans talking about the sport like they know the ins and outs of it.

The proverbial fat man who boos but doesn't have the guts to get in the ring?

There There Punk. I feel your pain

*hands protein shake and pats on back*

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

That fan was likely one of the fans that WWE pays to come to their shows. Just because of past events and the risks of the "why don't you get in the ring" which they've been having problems with lately.

As to Wrestlers hating fans... no. They hate people who don't get it and call it "fake", not people who know the ins and outs more or less and get it.

@nelomaxwell: RKO is just a Diamond Cutter... and a reversed Diamond Cutter is a Stunner. People are generally not hurt by that, but a lot of moves are painful to give, like the Stunner. The best way to tell how painful something really is is figuring out how the impact is being diffused... For example, Slams are painful based on where they are because it is like a full body smack which is diffused into the mat... but the mat is more or less springy depending where you are and a slam on a regular floor hurts that much more.

Likewise, concussions are largely caused, in this case, by the person who got concussed, in most cases... It's because concussion is caused by the brain getting accelerated and then stopping suddenly. As long as the head is free to move about then the person getting concussed is the person at fault because all this stuff is planned and these people know how to take hits. If you watch and someone "no sells" that's actually dangerous because it requires that they accept the impact rather than diffuse it. Diffusing in general is just how momentum, energy, and all like that works which is basically "an object in motion tends to stay in motion until an equal and/opposite force is enacted upon it" or "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" In other words... If I punch you in the stomach and you just "Accept it" you are not letting the energy continue moving and so it has to go/do something which in this case is cause damage/pain. If you sell, then the energy is diffused, and minimal pain is suffered.

So there is a combination of things that are problematic with certain things that look worse or better than they are...

As to the idea that "only CM Punk can have a knee move"... the answer to that is... Yes. It's generally bad form to "Steal" moves from other wrestlers, in particular their finisher, especially if in the same promotion. And moves that look similar are equally frowned upon because...they look similar. The way that you become a star is to stand out. You can't stand out if someone is similar to you. The more different you are the more chance you have to stand out and the more likely you'll become a big name which means more money. Finishers are one of the few ways to stand out as a wrestler.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5700 King_Saturn  Online

@durakken said:

@laflux said:

@god_spawn said:

That fan was likely one of the fans that WWE pays to come to their shows. Just because of past events and the risks of the "why don't you get in the ring" which they've been having problems with lately.

As to Wrestlers hating fans... no. They hate people who don't get it and call it "fake", not people who know the ins and outs more or less and get it.

@nelomaxwell: RKO is just a Diamond Cutter... and a reversed Diamond Cutter is a Stunner. People are generally not hurt by that, but a lot of moves are painful to give, like the Stunner. The best way to tell how painful something really is is figuring out how the impact is being diffused... For example, Slams are painful based on where they are because it is like a full body smack which is diffused into the mat... but the mat is more or less springy depending where you are and a slam on a regular floor hurts that much more.

Likewise, concussions are largely caused, in this case, by the person who got concussed, in most cases... It's because concussion is caused by the brain getting accelerated and then stopping suddenly. As long as the head is free to move about then the person getting concussed is the person at fault because all this stuff is planned and these people know how to take hits. If you watch and someone "no sells" that's actually dangerous because it requires that they accept the impact rather than diffuse it. Diffusing in general is just how momentum, energy, and all like that works which is basically "an object in motion tends to stay in motion until an equal and/opposite force is enacted upon it" or "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" In other words... If I punch you in the stomach and you just "Accept it" you are not letting the energy continue moving and so it has to go/do something which in this case is cause damage/pain. If you sell, then the energy is diffused, and minimal pain is suffered.

So there is a combination of things that are problematic with certain things that look worse or better than they are...

As to the idea that "only CM Punk can have a knee move"... the answer to that is... Yes. It's generally bad form to "Steal" moves from other wrestlers, in particular their finisher, especially if in the same promotion. And moves that look similar are equally frowned upon because...they look similar. The way that you become a star is to stand out. You can't stand out if someone is similar to you. The more different you are the more chance you have to stand out and the more likely you'll become a big name which means more money. Finishers are one of the few ways to stand out as a wrestler.

What a load of junk on the only CM Punk can have a Knee Move... both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk uses Kicks and Knees... they have been using them since the Indies... the difference here is that CM Punk's move of the GTS is different from what Daniel Bryan did to John Cena at Summerslam... both are Knee Moves but both are done differently... so no one stole anything. As far as standing out, I don't think Daniel Bryan has any issues with standing out at all... yet he uses kicks and knees and so does CM Punk... that does not take away from their skills or diversity at all.