#5701 Edited by God_Spawn (38342 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I'm being serious. Reading half of these responses just irk me. I remember in the early stages of just knowing my trainers and talking with some of the other wrestlers and being like "I'm gonna be a wrestler and my character will be____" and I would get threatened to be dragged out into the parking lot and get my ass kicked. It's probably why I'm not in this thread as much anymore because I feel like a whole two people actually know what they are talking about.

#5702 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I know- was just trying to lighten things up ^.^

#5703 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: Maybe... I didn't see the particular "knee" but Punk does several variations and I can guess at what the problem might be if there is one. I think that if it's a general knee it's a bit like complaining that Punk does the kicks that Bryan does. I think the idea of Sweet Chin Music being a finisher is a bit dumb but there it is...

#5704 Posted by The Stegman (26057 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: @king_saturn: @fadetoblackbolt:

I can see both sides of the argument. From a WRESTLING standpoint, a knee to the face is just as effective, if not more so, than the flashier ''finisher moves'' like an RKO, F5, Rock Bottom etc, and is more than capable of getting the three count. However from an ENTERTAINMENT point of view, these finisher moves are supposed to be more devastating (again, going by the entertainment factor in WWE) than regular kicks, elbows etc, plus they are just more fun to watch. When a wrestler hits his signature finisher then THAT'S when the three count is won. I will admit, that seeing Cena lose to a regular ol' elbow is a bit anti climatic in this format, but that's kinda what I like about Bryan, besides the ''Yes Lock" he doesn't really have any flashy finishing moves, he wins with the most simple techniques, it makes him unique in this business.

#5705 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see both sides of the argument. From a WRESTLING standpoint, a knee to the face is just as effective, if not more so, than the flashier ''finisher moves'' like an RKO, F5, Rock Bottom etc, and is more than capable of getting the three count. However from an ENTERTAINMENT point of view, these finisher moves are supposed to be more devastating (again, going by the entertainment factor in WWE) than regular kicks, elbows etc, plus they are just more fun to watch. When a wrestler hits his signature finisher then THAT'S when the three count is won. I will admit, that seeing Cena lose to a regular ol' elbow is a bit anti climatic in this format, but that's kinda what I like about Bryan, besides the ''Yes Lock" he doesn't really have any flashy finishing moves, he wins with the most simple techniques, it makes him unique in this business.

I am still lost with the whole issue of how the Knee to the Face was not entertaining enough for a finish... I mean Shawn Michaels can essentially win over the elite wrestlers in the WWE for years using what is basically a Superkick with Theatrics... but Bryan was not entertaining enough with the whole Running Flying Knee ? Maybe it's just me... I mean we have seen Hulk Hogan for years finish opponents with a got dam Leg Drop... a Leg Drop. No suplex, No piledriver, No Submission Hold... for years, Hogan's signature move was a Leg Drop and it sufficed as an entertaining finisher.

#5706 Edited by The Stegman (26057 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@the_stegman said:

I am still lost with the whole issue of how the Knee to the Face was not entertaining enough for a finish... I mean Shawn Michaels can essentially win over the elite wrestlers in the WWE for years using what is basically a Superkick with Theatrics... but Bryan was not entertaining enough with the whole Running Flying Knee ? Maybe it's just me... I mean we have seen Hulk Hogan for years finish opponents with a got dam Leg Drop... a Leg Drop. No suplex, No piledriver, No Submission Hold... for years, Hogan's signature move was a Leg Drop and it sufficed as an entertaining finisher.

Well, I didn't see the match Sunday, so I don't know exactly what Bryan did, but I'm gonna assume he just got on the top rope and hit a reeling Cena in the face. The difference between that and the others is theatricality. Let's take Hogan for instance, he would rev the crowd up by doing his little Hogan charge and multiple clotheslines before finally delivering the leg drop, likewise, HBK could stomp his foot to get the crowd hyped. Hell, look at the Rock, all he does is an elbow to the shoulder, yet his little standing over the body and jumping over it gets the audience excited before the lil "People's Elbow" It's not just the move, it's the delivery.

#5707 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

playin gm mode on svr 07 and I'm losing mad profit :(

good thing I'm not playing vs the computer!

#5708 Edited by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@king_saturn said:

@the_stegman said:

Well, I didn't see the match Sunday, so I don't know exactly what Bryan did, but I'm gonna assume he just got on the top rope and hit a reeling Cena in the face. The difference between that and the others is theatricality. Let's take Hogan for instance, he would rev the crowd up by doing his little Hogan charge and multiple clotheslines before finally delivering the knee, likewise, HBK could stomp his foot to get the crowd hyped. Hell, look at the Rock, all he does is an elbow to the shoulder, yet his little standing over the body and jumping over it gets the audience excited before the lil "People's Elbow" It's not just the move, it's the delivery.

Edit : Actually The Beard ran into the Corner after a failed Pin attempt on Cena and did that Yes chant stuff and then he hit Cena with the Flying Knee. So there was some Theatrics to it before the Move was done.

#5709 Posted by The Stegman (26057 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

Oh..well actually a running knee does sound more like Bryan's style then a flying top rope knee. And really..does anyone REALLY think JBL was that great anyway? To me he was nothing more than that era's Del Rio.

#5710 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

Oh..well actually a running knee does sound more like Bryan's style then a flying top rope knee. And really..does anyone REALLY think JBL was that great anyway? To me he was nothing more than that era's Del Rio.

JBL was champ briefly... LOL

On an earlier note, Bryan did go to the other Corner and did his Yes chant before he ran at Cena with the Flying Knee... so there was Theatrics with the Move.

#5711 Posted by The Stegman (26057 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@king_saturn:

JBL was champ briefly... LOL

On an earlier note, Bryan did go to the other Corner and did his Yes chant before he ran at Cena with the Flying Knee... so there was Theatrics with the Move.

So was Del Rio ha.

But hey man, I don't have a problem with Bryan, to me he's very interesting in the ring, I'm just playing devil's advocate and trying to decide why some people found the end of the match kinda anti climatic. But without any finishing moves other than the Yes Lock (which let's be honest, Cena ain't gonna tap out) I don't see how else the match could have ended.

#5712 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

Daniel Bryan Tiger Knee !

3igx6ty_medium

#5713 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

That looks like crap... looks like he slipped on something and accidentally hit him in the head with the knee...

As far as what else Bryan could have done... Do like Cena...but out a new move. Yes Cena busts out a new move with a lot of his super Major matches.

I also would point out that they are missing a huge opportunity with Cena and Bryan with a crossover with the Diva's show...

#5714 Edited by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

@king_saturn said:

That looks like crap... looks like he slipped on something and accidentally hit him in the head with the knee...

As far as what else Bryan could have done... Do like Cena...but out a new move. Yes Cena busts out a new move with a lot of his super Major matches.

I also would point out that they are missing a huge opportunity with Cena and Bryan with a crossover with the Diva's show...

How does it look like he slipped ? The Beard is flying into him with his Knee going forward... It's was literally a Real Life Tiger Knee.

As far as John Cena always busts out new moves in Big Matches... that's not really true... I mean Cena basically used his regular skill set with a lot of AA's in John Cena vs The Rock 2 at WM29... the match was very entertaining still though.

#5715 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@durakken said:

@king_saturn said:

How does it look like he slipped ? The Beard is flying into him with his Knee going forward... It's was literally a Real Life Tiger Knee.

As far as John Cena always busts out new moves in Big Matches... that's not really true... I mean Cena basically used his regular skill set with a lot of AA's in John Cena vs The Rock 2 at WM29... the match was very entertaining still though.

whether it's a real life move or not does not mean that it doesn't look like he slipped. I'm not saying he did. I'm saying it looks that way from the gif.

Also... not "always" ... "a lot" ... The point is that Cena generally raises to the occasion and comes up with things when he needs them. The STFU or whatever they are calling it now, he first used that out of nowhere when people were wonder how he would finish a submission only match without a submission.

#5716 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:
There aren't many other moves Bryan can try except the Yes kicks and what a missile drop kick? He can't pick Cena up for his version of Douglas Williams' Chaos Theory

@durakken: I can see why you would say it looks like he slipped since the knee is not graceful like a Tony Ja move. But the sh!t still looks like it'll put you down and for the record he will probably dress it up more when he does it later on.

#5717 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

@king_saturn said:

@durakken said:

@king_saturn said:

whether it's a real life move or not does not mean that it doesn't look like he slipped. I'm not saying he did. I'm saying it looks that way from the gif.

Also... not "always" ... "a lot" ... The point is that Cena generally raises to the occasion and comes up with things when he needs them. The STFU or whatever they are calling it now, he first used that out of nowhere when people were wonder how he would finish a submission only match without a submission.

For Reference, the Tiger Knee is a Special Move for Sagat from Street Fighter... I was saying it was like a Real Life Tiger Knee attack. I am still not seeing how it looked like he slipped, but I have seen the whole match a few times now so I have full perspective of the event.

And yet, on the biggest wrestling stage ( Wrestlemania ) Cena used his same skill set against one of the greatest WWE Superstars of all time ( Rock ) . Cena is a great entertainer... but he don't always pull out new stuff... now he has done it a few times against CM Punk... but not really a lot.

#5718 Edited by Darling_Luna (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand why wrestlers hate some fans talking about the sport like they know the ins and outs of it.

Even little old me, fuchsia : O

#5719 Posted by Darling_Luna (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and on the Jbl subject, he's a thousand times better on the mic then ADR, adr it's all you know my name and my destiny.

^-^

#5720 Posted by Durakken (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've heard from JBL out of character... he's awesome.

#5721 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I. I'm tired of the Knee move from Summerslam it happened get over it.

II. If I'm not mistaken, I totally agree with Nelo, if he posted about similar moves.

I remember before Batista, Powerbombs were very common. Once Batista was popular The Batista BOMB was the only times I would see a powerbomb. So I agree with Nelo when he says that it's better for the wrestler to have a different special.

However, I think you can still pull it off if you have a similar finisher. Kane, Taker, and Big Show all had a chokeslam as one of their finishers. The thing is they all kind of did them differently.

Kane would slam and grab his opponents neck and stare at him then chockeslam.

Big Show would do a theatrical taunt and then chokeslam. I remember when Rock mocked Big Shows taunt, ahhhh Good times.

Taker was more of a simple chokeslam. He would cut his neck as a taunt but he would mostly use that to indicate he was going for a Tombstone.

Until he developed The Last Ride, a chokeslam was his second finisher.

I remember Y2J and Carlito both shared a similar finisher.

I agree the more different or unique the move is the more popular you become but that doesn't mean you can't pull motha off.

#5722 Edited by Gambit474 (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Cena getting pinned off a flying knee is freaking dumb. Otherwise, seems like a decent PPV.

Though Lesnar/Punktard should have ended in two seconds. Why would you put a bear against a toddler and make it competitive?

I have to agree with Cena getting pinned that way..it was pretty dumb. Cena's been able to kick out of the pedigree,sweet chin music,the RKO,and many other shot to the head type moves yet that takes him down..It's like when Kane got pinned at Survivor Series from a elbow drop from Big Daddy V years ago or when he lost to a flying clothesline from his clone at another PPV. As for Punk vs Lesnar..Lol Taker is no where near Lesnar's physicality? Did you even watch some of their old matches of Lesnar vs Biker Taker? Taker kicked his ass from one side of the ring to the next. You're also wrong about him being one of their best competitors..Bret Hart,Chris Benoit (Yes I mentioned him),Kurt Angle,and many others can/could outwrestle Brock Lesnar any day of the week. Lesnar's not that intimidating..His character was far better years ago when his character was able to shrug off things like being hit in the head with a steel chair like 2-3 times from the Hardy Boyz for ex..Whereas now he gets beaten down by a camera from Punk. Punk's size should have nothing to do with this..Look at Shawn Michaels's. HBK fought plenty of guys that were bigger then him or stronger then him but was still able to survive or even win sometimes

Size isn't everything in WWE

Why is it dumb ? Flying Kick to the Head can be just as Potent as a Pedigree or Sweet Chin Music ( which is just a variation of a Flying Kick to the Head ) or the RKO... in some instances it would be easier to handle being Pedigree or RKO because your head / body just hits the Mat... where as if someone flies at you with their Boot or Knee to the Head, the impact would be more potent because the strike of the Knee or Kick can do more damage.

Because this is wrestling..A knee to the face isn't a very appealing finisher because finishing moves in WWE,TNA,or whatever else usually consist of some flashy or unique finishing move. If Bryan's knee to the head was so potent that he'd be pinning guys all the time just by kicking them in the head when he does his Yes kicks. It was a poor way to end the match,probably because everyone knows Bryan obviously couldn't get Cena's character to tapout to the yes lock. Unless your name is CM Punk..A knee to the head out of nowhere is not a good way to end the match unless it's a finishing move. We could argue this all day..However fact remains this isn't MMA or some junk like that..This is wrestling and part of wrestling is the entertainment value of how an opponent is finished

Yes umbra I know it's Husky..I've just found it to be a pointless gimmick that makes absolutely no sense other then to pester Kane or beat up on people.

Really ? So when JBL used to beat people with a Running Clothesline that was acceptable ? Or when Hulk Hogan beat people with a freaking Leg Drop that was acceptable ? Or when HBK beats people with a Kick to the Face that's acceptable... but a Knee to the Head is not a good Wrestling move for a Finish ?

On your point about the Yes Kicks, you are off... because Bryan loaded up that Flying Knee he threw at Cena he was not just kicking him in the Head... in any case, you can reference any of those previous finishers I used as reference to why Bryan's Running Knee could be just as potent for a Finisher.

Why was it a Poor way to end the Match ? So are all of Hulk Hogan's matches poorly ended when he does a Leg Drop on an already down opponent ? Are all of JBL's matches poorly ended when he beats someone with a Running Clothesline ?

What ? So only CM Punk can use Knees as Finishers ? Come on man you can do better than this.

A knee to the head is not a good way to end a match but a Leg Drop is okay ? I mean Hulk Hogan one of the most popular wrestlers ever used a Leg Drop to finish his opponents. Yet you think a Running Knee isn't sufficient ?

MMA is not some junk... as a matter of fact Pro Wrestling incorporate some MMA moves into it's matches... so it's kind of a strange thing to even suggest that... perhaps you was not entertained... I would wonder how you could consider a Leg Drop, Clothesline, Kick to the Face acceptable as Finishers but not a Kick to the Head from The Beard.

Oh get off it already King..It's because it's their FINISHING MOVES. Bryan's knee to the head is just a random move in his arsenal..Not an intended finisher. If he did it more often and got pins with it then yes your poor argument would have a point..However this was out of the blue and on someone like Cena. You're making a big deal out of people thinking it was a lame ending..Who cares? Bryan's not even champ anyways..Orton is. It sounds like you're being a Bryan fanboy over this. Being a finisher has always been something that got the hype of the crowds or some form of flash behind it right before they finished their opponent..Not some random knee to Cena's head. No shit sherlock some of these moves aren't going to look like they hurt..The Rock's People's Elbow is an example. TPE doesn't even look like it hurts however it has the Rock hype the crowd up and is a flashy move..Like a finisher is suppose to be.

No I'm not off about the kicks because he kicks guys right in their head all the time. Del Rio's win against Ziggler was similar with a kick to the head..However Del Rio did it multiple times. Bryan? Just one knee to the face..Bryan's win was a dumb way to end the match,but as I said already it's probably the only thing they could've had him done since Cena's character never taps out and the yes lock would've not worked. If Daniel and his omgz knee to the head knocked people out so much then he'd have count out victories right and left from all the times he's done one running off the apron onto guys. In other news I found it quite entertaining with Shield beating down Bryan and that RKO from Orton last RAW :)

#5723 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

AND LOOK AT THE CROWD REACTION! THEY'RE COMPLETELY... dead.

Because it's just another movie with zero build-up.

And my point's proven.

Sometimes it's hard being right all the time.

#5724 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: When I first saw that I thought they had blotched the knee and had to end the match because Cena was hurt.

#5725 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: It doesn't look too bad, Daniel Bryan is no KENTA, but there's been worse knees. The problem is that there was no build-up so people were genuinely confused lol

#5726 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Be very interesting to see which 2 people you mean.

#5727 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Yeah, that why I thought it was botched at first.

I mean.. Cena losing to a flying knee? I'm not hating on the move or anything (it actually looks pretty cool), but considering Daniels theme of 'I'm a wrestler you're an entertainer' I figured the finish would be a bunch of near falls and reversals before Daniel got the final pin.

#5728 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: Yes, well that would make sense and be a result of logical booking and pre-match talk with the agents. WWE aren't terribly fond of that. =P

I'm sure it was meant to be a Busaiku Knee Kick (which is one of my absolute favourite finishers), but Bryan lacks KENTA's grace with the move. By not establishing this move as devastating beforehand, WWE retroactively devalued all of the finishers that Cena had kicked out of, because to the average WWE fan, it's just a knee in the face. Like Punk does every time he puts someone in the corner.. But *shrugs* not every match can be Nigel McGuinness vs Kurt Angle.

That's how the move should look.

#5729 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Not gonna lie, the Busakiu would have been a hell of a lot cooler ;-)

Oh well. It was still a good match. Cena lost clean, which kinda surprised me. A shame about his injury, I'm going to miss him for the next few months.

#5730 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: It's yet another in the list of moves other wrestlers should not try because KENTA just does it better. *Cough* Go 2 Sleep *Cough*

It was surprisingly well done for current WWE, imo. Carried over well to Raw. Stephanie is still one of the best talkers when it comes to drawing heat. Triple H (who I'm a huge fan of) acknowledging that he and Orton didn't like each other was a great continuity nod, even if the rest of that segment was hugely repetitive after awhile.

I think I'm going to take some time off from WWE though. Nothing interests me there. Cesaro is going nowhere quickly. I like Orton, but don't care for Bryan in the main event scene against anyone other than Punk, Cena's going missing and his are pretty much the only promos I enjoy. Del Rio as champion is beyond dull and has run its course a million times over. RVD has never appealed to me. Light kick, light kick, split-legged moonsault, single leg kick from the top rope, rolling thunder, five star frog splash. Rinse and repeat for every match ever. The midcard title scene is just awful and Ziggler is doing nothing. Hopefully in a few months they'll pick up (they usually do, this time of year is normally dead air.)

#5731 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Cena getting pinned off a flying knee is freaking dumb. Otherwise, seems like a decent PPV.

Though Lesnar/Punktard should have ended in two seconds. Why would you put a bear against a toddler and make it competitive?

I have to agree with Cena getting pinned that way..it was pretty dumb. Cena's been able to kick out of the pedigree,sweet chin music,the RKO,and many other shot to the head type moves yet that takes him down..It's like when Kane got pinned at Survivor Series from a elbow drop from Big Daddy V years ago or when he lost to a flying clothesline from his clone at another PPV. As for Punk vs Lesnar..Lol Taker is no where near Lesnar's physicality? Did you even watch some of their old matches of Lesnar vs Biker Taker? Taker kicked his ass from one side of the ring to the next. You're also wrong about him being one of their best competitors..Bret Hart,Chris Benoit (Yes I mentioned him),Kurt Angle,and many others can/could outwrestle Brock Lesnar any day of the week. Lesnar's not that intimidating..His character was far better years ago when his character was able to shrug off things like being hit in the head with a steel chair like 2-3 times from the Hardy Boyz for ex..Whereas now he gets beaten down by a camera from Punk. Punk's size should have nothing to do with this..Look at Shawn Michaels's. HBK fought plenty of guys that were bigger then him or stronger then him but was still able to survive or even win sometimes

Why is it dumb ? Flying Kick to the Head can be just as Potent as a Pedigree or Sweet Chin Music ( which is just a variation of a Flying Kick to the Head ) or the RKO... in some instances it would be easier to handle being Pedigree or RKO because your head / body just hits the Mat... where as if someone flies at you with their Boot or Knee to the Head, the impact would be more potent because the strike of the Knee or Kick can do more damage.

Because this is wrestling..A knee to the face isn't a very appealing finisher because finishing moves in WWE,TNA,or whatever else usually consist of some flashy or unique finishing move. If Bryan's knee to the head was so potent that he'd be pinning guys all the time just by kicking them in the head when he does his Yes kicks. It was a poor way to end the match,probably because everyone knows Bryan obviously couldn't get Cena's character to tapout to the yes lock. Unless your name is CM Punk..A knee to the head out of nowhere is not a good way to end the match unless it's a finishing move. We could argue this all day..However fact remains this isn't MMA or some junk like that..This is wrestling and part of wrestling is the entertainment value of how an opponent is finished

Yes umbra I know it's Husky..I've just found it to be a pointless gimmick that makes absolutely no sense other then to pester Kane or beat up on people.

Really ? So when JBL used to beat people with a Running Clothesline that was acceptable ? Or when Hulk Hogan beat people with a freaking Leg Drop that was acceptable ? Or when HBK beats people with a Kick to the Face that's acceptable... but a Knee to the Head is not a good Wrestling move for a Finish ?

On your point about the Yes Kicks, you are off... because Bryan loaded up that Flying Knee he threw at Cena he was not just kicking him in the Head... in any case, you can reference any of those previous finishers I used as reference to why Bryan's Running Knee could be just as potent for a Finisher.

Why was it a Poor way to end the Match ? So are all of Hulk Hogan's matches poorly ended when he does a Leg Drop on an already down opponent ? Are all of JBL's matches poorly ended when he beats someone with a Running Clothesline ?

What ? So only CM Punk can use Knees as Finishers ? Come on man you can do better than this.

A knee to the head is not a good way to end a match but a Leg Drop is okay ? I mean Hulk Hogan one of the most popular wrestlers ever used a Leg Drop to finish his opponents. Yet you think a Running Knee isn't sufficient ?

MMA is not some junk... as a matter of fact Pro Wrestling incorporate some MMA moves into it's matches... so it's kind of a strange thing to even suggest that... perhaps you was not entertained... I would wonder how you could consider a Leg Drop, Clothesline, Kick to the Face acceptable as Finishers but not a Kick to the Head from The Beard.

Oh get off it already King..It's because it's their FINISHING MOVES. Bryan's knee to the head is just a random move in his arsenal..Not an intended finisher. If he did it more often and got pins with it then yes your poor argument would have a point..However this was out of the blue and on someone like Cena. You're making a big deal out of people thinking it was a lame ending..Who cares? Bryan's not even champ anyways..Orton is. It sounds like you're being a Bryan fanboy over this. Being a finisher has always been something that got the hype of the crowds or some form of flash behind it right before they finished their opponent..Not some random knee to Cena's head. No shit sherlock some of these moves aren't going to look like they hurt..The Rock's People's Elbow is an example. TPE doesn't even look like it hurts however it has the Rock hype the crowd up and is a flashy move..Like a finisher is suppose to be.

No I'm not off about the kicks because he kicks guys right in their head all the time. Del Rio's win against Ziggler was similar with a kick to the head..However Del Rio did it multiple times. Bryan? Just one knee to the face..Bryan's win was a dumb way to end the match,but as I said already it's probably the only thing they could've had him done since Cena's character never taps out and the yes lock would've not worked. If Daniel and his omgz knee to the head knocked people out so much then he'd have count out victories right and left from all the times he's done one running off the apron onto guys. In other news I found it quite entertaining with Shield beating down Bryan and that RKO from Orton last RAW :)

Well I was off it until you dragged me back into it by Default...

If you actually watched the match as a whole... you would see that Bryan tried to build up the Flying Knee with the whole Yes Yes Yes chant he does... the crowd went dead on him because they didn't know what he was going to do... but the move itself was fine as a Finisher. It's obvious either you only saw Summerslam once and don't remember the event very well or you didn't DVR the event because there was theatrics before the Flying Knee. The GIF does not tell the entire story.

As far as being a Daniel Bryan fanboy... the only issue that has been on the table was whether or not the Finish to the match between him and Cena was good. I thought it was... still think it is. I have seen the match a few times now and still not convinced by your argument at all... I am starting to wonder if you actually saw the event at all.

Yes Randy Orton is Champ... but that is way besides the point so why bring it up ?

Again, Bryan tried to hype the crowd up... they was more surprised by what he did than anything... it was still good though.

That wasn't just a regular knee to the Face though it was a Flying Knee with Theatrics... maybe you will get lucky and see the entire match again to see for yourself... because you are missing the fullness of the moment. The GIF only shows the Flying Knee... not the theatrics before it. Bryan does not knock out people with knees and kicks all the time because he don't always use that type of Flying Knee in a match... seems simple enough to understand.

#5732 Edited by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And my point's proven.

But you are not right... at all.

Bryan tried to build up the Crowd with his whole Yes Yes Yes chant that he does in the Corner before he performed the move... then he executed it.

He tried for the Build Up... but the Crowd was a bit wonky.

#5733 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And my point's proven.

Bryan tried to build up the Crowd with his whole Yes Yes Yes chant that he does in the Corner before he performed the move... then he executed it.

Because they had no idea what he was doing lol

If Triple H stood in the People's Elbow position and tried to build the crowd, they'd be confused as well. There's nothing inherently wrong with the knee kick as a finish, as I said, I love when KENTA does it, but Bryan hadn't laid the foundation, and that's where the problem is.

#5734 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And my point's proven.

Because they had no idea what he was doing lol

If Triple H stood in the People's Elbow position and tried to build the crowd, they'd be confused as well. There's nothing inherently wrong with the knee kick as a finish, as I said, I love when KENTA does it, but Bryan hadn't laid the foundation, and that's where the problem is.

But the build up was there before the move whether or not they knew what Beard was going to do or not... it's not really like Triple H in the People's Elbow position because that's Triple H essentially in the position of one of the most well known moves in the history of the WWE. With Bryan, you did not know what he was going to do... but he built it up enough that he had the crowd behind him when he ran and shot for the Flying Knee... the reaction you see is the wonky nature of the crowd after not seeing the move before ( shock, awe, confusion ).

#5735 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that what you bros are debating about (I didn't watch Summerslam)? It looks sick...I can understand both sides though. I think the problem was the build up. It looks like it happened so fast and sudden. But it reminds me of the 'Sweet Chin Music' so much. A simple move that looks very intense.

D-Bry should add a taunt (Or theatrics) to the beginning to indicate it being a finisher to the crowd. Like Michael's SCM, It looks like it could knock someone out; As well as it being a finisher that could be pulled out of nowhere. I've seen matches where Shawn suddenly pulled out the SCM and ended the match. The knee move just needs to get over with the crowd, and then it'll be looked at as a powerful and painful finisher.

P.S. That knee from Kenta is pure beauty. I doubt D-Bry could do it as well. I think D-Bry's knee would be pure rawness at most. He should probably develop a primary finisher, and use the knee as a secondary finisher; like a Signature that could finish the match.

d^_^b

#5736 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Is that what you bros are debating about (I didn't watch Summerslam)? It looks sick...I can understand both sides though. I think the problem was the build up. It looks like it happened so fast and sudden. But it reminds me of the 'Sweet Chin Music' so much. A simple move that looks very intense.

D-Bry should add a taunt (Or theatrics) to the beginning to indicate it being a finisher to the crowd. Like Michael's SCM, It looks like it could knock someone out; As well as it being a finisher that could be pulled out of nowhere. I've seen matches where Shawn suddenly pulled out the SCM and ended the match. The knee move just needs to get over with the crowd, and then it'll be looked at as a powerful and painful finisher.

P.S. That knee from Kenta is pure beauty. I doubt D-Bry could do it as well. I think D-Bry's knee would be pure rawness at most. He should probably develop a primary finisher, and use the knee as a secondary finisher; like a Signature that could finish the match.

d^_^b

I actually think The Beard should take a page from The Pope's book and use the running knee into the corner or double knee in the corner. Make it more theatrical, I personally think it fits his character, since he's been talking about Japanese wrestling. It also suits his high energy style.

And for everyone else saying "How could Cena get knocked out by a knee?" You try getting hit in the skull with a knee and see how long it takes you to get back up.

#5737 Edited by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

That is what I was thinking. It fits his energy and style. It's not too flashy, and takes athleticism; And it looks like an high energy move that'll hurt badly. Similar to that charging corner kick.

(P.S. that scene is from one of my favorite matches)

d^_^b

#5738 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, at least speaking for me, the major issue isn't the use of the knee as a finisher, but just the fact it hadn't been built up (before the match), and thus felt anti-climactic.

As I've said, the Busaiku Knee is one of my favourite finishers. This was probably meant as a shout-out to KENTA and the ROH crowd, as KENTA adopted the Lebell Lock, after their ROH matches together, and so Bryan was "returning the favour".

But again, that goes over most of the average fans' heads.

#5739 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the push Antonio Cesaro had... dude was a beast, but now he is with Yosemite Sam and Jack Slacker... smh

#5740 Edited by Darling_Luna (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to sleepy hollow anyone ?

(not the best quality)

#5741 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, at least speaking for me, the major issue isn't the use of the knee as a finisher, but just the fact it hadn't been built up (before the match), and thus felt anti-climactic.

As I've said, the Busaiku Knee is one of my favourite finishers. This was probably meant as a shout-out to KENTA and the ROH crowd, as KENTA adopted the Lebell Lock, after their ROH matches together, and so Bryan was "returning the favour".

But again, that goes over most of the average fans' heads.

I can see that. So if he put more flare on it. Do you think it would work well?

#5742 Posted by Gambit474 (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

If you actually watched the match as a whole... you would see that Bryan tried to build up the Flying Knee with the whole Yes Yes Yes chant he does... the crowd went dead on him because they didn't know what he was going to do... but the move itself was fine as a Finisher. It's obvious either you only saw Summerslam once and don't remember the event very well or you didn't DVR the event because there was theatrics before the Flying Knee. The GIF does not tell the entire story.

As far as being a Daniel Bryan fanboy... the only issue that has been on the table was whether or not the Finish to the match between him and Cena was good. I thought it was... still think it is. I have seen the match a few times now and still not convinced by your argument at all... I am starting to wonder if you actually saw the event at all.

Yes Randy Orton is Champ... but that is way besides the point so why bring it up ?

Again, Bryan tried to hype the crowd up... they was more surprised by what he did than anything... it was still good though.

That wasn't just a regular knee to the Face though it was a Flying Knee with Theatrics... maybe you will get lucky and see the entire match again to see for yourself... because you are missing the fullness of the moment. The GIF only shows the Flying Knee... not the theatrics before it. Bryan does not knock out people with knees and kicks all the time because he don't always use that type of Flying Knee in a match... seems simple enough to understand.

And that's the problem..You're making a deal out of myself and others saying the finish was dumb. Just because YOU think it's good doesn't mean that everyone else is suppose to think the same. Oh hey everyone since King here thinks it was a good finish to the match we should all think that way too! How dare we have an opposing opinion or any free will of our own! Bryan does his yes bit on many things he does therefore no it was not theatrics on his part with that knee. I've watched the match therefore idk where you're getting that I don't know what happened all because I won't agree with you...Sounds like you're just making up stuff and making assumptions all because I won't let your opinion stand.

Bryan's used that type of knee attack multiple times or are you just blind and selectively miss watching him run off that apron and plow into someone's face with his knee? The only reason they made such a poor finish like that is because Bryan has no moves in his arsenal that could put Cena away..They had to come up with something like that because he has nothing else he could've done. If I didn't say it before I'll say it again..Had Bryan been doing this move more then once instead of doing it at a PPV then sure..It would've been a "good" finish,however it was a random move out of the blue therefore no it does not count as one. To those trying to defend the knee..Yeah by your logic boys and girls guys like CM punk shouldn't even bother with the GTS if he can simply knock someone out with his shining wizard in the corner since why not? It's a knee to the face. John Morrison when he was around should've gotten plenty of wins since he did,guess what,a knee to people's faces too. I could list plenty but the point is it's ok when guys like Punk do it because the GTS was his finisher that he's done multiple times..Bryan's knee is anti-climatic,as fade said,and didn't do much except pin Cena. But hey we've discovered the secret to beating Cena..Just knee him in the face from now on! *sarcasm*

#5743 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:
@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And that's the problem..You're making a deal out of myself and others saying the finish was dumb. Just because YOU think it's good doesn't mean that everyone else is suppose to think the same. Oh hey everyone since King here thinks it was a good finish to the match we should all think that way too! How dare we have an opposing opinion or any free will of our own! Bryan does his yes bit on many things he does therefore no it was not theatrics on his part with that knee. I've watched the match therefore idk where you're getting that I don't know what happened all because I won't agree with you...Sounds like you're just making up stuff and making assumptions all because I won't let your opinion stand.

Bryan's used that type of knee attack multiple times or are you just blind and selectively miss watching him run off that apron and plow into someone's face with his knee? The only reason they made such a poor finish like that is because Bryan has no moves in his arsenal that could put Cena away..They had to come up with something like that because he has nothing else he could've done. If I didn't say it before I'll say it again..Had Bryan been doing this move more then once instead of doing it at a PPV then sure..It would've been a "good" finish,however it was a random move out of the blue therefore no it does not count as one. To those trying to defend the knee..Yeah by your logic boys and girls guys like CM punk shouldn't even bother with the GTS if he can simply knock someone out with his shining wizard in the corner since why not? It's a knee to the face. John Morrison when he was around should've gotten plenty of wins since he did,guess what,a knee to people's faces too. I could list plenty but the point is it's ok when guys like Punk do it because the GTS was his finisher that he's done multiple times..Bryan's knee is anti-climatic,as fade said,and didn't do much except pin Cena. But hey we've discovered the secret to beating Cena..Just knee him in the face from now on! *sarcasm*

Uh No Actually, I am responding to replies being made to me... that's why we are still having this discussion. I mean it does not make any sense that I should leave you hanging without a reply when you obviously have some rather strong replies yourself about this discussion. So here we are. As far as me trying to convince everyone who doesn't agree with me... Well, not totally the case... just trying to get the facts straight. At first you was saying that the move itself was dumb then you said it was not entertaining because it has no theatrics. I have not made up anything... just been talking about the event itself. I don't think you understand theatrics... right before Bryan did his Flying Knee he did his Yes Yes Yes chant to pump up the crowd in the corner. That itself was the Theatrics... that's been Bryan's calling card in the WWE for a quite a while now and you have to know this. I mean what would you have him do for theatrics ? Moon the Crowd ? Do jumping jacks ? Do the Moonwalk before he performs the move ? If you really recall the match... Bryan set up the Knee in a very similar fashion to how HBK sets up Sweet Chin Music.

You contradict yourself in this Paragraph, because at first you say Bryan does this Knee attack all the time... then later on you say Had Bryan been doing this Knee attack before the PPV. Well which one is it ? Does he do it all the time or did he just reveal it to us at Summerslam ? In any case, even though it was a New Move for Bryan that should not mean it's a Bad One... I would think technique should be more of a concern other than it just being New but whatever. Oh, stop going off topic... the whole point of our discussion was whether or not Bryan's flying knee was a good finish to match... nothing about it should be CM Punk's calling card or any other wrestler's calling card. I thought it worked for The Beard there. The rest of what you say is just hot air so whatever.

#5744 Edited by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

The Magic or Lack There of starts around 4:45 or so...

#5745 Edited by Gambit474 (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:
@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@king_saturn said:

@gambit474 said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Uh No Actually, I am responding to replies being made to me... that's why we are still having this discussion. I mean it does not make any sense that I should leave you hanging without a reply when you obviously have some rather strong replies yourself about this discussion. So here we are. As far as me trying to convince everyone who doesn't agree with me... Well, not totally the case... just trying to get the facts straight. At first you was saying that the move itself was dumb then you said it was not entertaining because it has no theatrics. I have not made up anything... just been talking about the event itself. I don't think you understand theatrics... right before Bryan did his Flying Knee he did his Yes Yes Yes chant to pump up the crowd in the corner. That itself was the Theatrics... that's been Bryan's calling card in the WWE for a quite a while now and you have to know this. I mean what would you have him do for theatrics ? Moon the Crowd ? Do jumping jacks ? Do the Moonwalk before he performs the move ? If you really recall the match... Bryan set up the Knee in a very similar fashion to how HBK sets up Sweet Chin Music.

You contradict yourself in this Paragraph, because at first you say Bryan does this Knee attack all the time... then later on you say Had Bryan been doing this Knee attack before the PPV. Well which one is it ? Does he do it all the time or did he just reveal it to us at Summerslam ? In any case, even though it was a New Move for Bryan that should not mean it's a Bad One... I would think technique should be more of a concern other than it just being New but whatever. Oh, stop going off topic... the whole point of our discussion was whether or not Bryan's flying knee was a good finish to match... nothing about it should be CM Punk's calling card or any other wrestler's calling card. I thought it worked for The Beard there. The rest of what you say is just hot air so whatever.

What are you not comprehending? Bryan doing his yes yes yes means nothing because the kick was not his usual thing he does to finish someone off. It's like you purposely ignore that Bryan only did it because he had no other way of putting Cena down. Why does it matter if some of us think it's bad? There's absolutely nothing wrong with us not liking it yet you wanted to complain about it or argue with us about saying it was dumb. Oh quit with the offtopic bullshit..I'm implying that Bryan's knee should hold no more significance then any other knee shot to the head that other wrestlers have done. Quit trying to justify Bryan's finish with other wrestlers..We're allowed to think his move was dumb and quite frankly you really have no justifiable reason to be trying to debate it because it's a matter of opinion.

The bottom line is you have no facts..It's just you having started complaining all because I and a few others said it was a dumb finish. Get over it

#5746 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing the whole thing and how he started up with the Knee it reminds me of the Shinning Wizard so I hope he keeps using it.

#5747 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

WWE is going to be back to trash once Summerslam ends.

Well if Daniel Bryan wins... maybe there will be something new to look forward to.

He did win..Until he got bit by the viper

My point exactly

#5748 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you not comprehending? Bryan doing his yes yes yes means nothing because the kick was not his usual thing he does to finish someone off. It's like you purposely ignore that Bryan only did it because he had no other way of putting Cena down. Why does it matter if some of us think it's bad? There's absolutely nothing wrong with us not liking it yet you wanted to complain about it or argue with us about saying it was dumb. Oh quit with the offtopic bullshit..I'm implying that Bryan's knee should hold no more significance then any other knee shot to the head that other wrestlers have done. Quit trying to justify Bryan's finish with other wrestlers..We're allowed to think his move was dumb and quite frankly you really have no justifiable reason to be trying to debate it because it's a matter of opinion.

The bottom line is you have no facts..It's just you having started complaining all because I and a few others said it was a dumb finish. Get over it

But Daniel Bryan doing the Yes Yes Yes chant is his Theatrics... that's what he uses to pump up the crowd and it works. I posted the clip above from Sumerrslam just to show that his Yes Yes Yes chant was getting the crowd pumped right before he pulled off the Flying Knee... Bryan possibly could have used another move to put Cena down with... but really that's not what is on the table. Our discussion has always been about Whether or not the Daniel Bryan finisher was Dumb or Good.

I did not say there was something wrong with you not liking it... I was curious as to why you thought it was Dumb or unworthy of being a Finisher for a Match. I mean Bryan set up the move the best way he could with his Yes Yes Yes chants and he pulled it off. I thought it was done well... just probing to see why you didn't think so.

I was using the other wrestler's finishes to show that there are some Finishers that are not as flashy as even that Flying Knee Bryan did at Summerslam. That's it... it was to show that you maybe underestimating the move just a little by saying it's dumb when some wrestlers have been finished with moves that could be considered even more lackluster than what Bryan did. That's all.

Of course you are allowed to think or have opinions or thoughts on a match... but does that mean that we can't probe or inquire of someone on an opinion that they might have... say for instance someone says "CM Punk sucked at Summerslam against Brock Lesnar, he should not even be in the ring with Lesnar" I can't inquire about that statement just because it's their opinion.

#5749 Posted by Gambit474 (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474 said:

But Daniel Bryan doing the Yes Yes Yes chant is his Theatrics... that's what he uses to pump up the crowd and it works. I posted the clip above from Sumerrslam just to show that his Yes Yes Yes chant was getting the crowd pumped right before he pulled off the Flying Knee... Bryan possibly could have used another move to put Cena down with... but really that's not what is on the table. Our discussion has always been about Whether or not the Daniel Bryan finisher was Dumb or Good.

I did not say there was something wrong with you not liking it... I was curious as to why you thought it was Dumb or unworthy of being a Finisher for a Match. I mean Bryan set up the move the best way he could with his Yes Yes Yes chants and he pulled it off. I thought it was done well... just probing to see why you didn't think so.

I was using the other wrestler's finishes to show that there are some Finishers that are not as flashy as even that Flying Knee Bryan did at Summerslam. That's it... it was to show that you maybe underestimating the move just a little by saying it's dumb when some wrestlers have been finished with moves that could be considered even more lackluster than what Bryan did. That's all.

Of course you are allowed to think or have opinions or thoughts on a match... but does that mean that we can't probe or inquire of someone on an opinion that they might have... say for instance someone says "CM Punk sucked at Summerslam against Brock Lesnar, he should not even be in the ring with Lesnar" I can't inquire about that statement just because it's their opinion.

Here's a better way I can put this..If we put this in terms of the WWE video games,Bryan's knee would be like a signature move compared to a finishing. Sure people can probe..However you sound like you're trying to justify your opinion over those who thought it was dumb. Bryan's knee looked more like a buildup move into another move after knocking Cena over instead of a finisher. I also consider it dumb because Cena's kicked out of more devastating moves before but it's as I've said multiple times..There was no other real way to have Bryan's character beat Cena. Bryan's character has no finishing moves like the RKO,Tombstone,F-5,and such..He only has the Yes lock and Cena's character never taps out so obviously WWE had to make up something

#5750 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

After seeing the whole thing and how he started up with the Knee it reminds me of the Shinning Wizard so I hope he keeps using it.

I agree, now that I see it, it is so much like HBK's SCM. I hope Bryan continues using it.

d^_^b