User Lists: 2

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5602  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think Payback was probably the best PPV of the year. I liked virtually all the matches, save for the final, and while I disagreed with Del Rio winning so soon against Ziggler, I understand it was necessary for him going heel and I could get behind a face or tweener Ziggler.

And aside from that, good Raw. Henry killed it in that promo and is it just me or was Stephanie like A LOT taller than the other divas, despite probably wearing high heels?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Curtis Axel, was that made by the same genius behind Dean Ambrose ?

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5604  Edited By SideburnGuru

First RAW I watched in a bit.

Henry did a damn good performance. Kaityln had a pratical nip-slip. Brock vs CM Punk sounds amazing, as long as this isn't the one time Brock wins a feud, because Punk surely needs it.

ADR still annoys me. I might have to watch RAW again. Heard RVD is coming to Money In The Bank. Might just get tickets for that.

On a side note, is Punk a face and Lesnar is the heel? Or is Punk a heel still, and.. ___? I don't know what to take from the feud. Or is it a good tweener vs tweener battle?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5605 god_spawn  Moderator

@sideburnguru: Punk is definitely face now. It's yet to be known if he will be goody goody face, or anti-establishment Punk yet, or just something casual. We don't know, but Lesnar is definitely heel and I doubt Punk will face him as a heel.

And I never liked ADR either. I was really disappointed with how short Ziggler's title reign was, but it seemed crucial in ADR's heel turn. But it is traditional that a babyface chases for the title so I'd like to see where Ziggler stands now. They could do a heel vs heel, but I doubt it. My only problem with face Ziggler is where does that leave AJ and Big E.? Both can be face, but AJ is WAY too over as a heel and is definitely the top heel diva with Kaitlyn being the top face of that division. They had a good match last night and both do get crowd reactions, more so than the other divas aside from the Bellas.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it matter what Punk is ? people drink the kool aid regardless ^-^

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: He shouldn't do Goody Goody face. Anti-Establishment would be damn awesome. My only concern is, where's Paul Heyman going to play into all of this? I'm thinking he's gonna be on Lesnar's side.

Again, agreed. At least he had a longer reign than Christian. However, I feel Big E isn't ready to go solo. AJ, I can see it. Big E? Not at all. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with what I saw.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5608 god_spawn  Moderator

@sideburnguru: He'll most likely be against Punk. We can kind of see signs due to Punk starting to distance himself from Heyman. Rumor has it Punk is supposed to face Lesnar at Summer Slam with Heyman turning on Punk so he could be face. And Heyman is just too good as a heel to be a face manager and he can't be with Axel and Lesnar as a face.

Yeah, that 48 hour title reign pissed me off since Christian deserved it. Big E. isn't ready yet. AJ can definitely be solo. She pretty much outshined the WWE championship itself last year in her interactions with Punk, Bryan etc. She basically diverted attention from what the feud was centered around. I hope she gets a decent title reign herself. Kaitlyn will undoubtedly win it back from her, though. She has to.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5609  Edited By InnerSuperman

surprise!

its all fake

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5610  Edited By SideburnGuru

surprise!

its all fake

Ladies and Gentlemen, ignorance at it's finest. Superman isn't real. Does that stop you from liking it? No.

Man Of Steel isn't real. Does it stop you from liking it? No.

And here I thought in this day and age, you didn't get as ignorant of people. Pro-Wrestling takes more skill than you'd ever imagine.

@god_spawn
Well, when Heyman hugged Punk, there were no words from Punk or any real reaction shown. So I can definitely see the seperation. I can honestly see Heyman coming out with Lesnar, when Punk is giving a promo on the situation. Then Punk saying how he never needed Heyman, and all that stuff.

Christian deserves another chance. Hell, he'd be more entertaining than ADR. And even if Kaitlyn wins it back, that's fine by me. I think they're both pretty damn good.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru:

i know but superman doesn't pretend to be real and pretend to be a sport.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5612 god_spawn  Moderator

@sideburnguru:

Well, when Heyman hugged Punk, there were no words from Punk or any real reaction shown. So I can definitely see the seperation. I can honestly see Heyman coming out with Lesnar, when Punk is giving a promo on the situation. Then Punk saying how he never needed Heyman, and all that stuff.

He never really did lol. Heyman just kind of sped things up and both were fantastic together for the time they spent, but Heyman's on screen time can be spent elsewhere. He's a fantastic mouthpiece for guys who need to get over in a certain fashion like Lesnar, who can't talk on the mic at all.

Christian is all around better than ADR IMO. The only reason they keep ADR as a top contender is due to the fact Sin Cara flopped and Mysterio is constantly getting injured.

Based on regular wrestling psychology Kaitlyn should win it back. Like I said earlier, the face usually needs to chase the title. Kaitlyn had a 6 month title reign and not a lot happened. Despite that, she still improved in the ring, she is one of the top divas, and she elicits crowd reactions. AJ has improved likewise and WWE built this feud over the period of a year. I doubt they will just leave Kaitlyn hanging and since AJ is the top heel, she should beat her for the title. It may not be soon, but the rivalry will most likely end with Ms. Bonin getting the strap back.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman said:

@sideburnguru:

Pro-Wrestling takes more skill than American Football. The moves executed in pro-wrestling, aren't "fake". They still hit the ring. They still hit the ground hard. They can still land on their neck, or their leg. They still take time with their promos. They still have to get people over to keep their job. They still have to make sure that ONE LITTLE MOVE doesn't go wrong, because someone's life could be on the line. But you apparently know everything about it, right? You're a chump.

@sideburnguru:

He never really did lol. Heyman just kind of sped things up and both were fantastic together for the time they spent, but Heyman's on screen time can be spent elsewhere. He's a fantastic mouthpiece for guys who need to get over in a certain fashion like Lesnar, who can't talk on the mic at all.

Christian is all around better than ADR IMO. The only reason they keep ADR as a top contender is due to the fact Sin Cara flopped and Mysterio is constantly getting injured.

Based on regular wrestling psychology Kaitlyn should win it back. Like I said earlier, the face usually needs to chase the title. Kaitlyn had a 6 month title reign and not a lot happened. Despite that, she still improved in the ring, she is one of the top divas, and she elicits crowd reactions. AJ has improved likewise and WWE built this feud over the period of a year. I doubt they will just leave Kaitlyn hanging and since AJ is the top heel, she should beat her for the title. It may not be soon, but the rivalry will most likely end with Ms. Bonin getting the strap back.

Well, I mean. I understand he never really needed Heyman. I'm saying, in terms of story. And yeah, Lesnar desperately needs Heyman. I'm getting so tired of the same thing since Lesnar's been back.
-Get into ring- -F5- -Leave-.
Yeah.. that's always nice. I mean, it's entertaining. But it's so damn predictable with him. Once Lesnar got in the ring, I already knew what was going down.

Christian is definitely better than ADR. And yeah, Mysterio is pratically gone. He just needs to retire before he injures himself out. Like Edge. Not insulting Edge, but damn. I still blame Brodus for Edge's injury.

Well, my fear is if they push someone else in place of Kaitlyn. Kaityln is damn good, and she really has worked hard on her skill. It's also in WWE nature to flip off good talent, and push someone non-deserving. One could argue that has changed as of lately.. I mean, we got The Shield, Curtis Axel getting a push, Punk, D-Bry. It does look pretty good.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5614  Edited By InnerSuperman
SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman said:

@sideburnguru: by that logic stunt doubles are wrestlers

Stunt doubles can get second chances.

Most don't always have to put their lives in the hand of another man. There's also alot of editing there. Try to be less ignorant.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5616 god_spawn  Moderator

@sideburnguru: I never liked Lesnar to begin with. He's a hack. He was at the top of the company, couldn't handle it, and left. Now WWE pays him ridiculous sums of money for just a few set dates.

Mysterio should retire, but that guy loves the business too much to do anything yet. I respect the hell out of him for it.

One thing I like about Kaitlyn is she already knows what she wants to do in wrestling. She said straight up she isn't going to be the most technical or agile diva and I respect that, tbh. She's done well with what she's been given and has adjusted accordingly and knows her weaknesses so she focuses on her strengths.

Tis true. Look at Natalya. Only problem with that problem is since HHH is getting more control, the divas have been getting longer matches and have been putting on better matches. Same can be said for regular talent like the guys you mentioned.

@sideburnguru:

So? Movies aren't real and I doubt you complain about them not being real despite people acting like it is real during said movie.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5617  Edited By InnerSuperman

@sideburnguru: @god_spawn:

in theory anybody could do wrestling moves on somebody who is letting them.

thats like if john Wayne said he was a cowboy just because he acted like one

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Honey, I thought you where smart enough not to fall for bait ^-^

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5619  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@innersuperman:

Wrestlers do moves on each other to tell a story. It's a carny sport.

Not really the same thing. By your logic, everyone that has ever shot a gun is a marine because they all have guns.

You know, King Mo said wrestling training was 3x harder than MMA's. Considering his credentials and since he is in both businesses, his opinion>>>>yours.

But hey, I guess making tens of thousands of dollars a night, fame, girls, parties, and traveling the world is laughable to you, I'm guessing you must be quite successful and famous yourself, right?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5620 god_spawn  Moderator
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5622  Edited By SideburnGuru

@god_spawn: I appreciated Lesnar for what he was. A mindless beast. He works well with that. He does it well. Anything else? Nope.

I respect Mysterio for loving the business, but either way. I really feel he should just KNOW it's time to let it go. He has a family. He doesn't need to keep risking it like that. It's a stupid move.

Kaitlyn will have a good future, as long as the company is heading down the road it's currently on. If HHH truly is the reason for all of this? Then damn well played.

@innersuperman:

Sure. You go right ahead and try to perform a piledriver on someone without truly hurting them.

That's why you're sitting on a computer, making half assed remarks. Good game, champ. Mommy would be proud.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: just because its hard doesn't make it a sport or any less fake.

HA! you should talk about rich and famous a moderator on comicvine, do you have a special uniform you wear everyday. maybe cash,girls,fame and party's isn't laughable to me but that sure as hell is.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: and your sitting on a computer defending people who pretend to fight in their underwear in front of thousands of people for a living.

at least my mom told me the crap was fake before i was twenty something years old!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman: *19. Actually. And my mom told me it was fake. Nor does she like it.

Know what my mom said? It takes alot of skill to do, and you have to have a passion for it. But yeah, what am I saying. You defintitely have the right to put down others.

After your successful life of... being behind a computer and trash talking athletic ability which I have no idea if you posses any at all. Good game.

Why it always the Superman Fanboys who come out looking like such asses, when Superman is supposed to be a great guy? Just wondering. Anyone can answer that.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5627  Edited By InnerSuperman

@sideburnguru: what do you mean i never talk trash?

do you have something you want to say it me? just say it for Christs sake

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: its that time of the night where i stop caring about everything

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: what do you mean i never talk trash?

do you have something you want to say it me? just say it for Christs sake

When did I say you never trash talk?

Hell, I could just call you an annoying Superman fanboy who is bashing on something you'll never be able to do, or never get to an occupation on that level, but that'd be too easy.

@theacidskull
He's a damn good actor if this is acting. Pretty sure this is all natural.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru: whatever man no hard feeling im just messing around

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5632 god_spawn  Moderator

@innersuperman: Doesn't matter if it's fake. It's still entertainment to people.

Lol, that came out of nowhere. But what I am is irrelevant right now. You're legitimately laughing at a business that these guys are known world wide, have more money than most make family's make in total. So laugh. King Mo's opinion is still greater than yours and these guys that "dress up in their underwear" are paying the bills, partying their butts off, and swimming in women. I hope you're doing the same cause I doubt you're one to really look down at them.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: well just because you make money doesn't make what you do any better

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5634 god_spawn  Moderator

@innersuperman: When you're also entertaining millions of people across the world, you get to travel for free, among other perks, yeah, it kind of does.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5635 King_Saturn  Online

CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar.... finally

Christian is Back... let's see how long he lasts before he gets hurt again.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5636 SC  Moderator

@superstay said:

Hey bros, I've missed three months (college)........so,....what have I missed?

d?_?b

I am in the minority here but I think last three months have been great. D Bryan has been putting on great matches with lots of different guys but notably individual members of Shield. He always gets a good crowd reaction but lately has been even more crazy. Shield have continued to look strong and are being built as individual wrestlers as much as the group, they had their first thee on three loss but they have championship titles each now too so they are still look strong and unstoppable. Hell No has started to break up, the rumor is that Kane and Undertaker will tag team for the belts at Summerslam. El Generico has been wrestling in NXT and has been great albeit his style is a little bit more toned down, and he has no mask but is still fun. Bray Wyatt is getting tapped to join the main roster too and so more people are learning about him - I like his gimmick because still makes for good watching even when he loses, and WWE needs more of those types of wrestlers.

Ryback got built up but still can't beat Cena. Cena hasn't pinned Ryback for a three count yet though so they will probably play that up. Oh and RVD is coming back to WWE for TLC.

Pease don't ruin WWE.

Loading Video...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5637 King_Saturn  Online

Mark Henry hitting John Cena with The World's Strongest Slam during his Fake Retirement Speech was one of the Best Things that has happened in the WWE in a while.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I watched WrestleMania in order to get my interest back but the matches there were so boring that I stopped watching again.But now after all of the good comments about Payback I really want to see the matches. :P

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc:

Yeah, I saw last Monday nights Raw. D Bryan and the small member of Shield who isn't Dean (Forgot his name and I too lazy to look it up). I'll admit I fell asleep throughout the event, but woke up right in the middle of the match. The match pulled me fully out my sleep, out my bed, and up to the TV.

Also, he's getting more pop than Randy right now. After the match, he got the biggest pop I've seen in WWE for awhile. I think D Bryan is one of those few dudes that have that 'It factor' that John Cena, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, and all those 'greats' of the business had.

Is that Husky Harris?

I've heard of El Generico, if I'm not mistaken...he's very popular in the Indies

d?_?b

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who watched 'Payoff'

d?_?b

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

The sad tragedy of The Iron Sheik

His voice was instantly recognizable, like that of a long lost friend. But it was a joyless voice, and sounded a bit feeble.

Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri, is 73, and is in pain. He badly needs knee surgery that he can't afford, but if the truth is to be told, every joint on his body could use fixing.

A lifetime in wrestling, amateur and professional, will do that to a man.

So Vaziri, better known as the evil pro wrestler, "The Iron Sheik," would on this day rather sit in his chair and let the hours pass by than talk about his life.

He aches all over, he's not making a lot of money and he wants to be left alone.

"Bubba, please, I will talk to you and answer all of your questions," he says, pleadingly. "But let's do it another time. Now is not good."

Now, though, is the time. At least that's the view of Page Magen, who along with his twin brother, Jian, serves as the Sheik's manager. The Magens are attempting to raise funds through crowd sourcing to produce a documentary on the Sheik's life.

It is an incredible life, one well worth documenting. He was born in a small village near Tehran. His childhood home had no running water nor plumbing, but he worked hard and became one of Iran's most popular athletes. He competed in the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City on its Greco-Roman wrestling team, and served for a while as a bodyguard for the family of the Shah.

He fled the country, though, when his friend and idol Gholamreza Takhti was, he believed, murdered by the government. He feared he might be next, so in 1969, he headed for the safety of the U.S.

The official version of Takhti's death, released by the government, is that he committed suicide. But Vaziri and many others believe Takhti was executed for his anti-government views.

"He was so popular in Iran," Vaziri said. "He was like the Michael Jordan. Everyone loved him. And I was No. 2. I thought, if they got him, they're probably going to get me, too. I knew I had to leave."

And so he set out for the U.S. Though he spoke only Farsi when he arrived, he quickly became immersed in amateur wrestling in his new country. He won an AAU championship in 1971 and was presented his gold medal by Muhammad Ali.

Later, he served as an assistant coach under the legendary Alan Rice on the 1972 U.S. Olympic wrestling team before he went on to stardom as a villainous professional wrestler.

But he became addicted to crack cocaine during his wrestling career, then suffered through the 2003 murder of his oldest daughter, Marissa.

Page Magen knows that for Vaziri to raise the money he needs for the documentary, he has to tell the story of his life to drum up interest in the project, so he patiently prods Vaziri.

"Sheikie baby, listen to me," Magen says, gently. "You need to focus. This is important. Can you do this for me, Sheikie? Just focus for a few minutes."

Vaziri agrees, but he speaks slowly, in a monotone and without passion.

Later, his wife, Caryl, says she's not surprised. It was not a good day, for the Iron Sheik, she says.

"He's in such great pain, almost all the time," Caryl Vaziri said.

The Sheik walks with the aid of a cane, but even with the cane, he moves slowly, unsteadily, and with great difficulty.

"He's such a big, strong guy, and he hurts so much, it hurts me to see him," she said. "He had operations on both of his knees about 10 years ago, and they failed. He hurts everywhere, but the knees are really painful. He told me, 'Caryl, I hurt from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes.' It breaks my heart. He can withstand a lot of pain, but this is too much for him."

His left knee is particularly painful, and gruesome looking. A bone protrudes out. The bones, Caryl Vaziri said, are out of alignment and "don't come together." It makes it torture to walk.

He loved his job, and wouldn't trade his years as a pro wrestler for anything. He won the WWF (now WWE) world championship on the night after Christmas in 1983 when he beat Bob Backlund. He then went on to have a lengthy feud with Hulk Hogan. He might have become the greatest heel – pro wrestling parlance for a bad guy – in the sport's long history.

But being a pro wrestler means days and weeks on end on the road, away from family and friends. Addictions are common. And though the results of a pro wrestling match are predetermined, that does not mean it's not physically taxing.

"Being a wrestler is not an easy life," he says. "It's very hard on the body. I loved it, but it is a hard life to live."

Josip Peruzovic is now 66, and lives in Baltimore. He used to work for the city doing code enforcement, but now works for the Police Department with its kids programs.

During his younger days, Peruzovic was known as Nikolai Volkoff, and teamed with the Iron Sheik to win the WWF tag team titles.

Volkoff and the Sheik played off the anti-Soviet, anti-Iranian mindset that was prevalent in the U.S. in the late 1970s and through the 1980s.

The Iron Sheik would routinely grab the microphone from the ring announcer and shout to an enraged crowd, "Iran, No. 1! Russia, No. 1!"

At that point, he'd say "USA!" and then spit on the ground. Volkoff would then take the microphone and sing the Russian national anthem as the crowd booed mercilessly.

Peruzovic recalled his time as Vaziri's tag team partner fondly, and said Vaziri was great to work with. Vaziri, he said, loved the fans, particularly children, and would sign autographs for them for so long, he'd miss his plane.

But it wasn't long after they teamed up that Peruzovic began to worry about his friend.

Vaziri was becoming addicted to alcohol and crack cocaine, and Peruzovic feared for his safety.

"My God, I think at one time, more than 90 percent of the wrestlers were taking one drug or another," Peruzovic said. "I was fortunate that I never got mixed up in that. I don't drink, and I don't smoke and I never was fooling around with drugs. I thank God for that. But I know that the Sheik had a lot of problems with it.

"I'd say to him sometimes, 'Man, you have to be careful, and be good to your body. You're going to kill yourself.' He's a beautiful person with a big heart, but he didn't listen to me. He loved those drugs."

Caryl Vaziri said that when she met her husband in Minnesota in 1971, he didn't drink, smoke or fool with drugs. But once he hit the big-time and was traveling more than 300 days a year, the peer pressure on him was intense.

"It was horrible," she said. "It just got so bad, and it puts such a strain on your family and your relationship and everything. It's bad enough that he was gone on the road so much, but to know what he was doing to himself, it was very painful for the whole family."

On Oct. 7, 2005, a little more than two years after his oldest daughter was murdered, Vaziri was arrested near his Georgia home and charged with two counts of possession of cocaine and one count of possession of marijuana.

Not long after, Caryl Vaziri had had enough and left him.

"I never stopped loving him," she said. "Never, not for one minute. But I just had to get him to stop [using drugs]. [Me leaving] and getting my own place shook him up and straightened him out and he has been clean the last couple of years, three or four years now."

Several years ago when the Magens started working on the documentary, VazirThe Iron Sheik takes a photo with fans. (Courtesy of Hossein Vaziri)i came to Toronto where they live to make an appearance at a baseball card show.

Vaziri took a cocktail of drugs and fell into a drug- and alcohol-induced stupor. The promoter who'd brought him to Toronto dumped Vaziri on the Magens.

Page and Jian picked him up and tried to bring him to the airport for his flight to Georgia.

"But someone had just given him a pile of drugs, and he was crazy, out of control, and was completely wanting more," Jian Magen said. "He didn't want to leave. We were fighting with him, but he wound up missing his flight."

They put him into a hotel and booked him on another flight. Vaziri was getting out of control and someone from the hotel phoned the Magens to come do something about him.

Vaziri wound up having a mild heart attack that night.

"The doctor told us, 'You know, he's pretty fortunate that whatever happened, happened, ' " Jian Magen said. "If he had gotten on that plane, he'd almost for certain have had a full heart attack and who knows what would have happened. So he was here for about four or five more days and, in a way, he was detoxed. And honestly, he's been pretty straight since.

"He'll buzz a beer here or there, but he's been clean for the most part since that time."

Some of Vaziri's later drug use was probably as a result of depression about the May 3, 2003, murder of his 27-year-old daughter, Marissa Jeanne Vaziri.

Charles Warren Reynolds, her boyfriend of several weeks, was arrested and later convicted for strangling her to death.

Caryl Vaziri said she believed her daughter was breaking up with Reynolds, which is why she thinks he killed her.

Hossein Vaziri was crushed by his daughter's death.

"That was just the worst year of our lives," she said. "He'd just had his knee surgeries, and had just gotten out of the hospital, when Marissa was murdered. It was devastating. No parent expects to bury their child. It tore us apart.

"[Vaziri] was distraught because he couldn't do anything to help her. He was this big strong guy that everyone had relied on for so long. And in this situation, there was nothing he could do to save her. It devastated him that he couldn't have been there and tried to save her."

At his peak as a wrestler in the early-to-mid 1980s, Vaziri was earning as much as $500,000 a year. But the travel was incredibly difficult, he had to pay all of his own expenses and there were crazy quirks to his job.

His gimmick as an Iranian bad guy raised passions among the audience who attended the wrestling matches. Vaziri forbade his family from traveling with him for fear someone would hurt them.

At several stops, fans came out of the stands and attempted to stab or assault him. Several times, he was stabbed, though only in the upper arm.

But the family car had its windshield broken, its tires slashed and sugar put into the gas tank.

Vaziri sighs and said he was never all that concerned for his safety, though he said it was another example of the difficulty of life as a wrestler.

"I love wrestling and I would do it all again," he says. "But it is a very, very hard business. There is nothing about it that is easy."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iron-sheik--the-man-behind-the-mask-224707360.html

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't pretend to say its real outside the show because debating if it was real is something people did when we where kids (90's kids). HINT: they call themselves 'wwe superstars', anybody that goes on wrestling threads just to say its fake is very immature

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5645 the_stegman  Moderator

Damn ADR became a heel again quick.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5648 King_Saturn  Online
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: He has a wrestling school in germany now.

"The Wright Stuff" in Nuremberg, Germany. In 2009 he started his own wrestling promotion called New European Championship Wrestling (NEW).

For what i have hear he is brutal with his students.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5650  Edited By warlock360