#1 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the messed up things going on in the country is USA going to sh*t? So much wack things these days ugh

#2 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26189 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, the whole world is crap, not just America.

#3 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Obama, Biden, Pelosi, Reed, Clinton, and many more still in Washington?

Then yes, America is in trouble.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224776 posts) - - Show Bio

America isn't going to Crap... America is fine... everyone wants to b!tch and moan and talk about how things was so much better back in the old days of America... forgetting how hard those days was on minorities...

#5 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

America has been pretty deep in it for years.

#6 Posted by Bogey (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes the United States is heading towards a downward spiral.

#7 Posted by GoldenStar66 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame Bush!

#8 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe:

Yes indeed. Our constitution is getting walked on like crazy and people thinks its "progressive"

#9 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

America isn't going to Crap... America is fine... everyone wants to b!tch and moan and talk about how things was so much better back in the old days of America... forgetting how hard those days was on minorities...

This, and so much more...

Things are exponentially better in the US than in the past. Some things are still on par, and some things are sub-par. The term for people who complain about the US in a CV thread is Weekend Warrior; or Monday morning Quarterback.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18618 posts) - - Show Bio

lol the title makes it sound like the US is going to poo itself

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (25021 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13620 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Pokeysteve (8551 posts) - - Show Bio

We are a country that exists because we killed off the people that were already living here. The word "going" is not applicable here. Founded by crappy people with twisted morals and it's only gotten slightly better.

#16 Posted by Edamame (28391 posts) - - Show Bio

America's current issues and problems seem to include the following: wage stagnation, slow job growth, high credit card and student loan debt, the weakening of the middle class, rather poor infrastructure, political incompetence, increased tax rates, political corruption, increased number of taxes, high crime rates, financial abuse of insurance companies, structural unemployment, major changes in the health care system, inflation (caused by the Fed expanding the money supply and by an overall increase in demand which is brought about by population increases that you especially see on the coasts) and so on.

So it would be great if these issues were attended to.

#17 Edited by SOG7dc (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

let me throw my 2 cents in here. I am a history major after all. Now, to my understanding when people refer to the "history of America's greatness" they are usually referring to the gilded age of American history. now to go further we must understand what gilded means; gilding is the art process by which lead is layered with a gold paint. in other words making something appear to be more valuable or better than it actually is. Some historians use the term "The business of Politics" because of this era. Politics looked good on the surface but in reality it was not nearly as great as it appeared. Back then government practiced laissez-faire which means hands off. Government did some things that were pretty harmful to our country and our economy like passing tariffs which are taxes on imports that forced people to buy domestic products. Other less than scrupulous tactics used back then were the way we used (and still use) subsidies which is government money used to help businesses and the best way to get one was to bribe senator. (see how we have a checkered past?) Government officials used the spoils system which is nepotism. And back them the democrats and republicans where at each others throats just as much as they are today. Back then republicans wanted the “gold standard” and fought for business men (monopolists, baners etc.) and democrats fought for the “silver standard” and they fought for the common man (farmers, the working man). Rep wanted high tariffs and Dem wanted low tariffs. They also engaged in smear tactics back then. You may have heard of “waving the bloody shirt” ? you see republiucans dominated elections after the civil war by reminding people of the blood shed and blaming democrats for it (using fear as a political tool…sound familiar?) and they also used patronage in the civil service by appointing other republicans to those positions. Now some of this did get changed with the election of Rutherford b hayes who did not use the spoil system and removed corrupt republicans who he deemed untrustworthy (like how Chester Arthur was removed from tax collector of NYC) but it got worse again with the election of James Garfield who did use the spoil system. Garfield, however, was assassinated by James Guiteau. Now the reformation of the spoils system came with….. I bet ive lost your attention by now lol sorry about that I get carried away with history but my point remains: we are a nation with flaws but we are getting better. if you want to expedite change write a letter, visit your congressman, start a petition. you have to use the system instead of being a slave to it

#18 Posted by laflux (17550 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe:

Yes indeed. Our constitution is getting walked on like crazy and people thinks its "progressive"

My response to this thread and the OP (the comment below above in particular).

#19 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Land hasn't done anything wrong, people do :D

#20 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

No. America (along with the rest of the world) has never been perfect and it never will.

#21 Posted by russellmania77 (15755 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I love my country and it might not be doing as well as another country but it is damn well doing better than lots n lots of other countries

Online
#22 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

I blaming everyone in america

Am i blaming myself?

Why yes, yes i am

#23 Posted by Silavite (56 posts) - - Show Bio

America may be bad, but at least our polititions arent turning into dictators every 2 years. (Poor Egypt....)

#24 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I kinda lost you there lol, a bit technical haha. But they elected a trans girl ( aka a dude) as prom queen in a school. Makes me wonder wtf is going on here lol

#25 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm... Is America going to crap.... Let me ask you something at the end of the day is anybody here going to do something about it? Hmm?

#26 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

My point is STOP B****ING!

#27 Edited by SOG7dc (7861 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

google it. Trans woman voted prom queen. I kid you not

#29 Posted by consolemaster001 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. China's got them by the balls.

#30 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, yes.

Our politicians are all lying fakes, our corporate leaders know only greed and our sense of right and wrong has been strangled.

#32 Posted by inferiorego (27747 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, you're just getting older and realizing it sucks. It's been sucky for a while.

Staff
#33 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: and thats a good thing. She isnt a dude. And if you think that minorities and opressed people getting rights and being treated fairly is "america going to crap" Then I don't want to know what a good america is to you.

#34 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, you're just getting older and realizing it sucks. It's been sucky for a while.

Yup. Like for the past four decades.

#35 Posted by Vortex13 (12265 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx said:

@martyyy15: and thats a good thing. She isnt a dude. And if you think that minorities and opressed people getting rights and being treated fairly is "america going to crap" Then I don't want to know what a good america is to you.

#36 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks a little less than bush era

#37 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

#38 Posted by Bogey (952 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by SOG7dc (7861 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg I wish I could sit everyone down and lecture about the history of our country. America is on the rise but people are just so so uninformed about our country.

#40 Edited by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

So wait…you accept people who are different, but refuse to let them feel normal? That is a huge contraction to that little backpedal you tried to pull.

Based on that post…you allow differences, so long as they do not merge with your existence. Very open minded…

#41 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

OMG you sound just like this guy I know in college. he LOVES HISTORY. I mean he can go on for hours about it ( and has before lol). You two would get along great XD. Now that would be an epic history debate haha

#42 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:

There isn't anything wrong with not being normal. But if its a mental condition it should be treated. Doesn't mean their not human, just means they got an issue. I would know lol, I got ADHD. I'm diferent but I'm human and a regular guy lol

#43 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6521 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:

There isn't anything wrong with not being normal. But if its a mental condition it should be treated. Doesn't mean their not human, just means they got an issue. I would know lol, I got ADHD. I'm diferent but I'm human and a regular guy lol

It's the body that's wrong, not the mind. Transitioning is the treatment.

#44 Edited by Bogey (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@martyyy15 said:

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

So wait…you accept people who are different, but refuse to let them feel normal? That is a huge contraction to that little backpedal you tried to pull.

Based on that post…you allow differences, so long as they do not merge with your existence. Very open minded…

Would you drastically lower the age of consent so sexual predators can feel normal?

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (15084 posts) - - Show Bio

Every country in the world almost is going to hell.

#46 Posted by nerdork (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:

There isn't anything wrong with not being normal. But if its a mental condition it should be treated. Doesn't mean their not human, just means they got an issue. I would know lol, I got ADHD. I'm diferent but I'm human and a regular guy lol

Once again you contradict yourself. You say your different, but a regular guy. Regular is a synonym of normal. So, you allow yourself to feel normal, though different; but not others?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

#47 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how when you of all people say "wrong" I just know you mean gay.

#48 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26189 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

@nerdork said:

@martyyy15 said:

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

So wait…you accept people who are different, but refuse to let them feel normal? That is a huge contraction to that little backpedal you tried to pull.

Based on that post…you allow differences, so long as they do not merge with your existence. Very open minded…

Would you drastically lower the age of consent so sexual predators can feel normal?

That is not even a fair comparison......at all pedophilia is sick and disgusting. Transsexuals is a whole different thing entirely and it's not bad for society,the only people who has a problem with are ignorant people.

#49 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey:

Those sickos are horrible. Don't even get me started on them, yes they are people too. But absolultye horrible evil DIGUISTING PEOPLE. HOW SOMEONE CAN DO THAT TO A KID IS BEYOND ME....NO Scratch that how the hell someone finds a child sexually attractive is so fcked up its unreal. THose people are god damn sickos and pervs!!!

#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:

There isn't anything wrong with not being normal. But if its a mental condition it should be treated. Doesn't mean their not human, just means they got an issue. I would know lol, I got ADHD. I'm diferent but I'm human and a regular guy lol

YAY THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN