#51 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:

Lol guess I did contradict myself. Let me explain. WHat I mean is that yes i am differnt but that does not reduce my status as a normal human bieng. THat is what I meant by normal

#52 Posted by Manchine (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

America seems to be getting worse every year. Just when you think it's as bad as it could get idiots make it even worse.

#53 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: WTF are you talking about?!!?

That is, by far, the worst comparison to use. What do minorities, in all facets, receiving more rights have anything to do with pedophiles. Of course I never meant that. You have a warped mind to let yourself infer that from someone’s post. A very Freudian moment.

#55 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I kinda lost you there lol, a bit technical haha. But they elected a trans girl ( aka a dude) as prom queen in a school. Makes me wonder wtf is going on here lol

oh look transphobia

how unexpected

#56 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

lol. Yeah I find it weird, but they are people too. And if anyone says they aren't well then they need a catscan ROFL

#57 Posted by Bogey (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

@nerdork said:

@martyyy15 said:

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

So wait…you accept people who are different, but refuse to let them feel normal? That is a huge contraction to that little backpedal you tried to pull.

Based on that post…you allow differences, so long as they do not merge with your existence. Very open minded…

Would you drastically lower the age of consent so sexual predators can feel normal?

That is not even a fair comparison pedophilia is sick and disgusting. Transsexuals is a whole different thing entirely.

I beg to differ. Both groups are discriminated against by their sexual choices. Both groups are bounded to laws that are against their belief. And the sick and disgusting comment can be subjectively described to both groups.

#58 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: being homosexual is not illegal. Being a pedophile is. Thats a pretty big difference.

#59 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23779 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: *Sigh* I should not even reply to this crap but against my better judgment I will

I beg to differ. Both groups are discriminated against by their sexual choices

A pedophile is someone who preys on little kids and take there innocents ways. A transsexual is someone who decides they wants to change there sexual preference,.....It's there body they have the right to do as they please,they are not harming anyone at all,the same can't be said for the other sick freaks.

Both groups are bounded to laws that are against their belief.

..........What? It is not illegal to be transsexual.

And the sick and disgusting comment can be subjectively described to both groups.

Why are transsexuals sick and disgusting exactly? Because they decide to change there gender? Pedophilia is wrong on so many level and the fact I even have to explain this is shameful.

#60 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read through this...but I swear if this is another thing about DOMA and Prop 8...

#61 Edited by Bogey (940 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: @dccomicsrule2011:

You both fail to understand what I am arguing about. Being a transsexual is not illegal and nor is a person who is attracted to children. What is illegal is the action taken by both to pursue who they believe to be. A man dressed as a women will get arrested if they go into a women's bathroom and a person who decides to have sex with a minor will be arrested.

#62 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read through this...but I swear if this is another thing about DOMA and Prop 8...

It's worse. He somehow managed to find a new low.

#64 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

do some research don't listen to what fox and cnn tell you

get informed

#65 Edited by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are different. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being schizophrenic normal, no its not. But does that mean they should be treated as sub human. Absolutely NOT. Same for trans people

Wait, your attributing mental illnesses to transgenders? By doing that, you do realize your sub humanizing them? This is the arguement of a Half-Wit. Even if you were legitimately trying to say something stupid, I don't think you or anyone is going top this, so well done.

@bogey said:

Would you drastically lower the age of consent so sexual predators can feel normal?

I read this statement, and am resign myself to thinking that you two are either massive trolls, or one of those people who are so dumb your not sure if your allowed to take the piss. In all honesty I'm leaning slightly towards the first assumption, but its close. Its close

TBF I'm also annoyed that bogey proved me wrong, but hey ho.........

#66 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

Status on the patient, doctor?

#67 Edited by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I'm tempted to spam the thread with pictures of Transgenders just for lolz..........

#68 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

I love how when you of all people say "wrong" I just know you mean gay.

Hehe, your awesome. =)

@shadowx:

No I belive trans people are people too absolutley. BUt granting a guy who thinks and dresses like a female the right to use womens locker room is wrong. Born a man you are man, born a woman are a woman. I don't like people hating trans people cause they are diferent. But accepting it as normal is not right. Is being skitzophrenic normal, no its not. BUt does that mean they should be treated as sub human. ABOSLUTLEY NOT. Same for trans people

Men dressing as women are transvestites and a good percentage of them are straight. As for trans peoples they feel they were born the wrong sex and that's not a new phenomenon that situation/condition has existed for pretty much the entire existence of modern mankind. You say that you don't like people hating on people who are different but at the same time you exhibit disrespect for those people. Saying born a man you are a man and born a woman you are a woman is shows that you don't respect their lifestyles or accept it. I have also never heard of a trans man or trans woman being allowed in a women's or men's locker room in high school. They Identify as the opposite sex and it isn't a choice just like you don't choose to be gay bi or straight. Homosexuality, and transgender lifestyles have always existed in nature and not just in humanity.

If it occurs in nature naturally in situations like these it mean's that it's rare, not that it's not normal.

Oh and speaking as a schizophrenic, I agree that we should not be treated as sub human, nor should any other person. Yet when you differentiate a group of people from the majority as not being normal, then you are in fact doing that very thing.

#69 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Yeah I am equating mental illness to transgenders. Is that a bad thing? Is there now something wrong with being mentally ill? And I'm not a troll or whatever these are my belifs.

#70 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

Status on the patient, doctor?

He claims ADHD is a form of mental retardation.

Let that speak for itself.

#71 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Save us Superman!

#72 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna get good

#73 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey said:

You both fail to understand what I am arguing about. Being a transsexual is not illegal and nor is a person who is attracted to children. What is illegal is the action taken by both to pursue who they believe to be. A man dressed as a women will get arrested if they go into a women's bathroom and a person who decides to have sex with a minor will be arrested.

Im sorry, are you from the past? Homosexual intercourse has not been deemed illegal for quite some time. Not evrything is sodomy. Get your mind out of the gutter.

And no, a transexual will not get arrested for using the women's bathroom, that is absolute hogwash. I am a straight male, and I've used the women's bathroom before, as the men's rom was atrocious...never been arrested.

Once again, a terrible comparison. Men using a lady's bathroom; an adult trying to rape a child...wow!

Your arguments are awesome...keep em comin!!!

#75 Edited by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: its only in western/european civilization that its considered a mental illness( and not anymore actually it was removed from the list of mental illnesses) in some native american cultures trans people were no only accepted they were revered and respected, there was even a famous trans woman named we'wha who wa sthe chief and ambassador. to her tribe. In other cultures such as india, thailand, and maori cultures. I read an interview with a buddhist monk who considered a trans person who transitioned to have good karma, because by becoming your truest self you can help others.

#76 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

Oh your skitzophrenic...sorry to hear that man. Though it does seem your really high functioning, be thankful for that. Just because I don't accept peoples delusions or accept what they do does not mean I don't accept the person. Person is diferent from the action.

#77 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

Man if your trans or something I don't hate ya just saying. I just don't see it as normal and no offense but I see it as a delusion. Again no offense thats just my take on it.

#79 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

"If america has gone to sh**, then your just another maggot crawling in the pile"

Raiden

#80 Edited by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

@laflux:

Yeah I am equating mental illness to transgenders. Is that a bad thing? Is there now something wrong with being mentally ill? And I'm not a troll or whatever these are my belifs.

Option 2 then. Wise choice. At least we know you can't help it......

#81 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

ADHD and PPD both of which I have and I am classified on the autistic spectrum. Its not full blown autism though, its...well on the spectrum. Its a bit confusing I know lol.

#82 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

gee no need to insult people lol

#83 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

The rational person in me wants to see this thread locked, but the other part wants to watch...

#84 Edited by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

Relax that was quote from a video game, which is why I put speech-marks around it. :D

#85 Posted by laflux (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

Can matter of fact statements double up as insults?

#86 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

well your allowed to say if you disagree with me but man do it nicley...were all adults here and should be able to convey our opinnions as such

#87 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog:

Misclassify, demean, and force them to conform to assumptions others have made about themselves sure, but do it with a smile.

#88 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course America is doomed. People can't even get along in a thread without thinking about dismembering someone......err...is that just me?

#89 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15: so no offense. But im delusional. Gotcha. I totally shouldnt feel offended that somebody said that I was delusional. That the internel physical pain is just a delusion, that my pain and sadness, my depression, my body discomfort, all of that is a delusion, thosse feeling totally are not valid. Yeah thanks buddy. Im just delusional.

#90 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: No, your former instinct is correct. This thread ran its course, and is now deeply submerged in irrationality.

#91 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

*facepalm* ugh I was just telling you MY opinion on it. Doesn't necessarley mean Im right. And there is nothing wrong with being delusional. THere are tons of skitophzrenics who are delusional but great people. I did not call you that I simply told you my opinion. Sorry I offended you bro

#92 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

Oh your skitzophrenic...sorry to hear that man. Though it does seem your really high functioning, be thankful for that. Just because I don't accept peoples delusions or accept what they do does not mean I don't accept the person. Person is diferent from the action.

I take my medicine, most of us are not crazed and can be at my level of functionality if they had the means and access to proper treatment and medication. Sorry the idea of high functioning and low functioning in regards to mental illness bugs me because it implies that some people like me are incompetent and can't do anything, I know that's not you were saying though. Also it's like I'm not supposed to be at my level of ability just because I'm mentally ill. Most of us are very capable of living life normally if we have access to proper treatment. Albert Einstein is believe to of been autistic, Kurt Vonnegut was schizophrenic. Most people like me are fully functioning human beings.

And Transgender lifestyles are not delusions, like I said they have existed since the dawn of modern man. In many Native American cultures before it was colonized there were plenty of transgender people and the people who belonged to the tribe that the person was a member of treated them as the gender they identified with and were treated equally with no discrimination. Actually one of the leaders of a tribe (I forget which tribe exactly) was transgender and one of the top advisers to George Washington on Native American issues. Over half a millinia ago there were people that accepted these people for what they

#93 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by Bogey (940 posts) - - Show Bio
@nerdork said:

@bogey said:

Im sorry, are you from the past? Homosexual intercourse has not been deemed illegal for quite some time. Not evrything is sodomy. Get your mind out of the gutter.

And no, a transexual will not get arrested for using the women's bathroom, that is absolute hogwash. I am a straight male, and I've used the women's bathroom before, as the men's rom was atrocious...never been arrested.

Once again, a terrible comparison. Men using a lady's bathroom; an adult trying to rape a child...wow!

Your arguments are awesome...keep em comin!!!

Why do you keep bringing up homosexuality when I never said a word about it?

If someone calls the cops, reports that a man has entered a women's bathroom, that man will be arrested. Your argument is that you went into the ladies room and didn't get arrested means no one called the cops on you. That doesn't mean you weren't breaking the law.

#95 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@hbktimhbk: No, your former instinct is correct. This thread ran its course, and is now deeply submerged in irrationality.

...I know...

#96 Posted by SOG7dc (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

I just dont like when transgender people or homosexual people compare their plights to being black.

#97 Posted by Wolverine08 (40516 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Why? I'm black and I feel homosexuals and transgender people are in a way dealing with discrimination like blacks have and are now.

#98 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

I agree with you on the skitzophrenic part completley. And I'm happy that there is the avialiable medical treatment for people wiht disablitys to live a normal life, sadly this wasn't always the case. Things are hard for me cuase my ADHD has screwed me in the ass in terms of college and stuff ugh. But I am very happy to hear your doing good dude :)

Now as for your view on it not being a delsion I have to disagree with you there. But hey each person has theri own opinion and that is cool.

#99 Posted by Gwahlur_Rising (235 posts) - - Show Bio

lol the title makes it sound like the US is going to poo itself

I am trying to resist making a joke about "moral fiber."

#100 Edited by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I just dont like when transgender people or homosexual people compare their plights to being black.

don't you remember back when gay people were slaves? :P