#101 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

I dont doubt the discrimination is slightly similar. (very slightly) but the fact is I cant decide to be another race. I cant change the color of my skin. but a homosexual can choose to be with a woman and a transgender can choose to remain a man or a woman. we dont have the luxury of saying that "im a white man born in a black mans body". we actually factually are born the way we are

#102 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7537 posts) - - Show Bio

The United States is not perfect, no where on Earth is. There will be things I disagree with, there will be things I agree with. I always take the stance of if the majority of the country thinks it is the right thing, I will give it a chance. That's how our system is supposed to work, the minority voice gives the majority voice a chance when the vote is over. If it doesn't work, I write to Congress (I am not so foolish as to think they actually listen but it is my right) and when the next vote comes around do what I can to help my voice be heard. I always think of the term "growing pains". Things will change, it will suck for a bit, but it will get better. And as for one party being worse than the other? They're all politicians, they're all as bad as one another. It's up to us as the people to keep them in line and vote them out, but we have more fun arguing amongst ourselves (read any political thread anywhere).

These are just my opinions, by no mean law. If you don't agree with it that's perfectly fine by me. I fight for our right to speak our minds, I just wish people spoke with more respect and less venom to each other. I'd imagine we'd accomplish a lot more.

#103 Edited by Wolverine08 (41113 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

How do you know homosexuals choose to be what they are?

#104 Edited by laflux (15391 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I just dont like when transgender people or homosexual people compare their plights to being black.

Then ask yourself this? Can an openly transgender or homosexual person ever hope to become President of the USA?

Oh and before you answer, I'm sorry I called you Grandma senile. But please don't give me cause to say the same about you. One Moron in a thread is enough..............

#105 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@hbktimhbk: Yeah...I think I've about had my fill of stipidity for the day...i be out

@wolverine08: Christ! Really?!?!? This thread is going there now?!?!?

@bogey: Okay, you are obviously young, and naive to how uninformed your opninions, and arguments, are. So, ill just say...sure man. Have fun with your mindset, and when you one day realize how inconceivably wrong you are...just remember it was the Nerdork who told you right.

**gracefully exits with dignity intact**

#106 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

*facepalm* ugh I was just telling you MY opinion on it. Doesn't necessarley mean Im right. And there is nothing wrong with being delusional. THere are tons of skitophzrenics who are delusional but great people. I did not call you that I simply told you my opinion. Sorry I offended you bro

You can't compare schizophrenia to being trans. Schizophrenia is a mental illness, whereas being trans is a state of being. Stating you're opinion is fine, but you're opinion is that a group of peoples state of being is a delusion. Yes, you have every right to that opinion but that very state of mind happens to be offensive. Just because a person's opinion that a different race is inferior doesn't mean that the opinion won't be offensive to people.

You missed part of his statement too. There is physical discomfort that goes hand in hand with being transgender, and I don't mean simply feeling out of place in your body, there is genuine physical pain involved. That's what he was trying to tell you.

#107 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier:

Wow I don't care what side you support or if you see trans as a mental illness or not. If you can express your opnions in this manner then were golden to have an interectual conversation. Very well put man.

Excellent job

#108 Edited by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

in the future definitely yes. if you would have asked my grandmother "will there ever be a black president?" when she was growing up during the great depression in the 1930s what do you think she would have said? time outlasts all barriers.

@wolverine08

I didn't want to get into this but to answer your question a man who says he is gay can have sex and marry and even procreate with a woman. neither you or I can go and be white or Asian. we are the way we are. I dont believe gay people are born gay I believe its a choice but id rather pm if you want to go further into this

#109 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Forget amercia, this thread has gone to crap

#110 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

I know but my opinion is that its not a state of being and no diferent than a person who is under the delusion he is the president. I am not saying he is any less human cause of it. That is just my opinion, and saying something is a delusion is no where near as bad as some idot who thinks some race is above another ( there is absolutley ZERO defensive arguments that can be given for that position even). But legit I wasn't trying to offend him

#111 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

#112 Edited by laflux (15391 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@laflux:

in the future definitely yes. if you would have asked my grandmother "will there ever be a black president?" when she was growing up during the great depression in the 1930s what do you think she would have said? time outlasts all barriers.

Don't side step the question. I meant now. The fact that Obama is in the Office now, proves that Civil Rights is ahead of LGBT Rights. Please don't entertain contrary delusions........

#113 Posted by Wolverine08 (41113 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Well, gay people say they are just doing what is natural to them, and I'm going to take their word for it.

#114 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I just dont like when transgender people or homosexual people compare their plights to being black.

don't you remember back when gay people were slaves? :P

No but I remember it being illegal to be gay, and them being believed to be inherently evil and occasionally burned at the stake. Oh, and how about the protest at gay people's funeral's? (That is most certainly not restricted to the Westboro Baptist Church). Plus those pesky inquisitions torturing and killing homosexuals by the hundreds.

#115 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio
#116 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: Hey can you guys stop using male pronouns when you refer to me. I dont expect martyyy15 to since he thinks im delusional. thank you for backing me up though

#118 Posted by MrDirector786 (43520 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, yes.

Our politicians are all lying fakes, our corporate leaders know only greed and our sense of right and wrong has been strangled.

This

#119 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Mods, please lock this...

#120 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@digbykong said:

@sog7dc said:

don't you remember back when gay people were slaves? :P

No but I remember it being illegal to be gay, and them being believed to be inherently evil and occasionally burned at the stake. Oh, and how about the protest at gay people's funeral's? (That is most certainly not restricted to the Westboro Baptist Church). Plus those pesky inquisitions torturing and killing homosexuals by the hundreds.

i hate waking up to the smell of burning bacon.... it must of really stunk living in that neighborhood!

#121 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24134 posts) - - Show Bio

@bogey: I would reply to this but it is a waste of my time..Good day sir.

#122 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

I will just refer to you as shadow ok ^^

#123 Edited by laflux (15391 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

well your allowed to say if you disagree with me but man do it nicely

Only if you can say people in this thread are delusional "nicely".

@laflux:

were all adults here.

If by all, you mean me and you, then I'd be inclined to disagree, if we bring mental age into it.

N.B there is a cookie for you if you can guess who I'm referring to? 50/50. Even if your as smart as piece of fried chicken, there's a one in two chance of getting it right. Come on. I know your tempted............

#124 Edited by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

I know but my opinion is that its not a state of being and no diferent than a person who is under the delusion he is the president. I am not saying he is any less human cause of it. That is just my opinion, and saying something is a delusion is no where near as bad as some idot who thinks some race is above another ( there is absolutley ZERO defensive arguments that can be given for that position even). But legit I wasn't trying to offend him

I get that's your opinion, but it is an opinion that is insulting and disregarding a minority beliefs and standing. There may be absolutely zero defensive arguments against one race being superior to others to you, but other people would argue that there were because they are of that opinion. I certainly don't believe there is any legit argument for that, I also believe there is not a legitimate or fair argument against transgender people not being natural or them being delusional.

My point is just because it's an opinion does not mean it is exempt from being offensive. At least to some.

#125 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong:

ROFL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DIED WHEN I SAW THAT

#126 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

ok you got me there I'll admit. But I just can't bring myself to call something its not. I mean I can't call my cat a dog, its ya know....don't work out

#128 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@sog7dc said:

@laflux:

Don't side step the question. I meant now. The fact that Obama is in the Office now, proves that Civil Rights is ahead of LGBT Rights. Please don't entertain contrary delusions........

do not play me for a fool laflux. I answered your question without any so called "sidestepping". if you don't remember you asked me:

"Can an openly transgender or homosexual person ever hope to become President of the USA?"

and of course its further along the civil rights movement for blac people has been going on since the late 1800s so the comparison of the two as far as progress is utterly asinine. and Aside from all of that please don't compare being black to being homosexual or transgendered.

#129 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13:

ok you got me there I'll admit. But I just can't bring myself to call something its not. I mean I can't call my cat a dog, its ya know....don't work out

You are the master of stupid comparisons.

#130 Edited by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

Oh and by the way I call everyone dude and man...even my mom lol. So it doesn't have anythign to do that your bio male lol. Just a habit of mine ( legit ask my mom XD)

#131 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? Almost everyone in this thread is speaking civilly, debate is what makes this country great.

@shadowx said:

@vortex13: Hey can you guys stop using male pronouns when you refer to me. I dont expect martyyy15 to since he thinks im delusional. thank you for backing me up though

As you wish. =)

#132 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

they can say whatever they want. but factually they are notthe same

#133 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Forget amercia, this thread has gone to crap

This thread was made because the OP got freaked out by a transgender prom queen. It was born crap.

#134 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Ok you may have a point with that, I am mentally in terms of maturity a few years younger than my bio age. But being around guys my age my whole life I consider myself hybrid maturtiy. Combinded mental maturity of a 16-ish year old ( mental maturyity) and a 20 year old ( bio maturtiy). BUt I can assure for topic such as this my maturty is right at the proper age group of 20.

#135 Edited by Wolverine08 (41113 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

"Factually" No. It is your opinion gays are lying about if what they are doing is natural to them not fact.

#136 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

"Factually" No. It is your opinion gays are lying about if what they are doing is natural to them not fact.

it is fact that I cannot change the color of my skin. it is also fact that a gay man can choose to be with a woman.

#137 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

#138 Posted by Wolverine08 (41113 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

It is also a fact gay men say being sexually involved with women doesn't feel natural to them.

#139 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio
#140 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

@hbktimhbk said:

Why? Almost everyone in this thread is speaking civilly, debate is what makes this country great.

Uh huh...

#141 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

so because they say something that makes it fact? my whole point is that being gay=/= being black.

#142 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123:

not just that but a bunch of other issues, that one just took root lol.

#143 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

it is fact that I cannot change the color of my skin. it is also fact that a gay man can choose to be with a woman.

Gay men aren't attracted to women.

What part of this is hard to understand?

#144 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sog7dc:

Choosing to be with a woman, and choosing to be attracted to a woman are two very different things however.

#145 Edited by laflux (15391 posts) - - Show Bio

@martyyy15 said:

I will just refer to you as shadow ok ^^

She didn't refer to you. She didn't even ask for you to refer to her. Trying to find some common ground by referring to her in the third person, and ending with a contented face would be downright insulting if you were not deranged. I seriously mean it. Your one of those guys whose head is a waste to natural world, because inside it, your brain is obviously undergoing atrophy to the point were it would better to remove the whole thing, and allow a family of shrews to move in. That way, you still be able to spout off the compressed dog sh!t about how world's morality is defunct just because guys don't like to stick their d!cks in vagina's, but you'd also be supporting "traditional" family values too. Unless the Parents of the Shrew family were Gay that is.............

And I'm sorry for saying you had the mental age of a child. Its entirely possible cognitively, your so old you may have dementia. Its entirely possible. Entirely possible.....

#146 Posted by Wolverine08 (41113 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Gay men aren't attracted to women.

What part of this is hard to understand?

@vortex13 said:

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08 said:

@sog7dc:

Choosing to be with a woman, and choosing to be attracted to a woman are two very different things however.

THIS.

#147 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@digbykong:

Your random as hell pics are awesome dude!! I loved the one above lol. Your cool ^^

#148 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it ain't too bad.

#149 Posted by SOG7dc (6993 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: being gay is not the same as being black what is so hard to understand about that?

@vortex13: that's not the point of what ive been saying. my point is that with one thing you can choose to live a certain way and with the other you only have one option.

#150 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6276 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought America was fine.......until I read through the arguement in this thread.