Who Would Win, Wolverine or Deathstroke (New 52)?

HybridComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Who Would Win, Wolverine or Deathstroke (New 52)? (175 votes)

Wolverine 47%
Deathstroke 52%

This apart of the youtube series Comic Book VS by comic book youtube channel Hybrid0027. The episode is Wolverine VS Deathstroke (CBVS#31), please watch, comment, subscribe, like, & vote!!

THINGS TO NOTE:

1) This is the most recent mainstream version of the selected comic book character, thus why Deathstroke will be represented by his New 52 or DCnU version.

2) This battle will use facts or at least basic logic, we researched these characters & list their stats in the video with the categories strength, speed, intelligence, fighting, durability, & energy manipulation/projection. We also take their equipment into consideration.

3) Please don't use ridiculous factors such as "Wolverine briefly had the power cosmic" as this is the characters as they're currently portrayed in most comics at the time of making this video.

4) This fight is located in a neutral environment so nobody has any "homefield advantage."

5) Enjoy the match-up, comment with your opinion, & don't forget to vote!!!

• 
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#451  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: I'd say the same, but I lack knowledge on standard Wolverine, lol. I only have scans of Ultimate Wolverine, so I don't want to underestimate his fight.

Here are some scans of wolverine with his healing factor if you want: Just read from right to left

VS Daredevil
Bone claw wolverine vs shang chi

VS Captain america

VS Deadpool

VS Spider-man (Peter even briefly questions his speed next to wolverines all though he does ultimately state he is faster)

VS Sabretooth

Another fight with spider-man

VS Sabretooth again

You probably saw there first fight but here is there second fight. Daken vs wolverine. Wolverine does use the muramasa blade but daken had the muramasa claws.

More speed feats

Wolverine is poisoned here so his healing factor and reflexes aren't 100%. He gets beaten badly by Shingen but he shows resistance against pressure points designed to kill. Despite being poisoned (And this taking place back in the claremont days when wolverines healing factor wasn't impressive) he tanks a few pressure points designed to kill.

Speed feats for wolverine.

Hope this helps you understand 616 wolverines capabilities better.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44:

IIRC I believe it was issue 7. It was the issue where he fought his son. The people who were hiring very mercenaries to kill Slade shut off the armor Grant had disabling him, and then asked slade to kill his own son. He refused, was too tired to dodge bullets and was shot repeatedly. The bullets pierced.

The helicopter thing was in issue 2 if I am not mistaken.

Okay, you are correct.

And no one disagrees with this. The issue is you keep trying to low ball wolverines healing factor when you thought he had his healing factor here.

I never tried to lowball wolverine, I showed his low points to show inconsistency. I never argue Slade would win via nerve strike.

He doesn't have better healing that much I can say.

Slade durability isn't relevant due to wolverines damage out put. He can easily cut the armor.

Slade does have a better healing factor, due to the simple fact that Wolverine is without one this fight. And no, Wolverine will not *easily* cut through the armor. He can cut through but it still requires just as much force as a regular blade. However, I don't recall Wolverine popping his blades out without his healing factor. So blunt force is near useless for wolverine this battle.

The weight of adamantium doesn't matter. There speed feats are even and thats all that matters.

I should have been more clear in saying it will cause him to tire out most likely without his healing factor.

Sure Slade is smarter but he knows nothing about his enemy here. The helpfulness of intelligence is limited in this scenario.

The same is said with wolverine. He has no idea what Slade can do and vice versa.

Wolverines adamantium claws have better damage output then depowered lobo.

Without healing factor, he could bleed out. But yes, if he gets his claws out, he will do more damage due to piercing damage.

Deathstroke only wins because wolverine does not have his healing factor. Otherwise the outcome would be different.

That is debatable, but respectable.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme:

He does have a problem with his strength being portrayed inconsistently, but I would he say he's usually in the 15-20 ton range from his showings.

What showings?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: You seem to be responding to my points as if I were referring to wolverine without his healing factor. I wasn't.I have all ready stated multiple times that without his healing factor wolverine doesn't stand a chance. All of your points were originally talking about if wolverine had his healing factor.

As for wolverine cutting slades armor wolverine has cut gladiator, hulk, thor, thanos, and lots of other top tier power houses. Even if he is only barely cutting them thats enough for me to believe he will shred through slades armor.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By demonyusuke713

@cable_extreme: this isnt the first time wolverine has been with out his healing he has popped his claws with outit he screamed in agony yes but he got the job done andw raped up his hands afterwards and seeing deathsroke has some guns and explosives in plain sight its easy to tell that slade is a merc so logan will tread carefully without as said two geniuses going at it i see logan making lade use up everything to force it into a h2h fight

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By MonsterStomp
patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#457  Edited By patrat18

@patrat18: no not really as said you take the most consistent showings there are far more showings of him being just fine with out it recently no so a fight with out hf random encounter it could go either way as said with prep yes indeed a stomp

It comes at a point of time were you have to accept it maybe the writers are trying to tell us this is how wolverine will be from now on, but then you have the past which he has also lost in H2H multiple times. His high end feats are a hand full compared to his low ends, we are showing you and telling you about his multiple low ends and all you're doing is telling us about a couple of high ends, since this is the case you loose this argument.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: You seem to be responding to my points as if I were referring to wolverine without his healing factor. I wasn't.I have all ready stated multiple times that without his healing factor wolverine doesn't stand a chance. All of your points were originally talking about if wolverine had his healing factor.

As for wolverine cutting slades armor wolverine has cut gladiator, hulk, thor, thanos, and lots of other top tier power houses. Even if he is only barely cutting them thats enough for me to believe he will shred through slades armor.

No doubt Wolverine's metal is stronger, but it still requires a certain amount of force for any metal durable enough to cut Nth metal. I don't know if Wolverine has that force.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: this isnt the first time wolverine has been with out his healing he has popped his claws with outit he screamed in agony yes but he got the job done andw raped up his hands afterwards and seeing deathsroke has some guns and explosives in plain sight its easy to tell that slade is a merc so logan will tread carefully without as said two geniuses going at it i see logan making lade use up everything to force it into a h2h fight

With or without claws, Wolverine loses either by messing up his hands and being in agony, or not popping his claws and not being able to damage Deathstroke what so ever.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

No doubt Wolverine's metal is stronger, but it still requires a certain amount of force for any metal durable enough to cut Nth metal. I don't know if Wolverine has that force.

He has the force to cut thanos, gladiator, hulk and thor. Deathstroke was cut by regular swords. I see no reason wolverine would even have trouble cutting slade.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@patrat18: Wolverine has more high end feats H2H wise than low end ones.

I don't know what you're talking about......................

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

@patrat18: no not really as said you take the most consistent showings there are far more showings of him being just fine with out it recently no so a fight with out hf random encounter it could go either way as said with prep yes indeed a stomp

It comes at a point of time were you have to accept it maybe the writers are trying to tell us this is how wolverine will be from now on, but then you have the past which he has also lost in H2H multiple times. His high end feats are a hand full compared to his low ends, we are showing you and telling you about his multiple low ends and all you're doing is telling us about a couple of high ends, since this is the case you loose this argument.

If I am understanding you correctly you are saying wolverine after losing his healing factor has had a lot of low showings correct? If so keep in mind that it has been stated that storm noticed a change in his voice. His confidence is pretty low right now because he is afraid of death. There are also a few other explanations that could work.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: No which is the exact case another user made Cable i believe but @wolverine dismissed it saying he would have the confidence to take on DS anyway. I understand that Marvel never retconed their universe but we are talking about current wolverine with no HF vs DS new 52 in which case is a stomp in Ds favor.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Wolverine008

@patrat18:

I never said Wolverine would have the confidence to take on Deathstroke.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@jashro44: No which is the exact case another user made Cable i believe but @wolverine dismissed it saying he would have the confidence to take on DS anyway. I understand that Marvel never retconed their universe but we are talking about current wolverine with no HF vs DS new 52 in which case is a stomp in Ds favor.

Oh I agree Slade stomps current wolverine.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

He has the force to cut thanos, gladiator, hulk and thor. Deathstroke was cut by regular swords. I see no reason wolverine would even have trouble cutting slade.

Regardless, Wolverine wont pop his claws during this fight without fear of injuring himself. Yet he has trouble cutting Collosus. Skin durability is a little different meaning that it glances really easy, which is why Deathstroke commented "the skill and precision you'd need" when he was stabbed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Colossus has stated fear of being cut by wolverine multiple times. Wolverine was goring him in wolverine goes to hell.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: Colossus has stated fear of being cut by wolverine multiple times. Wolverine was goring him in wolverine goes to hell.

Yes, but colossus has withstood his blades before. Of course he is going to fear being cut, but skin curability vs armor (metal) is different. Armor allows weapons to glance easily, you have to find the equilibrium and hold you weapon in a straight direction to prevent from glancing. I have no doubt wolverine would be able to cut him, but it won't be as easy as people think, this is another reason you really only see Deathstroke stabbed and not slashed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 said:

Yes, but colossus has withstood his blades before. Of course he is going to fear being cut, but skin curability vs armor (metal) is different. Armor allows weapons to glance easily, you have to find the equilibrium and hold you weapon in a straight direction to prevent from glancing. I have no doubt wolverine would be able to cut him, but it won't be as easy as people think, this is another reason you really only see Deathstroke stabbed and not slashed.

The only time Colossus ever tanked wolverines claws was in wolverine goes to hell. And the next page wolverine cut him easily. It at best shows it takes some force to cut colossus. Aside from that he has never had any issues cutting him. If regular bullets can cut his armor wolverines claws will easily.

And Slade was stabbed by Tomo.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

The only time Colossus ever tanked wolverines claws was in wolverine goes to hell. And the next page wolverine cut him easily. It at best shows it takes some force to cut colossus. Aside from that he has never had any issues cutting him. If regular bullets can cut his armor wolverines claws will easily.

And Slade was stabbed by Tomo.

Yes, he was stabbed by Tomo, and Tomo's father. But he wasn't Slashed. Like I said, big difference. And I am not arguing Wolverine can't, I am saying it won't be easy. Regardless, he isn't popping his claws, Ill save my tongue for a battle that calls for it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: give me one slashing resistance feat which would suggest wolverine would have a problem cutting his armor...deflecting chain gun fire isn't even close to enough.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: give me one slashing resistance feat which would suggest wolverine would have a problem cutting his armor...deflecting chain gun fire isn't even close to enough.

Getting Slashed by Hawkman's wrist daggers, and came out uninjured.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: I don't remember slade getting tagged by hawkman?

He only did once, when Slade pinned him down, and got knocked off with a Slashing motion.

No Caption Provided

Nth metal weapons are about the best your going to get with DC metals.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: looks to me he hit deathstroke with his wings. We don't actually see his claws hit the armor.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme: looks to me he hit deathstroke with his wings. We don't actually see his claws hit the armor.

It is a straight line called "Line of action" in the art world. If it were the wings, you would see vertical lines from the starting point. Also he is resting his hand on the ground with the other one hanging loosely. A wing line of action would not be in that shape, nor that curved directly in front of him. Learned all about this in my junior year of college "Art minor". It would also be near impossible to hit Deathstroke outward like that if the wings are at his side, and Deathstroke is that close.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@demonyusuke713 said:

there are also high showings off him winning without his healing there in this regard its a toss up hard to pinpoint the most consistent

@demonyusuke713 said:

With or without claws, Wolverine loses either by messing up his hands and being in agony, or not popping his claws and not being able to damage Deathstroke what so ever.

wrong his hands wil be fine it will still work normally it will just hurt a lot and bleed to the point he has to bandage his hands afterwards and nth metal isnt as hard as adamntiu if its been piercedbefore plus slades armor isnt pure nth making it easier to pierce anyway all logan needs is a clear shot at slades heart or as i said before his brain

@patrat18 said:

i said that there are issues of wolverine having no healing being fairly confident still kickin ass and taking names i did say i admit the recent ones show him being not to sure of himself but you can argue with past issues for this fight just as easily and i also said that slade has most of his equipment in plain sight so wolverine will know what he's probably dealing with he is still a genius in battle he will tread carefully there are great arguments on both sides when he has no hf

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

It is a straight line called "Line of action" in the art world. If it were the wings, you would see vertical lines from the starting point. Also he is resting his hand on the ground with the other one hanging loosely. A wing line of action would not be in that shape, nor that curved directly in front of him. Learned all about this in my junior year of college "Art minor". It would also be near impossible to hit Deathstroke outward like that if the wings are at his side, and Deathstroke is that close.

I really don't see what your seeing. All though even going with what you said there isn't any evidence hawkman slashed him. Its possible he just punched him. Slade has been stabbed and slashed....

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

I really don't see what your seeing. All though even going with what you said there isn't any evidence hawkman slashed him. Its possible he just punched him. Slade has been stabbed and slashed....

Show me him getting Slashed. And regardless, Deathstroke wins this fight fairly simply.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I'm not underestimating Wolverine's strategic abilities but what we see in that scan has next to no merit in a fight with Deathstroke

Stating that, by default, means you're most definitely underestimating Wolverine. It has a whole hell of a lot of merit in a random melee battle against Deathstroke.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I'm not underestimating Wolverine's strategic abilities but what we see in that scan has next to no merit in a fight with Deathstroke

Stating that, by default, means you're most definitely underestimating Wolverine. It has a whole hell of a lot of merit in a random melee battle against Deathstroke.

In the scan Wolverine08 posted, he was winning a routine whilst beating 4 chest computers in his head. Chest strategy and multi-tasking is all I see. Care to clear something I missed?

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By CF12793

I'm confused. If Wolverine doesn't have his claws/HF, isn't this a spite thread?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: No. I'd say Wolverine is faster and his blades can cut through Deathstrokes armour. I think Deathstroke would stomp Wolverine without his healing factor to be honest. I'd still give Deathstroke a scraped victory even if he did have his healing factor.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: No. I'd say Wolverine is faster and his blades can cut through Deathstrokes armour. I think Deathstroke would stomp Wolverine without his healing factor to be honest. I'd still give Deathstroke a scraped victory even if he did have his healing factor.

Deathstroke would definitely win against a depowered Wolverine. It's not even worth debating IMO. Wolverine's got the skill to hang with him for a bit, but ultimately he'd be taken down without much trouble by Deathstroke. I've already made an argument as to why Wolverine would win if he did have his claws and healing factor. I'm just confused because people keep switching back and forth from "Wolverine has his claws" to "He doesn't:". I just want to know if he has his powers or not.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By MonsterStomp

@cf12793: I thought he did have his claws?

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By CF12793

@monsterstomp said:

That's what I'm wondering myself. So, does he, or does he not? that's simply all I'm asking.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@monsterstomp said:

That's what I'm wondering myself. So, does he, or does he not? that's simply all I'm asking.

Wolverine has the claws but no HF

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@slimj87d said:

I actualy think the new Deathstroke can beat Wolverine. His Nth metal armor increases his already great stats. It provides great protection and his sword gives him the range advantage not to mention all his other gear.

I agree with every word

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't give Slade the win if Logan has his healing factor. It'd be a close fight, but Wolverine would a slim 6/10 majority due to superior durability.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By MonsterStomp

I wouldn't give Slade the win if Logan has his healing factor. It'd be a close fight, but Wolverine would a slim 6/10 majority due to superior durability.

Your fanboyism is showing :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

I did give a specific reason why Wolverine would win. Not just "WOLVERINE WINS BECAUSE HE'S AWESOME!". So no, not really fanboyism :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

I did give a specific reason why Wolverine would win. Not just "WOLVERINE WINS BECAUSE HE'S AWESOME!". So no, not really fanboyism :)

I was referring to the fact that you bring up Logan with his HF in a fight where he doesn't have it. Repeatedly :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Spite = Slade one shotting Logan, while drinking a cup of tea. I'd say more like a stomp.

demonyusuke713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By demonyusuke713

im not being a fanboy ppl are bring up jis current psyche about the loss i just think that he could force the fight to a hand to hand standoff where it can go either way

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close match but I'm going with Wolverine, unless Deathstroke had prep, that is how he should beat Logan. If the two were to fight, I believe the fight were to go like this:

f

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@tracy said:

Close match but I'm going with Wolverine, unless Deathstroke had prep, that is how he should beat Logan. If the two were to fight, I believe the fight were to go like this:

f

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That is pre 52 Deathstroke, and current Logan (when this was made) has no healing factor. Plus, in those scans you linked it shows Cyclops shooting Deathstroke, Wolverine didn't hurt him, plus that is a cross over, non legit.