Posted by HybridComics (56 posts) 8 months, 3 days ago

Who Would Win, Wolverine or Deathstroke (New 52)? (144 votes)

Wolverine 53%
Deathstroke 45%

This apart of the youtube series Comic Book VS by comic book youtube channel Hybrid0027. The episode is Wolverine VS Deathstroke (CBVS#31), please watch, comment, subscribe, like, & vote!!

THINGS TO NOTE:

1) This is the most recent mainstream version of the selected comic book character, thus why Deathstroke will be represented by his New 52 or DCnU version.

2) This battle will use facts or at least basic logic, we researched these characters & list their stats in the video with the categories strength, speed, intelligence, fighting, durability, & energy manipulation/projection. We also take their equipment into consideration.

3) Please don't use ridiculous factors such as "Wolverine briefly had the power cosmic" as this is the characters as they're currently portrayed in most comics at the time of making this video.

4) This fight is located in a neutral environment so nobody has any "homefield advantage."

5) Enjoy the match-up, comment with your opinion, & don't forget to vote!!!

#1 Posted by Fastnoc (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the fight won by death or KO?

#2 Edited by oceanmaster21 (6314 posts) - - Show Bio

deathstroke wins he smarter just as agile stronger and has faced far worser ppl than wolverine

#3 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this wolverine with or without his healing factor?

#4 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Wolverine wins in an EXTREMELY hard battle. Without the Nth armor, I'd Logan and Slade are equals in speed and strength. With the armor, I'd say that Slade has a slight advantage in strength in speed. Fighting skill wise, I' would give Wolverine a slight advantage as these guys are both among the best in their respective universes. Intelligence/strategic wise I give Slade an advantage. I know most people will say Slade completely outclasses Wolverine in this department because he thinks 9 times faster than a human, etc. but he doesn't. Wolverine has been labeled by Forge (a genius) as having such an intelligent and strategic mind that he would be able to complete an Olympic gold medal event while beating four chess computers in his head. So while I give Slade the advantage with strategy, it isn't a curbstomp. I think with these guys being so evenly matched in most areas, the game changer in this fight is going to be durability. Both Logan and Slade have healing factors, but Logan's completely outclasses Slade in this department. He has tanked hits from the Hulk, healed from a nuclear explosion burning him down to a skeleton in a matter of seconds, etc. I think Slade will be able to take a couple of stabs from Wolverine and still go strong, but after a while, he's going to tire out, while Logan's superior healing factor will allow him to still go strong and take out Slade. Overall, I give a Wolverine a slight 6/10 majority in one of the hardest fights of his life only due to his far superior healing factor.

#5 Posted by Jmarshmallow (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

^This

Jmarshmallow

#6 Posted by SlimJ87D (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

I actualy think the new Deathstroke can beat Wolverine. His Nth metal armor increases his already great stats. It provides great protection and his sword gives him the range advantage not to mention all his other gear.

#7 Posted by Fastnoc (137 posts) - - Show Bio

If the fight is won by death, then the fight will never end. Deathstroke will continue to dodge all of wolverine's attacks, and will have no luck killing him because of his healing factor. If the fight is won by K.O, Wolverine isn't fast enough to catch deathstroke and even if he does. I think adamantium is the marvel equivalent of promethium, so I don't think it would penetrate. Anyhow, deathstroke would be untouchable and at the right time, he would give him a few hits with his power staff and he would be done for.... about 5 minutes. But hey, that counts as a K.O. right?

#8 Edited by patrat18 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: i wonder why? slade has this, the main thing you are missing is the fact that it's the recent versions of both characters and wolverine has yet shown him self to be a "genius" in anything, on the other hand slade is slicing planes, flicking nails through concrete, and taking down superman level characters with his mind.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by _Atomikill_ (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Interesting. However, I thought that Deathstroke was most commonly found with the Nth armor? And also, there is something alot of people doubt in Slade. When he heals, he gets angrier. Well, not angrier, but sort of... crazier. Eventually, he goes berserker on Wolverine's Canadian ass, and friggin murders him. "But gularte," you might say, "Wolverine can't die!" Well, you know. He wins.

#11 Posted by patrat18 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: with his healing factor wolverine has a chance, this battle is without it he gets mega stomped by the power of rape.

#12 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Deathstroke.

He should be stronger and faster than Deathstroke and most likely even more skilled. I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to stab Wolverine in the heart and end the battle that way.
But I also wouldn't be surprised if there were enough arguments for Wolverine so that he takes it.

#14 Posted by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

#15 Edited by HtG (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Deathstroke would be able to overcome Wolverine's superior healing factor, and Wolverine might be able to damage the Nth metal armor, as it doesn't have durability on the level of adamantium.

#16 Posted by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

@htg said:

I don't think Deathstroke would be able to overcome Wolverine's superior healing factor, and Wolverine might be able to damage the Nth metal armor, as it doesn't have durability on the level of adamantium.

He doesn't have his healing factor anymore

#17 Edited by GhostRavage (7576 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Healing Factor... Deathstroke... With Healing Factor... Wolverine of course.

#18 Edited by krauser99 (633 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine with healing factor wins. Without it he will lose.

#19 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7626 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastnoc: If I recall correctly Wolverine is killable in Marvel Now,because his healing factor was ''turned off'' by diseaseor something similar.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (13118 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Deathstroke.

#21 Edited by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#22 Posted by DarkRaiden (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should stomp. Simple decapitation. Wolverine always has trouble with peak humans who are trained martial artist, but Deathstroke is the same, but superhuman instead and a tactical genius with a powerful sword. He could easily start hacking off limbs until Wolverine is just a torso with his body parts separated by cages, barriers, walls, etc.

#23 Edited by Alexander505 (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

Stomps? LOL

#24 Edited by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should stomp. Simple decapitation. Wolverine always has trouble with peak humans who are trained martial artist, but Deathstroke is the same, but superhuman instead and a tactical genius with a powerful sword. He could easily start hacking off limbs until Wolverine is just a torso with his body parts separated by cages, barriers, walls, etc.

Adamantium won't allow for that

#25 Posted by DarkRaiden (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

Adamantium can't be in the joints and tendons or Wolverine couldn't move so....that leaves him susceptible to both of these I believe.

#26 Edited by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

Adamantium can't be in the joints and tendons or Wolverine couldn't move so....that leaves him susceptible to both of these I believe.

They actually are, it doesn't make sense but it's only in the Ultimate Universe that his joints aren't covered, hence why Ultimate Wolverine can be dismembered but 616 Wolverine can't. That's why the Hulk couldn't rip off his arm

#27 Edited by raythelion (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

#28 Edited by DarkRaiden (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

They actually are, it doesn't make sense but it's only in the Ultimate Universe that his joints aren't covered, hence why Ultimate Wolverine can be dismembered but 616 Wolverine can't. That's why the Hulk couldn't rip off his arm

....Are you sure? Because in DKTMU He just...decapitated him. It made sense at the time due to the joints and tendons thing, but now.....I mean this makes no sense. I'll have to look it up.

#29 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should beat current non-healing factor Logan

#30 Edited by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

....Are you sure? Because in DKTMU He just...decapitated him. It made sense at the time due to the joints and tendons thing, but now.....I mean this makes no sense. I'll have to look it up.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is Non-Canon and in that universe his whole Skeleton may not have been bonded

#31 Posted by DarkRaiden (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is Non-Canon and in that universe his whole Skeleton may not have been bonded

Hmm looked it up, says his entire skeleton which should include joints but....IDK I'm just gonna assume it's not his joints and stuff because not even marvel is that dumb....right?

#32 Posted by Juiceboks (5934 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just gonna say that Deathstrokes armor isn't as great as alotta people make it out to be. He's been shot and stabbed through his mesh before.

#33 Edited by dondave (26615 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just gonna say that Deathstrokes armor isn't as great as alotta people make it out to be. He's been shot and stabbed through his mesh before.

While that it true, Deathstroke has a range advantage that will be effective now that Logan has lost his healing factor, not to mention all the explosives he carries around, he can afford to get hit once or twice and then strap an explosive on his back which he could tank while Wolverine wouldn't be ale to.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Wolverine wins in an EXTREMELY hard battle. Without the Nth armor, I'd Logan and Slade are equals in speed and strength. With the armor, I'd say that Slade has a slight advantage in strength in speed. Fighting skill wise, I' would give Wolverine a slight advantage as these guys are both among the best in their respective universes. Intelligence/strategic wise I give Slade an advantage. I know most people will say Slade completely outclasses Wolverine in this department because he thinks 9 times faster than a human, etc. but he doesn't. Wolverine has been labeled by Forge (a genius) as having such an intelligent and strategic mind that he would be able to complete an Olympic gold medal event while beating four chess computers in his head. So while I give Slade the advantage with strategy, it isn't a curbstomp. I think with these guys being so evenly matched in most areas, the game changer in this fight is going to be durability. Both Logan and Slade have healing factors, but Logan's completely outclasses Slade in this department. He has tanked hits from the Hulk, healed from a nuclear explosion burning him down to a skeleton in a matter of seconds, etc. I think Slade will be able to take a couple of stabs from Wolverine and still go strong, but after a while, he's going to tire out, while Logan's superior healing factor will allow him to still go strong and take out Slade. Overall, I give a Wolverine a slight 6/10 majority in one of the hardest fights of his life only due to his far superior healing factor.

But if Logan doesn't have his healing factor, I see Slade taking a majority, but I'm using Wolverine who has his healing factor, so he takes a majority for the reasons stated above.

#35 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

@dondave said:

@darkraiden said:

Hmm looked it up, says his entire skeleton which should include joints but....IDK I'm just gonna assume it's not his joints and stuff because not even marvel is that dumb....right?

#36 Edited by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming we are using wolverine with his healing factor since there isn't anything to discuss without his healing factor I say wolverine wins. Slade will stomp him without the healing factor however.

@slimj87d said:

I actualy think the new Deathstroke can beat Wolverine. His Nth metal armor increases his already great stats. It provides great protection and his sword gives him the range advantage not to mention all his other gear.

All though Slade does have suepioer stats due to Nth metal I don't think its so significant that wolverine wont be able to keep up. I think his damage soak and skills will allow him to compensate. As for the sword it does give him better reach but at the same time it can only withstand a few slashes before it breaks due to wolverines claws. I think wolverine can tank most of deathstrokes range weaponry.

@fastnoc said:

If the fight is won by death, then the fight will never end. Deathstroke will continue to dodge all of wolverine's attacks, and will have no luck killing him because of his healing factor. If the fight is won by K.O, Wolverine isn't fast enough to catch deathstroke and even if he does. I think adamantium is the marvel equivalent of promethium, so I don't think it would penetrate. Anyhow, deathstroke would be untouchable and at the right time, he would give him a few hits with his power staff and he would be done for.... about 5 minutes. But hey, that counts as a K.O. right?

What makes you say Deathstroke is too fast for wolverine?

@enzeru said:

He should be stronger and faster than Deathstroke and most likely even more skilled. I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to stab Wolverine in the heart and end the battle that way.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if there were enough arguments for Wolverine so that he takes it.

I agree about stronger and faster but not sure if I agree about skill. I would say New 52 deathstroke has mainly won fights due to suepioer stats. I would say wolverine has better skill. As for why he wouldn't stab him in the heart keep in mind he isn't aware of the adamantium skeleton so its not something he will do right off the bat. Even if he did wolverine wouldn't let it happen.

#37 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie all day everyday

#38 Edited by SlimJ87D (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Assuming we are using wolverine with his healing factor since there isn't anything to discuss without his healing factor I say wolverine wins. Slade will stomp him without the healing factor however.

@slimj87d said:

All though Slade does have suepioer stats due to Nth metal I don't think its so significant that wolverine wont be able to keep up. I think his damage soak and skills will allow him to compensate. As for the sword it does give him better reach but at the same time it can only withstand a few slashes before it breaks due to wolverines claws. I think wolverine can tank most of deathstrokes range weaponry.

@fastnoc said:

What makes you say Deathstroke is too fast for wolverine?

@enzeru said:

I agree about stronger and faster but not sure if I agree about skill. I would say New 52 deathstroke has mainly won fights due to suepioer stats. I would say wolverine has better skill. As for why he wouldn't stab him in the heart keep in mind he isn't aware of the adamantium skeleton so its not something he will do right off the bat. Even if he did wolverine wouldn't let it happen.

I thought his prometheus sword was supposed to be quite durable. The Muramusa blade was forged with man made metals and Wolverine's supposed soul. It was capable of taking many blows from adamantium.

#39 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: IIRC Promethium was snapped in half by Lex in his war suit. It is durable enough to take a few slashes but it should break down eventually. Not sure how promethium would compare to the murmasa blade.

#40 Edited by Equonox (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with healing factor, Slade would still take a majority (assuming KO counts as a win) - he's WAY faster and more agile than Wolverine, vastly more skilled, and much stronger. Not to mention he has his own healing factor, albeit not as good as Wolverine's but enough to heal from a slice or stab should Wolverine land a lucky hit. Without healing factor, Slade skins him.

#41 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

Even with healing factor, Slade would still take a majority (assuming KO counts as a win) - he's WAY faster and more agile than Wolverine, vastly more skilled, and much stronger. Not to mention he has his own healing factor, albeit not as good as Wolverine's but enough to heal from a slice or stab should Wolverine land a lucky hit. Without healing factor, Slade skins him.

The bold and underline part needs backing to it.

#42 Edited by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@equonox said:

LOL, Deathstroke isn't WAY more skilled or faster than Wolverine. Where did you get that from?

#43 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@equonox said:

LOL, Deathstroke isn't WAY more skilled or faster than Wolverine. Where did you get that from?

Thats what I am wondering.

#44 Edited by robertloucksjr (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine,that healing factor makes it so hard to beat Wolverine unless out stat him by a lot or can immobilize him a la Spider-Man.

#45 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (843 posts) - - Show Bio

That old kanuckle head has it !

#46 Posted by Fastnoc (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It's pretty logical that Deathstroke is too fast for wolverine. Deathstroke has superhuman reflexes, and superhuman speed, and wolverine has neither. Deathstroke has tagged flash multiple times, and can dodge a bullet. Can Wolverine dodge a bullet? Deathstroke is not only fast, but stronger. I don't want to say stronger than wolverine, but hell, strength means little. Deathstroke probably had similar training to wolverine's since they were both in the military. Deathstroke has tossed it up with the JLA and has taken down some of it's best members. Wolverine get's mad simply, with Deathstroke's intelligence, he will understand how to piss Wolverine off so that he loses control and is easy to take down. Without a healing factor, wolverine is horrible. And not to mention, deathstroke still has a bit of a healing factor as well, lets not ignore that. Though it is a pretty weak healing factor, he still has one. Another reason, he's pimping promethium. Promethium swords, staffs, armor. And hes got guns. That means if wolverine doesn't have his healing factor, it's one shot to the head. And if he doesn't have guns with him, its one slice to the head. So as for agility and speed, he has it. He's a skilled acrobat and has superhuman speed. As for intelligence, he has it. He can use 90% of his brain. As for strength, he has it. I would say maybe equal or a bit less to wolverine's. You guys give wolverine credit as if he is something more than a savage brute that relies on his healing factor to stay alive. He may have some good reflexes and instincts, but until he can dodge bullets and compete with the gadgets that deathstroke has, he will simply lose. He a master of many weapons, he's skilled in hand to hand. He has super speed, super sight, super smelling, and hearing, and can damn near match the skills of wolverine, if not exceed them. He's basically just under a superhuman batman with no morals.Deathstroke has all of these feats, and all wolverine has is his claws and low level military training, right? I'm sorry, but logan's reflexes are nothing compared to slade's speed. Wolverine is done within 10 seconds of the fight.

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastnoc: Honestly, you lost my attention when you said Wolverine "is just a savage brute who relies on his healing factor to stay alive". Forge (a genius has stated that Wolverine has a strategic and complex enough to complete an Olympic gold medal event while beating four chess computers in his head. He is very smart. Also, Wolverine is one of the most skilled fighters in the Marvel U, and has beaten people like Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and othet top fighters through fighting skill alone. Finally, Wolverine had dodged bullets with ease on multiple occasions. Go read some Wolverine comics and learn about him before you debate in battles featuring him.

#48 Posted by scyven (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel have ruined Wolverine...no healing factor..that's like making Batman a retard.

#49 Edited by Fastnoc (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: He's not nearly as smart as Deathstroke and not nearly as fast as him either. He relies on his healing, I am positive of that. Marvel doesn't have a batman, so Wolverine has never beaten batman but deathstroke has. And batman is batman, enough said. Beating batman is a remarkable accomplishment on its own. I wasn't aware that Wolverine has dodged bullets, but even if he has, has he tagged the speedster of his universe? Such as quicksilver. Deathstroke tagged flash. Deathstroke is strong just as wolverine is. Wolverine's mind is nothing compared to Deathstroke. Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, and Daredevil, again NOTHING compared to Deathstroke, as far as in terms of skill. How does Wolverine do against the avengers? Because Deathstroke kicked the JLA's ass. He is said to have "the strength of ten men". And promethium can regenerate itself, so even if wolverine's adamantium claws can scrape his armor. It regenerates, and he can slice off his head. And chances are Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Fist, and Daredevil weren't all trying to KILL him (Never seen these fights so I wouldn't know). Deathstroke knows no mercy. He WILL kill him.

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (26474 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastnoc: Wolverine has superhuman speed that is so great he made Spider-Man (a guy that outraces cars easily) think he was faster than him. He also managed to tag Quicksilver. He is just as fast as Slade. Wolverine has also flinged as 955 lb bear across a room with no effort, threw men throw a steel door without trying, etc he is also just as strong as Slade. Also are you serious? Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Captain America are all equals to Slade and Batman in terms of fighting skill. I don't know if you've read Wolverine comics, but you should, you clearly don't know much about him.