Thor VS Wonder Woman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@nobody134: You were wrong for saying the other feats were invalid due to most of them being melee weapon skill feats, when the entire post was a testament to her skill in general. I told you to provide evidence of Thor having anything better or shut up because you can't really talk like Wonder Woman's feats were irrelevant when Thor has none comparable in the first place, you were nit-picking and ignoring facts which is closer to trolling than anything I've done. Speaking of which, that up there isn't the reason you say I was trolling huh ... so basically you're just talking sh*t .... typical

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134: You were wrong for saying the other feats were invalid due to most of them being melee weapon skill feats, when the entire post was a testament to her skill in general. I told you to provide evidence of Thor having anything better or shut up because you can't really talk like Wonder Woman's feats were irrelevant when Thor has none comparable in the first place, you were nit-picking and ignoring facts which is closer to trolling than anything I've done. Speaking of which, that up there isn't the reason you say I was trolling huh ... so basically you're just talking sh*t .... typical

I wasn't wrong in saying that, feats with weapons are invalid in h2h combat, unlike his h2h skills thor is pretty good with weapons (not in WW leauge though), but it has nothing to do with the fact that even loki (loki!) owned his ass in h2h combat on one occasion.

4 of the feats that gokuwarrior posted had nothing to do with the fight and therefore they were useless, and that's a fact.

there is a major difference between being skillful with weapons and being skillful in martial arts.

going by that logic, you could've said that all martial artists are also good with swords and all swordsman are proficient in h2h combat.

this logic of yours isn't holding any ground.

it would be too damn long for me to list my explanation for your trolling.

To be fair tho, when i showed my explanation to the red viper he said that i was over analyzing

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't wrong in saying that, feats with weapons are invalid in h2h combat, unlike his h2h skills thor is pretty good with weapons (not in WW leauge though), but it has nothing to do with the fact that even loki (loki!) owned his ass in h2h combat on one occasion.

4 of the feats that gokuwarrior posted had nothing to do with the fight and therefore they were useless, and that's a fact.

there is a major difference between being skillful with weapons and being skillful in martial arts.

going by that logic, you could've said that all martial artists are also good with swords and all swordsman are proficient in h2h combat.

To be fair tho, when i showed my explanation to the red viper he said that i was over analyzing

You aren't getting it...Viper was right in saying you were over analyzing cus you are...gokuwarrior was making a general statement and you nitpicked the hell out of it and took my words completely out of context. I already explained it as simply as I can, next I'll start using bigger letters and pictures just so you can comprehend it....also, you have no reason to call me a troll, there is no explanation, you're just talking sh*t.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134 said:

You aren't getting it...Viper was right in saying you were over analyzing cus you are...gokuwarrior was making a general statement and you nitpicked the hell out of it and took my words completely out of context. I already explained it as simply as I can, next I'll start using bigger letters and pictures just so you can comprehend it....also, you have no reason to call me a troll, there is no explanation, you're just talking sh*t.

out of context? yeah right.

he said that my reasoning behind you being a troll is a bit too much, he didn't say a thing about me nitpicking.

you also didnt say to show me something that proves thor's skill in general.

@nobody134: show me thor using any skill without a weapon...till then, eat it.

also, there is no such thing as "general skill", you cant say that someone is "generaly skilled".

i wasn't wrong in my statement, most of his scans didn't prove anything relevant to the fight.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope sorry, Diana wins in pure H2H.

She's is far superior than him in this area, everyone knows this, I don't even know why there's any argument for this.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62 said:

She's is far superior than him in this area, everyone knows this, I don't even know why there's any argument for this.

There isn't

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW wins here

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drunkvader:it's not hard to believe,wonder woman has always shown better skills than thor.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By isaac_clarke

@citizenbane said:

Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules.

Is that Thor's common form fighting while depowered? Just curious. =)

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: thats mainly cus theres not many he faces who require any form of hand to hand mastery or any of that nonsense

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: thats mainly cus theres not many he faces who require any form of hand to hand mastery or any of that nonsense

That's mainly because he's either fighting abstracts, other cosmic entities, people more powerful than he is in some way or people he's significantly stronger than. And even then he's got showings in between those where he does actually show some fighting skill - like when he was blocked by Gorr and proceeded to stab him in the ribs with the otherside of his axe.

In terms of plain martial arts skill Thor is a novice as far as we know. He knows how to wrestle (given he's gone up against the god that invented it) - but that's as far as we usually see for Thor's hand to hand skill. Even then someone brought up a good point about physical ability, but other's drowned him out for using RL common sense - either way a DEPOWERED Thor still was able to fight Captain America, save his life in one instance and fight on with broken ribs (that Captain America accidently supplied). It's not like a depowered Thor isn't still a muscle madhouse of metahuman durability, stamina and reflexes. Just don't tell Citizen - he might bite.

EtinArcadiaEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62 said:

Because H2H includes wrestling, and when a guy of Thor's corpulence wrestles a girl of Diana's corpulence, you obtain princess jam. Unless the amazon can keep him out of grabbing distance the whole fight, she'll end up looking like a squashed burrito in a star spangled boxer short.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62 said:

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@tanet62 said:

Because H2H includes wrestling, and when a guy of Thor's corpulence wrestles a girl of Diana's corpulence, you obtain princess jam. Unless the amazon can keep him out of grabbing distance the whole fight, she'll end up looking like a squashed burrito in a star spangled boxer short.

He-llo.

Thor via pure physicality. Diana without superspeed or strength versus Thor or Hercules is getting owned. End of story.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

a depowered Thor was able to match Conan

what does depowered W match?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

WW mega stomp.Thor has no fighting skills or technique to show that he is on Diana level.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't this depowered "unskilled brute" defeated Captain America once?

EtinArcadiaEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

You should care. Your entire argument comes down to "Wow, Thor's really big and he weighs a lot more than Diana, so the fact that she's a lot more skilled than he is will give him the win, despite the fact that both characters exist in a medium where skill has always been given precedence over physical characteristics". I added the last part in a vain attempt to make your argument seem more sensible than it is, so cut me some slack on that front. The reason I mentioned Lady Shiva and Killer Croc here is because they present a very nice parallel to your exact argument, which is that Thor's sizable physical advantage is going to overcome Diana's sizable skill advantage. I'm saying Croc had an even bigger advantage against Shiva and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Blockbuster had an even bigger advantage against Catwoman and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Batman one-shotting multi-tonners with a nerve strike is 100% the result of superior skill prevailing over superior physicals.

I'm saying that these are comics, the very medium you're highlighting to give your statements about how Wonder Woman wins fights some credence, and in comics the more skilled opponent always beats the opponent who's physically superior but deficient in skill, unless the physical advantage is some Batman vs Superman type deal, which is most decidedly not the case here. Look it up.

Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

What the hell? Mods participate in battles and get to bully regular users on this forum? What kind of moderation is that? Is that a regular stuff or is it only this Bane guy? I'd like to have the other mods opinion about this please.

@deranged_midget@razzatazz@gambler@aztek_the_lost@mercy_

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#119  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Thor.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

@etinarcadiaego: I read CB's reply, I did not get the impression he was bullying you. Battles posts can be brashful and audacious in their claims, but it is not reflective of any ill intent, rather simply the predominant debating style. I have been offended by the discussion tactics in battles threads from time to time, but whenever I challenge the debaters, they generally apologize as it is not the intent to bully or hurt people's feelings.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#122  Edited By RazzaTazz

Wonder Woman

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124  Edited By Saren

@etinarcadiaego: A) Aztek hasn't been online (or at least he hasn't used his aztek account) in a really long time.

B) I fail to see how any of that constitutes bulling, but have at it anyway.

EDIT: Eh, forget it. I'm not going to have the time for this right now. There was formerly a reply to isaac here. Now I'm just going to say I disagree with everything or something equally vague.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Depowered Wonder Woman defeated Artemis right? Fighting Captain Nazi isn't that much impressive considering that he was blinded by Catman and later defeated by Batman and Red Hood.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Saren

@bigcimmerian: Nazi has also tanked nukes and stalemated Black Adam and Captain Marvel. If we're really bringing up low showings and bad writing, then one of the absolute smartest people on the planet (or hell, in the multiverse) called Hercules a dumb brawler who only knows how to punch things; ergo Thor admitting that Herc is the better H2H combatant is........I actually don't know a level for combat competency in comics below "dumb brawler" other than maybe "paraplegic", but even then there's Barbara Gordon. Every Thor thread on the battle forum would end in a couple of minutes if people pointed out that Thor has been KO'd at various times by bullets, a mortar round and a wooden mast falling on his head as some sort of definitive proof that he's not really impressive.

But like I said, I'm not really capable of engaging this thread in greater detail at the moment.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By bigcimmerian

@bigcimmerian: Nazi has also tanked nukes and stalemated Black Adam and Captain Marvel. If we're really bringing up low showings and bad writing, then one of the absolute smartest people on the planet (or hell, in the multiverse) called Hercules a dumb brawler who only knows how to punch things; ergo Thor admitting that Herc is the better H2H combatant is........I actually don't know a level for combat competency in comics below "dumb brawler" other than maybe "paraplegic", but even then there's Barbara Gordon. Every Thor thread on the battle forum would end in a couple of minutes if people pointed out that Thor has been KO'd at various times by bullets, a mortar round and a wooden mast falling on his head as some sort of definitive proof that he's not really impressive.

But like I said, I'm not really capable of engaging this thread in greater detail at the moment.

And Wonder Woman was one shotted by Batman :P Sorry for Captain Nazi I didn't know he tanked nukes, only showings about him that I read are Infinite Crisis and Under the Hood, but according to his wikipedia he's Black Adam level. Herc has many times showed his H2H skill, but I admit they are nothing compared to let's say Wolverine's and Batman's feats.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman because I see skill feats for her normal and depowered. And dont see any for Thor.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@etinarcadiaego: I think Razz answered this as well as anyone could.

And Wonder Woman was one shotted by Batman :P

In what context? I missed this. Do you have the scan or issue number? I gotta see this lol

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you think it's not PIS? They are human after all, peak human one shotting monster that was beating Superboy lol.

To be fair, If they were in real life, WW would either be under the safe body fat threshold or skin and bones, and thor would be massively obese. Not really fair to compare that kind of nonsense to the real world.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

called Hercules a dumb brawler who only knows how to punch things; ergo Thor admitting that Herc is the better H2H combatant is........

Its partly a nod to mythology given that Hercules more or less invents H2H combat (humans being above animals and all - Gilgamesh does the same thing) and a reference to how Hercules usually fights his more brutish opponents, Hulk, Thor and even the Sentry included - less about brawn and more about witt / skill. Hell according to him the Hulk has some measure of notable fighting ability as he uses his muscles to flex opponents off him and Hercules sees that.

Every Thor thread on the battle forum would end in a couple of minutes if people pointed out that Thor has been KO'd at various times by bullets, a mortar round and a wooden mast falling on his head as some sort of definitive proof that he's not really impressive.

Doubtful. And considering the character has been in active for about 50 years - a handful of low-ends from writers that either don't know much about the character, don't care much for consistency (Wolverine VS Thor) or are over zealous Black Panther writers / plot-vibranium bullets - isn't all that bad considering. They're certainly not what writers like Aaron keep in mind when writing the character as someone that can bust planets smacking Gorr in the face, put planets back together, get knocked around a star-system or even endure tortured for seventeen-days and still break free to cleave his opponent arm off. (If he does, then he doesn't seem to agree with that depiction).

Even this perception of him being a pure brute despite the recurring theme of a 'warrior-born' that shows resourcefullness in a fight / easily man-handles beings that are (or should be) his physical equal (Thunderstrike when he came Asgard). Don't get more I can understand your resentment of the character likely having debated a lot of Thor fans (or BRB fans, I certainly remember those threads talking with you), but it just isn't being fair to the character focusing on low-ends throughout the years and trying to apply them to how the character currently is depicted.

At the end of the day those low-ends just aren't anywhere near being consistent with the character no matter how we slice it. He's got more showings where bullets don't phase him (or rain that hits as hard as magnum bullets in Secret Wars), taking explosive / blunt force shots tremendously potent than a ship's mass falling on him or whatever else you might have in mind that you seem to focus on to define you opinion of the character.

Just sayin

It still brought me here and color me shocked.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Saren

Even this perception of him being a pure brute despite the recurring theme of a 'warrior-born' that shows resourcefullness in a fight / easily man-handles beings that are (or should be) his physical equal (Thunderstrike when he came Asgard). Don't get more I can understand your resentment of the character likely having debated a lot of Thor fans (or BRB fans, I certainly remember those threads talking with you), but it just isn't being fair to the character focusing on low-ends throughout the years and trying to apply them to how the character currently is depicted.

At the end of the day those low-ends just aren't anywhere near being consistent with the character no matter how we slice it. He's got more showings where bullets don't phase him (or rain that hits as hard as magnum bullets in Secret Wars), taking explosive / blunt force shots tremendously potent than a ship's mass falling on him or whatever else you might have in mind that you seem to focus on to define you opinion of the character.

Just sayin

Yeah, I don't think you actually understood any part of what I said to BigCimmerian.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By bigcimmerian

@gambler said:

@bigcimmerian said:

In what context? I missed this. Do you have the scan or issue number? I gotta see this lol

Yup, courtesy of CitizenBane

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@gambler said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Yup, courtesy of CitizenBane

Now thats interesting. Not to dismiss it but it seems to be a contradiction of sorts. In one breath her invulnerability shatters Batman's knuckles while in the next its seemingly helpless against his foot :P With the green gas or smoke floating in the background it reminds me of the Hulk gut kick...almost the same narrative too. Good looking out on the scans man, never seen those before :)

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#138  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What the hell? Mods participate in battles and get to bully regular users on this forum? What kind of moderation is that? Is that a regular stuff or is it only this Bane guy? I'd like to have the other mods opinion about this please.

@deranged_midget@razzatazz@gambler@aztek_the_lost@mercy_

Opinion: It's pretty great.

@bigcimmerian: If we're really bringing up low showings and bad writing, then one of the absolute smartest people on the planet (or hell, in the multiverse) called Hercules a dumb brawler who only knows how to punch things; ergo Thor admitting that Herc is the better H2H combatant is........I actually don't know a level for combat competency in comics below "dumb brawler" other than maybe "paraplegic", but even then there's Barbara Gordon.

Hi-larious

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: Out of curiosity I tried tracking down the issue for those scans. Batman Confidential #53. I know that in issue #54 he was suffering from withdrawal of a drug that gave him actual superpowers. Havent read 53 yet but its possible he was actually juiced up during that brawl which would at least allow for some suspension of disbelief.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll say it again. WW wins casually in h2h.

EtinArcadiaEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

@bigcimmerian said:

As I have said, Citizen Bane was not even talking to me but to a poor guy (Green Skaar) who got mocked, treated like a child with a more than dubious sense of humour and then Bane publicly rejoiced when the other guy decided to leave the thread because he was tired of this smug treatment.

I tend to believe that no matter the website, a moderator should always be someone neutral who keeps an exemplary behaviour and remains polite and benevolent under all circumstances. Trying to weigh in the debate, being cynical, and dissing users quite doesn't fit the requirements according to me. Now, the customs may be different around here. I have asked in any case because I always think that when you witness something bad in progress if you don't raise your voice, you're just condoning the bad behaviour.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etinarcadiaego: My only solution would be for you (or Green Skaar) to address the situation in a PM with Staff. Mods have always participated in the debates and threads and sometimes a post may come across as cynical or a diss without it being intentional. I didnt see the rejoicing post, just the one you quoted for us to see. Sorry.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambler said:

@bigcimmerian said:

Bane publicly rejoiced when the other guy decided to leave the thread because he was tired of this smug treatment.

Just to be clear, this is the post that led you to believe I was "rejoicing"?

Cool.

Really? You inferred all sorts of behavioral tendencies from one word?

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor

EtinArcadiaEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By EtinArcadiaEgo

Just to be clear, this is the post that led you to believe I was "rejoicing"?

@citizenbane said:

Cool.

Really? You inferred all sorts of behavioral tendencies from one word?

Hypocritical.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

rcranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By rcranium

Even depowered Thor weighs over 600 lbs. Thor is thousands of years old and has been fighting the whole time, even prior to receiving Mjolnir. Are you taking away his fighting experience which is 10s if not 100s of times greater? How old is WW exactly? Thors wins the vast majority. You guys have obviously never watched or been in a real fight. Unless the big guy has no skill whatsoever, size and mass almost always win a fight. Btw, he'll be ready for dirty shots (nads) and nerve strikes.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanet62 said:

skills allow fighters in comics to beat stronger opponents,diana is a much better fighter than thor,and that is a fact,she beats him.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By gokuwarrior

@nobody134 said:

@tanet62 said:

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@etinarcadiaego said:

@tanet62 said:

He-llo.

Thor via pure physicality. Diana without superspeed or strength versus Thor or Hercules is getting owned. End of story.

skills over strength,and thor has no super powers here,he is going down,diana is a much better fighter than him,batman,lady shiva,they all beat people stronger based on pure fighting skills,they outfight their opponents,diana will outfight thor.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck said:
@nobody134 said:

@tanet62 said:

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@etinarcadiaego said:

@tanet62 said:

He-llo.

skills over strength,and thor has no super powers here,he is going down,diana is a much better fighter than him,batman,lady shiva,they all beat people stronger based on pure fighting skills,they outfight their opponents,diana will outfight thor.

Shiva, Batman and others beat much stronger opponents yes, but skill of their opponents is non existant. Thor is several thousands years old and he's Asgard's god of war. He has shown less skill then Diana, but skill gap between 2 of them is not enough to grant victory to Diana.