This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NoBody134 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Depowered

No equipment

Straight hand to hand martial arts and nothing more.

Who will win?

#2 Posted by Thanofleeze (3153 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Wonder Woman and here's why. Thor has battled for millenniabut is used to fighting with Mjolnir and lightning attacks.

Diana, although armed with a sword and a rope, usually uses her hands to brawl. I also think her attitude gives her the edge, but it could really go either way.

#3 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman stomps.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (43663 posts) - - Show Bio

WW takes a slim majority.

Online
#5 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in 99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Cooldes (4138 posts) - - Show Bio

who are these people? i've never seen this battle done before..

character feats?

#7 Posted by Pokeysteve (8416 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

Summed up nice and quick with a slightly hostile undertone.

#8 Posted by xlab3000 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#9 Posted by JwwProd (10055 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean that Thor doesn't have his hammer?

If so then Wonder Woman should win she's faster.

Online
#10 Posted by Pope052 (3337 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwwprod:

Both are completely depowered, meaning regular human speed for both unless specified.

Diana should win regardless as she has the notable skill in fighting.

#11 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by patrat18 (10169 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a depowered Wonder Woman once sparred with Batman and beat him. I think it should be enough to beat Thor.

#14 Posted by NICK31898 (2180 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a depowered Wonder Woman once sparred with Batman and beat him. I think it should be enough to beat Thor.

Batman probably was holding back....haha jk.

#15 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#16 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman stomps Thor

#17 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman for the majority.

@the_red_viper said:

I think a depowered Wonder Woman once sparred with Batman and beat him. I think it should be enough to beat Thor.

Probably PIS just saying, Batman's one of the best martial artists in the DCU, Wonder Woman's not that good, personally it feels like she relies a lot more than her powers when fighting, although she does incorporate SOME fighting skills. I'm definitely not trying to underrate her but she's definitely not that good if you can see where I'm cuming from.

#18 Posted by logy5000 (5928 posts) - - Show Bio

Just h2h? Diana should take this casually.

#19 Edited by dondave (38504 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman with ease

#20 Edited by SheenLantern (6793 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by RogueShadow (11116 posts) - - Show Bio

WW would dominate him. Thor's a brawler, WW is a legitimately highly skilled MA.

#23 Posted by desmond006 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

WW takes this one. Her skill level is too high.

#24 Edited by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor roflstomps her.

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (19257 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is far better trained than Thor.

Online
#26 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#28 Edited by Bezza (3723 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, are people under-estimating Thor? Didn't he once give captain America a good battle when he was de-powered and in the Thor movie, when fully human, he took out a team of special forces guys just using hand to hand skills. I appreciate that the comics often have him looking like a brute, but he has been a warrior all his life. Not too mention the obvious fact that if they both have no super-powers, Thor is simply a whole lot bigger and in most fights where both combatants have had some training, the bigger guy will usually win. I think he gives WW a good scrap here.

#29 Posted by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

Hmm, are people under-estimating Thor? Didn't he once give captain America a good battle when he was de-powered and in the Thor movie, when fully human, he took out a team of special forces guys just using hand to hand skills. I appreciate that the comics often have him looking like a brute, but he has been a warrior all his life. Not too mention the obvious fact that if they both have no super-powers, Thor is simply a whole lot bigger and in most fights where both combatants have had some training, the bigger guy will usually win. I think he gives WW a good scrap here.

Movie feats don't count (unless using movie versions obviously) and in a battle of pure skill, as much as i hate to say it, WW beats thor 10/10

- Pip

#30 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

#31 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

#33 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

That and a quarter will buy you a batch of stamps. Or not, I don't know how the American postage system works these days.

Cass has one-shotted a monster that was beating up Superboy. Shiva has beaten Killer Croc to a pulp with her bare hands. Croc is an 8-foot-tall five tonner who can't be hurt by a shotgun blast at point blank range. Catwoman has chumped Blockbuster, a ten tonner, with nothing but her fists and a whip.

All three of those women have obliterated brutes much stronger and tougher than a depowered Thor. You not knowing what any of them have done doesn't change the fact that they've done it.

Thor gets stomped every single time. He doesn't have a fraction of Diana's skill.

Moderator
#34 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

#35 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, seriously. People actually think Lady Shiva would have any trouble beating someone because he's "6'6, 630 lbs and ripped as f**k"? Lady Shiva?

Moderator
#36 Edited by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

That and a quarter will buy you a batch of stamps. Or not, I don't know how the American postage system works these days.

Cass has one-shotted a monster that was beating up Superboy. Shiva has beaten Killer Croc to a pulp with her bare hands. Croc is an 8-foot-tall five tonner who can't be hurt by a shotgun blast at point blank range. Catwoman has chumped Blockbuster, a ten tonner, with nothing but her fists and a whip.

All three of those women have obliterated brutes much stronger and tougher than a depowered Thor. You not knowing what any of them have done doesn't change the fact that they've done it.

Thor gets stomped every single time. He doesn't have a fraction of Diana's skill.

And you think it's not PIS? They are human after all, peak human one shotting monster that was beating Superboy lol.

#37 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

You're kidding, right? Thor has been fighting like a brute for thousands of years. There is literally no way to honestly argue that he is even remotely as consistent and skilled a fighter as Diana. And you're really using the idea that there are weight classes in real-world combat sports to justify Thor winning a fight against Diana? In comic books? Killer Croc has about a ton on a petite asian woman like Lady Shiva, all of which is muscle that's a lot thicker and tougher than Thor's, and Croc still got humiliated in under a minute. Comics do not work like real life. They never have.

Moderator
#38 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@the_red_viper said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Now how the hell do you know how strong a depowered Thor is?

Diana's skill is better than Thor's. And small women with skill can take down big brutes, that happens all the time (Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Catwoman...)

Common sense man, he is 6'6 and 630 lbs and he's ripped as f**k. Cass, Shiva and Catwoman have never defeated any brute on Thor's depowered level.

That and a quarter will buy you a batch of stamps. Or not, I don't know how the American postage system works these days.

Cass has one-shotted a monster that was beating up Superboy. Shiva has beaten Killer Croc to a pulp with her bare hands. Croc is an 8-foot-tall five tonner who can't be hurt by a shotgun blast at point blank range. Catwoman has chumped Blockbuster, a ten tonner, with nothing but her fists and a whip.

All three of those women have obliterated brutes much stronger and tougher than a depowered Thor. You not knowing what any of them have done doesn't change the fact that they've done it.

Thor gets stomped every single time. He doesn't have a fraction of Diana's skill.

And you think it's not PIS? They are human after all, peak human one shotting monster that was beating Superboy lol.

I think the word you're looking for is "comic books". Good luck continuing to argue that real world physical capabilities are going to matter in a fight between two characters from a medium where real world physical capabilities have literally no weight at all.

Moderator
#39 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

#40 Edited by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

You should care. Your entire argument comes down to "Wow, Thor's really big and he weighs a lot more than Diana, so the fact that she's a lot more skilled than he is will give him the win, despite the fact that both characters exist in a medium where skill has always been given precedence over physical characteristics". I added the last part in a vain attempt to make your argument seem more sensible than it is, so cut me some slack on that front. The reason I mentioned Lady Shiva and Killer Croc here is because they present a very nice parallel to your exact argument, which is that Thor's sizable physical advantage is going to overcome Diana's sizable skill advantage. I'm saying Croc had an even bigger advantage against Shiva and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Blockbuster had an even bigger advantage against Catwoman and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Batman one-shotting multi-tonners with a nerve strike is 100% the result of superior skill prevailing over superior physicals.

I'm saying that these are comics, the very medium you're highlighting to give your statements about how Wonder Woman wins fights some credence, and in comics the more skilled opponent always beats the opponent who's physically superior but deficient in skill, unless the physical advantage is some Batman vs Superman type deal, which is most decidedly not the case here. Look it up.

Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

Moderator
#41 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

Well my participation is ending in this thread, when Mods make straw men, even admit to doing so, but do so any ways, no point wasting any more time. Laters!

#42 Posted by Saren (25899 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

Moderator
#43 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

The reason Thor wins in comics is his strength, speed, weather control and all his other powers. Take his powers away and you're left with a brute who isn't half as skilled as Wonder Woman in combat.

No matter how big you are. If you're up against someone with actual skill, you're going down. Muai-Thai fighters are thinner than a piece of toast and they can still hospitalize every muscular thug that has no skill whatsoever.

#44 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5130 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor sends WW to the kitchen to make him a sandwich.

Online
#45 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

The reason Thor wins in comics is his strength, speed, weather control and all his other powers. Take his powers away and you're left with a brute who isn't half as skilled as Wonder Woman in combat.

No matter how big you are. If you're up against someone with actual skill, you're going down. Mua-Thai fighters are thinner than a piece of toast and they can still hospitalize every muscular thug that has no skill whatsoever.

So by your logic Bruce Lee would beat Brock Lesnar, Batista and Fedor? Theu are much bigger and stronger than Bruce, but they are also very skilled.

Take away Thor's powers and you would still have very good street level hero, same situation is with Hercules now.

#46 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: you're so full of it, but you're gone anyway so cool.....

WW stomps, will I or will I not show feats of depowered unarmed wonder woman training under master I Ching and kicking the asses of armored undead who are armed with axes and swords...

#47 Posted by Odinsonnn (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor brawling hand to hand is not his best bet. Though he's worn out Hulk before (hand to hand) he shouldn't be trying to duke it out with WW.

#48 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people are bringing up RL when it is virtually impossible for someone to weigh over 600 pounds and most of it, if not all being pure muscle.

The argument, is pure nonsense and any debater worth their weight in chocolate would see that it's nonsense.

Wonder Woman godstomps Thor each and every time. Twice today seeing how it is Sunday.

#49 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:skills matters much more than how much you weight,diana is not going to try to lift thor,she is going to use martial art moves to take him down and thor hasn't fighting skills anywhere near diana's level.

#50 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people are bringing up RL when it is virtually impossible for someone to weigh over 600 pounds and most of it, if not all being pure muscle.

The argument, is pure nonsense and any debater worth their weight in chocolate would see that it's nonsense.

Wonder Woman godstomps Thor each and every time. Twice today seeing how it is Sunday.

Then people should not make depowered Thor battles. His official bio says he's 630 lbs. It's because of his super dense muscles.

@green_skaar: you're so full of it, but you're gone anyway so cool.....

WW stomps, will I or will I not show feats of depowered unarmed wonder woman training under master I Ching and kicking the asses of armored undead who are armed with axes and swords...

Show them.