This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30360 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: And that is my point, RL and comics does not mix with each other....

#52 Posted by Rex_the_Rebel99 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Thor is a skilled hand to hand combatant and is probably the most skilled of the Avengers other than Captain America and Hawk-eye i have to say Wonder Woman because she never gives up a fight and she was bred for battle.

#53 Posted by BigCimmerian (10044 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Thor is a skilled hand to hand combatant and is probably the most skilled of the Avengers other than Captain America and Hawk-eye i have to say Wonder Woman because she never gives up a fight and she was bred for battle.

Are you joking?

#54 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:depowered means human,so nothing super about thor in this one,and again,skills matters much more than how much you weight,diana is not going to try to lift thor,she is going to use martial art moves to take him down and thor hasn't fighting skills anywhere near diana's level.

some skills feats from diana.

now some skill feats from depowered diana.

#55 Edited by entropy_aegis (15980 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:
@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

The reason Thor wins in comics is his strength, speed, weather control and all his other powers. Take his powers away and you're left with a brute who isn't half as skilled as Wonder Woman in combat.

No matter how big you are. If you're up against someone with actual skill, you're going down. Mua-Thai fighters are thinner than a piece of toast and they can still hospitalize every muscular thug that has no skill whatsoever.

So by your logic Bruce Lee would beat Brock Lesnar, Batista and Fedor? Theu are much bigger and stronger than Bruce, but they are also very skilled.

Take away Thor's powers and you would still have very good street level hero, same situation is with Hercules now.

Lesnar and Fedor? we're talking comics,the same ones where a kid like Damian was mauling Tigers,Sharks and Man-Bats by the age of 10.

#56 Posted by XiiX (10575 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:depowered means human,so nothing super about thor in this one,and again,skills matters much more than how much you weight,diana is not going to try to lift thor,she is going to use martial art moves to take him down and thor hasn't fighting skills anywhere near diana's level.

some skills feats from diana.

now some skill feats from depowered diana.

In most of those scans she is using weapons

just sayin'

#58 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: PSSSHHHHHHHH ninja please, you must be trippin....

Na im joking..i got em...

I-Ching feats are canon due to the last scan showing their training with the same outfit with I-Ching in the monitor and that I-Ching was still an important figure in Wonder Woman's martial arts training and in DC in general.

Here's the fight with the Undead warriors...she started out completely unarmed but grabbed a weapon after the fact.

Some more powerless tidbits

Eat your heart out

#59 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4688 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: She's still going toe to toe with the likes of Black Canary and showing more skill than Thor ever did.

#60 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: show me thor using any skill without a weapon...till then, eat it.

#61 Posted by Lvenger (23135 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually disappointing to see people think Thor actually has a chance in this fight as he does in a powered one. Without powers, all Thor is a brute with the occasional non conforming skill showing. Diana has consistently shown incredible martial artist skills whilst powered and depowered. She cleans Thor's clock here. Jeez the lack of logic and sense from people I talk with on here is very disconcerting.

#62 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

It's actually disappointing to see people think Thor actually has a chance in this fight as he does in a powered one. Without powers, all Thor is a brute with the occasional non conforming skill showing. Diana has consistently shown incredible martial artist skills whilst powered and depowered. She cleans Thor's clock here. Jeez the lack of logic and sense from people I talk with on here is very disconcerting.

Also even depowered Wonder Woman would still have low level Superhuman stats, as do all Amazonians

#63 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: there's a feat where she's compared as being faster than lightning, while depowerd

#64 Posted by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say anything about thor beating WW, i only said that most of your scans were useless, which they are.

Stop being an asshole.

@nobody134: She's still going toe to toe with the likes of Black Canary and showing more skill than Thor ever did.

Same goes for you, except the asshole part

#65 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: so you couldn't find a damn thing huh....what a surprise

#66 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4688 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: Look at the ones with Red Robin for example. It's more than anything Thor's ever shown, skill-wise.

#67 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say anything about thor beating WW, i only said that most of your scans were useless, which they are.

Stop being an asshole.

in most of my scans she's fighting unarmed......she was unarmed when she took out that crowd of people and blocked a bullet....lol so what, am I an asshole cus I'm right? or am I an asshole cus you're wrong....take your pick

#68 Edited by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

@nobody134: Look at the ones with Red Robin for example. It's more than anything Thor's ever shown, skill-wise.

@ancient_0f_days said:

@nobody134: so you couldn't find a damn thing huh....what a surprise

Are you guys for real?

so far i didn't take any stand in this fight what so ever, i also told you that i don't have an opinion on this matter, and yet you proceed as if i am arguing with you.

The only statement that i made was that those scans for the most part were melee fighting and not h2h combat.

@ancient_0f_days said:
@nobody134 said:

Stop being an asshole.

in most of my scans she's fighting unarmed......she was unarmed when she took out that crowd of people and blocked a bullet....lol so what, am I an asshole cus I'm right? or am I an asshole cus you're wrong....take your pick

oh, i was addressing gokuwarrior's scans, not yours.

i thought you were him since you answered me

#69 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: You were acting like there weren't or aren't valid h2h feats in there and I proved you wrong by not only pointing out 4 out of the 13 scans @gokuwarrior: showed where she was unarmed (he wasn't trying to show unarmed feats specifically, that post was meant for skill and Thor has shown none of it) but by showing my own 10 out of 14 scans of pure unarmed h2h fighting as well (and I have more). I know you were saying that most of them she had weapons (yes most of us saw that too, we aren't blind) but we also saw that he wasn't focused of the fact that this is an unarmed battle, his post was based on skill and skill alone, so you were completely wrong anyway and made a completely irrelevant post. I pointed out that Thor doesn't have a damn skill feat to his name so trying to act like Wonder Woman doesn't have legit feats is bull, also remember who you're talking to.....now once again....

@ancient_0f_days said:

@nobody134 said:

Stop being an asshole.

#70 Posted by r2datu (805 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@citizenbane: nope not kidding. Thor stomps WW, hard. The reason WW wins in comics is her powers (speed, strength, durability) and skill. She no longer has her powers, only skill, which will not be enough.

This isn't between Killer Croc and Lady Shiva, so don't care what they have done in the past.

You should care. Your entire argument comes down to "Wow, Thor's really big and he weighs a lot more than Diana, so the fact that she's a lot more skilled than he is will give him the win, despite the fact that both characters exist in a medium where skill has always been given precedence over physical characteristics". I added the last part in a vain attempt to make your argument seem more sensible than it is, so cut me some slack on that front. The reason I mentioned Lady Shiva and Killer Croc here is because they present a very nice parallel to your exact argument, which is that Thor's sizable physical advantage is going to overcome Diana's sizable skill advantage. I'm saying Croc had an even bigger advantage against Shiva and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Blockbuster had an even bigger advantage against Catwoman and lost precisely because he wasn't anywhere near as skilled. I'm saying Batman one-shotting multi-tonners with a nerve strike is 100% the result of superior skill prevailing over superior physicals.

I'm saying that these are comics, the very medium you're highlighting to give your statements about how Wonder Woman wins fights some credence, and in comics the more skilled opponent always beats the opponent who's physically superior but deficient in skill, unless the physical advantage is some Batman vs Superman type deal, which is most decidedly not the case here. Look it up.

Claiming you don't care about that example or others like it is really just tantamount to admitting that you know your own argument is completely nonsensical, but just don't care that it is. Sure, you could say I'm putting words in your mouth, but you more or less let me with that statement.

I literally made an account on this website just to say that this was the most hilariously brutal deconstruction and DESTRUCTION of an argument that I have read in a long time.

You quantifiable, objectively won that exchange and I'm still chuckling. Well done.

#71 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu: basically the sum of just about everything he does on this site, period...well put

#72 Edited by Saren (26582 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Edited by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

never mind

#74 Edited by Wolverine08 (47862 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying Thor wins, but he is more skilled then people here are giving him credit for.

#75 Posted by Cgoodness (9391 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: agreed, he was fighting in wars before the majority of both dc and marvel characters were even born.

#76 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:he still hasn't the fighting skills that wonder woman has,which is the reason why he can't win this.

#77 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness:he still hasn't the fighting skills that wonder woman has,which is the reason why he can't win this.

#78 Edited by dondave (39827 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: agreed, he was fighting in wars before the majority of both dc and marvel characters were even born.

Fighting longer doesn't automatically make you better if you don't have feats to show for it. Ra's Al Ghul is over 600 years old but no one would say he an equal to Bruce in skill.

#79 Posted by Cgoodness (9391 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I'll get back to you when I get wifi for my laptop

#80 Posted by Wolverine08 (47862 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@cgoodness said:

Fighting longer doesn't automatically make you better if you don't have feats to show for it. Ra's Al Ghul is over 600 years old but no one would say he an equal to Bruce in skill.

True. I don't think Thor is as skilled as Diana, but people don't give his skill enough credit IMO.

#81 Posted by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4688 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by patrat18 (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

So true.

#85 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: You were acting like there weren't or aren't valid h2h feats in there and I proved you wrong by not only pointing out 4 out of the 13 scans @gokuwarrior: showed where she was unarmed (he wasn't trying to show unarmed feats specifically, that post was meant for skill and Thor has shown none of it) but by showing my own 10 out of 14 scans of pure unarmed h2h fighting as well (and I have more). I know you were saying that most of them she had weapons (yes most of us saw that too, we aren't blind) but we also saw that he wasn't focused of the fact that this is an unarmed battle, his post was based on skill and skill alone, so you were completely wrong anyway and made a completely irrelevant post. I pointed out that Thor doesn't have a damn skill feat to his name so trying to act like Wonder Woman doesn't have legit feats is bull, also remember who you're talking to.....now once again....

@ancient_0f_days said:

@nobody134 said:

Stop being an asshole.

I think that part is what made you an asshole, not your arguments' correctness.

#86 Posted by DrunkVader (813 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#87 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@drunkvader:sorry but thor's skills aren't on wonder woman's level.

#88 Posted by BigCimmerian (10044 posts) - - Show Bio

But he's much stronger, more durable and much bigger. He's also not some random brute like Killer Croc, he's skilled in combat.

#89 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianxeno929: I told him to eat it (his words) cus he was wrong...either way, him not knowing the difference between someone just showing combat skill (all around) and H2H skill is hilarious. He was trying to act like only a few of those scans were relevant, it was just to show off skill overall and he tried to talk like it was nothing. If he wants to talk like that, then I'll do the same for Thor who has little to no feats of skill and even less feats of hand to hand skill. He wasn't even making any kind of valid point, he was nit-picking...so if he wants to act childish and sling names, he should look in the mirror before saying em.

#90 Posted by oceanmaster21 (10906 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

But he's much stronger, more durable and much bigger. He's also not some random brute like Killer Croc, he's skilled in combat.

he is not much stronger or durable,he is a normal human without his powers,and she can totally own him with superior fighting skills,he can and will be hurt by her strikes,he is nowhere near as skilled as she is.

#92 Posted by ZhuRong (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

Skills and Speed > Strength

#93 Edited by spiderbuck (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Thor stomps her through the ground.

#94 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

I missed the "depowered" part. There is a reason there are weight classes and gender classes in combat sports. Sorry WW no matter how good she is isn't going to make up the nearly 500lb weight difference, which is muscle, not fat. Let's remember, despite Thor often brawling, he's not some noob fighter, he's been fighting for thousands of years.

@bigcimmerian said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

Really? Thor absolutely destroys her here. We have depowered martial artist female who is 6'0 and 140 lbs, and on the other side depowered asgardian god of war who is 6'6 and 630 lbs lol. She's just not strong enough to hurt him, she is much more skilled I know, but in this fight he will use his skill, because there is no Mjolnir and no powers in this fight, so he will not fight as some brute. Diana could probably take 1 or 2 fights out of 10, but it would be only because Thor will probably underestimate her. Much stronger and durable guy who is also skilled in fighting would beat the hell out of martial artist who is female and much weaker than him.

Thor stomps her through the ground.

thor hasn't the skills wonder woman has,they are regular humans here,she stomps him,she has much more fighting skills.

#95 Posted by gokuwarrior (4399 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman stomps.

#96 Posted by cooljammy18 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

Summed up nice and quick with a slightly hostile undertone.

Hostile but necessary in getting the point across. Agreed with everything said.

#97 Posted by Pipxeroth (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane I hope i can debate as well as you someday :3

- Pip

#98 Posted by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@

@asgardianxeno929: I told him to eat it (his words) cus he was wrong...either way, him not knowing the difference between someone just showing combat skill (all around) and H2H skill is hilarious. He was trying to act like only a few of those scans were relevant, it was just to show off skill overall and he tried to talk like it was nothing. If he wants to talk like that, then I'll do the same for Thor who has little to no feats of skill and even less feats of hand to hand skill. He wasn't even making any kind of valid point, he was nit-picking...so if he wants to act childish and sling names, he should look in the mirror before saying em.

. . .

that sums it up, you are a troll

#99 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: So, am I a troll because I'm right? Or am I a troll because you're wrong?

#100 Posted by NoBody134 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: So, am I a troll because I'm right? Or am I a troll because you're wrong?

You are a troll because of the fact that you assume that i was arguing with you about who will win the fight, and also because you contradict yourself about your defenition of combat skill.

he wasn't focused of the fact that this is an unarmed battle, his post was based on skill and skill alone

h2h combat has nothing to do with skills with weapons, only 2 of the 6 feats there were relevant to this fight (i am sure that one of those feats was done by donna rather than by WW herself tho), the point that i made i completely valid, most of those feats were useless in this fight.

there isn't much to say here, there's hardly a place for me to be wrong in that statement of mine.

but that's not the reason behind the fact that you are trolling.