This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by godzilla44 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

how is this still going on WW stomps

#152 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:
@nobody134 said:

@tanet62 said:

Nope sorry, Diana wins in pure H2H.

She's is far superior than him in this area, everyone knows this, I don't even know why there's any argument for this.

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@etinarcadiaego said:

@tanet62 said:

She's is far superior than him in this area, everyone knows this, I don't even know why there's any argument for this.

Because H2H includes wrestling, and when a guy of Thor's corpulence wrestles a girl of Diana's corpulence, you obtain princess jam. Unless the amazon can keep him out of grabbing distance the whole fight, she'll end up looking like a squashed burrito in a star spangled boxer short.

He-llo.

Thor via pure physicality. Diana without superspeed or strength versus Thor or Hercules is getting owned. End of story.

skills over strength,and thor has no super powers here,he is going down,diana is a much better fighter than him,batman,lady shiva,they all beat people stronger based on pure fighting skills,they outfight their opponents,diana will outfight thor.

Shiva, Batman and others beat much stronger opponents yes, but skill of their opponents is non existant. Thor is several thousands years old and he's Asgard's god of war. He has shown less skill then Diana, but skill gap between 2 of them is not enough to grant victory to Diana.

no,thor has never shown skills near diana's level,thousands of years he has and yet,he is a brawler in 95% of his fights thorough the years,thor knopws pressure points and so does diana,but diana is a true martial artist,we can't say the same for thor,so diana wins this without a doubt.

#153 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@rcranium said:

Even depowered Thor weighs over 600 lbs. Thor is thousands of years old and has been fighting the whole time, even prior to receiving Mjolnir. Are you taking away his fighting experience which is 10s if not 100s of times greater? How old is WW exactly? Thors wins the vast majority. You guys have obviously never watched or been in a real fight. Unless the big guy has no skill whatsoever, size and mass almost always win a fight. Btw, he'll be ready for dirty shots (nads) and nerve strikes.

thor has never shown skills near diana's level,thousands of years he has and yet he is a brawler in 95% of his fights thorough the years,thor knows pressure points and so does diana,but diana is a true martial artist,we can't say the same for thor,so diana wins this without a doubt.

#154 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit: that's not who I meant to quote.

Thor whoops that a**.

#155 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

thor loses,thor has never shown skills near diana's level,thousands of years he has and yet,he is a brawler in 95% of his fights thorough the years,thor knopws pressure points and so does diana,but diana is a true martial artist,we can't say the same for thor,so diana wins this without a doubt.

#156 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

thor loses,the better fighter wins in a fight like this,and that is wonder woman.

#157 Posted by God_Spawn (37569 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: I was originally kidding when I posted that, but no one ever followed up on it when I had some interest in games. Wonder Woman is a far better fighter than Thor.

#158 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:
@nobody134 said:

@tanet62 said:

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@etinarcadiaego said:

@tanet62 said:

Because H2H includes wrestling, and when a guy of Thor's corpulence wrestles a girl of Diana's corpulence, you obtain princess jam. Unless the amazon can keep him out of grabbing distance the whole fight, she'll end up looking like a squashed burrito in a star spangled boxer short.

He-llo.

Thor via pure physicality. Diana without superspeed or strength versus Thor or Hercules is getting owned. End of story.

skills over strength,and thor has no super powers here,he is going down,diana is a much better fighter than him,batman,lady shiva,they all beat people stronger based on pure fighting skills,they outfight their opponents,diana will outfight thor.

Shiva, Batman and others beat much stronger opponents yes, but skill of their opponents is non existant. Thor is several thousands years old and he's Asgard's god of war. He has shown less skill then Diana, but skill gap between 2 of them is not enough to grant victory to Diana.

no,thor has never shown skills near diana's level,thousands of years he has and yet,he is a brawler in 95% of his fights thorough the years,thor knopws pressure points and so does diana,but diana is a true martial artist,we can't say the same for thor,so diana wins this without a doubt.

I already told you that he's not as skilled as Diana, but he wins because he's bigger, stronger, more durable and still skilled enough to fight her.

#159 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: he loses because he is nowhere near her skills,stronger?,he is completely depowered here,and raw strength doesn't matter anyway,diana will own him with martial art moves,he is a brawler,she is a martial artist,didn't you see that article in the news paper where an 80 years old woman defeated a young robber that was bigger and heavier than her?,how she did it?,the woman was a martial artist,so the strength and the weight of the robber were useless against somebody that was much more skillful.

#160 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: he loses because he is nowhere near her skills,stronger?,he is completely depowered here,and raw strength doesn't matter anyway,diana will own him with martial art moves,he is a brawler,she is a martial artist,didn't you see that article in the news paper where an 80 years old woman defeated a young robber that was bigger and heavier than her?,how she did it?,the woman was a martial artist,so the strength and the weight of the robber were useless against somebody that was much more skillful.

I know that he's completely depowered, but he's still 6'6 tall and 640 lbs monster lol. Even depowered he's probably stronger than Batman, and I didn't see that article about that old woman, pls show me.

#161 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

I know that he's completely depowered, but he's still 6'6 tall and 640 lbs monster lol. Even depowered he's probably stronger than Batman, and I didn't see that article about that old woman, pls show me.

raw doesn't matter,she will beat him with skills far superior to his,and the article about the old woman is from years ago fro argentina so i don't have it but it's not the only example in real life of people defeating other stronger opponents based on nskills alone.

#162 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@gokuwarrior said:

raw doesn't matter,she will beat him with skills far superior to his,and the article about the old woman is from years ago fro argentina so i don't have it but it's not the only example in real life of people defeating other stronger opponents based on nskills alone.

That criminal was not a trained fighter.

@gokuwarrior said:

Thor's size and strength win out here. Doesn't matter how great she can dance around and karate chop. Once hit from a behemoth like that and she's going down hard.

#163 Posted by NoBody134 (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:
@nobody134 said:

@tanet62 said:

There isn't

Sure ain't.

@etinarcadiaego said:

@tanet62 said:

He-llo.

in real life your logic would work, bruce lee could never hope to beat mike tyson, but in marvel and dc this kind of thinking does not hold any ground.

besides, thor has almost zero skill in hand to hand combat, even loki kicked his ass once.

#164 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by Theorder14 (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

WW takes the majority

#166 Posted by RisingBean (3812 posts) - - Show Bio

Way I see it is that Thor is gonna lay Diana out in a single punch.

It's just too bad he won't be able to actually land that punch.

#167 Posted by EtinArcadiaEgo (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134: It's true but Loki is no sissy when it comes to fighting viciously and aside from that, Thor is a very experienced wrestler, so unless WW can stay out of grabbing distance the whole time, she will go down.

Also I have seen several people using the "but that is the way comics are written" argument, while some other people on this very board have been whining at lengths that the point of view of the writers was irrelevant to the battle forums. So, what is the rule?

To be honest, even if we want to go by the "the best martial artist always wins logic", it is not always true: Spider-Man, Daredevil or Batman have all been overwhelmed and vanquished by enemies who were only just stronger and beefier than them with the usual "I got beaten unconscious in the first episode because I hadn't guessed how strong my opponent is, now round two will see me use my clever plan, see you next week" routine. I'm thinking about their battles against the Rhino, the Kingpin or Bane. The Juggernaut or the Hulk are other good examples of people who win through sheer strength against considerably more skilled people.

There is no doubt that WW is more skilled than Thor, but that difference in skill is not enough to keep her alive in an all out depowered battle in my opinion, unless she flees that is.

#168 Posted by NoBody134 (286 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134 said:

even loki kicked his ass once.

That's no slight to Thor, it's a testament to Loki's formidable skills.

i know that loki is skilled with weapons (thor is more skilled than him BTW) but this has nothing to do with h2h combat.

#169 Posted by r2datu (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at it this way. Catwoman, Huntress, Shiva, Batgirl, etc (pretty much EVERY female member of the Bat family) and Black Canary are all non powered (Canary, I'm saying on martial skill alone) and have taken down SUPERPOWERED foes with hand to hand alone. As in, foes who can bench press cars and trucks as well as trained fighters just as muscle bound and even more well trained than Thor (Shiva does this a lot in particular). Therefore, it has been proven REPEATEDLY that women with skills in martial arts can defeat both super powered enemies as well as much larger men with martial arts skills in the DC Universe. This is an indisputable fact.

Wonder Woman has been cited by Canary to be of comparable skill without her powers.

Now, going by logic, if women in the DC Universe can take down foes with super strength as well as much larger men with martial arts training (ninjas, League of Assassins, etc) then how can you logically say that Wonder Woman, one such woman with martial skill equal to or exceeding the likes of Catwoman and Huntress, lose against a larger opponent with higher physical strength but much lower martial skills?

#170 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

Look at it this way. Catwoman, Huntress, Shiva, Batgirl, etc (pretty much EVERY female member of the Bat family) and Black Canary are all non powered (Canary, I'm saying on martial skill alone) and have taken down SUPERPOWERED foes with hand to hand alone. As in, foes who can bench press cars and trucks as well as trained fighters just as muscle bound and even more well trained than Thor (Shiva does this a lot in particular). Therefore, it has been proven REPEATEDLY that women with skills in martial arts can defeat both super powered enemies as well as much larger men with martial arts skills in the DC Universe. This is an indisputable fact.

Wonder Woman has been cited by Canary to be of comparable skill without her powers.

Now, going by logic, if women in the DC Universe can take down foes with super strength as well as much larger men with martial arts training (ninjas, League of Assassins, etc) then how can you logically say that Wonder Woman, one such woman with martial skill equal to or exceeding the likes of Catwoman and Huntress, lose against a larger opponent with higher physical strength but much lower martial skills?

Because Thor will one shot her if he hit her. And he will definetely land some hits.

#171 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@r2datu said:

Because Thor will one shot her if he hit her. And he will definetely land some hits.

This or grapple her to death.

#172 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@nobody134 said:

thor won't one shotte her,lady shiva,batgirl,catwoman they all take hits from people stronger than them,so get your facts right,wonder woman is a much better fighter than him,she can dance around him all day,and her hits are more focues and that meand better damage,he has no way to win this.

#173 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

thor won't one shotte her,lady shiva,batgirl,catwoman they all take hits from people stronger than them,so get your facts right,wonder woman is a much better fighter than him,she can dance around him all day,and her hits are more focues and that meand better damage,he has no way to win this.

#174 Posted by r2datu (630 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

If those women I mentioned can sustain hits from super powered foes, how is Thor going to "one-shot" Wonder Woman even if he can hit her?

#175 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana's not taking a slim majority, she's stomping Thor into the ground with one hand tied behind her back. She is an actual martial artist. She fights with skill and finesse in99% of all her showings. Thor's strategy against 99% of his opponents is uniform: swing a hammer at them until there's nothing left to swing at. Once in a while, a writer will remember that Thor is supposed to be a warrior and will pay lip service to his alleged skill, usually in the form of a bout with someone like Hercules. A week later, a comic will come out where Hulk punches Thor's face in because Thor only knows how to fight like a halfwit brute. No Post-Crisis writer has ever forgotten that Diana is a martial artist.

This though I don't think she knows actual martial arts (like Kung Fu and stuff. I could be wrong)

#176 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@nobody134 said:

Yeah, I hear you. Thor whoops that a** for the reasons stated. Stay groovy.

#177 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:

@nobody134 said:

Yeah, I hear you. Thor whoops that a** for the reasons stated. Stay groovy.

no,diana destroys thor because she has much more skills and that is a real argument,one good placed martial art move can one shotte anybody,and diana is a true martial artist that also knows pressure points,and all this beats a brawler any time any place.

#178 Edited by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:

@nobody134 said:

Nope, Catwoman, Shiva, Batgirl would all be killed if someone like Bruce or Bane wanted to kill them. They are too weak to even ressist blows from someone of depowered Thor's level. One hit from depowered Thor means that Diana will have broken bones and fractured skull from one blow, and she can never hope to beat someone like him, she can dance around him and hit him all the time she wants but once he hits her it's over.

#179 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:

@nobody134 said:

Nope, Catwoman, Shiva, Batgirl would all be killed if someone like Bruce or Bane wanted to kill them. They are too weak to even ressist blows from someone of depowered Thor's level. One hit from depowered Thor means that Diana will have broken bones and fractured skull from one blow, and she can never hope to beat someone like him, she can dance around him and hit him all the time she wants but once he hits her it's over.

haha,good joke,batgirl and shive has taken hits from killer croc,a 10 tonner,and shiva has beat the crap out of batman before,so good joke,but let's come back to reality now,diana has far superior skills and knows pressure points,she destroys thor easily.

#180 Posted by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio
#181 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

i can't believe that thor fans argument for him is that he is heavier and stronger,please,batgirl,shiva,huntress beat people stronger than them all the time based on skills alone.

#182 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this silly battle still going on? Typical, to damn typical for threads like this.

Diana has this with no problem.

#183 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people still even think Thor has a chance against someone with consistently better H2H feats than he has?

#184 Edited by EtinArcadiaEgo (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

i can't believe that thor fans argument for him is that he is heavier and stronger,please,batgirl,shiva,huntress beat people stronger than them all the time based on skills alone.

It's far from being the only argument in favour of Thor (and I really am no fan of him). He is extremely far from being unskilled, he is even a master at wrestling. While depowered we have seen him fighting alongside with captain America and he managed to handle several opponents at the same time, so yes, it's obvious that the amazon is more skilled than he is, but no, in a depowered fight it is not enough for her to win, or even survive if he grabs her, which at one point he'll necessarily do.

The common argument we have read here for pages is " the better martial artist always win in comics". It is not right for two reasons: first the op seemed to want to make this fight as close as possible to real life conditions by depowering the contestants (albeit people as big as Thor are fortunately not real) and second, titles like Iron Fist, Daredevil, Batman or Spider Man are full of encounters where they get KO'ed during their first encounter with a very strong enemy despite their way superior skills.

The difference in skills here is just not enough to guarantee survival for Wonder Woman given the skill AND strength AND durability of her opponent.

#185 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@spiderbuck said:

@nobody134 said:

haha,good joke,batgirl and shive has taken hits from killer croc,a 10 tonner,and shiva has beat the crap out of batman before,so good joke,but let's come back to reality now,diana has far superior skills and knows pressure points,she destroys thor easily.

Do not use Croc in debates ever again, that moron was defeated by Harvey Dent and Tim Drake. Shiva was one shotted by Batman.

Same effect would have Thor's hit.

#186 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scenario WW takes the majority.

#187 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Really? You're actually using Loeb's PIS drivel of a fight as evidence? Loeb is the king of poor writing and it literally contradicts all the other feats of Shiva. Literally. Batman only beat her legitimately when Jason Todd distracted her and he went all out. Aside from that, Shiva has been portrayed as the very least of an equal to Batman in skill if not superior which she has proven herself to be many times. Don't use Loeb's PIS drivel as evidence for how fights would go since this is the same guy who wrote Supergirl to be more powerful than Superman somehow and then contradicted himself by having Superman say he could take her out at any time. This is the kind of writer we're dealing with.

#188 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@bigcimmerian: Really? You're actually using Loeb's PIS drivel of a fight as evidence? Loeb is the king of poor writing and it literally contradicts all the other feats of Shiva. Literally. Batman only beat her legitimately when Jason Todd distracted her and he went all out. Aside from that, Shiva has been portrayed as the very least of an equal to Batman in skill if not superior which she has proven herself to be many times. Don't use Loeb's PIS drivel as evidence for how fights would go since this is the same guy who wrote Supergirl to be more powerful than Superman somehow and then contradicted himself by having Superman say he could take her out at any time. This is the kind of writer we're dealing with.

So you correct me, but not correct gokuwarrior who said Shiva beat the crap out of Batman? I know who Loeb is and I know these scans I posted are contradictor to Shiva's regular appearances, if he can say that Shiva roflstomps Batman, then I can use Loeb's comics as proof right?

#189 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior said:

@deathandgrim said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

It's far from being the only argument in favour of Thor (and I really am no fan of him). He is extremely far from being unskilled, he is even a master at wrestling. While depowered we have seen him fighting alongside with captain America and he managed to handle several opponents at the same time, so yes, it's obvious that the amazon is more skilled than he is, but no, in a depowered fight it is not enough for her to win, or even survive if he grabs her, which at one point he'll necessarily do.

The common argument we have read here for pages is " the better martial artist always win in comics". It is not right for two reasons: first the op seemed to want to make this fight as close as possible to real life conditions by depowering the contestants (albeit people as big as Thor are fortunately not real) and second, titles like Iron Fist, Daredevil, Batman or Spider Man are full of encounters where they get KO'ed during their first encounter with a very strong enemy despite their way superior skills.

The difference in skills here is just not enough to guarantee survival for Wonder Woman given the skill AND strength AND durability of her opponent.

thor's skills are trash next to wonder woman,wondfer woman depowered have defeated group of people with guns,took down several monsters at once,etc,etc,so yes she can handle and beat people stronger than her while being depowered.

#190 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:shiva has shown to be a better fighter than batman many times,her,batgirl and other martial artists have taken hits from 5-10 tonners and still defeated them,so thor who only has peak human strength here won't be able to one shotte wonder woman,wonder woman depowered has defeated group of people with guns,took down several monsters at once,etc,etc,so yes she can handle and beat people stronger than her while being depowered,she will beat thor.

#191 Posted by ntb101 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

WW. trained by gods

#192 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@ntb101: she was trained by other amazons and a blind old asian guy....not gods

#193 Edited by Bruxae (13157 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#194 Posted by ntb101 (860 posts) - - Show Bio
#195 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

So you correct me, but not correct gokuwarrior who said Shiva beat the crap out of Batman? I know who Loeb is and I know these scans I posted are contradictor to Shiva's regular appearances, if he can say that Shiva roflstomps Batman, then I can use Loeb's comics as proof right?

Hahaha seriously. You countered a complete fabrication / incorrect statement with incontrovertable truth, and instead of conceding you are correct someone runs in to claim PIS. Weak.

#196 Posted by toptom (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

how is this still going on WW stomps

#197 Posted by BigCimmerian (8017 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian said:

@lvenger said:

Hahaha seriously. You countered a complete fabrication / incorrect statement with incontrovertable truth, and instead of conceding you are correct someone runs in to claim PIS. Weak.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant with this reply. English is not my first language.

#198 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@lvenger said:

I'm not entirely sure what you meant with this reply. English is not my first language.

Ah, sorry.

Someone said Shiva never beat Batman. You post a scan proving them wrong. Another called PIS. I called 'weak' for calling PIS after being proven wrong.

#199 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck:shiva has proven to be at least batman's equal and even better in other occasions.

#200 Posted by EtinArcadiaEgo (49 posts) - - Show Bio

@etinarcadiaego said:

@gokuwarrior said:

@deathandgrim said:

@citizenbane said:

Wonder Woman stomps.

thor's skills are trash next to wonder woman,wondfer woman depowered have defeated group of people with guns,took down several monsters at once,etc,etc,so yes she can handle and beat people stronger than her while being depowered.

Define "trash", is there a scale for that? Being more specific on the "etc" part would be useful since all the other facts presented find a mirror match on Thor's side: