Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Surge2477
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
"if DM can figure out away to control the power of cosmic,he would most likely remove all of it from SS's body."

Don't see how Manhattan can harness such a powerful source of energy. The Surfer however, can easily manipulate the quantum energy that Manhattan is made of.
RazDings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402  Edited By RazDings

Just been reading but cannot sit hear all night lol, I think that when Dr M was demonstrating his abilities he was mererly entertaining the normal humans. He really doesn't seem to show any need for proving himself as his interests lie in tranquility and being at one with all things.

I do however think that if the SS can just absorbe the Dr then it would/should be game over for the blue bloke and i even doubt that Dr M would care lol as he would be just as happy not being at all. maybe the Dr could just place himself inside the SS and investigate him without even being noticed then gradually turn his insides into whatever he feels like, cheese maybe lolol. He could then be the cheese surfer.

Dr M strikes me as a new entity that is longing more discovery and wisdom and maybe will sit idle just soaking up everything known and will already know what everyone else is made of and understand the fundamentals of all and then just turn everything to cheese.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By grimlock

Manhattan easily

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404  Edited By Hellos

@Surge2477 said:

"@MarvelJackAss433 said:
"if DM can figure out away to control the power of cosmic,he would most likely remove all of it from SS's body."
Don't see how Manhattan can harness such a powerful source of energy. The Surfer however, can easily manipulate the quantum energy that Manhattan is made of. "

Bar plot devices from character's leagues smarter than Manhattan was, thats likely not going to happen. Talking about a character that just has vastly beaten Manhattan in nearly ever field of control. 

@grimlock
said:

"Manhattan easily "

Nope

Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@zee crusher:
@zee crusher said:
"

the human Juggernaut says:

"but we don't know what the Power Cosmic would do to Dr. Manhattan."

It like silver surfer vs Beyonder really. You just know that the power cosmic is like 10 percent of galactus. Beyonder can beat galactus lol. You see how much it is to him now??

"

I thought the power cosmic was less than that portion of his power
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#406  Edited By llagrok

Doctor Manhattan has not done anything to put him on the Surfer's level. 

The people who vote for him are the ones who are likely to be impressed by Mr.M or The Sentry, that is featless hyperbole characters. 

DEADP00L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By DEADP00L

Manhattan's powers are almost unlimited but then again, The Surfer has the power of the cosmos behind him...it would be a battle of gods that will literal change and bend the shape of time and space.

--Anubis--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#408  Edited By --Anubis--

i think it's a stalemate, cause no one can die.
But surfer will be dominating the fight

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By MKF30

Stalemate

PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#410  Edited By PirateKing69

Silver Surfer 

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#411  Edited By Dracade102

Doctor Manhattan can't die (as far as I know)... And, didn't the Surfer get taken down by zombie Avengers?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#412  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Dracade102 said:
"Doctor Manhattan can't die (as far as I know)... And, didn't the Surfer get taken down by zombie Avengers? "

Non canon.
NickA_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By NickA_94

Silver Surfer curbstomp
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By Hellos
@MKF30 said:
"

Stalemate

"

@--Anubis-- said:

"i think it's a stalemate, cause no one can die. But surfer will be dominating the fight "

Astral Plane.

@Dracade102
said:

"Doctor Manhattan can't die (as far as I know)... And, didn't the Surfer get taken down by zombie Avengers? "

No one in his Universe as far as we know had the power to kill him, that doesn't make him unkillable.  
Reed builds guns to take down Celestials, he could likely come up with a gizmo that would actually put down Manhattan pretty easily. 

It wasn't Avengers and the Surfer was pwning them. Problem is, the writers wanted the Universe to become a zombie meal, so they turned Norrin and Galactus into a plot device for them to gain the power to do exactly that. 

You should take note, Wolverine's arm actually falls off trying to cut the Surfer with his claws and Zombie Hulk by some miracle the Hulk's super strong teeth where able to bite the Surfer's head off.  
Then he became taffy that all the zombies could eat which also made absolutely no sense. 

Normally when the Surfer runs into the Hulk he either tanks his attacks without being harmed or depowers him in seconds.   
So it can be argued either both Galactus or Norrin where jobbing like crazy(Galactus was jobbing so bad he was made of meat and bones) or they where MUCH weaker than they are in 616.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#415  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

It's worth noting that Surfer soloed Hulk and the Warbound on Sakaar. Surfer had only his melee attacks and was said to be at his very weakest.
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By YouFinished

I don't know if Manhattan can die or at least get knocked out. But he won't be able to do anything to Surfer, he can do anything Manhattan can do but on a way higher level and way more. But then again Surfer could manipulate the energy his made out of and throw him into a black hole and then what happens...happens.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@youfinished: 

Even if Manhattan can't be killed or knocked out (I don't see why he can't. The Watchmen universe's biggest threat to him is Ozymandias, who is a poor man's Reed Richards), Surfer can definitely keep him down by continually disassembling him or mentally assaulting him.
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By YouFinished
@JediXMan:  
Your icon is very intimidating. Yes he can do these things for sure. So if the battle had a time limit like lets say.....an hour? And there are three judges there to score there performance and how they did. Surfer would dominate! 10 10 10! But otherwise its seems like it will go on for a while till one of them gets bored and leaves or decides to stop the fighting, realizing it is pointless, and have an intellectual conversation on thoughts and ideas. Yes. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@youfinished: 

I see no reason why it wouldn't count as a win. If Surfer subdues Manhattan and Manhattan has no way of stopping him or defending himself, that's a clear win for Norrin.

Yeah, many people say that - and that's why this is my avatar. It scares people. (see, Decoy Elite? It does scare people)
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By YouFinished
@JediXMan:
Yes but would not technically be knock out or kill. But it would be win in my book because he completely overpowers him and Manhattan might beg him to stop or something, but then again its not knock out or kill. BUT HEY! He could probably get knocked out, I don't know. If he can Surfer wins here.   

INTIMIDATING NOT SCARY! :D
FirstSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By FirstSpartan

what if Manhattan let himself be absorbed by the surfer and just started messing him up from the inside

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By YouFinished
@FirstSpartan said:
" what if Manhattan let himself be absorbed by the surfer and just started messing him up from the inside "
Lol Surfer would let that happen?
FirstSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By FirstSpartan
@youfinished: well lets think about it energy is all around us, what makes the energy that DM is made of special  is that it possesses a consciousness at any time, if you think about  it, DM could abandon his manifested form and enter the surfers body of his own will, and unless im mistaken there has never been a case where the surfer has lost all of his physical form and came back. Plus their is the case of where Manhattan can ,during the fight, observe  the surfers use of cosmic energy and learn to use it himself.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FirstSpartan: 

Actually, Surfer has. Hellos has the scan. And Manhattan wouldn't be capable of harnessing the power cosmic.

SilverSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By SilverSavage
@FirstSpartan said:
" @youfinished: well lets think about it energy is all around us, what makes the energy that DM is made of is that it possesses a consciousness at any time, if you think about  it, DM could abandon his manifested form and enter the surfers body of his own will, and unless im mistaken there has never been a case where the surfer has lost all of his physical form and came back. Plus their is the case of where Manhattan can ,during the fight, observe  the surfers use of cosmic energy and learn to use it himself. "  
The silver surfer has full control over all his powers. Tell me whats stopping him from controlling  Manhattan and converting him back to a mere human then letting him die in space? 
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By YouFinished
@FirstSpartan said:
" @youfinished: well lets think about it energy is all around us, what makes the energy that DM is made of is that it possesses a consciousness at any time, if you think about  it, DM could abandon his manifested form and enter the surfers body of his own will, and unless im mistaken there has never been a case where the surfer has lost all of his physical form and came back. Plus their is the case of where Manhattan can ,during the fight, observe  the surfers use of cosmic energy and learn to use it himself. "
Yes in theory that sounds great but logically no. Manhattan has never displayed this at all but I'm pretty sure Surfer can project him self on the astral plane. And also it makes no sense your automatically assuming that Manhattan is on such a power level to over power the Silver Surfer's on will power and control his body. When Manhattan has done nothing to show he is on Surfers level at all. Manhattan is just a medium-tier matter manipulator. To assume he can do this with out any proof at all or when he as never displayed any power to put him on the level with Silver Surfer is extremely desperate,in my book, to make Manhattan seem like more than he really is.
FirstSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By FirstSpartan

The doctor purpose of existence is to learn, observe, and if he feels like it create. That being said whats to stop the guy who has nothing better to do than learn the power of cosmic obviously this guy can do anything he feels like. Oh yeh could you please explain where you got the theory of him not being able to harness cosmic energy is an iron clad rule.
P.S. I do now admit that the surfer has lost his physical form

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By YouFinished
@FirstSpartan said:
" The doctor purpose of existence is to learn, observe, and if he feels like it create. That being said whats to stop the guy who has nothing better to do than learn the power of cosmic obviously this guy can do anything he feels like. Oh yeh could you please explain where you got the theory of him not being able to harness cosmic energy is an iron clad rule. P.S. I do now admit that the surfer has lost his physical form "
Yes he does learn and all but again he still wouldn't get the chance at all to even get in Surfers body and power cosmic is not something you can just learn to use even a guy like Manhattan probably can't do it but once again he won't even get a chance so this argument is obsolete . If so he tries and sees it is futile, Surfer will manipulate him in this form. Or like what JediXMan said earlier and just mind rape him.
SilverSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By SilverSavage

Well sense surfer has cosmic awareness he would have already know that Manhattan's weakness is   tachyons. So all he would need to do is make a mass amount of   tachyons then just stomp  the blue, homeless killing, man from there. 

FirstSpartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By FirstSpartan
@SilverSavage:  i think whats stopping him is the simple difference of  the energy silver surfer has manipulated before and the energy that makes up what "IS" Manhattan and that is that it possesses a conciseness. You can manipulate a robot because it has no form of thought, you cant manipulate people because  they will usually realize that someone is attempting  to manipulate them. 
-My question is simple, has silver surfer ever manipulated an energy source that possessed a conciseness and if so how did he go about manipulating it? ( do you really think DM is just going to let himself get date raped without puttiing up a fight?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@FirstSpartan: 

Yes, I believe he has. I believe he has fought energy beings on the Astral Plane. Manhattan has no telepathic feats and therefore we have no reason to believe him resistant to telepathy.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#432  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Surfer kicks the crap out of Manhattan

SilverSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By SilverSavage

That all he is a   conciseness. What happens when SS use telepathy to bend and twist his conciseness to utterly nothing then he's just energy that can not even form a physical  appearance.

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By YouFinished
@FirstSpartan said:
" @SilverSavage:  i think whats stopping him is the simple difference of  the energy silver surfer has manipulated before and the energy that makes up what "IS" Manhattan and that is that it possesses a conciseness. You can manipulate a robot because it has no form of thought, you cant manipulate people because  they will usually realize that someone is attempting  to manipulate them.  -My question is simple, has silver surfer ever manipulated an energy source that possessed a conciseness and if so how did he go about manipulating it? ( do you really think DM is just going to let himself get date raped without puttiing up a fight? "
The only thing with energy having a conciseness is that its only a little bit harder to manipulate because it will resist. Like a human, trying to be controlled by a blood manipulator, it will resist having the body manipulated but the blood manipulator being of a higher power(so to speak) will over power the human. The energy is his physical form as is a human's body, flesh and blood, is its physical form. 

And I don't know of DM having any TP resistances to resist any of the Surfer's mind assualts to even put up a fight.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Surfer would beat Doctor Manhattans ***

Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Zaiyan

I think Surfer's telepathy gives him an edge

He used Telepathy on Dr Strange from a distance of 1 Galaxy away
He showed to be resisting one of the universe's most powerful telepathics - Moondragon (and she had the Infinity Mind Gem)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By nick_hero22

Stop Bumping This Thread
Silver Surfer wins in a uber stomp
ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By ShadowHuntR

Doctor Manhattan was a BIG FISH in a small pond. He was pretty much the ONLY being with Super powers. For God sake, he was feeling pain when he was being attacked and he wasn't even able to stop every missiles. The guy is NOTHING. 

Captain Atom has feats above him. 

Silver Surfer (and I dislike SS), wins in a STOMP.

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By MutenRoshi
@Hellos said:

@supermandefender said:

"Fact is you guys dont know Dr. M's limits and just dont want to admit Dr. M is more powerful than Surfer. Saying Dr. M is weaker than Atom is I dunno I almost wanted to laugh when I saw that.  Only way Surfer can win this is if  he can get around Dr. M's Immortality. Otherwise Surfer loses.  8 out of 10 Dr. Manhattan wins this. "

Manhattan showed plenty of limits, his matter manipulation can't cure cancer, someone could be right next to him unable to breath for a bit before he even notices to supply them with air, his reaction time and speed is slow enough to get tagged by a machine that vaporizes him and he can sit there as a bullet goes right into a pregnant woman right infront of him. Did I miss anything? 

Oh yeah, he was afraid he couldn't stop the Soviets from wrecking the US, despite being able to duplicate himself.  

His he can easily make a normal person go splat, not even turn them to dust, instead just have them go splat all over the place.
His destrucive feats cap off at killing normal people, the most destruction we see out of Watchman isn't even from him.  
Just a machine that replicates his power under the control of Ozzy that busts a few cities.

Norrin has a slighty better reaction time and speed under his belt. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Manhattan makes people go splat, Norrin is a bit more creative with his matter energy / manipulation.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Cancer owns Manhattan while the Surfer brings people back from what is seemingly their deaths, gives people super powers, takes them away yata yata.

No Caption Provided

Actually can travel through time.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Easily more durable physically while having more strength than anything Manhattan has ever ran into.

No Caption Provided

Turns the Hulk right into Banner

No Caption Provided

Uses plot devices such as the Crunch to channel energies through his body that take down beings Manhattan couldn't even imagine. 

No Caption Provided

His matter manipulation is top notch, he can phase you out of reality, create singularities in your eyes, make blood boil.  
Again Manhattan makes you go splat easily, which is about a thousand times less impressive in ALL ways possible.

No Caption Provided

The by product of Norrin's battles has planets going BOOM. Not even him straight up blasting the planet directly, just a byproduct.  
Manhattan? Well he takes on a bunch of normal people making them go splat, with no massive destructive feats under his name,

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Put Norrin in Manhattan's place in Watchmen. He disarms the soviet weapons form orbit, cures Manhattan's ex wife's cancer, stops the bullet from ever harming the chick the Comedian nocked up in vietnam, speeds around the globe preventing the cities being destroyed by Manhattan's little generator (easily) by Ozzy, laughs off Ozzy's attempt to vaporize him while sending the machines own energy back right into it frying it.  

Hell he stops the Comedian from ever snipping Kennedy, doing what the rest of the Watchman cast failed to do, put him in jail for some of the plain warcrimes and horrible things he did.

0 out of 10 Manhattan wins, 10 out of 10 for Surfer. 

No Caption Provided

Manhattan never get the chance to show the power to even harm the Surfer(Good luck proving how a subpar Matter Manipulator can take him down). While SS takes on much more powerful characters, showing off how much better his Matter / energy manipulation is on Manhattan while having a host of abilities to take Manhattan down.  

Dr Manhattan can do things Norrin can't, winning this fight isn't one of those things.  He is many times much more slow, has no real feats to show how destructive he is, subpar matter manipulation feats in general, and gets scared of Mother Russia's arsenal of weapons. Soviets, Cancer, Ozzy's Machine, in general only beating crazy people with no super powers and being controlled by a man. 

Reserving this for the Response from Defender how we are all SS fanboys, how the world is against him while hes right and we are all wrong.
Reserving this for the Response from Defender how we are all SS fanboys, how the world is against him while hes right and we are all wrong.

I repeat, Manhattan is not Omnipotent, hes not a reality warper and he doesn't have any experience with taking characters with actual super powers, especially ones that are more powerful than he is.  

Silver Surfer is much faster
mixmata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By mixmata

At best the silver surfer could be considered a demi-god, while he does possess massive amounts of strength and energy, i doubt is an omniscient being with the power to destroy or create start systems. Dr. Manhattan exists in the past present and future, and if you look at the universe as stellar spider web made of particles, it is without a doubt that with Doc's ability to manipulate sub atomic particles, he no only would know everything that is happening, but he would also have complete control of everything. Doc is basically an all powerful all knowing(omniscient) being.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By jojjimbo
@mixmata said:
At best the silver surfer could be considered a demi-god, while he does possess massive amounts of strength and energy, i doubt is an omniscient being with the power to destroy or create start systems. Dr. Manhattan exists in the past present and future, and if you look at the universe as stellar spider web made of particles, it is without a doubt that with Doc's ability to manipulate sub atomic particles, he no only would know everything that is happening, but he would also have complete control of everything. Doc is basically an all powerful all knowing(omniscient) being.
Manhattan can create star system...yet it was stated that he couldn't even stop all of the Russian nukes...He's Omniscient, yet was fooled into believing that he had given his friends cancer, all powerful..yet he couldn't prevent the destruction of several major cities. for the last time, Manhattan isn't omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent...he is not a god, hes a matter/energy manipulator...stop making false claims.

Silver Surfer shows Manhattan what a real matter/energy manipulator can do.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#442  Edited By Saren
@jojjimbo said:
@mixmata said:
Manhattan can create star system...yet it was stated that he couldn't even stop all of the Russian nukes...He's Omniscient, yet was fooled into believing that he had given his friends cancer, all powerful..yet he couldn't prevent the destruction of several major cities. for the last time, Manhattan isn't omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent...he is not a god, hes a matter/energy manipulator...stop making false claims.  Silver Surfer shows Manhattan what a real matter/energy manipulator can do.
It was stated by Ozymandias that he couldn't stop all the nukes. Ozy's word doesn't have to be canon, he didn't even know that Manhattan could reform himself. And he couldn't see the conspiracy against him because of the tachyon interference. Read Watchmen again. All the things Manhattan did in the book and movie were done casually, like he wasn't even trying. If he went all out he has the Surfer beat.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#443  Edited By Deadcool

Silver Sufer wins, there is nothing that Manhattan is able to do to kill the SS, he does everything that the Manhattan does and more...
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#444  Edited By Billy Batson

Silver Surfer. 

BB

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By difficlus
@CitizenBane said:
@jojjimbo said:
@mixmata said:
Manhattan can create star system...yet it was stated that he couldn't even stop all of the Russian nukes...He's Omniscient, yet was fooled into believing that he had given his friends cancer, all powerful..yet he couldn't prevent the destruction of several major cities. for the last time, Manhattan isn't omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent...he is not a god, hes a matter/energy manipulator...stop making false claims.  Silver Surfer shows Manhattan what a real matter/energy manipulator can do.
It was stated by Ozymandias that he couldn't stop all the nukes. Ozy's word doesn't have to be canon, he didn't even know that Manhattan could reform himself. And he couldn't see the conspiracy against him because of the tachyon interference. Read Watchmen again. All the things Manhattan did in the book and movie were done casually, like he wasn't even trying. If he went all out he has the Surfer beat.
For now Silver surfer has feats that will make Manhattan look silly. What he has atomic control and some quantum senses? SS has all of that on a higher level AND so much more...
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By jojjimbo
@CitizenBane said:
@jojjimbo said:
@mixmata said:
If Ozy's claim is none-canon, then all of the claims made by Manhattan or his friends(i.e. Manhattan claiming that he would creat life or his friend calling him a god) are also none-canon, sins they never happened and can't be proven.

I am well aware of why Manhattan couldn't see the future, and that proves my point to Mixmata, who claims Manhattan is omniscient, if he was(Manhattan) then he would have known of Ozy'z plans form the start.

Manhattan need to take on some one more powerful then a few veit cong and street brawler..if i am to believe that he is equal or above SS, and  i was not impressed by his parlor tricks either, SS could and has done everything manhattan did in that comic, only he's done it better...SS beats the overrated Captain Atom wannabe
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By jojjimbo
@difficlus said:
@CitizenBane said:
@jojjimbo said:
@mixmata said:
For now Silver surfer has feats that will make Manhattan look silly. What he has atomic control and some quantum senses? SS has all of that on a higher level AND so much more...
Agreed, i just don't know where the people get this nonsense from. 

SS wins.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

LET THIS THREAD DIE.

It's been discussed. Myself, Static, Hellos, and many others have said our peace. Surfer wins. I am not continuing this discussion any longer.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#449  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@JediXMan said:
LET THIS THREAD DIE.  It's been discussed. Myself, Static, Hellos, and many others have said our peace. Surfer wins. I am not continuing this discussion any longer.
True.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By MKF30

Stalemate imo