Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

vs

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zee crusher

I liked how you made it side by side lol. Dr.mahhattan wins this with ease I believe. He is like a god.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

I dont think Silver Surfer can handle Dr. Manhattan

Spaceforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spaceforce

This would make a cool story...as much as I like the Surfer...Manhattan would take him.

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but we don't know what the Power Cosmic would do to Dr. Manhattan.

T.M.O.E.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By T.M.O.E.

the human Juggernaut says:

"but we don't know what the Power Cosmic would do to Dr. Manhattan."

yeah your right there is no way for you or anyone in the world that knows the effects of the power cosmic has on Dr. Manhattan

yet given the backgrouds of both the SilverSurfer and Dr. Manhattan

Including the sheer magnitude of Dr. Manhattan's abilities it would seem that SilverSurfer is at a disadvantage

Even you have doomed SilverSurfer from the beginning as you had set up this forum knowing what a magnificent battle this would be you were in the majorities eyes you and your defense for the SilverSurfer is not needed when people are in favor of Dr. Manhattan

It matters not that Norrin Rad was bestowed the powers of Galactus's Herald he is not strong enough to withstand an attack by Dr. Manhattan

In the end Dr. Manhattan would be the victor

Even if this battle took place Dr. Manhattan would already be aware of the outcome and with the power to alter fate if he so chooses can in fact defeat the SilverSurfer

So this battle is greatly in favor of Dr. Manhattan and as Zee Crusher said he is like a god and this is true

Like a God which SilverSurfer is not Galactus is not SilverSurfer

"God exists and he's American."

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T.M.O.E. says:

"the human Juggernaut says:

yeah your right there is no way for you or anyone in the world that knows the effects of the power cosmic has on Dr. Manhattan

yet given the backgrouds of both the SilverSurfer and Dr. Manhattan

Including the sheer magnitude of Dr. Manhattan's abilities it would seem that SilverSurfer is at a disadvantage

Even you have doomed SilverSurfer from the beginning as you had set up this forum knowing what a magnificent battle this would be you were in the majorities eyes you and your defense for the SilverSurfer is not needed when people are in favor of Dr. Manhattan

It matters not that Norrin Rad was bestowed the powers of Galactus's Herald he is not strong enough to withstand an attack by Dr. Manhattan

In the end Dr. Manhattan would be the victor

Even if this battle took place Dr. Manhattan would already be aware of the outcome and with the power to alter fate if he so chooses can in fact defeat the SilverSurfer

So this battle is greatly in favor of Dr. Manhattan and as Zee Crusher said he is like a god and this is true

Like a God which SilverSurfer is not Galactus is not SilverSurfer

"God exists and he's American.""

Manhattan can only see the future, he can't change it.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zee crusher

It like silver surfer vs Beyonder really. You just know that the power cosmic is like 10 percent of galactus. Beyonder can beat galactus lol. You see how much it is to him now??

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zee crusher says:

It like silver surfer vs Beyonder really. You just know that the power cosmic is like 10 percent of galactus. Beyonder can beat galactus lol. You see how much it is to him now??"

those tachyon beams from Ozymandias did distract him alot. Maybe the SS can use those then he can transmute him into something else.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zee crusher

"zee crusher says:

It like silver surfer vs Beyonder really. You just know that the power cosmic is like 10 percent of galactus. Beyonder can beat galactus lol. You see how much it is to him now??"

those tachyon beams from Ozymandias did distract him alot. Maybe the SS can use those then he can transmute him into something else."

That won't help. The only thing SS can do here is try an trap him in his board. SS has shown if your stronger then he is there isn't much he can and will do.

When he fought runner.

When he fought mangog.

When he fought aegis.

However in one comic when pushed to the limit surfer became a god and even more powerful then galactus but I doubt he will have time to do that in this battle.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

"zee crusher says:
"zee crusher says:

those tachyon beams from Ozymandias did distract him alot. Maybe the SS can use those then he can transmute him into something else."

That won't help. The only thing SS can do here is try an trap him in his board. SS has shown if your stronger then he is there isn't much he can and will do.

When he fought runner.

When he fought mangog.

When he fought aegis.

However in one comic when pushed to the limit surfer became a god and even more powerful then galactus but I doubt he will have time to do that in this battle."

when was that?

"

Damn lol you gotta be specific. I'm gonna take a guess you mean god mode surfer.

Well in one comic surfer some how gained extra power. As he did galactus looked at him and said

" Such power even greater then mind I couldn't have given him that"

It was something like that.

In another comic a What if I think Surfer kind of did the same thing but became red from overusing his body so became the red surfer lol.

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zee crusher says:

"zee crusher says:

When he fought runner.

When he fought mangog.

When he fought aegis.

However in one comic when pushed to the limit surfer became a god and even more powerful then galactus but I doubt he will have time to do that in this battle."

when was that?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator

"zee crusher says:

Remember that in Watchman the first trick that Dr Manhattan learnt was how to reconstruct his body - cell by cell. I don't think he would have much trouble with a simple transmutation effect.

Manhattan has demonstrated the ability to teleport a whole crowd of people back to their respective homes - which goes beyond simple matter transference.

Dr Manhattan for the win.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Nerx

In close quarters ( w/o powers) surfer wins, a smack with that surfboard to the family jewels ( ouch) since Manhattan has no protection

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeSAW

IDK Surfer has shown the ability to channel the crunch and that trumps anything Manhattan has ever done.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
SeSAW said:
"IDK Surfer has shown the ability to channel the crunch and that trumps anything Manhattan has ever done."
That is True. I think Manhattan has been given more credit lately due to his large Power Skill Set compared to what he has done during The Watchman series... but it kind of unfair to say Surfer would just run through Manhattan when Manhattan has never really faced no where near the level of competition the Surfer has in the Marvel Universe... so we really dont know what Manhattan can do...
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HalJordan1986x
King Saturn said:
"

I dont think Silver Surfer can handle Dr. Manhattan

"
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I can't anything about this. I don't know anything about Dr. Manhattan. I need to read Watchmen.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Static Shock said:
"I can't anything about this. I don't know anything about Dr. Manhattan. I need to read Watchmen."
Watchmen is a tight series...
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By John Valentine
King Saturn said:
"Static Shock said:
"I can't anything about this. I don't know anything about Dr. Manhattan. I need to read Watchmen."
Watchmen is a tight series... "
It's awesome.

Mr Manhattan would win.
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HalJordan1986x

SS dies horribly

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
John Valentine said:
"King Saturn said:
"Static Shock said:
It's awesome.

Mr Manhattan would win."
Yup
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HalJordan1986x
King Saturn said:
"John Valentine said:
"King Saturn said:
"Static Shock said:
It's awesome.

Mr Manhattan would win."
Yup"
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lantern Prime

SS wins this one

HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Dr epic curbstomp

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Lantern Prime said:
"SS wins this one"
I doubt it buddy
Enigmaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Enigmaxx

Dr in a complete stomp
Fight ends in a few seconds with Dr standing over Surfers dead body

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Scourge
Manhattan
Logical guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Logical guy

Well, Dr.Manhattan is like a young and ambitious High School Basketball player. Filled with confidence and  thinks he is the "best" basketball player in the world. That is before he meets Pro like Shaquille O'Neal or Michael Jordan on a one on one basketball match. Well Silver Surfer is like the Basketball pro. Why? Because Silver Surfer had been around the Universe and battled with beings way more powerful than himself, and survived until now ! This means good old Silver Surfer has the advantage of being a more skillful fighter.

On power.. both Dr.Manhattan and Silver Surfer are master manipulators of energy and matter. But the only difference is that Silver Surfer was covered with an alloy not known to mankind and empowered with the power cosmic which is completely alien to even Dr.Manhattan. Whereas Dr.Manhattan was composed of earthly energy and matter. Something which Silver Surfer is able to manipulate easily.

Although Dr.Manhattan was potrait as a being who is simply indestructible, Omnipotent and all, but that was because in his "universe" he is the most powerful being. Well if you put him in the Marvel Universe, I think the blue doctor would find quite a number of beings that could beat the living daylights out of him. So really if you analyse Dr.Manhattan a bit further, you'd find that he is hardly an Omnipotent being. Heck.. he couldn't even alter history although he can see through the past, present and future simultaneously. Silver Surfer on the otherhand has demonstrated that he is capable of time travelling, thus  could alter history (theoretically).

Dr.Manhattan is also capable of self duplication.. because he controls matter and energy. Well so is Silver Surfer, although so far he wasn't given the opportunity to demonstrate that ability. Both can move at the speed of light and teleport, both possessed superhuman strength.. so really the only factor that determines who wins or lose would be.. fighting skills and shrewdness. In this respect, you have to give the credit to Silver Surfer for having the courage to fight with beings like Morg, Galactus, etc who are all way more powerful than him and yes. He is still around until today.

Well. what about Dr.Manhattan? So far which superbeings has he fought? - NONE. Yet he thinks of himself as being superior compared to any living beings. That to me is nothing but pure EGO.  So to me.. Dr.Manhattan is nothing but a Turbo charged Captain Atom and that is all.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Based on what I've seen from Dr. Manhattan, he's not on Silver Surfer's level. The Doctor loses.

kobashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kobashi
Enigmaxx said:
"Dr in a complete stomp
Fight ends in a few seconds with Dr standing over Surfers dead body"

Agreed
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Yeah, right....

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Erik

Bu bu bu bu bump!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
does the Humpty Bump dance
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erik
King Saturn said:
"does the Humpty Bump dance
"
Lol.
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern Prime said:
"SS wins this one"

True
marvel 12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By marvel 12345

silver surfer wins for that in the battle wit tenebrous and aegis he controled the power of the big bag to destroy them thats a feat that takes this a long way in showing true power

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erik
marvel 12345 said:
"silver surfer wins for that in the battle wit tenebrous and aegis he controled the power of the big bag to destroy them thats a feat that takes this a long way in showing true power
"
This makes no sense at all.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
He He He
Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erik said:
"marvel 12345 said:
"silver surfer wins for that in the battle wit tenebrous and aegis he controled the power of the big bag to destroy them thats a feat that takes this a long way in showing true power
"
This makes no sense at all."

Yes it does. It just seems like jibberish.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erik

If I am understanding this correctly, he is saying Silver Surfer used the power of the big bang. Where was this done? I need to review this reference because I am not aware of this feat. I need to know if it was circumstantial or if it is something he could abuse on a regular basis. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock  Online

Also, when he fought Tenebrous and Aegis, they thrashed him good, and he retreated after that. I don't remember any Big Bang.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erik
Static Shock said:
"Also, when he fought Tenebrous and Aegis, they thrashed him good, and he retreated after that. I don't remember any Big Bang.
"
This seems more likely. Was this the fight during Annihilation? He got thrashed in that fight and there was no big bang that I recall either. 
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SeSAW
Static Shock said:
"Also, when he fought Tenebrous and Aegis, they thrashed him good, and he retreated after that. I don't remember any Big Bang.
"

erik said:
"If I am understanding this correctly, he is saying Silver Surfer used the power of the big bang. Where was this done? I need to review this reference because I am not aware of this feat. I need to know if it was circumstantial or if it is something he could abuse on a regular basis. "

He channeled the Crunch threw his body. The Crunch is the power of the big bang that started the universe, it was the only way he could possibly beat them.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erik

I am going to have to read that again because it seems unfamiliar. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock  Online
SeSAW said:
"He channeled the Crunch threw his body. The Crunch is the power of the big bang that started the universe, it was the only way he could possibly beat them."
He must have beat them in another comic, because I don't remember him beating them. Can you post the fight, please?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik

The whole fight as well. Not just the part where he does this feat.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By SUNMAN

he gets owned in the begining and he does not have the strenght to take them. So just as SeSAW said SS had to channel the crunch, it was the only way he could win. I will pm you a link to the scans because G-Man told me not to post anymore full page scans on the site.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock  Online

I guess this is the part that I didn't see.
I guess this is the part that I didn't see.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Ozy's Tachyon pulse had any impact on Dr. M's powers, than Surfer would handily rape the shit out of him. 
Let's not forget, that Surfer's powers include the ability to create black holes, supernovas, and inter-dimensional travel.  To do that requires powers that trumps the ability to create a mere tachyon pulse.
So if Surfer can manage those kinds of feats, there's no telling what effect his powers will have on Dr. M.

With that said, Dr. M is powerful.  But compared to some of the heavy hitters in the world of comics, he's just a youngling. That's not to say Surfer is even that much of a powerful creature (compared to the Spectre, Eternity, LT, Galactus, Exitar etc...)