Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

U guys dont GET It.

Jon(Dr. Manhattan) does ACT on seeing the FUTURE... but he cant Changed it... or else he would have never Seen the actual Future... he only would have seen a Possible Future... so for him to see the future that means he cant change it... but he does act on it... Movie wise

How else would Silk Spectre go to Mars to talk to Jon if Jon wouldnt have Brought her up there... He took her up there because he saw The Future and saw that she was goin to ask him to save the World... Jon took her to the exact same place  where he saw her Talk to him. SO Yes he acts On them... he jus cant change it... because he sees the future... if he tried to change the future then his powers would be that he sees a possible future... not THE Future... at least thats how i see it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#352  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Yung ANcient One said:
" U guys dont GET It.   Jon(Dr. Manhattan) does ACT on seeing the FUTURE... but he cant Changed it... or else he would have never Seen the actual Future... he only would have seen a Possible Future... so for him to see the future that means he cant change it... but he does act on it... Movie wise   How else would Silk Spectre go to Mars to talk to Jon if Jon wouldnt have Brought her up there... He took her up there because he saw The Future and saw that she was goin to ask him to save the World... Jon took her to the exact same place  where he saw her Talk to him. SO Yes he acts On them... he jus cant change it... because he sees the future... if he tried to change the future then his powers would be that he sees a possible future... not THE Future... at least thats how i see it. "
Manhattan more guides the present to fit his visions. What I said is still true: he does not change what he sees.
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#353  Edited By Akwa

He cannot change what he sees. And what he sees is him being beaten up by the Surfer.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Akwa said:
" He cannot change what he sees. And what he sees is him being beaten up by the Surfer. "
Lol, yup.
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@JediXMan: U still dont get it. I was pointing out that He does ACT on his visions... because hes suppose to... he saw The Future... he knows whats going to happen... If He did try to "change" the future then his power wouldnt be "to see the future" his powers would be to see the Possible future...

and i never posted that what u said wasnt true...

jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By jack128875
@Akwa said:
"@jack128875 said:
"Manhattan wins.  How is Silver Surfur going to beat someone who can see his own future? The SS's cosmic energy blasts wouldn't do sh!t to Doctor M.   He's God. ( and he's American ). "

Your ignorance makes Baby Jesus cry. 

Dr M sees the future but as it has been pointed out already, he never acts on it.

He has an entirely fatalistic view of the future, he has seen it and he cannot change it. 

"

If Jesus was here he would laugh......... not at me, but at u

Get the facts right:

Doctor Manhattan ALMOST ALWAYS ACTS ON the future, but he doesn't CHANGE it.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Hellos

@JediXMan
said:

"Just when you thought it was dead..... "

Was thinking the same thing. Thought Defender gave up an admitted Norrin wins this due to Manhattan's lack of feats to even say he can hurt Norrin. :P 

@Akwa said:

"He cannot change what he sees. And what he sees is him being beaten up by the Surfer. "

Co Signed
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875 said:

" @Akwa said:

"@jack128875 said:
"Manhattan wins.  How is Silver Surfur going to beat someone who can see his own future? The SS's cosmic energy blasts wouldn't do sh!t to Doctor M.   He's God. ( and he's American ). "

Dr M sees the future but as it has been pointed out already, he never acts on it.

He has an entirely fatalistic view of the future, he has seen it and he cannot change it. 

"

Get the facts right:

"
Alright. Then if he sees himself getting beat by the Surfer, doesn't change it, but ACTS on it (as you say) how exactly is that going to help?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By Static Shock

LOL. Nice.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" LOL. Nice. "
Lol. The most Manhattan does is guide the present so it matches the future. But that's his "future" self. Present self is partially unaware (he still acts surprised). So this is how he would act.

*Manhattan sees Surfer about to punch him*

Manhattan (future): Hmm. It appears that he might miss. I should help *moves into Surfer's fist"

Manhattan (present): *gets punched* Didn't see that coming.

PS: I want to clarify before someone uses this against me: That was a joke. It is clear that Manhattan can't be punched.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By jack128875
@JediXMan said:
" @jack128875 said:

" @Akwa said:

"@jack128875 said:

"

Get the facts right:

"
Alright. Then if he sees himself getting beat by the Surfer, doesn't change it, but ACTS on it (as you say) how exactly is that going to help? "
Doctor Manhattan has not and is not going to lose to Silver Surfur, period, so your logic does not work here.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @jack128875 said:

" @Akwa said:

"@jack128875 said:

"

Get the facts right:

"
Alright. Then if he sees himself getting beat by the Surfer, doesn't change it, but ACTS on it (as you say) how exactly is that going to help? "
Doctor Manhattan has not and is not going to lose to Silver Surfur, period, so your logic does not work here. "
I like how you didn't answer my question. And you stating it does not make it true - which it's not.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Surge2477
@supermandefender said:
"@Surge2477: Correct my argument was by showing you references of the people who created Dr. Manhattan.......and I provides things they have mentioned plus input from the comics and movie. Your whole argument is based on assumptions as well. You ignore potential evidence and tell me to show you where he has done this.....when you dam well know they only made 12 issues? You cannot what so ever tell me why you think Manhattan is weak and cant do higher level feats. If so plz show me.   He is not made out of just enegry.....he is like the Silver Surfer. His whole body is the power cosmic...Manhattans power comes from nuclear and quantum enegry. Which gave him his powers. He is tied to them like Surfer is tied to the power cosmic.   And what owen are we referring too?  Im yielding my arguement only because I cannot proof his power set. If I could refer Quantum Supermans power set to Manhattans.....different ball game. The only thing Surfer could do then is astral attacks. And thats still unknown.   Like I said before I understand where your argument is coming from. I am current trying to find ways to contact the writers of Dc....asking them this question. If I get a answer...maybe then i can resolve this little problem. "

@supermandefender:

there you silly person. in your own words you said manhattan's whole body is the power cosmic. don't ever call me an idiot again young man. i called you on something you wrote & you call me an idiot. watch your mouth when talking tp people. you never know who you might be insulting
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

Something is telling me that Dr. Manhattan had the potential to be or to show more, but just wasn't able to. Inspite of that, I'll give it to Surfer.

jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By jack128875

JediXMan :

I like how you completely missed my point.............

Your question is based on something that has been proven to be completely untrue, so I feel no obligation to continue the argument any furthur.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Hellos
@jack128875 said:
"
JediXMan :

Your question is based on something that has been proven to be completely untrue, so I feel no obligation to continue the argument any furthur.
"

No one missed your point, bump Manhattan threads endlessly for no reason other than to troll. :P
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875 said:
"
JediXMan :

"
You say that he doesn't change his visions, but acts on them. How does he act on them, might I ask, if he doesn't change the visions?

Either you're saying that he does change his visions, which is untrue, or you're saying that he doesn't, which won't help. Pick.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By jack128875
JediXMan:

He acts out his visions.  He acts according to his visions.  he does not have to change it.  get a clue...

@Hellos said:

" @jack128875 said:

"
JediXMan :

Your question is based on something that has been proven to be completely untrue, so I feel no obligation to continue the argument any furthur."

No one missed your point, bump Manhattan threads endlessly for no reason other than to troll. :P "
So..... when I post something it is called trolling........ and when you and JediXMan post something its not???? 

Sigh.

I
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875: 

1. ... ok, than. So that helps him how? Forget your opinion of Manhattan beating Surfer just for a second. If he actually saw Surfer beating him in his vision, then he wouldn't do anything about it? Then that means that precognition will do NOTHING. Not once did he ever change what he was doing to prevent his visions. Never. And, even if he knew Laurie was with Dan, he acted surprised - therefore, he does not change his visions and his "current" self has no idea. It won't help him - period. Now, if you're going to dispute what I say please don't just say "get a clue" or "your logic doesn't work." Back up your claims. Show me where Manhattan changed his vision. All his visions came true.

2. When we're actually posting and you aren't saying anything to back up your claims, yes. You bump a bunch of Dr. Manhattan vs threads simply to say Manhattan wins and add nothing to back it up, then that is trolling. Back up your claims.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By jack128875
@JediXMan said:

" @jack128875:   1. ... ok, than. So that helps him how? Forget your opinion of Manhattan beating Surfer just for a second. If he actually saw Surfer beating him in his vision, then he wouldn't do anything about it? Then that means that precognition will do NOTHING. Not once did he ever change what he was doing to prevent his visions. Never. And, even if he knew Laurie was with Dan, he acted surprised - therefore, he does not change his visions and his "current" self has no idea. It won't help him - period. Now, if you're going to dispute what I say please don't just say "get a clue" or "your logic doesn't work." Back up your claims. Show me where Manhattan changed his vision. All his visions came true. 2. When we're actually posting and you aren't saying anything to back up your claims, yes. You bump a bunch of Dr. Manhattan vs threads simply to say Manhattan wins and add nothing to back it up, then that is trolling. Back up your claims. "

1). Incase you have not noticed, this thread is titled " Doctor Manhattan vs Silver Surfur", so why are you telling me to forget about the topic?????  YOU are the one who is trying to change the topic and argue.......................... look who's really trolling.  Or maybe you simply can't read and understand english? 

2). You are saying "IF" Dr. M saw surfur beating him in a vision......... Key word: IF.   
However, it has been proven here already that Doctor Manhattan is not going to lose to Surfur.   So there is no "If".   

Stop imagining things and using  "IF" as an argument over and over again.......... you're not a reality warper.

3). You want me to back up my claims?  I have 18 pages of solid evidence here to back up my claims.  Why don't you learn how to read through every sinlge post here first before you accuse someone of being a troll and embarrasses urself.    

4). We are ENCOURAGED to REVIVE old threads here at the vine.  Oh wait.......... I forgot that you don't know about any of the rules here.   
A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

before you tell another person to follow the rules, at least make sure you know what the rules are yourself. 

hope that helps.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By xan84

This guy can bumb all the "SS vs M topics".. SS stomps just as badly in all of them.
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#372  Edited By Constantine

I'd say Manhattan as I've seen him do more

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By xan84
@Constantine said:
"I'd say Manhattan as I've seen him do more "

LOL this is a good one. You've seen him do more then SS ? Then i gues you never read ANY SS comics.  
But just for the fun of it can you give some M feats ? You know those that showed M blowing up tanks ...
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Surge2477
@Constantine said:
"I'd say Manhattan as I've seen him do more "

@Constantine:

maybe in your dreams. not in actual comics
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875 said:

"

1). Incase you have not noticed, this thread is titled " Doctor Manhattan vs Silver Surfur", so why are you telling me to forget about the topic?????  YOU are the one who is trying to change the topic and argue.......................... look who's really trolling.  Or maybe you simply can't read and understand english? 

2). You are saying "IF" Dr. M saw surfur beating him in a vision......... Key word: IF.   
However, it has been proven here already that Doctor Manhattan is not going to lose to Surfur.   So there is no "If".   

Stop imagining things and using  "IF" as an argument over and over again.......... you're not a reality warper.

3). You want me to back up my claims?  I have 18 pages of solid evidence here to back up my claims.  Why don't you learn how to read through every sinlge post here first before you accuse someone of being a troll and embarrasses urself.    

4). We are ENCOURAGED to REVIVE old threads here at the vine.  Oh wait.......... I forgot that you don't know about any of the rules here.   
A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

before you tell another person to follow the rules, at least make sure you know what the rules are yourself.  hope that helps. "
Thank you. Still haven't backed up what you said, though. No games. Tell me, right now: Does what he see actually come true? If the answer is yes (which is the only correct answer. Prove me wrong) then it's useless, isn't it? Once more, you avoided the question. Yet I've come back at everything you've said.

I imagine nothing. Also, what does my being a "reality warper" mean, exactly?

Who proved that Manhattan beats Surfer? You?

In those 18 pages (*ahem* 19) there are also people saying that Surfer beats Manhattan. So I have 19 pages behind me, if you want to play that game.

I didn't tell you to follow any rules.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By jack128875
@JediXMan said:
"@jack128875 said:

"

A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

before you tell another person to follow the rules, at least make sure you know what the rules are yourself.  hope that helps. "
Thank you. Still haven't backed up what you said, though. No games. Tell me, right now: Does what he see actually come true? If the answer is yes (which is the only correct answer. Prove me wrong) then it's useless, isn't it? Once more, you avoided the question. Yet I've come back at everything you've said.  I imagine nothing. Also, what does my being a "reality warper" mean, exactly? Who proved that Manhattan beats Surfer? You? In those 18 pages (*ahem* 19) there are also people saying that Surfer beats Manhattan. So I have 19 pages behind me, if you want to play that game.  I didn't tell you to follow any rules. "

1). You're still going off topic.........................again, and again...... and yet again.

2). But, just to make you feel better, I will respond to your question.  

You asked me if the visions will be changed.  The answer is " NO ".  Doctor Manhattan will see in his vision of him beating Surfer, and then.... it will actually happen.  period.  (this is irrelevant and off-topic)   Understood?  or was my sentence structure to complex for you to comprehend? 

3). If you don't believe that Doctor Manhattan can beat SIlver Surfur, fine.  Prove it.   

Right, there are some in the past 19 pages who believed that Surfer can pull this one off.  I didn't get into an argument with any of them.  Why?  Because, UNLIKE YOU, they actually made the effort to offer reasonable explanations, 

All I've seen YOU do, on the contrary, is going off-topic again and again, asking irrelevant questions, and then calling me a troll, when YOU are the one who is not responding to the actual thread. 

You said that I was a troll because I bumped old threads,
ignoring the fact that we are actually encouraged to revive old threads here.  You just B!tch slapped urself pretty hard right there buddy 

Your very welcomed.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By xan84
@JediXMan said:
"@jack128875 said:

"

A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

Thank you. Still haven't backed up what you said, though. No games. Tell me, right now: Does what he see actually come true? If the answer is yes (which is the only correct answer. Prove me wrong) then it's useless, isn't it? Once more, you avoided the question. Yet I've come back at everything you've said.  I imagine nothing. Also, what does my being a "reality warper" mean, exactly? Who proved that Manhattan beats Surfer? You? In those 18 pages (*ahem* 19) there are also people saying that Surfer beats Manhattan. So I have 19 pages behind me, if you want to play that game.  I didn't tell you to follow any rules. "

You do know that is Spike right ? The guy that was banned for "'i lost count of how many" times....

Now the best thing to do is ignore him. 

Also SS STOMPS !

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack128875:
hey man no point getting thru or agruning Dr. M winning with JediXman. He is die hard Surfer fan he will say Surfer beats every1. He said Surfer is better than Superman Prime, and can absorb all of Monarchs quantum explosive power. Yet Surfer dies from a single supernova in his own comic Silver Surfer reqieum. He is most likely gonna hell back what if comics dont count but it is the character he did slowly die from that explosion.  
 This agurement should be over! Surfer does not stomp. You have no proof to back up anything ur saying. We hang know Idea of Manhattans capable feat leves to say he is on par with Surfer and if he was he would stomp Surfer. Anyway, just because it hasnt shown he has done more than blow humans up, teleport, reconstruct himself from almost nothing, being immortal, change his skin color, fly, duplicate, grow in size, see past, present, and future events at the sametime. Many others he has shown he has and besides that he tells us he can do more with his words and thats still not enough to put him on Surfers feat levels is absolutely rediclous.  
I own and read lots of silver surfer comics so you cant play, i dont read silver surfer with me my friends. Silver Surfer issue #18 he fights spiderman and Spiderman gives him a fight. SPIDERMAN! Granted I agree Spiderman has no chance. Planet Hulk.....Hulk beats down Silver Surfer......Thor goes warrior maddness almost kills beta ray bill and Surfer came to help...Surfer loses 1v1 with Thor in warrior maddness mode. Silver Surfer had to go get help from Thanoes. Surfer has been defeated and kidnapped by weaker level foes before he doesnt stomp Dr. Manhattan. He could win but thats seriously stretching things when you are just assuming Dr.M doesnt have the feats too win. Only one that knows his feats is alan moore not u! Plus ive seen enough to say he is pretty freakin powerful and can go toe to toe with Superman level characters at the very least. Reason 1....he was referred as superman in comics then they changed they're minds and say he is a godd! Even Alan Moore has said this that Dr.M is a Quantum and nuclear being! As you know from Captain Atom Quantum enegry has no limits! Its power destoryed a entire universe. His strength feats while should not be compared too that certain character......but it should be assumed the quantum power or the power of the quantum field is the same. With that said to me that proofs his feat levels. Not only that he has spoke of his feats in the comic. IMO Dr. M would win. Let ppl have there oppinions and dont attack them Jedixman. Calling ppl trolls are annoying a stupid. U wanna debate and come up with reasons why u think something fine use it to back up your agruement and nothing more. Dont discredit anybody or any of this bullcrap. Let them get out there piece or if they reply to you harash just reply and ask why do you think that? Should him ur backing tell him y u think Surfer stomps (w/e) and be done with it. Then maybe he will have feed back.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@supermandefender: 

Until you said that, I thought you were actually decent. I am not a fan boy.

@Xan: 

Thanks for the warning.
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By jack128875
@supermandefender said:

" @jack128875: hey man no point getting thru or agruning Dr. M winning with JediXman. He is die hard Surfer fan he will say Surfer beats every1. He said Surfer is better than Superman Prime, and can absorb all of Monarchs quantum explosive power. Yet Surfer dies from a single supernova in his own comic Silver Surfer reqieum. He is most likely gonna hell back what if comics dont count but it is the character he did slowly die from that explosion.   This agurement should be over! Surfer does not stomp. You have no proof to back up anything ur saying. We hang know Idea of Manhattans capable feat leves to say he is on par with Surfer and if he was he would stomp Surfer. Anyway, just because it hasnt shown he has done more than blow humans up, teleport, reconstruct himself from almost nothing, being immortal, change his skin color, fly, duplicate, grow in size, see past, present, and future events at the sametime. Many others he has shown he has and besides that he tells us he can do more with his words and thats still not enough to put him on Surfers feat levels is absolutely rediclous.  I own and read lots of silver surfer comics so you cant play, i dont read silver surfer with me my friends. Silver Surfer issue #18 he fights spiderman and Spiderman gives him a fight. SPIDERMAN! Granted I agree Spiderman has no chance. Planet Hulk.....Hulk beats down Silver Surfer......Thor goes warrior maddness almost kills beta ray bill and Surfer came to help...Surfer loses 1v1 with Thor in warrior maddness mode. Silver Surfer had to go get help from Thanoes. Surfer has been defeated and kidnapped by weaker level foes before he doesnt stomp Dr. Manhattan. He could win but thats seriously stretching things when you are just assuming Dr.M doesnt have the feats too win. Only one that knows his feats is alan moore not u! Plus ive seen enough to say he is pretty freakin powerful and can go toe to toe with Superman level characters at the very least. Reason 1....he was referred as superman in comics then they changed they're minds and say he is a godd! Even Alan Moore has said this that Dr.M is a Quantum and nuclear being! As you know from Captain Atom Quantum enegry has no limits! Its power destoryed a entire universe. His strength feats while should not be compared too that certain character......but it should be assumed the quantum power or the power of the quantum field is the same. With that said to me that proofs his feat levels. Not only that he has spoke of his feats in the comic. IMO Dr. M would win. Let ppl have there oppinions and dont attack them Jedixman. Calling ppl trolls are annoying a stupid. U wanna debate and come up with reasons why u think something fine use it to back up your agruement and nothing more. Dont discredit anybody or any of this bullcrap. Let them get out there piece or if they reply to you harash just reply and ask why do you think that? Should him ur backing tell him y u think Surfer stomps (w/e) and be done with it. Then maybe he will have feed back. "

JediXMan is a Silver Surfer fanboy no doubt.  Thank you, you confirmed my beliefs.  Anyways, Manhattan stomps, since JediXMan failed to provide any reasoning.

@Xan said:

" @JediXMan said:

"@jack128875 said:

"

A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

You do know that is Spike right ? The guy that was banned for "'i lost count of how many" times....

Also SS STOMPS !

"

btw....... Manhattan curbstomp via taking SS apart atom by atom.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Knightly1
@supermandefender said:
"@jack128875: hey man no point getting thru or agruning Dr. M winning with JediXman. He is die hard Surfer fan he will say Surfer beats every1. He said Surfer is better than Superman Prime, and can absorb all of Monarchs quantum explosive power. Yet Surfer dies from a single supernova in his own comic Silver Surfer reqieum. He is most likely gonna hell back what if comics dont count but it is the character he did slowly die from that explosion.   This agurement should be over! Surfer does not stomp. You have no proof to back up anything ur saying. We hang know Idea of Manhattans capable feat leves to say he is on par with Surfer and if he was he would stomp Surfer. Anyway, just because it hasnt shown he has done more than blow humans up, teleport, reconstruct himself from almost nothing, being immortal, change his skin color, fly, duplicate, grow in size, see past, present, and future events at the sametime. Many others he has shown he has and besides that he tells us he can do more with his words and thats still not enough to put him on Surfers feat levels is absolutely rediclous.  I own and read lots of silver surfer comics so you cant play, i dont read silver surfer with me my friends. Silver Surfer issue #18 he fights spiderman and Spiderman gives him a fight. SPIDERMAN! Granted I agree Spiderman has no chance. Planet Hulk.....Hulk beats down Silver Surfer......Thor goes warrior maddness almost kills beta ray bill and Surfer came to help...Surfer loses 1v1 with Thor in warrior maddness mode. Silver Surfer had to go get help from Thanoes. Surfer has been defeated and kidnapped by weaker level foes before he doesnt stomp Dr. Manhattan. He could win but thats seriously stretching things when you are just assuming Dr.M doesnt have the feats too win. Only one that knows his feats is alan moore not u! Plus ive seen enough to say he is pretty freakin powerful and can go toe to toe with Superman level characters at the very least. Reason 1....he was referred as superman in comics then they changed they're minds and say he is a godd! Even Alan Moore has said this that Dr.M is a Quantum and nuclear being! As you know from Captain Atom Quantum enegry has no limits! Its power destoryed a entire universe. His strength feats while should not be compared too that certain character......but it should be assumed the quantum power or the power of the quantum field is the same. With that said to me that proofs his feat levels. Not only that he has spoke of his feats in the comic. IMO Dr. M would win. Let ppl have there oppinions and dont attack them Jedixman. Calling ppl trolls are annoying a stupid. U wanna debate and come up with reasons why u think something fine use it to back up your agruement and nothing more. Dont discredit anybody or any of this bullcrap. Let them get out there piece or if they reply to you harash just reply and ask why do you think that? Should him ur backing tell him y u think Surfer stomps (w/e) and be done with it. Then maybe he will have feed back. "

There are a couple of things wrong with this. 
1.) Everything you said DM can do, Surfer may do as well 
2.) Ok. A bunch of humans said he was god. To us, many people in comics are god. Not very impressive. 
3.) We have seen pretty much nothing from Manhattan . We've heard of what potential he could have, but again, nothing to really suggest he'd be as powerful as Surfer. When manhattan shapes entire worlds, I'll be impressed. Pretty much many conceptions people have of Manhattan is hyperbole or to say what little and unimpressive stuff we've seen of him.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@jack128875 said:

" @supermandefender said:

" @jack128875: hey man no point getting thru or agruning Dr. M winning with JediXman. He is die hard Surfer fan he will say Surfer beats every1. He said Surfer is better than Superman Prime, and can absorb all of Monarchs quantum explosive power. Yet Surfer dies from a single supernova in his own comic Silver Surfer reqieum. He is most likely gonna hell back what if comics dont count but it is the character he did slowly die from that explosion.   This agurement should be over! Surfer does not stomp. You have no proof to back up anything ur saying. We hang know Idea of Manhattans capable feat leves to say he is on par with Surfer and if he was he would stomp Surfer. Anyway, just because it hasnt shown he has done more than blow humans up, teleport, reconstruct himself from almost nothing, being immortal, change his skin color, fly, duplicate, grow in size, see past, present, and future events at the sametime. Many others he has shown he has and besides that he tells us he can do more with his words and thats still not enough to put him on Surfers feat levels is absolutely rediclous.  I own and read lots of silver surfer comics so you cant play, i dont read silver surfer with me my friends. Silver Surfer issue #18 he fights spiderman and Spiderman gives him a fight. SPIDERMAN! Granted I agree Spiderman has no chance. Planet Hulk.....Hulk beats down Silver Surfer......Thor goes warrior maddness almost kills beta ray bill and Surfer came to help...Surfer loses 1v1 with Thor in warrior maddness mode. Silver Surfer had to go get help from Thanoes. Surfer has been defeated and kidnapped by weaker level foes before he doesnt stomp Dr. Manhattan. He could win but thats seriously stretching things when you are just assuming Dr.M doesnt have the feats too win. Only one that knows his feats is alan moore not u! Plus ive seen enough to say he is pretty freakin powerful and can go toe to toe with Superman level characters at the very least. Reason 1....he was referred as superman in comics then they changed they're minds and say he is a godd! Even Alan Moore has said this that Dr.M is a Quantum and nuclear being! As you know from Captain Atom Quantum enegry has no limits! Its power destoryed a entire universe. His strength feats while should not be compared too that certain character......but it should be assumed the quantum power or the power of the quantum field is the same. With that said to me that proofs his feat levels. Not only that he has spoke of his feats in the comic. IMO Dr. M would win. Let ppl have there oppinions and dont attack them Jedixman. Calling ppl trolls are annoying a stupid. U wanna debate and come up with reasons why u think something fine use it to back up your agruement and nothing more. Dont discredit anybody or any of this bullcrap. Let them get out there piece or if they reply to you harash just reply and ask why do you think that? Should him ur backing tell him y u think Surfer stomps (w/e) and be done with it. Then maybe he will have feed back. "

JediXMan is a Silver Surfer fanboy no doubt.  Thank you, you confirmed my beliefs.  Anyways, Manhattan stomps, since JediXMan failed to provide any reasoning.

Heh. That's funny. But fine, I'll explain myself:

What can Manhattan do that Silver Surfer cannot? Let's see:

Matter Manipulation: .... come on. It's common knowledge that both can. Surfer turned Carnage into metal. Manhattan didn't cure cancer (he ran off Earth because he felt that he hurt everyone - why didn't he fix it? Before you say "He lost touch with humanity," why did he care that he might have caused cancer?)
Energy Manipulation: As I said, they both do.
Flight: Both can fly. But Manhattan's never flown; just kinda hovered.
Seeing the future: Manhattan can see the future, but by your own admission, Manhattan does not change those visions from coming true. Surfer has Cosmic Awareness, with allows him to see the future.
Control of own Structure: Surfer is capable of becoming human at will. He can recreate his board from himself.
Telepathy: Manhattan... oh, he doesn't. His only telepathic feat (which is from the movies, aka non canon) is touching Silk Spectre's mind and letting her see as he saw. Surfer, if I remember correctly, touched every mind on a planet. He's also entered the Astral Plane.
Genetic Manipulation: Manhattan might have created life on a planet, but it's unknown if he did. Surfer sped up the evolution of a planet.
Time Travel: Manhattan sees the past, present, and future - not to be confused with time travel. Surfer has slowed time and time traveled.
Teleportation: Not one of Surfer's main powers. He can perhaps teleport on occasion, but I'll give this to Manhattan.

Everything I've said was in a comic. Anything not in a comic is assumed and not admissible.

Your turn.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan:
Apologise for the rude comment. I am normally decent with replying I just thought jack had some interesting points I also kind of agree with and to hear being called a troll for a good debate kinda upset me too. It would be like calling me a troll too, even though this wasnt a direct attack at me I have had some direct attacks from you in the past and just got alitle upset at the name calling. I apologise for that.  
 The only problems the movie displayed I thought was they portraited Dr. M weaker than he is in the comic. He has shown more feats just nothing on a planet wide scale. Dr. M could mentally lift his creation on mars, hold a conversation with silk spectre, tap into her mind and show her events in her life, create water, milk out of thin air, hold a enegry field around silk spectre allowing her to breath on mars and said he could widin it so she could light her cigarette, and the conversation silk spectre and Dr. M were having was a debate should he save the planet meaning he could. 

In the comic Dr. M could even make himself intangible like the Silver Surfer. Silk Spectre threw a cup at him and it phased right threw him.. Dr. M has stated he is pretty sure he can stop 99% of all nuclear wari and damage most of Russia in the process before the first nuke hit. Thats impressive.  

You have a point about the god-like statement even the silver surfer would seem god-like to our standards.   
The only difference between Surfers ability to see thru time and Manhattans is...for manhattan its automatic and Surfer well can do it. Another thing is Manhattan wittness past, present and future events at the sametime. Surfer only gets glimpes of the future, or possible futures.

1 problem. Its hard to debate a weakness in Dr.M only being able to see the future and not change it. Because in the Watchmen series he cannot change his responds and if Silver Surfer was in the watchmen universe he wouldnt be able to either. In that world everything is controlled, in the Marvel universe its not. So you cant really compare that.  
Dr.M def has the ability to chane his fate I mean he could see what he is doing and just decide right then im changing my fate right now! Easy.....no not  the watchmen series. In that universe even down to Dr. Mannhattans reactions to certain events are controlled. If Silver Surfer existed in the watchmen universe his actions  would be controlled  too because there is a omnipotent power that controls all. Dr. M said he can just see the strings any and all efforts to change his histroy cannot be done. His every action is already been done before he does it.  

Now to answer your he got upset and left to Mars statement because he thought he caused cancer. No in the comic he was accused of it, he was mad at the press and unlike the movie he didnt teleport to mars. He teleported everyone else in that room away. Then teleported to 2 other places before he left to mars. Sorry, I can give you exact details if you wish i have the comic but im sure you believe that and dont need it. Im going by memory of what I read. Anyway, then he teleported to mars. Again, to answer your question...its not because he cant do it its because all of even his actions have been set in motion already. He didnt do it because his future self didnt do it. He doesnt see the differences in life and death. It wasnt until there conversation on mars and they spoke of miracles that he changed his mind.  

I think personally debating whether Dr. M's feat levels reach Surfers level shouldnt even be a topic personally. I mean its kind of rediculous you demaned to see someone act on a planet wide scale or there not considered as powerful. I personally think by the feats alone he has proven he has reacted that level. Jedi you said all we've seen Manhattan do is hover. Why fly if you have instant teleportation. He got to mars in a second. Thats pretty fast.  

Now onto Oblivion. Surfer cannot do everything Manhattan can do. Manhattan can reconstruct his body after it being totally destoryed. He is immortal, he can duplicate himself......and teleport. Surfer while he has teleported it is not within his within his arsenal of powers. The same thing goes for the entering the astral planes, even though he has achieved this its not in his arsenal of powers.  
But it is a wild card in the Surfers favor. He was able to take down beings on a Galactus level during the Annilation series, even surpising Galactus. Im not stating Sufer cannot beat Manhattan because he is a wild card in any fight he gets in but he does not stomp Dr. M. To think Dr. M is a lower level character because of feats used on humans only is just a assumation. He has said and shown feats that say otherwise. Teleporting to Mars in a instant. Superhuman growth, the list goes on, and he is immortal. This is stated in by Alan Moore the creator of the character. Im sure he knowns Manhattans power levels. Dr. Manhattan said he was going to create some life too. Thats a feat Surfer hasnt shown yet. Surfer has only speeded up the process of life. And BTW when Surfer did his planet wide scale even he killed every being on that planet and swore he would never do it again because he coulnt control it. No doubt in my mind Manhattan can shape a entire planet.   
Back to u.
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By why so serious
@Xan said:
"@JediXMan said:
"@jack128875 said:

"

A kind word of advice, 

@JediXMan,

Also SS STOMPS !

"

jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By jack128875
@supermandefender said:
"@JediXMan: Apologise for the rude comment. I am normally decent with replying I just thought jack had some interesting points I also kind of agree with and to hear being called a troll for a good debate kinda upset me too. It would be like calling me a troll too, even though this wasnt a direct attack at me I have had some direct attacks from you in the past and just got alitle upset at the name calling. I apologise for that.   The only problems the movie displayed I thought was they portraited Dr. M weaker than he is in the comic. He has shown more feats just nothing on a planet wide scale. Dr. M could mentally lift his creation on mars, hold a conversation with silk spectre, tap into her mind and show her events in her life, create water, milk out of thin air, hold a enegry field around silk spectre allowing her to breath on mars and said he could widin it so she could light her cigarette, and the conversation silk spectre and Dr. M were having was a debate should he save the planet meaning he could.  In the comic Dr. M could even make himself intangible like the Silver Surfer. Silk Spectre threw a cup at him and it phased right threw him.. Dr. M has stated he is pretty sure he can stop 99% of all nuclear wari and damage most of Russia in the process before the first nuke hit. Thats impressive.   You have a point about the god-like statement even the silver surfer would seem god-like to our standards.   The only difference between Surfers ability to see thru time and Manhattans is...for manhattan its automatic and Surfer well can do it. Another thing is Manhattan wittness past, present and future events at the sametime. Surfer only gets glimpes of the future, or possible futures. 1 problem. Its hard to debate a weakness in Dr.M only being able to see the future and not change it. Because in the Watchmen series he cannot change his responds and if Silver Surfer was in the watchmen universe he wouldnt be able to either. In that world everything is controlled, in the Marvel universe its not. So you cant really compare that.  Dr.M def has the ability to chane his fate I mean he could see what he is doing and just decide right then im changing my fate right now! Easy.....no not  the watchmen series. In that universe even down to Dr. Mannhattans reactions to certain events are controlled. If Silver Surfer existed in the watchmen universe his actions  would be controlled  too because there is a omnipotent power that controls all. Dr. M said he can just see the strings any and all efforts to change his histroy cannot be done. His every action is already been done before he does it.    Now to answer your he got upset and left to Mars statement because he thought he caused cancer. No in the comic he was accused of it, he was mad at the press and unlike the movie he didnt teleport to mars. He teleported everyone else in that room away. Then teleported to 2 other places before he left to mars. Sorry, I can give you exact details if you wish i have the comic but im sure you believe that and dont need it. Im going by memory of what I read. Anyway, then he teleported to mars. Again, to answer your question...its not because he cant do it its because all of even his actions have been set in motion already. He didnt do it because his future self didnt do it. He doesnt see the differences in life and death. It wasnt until there conversation on mars and they spoke of miracles that he changed his mind.    I think personally debating whether Dr. M's feat levels reach Surfers level shouldnt even be a topic personally. I mean its kind of rediculous you demaned to see someone act on a planet wide scale or there not considered as powerful. I personally think by the feats alone he has proven he has reacted that level. Jedi you said all we've seen Manhattan do is hover. Why fly if you have instant teleportation. He got to mars in a second. Thats pretty fast.   Now onto Oblivion. Surfer cannot do everything Manhattan can do. Manhattan can reconstruct his body after it being totally destoryed. He is immortal, he can duplicate himself......and teleport. Surfer while he has teleported it is not within his within his arsenal of powers. The same thing goes for the entering the astral planes, even though he has achieved this its not in his arsenal of powers.  But it is a wild card in the Surfers favor. He was able to take down beings on a Galactus level during the Annilation series, even surpising Galactus. Im not stating Sufer cannot beat Manhattan because he is a wild card in any fight he gets in but he does not stomp Dr. M. To think Dr. M is a lower level character because of feats used on humans only is just a assumation. He has said and shown feats that say otherwise. Teleporting to Mars in a instant. Superhuman growth, the list goes on, and he is immortal. This is stated in by Alan Moore the creator of the character. Im sure he knowns Manhattans power levels. Dr. Manhattan said he was going to create some life too. Thats a feat Surfer hasnt shown yet. Surfer has only speeded up the process of life. And BTW when Surfer did his planet wide scale even he killed every being on that planet and swore he would never do it again because he coulnt control it. No doubt in my mind Manhattan can shape a entire planet.   Back to u. "

Thanks Man.  You ended it well.  Doctor Manhattan wins.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By MKF30

I think Doctor M wins this personally...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#387  Edited By AtPhantom

Astral plane still brings Surfer the win.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By Matezoide2

Silver Surfer won this a long time ago

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By why so serious
no he didnt. Manhattan for the curbstomp
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#390  Edited By Erik

Bump.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#391  Edited By Erik
@erik said:
" Bump. "
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Gah. I'll probably sit this one out. I've debated this topic for.... what, 10+ pages? I'll intervene when necessary.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By karrob
@King Saturn said:
" SeSAW said:
"IDK Surfer has shown the ability to channel the crunch and that trumps anything Manhattan has ever done."
That is True. I think Manhattan has been given more credit lately due to his large Power Skill Set compared to what he has done during The Watchman series... but it kind of unfair to say Surfer would just run through Manhattan when Manhattan has never really faced no where near the level of competition the Surfer has in the Marvel Universe... so we really dont know what Manhattan can do... "
Thats what I was thinking.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if DM can figure out away to control the power of cosmic,he would most likely remove all of it from SS's body.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#395  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Dr. Manhattan

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By Hellos
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
"if DM can figure out away to control the power of cosmic,he would most likely remove all of it from SS's body."

What is this based on?
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins, lets see ACTUAL FEATS by Doc to put him ahead. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" Surfer wins, lets see ACTUAL FEATS by Doc to put him ahead.  "
I agree with this 100% (yeah, I know I said I'd stay out of it. I'm just agreeing)
gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By gobstakid777
@MarvelJackAss433 said:

" if DM can figure out away to control the power of cosmic,he would most likely remove all of it from SS's body. "

There is just so much fail in that statement. You really take your username to heart, don't you? 

@Prince of Saiyans said:

" Surfer wins, lets see ACTUAL FEATS by Doc to put him ahead.  "

Very true. As I'm sure has already been stated many times in thread, every feat Doc has done, SS has probably already previously accomplished on a far more grandiose scale, not mention having extremely awesome feats Doc can't even comprehend doing. 
Anyways SS is gonna take this. Won't be a curbstomp, but still
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Surge2477
@why so serious said:
"no he didnt. Manhattan for the curbstomp "
wrong

@Matezoide said: