Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan: You didn't like the Iron Man trailer? It looked awesome.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252  Edited By Hellos

Anime Wolverine's long hair is whats killing it for me, IM one feels like Tony went to Japan for some reason to fight robot people.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Static Shock
@Hellos: LOL
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#254  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock: 

Ok, maybe "horrible" is a little strong. It does look interesting and the trailer was kinda cool. I just have a dislike for Anime in general.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Surge2477
@JediXMan said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @JediXMan: That Wolverine trailer looks lame. He doesn't even look like Wolverine. "
He looks almost like Daken.   The Iron Man trailer looks horrible, but not quite as bad as Wolverine. "

I THOUGHT Iron man looked good. and it would make more sense fighting that RoBoTech/Gundam type of character.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan: Oh, OK. LOL.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @Static Shock:   Ok, maybe "horrible" is a little strong. It does look interesting and the trailer was kinda cool. I just have a dislike for Anime in general."

<3 Anime, where would we all be without giant robots / mechas?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Static Shock:   Ok, maybe "horrible" is a little strong. It does look interesting and the trailer was kinda cool. I just have a dislike for Anime in general."
<3 Anime, where would we all be without giant robots / mechas? "
Lol. Something about Anime just irritates me. Maybe it's the odd hair. Did anyone else notice that Pepper (I assume that's Pepper in the car) had green hair?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
"Lol. Something about Anime just irritates me. Maybe it's the odd hair. Did anyone else notice that Pepper (I assume that's Pepper in the car) had green hair? "

Could be some random anime chick in the car or the lighting somehow turning her hair red. Can't really guess as to who anyone is in that trailer with the exception of Tony himself. :P
*Infinity*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#260  Edited By *Infinity*

Ummm I seeing the Dr. taking this one, not to sure why.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Hellos
@*Infinity* said:
"Ummm I seeing the Dr. taking this one, not to sure why. "

He gives off a god vibe to a lot of people despite just being an average Matter / energy manipulator in the comic book world.  
He honestly hasn't shown the destructive power to even harm Norrin, ceratinly can't over power him. 

Perhaps if this reboot of SS film comes to the big screen roles will be reversed having Norrin going up against people that slaughter house him. :P
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

Hopefully they won't screw up a Silver Surfer movie like they did in Rise of the Silver Surfer.

"The power comes from the board..." .... yeah......
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @Hellos:   Hopefully they won't screw up a Silver Surfer movie like they did in Rise of the Silver Surfer. "The power comes from the board..." .... yeah......"

I think they have the guy from Annihilation writing the script, I can't remember though. 

The whole board being his power source seemed just a cheesy way for FF4 to even have a chance to slow him down and convince him not to let the Big G chow on Earth, since they have no chance in hell of actually harming him. His own solo title can't really face such a need hopefully, just slap a rediculously powerful villian from the cosmic list to fight him, or have someone send him on a journey of redemption while they reveal his back story. 

If all else fails, atleast we will get a game out of it.  

Though I do think at the end of the film he actually got the power cosmic himself instead of his board when he went all SELF SACRIFICE MODE!, but thats just speculation on something they are completely rebooting anyways. He was shiney and not dieing while not connected to the board wasnt he :P?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

I personally would have done the movie differently. If I were writing it, I'd start with Reed and Victor in the University (I forget what school it was). There would be a few mystic books around on Victor's desk, but nothing is mentioned about them until the second film (just a nod to the fans). Then we have the explosion that scarred him. Then, ten-ish years later, we have the Fantastic Four doing a research mission in space funded by SHIELD. And we have Victor, dictator of Latveria. The second movie I'd have him be a mystic threat.

The Silver Surfer movie should be treated as being separate from the Fantastic Four movies.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @Hellos:   I personally would have done the movie differently. If I were writing it, I'd start with Reed and Victor in the University (I forget what school it was). There would be a few mystic books around on Victor's desk, but nothing is mentioned about them until the second film (just a nod to the fans). Then we have the explosion that scarred him. Then, ten-ish years later, we have the Fantastic Four doing a research mission in space funded by SHIELD. And we have Victor, dictator of Latveria. The second movie I'd have him be a mystic threat.  The Silver Surfer movie should be treated as being separate from the Fantastic Four movies. "

If Marvel actually had the rights to do the film, that might be more so what we would see.

Instead the new FF reboot is going to be batmanish in the dark factor since Fox is evil :P

I honestly want to see if Fox could ever find better casting choices because the original cast was pretty nice for the most part. Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk are Marvel movies done right.  
Suit case Suit case in IM2, YES.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

A dark F4 movie? Huh. Interesting.

Chris Evans (Human Torch) and Michael Chiklis were the best as far as casting goes. The rest could've been done better.

Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are definitely the best Marvel moves.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Surge2477:  Wow you have no idea about comics what so ever do u? Dr.M wasnt unable to stop Nukes lol. He didnt because he couldnt sense a future for earth. Meaning he didnt stop the nukes. The Tachyons blocked his vision of the future. Dr.M is a firm believer that the future cant be changed, that all of his actions to every situation have already happened before they happen. 
BY def. being immortal just means you cant die for whatever reason. They are plenty of levels of immortality.....some characters are of lower forms of immortals than others....Ares God of War Immortal but not all powerful immortal.......Vandal Savage immortal but weak and human.....can be very easily ripped in half.....but would still live. Spectre.....immortal.....to the point of how immortal this character is....even if he were to be ripped in half somehow....he could just reform coming back to life......Dr. Manhattan.....can do the same. Big difference. Your scans are old. Surfer only reformed because he was in another universe and his soul was spit from his board. Surfer cannot reform like that using his normal powers. Get it right my friend. Surfer took the powers of the Uni-lord and all of the uni-lords souls to defeat uni-lord and get back home. Surfer cannot do this feat. BAD EXAMPLE! Btw surge Monarch isnt a big character in the DCU. Just a very powerful enemy during the final crisis time.
I am fully aware of what Static is trying to say. Cartoon characters are not the same has the actual comic book characters. Captains Atoms powers are still not above Dr. Manhattan. Fact is Captain atom is limited to having his body. Just like the Silver Surfer.....he loses this fight. JLA cartoon shows are not a exact T about the characters but they not going to totally mess them up. 
Static you are missing the points my friend.....Captain Atom just like Silver Surfer can have a unlimited power source but that doesnt mean they have unlimited power! You need to look up more of Captain Atoms flaws in fights. Yes he is very powerful im not saying he is not but he is not above Superman. Monarch is I agree. But Monarch is dead and there is only Captain Atom now with no memory of what happened when he was Monarch. 
 Dr. M is just a more powerful verson thought up of Captain Atom. Face it.
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For static! 
  Doctor Manhattan was based on Charlton's Captain Atom, who in Moore's original proposal was surrounded by the shadow of nuclear threat. However, the writer found he could do more with Manhattan as a "kind of a quantum super-hero" than he ever could have with Captain Atom. Moore sought to delve into nuclear physics and quantum physics in constructing the character of Dr. Manhattan. The writer believed that a character living in a quantum universe would not perceive time with a linear perspective, which would influence the character's perception of human affairs.  For JediXman: I dont talk down Surfer all the time. I just dont think he takes every fight every time. And In this fight I dont think Surfer can win.
But its comics he could pull it off somehow. But the idea im fighting is your saying Surfer is for fact more powerful than Dr. M and thats horse shit. Surfer could win its possible but i see DR. M winning. Never stated DR. M could destory a universe. 

Dr.Ms powers
 Doctor Manhattan is the only character with super powers, though his powers are so advanced that they make him almost like a god. His consciousness has become linked to reality on a quantum level, allowing him to behave in the ways of sub-atomic particles, and have precise mental control over sub-atomic particles and forces, including the ones in his own body. Uses of this power include matter transformation, teleportation over astronomical distances, phase shifting and creating multiple copies of himself. He is seemingly immortal and does not require food, water or air to survive. Perhaps the superpower that most defines his personality is his ability see all along his own personal timeline at once, past and future. The only thing known to interfere with his ability to see the future are tachyons, high-energy particles that travel backwards through time, which could be made by nuclear detonations on a global scale ( Ozymandias uses custom-made tachyon-emitters in satellites and at his Antarctic base specifically to trick Dr. Manhattan into thinking that a nuclear war was imminent). Dr. Manhattan is not omniscient, however, only knowing the past and future as it has or will occur for himself. This power to see the future is perhaps the greatest, and only practical, limit to Dr. Manhattan's powers: he does not take action or interfere because he knows that he will not, and feels and is as powerless to change the future as a normal person can change what they did yesterday. The result is that the most powerful man in the world, the literal super-man, has become indifferent to human concerns and feels increasingly less desire to interfere in human events.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender: I'm not missing your point, at all. I'm trying to tell you what has been said for Captain Atom's character in the comic books, because you obviously haven't read them. If they stated that he has virtually limitless potential, and that he's potentially the most powerful man alive (which was said in Armageddon 2001 #2), then that's adamant. Being limited to having his body doesn't really mean anything. What flaws are you referring to for Captain Atom, as if no other superhero has flaws in their battles? Superman has a lot of them. It doesn't take away from how powerful a superhero is. I could name several examples. As far as not being above Superman, I have to disagree with you, based on his showings. Dr. Manhattan hasn't done anything that would make him more powerful than Captain Atom. If he has, you need to tell me or at the very least, show me. Again, you're comparing a guy from a 12-issue graphic novel to a guy that's been in 300-something comic books and loads more showings of things that Dr. Manhattan has never done. Teleporting and being able to see through time to doesn't make you more powerful than someone else. Telling me to face it isn't going to work, because there's a thread here that proves Atom is more powerful than Dr. Manhattan, and you looked at it. You have yet to show me anything. 

I'll wait for you. :)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender: Dude, I don't care about Alan Moore's word. It doesn't prove anything. All that tells me is that Moore made Manhattan different, in a sense that he wouldn't perceive time like others do. Hence, he would interact with other human beings differently than any of us would. Besides, it's states that Manhattan was based on the Charlton Comics version of Captain Atom, not the DC version (the one I've been talking about, whose character is also built upon the concepts of quantum physics and quantum field theory). Has nothing to do with power or being more powerful than Captain Atom. 

What you posted proves that Manhattan is based on a different version of Captain Atom, and less powerful than the DC version. This one.

Moore based his character on this version, which pales in comparison to the current version, who is in fact different, and loads more powerful.
 Moore based his character on this version, which pales in comparison to the current version, who is in fact different, and loads more powerful.

This is the Captain Atom I'm referring to, since you have an issue with getting them mixed up.

Captain Atom. The current one. The DC incarnation. This Atom >>>> Dr. Manhattan, who was based on a different and weaker version of Captain Atom that was written by Charlton Comics during the Pre-Crisis era and before DC Captain Atom's ongoing in 1986.
Captain Atom. The current one. The DC incarnation. This Atom >>>> Dr. Manhattan, who was based on a different and weaker version of Captain Atom that was written by Charlton Comics during the Pre-Crisis era and before DC Captain Atom's ongoing in 1986.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@supermandefender said:

" @Surge2477:  Wow you have no idea about comics what so ever do u? Dr.M wasnt unable to stop Nukes lol. He didnt because he couldnt sense a future for earth. Meaning he didnt stop the nukes. The Tachyons blocked his vision of the future. Dr.M is a firm believer that the future cant be changed, that all of his actions to every situation have already happened before they happen.  BY def. being immortal just means you cant die for whatever reason. They are plenty of levels of immortality.....some characters are of lower forms of immortals than others....Ares God of War Immortal but not all powerful immortal.......Vandal Savage immortal but weak and human.....can be very easily ripped in half.....but would still live. Spectre.....immortal.....to the point of how immortal this character is....even if he were to be ripped in half somehow....he could just reform coming back to life......Dr. Manhattan.....can do the same. Big difference. Your scans are old. Surfer only reformed because he was in another universe and his soul was spit from his board. Surfer cannot reform like that using his normal powers. Get it right my friend. Surfer took the powers of the Uni-lord and all of the uni-lords souls to defeat uni-lord and get back home. Surfer cannot do this feat. BAD EXAMPLE! Btw surge Monarch isnt a big character in the DCU. Just a very powerful enemy during the final crisis time. I am fully aware of what Static is trying to say. Cartoon characters are not the same has the actual comic book characters. Captains Atoms powers are still not above Dr. Manhattan. Fact is Captain atom is limited to having his body. Just like the Silver Surfer.....he loses this fight. JLA cartoon shows are not a exact T about the characters but they not going to totally mess them up.  Static you are missing the points my friend.....Captain Atom just like Silver Surfer can have a unlimited power source but that doesnt mean they have unlimited power! You need to look up more of Captain Atoms flaws in fights. Yes he is very powerful im not saying he is not but he is not above Superman. Monarch is I agree. But Monarch is dead and there is only Captain Atom now with no memory of what happened when he was Monarch.   Dr. M is just a more powerful verson thought up of Captain Atom. Face it. "

1. I wouldn't be accusing others of not reading comics, if I were you.
2. Stop using "lol." Real immature. 
3. But that means he was still unsure if he could stop the missiles. If you're saying that he might not have even tried, then you proved my point that he does not act on what he sees.
4. Immortality is a relative term. Spectre has been defeated and his host "killed," but the Aztar lives. And I really hope you're not comparing Spectre, God's vengeance incarnate, to Manhattan. It does not matter if you're immortal. You can lose a fight. Spectre should be immortal! And he is. But immortality does not equal omnipotence. Every immortal character has been defeated at one time or another (again, except for the Presence and the One Above All - who are omnipotent).
5. Actually, yeah, the cartoon did mess up on a few things. Well, not "mess up," but their characters are not like the comics.  In one episode, Superman had trouble lifting a firetruck. Darkseid's Omega Effect is treated like a laser. Amazo is near-omnipotent. So yeah, the DCAU versions are VERY different from the comics. The only one that is not at least 10 times weaker than in the comics is Amazo, who is not near-omnipotent in the comics.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Hellos

@supermandefender said:

"@Surge2477:  Wow you have no idea about comics what so ever do u?"

Irony Meter is broken. I still think your trolling.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
"

@supermandefender said:

"@Surge2477:  Wow you have no idea about comics what so ever do u?"

Irony Meter is broken. I still think your trolling.

"
Seems it. Almost every post ends the same. "Manhattan beats Surfer. Face facts" with a few lol's tossed in.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Surge2477
@supermandefender said:
"@Surge2477:  Wow you have no idea about comics what so ever do u? Dr.M wasnt unable to stop Nukes lol. He didnt because he couldnt sense a future for earth. Meaning he didnt stop the nukes. The Tachyons blocked his vision of the future. Dr.M is a firm believer that the future cant be changed, that all of his actions to every situation have already happened before they happen.  BY def. being immortal just means you cant die for whatever reason. They are plenty of levels of immortality.....some characters are of lower forms of immortals than others....Ares God of War Immortal but not all powerful immortal.......Vandal Savage immortal but weak and human.....can be very easily ripped in half.....but would still live. Spectre.....immortal.....to the point of how immortal this character is....even if he were to be ripped in half somehow....he could just reform coming back to life......Dr. Manhattan.....can do the same. Big difference. Your scans are old. Surfer only reformed because he was in another universe and his soul was spit from his board. Surfer cannot reform like that using his normal powers. Get it right my friend. Surfer took the powers of the Uni-lord and all of the uni-lords souls to defeat uni-lord and get back home. Surfer cannot do this feat. BAD EXAMPLE! Btw surge Monarch isnt a big character in the DCU. Just a very powerful enemy during the final crisis time. I am fully aware of what Static is trying to say. Cartoon characters are not the same has the actual comic book characters. Captains Atoms powers are still not above Dr. Manhattan. Fact is Captain atom is limited to having his body. Just like the Silver Surfer.....he loses this fight. JLA cartoon shows are not a exact T about the characters but they not going to totally mess them up.  Static you are missing the points my friend.....Captain Atom just like Silver Surfer can have a unlimited power source but that doesnt mean they have unlimited power! You need to look up more of Captain Atoms flaws in fights. Yes he is very powerful im not saying he is not but he is not above Superman. Monarch is I agree. But Monarch is dead and there is only Captain Atom now with no memory of what happened when he was Monarch.   Dr. M is just a more powerful verson thought up of Captain Atom. Face it. "

@supermandefender:

Poor misguided soul. You really are sad.  First the immortal thing, you're trying to bend to strengthen your weak ass argument (by the way, it makes you look sillier with each comment you make) . You clearly missed the whole point I was making about regarding immortallity. So I will dumb it down for for. I didn't say Surfer would rip Manhattan in half, I was merely (and i thought clearly) pointing out that the Olympian Gods are functionally immortal as they can't die from old age. That they only way to kill them is to disperce a large portion of there body. Manhattan is only immortal he consists of energy & no longer ages. It doesn't mean that he can't be killed by a more powerful being. I thought by giving an example you would've realized that. Perhaps you're purposely ignoring to avoid admitting you can't prove your point? If Dr. Manhattan stays in his safe little dimension, of course no one will kill because no one is equipped to oppose him. Saying that no one has killed him doesn't prove your point, it just means even you are observant of the situation.  Dr. Manhattan was a human being given his power(s) due to a accident. Ozzy was trying to kill him while in the north pole. It didn't work the that time. That doesn't make him immortal, he just can't be killed by using tachyons to atomize his molecules into nothing. It's not valid to say that Manhattan didn't stop the nukes because he didn't see the need to. It was stated by Ozzy that Manhattan could stop 99% of the nukes. So logical deduction says that as powerful as he is, he still has limits. Go rent the dvd & listen. Saying I know nothing of comics is a pathetic attempt when eveidence is in this thread of you not knowing that Static was talking about Captain Atom from the comics & you were 1st talking about the one from JLU.  

So anyway, Manhattan's being made of pure energy that was once a regular human? We can agree on this? The Silver Surfer is a being that possesses the power cosmic, giving him the ability to absorb/channel/manipulate all forms energy. He also has special affinity on life energies, mainly those of living beings. Seems fairly simple to me that Surfer will use his ability to turn Manhattan back to a regular human seeming how he ot his powers from an accident & also since the Surfer has taken away the powers of being before. Supermandefender,  that should end this thread that has gone on for to long.  There really shouldn't be anything left for you to say. There's nothing AT ALL that you can prove.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:

"Seems it. Almost every post ends the same. "Manhattan beats Surfer. Face facts" with a few lol's tossed in. "

It's more so some of the things he said in this thread that makes it appear he didn't really understand what was actually happening in watchmen some of the time.  
He thought Manhattan could give people powers, like breatheing on Mars. That and claimed he was nigh omnipotent.  

His stance seems to switch often saying "SS can win, SS Can't win" between these. 

I believe hes trolling mostly because of the SS vs SM thread, where hes trying to tell us Norrin can't beat Black Panther, can't go intangible or is Terrax's equal(tears roll down eye).  
This thread just makes him look like a rabid Manhattan fanboy.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Surge2477
@Hellos:
@JediXMan:
@JediXMan:
thanks for the assist. but i killed him in a reply already. he's just having a hard time accepting that for all his rigamarole, he hasn't said a thing that is true. he just seems to be so in love with Dr. Manhattan that he will just say nonsense.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Static Shock
@Surge2477 said:

Saying I know nothing of comics is a pathetic attempt when eveidence is in this thread of you not knowing that Static was talking about Captain Atom from the comics & you were 1st talking about the one from JLU. 

As well as saying Manhattan was based on the Charlton version of Captain Atom, when he's nothing like the current Captain Atom, either. 

Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Surge2477
@Static Shock said:
" @Surge2477 said:

Saying I know nothing of comics is a pathetic attempt when eveidence is in this thread of you not knowing that Static was talking about Captain Atom from the comics & you were 1st talking about the one from JLU. 

As well as saying Manhattan was based on the Charlton version of Captain Atom, when he's nothing like the current Captain Atom, either.     "

He didn't know. I don't read DC comics, but i still was somewhat familiar with Monarch being somewhat linked to Captain Atom. He's CLAIMS TO READ COMICS & CLEARLY DIDN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. Indeed he has exposed himself.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Static Shock
@Surge2477: True. LOL.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" @JediXMan said:

"Seems it. Almost every post ends the same. "Manhattan beats Surfer. Face facts" with a few lol's tossed in. "

It's more so some of the things he said in this thread that makes it appear he didn't really understand what was actually happening in watchmen some of the time.  
He thought Manhattan could give people powers, like breatheing on Mars. That and claimed he was nigh omnipotent.  

His stance seems to switch often saying "SS can win, SS Can't win" between these. 

I believe hes trolling mostly because of the SS vs SM thread, where hes trying to tell us Norrin can't beat Black Panther, can't go intangible or is Terrax's equal(tears roll down eye).  This thread just makes him look like a rabid Manhattan fanboy. "
He said Terrax was EQUAL to the Silver Surfer?! Ok, that pretty much kills this guy's arguments. As does the Black Panther comment, which everyone should know is complete BS and should never, EVER, be brought up in a debate.

The order of Heralds in my opinion is:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Fallen One
3. Morg (he is probably #1 with WoL)
4. Stardust 
5. Terrax
6. Red-shift
7. Firelord 
8. Nova
9. Air-Walker

The order of Terrax, Red-Shift, and Firelord I'm uncertain on. But they're definitely in the 5, 6, and 7 range. Air-Walker is where he is due to his horrible death.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan:
Fallen Ones lacks feats, Morg would hit #1 with WoL, Terrax has had a bad chain of losses as of late making him Marvel's punching bag.  
But yeah Norrin shouldn't ever be compared to Terrax, ever.  

Told him to make an SS vs Black Panther thread and see what replies he would get.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

Fallen One does, but he's been referred to as powerful. I think, anyway. 

Yeah, with WoL he would be #1. He might be #3 or 4 without, but I'm unsure.

Terrax has, yes. I was just impressed with him during Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus.

Lol. A Silver Surfer vs Black Panther thread would be funny.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan:
Yeah he was stated to be above SS before his upgrade if I remember right, just has about 0 feats to support that claim.  

There probably already is a thread.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos: 

True. And, as you said, that was pre-upgrade. Wasn't it Thanos that said that? And Thanos knew nothing of Surfer's upgrade. Also, Surfer beat the beings that defeated Fallen One (... technicalities aside....)

I actually searched Silver Surfer vs Black Panther. It ignored the "Panther" part and it came up with dozens of Silver Surfer vs Black Adam threads.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan:  
Yeah, BA and SS pop up in a lot of threads seperately and together.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan: Somebody made a Black Panther vs. Silver Surfer thread a while back.... I posted the armbar scan in there just to be funny.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Hellos
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan: 

"Maybe he'll put Galactus in a hammerlock too.  After all, Big G's physique is probably "as humanoid as it appears"..." 

This is one of my favorite posts in it. Anyways later.
Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#290  Edited By Mahtu

Manhattan

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pointless agruements. Does it make you guys feel better to attack me? Im really offended....o_O? Not referring this to Static because your just aguring your own point of view, which is cool. Im basing my information from other sources and reading comics....it seems we have a difference of opinion and thats cool. Dr. Ms feats to me seemed more impressive in my point of view. To me it shows him having more possibilities and capable of doing the same feats and more than Captain Atoms. Plus from comments made by the creator of Captain Atom even said he could do more with Dr. Manhattan than he could with Captain Atom. 
 Getting alittle frustrated with replying to 4 people at one time..... forgive me for  saying you not seeing the picture. U seem to know a good deal about Captain Atom.....I was simply saying that Captain Atom may have limitless potential but that does not mean he can achieve any feat he wishes. Superman has limitless potential, Silver Surfer has limitless potential, but they can all be beat. Im not saying Captain Atom or Silver Surfer cant beat Dr.Manhattan. 
 Im saying to everyone DR. Manhattan I think is more powerful. And can beat Silver Surfer, Captain Atom, or Superman aka my favorite. Just because I think he is that powerful. 
Comments from others saying Silver Surfer wins this easily or Dr. Manhattan isnt in his league are alittle just wow~! Silver Surfer is not that powerful. He has achieve great feats like Captain Atom has but he is not that much higher than Captain Atom.....Superman......Dr. Manhattan. Honestly I forgot why we started aguring between Captain Atom and Dr. Manhattan on a Silver Surfer vs  Dr. Manhattan thread???? Maybe a new thread should start between Silver Surfer and Captain Atom maybe you will see what im talking about. Any word against the Silver Surfer and you have the geek squad ontop of you. But like I said before pointless agruements......they wont admit they are wrong and they dont know.

JediXman: Morg would be number one in that time because he defeated all the heralds at once....including the Silver Surfer. Before Galactus took away Morgs powers that is. Terrax has drew with the Silver Surfer in fights before......I simply stated that he has drawed with him. Thats it. And Black Panther did beat Silver Surfer when Black Panther got the power cosmic because he was a better hand to hand fighter than Silver Surfer. Normally Black Panther stands no chance. 

Surge: I could careless about Dr. Manhattan. He is just powerful. And if you guys think Silver Surfer takes him in a easy fight....i cant even reply to that. Ur obviously Silver Surfer fanboys defending Surfer in every situation. You even tried to prove to me Surfer can recreate himself after being smashed into pieces? I mean Ive already answered that like 2 or 3 times. This is my last post on this subject its obvious to me this is pointless.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender said: 

To me it shows him having more possibilities and capable of doing the same feats and more than Captain Atoms. Plus from comments made by the creator of Captain Atom even said he could do more with Dr. Manhattan than he could with Captain Atom.  

You seem to be forgetting that Moore based his character off the Charlton version of Atom in order to make him more powerful and able to do things that the Charlton version of Captain Atom never did. It has nothing to do with the DC version of Captain Atom, who Dr. Manhattan isn't based off of (based on what you copied and pasted already), has obviously done things that Manhattan couldn't achieve with his powers and is written to be more powerful than than the Charlton version anyway. Cary Bates probably did it to one-up Alan Moore, IMO.

I was simply saying that Captain Atom may have limitless potential but that does not mean he can achieve any feat he wishes

That's where you're confused, because no one ever said that he can achieve any feat he wishes. Having limitless potential should have never translated to that in your perspective.

Dr. Ms feats to me seemed more impressive in my point of view

You haven't even told me what make Manhattan more powerful than Captain Atom (the DC version) anyway.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Hellos
@supermandefender said:

" And Black Panther did beat Silver Surfer when Black Panther got the power cosmic because he was a better hand to hand fighter than Silver Surfer. Normally Black Panther stands no chance."   

Yeah that tottally makes sense. -___- 

"Surge: I could careless about Dr. Manhattan."

Namely why you don't even seem to understand what the character can do. :P

"He is just powerful. And if you guys think Silver Surfer takes him in a easy fight....i cant even reply to that. Ur obviously Silver Surfer fanboys defending Surfer in every situation." 

Irony Meter Broke again  

" This is my last post on this subject its obvious to me this is pointless. "

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By LT1085

Got to go with SS on this one. If you took a lion that was born in captivity and release it into the wild, it's not going to do well since all it's had to contend with its whole life are individual chickens at feeding time and zoo patrons gawking at it all day. Enter the wild lion, who's had to endure the life and death struggle with survival its whole life. what happens when these two meet? 

supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You seem to be forgetting that Moore based his character off the Charlton version of Atom in order to make him more powerful and able to do things that the Charlton version of Captain Atom never did. It has nothing to do with the DC version of Captain Atom, who Dr. Manhattan isn't based off of (based on what you copied and pasted already), has obviously done things that Manhattan couldn't achieve with his powers and is written to be more powerful than than the Charlton version anyway. Cary Bates probably did it to one-up Alan Moore, IMO. 

Doubtful. Final crisis. The Quantum Superman read that. Thats based off Dr. Manhattan. His quote in that story  while easily subduing Ultraman aka Superman another universe. Allen Adam said I am above fighting. Last i checked Captain Atom is not.  

That's where you're confused, because no one ever said that he can achieve any feat he wishes. Having limitless potential should have never translated to that in your perspective.

Need to be more clear with words just miss read you i guess. If you have limitless potential that kinda says you can achieve any feat you wish. Kind of like he does in his Quantum universe which is limited only by his imagation.  

You haven't even told me what make Manhattan more powerful than Captain Atom (the DC version) anyway.  

I have just its kind of hard when the character has only been used in a couple issues. Thank god they kind of brought the character back in Final Crisis. Dr. Manhattan in the comics and movie refer to Dr. Manhattan as Superman then changed there mind and refer to him as GOD! Not a god......the GOD! Sounds more powerful. But thats IMO! 

HEllos: 

Obviously i know more about the character than u if you think Silver Surfer wins easy here. Maybe you should know more about your character instead of using smart ass comments. And I am done fighting a useless debate against fanboys.  Its obvious Silver Surfer should not win this. But idc whatever gets you thru the day my friend.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#296  Edited By Power NeXus

Oh. Yay. This thread is back.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#297  Edited By Power NeXus
@supermandefender: 

.....I was simply saying that Captain Atom may have limitless potential but that does not mean he can achieve any feat he wishes.     

If you have limitless potential that kinda says you can achieve any feat you wish.    

??
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Power NeXus:
If you dont want to bother reading........dont reply.  

Static said Captain Atom has limitless potential....I didnt.  And when I heard him say that I replied with NO. He has limitless potential in the Quantum universe. And I was agruing about the way he worded it. If you say someone has limitless potential you are saying he can achieve anything. And I simply disagreed.  

Then he said I shouldnt have thought that way.....from the way he worded it. Then my reply was what doesn limitless potential mean to you?  
Thanks for trying tho Nexus???????????
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender said:

"Doubtful. Final crisis. The Quantum Superman read that. Thats based off Dr. Manhattan. His quote in that story  while easily subduing Ultraman aka Superman another universe. Allen Adam said I am above fighting. Last i checked Captain Atom is not.  

It's based off of Dr. Manhattan, but it isn't Dr. Manhattan. There's a difference. Allen Adam being above fighting doesn't really say much. This, in any case, has nothing to do with what I said in reference to Dr. Manhattan being based on Charlton-verse Captain Atom and not the DC Universe Captain Atom.

@supermandefender said:

"Need to be more clear with words just miss read you i guess. If you have limitless potential that kinda says you can achieve any feat you wish. Kind of like he does in his Quantum universe which is limited only by his imagation.  

Are you contradicting yourself? This is what PowerNexus just pointed out to you, and you didn't catch on to it. Case and point.

@supermandefender: 

.....I was simply saying that Captain Atom may have limitless potential but that does not mean he can achieve any feat he wishes.    

Which is it?

I have just its kind of hard when the character has only been used in a couple issues. Thank god they kind of brought the character back in Final Crisis. Dr. Manhattan in the comics and movie refer to Dr. Manhattan as Superman then changed there mind and refer to him as GOD! Not a god......the GOD! Sounds more powerful. But thats IMO!

Actions speak louder than words. I respect your opinion, but I don't agree.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender said:

Static said Captain Atom has limitless potential....

That is partially correct. I said virtually limitless. Not limitless. It's not just in the Quantum Field. The potential is there whenever he calls upon the Quantum Field for it's use. You took it to mean that Atom currently had limitless power, when a potential refers to how potent someone will become, or the growth of their powers in the future.

@supermandefender said:

" He has limitless potential in the Quantum universe.

Outside of it, too. What I stated was that he can't pull universe feats out of his butt in normal space/dimension.

@supermandefender said:

"If you say someone has limitless potential you are saying he can achieve anything. And I simply disagreed.

But, that wasn't what I was stating. Having no limit to your powers doesn't mean you can do anything, which would refer to omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, supreme being stuff. Magneto power over magnetism is stated to be limitless, but it doesn't mean he can do anything.