Dr. Manhattan vs Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for amalgamuniverse
amalgamuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#451  Edited By amalgamuniverse

I think that the good doctor will win

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By Jeronimo

@jojjimbo said:

Manhattan can create star system...yet it was stated that he couldn't even stop all of the Russian nukes...He's Omniscient, yet was fooled into believing that he had given his friends cancer, all powerful..yet he couldn't prevent the destruction of several major cities. for the last time, Manhattan isn't omniscient/omnipotent/omnipresent...he is not a god, hes a matter/energy manipulator...stop making false claims. Silver Surfer shows Manhattan what a real matter/energy manipulator can do.

I concur. I couldn't have said it better.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#453  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@amalgamuniverse said:

I think that the good doctor will win

Prove it.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#454  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan:

I thought it was settled years ago that SS would easily crush Dr. Manhattan and it had absolutely nothing to do with who was more powerful but everything to do with SS's ability to absorb energy. Is this still true?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By JonSmith

... I don't... I don't... I don't WANT TO TALK ABOUT MANHATTAN ANYMORE...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#456  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Erik said:

@JediXMan:

I thought it was settled years ago that SS would easily crush Dr. Manhattan and it had absolutely nothing to do with who was more powerful but everything to do with SS's ability to absorb energy. Is this still true?

Oh yes. I just feel like calling the guy out on it. I usually wouldn't but he felt the need to bump a thread that hasn't seen action in almost a year; clearly this person must have something to say.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#457  Edited By Erik

@JediXMan said:

@Erik said:

@JediXMan:

Oh yes. I just feel like calling the guy out on it. I usually wouldn't but he felt the need to bump a thread that hasn't seen action in almost a year; clearly this person must have something to say.

LOL clearly.

Avatar image for thejokesonyoubats
thejokesonyoubats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry I'm kind of new and I was wondering weather surfer can just call on his power source so Dr. Manhattan gets blasted.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By justleader

Dr. Manhattan didnt show his true potential, so by feats silver surfer should win.

cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By cortadew

SS wins

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Vouile

Silver Surfer

@justleader said:

Dr. Manhattan didnt show his true potential, so by feats silver surfer should win.

What this guy said two months ago! xD

Vouile

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By Vaeternus

Could go either way but will go Dr. M

Zompirewolf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By Zompirewolf249

Manhattan has almost every advantage. Doc is unkillable while Surfer is not. The battle ends with a pile of dust that used to be the Silver Surfer and Dr. Manhattan meditating on Mars.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Zompirewolf249 said:

Manhattan has almost every advantage. Doc is unkillable while Surfer is not. The battle ends with a pile of dust that used to be the Silver Surfer and Dr. Manhattan meditating on Mars.

Read through the pages dude. I did. It's pretty clear that Surfer would win this fight.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#465  Edited By Wyldsong

@Zompirewolf249 said:

Doc is unkillable while Surfer is not.

He has only ever, ever come back from one single attack ever shown on pages, and this makes him unkillable? Intrinsic Field removal....that is it. Can you prove that every attack he would ever suffer removes an intrinsic field? You can't, and as such, stating he is unkillable is a little over the top=P

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Ohh great Moderators of Comicvine!! I beseech you, come and help us in our time of need!! Please lock this terrible thread and end this cursed abomination. *Prays for the help of the Moderators!!*

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By ToO_RaW

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Ohh great Moderators of Comicvine!! I beseech you, come and help us in our time of need!! Please lock this terrible thread and end this cursed abomination. *Prays for the help of the Moderators!!*

In terms of power on teh forums, Moderators are like what...Watchers? lol

emperoromega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS is powerful but he has power source he has weakness list any weaknesses dr M tachyon is just a type radiation that kinda mess with his vision of the future besides that it does nothing to him glactus and other has power sources and weaknesses even if he wad trap into a blackhole he would ust think hisself somewhete else or trsp Ss into a force field inside the sun or just think him away or bring into the blackhole with him ss is still matter dr M is beyond the physical world its like trying to fight with the wind or cacthing water with holes in your hand dr M can trap ds into his body and ss foolishy

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SS is powerful but he has power source he has weakness list any weaknesses dr M tachyon is just a type radiation that kinda mess with his vision of the future besides that it does nothing to him glactus and other has power sources and weaknesses even if he wad trap into a blackhole he would ust think hisself somewhete else or trsp Ss into a force field inside the sun or just think him away or bring into the blackhole with him ss is still matter dr M is beyond the physical world its like trying to fight with the wind or cacthing water with holes in your hand dr M can trap ds into his body and ss foolishy

1. What's stopping Silver Surfer from taking Dr Manhattan to the astral plane and screwing with him there?

2. Silver Surfer himself has stated he could make singularities in people head. He's even made a black hole beforehand (although he ran away from it lol).

3. Silver Surfer can Warp, and the furthest Doc Manhattan has ever teleported someone to is Mars.

4. Silver Surfer has flown through a sun. Not Just walked on its surface.

5.Silver Surfer can also turn intangible too. He can also trap people in his board too.

Simply put, Manhattan has done nothing to put himself on the level of Silver Surfer. He openly admitted that he could stop all the Soviet missiles. Silver Surfer channeled the energies of the crunch, and destroyed a Planet in his fight with Morg. Silver Surfer is a Telepath who can travel to the Astral Plane at will. Doc Manhattan didn't know he was tricked into thinking his wife had cancer. Doc Manhattan has transmuted Viet Cong Soldiers into bloody messes. Silver Surfer has transmuted alien who could survive in space into nothing but Atoms.

Calling Doctor Manhattan a silver surfer lite is being kind to the so called "Good Doctor". If you put an herald level character in the world of Watchmen they would be regarded as Gods too.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Guys, there is no need in bumping mismatched threads.