Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7780 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2014-

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think it all went down the drain with the "who shot bruce banner" story line. Indestructible Hulk was not that bad. Acceptable but after that ... I mean when I saw Bruce Banner a total retard I though it was the biggest slap in the fan's faces. Watching Bruce Banner looking like a fool discusted me to the highest extent. It would be like me taking superman, making him bump his head on a bald eagle and make him a total idiot who can't fly right anymore and become retarded. I just can't forget that storyline as the begining of the idiocy.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: i feel hulk will win against hulk buster. i f you notice black widow was calming him down after hulk as already battered tony stark, then i feel black widow will come and calm him. just saying though!! what are your taught on it?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my thoughts on it. Will still be better than what we are seeing in the comics

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medulaoblaganda said:

@bonifidehustla: the current storm is written by grek pak? man, i love that comic. its awesome. i like the way storm handles her power in her solo comic. you need to go check the comic out. if they keep making hulk comic terrible consistently, i might not be a fan of him any more.

I guess I will have to check it out. If they ruin Maestro will be done with Hulk for a long time. I already want people to spoil me about Avengers 2. Like if Hulk loses against Hulk buster i will wait to see it on blu-ray.

That's about the only thing that will take me out of the movie. They have shown Hulk to be nigh-unstoppable. For the plot, Ultron pimp slapping Hulk would work wonders, but if the Hulk Buster does so, I'd be ticked.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1155  Edited By Nomar

@teh_pwnerer: If Hulk loses to the HB in the movie. I'm gonna have to contain myself the in theatre. When the temperature suddenly raises in the theatre you're in. It'll be the blood of Hulk fans boiling. Lol. Then again I wouldn't be surprised that because of RDJ top billing in this franchise that they would give him the win. Ironman is the MCU Godfather.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1156 thedailybagel  Moderator

@teh_pwnerer: @nomar: in the trailer hulk gets calmed down by black widow whilst he has glowing red eyes (the same eyes he has in his fight with ironman). Take from you it what you will.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well "Thanos Vs Hulk" was a bit disappointing.

I expected much more.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: so which means hulk has defeated hulk buster and black widow came all of a sudden and calm him down, right? i would buy into that. lol

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1159 thedailybagel  Moderator
    thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1160 thedailybagel  Moderator

@realitywarper: I didnt. It's jim starlin and he'd see the world burn before he lets thanos have a good fight with a regular powerhouse like hulk.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I didnt. It's jim starlin and he'd see the world burn before he lets thanos have a good fight with a regular powerhouse like hulk.

Yep.

As you told me the title was more a marketing strategy.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thedailybagel said:

Yep.

Well its the last time I buy any sort of Hulk special series...feel absolutely cheated by what was a really quite poor book...

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@realitywarper said:

@thedailybagel said:

Yep.

Well its the last time I buy any sort of Hulk special series...feel absolutely cheated by what was a really quite poor book...

Basically nothing interesting happened in that book besides an amp for Annihilus.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@bezza: Yes, the entire Thanos vs. Hulk mini was nothing more than a big steaming pile of crap. A major ripoff. False advertisement. And yet those at Marvel wonder why the sales of their comics dwindle.

I guess the only hope we have, at least in regards to the Hulk, is that maybe the whole Secret Wars: Planet Hulk series will toughen Doc Green up and transform him into a more intelligent version of Green Scar/Gravage Hulk. Though, if Duggan is still on the character after Secret Wars, I'm not expecting a lot of momentum. Thus, it would seem our final hope lies in PAD's Secret Wars: Future Imperfect and the Maestro.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1165  Edited By GreenScar1990

HULK #14

The final confrontation between Doc Green & Red Hulk begins!

• The punching, kicking, thunder-clapping and even biting starts now!

• A surprise appearance from...Bruce Banner?

• Will Deadpool really betray Thunderbolt Ross for Doc Green?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1166 thedailybagel  Moderator

Looking at the solicitations for planet hulk again it looks like doc green is going to be more dangerous than everyone else.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, solicits lie all the time and overhype things. Doc Green has had so much time to prove how dangerous he can be but all we got is that medium-tier people could decapitate him easily if they wanted to. The guy is about as dangerous as a trip to the Spa.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Hopefully Doc Green finally kicks some ass. I like his smarts, but we need some good o'l fashioned smashing.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: How do you feel about DP being here and having such a critical influence on the fight?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: How do you feel about DP being here and having such a critical influence on the fight?

Could have been anyone, honestly. Deadpool is an odd choice since he's very unpredictable, so unless his connection with Captain american and his agenda to protect Jen plays into the story, Deadpool is just there because Duggan has experience writing him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea i feel the same, DP is the most unpredictable character ever so for a genius like Doc Green i really don't understand why he would put faith in him for such a critical part of the mission. And speaking of the mission are you OK with DP helping Doc Green beat Ross instead of it being a pure 1v1?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea i feel the same, DP is the most unpredictable character ever so for a genius like Doc Green i really don't understand why he would put faith in him for such a critical part of the mission. And speaking of the mission are you OK with DP helping Doc Green beat Ross instead of it being a pure 1v1?

I don't like it. First of, Ross's plan is idiotic since Hulk can absorb gamma radiation too, so why couldn't he amp himself up as well? I mean, this isn't cosmic radiation, right? It's Gamma, so why does Doc Green need DP's assistance is beyond me.

Also, Ross has gone far from using his absorbing powers, so why would go back to it is yet unknown.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:

I don't like it. First of, Ross's plan is idiotic since Hulk can absorb gamma radiation too, so why couldn't he amp himself up as well? I mean, this isn't cosmic radiation, right? It's Gamma, so why does Doc Green need DP's assistance is beyond me.

Also, Ross has gone far from using his absorbing powers, so why would go back to it is yet unknown.

I agree completely. Hulk absorbs radiation especially that which leaks involuntarily like it would on a nuclear waste site.

I guess this is a matter of life and death so Ross will pull all he has against Hulk... i am just not a fan of the setting at all... fighting on a nuclear waste site should amp both of them and DP really has no logical place here...

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@atheistknowledge said:

I agree completely. Hulk absorbs radiation especially that which leaks involuntarily like it would on a nuclear waste site.

I guess this is a matter of life and death so Ross will pull all he has against Hulk... i am just not a fan of the setting at all... fighting on a nuclear waste site should amp both of them and DP really has no logical place here...

Exactly I truly miss the solo Hulk thats why i loved him he didnt need anybody. Waid f*cked up everything. He doesnt need DP not really a fan of him but I wont hate on him either. If he doesnt do the move he learned from Iron Fist then that was a complete waste of a chapter. Either way it looks like Maestro will show them who is the boss.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1175 thedailybagel  Moderator

@theacidskull: @atheistknowledge: duggan writes deadpool which is probably half the reason, and the other is probably because no one else is dumb enough to work with doc g.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: It's honestly the only reason the same reason why Doc Green made an appearance with Nova. Why would someone have to be dumb enough to work with Doc Green?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1177  Edited By GreenScar1990

@atheistknowledge: Exactly. Nova & Deadpool are involved with Doc Green solely because Duggan is writing them both, just as the only reason Daredevil was involved with Hulk in Waid's lackluster run was because Waid was writing the man without fear.

Like I said over in the previews section, I'm not expecting much. You know what Marvel and its writers need to do with the Hulk? I'll tell you exactly what needs to be done.

Doc Green/Hulk needs a warrior's mind. They must exploit the Hulk's savagery and power. For you see, intellect alone in battle is utterly useless. How can we expect Hulk/Doc Green to overcome the greatest & most powerful threats in the Marvel Universe/Multiverse/Omniverse if he lacks the power to do so? They must let Hulk/Doc Green embrace his savagery & power. Let him become a warrior again.

Hulk needs to be a powerful, cunning, savage, incredible, indestructible, ass-kicking Warrior.

That's what I want.

And I can bet that's what a lot of readers/fans want.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1178 thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: pretty much.

Dumb was the wrong word. I guess I meant deranged enough to shoot ross.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1179 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: dude, expecting hulk to be a galaxy level threat is wishful thinking at best. He's never been written like that.

Doc green isn't a warrior, that's what his character is. That's like saying we want cap to be evil. Unless there's a reason for it itd just be dumb.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: dude, expecting hulk to be a galaxy level threat is wishful thinking at best. He's never been written like that.

Doc green isn't a warrior, that's what his character is. That's like saying we want cap to be evil. Unless there's a reason for it itd just be dumb.

Well they are hyping up Maestro to be a galaxy level threat. Then again i trust nothing from marvel since they always false advertise.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: You've obviously haven't read or are misinterpreting what I've said in my post above.

The Hulk needs, and should be allowed, to have and face threats on a planetary, galactic, universal, multiversal, or omniversal level. He needs foes/threats that can actually challenge him and be worthy of his high-end heroic caliber. Whether that be in a physical/power, psychological, emotional, intellectual sense... or a combination of all four. If you're going to utilize one of the most powerful, and obviously the most physically strongest/powerful, heroic/anti-heroic being in comics one must challenge him with foes/threats that even he has great difficulty overcoming.

And forget about Doc Green for a second, will ya? I'm talking about the Hulk. He needs to be a warrior who is cunning and powerful. That's not to say that Doc Green hasn't got the potential to be that (he just really needs to man-up). But it's obviously being greatly wasted by Marvel and our current writer.

I want a version of Hulk who is powerful in mind & body, one who is akin to the Star Trek villain Khan. A being who is superior in intellect & power, who can make villains like Dr. Doom & Thanos uneasy and feel threatened. A powerful, cunning, intelligent, incredible, indestructible, raging, gamma-powered titan warrior.

That's what I want.

And I'm not the only one.

Take from that what you will.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure something will backfire and Hulk will get shot by DP and that will get Bruce Banner to come back. It is dumb but with the current writer your best bet is on garbage story and disrespect to Hulk so I wouldn't be surprised.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1183  Edited By GreenScar1990

@schwarz: At this point I wouldn't be surprised if that is the outcome. Doc Green seemed to be a real powerhouse and badass during the Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man mini series. The perfect combination of power, intellect, and cunning. Now? He's very underwhelming. It just seems that his potential was greatly wasted.

It's quite apparent Marvel & Gerry Duggan need to be reminded of what happened to Red Hulk the last time he fought Hulk. In their last encounter, Hulk easily dominated and nearly killed Rulk. And that was even when Rulk absorbed the cosmic power from the Cosmic Hulk Robot that was empowered by Galactus and then tried to absorb Green Scar's own power during the fight! Didn't end well at all for Ross.

Loading Video...

By comparison, Skaar did far better and was against a more raging Hulk who was on verge of going World-Breaker. For those who don't believe me, I've got a video right here to prove it. And that's after Skaar took on all the Hulked-Out A.I.Marines, Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four.

Loading Video...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose it was always gonna come down to this, Rulk v Hulk....their history has been an intruiging one...in the early Loeb stories, Rulk seemed to be able to take care of Hulk quite well....then we had the Hulk v Rulk fight where Rulk got smashed into the Lincoln statue and basically "quit on his stool..." The last fight was an anti-climax as Doc Green was clearly conning Rulk into thinking he had the upper hand. Who knows how this one will end.

I have no problem with Rulk giving Hulk a good scrap, he was initially created to take on Hulk toe to toe, with his own unique powers, but Hulk must win ultimately and prove he is the strongest there is.

Again, we have another year of Hulk comics and not one single strength feat. Its a joke. If Superman went a whole year without using heat vision, lifting heavy stuff, or flying at hypersonic speed, his fans would go nuts, yet us Hulk fans have to put up with this c*** !

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1185  Edited By GreenScar1990

@bezza: Yep, and some of them still tend to complain anyway. Especially if someone like Wonder Woman, Black Adam or Shazam can fight puny Kal-El on even terms. Which I honestly can't understand, given that Billy, Adam, & Diana are pretty powerful heroic beings and are of the same powerclass. Puny capes. How would they like to be in our situation?! At least they get several Superman titles to choose from plus Justice League! We only get one HULK comic to read every month!

As for the Hulk vs. Rulk confrontation... it's a case of been there, smashed that. Could it be a potentially entertaining fight? Yes, if done right. But given the past battles that we've seen... it's unlikely. Could this week's issue still surprise and entertain us? Yes, it could. But I won't hold my breath.

@atheistknowledge: Yeah, the only comic solicitations that live up to the hype and expectations are usually series that're consistently awesome and entertaining every single month. It's a short list, but I have a few titles. Now if only the Hulk series could live up to its infinite potential.

Avatar image for hulksmashlittleman
    HULKSMASHLITTLEMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is the strongest there is

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

Superman fans are certainly fussy, although in fairness the Superman comics have generally been fairly lame in recent years and that's all of the regular titles. As you know I have a soft spot for Kal, as Superman the movie was the first CU comic book film I got to see back in the 70s...but I agree with you that its ridiculous for fans to complain when Shazam, WW etc give him a good scrap....

What current CB series would you recommend if any? I must admit I've dropped nearly all my regular titles...have been collecting Superior Iron Man as at least its a bit different, but boy is Stark a jerk in that series, although I guess that's the point.

At least hopefully we Hulk fans will get to see some good Hulk feats in the forthcoming AOU movie...although if Hulkbuster Iron Man lasts more than 30 seconds I will not be happy!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Sure. I'll give you a few titles from Marvel, DC, and IDW that I find consistently entertaining every month. If I hear another series is good, I'll get the TPB or maybe pick up a few issues.

Marvel

1. Loki: Agent of Asgard

2. Angela: Asgard's Assassin

3. Inhuman

DC

1. Batman

2. Deathstroke

3. Geoff Johns/Jeff Parker's Aquaman

4. Justice League

5. Sinestro

6. Superman/Wonder Woman

7. Batman and Robin

IDW

1. Samurai Jack

2. Godzilla: Rulers of Earth

3. IDW's Transformers

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody spoil me on the latest Hulk spoilers.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1190 thedailybagel  Moderator

What was hulk 14 like?

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: @bonifidehustla: @thedailybagel:

Ross literally punched the Hulk out of him. The fight was quite back and fourth with Hulk using some kung-fu, but despite deadpool successfully landing the shot on Ross, he still won the fight. A sad day indeed :(

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1192 thedailybagel  Moderator

@mr_winchester: oh for f*ck sake, at least hulk used some Kung fu I guess

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1193  Edited By Mr_Winchester
    bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe this. The people that worked on Hulk past 5 years sole goal was to ruin his in comics. How can they keep insulting him this much twice ine one month. Running from that stupid bug in Hulk vs Thanos and now got the Hulked knocked out of him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh well it's not like my perception of Doc Green would have changed either way. I still support that he is a weakling, among the weakestHulk incarnations yet, which is ironic considering he had the most potential. So i guess we will just have to wait for him to go away and maybe a new writer to come in.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh well it's not like my perception of Doc Green would have changed either way. I still support that he is a weakling, among the weakestHulk incarnations yet, which is ironic considering he had the most potential. So i guess we will just have to wait for him to go away and maybe a new writer to come in.

Aint you sick of the waiting game? I mean every other Hulk he cured them it dont even look like he even tried to cure Ross. Marvel must said we will not depower Ross. They wasted too much time on the red clone. I was hoping Doc Green will only fail when he went after She-Hulk because she would got a massive team. Funny thing is he was so smart yet if he truly was so smart like Duggan wanted us to believe he could had cured all of them without getting his hands dirty. You telling me he can create a time machine get some things but can't appear invisible and cure all the other Hulks.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: Sure i am but there is nothing i can really do about it. Except vote with my wallet of course and i am not supporting the current Hulk series and it's numbers are dropping lower then i have ever seen them to be honest. So yea just 2 more issues of this lame ark and after that i am looking forward to PAD's Future Imperfect. I guess i am not as upset with Doc Green as you guys are simply because i already gave up on the character and i honestly see him as a weakling that could only give Grey Hulk a fight in terms of other incarnations.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: I'm just upset on how they treating him. Like he's literally garbage and he had so much potential. Hell some people though Doc Green would turn to Maestro. It seems like Maestro has WWH strategy with some Doc Green smarts well at the beginning he was a genius. I just hope they keep Maestro around and I want him to demolish so many Heroes.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1199  Edited By Mr_Winchester

It was a pretty cool fight though. Both characters just hate each other so damn much! This is a much better rivalry than Hulk/Abomination. Interesting to see what Banner will do now that he's got his long desired freedom.

Doc green has been a pretty cool Hulk IMO, his dialogue is pretty hilarious. He may not be ridiculously strong like WWH or Savage Hulk, but it's not always about that.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: I understand... for instance in another book that came out recently Hulk got decapitated, literally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.