Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk 2014-

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

The Rulk fights just don't make sense. Surely, as Rulk doesn't get stronger as he gets angrier, he will lose to Hulk, who does get angrier as he gets madder, in any fight that lasts more than a few shots? That never seems to come across, really, Hulk's ability to get angrier.

Its typical. I started reading comics in 2013 again, after nearly 30 years away and I happen to return during probably the worse run of Hulk comics in living memory!!! Not good when Hulk is your favourite character.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The whole run doesn't make sense. Doc Green doesn't make sense.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

The Rulk fights just don't make sense. Surely, as Rulk doesn't get stronger as he gets angrier, he will lose to Hulk, who does get angrier as he gets madder, in any fight that lasts more than a few shots? That never seems to come across, really, Hulk's ability to get angrier.

Its typical. I started reading comics in 2013 again, after nearly 30 years away and I happen to return during probably the worse run of Hulk comics in living memory!!! Not good when Hulk is your favourite character.

Look I get it that Doc Green's run has had a lot of squandered potential, but your comment is unfounded. Doc Green doesn't get angry, well he has but only once. He's cold and calculating and generally can get the job done at "base." I think if we saw him go off the handle, we'd be very impressed. Time will tell.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I think the whole "time will tell" argument is kinda late at this point. We went through 10 issues already and we only have 2 left and i doubt those 2 are gonna redeem him and i guarantee you they will not erase all the times he jobbed.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1255  Edited By GreenScar1990

@bezza: @schwarz: @atheistknowledge: I believe one of the biggest problems with the series, besides Duggan not backing up Doc Green's boast of being the most powerful being on the planet & the smartest there is and the story itself, is that Doc Green lacks the rage & savagery of the Hulk. I mean, even the Professor/Merged Hulk could enter a rage when pushed (at least before he enacted the Savage Banner protocol just in case he would lose control).

It just doesn't feel like we're really reading about the Hulk. It's almost like this is a different character completely. It's weird because none of the other Hulk personas-- Savage, Fixit, Professor, Mindless, Gravage/Green Scar, etc.-- made me feel that this wasn't the Hulk. It doesn't help matters when Doc Green even said that "Fighting was stupid." during his fight with Lyra. He just feels so... emasculated. There's no real sense of power & awe.

In the latest fight, Doc Green & Red Hulk's blows made the entire North American continent tremble from coast to coast. Not to mention that Doc Green punched Red Hulk from Yucca to Alburquerque, New Mexico. That's a distance of about 650 miles. So, it would appear that Doc Green has some impressive measure/degree of power/strength without amping. It's just very underwhelming he hasn't lived up to any of his immense potential at all in the past 10 issues.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep hoping we get a warrior Hulk again. It is my favourite Hulk incarnation. Battle smart, wise and can still become enraged.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

I keep hoping we get a warrior Hulk again. It is my favourite Hulk incarnation. Battle smart, wise and can still become enraged.

That's what I've been wanting ever since the finale of Greg Pak's Incredible Hulk: Heart of the Monster. It's been what I've been proclaiming for on these last few thread pages. I wanted to Hulk to continue to be a warrior, see him progress further in the direction that Greg Pak set him on. But thanks to the likes of Jason Aaron, Mark Waid, and Gerry Duggan... it's been all wasted/ignored.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look I get it that Doc Green's run has had a lot of squandered potential, but your comment is unfounded. Doc Green doesn't get angry, well he has but only once. He's cold and calculating and generally can get the job done at "base." I think if we saw him go off the handle, we'd be very impressed. Time will tell.

I would agree if it was the beginning but he is losing his smarts and can't really control nothing anymore. If he kept being calculating instead of powered down i wouldnt be mad. I wouldnt be surprised if that sh*t A.I. messes up part 2 of this fight.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I think the whole "time will tell" argument is kinda late at this point. We went through 10 issues already and we only have 2 left and i doubt those 2 are gonna redeem him and i guarantee you they will not erase all the times he jobbed.

I've been enjoying the run. Is it as good as Pak's? No, but no run has been, so I'm not going to hate any Hulk run that doesn't have him conquer the planet and destroy other dimensions.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Conquering planets and other dimension is not the point...

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been enjoying the run. Is it as good as Pak's? No, but no run has been, so I'm not going to hate any Hulk run that doesn't have him conquer the planet and destroy other dimensions.

Yeah I dont recall a lot of us wanting him to conquer any planets or destroying dimensions. We just want him to have some nice feats. He really hasnt had any good feats in the past 3 years. I just hate downgrades you make him really smart then you downgrade him. If anything i wish he got too smart for his own good to revert back. Not that extremis wearing off BS. I'm probably wrong I get the feeling Marvel wants to use Maestro for a while. Thats good news too me.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

Yeah I dont recall a lot of us wanting him to conquer any planets or destroying dimensions. We just want him to have some nice feats. He really hasnt had any good feats in the past 3 years. I just hate downgrades you make him really smart then you downgrade him. If anything i wish he got too smart for his own good to revert back. Not that extremis wearing off BS. I'm probably wrong I get the feeling Marvel wants to use Maestro for a while. Thats good news too me.

I completely disagree, he's had some great feats in the last three years.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla said:

@green_skaar said:

I completely disagree, he's had some great feats in the last three years.

I know we all like different stuff and I respect your right to like something I don't etc, but I am struggling to think of these great feats. I concede in the early days of Waid's run there were some great speed feats, but name one quantifiable strength feat...he hasn't beaten anyone particularly powerful in his own comic and I can't recall a strength feat of note, aside from the punching feats of the sort mentioned above.

@greenscar1990

Hulk and Rulk certainly did demonstrate some significant power if they are punching each other 650 miles away and making entire continents shake.... Certainly an answer to the DC fanboys who are so confident that Hulks are weaker than their favourites

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I know we all like different stuff and I respect your right to like something I don't etc, but I am struggling to think of these great feats. I concede in the early days of Waid's run there were some great speed feats, but name one quantifiable strength feat...he hasn't beaten anyone particularly powerful in his own comic and I can't recall a strength feat of note, aside from the punching feats of the sort mentioned above.

The feats I had in mind: various speed feats under Waid, resisting molecular manipulation, punching through time, holding off Exitar from destroying Earth via Doom's fields (remember his machine failed, not Hulk who wasn't even angry), ripping off Ultron's arm, Dr. Strange assuming the energy field was Chaos when in fact it was Order who was containing Hulk, hands behind his head smiling when Ms. Marvel was going all out on him. I might be missing some, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head. Oh and regenerating from his head being severed, however I'm still waiting to see details on that one.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266 thedailybagel  Moderator

@green_skaar: the head being severed doesn't really count as 'current' hulk. It was the hulk before he met the avengers, so mid 60s at best.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1267  Edited By green_skaar
    @thedailybagel said:

@green_skaar: the head being severed doesn't really count as 'current' hulk. It was the hulk before he met the avengers, so mid 60s at best.

I haven't read that issue yet, thanks. But it did get printed in last three years ;-) Which issue is it btw?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone expect Hulk to beat up Galactus or destroy planets. I just want a good story that respects Hulk. I feel like the current Hulk is like an old man repeating how strong he used to be and just looks like a has-been jerk. Like I said before I actually enjoyed Indestructible Hulk. But where it went all down is "who shot Bruce Banner" it was insulting seeing Banner a total retard. It could have made a good story but it just went downhill. Really did not enjoy the run and haven't bought one issue so far. Not going to waste my money on this.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz said:

I don't think anyone expect Hulk to beat up Galactus or destroy planets. I just want a good story that respects Hulk. I feel like the current Hulk is like an old man repeating how strong he used to be and just looks like a has-been jerk. Like I said before I actually enjoyed Indestructible Hulk. But where it went all down is "who shot Bruce Banner" it was insulting seeing Banner a total retard. It could have made a good story but it just went downhill. Really did not enjoy the run and haven't bought one issue so far. Not going to waste my money on this.

Yeah i agree with you. I dont mind Hulk losing fights i just hate when its in a BS way. I don't expect him to beat everybody either. I just wish they respect him. The biggest insult IIRC is what Waid saying Tony is responsible for hulk in the original sin. I could be wrong on who wrote that issue though.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1270 thedailybagel  Moderator

@green_skaar: I don't know, I just know it's one of the new ultron ones (but it's not rage of ultron, I think?).

It's basically a time traveling story with a bunch of avengers from different time periods. Like 1960s hulk, 1980s thor etc.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I don't know, I just know it's one of the new ultron ones (but it's not rage of ultron, I think?).

It's basically a time traveling story with a bunch of avengers from different time periods. Like 1960s hulk, 1980s thor etc.

I found it, Avengers - Ultron Forever 1, actually very interesting story.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

Yea i even asked the writer how the Hulk got decapitated so easily, this was his response.

"It was moving a lot faster than it looked, and it's indestructible. Hulk's neck isn't indestructible."

Then i replied by showing a picture of it not being so indestructible but in jest since i said i understood his point, i just added i thought it needed a lot more force to it then something a Black Widow robot could generate but he never replied back.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

@thedailybagel said:

Yea i even asked the writer how the Hulk got decapitated so easily, this was his response.

"It was moving a lot faster than it looked, and it's indestructible. Hulk's neck isn't indestructible."

Then i replied by showing a picture of it not being so indestructible but in jest since i said i understood his point, i just added i thought it needed a lot more force to it then something a Black Widow robot could generate but he never replied back.

Obviously Al Ewing knows very little about the Hulk and never once read Future Imperfect. I mean, if one of the Maestro's Dogs of Wars-- whose very jaws can crush adamantium in seconds-- can't break Professor Hulk's neck... I find it impossible for a Black Widow robot to throw Cap's shield and decapitate Hulk on the spot.

In fact, it should be impossible for any being to wield Cap's shield and decapitate Hulk from a distance. Now, at close range and if the being is of immense physical power (Thanos, Maestro, etc.) then I can see it being done at close range. But at long range? Impossible.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274 thedailybagel  Moderator
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I have their family members kidnapped... but seriously i talk to them on twitter.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: how do you talk to writers all the time?

Just reach out to them. I've been in contact with several writers too including Pak, most are VERY accessible to fans.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1277 thedailybagel  Moderator
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Not often but honestly they almost always respond to your first tweet at least.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1279 thedailybagel  Moderator

@atheistknowledge: ahh, I tried duggan on tumbler once a few months ago but got no reply.

Asking pak if hulk was amped in the dark dimension would have saved me hours of my life replying to people who are... Difficult, to say the least.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK #15

The battle between Doc Green & Red Hulk changes the Marvel Universe forever!

• Doc Green and Red Hulk's grudge match breaks a few things.

• Doc Green proves once and for all: science is difficult, even for the smartest of us.

The US military makes a surprising change to their gamma-monster policy.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281  Edited By GreenScar1990

This is what I expressed regarding the preview above and after reading a lot of comments from other users. Some of them made me want to face-palm myself repeatedly. Yeah, they were that misinformed and delusional.

@greenscar1990 said:

@atheistknowledge: You tell 'em, dude. Bunch of amateurs and newbies who nothing about nothing, let alone about the Hulk. I've been reading the Hulk character, and collected everything written of the character (comics, novels, TPB, hardcover, essentials, collections, etc.) for longer than a freaking decade. We know what we're talking about.

Doc Green had potential to be one of the most powerful, intelligent, and dangerous Hulk personas there is. The keyword being: had. But I can tell you that, from everything we've seen thus far, Gerry Duggan and Marvel have wasted that immense potential. If Doc Green were to have physically dominated, overpowered, and pummeled the rest of the Hulks before curing them, I'd be inclined to believe his boast of being the most powerful being on the planet. If Doc Green, or the writer Gerry Duggan, had actually backed up either of his boasts about being the Strongest & Smartest being on the planet I'd be inclined to believe him. However, like I said, Doc Green has not lived up to that potential once in the past 10 issues. If he did, Rulk would have been broken in their very first encounter. And he certainly wouldn't have needed Deadpool's aid or a special bullet to take away Rulk's absorption powers, though controversely it would seem the writer has forgotten that Hulk himself is able to absorb radiation & other energies to increase his power/strength.

Furthermore, I can say without a doubt that Doc Green has nothing on any of the other Hulk personas/incarnations, including Savage, Merged/Professor, and Fixit. Let alone some of the more powerful versions of the Hulk. And he's certainly no Maestro, that's for sure. If that'd be the case, Rulk wouldn't have survived the first encounter even with his absorption powers to aid him. Why? Look at the artifacts of the fallen heroes & villains who fought against Maestro and perished in the Maestro's personal trophy room. Not to mention Maestro's utter dominance of Merged/Professor Hulk, who is no slouch in combat as Professor Hulk has taken on full-powered Juggernaut & Warrior Madness Thor head-on without trouble only to be nearly killed by 4-5 blows from the Maestro.

Some of you like to compare Doc Green's fight with Rulk to the one that Savage Hulk had with Rulk. Well, has it ever occurred to any of you that that was one of those times where Red Hulk was at his peak of power. Let me explain further. As some of you may or may not know, Red Hulk was created by the Leader & MODOK who used the vast cosmic & gamma energies siphoned from the Hulk at the end of World War Hulk (When the Hulk was on the verge of destroying the planet itself and killing everything. The scary part being is that he was holding back).

It was the same energy utilized and instilled in A-Bomb/Rick Jones, Harpy/Marlo Jones, Red She-Hulk/Betty Ross, the Hulked-Out Heroes (consisting of the Avengers, X-Men, and FF), and the Hulked-Out A.I. Marines. This was the same Rulk, upon creation of this immense energy from Hulk, that killed Abomination, pummeled A-Bomb, overwhelmed Iron Man & She-Hulk while taking down a SHIELD Helicarrier, defeated Odin-Force Thor, defeated Savage Hulk, and punched the Watcher all within a short span of time. And all of this with just a portion of the Hulk's World-Breaker energy.

In their other encounters, Red Hulk and Savage Hulk were actually quite even in over all power and physicality. It was only when Rulk used his absorption powers on Savage Hulk in Hulk #13 did he actually triumph in their tussle. I'm not even going to compare that ridiculous battle in the Defenders/Offenders arch where Rulk defeated Banner-Hulk by killing him with a spear, which is absolute PIS given evidence of Hulk's healing abilities and feats showing withstanding more grievous assaults in the past.

All of you may also want to take note that, unlike Doc Green, Savage Hulk did not revert back to Banner after his arm was broken and knocked unconscious in their first altercation in Jeph Loeb's original tenure.

And, honestly, would all of you people stop saying Red Hulk is weakened or depowered! He isn't. All that's been temporarily eliminated is his draining ability, which he doesn't use very often to begin with. Other than that, Rulk is at full power here. And some people are completely wrong in thinking Doc Green is one of the more powerful versions of Hulk, exceeding that of Green Scar/WWH, which is utterly ridiculous and outright insanely delusional.

WWH on the verge of hitting World-Breaker nearly sank the entire Eastern Seaboard with a single footstep & threatened to destroy the planet itself within moments (and that's when he was holding back). Green Scar's conflict with Skaar also threatened to shatter the planet itself and may have if Skaar did not manipulate the Old Power to alter the environment of the planet and intake the energy, not to mention easily shrugging off over 100 trillions tons of force from Skaar's first blow (which is WAY more powerful than anything Rulk is likely to throw at him without intense, massive energy absorption). And let's not forget Green Scar easily dominated and nearly killed Red Hulk, who absorbed the energy of the Cosmic Hulk Robot that was empowered by Galactus beforehand, and even attempted to drain Green Scar again during that same conflict in Hulk #24. Didn't help Rulk much, as he still got his ass whooped.

Saying Doc Green is above most of the other Hulk incarnations is laughable at best. I should freaking know. I've seen what Joe Fixit, Professor/Merged, Savage, and every other Hulk incarnation/persona can do. I know for a fact that Savage Hulk has feats of power that beat anything from Doc Green. As does Fixit & Professor, let alone the more powerful Hulks like Gravage/Green Scar, Maestro, and World-Breaker.

You want to know which Hulk personas/incarnations are the most powerful? Okay, here's a list from the most powerful to the most weakest.

1. World-Breaker: Herald of Galactus (What If: World War Hulk)

2. World-Breaker Hulk

3. Uni-Hulk (Hulk with Engima Force)

4. Green Scar/Green King/World War Hulk & Maestro (Tie)

5. War-Hulk (Horseman of Apocalypse) & Nul-Hulk: Breaker of Worlds (Tie)

6. Devil Hulk & Guilt Hulk (Tie)

7. Mindless Hulk

8. Savage Hulk

9. Doc Green, Professor Hulk, and Banner-Hulk (Tie; and that's debateable considering the other twos feats over Doc Green)

10. Gray Hulk (Larger version seen in PAD's run with attitude akin to Fixit but with amping more on par with Savage)

11. Joe Fixit (Weakest Hulk incarnation, yet still managed to shatter an asteroid twice the size of Earth. Has Doc Green done that? Nope. Not yet.)

However, I must disagree with you on one subject, @atheistknowledge. Not all of the Hulks needed to be eliminated. Many people like/love and have come to accept them. Jen/She-Hulk shouldn't depart because she's an original and a close family member to Banner/Hulk. Skaar & Lyra should also never be eliminated because they are unique and further more are a part of Hulk's legacy. A-Bomb & Red She-Hulk I can take or leave, to be honest. Personally, I think that most of the Hulk needed to be utilized more so that they could further develop. Sadly, Marvel's too busy shoving Mutants, Inhumans, She-Thor, Black Cap, and numerous other marketing gimmicks down our throats for the past 5-6 years. But I do agree that if one character should bite the dust permanently, it's none other than Red Hulk. Depower, or better yet kill, him off and move on.

Be sure to take everything I've stated into consideration.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990

The Hulk hate is crazy. Then again its a lot trolls in that news topic. You show proof and they still in denial.

I really hope Maestro shows up. If Maestro creation got anything to do with Rulk that will be utter sh*t. Now I'm prepared for the worst so that I wont be as disappointed.

Toaborox18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Holy crap, they're shaking the whole Earth..Well, at least a good chunk of it.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284  Edited By Schwarz

It is actually quite impressive that the weakest of Hulk's persona (Doc Green) we have seen in the 40+ years of Hulk's history is going to-to-toe with Rulk. It is in fact quite an accomplishement and a feat in itself. The on panel showings of Doc Green are very weak and going with this logic we can assume that even the weakest form of Hulk can dance with an amped Rulk. You have to remember Rulk has actually taken out some VERY powerful foes. So to me the weakest persona of Hulk (doc green) fighting with Rulk and making the whole earth shake is impressive. One can only imagine if it were any of the more powerful personas (Green Scar, WWH, WBH or Maestro) fighting ...hahaha The planet would be LOOOONG gone or even the multiverse like in heart of the monster I believe...

As far as Duggan goes, calling his Hulk the most powerful incarnation and writing him weak is really that bad writer's dilusional and confused mind. He could get Hulk drawn pink and tell us he's green but the only colorblind idiot would remain Duggan. He could shit on a piece of paper and call it art but it would still be a shit stain in real life. My point is whatever comes out of his mouth is not what we are seeing on panel. So either this guy is the biggest troll in comic book history or he never read any other incarnations of Hulk ... maybe he's just mentally challenged who knows...Anyways with the low sales of Hulk i'm pretty sure that idiot will be gone soon.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Rulk is not de-powered and has an excellent track record. People forget that under Loeb he killed the Abomination, Trounced Thor with his own hammer, trashed Iron Man, punched out the Watcher(ok that one was maybe a bit silly), took out She Hulk and her power girl troop and also fought both Hulk and Thor together....so he aint no pushover. He also jumped from the moon back to earth (after KO'ing Thor) and caused an earthquake doing so!

@greenscar1990 I wasn't reading comics during the Pak era and have revisited them since. Can you tell me which book I can find the Greenscar v Skaar and Rulk battles you described in your post. Cheers.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@greenscar1990 I wasn't reading comics during the Pak era and have revisited them since. Can you tell me which book I can find the Greenscar v Skaar and Rulk battles you described in your post. Cheers.

Hulk vs Skaar took place in World War Hulks (609-611) with the actual battle taking place in the final issue, 611.

Hulk vs Rulk took place Hulk 4 (under Loeb) and Hulk 6. I'm sure they tangled more, but those are what I can find off hand.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287 thedailybagel  Moderator

@green_skaar: they fought a little later as well, but this is time it was the greenscar incarnation and it didn't go too well for rulk.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bezza: Incredible Hulk and Hulk: Fall of the Hulks/World War Hulks tpb its the last 2 parts of a fantastic 12 part crossover and was the only good thing that Loeb did with Hulk other than Hulk Gray but he had Pak working with him. You should check it out.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Sure. I'll give you a list. Most of these you can get in either TPB or HC format. I do hope you'll enjoy them.

• Planet Hulk
    • World War Hulk
    • Incredible Hercules: World War Hulk
    • World War Hulk: X-Men
    • Hulk, Vol. One: Red Hulk
    • Skaar: Son of Hulk, Vol. One
    • Incredible Hulk: Planet Skaar
    • Hulk, Vol. Three: Hulk No More
    • Incredible Hulk, Vol. One: Son of Banner
    • Incredible Hulk, Vol. Two: Fall of the Hulks
    • Incredible Hulk, Vol. Three: World War Hulks
    • Hulk, Vol. Five: Fall of the Hulks
    • Hulk, Vol. Six: World War Hulks
    • Son of Hulk: Dark Son Rising
    • Incredible Hulks, Vol. Four: Dark Son
    • Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force
    • Chaos War: Incredible Hulks
    • Incredible Hulks: Planet Savage
    • Incredible Hulk: Heart of the Monster

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

Thanks, I have the major ones like Planet Hulk, WWH and so on, but not all of the Pak/Loeb era books. Will start trying to pick some of these up!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: @bonifidehustla: @schwarz: @thedailybagel: @green_skaar: @bezza:

You wanna know what else ticks me off about the upcoming Secret Wars: Planet Hulk series?

Why couldn't we have had Skaar (616-Universe, of course) be one of, if not the, main characters in the series instead?

It would have made a lot more sense than having Steve Rogers be front and center! Hell, it would have fit in many aspects. Especially given that:

1) Skaar was born in the molten fires of Sakaar and fought against monsters, barbarians, and other fearsome creatures while growing up there.

2) He is a important part of Hulk's legacy, including that of Sakaar and the whole Planet Hulk saga that came with Greg Pak's illustrious tenure.

3) He has lived in the Savage Land, so he'd be very accustomed to handling dinosaurs. Plus, it would have been cool to see Skaar riding atop a gamma-enhanced Devil Dinosaur fighting monsters & Hulks.

Ah, well. Chalk it up as more wasted potential. There's so many awesome things that could have been done with this angle. It's still irksome that Greg Pak wasn't brought back on to the project. With Greg Pak on Secret Wars: Planet Hulk and Peter David on Secret Wars: Future Imperfect, it'd be a Hulk fans dream come true.

On a different note, wouldn't it be incredible if Greg Pak & PAD were to work together and co-write the Hulk comic series post Secret Wars?!

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1292 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: I want to see the first issue of planet hulk first before I risk losing my mind about it. But I agree, having a skaar centred story would've been better, but I don't really think that the secret wars version of planet hulk is going to have anything to do with original storyline at all. They pretty much used the name to sell copies, which is a dick move.

As for PAD and pak working on the same hulk comic, that'd be genius. Announcing either of them as writing hulk post secret wars would increase the sales, but both of them? That would make marvel ALLOT of money. But gerry duggan has confirmed that he'll be writing hulk after his current arc ends, and presumably after secret wars as well.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: @bonifidehustla: @schwarz: @thedailybagel: @green_skaar: @bezza:

You wanna know what else ticks me off about the upcoming Secret Wars: Planet Hulk series?

Why couldn't we have had Skaar (616-Universe, of course) be one of, if not the, main characters in the series instead?

It would have made a lot more sense than having Steve Rogers be front and center! Hell, it would have fit in many aspects. Especially given that:

1) Skaar was born in the molten fires of Sakaar and fought against monsters, barbarians, and other fearsome creatures while growing up there.

2) He is a important part of Hulk's legacy, including that of Sakaar and the whole Planet Hulk saga that came with Greg Pak's illustrious tenure.

3) He has lived in the Savage Land, so he'd be very accustomed to handling dinosaurs. Plus, it would have been cool to see Skaar riding atop a gamma-enhanced Devil Dinosaur fighting monsters & Hulks.

Ah, well. Chalk it up as more wasted potential. There's so many awesome things that could have been done with this angle. It's still irksome that Greg Pak wasn't brought back on to the project. With Greg Pak on Secret Wars: Planet Hulk and Peter David on Secret Wars: Future Imperfect, it'd be a Hulk fans dream come true.

On a different note, wouldn't it be incredible if Greg Pak & PAD were to work together and co-write the Hulk comic series post Secret Wars?!

Wasn't Skaar "cured" by Doc Green? If so wouldn't make sense for him to be the star, but admittedly makes even less sense for Steve Rogers to be the star.

We've only seen a couple scans from the new series, so I'm waiting to see what happens, but so far those scans aren't getting me excited...

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: For the time being Skaar is depowered. I don't expect it to last very long. Especially if he were to simply use the Old Power to purge himself of the adamantium nanites by breaking down his form and reforming again. It'd work, 'cause I doubt Doc Green has taken it into consideration.

Overall, not expecting too much from Humphries' Secret Wars: Planet Hulk. I'll check up the back-up story by Greg Pak, but that'll most likely be it.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: For the time being Skaar is depowered. I don't expect it to last very long. Especially if he were to simply use the Old Power to purge himself of the adamantium nanites by breaking down his form and reforming again. It'd work, 'cause I doubt Doc Green has taken it into consideration.

Overall, not expecting too much from Humphries' Secret Wars: Planet Hulk. I'll check up the back-up story by Greg Pak, but that'll most likely be it.

Back up story? Wait did I miss something?

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back up story? Wait did I miss something?

Im starting to think they attached his name to it for the hell of it. Since Marvel love false advertising.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... anyone expecting much out of tomorrow's Hulk #15?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... anyone expecting much out of tomorrow's Hulk #15?

I"m curious about this line in the preview: The battle between Doc Green & Red Hulk changes the Marvel Universe forever!

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: hulk 15 was great. hulk won the battle. but i won't spoil the rest for you.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.