The Truth

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@whisper_: She has absolutely nothing going on aside from Thor.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14902  Edited By lady_liberty

@whisper_: Found it.

First of all, Pyro has an UNDENIABLE amount of canon in his favor. I'm not debating for or against Mercy in this instance, I'm just throwing down some facts in regards to her powers, feats and abilities.

The way that the Sanguine combat knowledge is passed down is much like the Slayer powers (that's part of what I based it off of). She has the combat knowledge of EVERY previous Sanguine before her. That line goes back to Mary Magdalene. That's a LOT of combat training.

Part of the mandate of each Sanguine is to further that lexicon of combat knowledge by adding specialized training. Mercy has already done some of this via the Arashikage, and Quintus (and in the process of training under Amaranth Strix).

Mastery is a key of hers. She doesn't throw in some training in some aspects and then move on. Each Sanguine masters something, or comes as close as possible. So that's a hell of a lot of mastery under her belt that can be called upon when needed. It doesn't take effort, it's instinctual. She doesn't have to rifle through a moves catalog in her head, they show up on instinct and all that knowledge is mulling around for when she needs it.

Her best combat feat to date would be going toe to toe with LeBeau while he was in his mutant killing hey-day. She faced him herself and contended evenly with him in hand to hand combat fighting. The reason that fight ended in a stalemate was due to the leveraging of Isadora against her. That was after she slashed his throat and damaged his vocal chords.

That's combat feats for the most part (there were a couple of uses of TK in that fight, but the vast majority was hand to hand). I can link anybody to the fight that wants me to.

I intentionally leave her powers out of the bio because people meta-game ALL. THE. TIME. and it drives me crazy.

The second that you put your powers in your bio, people are either taking chunks from it (this has never happened to me because I don't put enough effort into my powers for that), or they miraculously know how to counter your powers IC before you've even used them, which is a dual of no-selling and meta-gaming and it's infinitely frustrating.

I have not used her telekinesis a lot, because it's so powerful.

It's about to be showcased a bit in my RPG with Valerie, but one of the ways that she has used it was on The Yard against LeBeau's hounds. It was right when she had found out that Quintus had died. They're NPCs, so it's not a display of skill so much as it is a display of technique. I won't pay any credence to the fact that she took out a lot of them hand to hand, but focus on the manner in which she took the others down. Utilizing her telekinesis, she severed the optical nerve in his head with a surgically precise strike. Then burst the hearts of two more using her telekinesis. She can manifest her telekinesis inside of biological organisms. Think of it akin to Sue Storm threatening to put a forcefield in somebody's head. That's Mercy, minus the more moralistic tendencies.

She uses range when she fights. With an emphasis on blades, usually poisoned.

Of all the knowledge that Mercy has for combat, she tends to also use other knowledge as well. She's incredibly skilled in poisons and compounds, and they're a trademark of the Sicarii, specifically.

She has an aggressive fight style. She prefers striking and putting her opponent on the defensive, feigning and then using the vulnerable openings to make crucial strikes to joints and tendons, or slide knifes into ribs. I don't know how or what factor that would have, since from what I'm seeing Pyro is also more of a range fighter.

Her telekinesis has unlimited potential. To date, I have not used it often in combat, mostly because I don't do many battles. I'm woefully underrepresented in that aspect to Pyro. Undeniable leg up on me in quantity.

In the aforementioned battle with LeBeau, she used her telekinesis as a sort of afterimage to trick LeBeau. There's no color/sound/smell to her telekinesis. It's undetectable. She executed a strike towards him, only to stop her hand partway through and carry through the rest of the wave with the telekinesis.

In this same battle, she concentrated her telekinesis into a precise point to attempt to rupture the eardrums of The Last Arashikage.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Yeah, I can't find it :S I went back like seven months and must've missed it, or something. I wanted to add it into my bio haha. Need to start listing feats with receipts.

They're really fun to read, too.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch out for addiction...

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Didn't see your reply before posting my own

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@antonia said:

@whisper_: She has absolutely nothing going on aside from Thor.

I would argue this but I'm tired lol.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: No problemo :-) It was an interesting read!

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: Ohhh, interesting. I look forward to reading it :-)

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah...I wanted to watch Working the Engels, but now I also want to shoot bad guys with a bow and arrow.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@antonia: I would say shoot bad guys first then watch Working with Engels.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck, I don't even think I could follow after that one!

I'll just wait until someone else breaks the line.

The_Shogunate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

think SWORD needs some explanations, the U.N. joining up with them if i can even approve that and there true goals need to come out soon but doomwar needs to end first

SHIELD works for the UN, and SHIELD isn't going to work for SWORD.

MrYashimora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mryashimora said:

think SWORD needs some explanations, the U.N. joining up with them if i can even approve that and there true goals need to come out soon but doomwar needs to end first

ok ill change that ty

MrYashimora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogunate said:

@mryashimora said:

ok ill change that ty

edited

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14920  Edited By lady_liberty

The truth is.. Ronda might have a point. Stylistically she's a terrible matchup for Cain. If they were anywhere close to the same size he'd go down to an armbar in the first round.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I kind of map out how my characters would react to each other, and it's always kind of an interesting exercise.

Lena would get along with almost everybody, she's charming and personable and appears to be open, but she wouldn't particularly trust any of them. Renegade would frustrate her, just for the fact that she's impossible to investigate and do background checks on, but they have a begrudging respect for each other.

Mercy's hard to get a read on how she'd get along with others. She and Ellie have a professional respect, but both of them are very entrenched in their worlds and don't trust each other, although they are...kinda sisters-in-law, and there's a mutual love for the Knightfall boys that binds them. Ellie's one of the only people that Mercy would trust with Catriona, and that speaks leaps and bounds.

Ellie knows everybody, some of them better than they know themselves, whether they're aware of it or not. She and Renegade have a very good working relationship, and are very close friends. She has a trust built with Lena, and has supplied her with information and other items on a couple of occasions. I actually have it headcanoned that a majority of my characters are agents working for/with Ellie, kind of gung-ho Birds of Prey style.

Whisper would intensely dislike almost all of my other characters. She came from nothing, with nobody and made everything for herself, which is at odds with most of the rest of them. She still lives as if tomorrow she'll have nothing, and she's very untrusting. She's personable and clever and funny, but that's not enough to allow her to get close with the others.

I'll probably have more to add later.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14922  Edited By lady_liberty
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note to self be more of background character then being in the spotlight.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: A lot of fun, too. Really helps me figure out nuances to their personalities by playing them off of each other.

tha_mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe it took me so long to fck with Logic. Dude's so real.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: that's cool to do! I probably never will do to number of alts >.> but still awesome!

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: That's fun. You should do that. Interesting stuff.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Thanks. You should do one, too :D

@lady_liberty: Interested to see how that sorts out for your characters, they're all pretty naturally entwined anyways.

@whisper_: that's cool to do! I probably never will do to number of alts >.> but still awesome!

LOL I mostly will be sticking to main/established characters when I do them going forward. How many in use accounts do you have O_o

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: I do them in my head. Then some of them play out. Others, I talk about to people in private sometimes when they come up.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Azzy was actually the one thing that first inspired me to try and connect my alts together.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Yay me :D granted you do it better ^.^

@whisper_: uuuum Lioness, new alt in works, Azra, Hex, Dragonfang at the moment. With Reaver and Saraph kinda on the fence(if DC or the Victories ever do anything they'll be bumped but ATM they haven't lol)

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14933  Edited By ia_espada

He's pretty good.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have done that exercise myself. Its quite simple for me when there are only like 5 to deal with. Long story short they wouldnt get on.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to turn Santi into a character who subtly analyzes the tics and overall psychological dispositions of other characters to form a relative psychological profile of those he meets and interacts with.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: Meets Cass has no clue whats going on lol, Seriously though masks and armour may hinder that idea.

Lady_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth is

I miss all you guys and Hiatus sucks lol

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_grimm: Awwww <3 Come back soon! We need some more Grimm :-)

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: That's very true, but the tone of Cassius' voice and his body language will tell him something ;)

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: He genuinely stands ready to fight or arms crossed as for tone, people seem to like thinking the bane thing is happening muffled voices etc.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14942  Edited By Antonia

@lady_grimm: Hurry up and come see me! We can do stuff.

I want to turn Santi into a character who subtly analyzes the tics and overall psychological dispositions of other characters to form a relative psychological profile of those he meets and interacts with.

We can be buddies!

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@la_espada: true but that's not much to go on thankfully.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Actually, there's a lot that can be drawn from even small or broad details like that one, varying with given situations and more details brought in.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: I guess that depends on the situation and subtle movements. But if there is little to know movement and replicated across a multitude of situations that makes it alittle tougher.

Lady_Grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tha_mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mercenary said:

He's pretty good.

I give him less than two more albums before he's one of the biggest rappers in the mainstream.