The Truth

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sometimes I want to be a mother just to have the chance to tell someone "I gave you life and I won't hesitate to take it away" but then I remember children are things I'd have to take care of... like all the time

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: I look forward to you alienating me.

Stuff.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane... Darcy... I'm having horrible flashbacks of sleeping through twelfth grade English

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14804  Edited By Whisper_
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14805  Edited By Whisper_

Val's one of the most entertaining people I know, on or off the Vine

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14806  Edited By Jaegerjaquez

It's a joke, but that line does nothing but give fuel to all the people who wish Thor and Loki were into each other.

But this scene is funny.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_ said:

Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I make more characters than I RP with...

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of us do. Those of us who make characters.

KeepCalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, I fear I will one day have the same dilemma

Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaegerjaquez: Sometimes I make characters and then never roleplay or do anything with them :\

Other times i'll make characters even during RPG hiatus... lol

Jaegerjaquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riley_rivera: I get the same feeling/fear sometimes. But I'm always waiting. Like a panther or some other kind of predator...

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_ said:

I want you to know that I just went to get some Serena and Blair GIFs and veryyy nearly typed Val and Mercy instead.

Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaegerjaquez: Yup, I put them all on reserve for my future great takeover of ComicvineWhich will not happen.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_ said:

@valerie_huntington said:

@whisper_ said:

I want you to know that I just went to get some Serena and Blair GIFs and veryyy nearly typed Val and Mercy instead.

LOL they're synonymous at this point

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14816  Edited By Antonia

I get that he did bad things and all, but really, Loki never did anything extremely terrible to other Asgardians; only the frost giants (which he was doing because he thought it'd be good for Odin and everyone) and earthlings, so I find it a bit odd that almost everyone in Asgard immediately came to hate him wholeheartedly as if he'd not been someone they grew up knowing as a friend and brother. That is, unless they hated him all along.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things just got intense.

[I take forever to get through things like this.]

The_Shogunate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow... Almost every scene is irritating me now.

Really? You didn't even question the reappearance of your brightly blonde haired sister and the emergence of a brightly blonde haired vigilante? And then in the first spot of trouble Laurel falls into, she automatically reaches for alcohol? Please. And Thea... Come on. Who the fck would let all her wealth go to waste just because she's having some identity crises. What is this. Deathstroke breaks into Star labs and then hunts down the two kids who saw him murder a security guard? "The longer the chase the slower the kill." Please. Fck sakes. Then he drives off in the truck chillin' in the drivers seat with his mask on and everything. Can't handle, man. Can't handle.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@antonia said:

I get that he did bad things and all, but really, Loki never did anything extremely terrible to other Asgardians; only the frost giants (which he was doing because he thought it'd be good for Odin and everyone) and earthlings, so I find it a bit odd that almost everyone in Asgard immediately came to hate him wholeheartedly as if he'd not been someone they grew up knowing as a friend and brother. That is, unless they hated him all along.

In the Comic Verse, Loki has done some preeety bad (evil) things to Asgardians, humans, and generally everybody. But in the Movie Verse...You're kinda right. But Loki has always been cast aside even by his friends, and in the comics (Whilst he was their "friend" and all normal, not evil) he still tried to kill Thor on multiple occasions. And everybody knows that, so that canon may be transferred to film. Everybody in every other medium has always been skeptical of Loki.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: That and his actions have always been self motivated in some way and his behavior in general is treacherous. Granted he gets a lot of hate from this but lack of trust followed by a few minor things can go along way.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14821  Edited By Antonia

@pyrogram: I already knew he did stuff in the comics (duh). But it's unlikely all that transferred to film because he didn't turn bad until the first Thor movie, in which he tried to kill the Frost Giants. Then he vanished, poof, until The Avengers, where he tried to rule/kill Earthlings. Then he was imprisoned. So not really time for that in between.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: In the first film they do set up Loki as being the outsider of the group due to his personality. Your right though he is at the point treated a tad hostilely but then again at that point he has probably made numerous decisions that have irked the group members with his usual method of lies and underhandedness. I think in general most of the stuff he has done is simply left unsaid and implied till the end of the first film as you say.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@cassius_knightfall: I'm thinking they may have implied that Loki done some of the things he done in the comics, hence them already seeing him as an outsider, or, at least treating him with a slight form of hostility even before he "officially" betrayed Thor in the movie. He's the God of Mischief, you don't get that title for nothing :P

@antonia: I think they did transfer some, they treat him as an outsider from the start. But even if that is not the case, trying to kill Thor once (in number one) would be enough for the entire Asgard to hate him as Thor is the prince.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Exactly he has always been trouble he just took it up a notch in later life.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Early on it's kind of implied that he's more of a harmless trickster in himself. That maybe he's helped get them in rough spots, but no more than Thor's bull-headedness. But not that he'd done anything deliberately malicious to anyone, and that he was still part of the group, and helped them get out of just as much as he helped them get in. I saw no implication that he'd done any malicious deeds; they made fun of him for relying on tricks in battle instead of fighting outright like the rest, but not really anything like he was "irking" them; just normal picking on each other. It was strongly implied that there was a strong bond there between them, that they'd been really close, and the thing with the giants and everything came as a HUGE surprise, which wouldn't be the case if things like that were commonplace or he'd done them before. If they had been commonplace, the reaction would have been extremely different, not anything like the surprise Thor showed. His, Frigga's, and Odin's reactions felt the most realistic with regards to Loki.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia said:

I haven't watched the second Thor but when I watched the first I felt like it was really Loki's story. Thor suffered from being included in the movie because it made him seem like a meat headed jerk who only managed to defeat his smarter and intellectually/emotionally deeper rival by using his big muscles to swing his big hammer a bunch of times.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched the second Thor but when I watched the first I felt like it was really Loki's story. Thor suffered from being included in the movie because it made him seem like a meat headed jerk who only managed to defeat his smarter and intellectually/emotionally deeper rival by using his big muscles to swing his big hammer a bunch of times.

Yeah, I totally get that. I actually felt pretty much the exact same way. My friends hate it because it makes me like a Loki sympathizer, but I didn't feel he was much of a villain in that. More...misguided than anything, and then he was converted to a villain, but he feels just that; he's a deeper character. Catching a lot of flak, but I actually found myself more invested with his interpersonal relationships, perspectives and things than Thor's (the dynamic between those two is fun to watch, though).

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14828 Nordok  Moderator

@antonia: I agree, he makes for a very sympathetic villain, and thus a truly compelling one. He's in a class with Ledger's Joker and McKellan's Magneto in terms of my all-time favorite comic book movie villains (and yes, that is totally a category of things I have devoted a significant amount of brain cells to).

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Movie Thor has the same problems as comic book Thor. Deep down he just isn't an interesting person. He's more of a picture of the surface of a person than a real person. Its why I never could get into him, despite me being a big fan of Nordic mythology and the powerhouses.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: I think I like movie Thor more, but that's probably because of Chris Hemsworth and the fact that comic Thor is...pretty horrible at times. He's fun at times, but he's also pretty horrible.

@nordok: I think he's a well-written character, and Tom plays him perfectly for me. I haven't finished seeing Thor 2 because my site kept giving me errors then told me I had to wait before trying again, but I think he's great.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Your right to the point that that don't see him as dangerous but for example Sif always seems to appears cautious around him. Odin isnt as welcoming to him as he is to Thor its all undertone really both a paternal and possible weariness angle. Though i think Sif has been aware that he is playing the game and not quite as he seems from the start of the film. The rest i agree with.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Movie Thor is certainly a lot easier on the eyes than CB Thor, that's for sure. And that really is important. Comic book characters are suppose to be incredible on every level. Taller, better looking, smarter, everything. I do think Hemsworth is an excellent Thor. The problem is Thor is just Thor, not Hemsworth.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14833  Edited By Antonia

@cassius_knightfall: I didn't see Sif as being any kind of real malicious treating him overly differently in the beginning of the first (again, aside from the jokes everyone was making about him relying on tricks, but that in good fun), and Odin's...I wouldn't say he was less welcoming, more like a sort of unconscious Thor gets preferential treatment. Not that Loki was treated any worse than the others, but Thor was treated better than everyone, and Loki ended up taking it personally because of their closeness and then the fact of his true origin. Because he wasn't playing any game at the beginning. He was not. I really wish they didn't delete the scene from the full movie because I felt it was an important illustration in their relationship (and gave background to the "another!" joke), but if you watch the first scene in the video when they're together, it shows something really special, and it shows that Loki...yeah, he's a little jealous that Thor's the one being groomed to be king and stuff, but he loves and supports him. He didn't get hateful until he figured he was being discriminated against and that the only reason he wasn't being king was his heritage.

Loading Video...

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Sif just seems cautious with him to me, alot of weird looks in the first film before the big reveal. But your right about the scene above it would have added more to the relationship within the movie. The problem with prior knowledge is you can pick up tones that where unintended but i genuinely feel that she has an air of distrust with him.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: *would have

I just didn't get that from her or any of them. Ah, well. It is what it is; whatever the case, it's too late to change anything.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14836  Edited By Antonia

That actually brought tears to my eyes.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Agreed and the thing with movies is they are often open to interpretation. What we see as individuals may not really be there, it could have no conceptional depth beyond our own head canon.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to get to those posts soon.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The problem is Thor is just Thor, not Hemsworth.

Loading Video...

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can somebody reply me, por favor?

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14844  Edited By Whisper_
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: Replied to you in other thread saying it doesn't work lol

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whisper_: mine works sometime not others, like your last one.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#14848  Edited By _Sojourn_

Truth is...I have a ton of ideas...But the atmosphere isn't quite conducive to them at the moment.

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth is anyone at the gym who doesn't wipe down the machine after using it is a terrorist.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Truth is I had forgotten about this -_-