IE10 Can't type in search for a link field

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wmwadeii

I tried to add a link to a page and to a post. If it is spelled correctly I'm good because it will actually search and show in the dropdown. However if I need to edit my search I can't because after you click in the search for a link field, after the dropdown for the results displays the cursor immediately goes away. Therefore I can't delete or modify the text field.

IE 10 on Windows 7 & 8

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

IE10 is very buggy right now. Can't even play Facebook games properly because of a Flash compatibility issue, apparently. Use a different browser. Comic Vine has never worked properly on IE anyway, I guess the new versions of both the site and the browser hasn't changed that fact.

I normally use Chrome, by the way.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wmwadeii

I should not have to switch browsers to view a site. CV stated they work with modern browsers and since IE9 and IE10 support full HTML 5 this should not be an issue. I'm already forced to use Firefox or Chrome on my work PC because they are still on XP, nobody is going to force me to use them on my personal PC. Thanks.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: not sure if this will be fixed but as a work around just hover over the linked text and remove the link then re-add it, if it is already highlighted you don't need to highlight it again and the editor no longer has the glitch where if you highlight right to left it messes up the link.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I'll try when I get home, I know where I deleted what I had highlighted it wouldn't let me type, didn't try to type over the highlight.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#6 pikahyper  Moderator

@wmwadeii: oh I meant in the editor not the popup.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: yeah I meant the pop-up sorry. So if an engineer can take a look at it.