Camp Half-Blood vs Hogwarts

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Joewell911

@Jnr6Lil: Actually during the Titan war the gods were to busy with Typhoon so CHB had no help from them

Avatar image for phoenixfire12301
phoenixfire12301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Sorry I missed that part. It is allowed in the rules to re throw some of those up? And the phoenix was meant to be used as a healer because the tears are magically and can heal any wounds. I still stand by the idea that Hogwarts has a great chance because of Felix Felicis which according to The Harry Potter Wikia,"Felix Felicis makes the drinker lucky for a period of time, depending on how much is taken, during which everything they attempt will be successful" and I believe the brew time is approximately 6 months or so but it is speculated that Slughorn can brew it faster because he brewed it on short notice when he was to teach at Hogwarts. That or he keeps some on him. And the Hogwarts potion store most likely has it because Slughorn likes giving it out to people who can make the best potion albeit he only did this once in canon

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By morgrim

@phoenixfire12301: @Jnr6Lil: Phoenix fire on the contrary slughorn had prepared those potions before hand and felix felicis isnt something you find in any old potion store because it is one of the rarer potions plus once again they only get 1 month of prep so anything over that time limit is inadmissable in the argument.

Actually to correct you whereas hogworts has only been in one major battle and that was the last one where Everyone participated, The battle at the astronomy tower would be considered minor because it only included some members of dumbledores army and some of the order of the phoenix about 20 or so people max. Whereas in Percy Jackson there have been about 6 or so major battles. One in book 2 when the monsters attacked when the defenses were down. And in book 4 where lukes army attacked through the labyrinth and inbook 5 there were about 3 seperate major battles as kronos's army attacked multiple times not just once. There was the major battle in the begining of the book the middle and the end. And the Gods never helped them because they were busy and had a rule against it, the kids were by themselves. Also harry and hermione havent been in as many fights as percy, annabeth, grover or even clarisse. And dumbeldore and snape once again arent older than chiron. Plus slughorn isnt a fighter he is a teacher. flitwick and lupin honestly wouldnt bemuch of a threat

The assumption that the 3rd and 4th years could learn the spell, is incorrect because even though harry's life was on the line all the time and he was a "talented" wizard he wasnt able to properly use crucio until book 7.

Celestial bronze is magic metal that affects gods and titans so it would not be ineffective

It's not that magic wouldnt destroy the robots it's that if giant skin can block magic. It would take a ;lot of spell casting to destroy the robots and as such the robots would end up killing alot of people as well as working as a good distraction. Also everyone has been shown killing monsters in all the various wars and battles fought

They already have a giant dragon on standbye and percy has dominion over all horses so he just has to call and leagues of pegasi come to his aid, and nico has the same effect on hell hounds so he just calls and boom legion of hell hounds. And the untrained creatures wouldnt do near as much damage as the trained ones.

And lastly 2 things hogwarts probably wouldnt use dementors because they kinda attack everyone friend and foe alike so using dementors would hurt them as well. And even if they did use dementors remember the Ares Cabin, Nico and the Hecate cabin can call on ghost armies at will so those ghosts would destroy the dementors. And btw in the titan war all the halfbloods were able to use their reflexes so I dont know what you mean by they wouldnt be ableto use reflexes because in war thats what a warrior uses his reflexes and skills.

P.S. Sorry about the long posts it's a habit but I'll try to cut down.

phoenixfire12301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He still had some and Snape had a large store of a variety of potions that was the store I was talking about. Seeing this is a war I can guarantee you that it will be more than battle and that if necessary. Look at the two wizarding wars they lasted for years and this battle can easily last this long because they all have access to some very similar things. So I continually give my edge to HP's side because of skills like transfiguration and charms which can sustain their stores for a longer period of time. And just in reply to the part of Dementors Umbridge was able to use them to interrogate people by keeping a patronous near her and letting them "kiss" whoever they wanted if they did not admit to being a magic thief and if they did same thing lol. Plus I do agree with you about the 3 & 4 years they would get sent away anyways by the professors so 5th years should receive DA style training. And does this battle get to include the 17 years aftermath and Aurors?

ps I like your long posts they give me time to think about what you are saying.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@phoenixfire12301: @Jnr6Lil: Phoenix fire on the contrary slughorn had prepared those potions before hand and felix felicis isnt something you find in any old potion store because it is one of the rarer potions plus once again they only get 1 month of prep so anything over that time limit is inadmissable in the argument.

Actually to correct you whereas hogworts has only been in one major battle and that was the last one where Everyone participated, The battle at the astronomy tower would be considered minor because it only included some members of dumbledores army and some of the order of the phoenix about 20 or so people max. Whereas in Percy Jackson there have been about 6 or so major battles. One in book 2 when the monsters attacked when the defenses were down. And in book 4 where lukes army attacked through the labyrinth and inbook 5 there were about 3 seperate major battles as kronos's army attacked multiple times not just once. There was the major battle in the begining of the book the middle and the end. And the Gods never helped them because they were busy and had a rule against it, the kids were by themselves. Also harry and hermione havent been in as many fights as percy, annabeth, grover or even clarisse. And dumbeldore and snape once again arent older than chiron. Plus slughorn isnt a fighter he is a teacher. flitwick and lupin honestly wouldnt bemuch of a threat

The assumption that the 3rd and 4th years could learn the spell, is incorrect because even though harry's life was on the line all the time and he was a "talented" wizard he wasnt able to properly use crucio until book 7.

Celestial bronze is magic metal that affects gods and titans so it would not be ineffective

It's not that magic wouldnt destroy the robots it's that if giant skin can block magic. It would take a ;lot of spell casting to destroy the robots and as such the robots would end up killing alot of people as well as working as a good distraction. Also everyone has been shown killing monsters in all the various wars and battles fought

They already have a giant dragon on standbye and percy has dominion over all horses so he just has to call and leagues of pegasi come to his aid, and nico has the same effect on hell hounds so he just calls and boom legion of hell hounds. And the untrained creatures wouldnt do near as much damage as the trained ones.

And lastly 2 things hogwarts probably wouldnt use dementors because they kinda attack everyone friend and foe alike so using dementors would hurt them as well. And even if they did use dementors remember the Ares Cabin, Nico and the Hecate cabin can call on ghost armies at will so those ghosts would destroy the dementors. And btw in the titan war all the halfbloods were able to use their reflexes so I dont know what you mean by they wouldnt be ableto use reflexes because in war thats what a warrior uses his reflexes and skills.

P.S. Sorry about the long posts it's a habit but I'll try to cut down.

All those battles you named that were in PJO all dealed with Percy. The only full Camp battle was in the Last Olympian. You claim Harry & Hermione haven't been as much battles as Percy, Annabeth, Grover, & Clarisse when Grover & Clarisse have any rare impressive combat feats, same as Anabeth. Harry & Hermione are in battles almost every year. You claim Dumbledore & Snape aren't older than Chiron but all Chiron has is archery, which can be blocked by defensive charms and is useless is in close combat. And Slughorn is a fighter. He fought in the Battle of Hogwarts along with Flitwick and Lupin who have impressive feats.

1. Crucio wasn't introduced until the 4th book and 2. It's not that Harry didn't have the skill to use crucio, It's because he didn't have the mindset for it. To use the Cruciatus Curse you have to enjoy the feeling of inflicting pain itself.

Are wizards, gods and titans? That makes it unaffective

There isn't various wars. There's only been one war and that was in the Last Olympian. Either way all you're doing is speculating that robots could block magic which has bene shown it couldn't so yes easily destroyed.

Pegasi can fly, and Hellhounds are Hellhounds but I would go to say Hippogriffs are just as dangerous as Pegasi, and there's XXXXX creatures in HP that could take care of the Hellhounds.

Dementors would handle everything.Sure Dementors attack anyone but Dementors have also been controlled by Azkaban & Hogwarts. They're more likely to go after the Demigods if the Hogwarts students simply keep their Patronus around. And the Ares Cabin, Nico, & Hecate cabin can't hurt Dementors because the only thing that's been shown to hurt Dementors is the Patronus Charm.

A warrior uses reflexes when he has space. Reflexes are useless in a crowded area. Usain Bolt is a fastest man alive but if he tried running in a crowd of 10,000 people that are all moving around he's going nowhere.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Joewell911

@Jnr6Lil: Actually in the Mark of Athena Annabeth got some pretty good battle and prep feats and Celestial Bronze will work in this battle

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil:You saidthat they fight at the end ofhalf blood prince was a war battle and if you count that as a ful on battle when only about 30 people were involved then why would you dare to say that percy jacksons battles arent wars when they involve hundreds of demigods and monsters. The battles at CHB in book 2 was a war because it involved legions of monsters versus the camp, in book 4 at the end it was an entire army of monsters and enemy demigods vs the camp. And in book 5 They had 3 differen battles against monster armies so it is now a fact CHB has been in more battles than hogwarts

I'm not speculating that robots could block magic I am using logic to explain that they would massacre half the demigods before they could stop them. Let me explain. In harry potter it has been shown that even with some of their most explosive spells they have only been able to barely destroy materials such as reinforced steel and concrete walls. The robots are made of celestial bronze and other metals and as such are very durable. Based on the destructive power of hogwarts it would take five to six spells to start to slow down the robots {they dont feel pain} and since the wizards arent trained for such close combat robot assault, they would be killed in droves by the robots. Not to mention the material would reflect some of the spells.

It is a regularly understood law that intangible cancels intangible and the only thing that hurts ghosts are other ghosts or people with special powers.The dementors are ghosts and just as how a dementor can fight another dementor{ ghost vs ghost} likewise the ghosts that nico and the ares cabin would summon up would be able to fight the dementors so once again I say the dementors are no problem

also that is rubbish when a marine trains his hand to hand combat skills and he goes into combat the first thing he is going to use {if he dosent have a gun} is his fighting skills.You say the demigods cant us their reflexes and skills in close combat, well that is stupid. Why? because those skills were taught and developed for the sole purpose of close, crowded combat situations.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@joewell: Celestial bronze may not work against wizards @morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil:You saidthat they fight at the end ofhalf blood prince was a war battle and if you count that as a ful on battle when only about 30 people were involved then why would you dare to say that percy jacksons battles arent wars when they involve hundreds of demigods and monsters. The battles at CHB in book 2 was a war because it involved legions of monsters versus the camp, in book 4 at the end it was an entire army of monsters and enemy demigods vs the camp. And in book 5 They had 3 differen battles against monster armies so it is now a fact CHB has been in more battles than hogwarts

I'm not speculating that robots could block magic I am using logic to explain that they would massacre half the demigods before they could stop them. Let me explain. In harry potter it has been shown that even with some of their most explosive spells they have only been able to barely destroy materials such as reinforced steel and concrete walls. The robots are made of celestial bronze and other metals and as such are very durable. Based on the destructive power of hogwarts it would take five to six spells to start to slow down the robots {they dont feel pain} and since the wizards arent trained for such close combat robot assault, they would be killed in droves by the robots. Not to mention the material would reflect some of the spells.

It is a regularly understood law that intangible cancels intangible and the only thing that hurts ghosts are other ghosts or people with special powers.The dementors are ghosts and just as how a dementor can fight another dementor{ ghost vs ghost} likewise the ghosts that nico and the ares cabin would summon up would be able to fight the dementors so once again I say the dementors are no problem

also that is rubbish when a marine trains his hand to hand combat skills and he goes into combat the first thing he is going to use {if he dosent have a gun} is his fighting skills.You say the demigods cant us their reflexes and skills in close combat, well that is stupid. Why? because those skills were taught and developed for the sole purpose of close, crowded combat situations.

PJO only had one full on camp battle and that was the battle against the Titans. In Book 5 all of those monster armies were Percy & his friends fighting, not the full camp. In Book 4, it was mostly in the labyrinth and when it did get to the surface it wasn't the whole camp. PJO & HP are equal 2 battles each.

Not all spells are meant to blow something up, but if you go back to the 7th movie, McGonagall tells Neville to go boom, implying that there are magical explosives which would destroy the robot. The Blasting Curse, Bombarda Maxima, & Reductor Curse could blow the robots to pieces

Dementors aren't Ghosts, They're two different things. Dementors are creatures, Ghosts are people who died and came back as a spirit. And because Dementors only shown weakness is The Patronus Charm we can't assume Nico or the Ares cabin would defeat them.

They can't use it. Sure if a Marine doesn't have a gun and all eh has are his fighting skills, yes he'll use them. But that's if the option is there. If he doesn't have a gun and there's five people surrounding him with guns his fighting skills will be useless. Same with reflexes. You can have the greatest reflexes and agility in the world, but reflexes is also something that relies on space something which you won't see (1000(JK Rowling's account on the number of students living in Hogwarts) + the amount of demigods in CHB) (Ex: Reflexes are useless if somebody was shooting at you with a machine gun in a closet

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Wizards are not fully humans so it would affect them

Celestial bronze is very hard to destroy what with it being forged in godly fires. As such explosions and blasts would only do so much and no more

And in that case with the dementors then both teams would die because the ghosts cant be stopped with spells. Also just saying argument wise the dementors have nothing to do with hogwarts they work for the ministery at the prisons. And bye the bye just because they are not ghost doesnt mean the ghosts wont affect them, and the dementors couldn kill them what with them being dead and all.

It depends on the reflexes and speed if it was just a regular person in the closet then sure hey would die,but if it was someone who could see the bullets and move fast enough to dodge they wouldnt get hit, because bullets only take up a small amount of space hence the slightest of shifts in the right direction can allow you to dodge them.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim: We don't know if it would affect them because Wizards are more HP than PJO. Wizards have no godly blood, or monster blood so most likely it wouldn't

We don't know how strong the blasts would be

The ghosts in PJO barely do nothing. Name their strong combat feats. The ghosts in PJO don't do combat. Only the skeletons do wish I would say could easily be stopped if someone manages to get the Imperious Curse on Nico (which can't be dodged since it doesn't send out a beam of light that follows the victim) The Dementors work for the Ministry, but there's also 1 month prep. Enough to hire Dementors to guard the school (Which was done if you seen the Prisoner of Azkaban). We don't know if ghosts could affect them. The only thing that's shown to affect Dementors is the Patronus Charm, Anything other than that is pure speculation.

*Sigh* You need space to use reflexes. I don't think you understand that if there is no room to dodge, you can't dodge. Ex: If someone was shooting at you in a box (a small box where you wouldn't even be able to standup or stretch out your legs in front of you i.e. fetal position) where you have no space to move due to the size of the box, it doesn't matter if you have the best reflexes in the world, if you have no space to move, to use those reflexes. then you're good as dead.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Well for one thing according to the Op the bronze would work and secondly the only thing celestial bronze dosent cut is something that is completely human.It can affect metal {which dosent have monster or godly blood} so it would obviously be able to affect wizards.

But we do know that therobots are durable enough to take up to 3 explosive blasts without sustaining any notable damage

I never said that the ghosts would be fighting all I said was that they would be able to stalemate the dementors due to their unkillable nature as well as the fact that even though the dementors are not ghosts the yare still phantoms so they would be affected. The imperius curse would have to be used at close range and no one would be getting close to nico what with the dead soliders and his own incredible fighting skills

*Sigh* You are under the impression that in the fight everyone is going to be packed tighter than sardines you know that there is ample space in a battle zone for complex manuevouring and evasive action. They wont be fighting side by side packed like mackerals. They arent exactly fighting in a box

Also one thing I forgot to mention is the nature spirits. CHB has the very battle terrain and elements on their side. While hogwarts is fighting the wind would be fighting against them as well as the rain, lightening, the earth and even the trees

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: Well for one thing according to the Op the bronze would work and secondly the only thing celestial bronze dosent cut is something that is completely human.It can affect metal {which dosent have monster or godly blood} so it would obviously be able to affect wizards.

But we do know that therobots are durable enough to take up to 3 explosive blasts without sustaining any notable damage

I never said that the ghosts would be fighting all I said was that they would be able to stalemate the dementors due to their unkillable nature as well as the fact that even though the dementors are not ghosts the yare still phantoms so they would be affected. The imperius curse would have to be used at close range and no one would be getting close to nico what with the dead soliders and his own incredible fighting skills

*Sigh* You are under the impression that in the fight everyone is going to be packed tighter than sardines you know that there is ample space in a battle zone for complex manuevouring and evasive action. They wont be fighting side by side packed like mackerals. They arent exactly fighting in a box

Also one thing I forgot to mention is the nature spirits. CHB has the very battle terrain and elements on their side. While hogwarts is fighting the wind would be fighting against them as well as the rain, lightening, the earth and even the trees

The OP doesn't say Celestial Bronze would work. Stop making up things. And Celestial Bronze is said to work against Demigods, Titans, Gods & Monsters, none of which are wizards. Nor is there any proof it affects metals.

Where is the proof of them able to take 3 explosive blasts without damage?

The ghosts/skeletons wouldn't affect Dementors. The only thing able to affect Dementors is the Patronus Charm. Simple as that. There's no arguing about that.

1. It hasn't been said that the Imperius Curse has to be used at close range. 2. The wizards could fly to him

There's about 1000 Hogwarts students and probably more than CHB. It's going to be packed. And there isn't going to be space. Manuevouring and evasing action will just cause spells to hit into someone else or you bumping into other people.

Rain, Lightning, Earth, Trees, We don't even know how the weather'll be and there's no instakills according to the OP, so there's not going to be any Percy flooding everyone.

phoenixfire12301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone seems to forget that the suit of arms can be brought to life so they will provide cover for the wizards while they blast away. Also seeing as apparently nothing can affect celestial bronze a disappearing spell should work fine on them because they leave them intact but just move them into nothingness I believe until they are called again. Also the imperius curse can be far away but didn't the op state there can be no controlling spells or items?

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Well actually yes it does affect metal as shown when they cut metal rails and such on various occasions. According to the book the only thing it dosent affect is pure blood humans. And the wizards are not human. So please it was stated in the book so stop trying to argue it

In the Final war as well as in book 3 in the junk yard to stop a robot it took alot of hammering and at times they even fell from hundreds of feet in the sky and got up with out a scratch plus celestial bronze has been shown and said to be more durable than anyother metal {except maybe imperial gold and stygian iron} and as such can withstand powerfull assaults

The patronus charms only scare dementors right which means that wizards have no way of killing them. And just to clariffy its not that the patronus charm is the only thing that works it is just costume made for them and the most effective spell to use. A dementor is either tangible or intangible, if it is intangible then the ghost would take care of them and if it is tangible the robots will deal with them. It never once stated in harry potter that dementors are untouchable

1} It hasnt been said that the imperius curseis for long range use and it has only been used in immediate close range

2} The demigods will have control of the air with the air spirits and theargo2 so the wizards will not be doing any flying

It dosent matter what the weather is the nature spirits can change it to suit themselves. And if no insta kill is allowed then goodbye avada kedvra and dementors.

SuperheroSith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SuperheroSith

CHB would slaughter HW. Better fighters, half gods and Percy's water power. Thread should be closed.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: Well actually yes it does affect metal as shown when they cut metal rails and such on various occasions. According to the book the only thing it dosent affect is pure blood humans. And the wizards are not human. So please it was stated in the book so stop trying to argue it

In the Final war as well as in book 3 in the junk yard to stop a robot it took alot of hammering and at times they even fell from hundreds of feet in the sky and got up with out a scratch plus celestial bronze has been shown and said to be more durable than anyother metal {except maybe imperial gold and stygian iron} and as such can withstand powerfull assaults

The patronus charms only scare dementors right which means that wizards have no way of killing them. And just to clariffy its not that the patronus charm is the only thing that works it is just costume made for them and the most effective spell to use. A dementor is either tangible or intangible, if it is intangible then the ghost would take care of them and if it is tangible the robots will deal with them. It never once stated in harry potter that dementors are untouchable

1} It hasnt been said that the imperius curseis for long range use and it has only been used in immediate close range

2} The demigods will have control of the air with the air spirits and theargo2 so the wizards will not be doing any flying

It dosent matter what the weather is the nature spirits can change it to suit themselves. And if no insta kill is allowed then goodbye avada kedvra and dementors.

It can cut metal because it is bronze, but you have no proof, that the sword would work on humans. They aren't gods, they aren't demigods, or monsters. They have no superhuman feats. Other than magic they're close to humans. When the book says it affects wizard I'll believe you.

What robot?

The Patronus Charm is the only thing that is shown to work so far. You keep saying ghosts will work against Dementor. Show me proof, Actual proof from either HP or PJO, because the only thing that's been shown to work against Dementors is the Patronus Charm.

1) It never said it was limited to close range,

2) The fight isn't going to be in the air, wizards don't have to fly in the sky to use the broom, and I'm sure with years of flying they manage to deal with weather. In Quidditch they were able to deal with wind and rain.

Again it's never been said that the nature spirits can control the weather. Again show me proof.

And Dementors aren't instakills. If you take out Dementors you have to get rid of the skeletons since they can't be defeated unless Nico is.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Wizards are not human and the sword cuts everything except humans so it doesnt matter how close to human they are if they arent pur human they will be hurt. Plus in book two when they were on the sorcerors island the bronze affected it. And btw your logic is flawed you claim the bronze only affects things that are monsters or have godly blood yet the bronze has been shown to work on anything living dead animate and inanimate except humans and wizards are not humans.

Evidently you dont remember all the robots that where activated to fight as well as the robot in book 3 that killed bianca di angelo

Dementors are either physical or phantasmic ghosts in percy jackson have been shown toaffaect other ghosts/phantasmic entities as such if they are not physical the ghosts will stop them. And if they are touchable the robots will stop them as they would be nunaffected by the dementors kiss. I need you to show me where in harry potter it states that dementors are untouchable and unkillable they only told them the patronus was the best weapon

1} But yet it never said it had long range plus it has only been used at close range so its better to conclude it is close instead of long range

2}They can deal with natural weather that is just blowing they cant deal with supernatural weather that is purposely trying to kill them

3} Thalia and Percy can control the weather and nature spirits can control whatever element they are which included water, earth, trees, and wind so yes they can control the weather. Also satyrs have nature magic and can turn people to tree or make them fall asleep by playing music so stop that.

Also there is the hypnos cabin that just have to yawn to subdue their enemies, put them on the front line and all of hogwarts would be incapacitated before the battle even started

phoenixfire12301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morgrim: In Harry Potter 3 it states that dementors are really only affected by the patronus charm and that is the only thing being seen to affect them so it is really the most viable weapon for them. But in the 6th book it is obvious Harry knows other ways because he said he was going to get a low grade for disagreeing with Snape on the best way to protect from them which means they are most likely ineffective. A dementor's presence itself begins to take away happiness and makes one only feel depression so a sword will most likely be out of range until they move into the kiss. Also all of those sleeping techniques can be emulated by wizards with spells like stupefy and the wizards also have a reviving spell that will revive them Rennervate(this may only work on stupefy but it is called the reviving spell so I am assuming it would work) the wizards also are hinted at having control over the weather which is evident right before the battle of Hogwarts "...although he could barely see out of it, he pointed his wand through the smashed window and started muttering incantations of great complexity. Harry heard a weird rushing noise, as though Flitwick had unleashed the power of the wind into the grounds."

And the imperius curse has been shown to use at medium ranges. For instance, when Crouch Jr. controlled Krum from outside the maze while he was within it. It is also possible Voldemort used at long range when he used the curse on Pius Thicknesse.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By morgrim

@phoenixfire12301: Well despite that I have been reading up on dementors and it turns out that they actually have physical bodies. The only reason why people dont fight them in close combat is because of the whole dementor kiss thing but in that case the animatron robots would be perfect because as souless creatures they would be able to tear the dementors apart without worrying about emotions and such

Secondly as shown in harry potter book 4 when harry ron and hermione were walking through the forest and because of the dark mark a dozen or so ministry of magic officials apparated right infront of them in a circle yet harry was able to duck fast enough to dodge. This just proves even further that spells can be dodged even at point blank range and if harry and ron and hermione could dodge 12 teleported wand blasts them demigods with supremely better reflexes would be able to dodge better

And in relation to the sleeping as stated before their sleeping spell is avoidable however the hypnos cabins sleep power is delivered through sound and the air it is as difficult to dodge as a well aimed yawn. especially since its not just one person its a bunch of them

I am sure that the spirits of nature have more control over nature than one and two wizards as not every one at hogwarts can perform such "incantations of great complexity"

And it is a proven fact that the imperius curse can be resisted if one has a strong will and the majority of demigods if not all of them have demonstrated great will power

phoenixfire12301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the imperius curse is cast properly it can overcome strongly willed people a perfect example is when Harry robs Gringots, all the goblins have been shown to be stubborn with the rules of Gringots yet the imperius curse at least for a while allowed him to control the goblin. Also apaparation is a saving grace for the wizards. It allows them to flee if necessary and return with whatever means necessary to defeat the demigods(I love how I spelled necessary right 3x in a row). As for the Hypnos cabin's yawn spells like Siliencio(sorry for spelling) can stop this in theory if it travels by sound. The wizards also have a reviving spell that can stop the results of this spell. Also with a month of prep NEWT students could probably learn elemental magic to counter any powers the nymphs have(or at least slow them down). The wizards also will use mandrake roots and other plants like they used versus voldemort plants that can harm people with sounds and such. To deal with the robots the wizards have the suits of armors that can be animated if needed to fight. They can also be transfigured or shot away. Also most people don't fight dementors physically/close up because it invokes horrible emotions that just shut you down(still useless on the robots I know.) Besides JK Rowling stated they cannot be killed only have their breeding sessions reduced.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: Wizards are not human and the sword cuts everything except humans so it doesnt matter how close to human they are if they arent pur human they will be hurt. Plus in book two when they were on the sorcerors island the bronze affected it. And btw your logic is flawed you claim the bronze only affects things that are monsters or have godly blood yet the bronze has been shown to work on anything living dead animate and inanimate except humans and wizards are not humans.

Evidently you dont remember all the robots that where activated to fight as well as the robot in book 3 that killed bianca di angelo

Dementors are either physical or phantasmic ghosts in percy jackson have been shown toaffaect other ghosts/phantasmic entities as such if they are not physical the ghosts will stop them. And if they are touchable the robots will stop them as they would be nunaffected by the dementors kiss. I need you to show me where in harry potter it states that dementors are untouchable and unkillable they only told them the patronus was the best weapon

1} But yet it never said it had long range plus it has only been used at close range so its better to conclude it is close instead of long range

2}They can deal with natural weather that is just blowing they cant deal with supernatural weather that is purposely trying to kill them

3} Thalia and Percy can control the weather and nature spirits can control whatever element they are which included water, earth, trees, and wind so yes they can control the weather. Also satyrs have nature magic and can turn people to tree or make them fall asleep by playing music so stop that.

Also there is the hypnos cabin that just have to yawn to subdue their enemies, put them on the front line and all of hogwarts would be incapacitated before the battle even started

When it comes to animate things it doesn't work on Wizards because Wizards are humans. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wizardkind

Nope

And since the Patronus is the only thing that was shown to work against them, everything else is speculation/

1) Doesn't mean it can't be used close range.

2) I still doesn't see how weather comes into play.

And the Hypnos Cabin aren't that effective. They can make people sleepy but not completely subdue them.

thewatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By thewatch

Percy solos

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By morgrim

@phoenixfire12301: Demigods on a regular basis travel to hell and deal with monsters that not only affect them physically but mentally as well, they have been through nerving life and death situations and have endured excruciating levels of pain and exhaustion, Their minds and very resilient and as such if harry potter in his 4th year with what little mental turmoil he had was capable of throwing off the imperius then so can the demigods.

Only grades 6 and 7 students can apparate and that isnt exactly alot and eventually they would get tired plus as shown before harry dodged a bunch of spells fired from wizards who ap[parated directly in front of him so it dosent really help combat demigods with faster reflexes and better eye sight

I think you and Jnr6Lil really need to understand something. Wizards dont instantaneously learn any spell they want to it usually takes weeks/ months to learn and or master a spell. For instance it took harry over a month to learn the summoning charm and he is one of hogwarts better wizards. Plus it took Ron and everybody else {except hermione} even longer. Not to mention the time it took to learn apparition or the patronus charm. In one month the most they could learn/maser is 2 or maybe 3 new spells. And that is only the 5/6/7 year students all the students below would be lucky to master one new spell. And they wouldnt be mastering any unforgivable curses in that time period what with those being the most difficult curses. Maybe one an two would learn crucio. But its not like they will all be sporting avada kedvra

Camphalf blood also has plants like that and they dont need to kill the dementors just stop them and seal them away later.

@Jnr6Lil: The magic they wield classifies them as non humans because as seen in Heroes of Olympus they fight human villians with magic and the bronze still affects them

Again I say it is written they have human forms so the robots could stall them

1} But it has never been shown to work at long range and based on the complexity of the spell plus the instances in which ithas been used it is more plausible that it is a close range spell

2} People cant fight well while their wands are being whipped away by the breeze, their sight blinded by hail and rain plus not to mention the lightening, plant vines and earth quakes

They can completely subdue them its just that they dont do it to their friends, plus even if that were he case being sleepy in battle is almost as bad as being unconscious

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@phoenixfire12301: Demigods on a regular basis travel to hell and deal with monsters that not only affect them physically but mentally as well, they have been through nerving life and death situations and have endured excruciating levels of pain and exhaustion, Their minds and very resilient and as such if harry potter in his 4th year with what little mental turmoil he had was capable of throwing off the imperius then so can the demigods.

Only grades 6 and 7 students can apparate and that isnt exactly alot and eventually they would get tired plus as shown before harry dodged a bunch of spells fired from wizards who ap[parated directly in front of him so it dosent really help combat demigods with faster reflexes and better eye sight

I think you and Jnr6Lil really need to understand something. Wizards dont instantaneously learn any spell they want to it usually takes weeks/ months to learn and or master a spell. For instance it took harry over a month to learn the summoning charm and he is one of hogwarts better wizards. Plus it took Ron and everybody else {except hermione} even longer. Not to mention the time it took to learn apparition or the patronus charm. In one month the most they could learn/maser is 2 or maybe 3 new spells. And that is only the 5/6/7 year students all the students below would be lucky to master one new spell. And they wouldnt be mastering any unforgivable curses in that time period what with those being the most difficult curses. Maybe one an two would learn crucio. But its not like they will all be sporting avada kedvra

Camphalf blood also has plants like that and they dont need to kill the dementors just stop them and seal them away later.

@Jnr6Lil: The magic they wield classifies them as non humans because as seen in Heroes of Olympus they fight human villians with magic and the bronze still affects them

Again I say it is written they have human forms so the robots could stall them

1} But it has never been shown to work at long range and based on the complexity of the spell plus the instances in which ithas been used it is more plausible that it is a close range spell

2} People cant fight well while their wands are being whipped away by the breeze, their sight blinded by hail and rain plus not to mention the lightening, plant vines and earth quakes

They can completely subdue them its just that they dont do it to their friends, plus even if that were he case being sleepy in battle is almost as bad as being unconscious

They're all still kids. Again you're speculating that the whole camp has fought monsters when I've already proven it isn't that common and it doesn't mean they have strong mental will, just physical.

In a month, I'm sure they could learn lots of spells (Especially when they already have knowledge of them and the Unforgivable Curses from Moody & Amycus Carrow), especially in a life or death situation. Hell all they have to do is learn

Dude stop arguing fact. I already posted a website link that has them as humans.

And you continue to say the robots can stall them. I'll believe that when you show me proof, that anything other than the Patronus Charm can work against Dementors. Again you claim robots can stall them. Show me this proof, because I'm basing my argument on feats

1) Even if it's only close range, chances are it'll be a close range fight. which gives them the chance to use the curse.

2) Wizards know non-verbal magic, and wands return to their owner. I highly doubt wizards don't have grip over their wand. And again you act as if rain, hail, lightening, plant vines, earth quakes don't affect the demigods either. When rain and hail fall down it has no target, it's affecting both sides. And the OP states lightning isn't allowed since that's an insta-kill. You bring lightning into the game, then wizards are allowed Avada Kedavra

Wizards also have Disillusionment Charms that make them invisible to the demigods.

Not only do wizards have spells to counter that but they also know Transfiguration.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#125  Edited By Epicbeast3000

camp half blood wins. They are demigods with naturally far greater physical attributes than a human. Plus they have special powers and are all perfect in their field, like hepheastus could engineer huge giant robots, Annabeth with prep is deadly, Percy and Jason are incredibaly powerful. Nico is again just as powerful as jason and Percy. They are half gods. Demigod vs wizard. Demigod stomps. Nico can probably scare the sh*t out of the wizards, Percy could just use the lake to flood and destroy the hogwarts buildings, Jason calls lightning. Annebath could get the demigods in some kind of battle formations and lead a strategical victory, Ares would just use their strength and skils, Hepheastus could built huge robots

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Now you are just being ignorant why on earth do you keep insisting that not all demigods have fought monsters regularly when all of them participated in the multiple wars, all of them had to fight monhsters to reach camp half blood and all of them have to go into the forest to fight monsters at regular intervals it says so in the book for crying out loud.

Also please stop grasping at straws celestial bronze will affect them why because of the magic in their viens celestial bronze has been shown to hurt humans with magic so the wizards would get hurt

Them learning a bunch of spells in a month is just speculaion it is factual though that it takes weeks to learn one medium level new spell and that is in regards to 4th year students all 1st to 3rd years would only learn about 2 spells max, while 4th and up would be lucky to learn 4 not to mention knowledge of a spell dosent mean ability to use it as shown when even though harry knew the summoning charm he couldnt perform it

Dementors arephysical hence physical things affect them enough said

1} at max only 20 of them would know the curse

2} Their wands dont return to them unless they know nonverbal and they dont learn that until their final year so big whoop about 5% of them can return their wands, plus harry's wand has been knocked out of his hand already

I already mentioned they can ssee through disillusionment charms

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#127  Edited By Alchemax_7

Everyone from both the Harry Potter Universe and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/ Hero's of Olympus. Realises the fact that they're not from the same world, turns to face the forth wall and everyone instantly commits suicide as they realise they don't exist in the real world, and are only beings of fiction.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By morgrim

@Alchemax_7: Or they dont.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Alchemax_7 said:

Everyone from both the Harry Potter Universe and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/ Hero's of Olympus. Realises the fact that they're not from the same world, turns to face the forth wall and everyone instantly commits suicide as they realise they don't exist in the real world, and are only beings of fiction.

How do you know we are not beings of fiction?

Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
michaelthemighty17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

chb for shure

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#131  Edited By Alchemax_7

@UltimateHero0406: We could be

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: Now you are just being ignorant why on earth do you keep insisting that not all demigods have fought monsters regularly when all of them participated in the multiple wars, all of them had to fight monhsters to reach camp half blood and all of them have to go into the forest to fight monsters at regular intervals it says so in the book for crying out loud.

Also please stop grasping at straws celestial bronze will affect them why because of the magic in their viens celestial bronze has been shown to hurt humans with magic so the wizards would get hurt

Them learning a bunch of spells in a month is just speculaion it is factual though that it takes weeks to learn one medium level new spell and that is in regards to 4th year students all 1st to 3rd years would only learn about 2 spells max, while 4th and up would be lucky to learn 4 not to mention knowledge of a spell dosent mean ability to use it as shown when even though harry knew the summoning charm he couldnt perform it

Dementors arephysical hence physical things affect them enough said

1} at max only 20 of them would know the curse

2} Their wands dont return to them unless they know nonverbal and they dont learn that until their final year so big whoop about 5% of them can return their wands, plus harry's wand has been knocked out of his hand already

I already mentioned they can ssee through disillusionment charms

They haven't participated in multiple wars. Only the war against the Titans which was really only 2 battles that dealt with the whole camp. They never actually defeated the monsters to reach CHB. Satyrs usually helped them in that area, and only a few actually go into the forest to fight monsters.

Celestrial bronze only works against demigods and monsters, not humans which I've shown proof that Wizards are. When you can show me some proof that it can work against humans I'll believe you.

Spells advance. That's one thing in Harry Potter. Spells are not only following a cycle (there's less difficult versions of a hard spell), but it all depends on a person's natural skill. Tom Riddle at only 11 was already performing nonverbal magic with perfect control.

Show me proof. Unless you can show me proof that anything other than the Patronus Charm can affect them everything you say is speculation.

1) 20 is alot and also an unrealistic number for a school that houses 1000 students.

2) They have previous knowledge from their years at Hogwarts.

Proof?

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil:

From your answers I am going to assume one thing, you have not read ALL the percy jackson books maybe some but definately not all.

In book two they fought a war against monsters, in book four they fought a war against lukes army, and in book five they fought two battles against kronos's army. While only 20 students in hogwarts participated in the battle in book 6 while all participated in the book7 battle which means CHB outnumbers them in the number of battles fought. Secondly the satyrs don't find everyone and even when they do they still end up fighting monsters just look at percy, or nico, or piper or leo all of them discovered by capable satyrs all of hem had to fight hordes of monsters nonetheless. Not to mention those like annabeth who didnt have satyrs and had to fight monsters daily. And yes everyone regularly goes into the forest to fight it is staed in the book.

I did give you proof in Percy Jackson even if you are "human" if you have magic about you the celestial bronze will affect you as evident in beings such as medea and midas. And btw in these kinds of battles it is usually stipulated that the metal works

Every child with magic can use a little bit of it as a child even without a wand or spells, thats how hogwarts find them even harry at a young age was disapparing glass and growing his hair, the only difference was that voldemort was more aware of it than others.

Not speculation it is written in the book that they have physical bodies they grasp things and people can bump into them so yes physical things affect them

1} The forbidden spells are not taught and only a margin ofstudents even know about them much less have the magical power to perform them. In bopok four it was said that even if every wizard in the class used avada kedavra it would even give someone a nose bleed. It is only in about their 6th year to seveth they have the power to properly use the curses and then again they would have to learn and master them in a month and they have been shown unable to apparate or cast difficult new spells with at least three months of training and the unforgivable curses are harder to perform than apparating or any other spell they have learnt so all ofthem learning it in a month is a stretch if any thing only 20 will learn it

2} So what only 5% can return their wands to them

Again I say the mist is an illusion

P.S.{ sorry for the long post i was in a bit of a mood when i wrote this}

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim: I've read the PJO books. Don't jump to accusations because somebody disagreed withyou

In book 2 it was only Percy & his friends fighting against monsters, and in Book 5 again it was only one battle, which was the one battle at the end of the book. And all who the satyrs find they help. Percy, Nico, Piper, & Leo had no skill fighting monsters before they went to CHB. Annabeth is a rare exception who A. Was claimed and B. Had training from Luke & Thalia. It's not stated everyone reguraly goes into the forest, it says they're are monsters in the forest

1. Celestrial bronze was never shown to work on Medea or Midas. Point is it's never shown to work on humans which the wizards are.

No it wasn't just Voldemort was just aware. Voldemort had control over his power. When Harry and other 11 year olds were doing non-verbal magic it was spontaneous. It happened randomly. Voldemort was using it in a way that could possibly hurt older wizards.

It was never said people can bump into them. In that case, Dementors wouldn't even need to be defeated by the Patronus Charm, which again is the only thing shown to work against them.

1) The Unforgivable Curses were taught to them in their 4th year when Barty Crouch Jr disguise dhimself as Moody, taught to them when the Death Eaters occupied Hogwarts in the 7th year. A month is enough to master them.

2) Accio will do the trick.

Disillusionment charms turn you invisble, which the Mist has never been shown to stop.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: Actually while they were away from camp the rest of the campers were fighting monster attacks, Also in book four there was abig battle so dont disregard that and in book five they had several different encounters, Percy was protected from detection by the guy his mother hung around and piper and leo were also protetcted so they are in fact the rare exceptions. annabeths story is the norm you get attacked alot it was stated in the book. Plus it is a mandority thing that every friday they either have capture the flag battles or fight monsters battle again it was stated.

1} Please be sensible it is obvious in these kinds of fights that celestial bronze will work on the opponent otherwise it wouldnt make sense to have the battle. Plus im tired of telling you the wizards are not pure human so they will be affected

It is irrelevant whether or not they could use their powers at an early age plus voldemort isnt even in this battle

Dementors have been shown to establish physical contact with people as well as people doing the same with them {prisoners} but the people cant maintain the contact because of soul sucking hence why the robots would be perfect to combat them

1} Dont be a fool I recently reach book four and he never taught them he only showed them and he even mentioned that all of them combined couldnt cast an unforgivable curse and it wasnt till their sixth year that even one of them could cast crucio. Also a month is a far cry from enough seeing that in his fourth year harry took about three months to learn summoning. and in his sixth year it took them all a whole semester to learn apparition and not even everyone learnt it, So no with one month they would be lucky if five people learned the most complex and dangerous spells in wizardom

2} Only 7th years and up have been shown capable of performing wandless magic as such only a small percentage of the school could recover a lost wand

Its not what the mist does its the demigods ability to see through it which demonstrates their ability to see through illusions

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: Actually while they were away from camp the rest of the campers were fighting monster attacks, Also in book four there was abig battle so dont disregard that and in book five they had several different encounters, Percy was protected from detection by the guy his mother hung around and piper and leo were also protetcted so they are in fact the rare exceptions. annabeths story is the norm you get attacked alot it was stated in the book. Plus it is a mandority thing that every friday they either have capture the flag battles or fight monsters battle again it was stated.

1} Please be sensible it is obvious in these kinds of fights that celestial bronze will work on the opponent otherwise it wouldnt make sense to have the battle. Plus im tired of telling you the wizards are not pure human so they will be affected

It is irrelevant whether or not they could use their powers at an early age plus voldemort isnt even in this battle

Dementors have been shown to establish physical contact with people as well as people doing the same with them {prisoners} but the people cant maintain the contact because of soul sucking hence why the robots would be perfect to combat them

1} Dont be a fool I recently reach book four and he never taught them he only showed them and he even mentioned that all of them combined couldnt cast an unforgivable curse and it wasnt till their sixth year that even one of them could cast crucio. Also a month is a far cry from enough seeing that in his fourth year harry took about three months to learn summoning. and in his sixth year it took them all a whole semester to learn apparition and not even everyone learnt it, So no with one month they would be lucky if five people learned the most complex and dangerous spells in wizardom

2} Only 7th years and up have been shown capable of performing wandless magic as such only a small percentage of the school could recover a lost wand

Its not what the mist does its the demigods ability to see through it which demonstrates their ability to see through illusions

In Book 5 all those several different encounters were Percy's team. And no Annabeth's story isn't the norm. Most of the demigods when attacked by monsters were getting defeated. And on Friday they have Capture the Flag. It doesn't mean they go out to fight monsters. Most demigods don't go out to fight monsters. Hence the reason of there being the Golden Fleece.

1) The wizards are human. It doesn't matter if they can use magic. Everything about them is human. When you show me proof that celestrial bronze will work against them, your argument is moot.

It means they could have natural aptitude.

Dementors were never shown to actually touch people, just get in close proximity with them. Again the only thing that's been shown to work against Dementors is the Patronus Charm. When you show me proof that something else can work again its speculation.

1) Even then Amycus Carrow were teaching them Dark Arts in the 7th Book. And again the prespective you're speaking from is if the HP Series still going on, but this battle takes place in the perspective at the end of HP, so right now it's not as if the wixzards are just learning completely new stuff. Right now most of the prep they'll be doing in one month is review.

2) Accio was taught to 4th years.

Demigods can only see what magical creatures for what they are. Other than the name, the Disiillusionment Charm is not an illusion. It actually turns the person invisible, and there's nothing that shows that the Demigods can see through invisible things.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#137  Edited By Saren

A few points:

Dementors have touched people in the books. Harry described their hands as cold and clammy when they touched his face. Although to the best of my knowledge, it's true that the Patronus Charm is the only thing that's ever repelled them.

Harry could cast the Unforgivables in his fifth year; he hit Bellatrix with a Cruciatus Curse during their battle in the Department of Mysteries. She recovered in seconds, however, and said he wouldn't be able to really hurt her with Crucio because it required focused malevolent intent behind it ---- or at least that's how I interpreted "You have to mean it, Potter!". It's odd because Harry was enraged at the time and the book described him as "burning with hatred" or something along those lines, so I doubt he didn't mean it when he used the curse. Whatever. He successfully used it against one of the Carrows later on.

The Disillusionment Charm is very much an illusion. It does not turn you invisible, it turns you into a human chameleon. Your skin and clothing change color and pattern to match your surroundings and background.

The Unforgivable Curses aren't taught to fourth years. The only exception was the fake Moody's class in Goblet of Fire. Given that Moody had a reputation as a hardass who often disregarded norms and customs when they didn't suit him, it would have been in character for him to do so, really. Even so, the fake Moody even stated that the Unforgivable Curses were only meant to be taught at a sixth-year level, and that he was teaching it to fourth-years because he figured they were tough enough to cope. Umbridge later brought up Moody teaching as well as using Unforgivable Curses on students as part of the Ministry's explanation for the supposed longstanding mismanagement of the school's learning process ----- but then again, she was hired to disapprove of anything and everything that happened under Dumbledore's regime.

Dark Magic isn't taught in Hogwarts. In the fourth book, Viktor Krum tells someone, I think it was Harry, that Dumbledore's hatred of Dark Magic was the main factor behind his distrust of Kakaroff, and in the sixth book when Harry and Dumbledore were viewing Voldemort's memories in the Pensieve, Slughorn tells Riddle that the subject of Horcruxes is banned in Hogwarts because of Dumbledore. His brief dalliance with the Dark Arts is what killed his sister, so I greatly doubt it was permitted while he was Headmaster. At the end of HP, McGonagall was Headmistress, and I doubt she permitted it either. The only time it was permitted was while the school was being run by a pair of Death Eaters. It's not the status quo by any means.

Yes, it took Harry several months to master Summoning, but he was always an average student at best. Hermione mastered it in a single class, but that's what she's best at. Different students have always been portrayed as developing proficiency at different rates, so it's a gamble as to how many of them can properly utilize prep.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a few standouts in Hogwarts, but the vast majority of those in Howarts are just kids. They aren't warriors. THey are training to be magical versions of civilians. Magical desk jobs, in other words. They can levitate things, transform things from one form to another, but they were basically helpless until Harry started giving DA lessons. So of hundreds and hundreds of wizards and witches in Hogwarts, the teachers are the ones that might actually cause problems, alone with a few dozen students who have trained in combat. The other ones are likely to crack under the pressue of being in battle and not be much use.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: I realize you have started ignoring the battles in books 2 and four oh well no matter. In book five all the fighting wasn't done by percy's team it was done by the halfblood army, so dont be silly. And yes they have capture the flag ever friday {a good example of training for combat} But they also get assignments to kill forest monsters such as in book 4 when the combat instructor released beasts into the forest and told them to go kill them

1} This point is moot as I have said already that 1} It is assumed in demigod fights that their weapons work and 2} wizards are not totally human because of the magic in their viens as such the celestial bronze will identify them as not fully human and kill them

And yes they were shown on many occasions to touch people they touched harry and were seen physically holding a prisoner

1} Even so with carrow teaching them dark arts only the seventh years were learning anything as dangerous as the unforgivable curses so once again the whole school wouldnt know the curses only at MAX about 20%

2} They were only taught how to cast Accio with a wand never without wand so that point is irrelevant because if they lose their wands they wont be using their lost wands to summon their wands

And citizen Bane already replied to the whole disillusionment charm argument

@CitizenBane: Actually according to J.K rowlings harry was an above average student and that he was the best DADA student and even he has problems learning offensive spells and hermione was declared to be borderline genius so her success in spells dosent mean everyone can have the same success

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@CitizenBane: Even then the Mist isn't said to be seen through wizard illusions, just between godly and monster illusions. Wizards are said to be able to see through the Mist, not illusions. Wizards don't use the Mist.

@morgrim: In Book 5 the only fool Camp battle was at the end of the book, a.k.a. the Battle in NY. Nor are demigods actually told to go kill monsters.

1) Celestrial bronze only works on gods, demigods and monsters. To my knowledge wizards are none of the three and are human. Show me proof that celestrial bronze works on them. Actual proof

2) They could be taught nonverbal magic with one month of prep. Your logic is that the wizards the one month of prep is the first time the everything the wizards learned in 7 books never happened and that this one month is just completely new ot them.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Joewell911

I kinda ment to put it in the op that celestial bronze can hurt wizards in the battle, sorry

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil: The mist is basically just a magically illusion as such it is similar to the disillusionment charm which is alos an illusion hence if you can see through one you can see through the other.

Actually the battle in book 2 was a full battle as it utilized every camp member except percy, annabeth, grover and clarisse, to fight an army. Also the fight in book 4 was a full battle because everyone was involved and it was one army fighting another. And the last battle in book 5 was also a full battle. and yes they are told to go kill monsters and to show you that everyone has fought and killed monsters on a regular basis let me give you an exact quote from the book.

The Battle of the Labyrinth page 52 :" " You must find the wreath before the other teams. And of course you will have to slay the monster to get it and stay alive." The crowd started murmuring excitedly. The task sounded pretty straightforward. Hey we'd all slain monsters before. That's what we trained for.

1} Celestial bronze works on anything not fully human the presence of magic revokes the wizards total humanity hence making them vulnerable

2} No the only wizards that learned anything useful are those in harry's class what I'm saying is that in one month all the 5th years and down are not going to suddenly master unforgivable curses and dangerous hexes. Only harry's group could possibly do that and only because they have prior experience and they only account for 2o% of the school population .

So yea demigod slaughter

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil: The mist is basically just a magically illusion as such it is similar to the disillusionment charm which is alos an illusion hence if you can see through one you can see through the other.

Actually the battle in book 2 was a full battle as it utilized every camp member except percy, annabeth, grover and clarisse, to fight an army. Also the fight in book 4 was a full battle because everyone was involved and it was one army fighting another. And the last battle in book 5 was also a full battle. and yes they are told to go kill monsters and to show you that everyone has fought and killed monsters on a regular basis let me give you an exact quote from the book.

The Battle of the Labyrinth page 52 :" " You must find the wreath before the other teams. And of course you will have to slay the monster to get it and stay alive." The crowd started murmuring excitedly. The task sounded pretty straightforward. Hey we'd all slain monsters before. That's what we trained for.

1} Celestial bronze works on anything not fully human the presence of magic revokes the wizards total humanity hence making them vulnerable

2} No the only wizards that learned anything useful are those in harry's class what I'm saying is that in one month all the 5th years and down are not going to suddenly master unforgivable curses and dangerous hexes. Only harry's group could possibly do that and only because they have prior experience and they only account for 2o% of the school population .

So yea demigod slaughter

No. Demigods can only see through the Mist, not all illusions. Again only the Mist, anything other than that is speculation.

No, that was just Percy's team.

It said they all slain monsters before, doesn't mean on a regular basic.

1) Again, facts say it only works on gods and monsters, not humans which Wizards are. Your argument is moot based on some notion that wizards aren't humans because they use magic when I've already shown proof their human.

2) They were already learning it from Moody & The Carrows. They were learning some advanced magic if they were beating Death Eaters.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By morgrim

@Jnr6Lil:actually they have been shown to see through magic illusions plus even the mist can be amplified to block out demigod perception but yet they have been able to see through it nonetheless

Actually no it wasnt I dont know why you keep saying it was percy's team when the book itself said the entire camp fought

Oh just stop I could show you examples from other books but I dont have the time to leaf through 8 books to reaffirm an already established fact. That all demigods kill monsters regularly it has been stated in the book and it even says they train to fight to monsters as well as fight them to hone skills

1} Actually your information comes from wiki and that is not reliable. Secondly never once in the book did they refer to them selves as humans only as wizards and magical entities hence the swords will work on them

2} That my friend was PIS and many of the students died, plus it was mainly the 5th years and up doing damage not the lower year students. and the battle ended once voldemort died so we dont know if the death eaters had kept on fighting if they wouldnt have won without him

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@morgrim said:

@Jnr6Lil:actually they have been shown to see through magic illusions plus even the mist can be amplified to block out demigod perception but yet they have been able to see through it nonetheless

Actually no it wasnt I dont know why you keep saying it was percy's team when the book itself said the entire camp fought

Oh just stop I could show you examples from other books but I dont have the time to leaf through 8 books to reaffirm an already established fact. That all demigods kill monsters regularly it has been stated in the book and it even says they train to fight to monsters as well as fight them to hone skills

1} Actually your information comes from wiki and that is not reliable. Secondly never once in the book did they refer to them selves as humans only as wizards and magical entities hence the swords will work on them

2} That my friend was PIS and many of the students died, plus it was mainly the 5th years and up doing damage not the lower year students. and the battle ended once voldemort died so we dont know if the death eaters had kept on fighting if they wouldnt have won without him

Magic illusions that were created by The Mist

It's said all demigods are trained to kill monsters, not reguarly

1) Um yes they referred to themselves as humans. There's a reason Muggles, are called Muggles, and Wizards are called Wizards. Both are human. One just has magic and the other doesn't. If Wizards weren't Human, Muggles would be called Humans.

2) The whole school fighting so it wasn't just 5th years and up, and even then 5th years is good enough to do damage with the dangerous spells in the HP universe.

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#146  Edited By joshuagamer

no instant kills- fine. That just means the students of Hogwarts just need to use sectusempra until the camp half blood students bleed to death

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@joshuagamer: Yeah, but they can't just sectumsempra the whole camp. People like Percy will use their mass destructive abilities and wipe out the whole hogwarts army alone. Percy could just drown the entire hogwarts army. Nico could summon waves of endless undead, and no spell would harm the dead. Hepheastus kids could build some crazy killer robots, not to mention the war ship Leo made. Plus camp half blood has greek fire. They could just burn the entire hogwarts castle.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@joshuagamer: They can't just use the sectumsempra on the whole camp. Plus most of the kids dont even know how to use the spell. Only Harry and a handful of others know how to use it. Percy could drown the entire hogwarts army. Nico could summon waves of endless undead. No spell would hurt the dead. This is slaughter for hogwarts. They die.

sharingan_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By sharingan_eyes
@Epicbeast3000 said:

@joshuagamer: They can't just use the sectumsempra on the whole camp. Plus most of the kids dont even know how to use the spell. Only Harry and a handful of others know how to use it. Percy could drown the entire hogwarts army. Nico could summon waves of endless undead. No spell would hurt the dead. This is slaughter for hogwarts. They die.

The OP says both get one month prep, the students can be taught plenty in that time, including powerful curses. In the Harry Potter Universe, the dead (Inferi) reanimated corpses, can be defeated by fire, which isn't that hard to conjure for a wizard, I don't see why they can't do the same for Nico's undead. Heck, even Crabbe used a  Fiendfyre curse in Deathly Hallows.
joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#150  Edited By joshuagamer

@Epicbeast3000: sharingan eyes actually covered what i was about to say- fiendfyre could be used to turn any percy attack into steam. Big robots don't help when they're 100 feet in the air (wyngardium leviosa). Fiendfyre can actually raze the undead army. A crucius hex can also incapacitate the big players on the half blood side. Once percy has been incapacitated, the hogwarts side can begin to use water spells like auguamenti to take out lots of half blooders.An alternate means of incapacitation is the obliviate charm to erase their memories. The Hogwarts side, as you can see, is simply too versatile for camp half blood.