Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23668 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Snyder Confirms batman and superman will fight in mos2

• 155 results
    TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tazzmission:

Exactly tazz.

I one for liked MOS. I thought it balanced character and action scenes well. Some of the criticisms of the film baffle me.

I just hope they make a logical reason for why Superman and Batman fight, because I'm starting to feel that Batman Vs. Superman (awful title) is going to be a mess.

i just hope they dont mess it up simply because now flash wonderwoman and other jla members may be in. i just made a thread on it. sadly im starting to lose hope because its going to be over crowded

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame.

And lame that he tried to justify all the destruction in Metropolis by bringing up the Avengers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dctv3363 said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@theocitylegend said:

@rustyroy: Well after witnessing what happened in Metropolis Batman could start hunting down and questioning people who had exposure to the alien, like Lois. Maybe she mentions something about the weakness in the story that she would inevitably write about her experience, leading Batman to investigate how he could replicate the atmospheric conditions.

As for the suits and blasters I think seeing Batman break into a military base to steal some Kryptonian tech would make a really cool scene.

If you add bat-ears to that robocop armor that would be one bada$$ looking batsuit.

Then what would be the point of Lex Luthor. Lex should be the one to find his weakness. He hates Superman more than Batman fears what he can do.

They could work together. Business venture.

The only scenario in which I see Batman winning the fight is if sh!+ hits the fan and to put it frankly "Looks like a job for Superman", in which Superman is released and proves that he's goo. Other than that there is no reason for Batman to win. Im speaking story wise, which is what some people Kevin Smith and Batfans, fail to see.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@tazzmission:

If I do show up (Wonder Woman, Flash, etc..), I have no doubt there screentime will be limited to five minutes, and they'll be wasted.

And my frustration with WB just keeps growing.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@theocitylegend said:

@rustyroy: Well after witnessing what happened in Metropolis Batman could start hunting down and questioning people who had exposure to the alien, like Lois. Maybe she mentions something about the weakness in the story that she would inevitably write about her experience, leading Batman to investigate how he could replicate the atmospheric conditions.

As for the suits and blasters I think seeing Batman break into a military base to steal some Kryptonian tech would make a really cool scene.

If you add bat-ears to that robocop armor that would be one bada$$ looking batsuit.

Then what would be the point of Lex Luthor. Lex should be the one to find his weakness. He hates Superman more than Batman fears what he can do.

They could work together. Business venture.

The only scenario in which I see Batman winning the fight is if sh!+ hits the fan and to put it frankly "Looks like a job for Superman", in which Superman is released and proves that he's goo. Other than that there is no reason for Batman to win. Im speaking story wise, which is what some people Kevin Smith and Batfans, fail to see.

You're saying Batman loses to Lex right? You phrased it kind of strangely, so I'm not completely sure.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By TazzMission

@misterwizz said:

@tazzmission:

If I do show up (Wonder Woman, Flash, etc..), I have no doubt there screentime will be limited to five minutes, and they'll be wasted.

And my frustration with WB just keeps growing.

instead of trying to rush them out even for cameos why not just do some team up films like a green arrow green lantern film? or a flash aquaman film? now if wonder woman is in batman vs superman im ok with that but i just dont like the thought even for a rumor of multiple heroes in it so soon.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission:

That would be an alright idea, but WB (like most major Hollywood studios) seems to believe in "let's see what we can throw at the screen and see if it sticks" belief.

That being said I would love a Green Lantern / Green Arrow movie. You could definitely make a superhero drama out of that.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: No, I meant that if Superman and Batman fought, and if Batman wins, I dont think its going to be a casual beatdown and then Batman leaves him alone, They will take Superman in for testing after he's beaten. In which after that something happens (meteor, missals, invader) that requires Superman's power to save the day, proving that he's (Clark) a good guy.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TazzMission

@tazzmission:

That would be an alright idea, but WB (like most major Hollywood studios) seems to believe in "let's see what we can throw at the screen and see if it sticks" belief.

That being said I would love a Green Lantern / Green Arrow movie. You could definitely make a superhero drama out of that.

i wrote this after seeing green lantern at midnight in 2011

thats how pissed i was

the film can open up with the weaponers go to kourgar to set up a base to start making weapons, the people of kourgar fear them as a threat and take action wich leads to violence.

: meanwile on oa on the citadel:

sinestro requests that the guardians send corps members to help aid him in defending his homeworld of kourgar from the weaponers...

the guardians refuse to send the aid and sinestro demands that the guardians step down and pass there power over to him and states that he can install great fear into the enemey and puts on the yellow ring,

witnessing the act of having the yellow ring at this moment the guardians declare sinestro a traitor to the corps and honor guard lanterns are dispatched to take sinestro into custody.

sinestro kills the honor guards in front of the guardians and relinquishes his green lantern ring by his own will and leaves oa.

the guardians summon hal jordan and request his presence and they inform him of sinestros turn to the emotion of fear and yellow energy, they also explain to hal that after krona was banished and hidden away with parallax the punishment was due to krona creating the anti-matter universe.

hal jordan go's on a hunt for sinestro

sinestro returns to his homeworld of kourgar yellow ring and costume and starts to become a dictator and declares himself savior of kourgar and starts killing weaponers left and right.

while hal jordan searches for sinestro he gets a trasmission from kilowog telling him sinestro is on kourgar and meet you there poozer..

hal heads to sinestros home sector arrives onto the planet and see's total devestation and bodies everywhere.

hal see's sinestro floating over a pile of dead weaponers with a sadistic smirk and hears him tell the people of kourgar to bow to him and worship him as a god.

hal confronts sinestro trying to explain that the yellow ring has corrupted him....

sinestro throws the first punch and says human you have no idea who your talking to.

hal responds with a fist construct hitting sinestro wile both floating in the air.

sinestro recovers and the first start to an epic encounter happens

both men fight it out with sinestro getting the upper hand and just when hal is almost out and sinestro is about to kill him, kilowog comes in and knocks sinestro off balance.

sinestro shrugs it off and fires a blast of energey at kilowog and knocks him out cold.

hal recovers and shows sinestro why hes the man without fear by taking it up a few notches.

he creates one giant construct of a f-22 raptor plane and hits sinestro with it.

sinestro knocked out falls to the ground and hal go's to check on kilowog.

back on oa the guardians place sinestro into the central power battery and credit hal jordan for his bravery

before the film ends theres two suprise scenes

scene 1. sinestro is shown inside the battery and is revealed to be a construct from his ring

scene 2. sayd and ganthet are alone in a private chamber discussing how they have to HOPE sinestros turn hasnt misplaced the trust of 3600 sectors with the guardians and they forge a blue ring

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Misterwizz

@tazzmission:

I remember when you posted on that another board before you got banned from it.

It wasn't bad. It sounded better than the trite we actually got, it could have been a decent sequel / reboot (whatever approach they take). Sinestro being the bad guy is always a plus in my book. Also it would be set primarily in space unlike the first (one of my biggest gripes with the GL film was its inconsistent tone).

The film could also feature some great character moments between Hal and Sinestro.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: No, I meant that if Superman and Batman fought, and if Batman wins, I dont think its going to be a casual beatdown and then Batman leaves him alone, They will take Superman in for testing after he's beaten. In which after that something happens (meteor, missals, invader) that requires Superman's power to save the day, proving that he's (Clark) a good guy.

Oh OK. Yeah I could see that happening. Otherwise we might just get the typical obligatorytie to avoid fan clashes.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too much marvel vs. dc clouding everyones judgement. the normals who just got into comic stuff a few years ago don't get you guys.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission:

I remember when you posted on that another board before you got banned from it.

It wasn't bad. It sounded better than the trite we actually got, it could have been a decent sequel / reboot (whatever approach they take). Sinestro being the bad guy is always a plus in my book. Also it would be set primarily in space unlike the first (one of my biggest gripes with the GL film was its inconsistent tone).

The film could also feature some great character moments between Hal and Sinestro.

yea and i would love to see a obiwan/luke type mentorship from a new hope between thaal and hal

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@saint_rog_el said:

Oh OK. Yeah I could see that happening. Otherwise we might just get the typical obligatorytie to avoid fan clashes.

Well F%&K that noise! I want Superman to win. Plus there wouldnt even be a humiliation factor to it, it could be like it was done in Smallville season 11. Superman would win and just ask that he be left alone. The scenario I presented, although making Batman look like a D-bag, is far to humiliating for him to lose to Batman so soon in the franchise. Besides Lex would never wanna team up with Bruce to take down Clark, and Bruce would not trust Lex. The only team up between those two is the charity they will throw to rebuild metropolis.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Marionettegeist

@saint_rog_el said:

@dctv3363 said:

@saint_rog_el said:

Well F%&K that noise! I want Superman to win. Plus there wouldnt even be a humiliation factor to it, it could be like it was done in Smallville season 11. Superman would win and just ask that he be left alone. The scenario I presented, although making Batman look like a D-bag, is far to humiliating for him to lose to Batman so soon in the franchise. Besides Lex would never wanna team up with Bruce to take down Clark, and Bruce would not trust Lex. The only team up between those two is the charity they will throw to rebuild metropolis.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Bruce might try to use Lex, if Lex has access to something he doesn't (like Kryptonian tech). I'm a Batman fan, and my only request for the result of the fight is that while I know Batman will (and honestly should) lose in the end, I just want him to actually show that he's smart enough to be a threat even to someone so far out of his league. Basically I want him to get a few hits in (in a logical, story-based way) before he loses.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SaintWildcard

@dctv3363: Im not a Batman fan as an alone character but I like his role in the JL, which is the strategist, detective and money. In every almost every incarnation when Batman and Superman fight for the first time, Superman beats him. Now Im not saying make Batman a dumb bumbling idiot, but his role is to find out Clark is Superman, find out who's is causing the trouble and to team up with Clark to take down the threat (maybe even save Clark's life at the end). After that its him who form the JL by tracking down the members and Superman recruits them. Maybe at the end if Kryptonite is found, either Clark gives it to him as a sign of trust or Batman is keeping it a secret from him. So unless WB puts their foot down we can only go by these men's words

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

As for the Lex/Bruce team up. Those two would never trust each other and Lex isnt going to be fooled by Batman so easily.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363: Im not a Batman fan as an alone character but I like his role in the JL, which is the strategist, detective and money. In every almost every incarnation when Batman and Superman fight for the first time, Superman beats him. Now Im not saying make Batman a dumb bumbling idiot, but his role is to find out Clark is Superman, find out who's is causing the trouble and to team up with Clark to take down the threat (maybe even save Clark's life at the end). After that its him who form the JL by tracking down the members and Superman recruits them. Maybe at the end if Kryptonite is found, either Clark gives it to him as a sign of trust or Batman is keeping it a secret from him.

Yeah I'd be fine with that. As long as neither Batman nor Superman are consistently humiliated throughout the film, I think I'll be OK with just about anything.

So unless WB puts their foot down we can only go by these men's words

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

As for the Lex/Bruce team up. Those two would never trust each other and Lex isnt going to be fooled by Batman so easily.

I know Lex wouldn't be fooled. That could be part of the plot, Lex sees through Batman's plans and plays along.

Misterwizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Misterwizz

@tazzmission:

I'm fine with that. Sinestro did betray the corps after all, and he was Hal's mentor.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something i really love is how bad people ideas sound, it sounds like they want DC to do exactly what Marvel does.

DC is not Marvel, you should get over it.

Nothing could go wrong if DC goes Marvel and do everything by the Marvel Cinematic Play Book.
    Nothing could go wrong if DC goes Marvel and do everything by the Marvel Cinematic Play Book.
    No Caption Provided
    Watch this one, every single one of the plays of the Marvel Cinematic Play Book.
    Watch this one, every single one of the plays of the Marvel Cinematic Play Book.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't think this is new news.When the movie was announced it was pretty obvious that there will be a clash between them some time in the movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend said:

Lex in't confirmed yet.

I think Superman will win the fight but Batman will save the day or maybe it will be the other way around but I doubt it.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@rustyroy said:

@extremis said:

@tazzmission: ...I'm not talking about Superman. I'm talking about a director adding emotional relevance/weight to a scene instead of hitting the viewer over the head with CG animation and destruction.

There's an art to filmmaking that Snyder lacks.

Avengers didn't exactly excelled in that area too.

exactly. thats the irony amongst fanboys. they knock on one director for a thing and basicly claim the other guy who did pretty much the same is so amazing.

if joss weadon did mos the exact same way as snyder i guarantee you we wouldnt be having this discussion.

The Avengers had wit and displayed the heroes as heroes in the final fight. Whedon didn't lose focus and the script clearly states to get people off the buildings and off the streets to avoid casualties. Plus we have scenes of Avengers helping out people from the bus, assisting the police force and preventing the Chitauri from killing off hostages.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers had wit and displayed the heroes as heroes in the final fight. Whedon didn't lose focus and the script clearly states to get people off the buildings and off the streets to avoid casualties. Plus we have scenes of Avengers helping out people from the bus, assisting the police force and preventing the Chitauri from killing off hostages.

Not much of a wit and obviously they'll act as heroes cause they are heroes, Avengers killed many Chitauri's too, and those big flying whales but no one said anything and doesn't matter if it was in the script, they didn't show those things, people were still in the buildings when they were being destroyed, it was shown. And Superman also helped out people.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@saint_rog_el said:

@theocitylegend said:

Lex in't confirmed yet.

I think Superman will win the fight but Batman will save the day or maybe it will be the other way around but I doubt it.

I think the chances of Lex being in it are 3/4. MoS set him being in it so perfectly. Thats why the Superman vs Batman news was so shocking (well that was part of it for me). But you're right, its not "confirmed" yet. Ive already stated the only way a scenario where Batman wins would work.

if Superman and Batman fought, and if Batman wins, I dont think its going to be a casual beatdown and then Batman leaves him alone, They will take Superman in for testing after he's beaten. In which after that something happens (meteor, missals, invader) that requires Superman's power to save the day, proving that he's (Clark) a good guy. Sure in the end it makes Batman look like a D bag but there is way to much humiliation involved for SUperman so early in the franchise.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Its callled fandumb, is when fans play stupid in something so they pretend they dont notice things and justify their point of view.

Loki in The Avengers being the main example of this, many people often ignores the negative aspects of Avengesr to make it this perfect movie, this movie that never was, Loki uses the exacts same plan that The Joker used in TDK, not only tht it stole his interrogation scene, Loki plan was to get capture, then attack the good guys in their base and then try to breack the most pure of them to use it against them, he stole The Joker plan too, the invasion didnt make any sense, they never control the air, they never destroy the defense system, they just go and destroy thing at random at the best Micheal Bay Transformers fashion, i mean watch this scenes has all the elements of Micheal Bay Transformer Fight Scenes, but since it wasnt Bay it was prefect, this also apply to Abramas who learn everything he knows from action scenes from Micheal Bay, who he worked for.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the chances of Lex being in it are 3/4. MoS set him being in it so perfectly. Thats why the Superman vs Batman news was so shocking (well that was part of it for me). But you're right, its not "confirmed" yet. Ive already stated the only way a scenario where Batman wins would work.

if Superman and Batman fought, and if Batman wins, I dont think its going to be a casual beatdown and then Batman leaves him alone, They will take Superman in for testing after he's beaten. In which after that something happens (meteor, missals, invader) that requires Superman's power to save the day, proving that he's (Clark) a good guy. Sure in the end it makes Batman look like a D bag but there is way to much humiliation involved for SUperman so early in the franchise.

I think there are many better scenarios how this could happen, if anything both will get equal share of importance, I doubt any of them will be humiliated.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@saint_rog_el said:

I think there are many better scenarios how this could happen, if anything both will get equal share of importance, I doubt any of them will be humiliated.

What do you think would be a better scenario where Batman wins? Cus that's the only one I can think of. I just feel like when people say equal importance, they want Batman to land punches and actually hurt Superman. I dont think that should be the case. Anyone who reads comics know that Batman has never won when they first met. Batman only can pull a win after years of prep and after having kryptonite. I just dont want to see a plot that gives Batman the edge and we see Batman knock him around a bit. I feel it's more insulting to see Superman get knocked around than it is to see Batman get beat for 3 reasons

1-Kal isnt going to make a big deal about it, he'll just want to be left alone

2-It shouldnt be hard to believe that a demi god can beat a human.

3-Its happened in almost every first meet

I feel like Batman's role in the JL is to be one of the founders, be the detective, and the strategist. But some people think his role is to beat Superman, which is infuriating

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not speaking from a fanboy point of view, but calling back to an earlier comment about Avengers damage cost compared to MoS (I'd quote it, but today's an off day for me and my Internet's slow as it is), wouldn't you have to consider the fact that there were four superheroes and agents from a powerful government agency fighting in New York? If it were only Thor fighting the aliens, or Iron Man, or Cap, or the Hulk, or just S.H.I.E.L.D., what could the damage have been?

Don't get me wrong, though. It had glaring problems, and I'd like for another creative team to take the wheel... but I didn't hate Man of Steel.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you think would be a better scenario where Batman wins? Cus that's the only one I can think of. I just feel like when people say equal importance, they want Batman to land punches and actually hurt Superman. I dont think that should be the case. Anyone who reads comics know that Batman has never won when they first met. Batman only can pull a win after years of prep and after having kryptonite. I just dont want to see a plot that gives Batman the edge and we see Batman knock him around a bit. I feel it's more insulting to see Superman get knocked around than it is to see Batman get beat for 3 reasons

1-Kal isnt going to make a big deal about it, he'll just want to be left alone

2-It shouldnt be hard to believe that a demi god can beat a human.

3-Its happened in almost every first meet

I feel like Batman's role in the JL is to be one of the founders, be the detective, and the strategist. But some people think his role is to beat Superman, which is infuriating

First flaw in you theory is that why would Batman hand Superman over to Government, that doesn't make any sense, he obviously knows that Superman saved the Earth, the only reason they'd fight each other is only if anyone of them prevent the other from doing something. And when people say of equal importance they mean if they fight there should not be any definite winner. And this is not comics, Movies have its own continuity, and so far it seems TDKR will have some influence on the story, and we don't know anything about this Batman, if its plausible for Movie Luthor to be a threat to Superman in their first meeting then I don't see why it won't be possible for Batman to be the same.

1. Batman is the one who wants to be left alone most of the time so I don't think Batman will make a big deal, anyways there needs to be a big deal or else movie will be bland.
    2. Its more exciting when a Man beats a God.
    3. There's always a first time for everything.

The thing is the script is already done, and they even started shooting, I'm sure 90% things we're assuming will be proven wrong and the movie will surprise us.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even in the comics, Batman fighting Superman has always challenged the reader's suspension of disbelief. How are they going to do it in a film setting, which assumingly is trying to seperate itself from comic continuity and be as realistic and believable as possible?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Becuase Lex Luthor has all the money in the world and free time to only face Superman, Batman dont have the time, besides the fact Luthor intelligence is superior and he is not forcing himself into facing Superman under the same set of rules.

Besides the fact Luthor would use other people against Superman, Luthor face Superman under his rules and Batman face Superman under his rules, is not the same set of rules.

Also Luthor is a villain and Batman is a hero, is not the same.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Becuase Lex Luthor has all the money in the world and free time to only face Superman, Batman dont have the time, besides the fact Luthor intelligence is superior and he is not forcing himself into facing Superman under the same set of rules.

Besides the fact Luthor would use other people against Superman, Luthor face Superman under his rules and Batman face Superman under his rules, is not the same set of rules.

Also Luthor is a villain and Batman is a hero, is not the same.

Movie Lex was nowhere near intelligent as the Comic Book Batman or Lex, yet he still was a threat to Movie Superman who was very powerful, Batman is not dumb, nor he is poor, if Luthor can be a threat to Superman then so could Batman. And what does this have to do with being a Hero or Villain? Nothing. I'm not saying that Batman should win, I'm hoping for a tie, but the thing whenever Batman vs. Superman people always bring up the fact that one is a God and the other is a Man, that a Man can't be a threat to a God, but they forget these things whenever they talk about Luthor and Superman.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By TazzMission

im really interested to see how batman will become supermans rival in this movie. is lex involved ? will bruce do a merger with lexcorp? i have to say im really curious.... curious indeed what the plot device will be

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: The same apply to Superman, also to all movie versions, movie versions are not as powerfull as comic book version.

Batman and Luthor face Superman under their point of view and ideas, Batman wants to best Superman as a human, Luthor dont care, he just wants to beat Superman, Batman wants to show Superman a human beat him, Luthor just wants to beat him.

Luthor dont need to beat him directly, Batman does.

Besides the fact, Batman and Superman are friends, is obvious Clark would never go full power against his friends.

Besides the fact Snyder is playing dumb and taking away everything that make Batman "Batman", in TDKR Batman was old, that dont change so it was Superman, they had year to know each other and faced wars together, epic battles, Batman had all the information in the world about Superman and still need a tank, Green Arrow, bunch of weapons, the damn thing that made Clark mortal and long etc..., many people is saying Batman is getting less relatable, is based on the idea Batman has to be BatGod, the truth is in essence Batman is the man that push himself beyond any limit, making face Superman the guy without limits is great, as long as its made like in Returns, where Batman has to go all in and face every limit he has.

Batman cant beat Superman, but that dont change, that Batman can face Superman, Batman cant face Superman without all the information he has in the comics, without knowing how to attack Clark and without all the information, he cant face Superman without studying him, besides that the most interesting about they figthing is not even the fight, is their on going relationship.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Superman's movie versions are very powerful, maybe even more than the comic book versions.

We don't know what Batman wants, so far we know close to nothing about the movie, except that they have physical contact, if anything Batman will be the one who'll lose.

Batman and Superman aren't friends here.

One of the biggest complains about Nolan's Batman was that he was too weak.

Who knows maybe he's watching Superman very closely. He's a detective, its his work to find others weaknesses.

Anyways as I said before its unlikely that Superman will lose, it will either be a tie or Batman will lose.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Superman's movie versions are very powerful, maybe even more than the comic book versions.

We don't know what Batman wants, so far we know close to nothing about the movie, except that they have physical contact, if anything Batman will be the one who'll lose.

Who knows maybe he's watching Superman very closely. He's a detective, its his work to find others weaknesses.

Anyways as I said before its unlikely that Superman will lose, it will either be a tie or Batman will lose.

reports suggest luthor has a role in some shape but i just hope it isnt anything stupid like him mind controlling batman with a gadget or something you know what i mean?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By RustyRoy
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Hehe... "fight". I'm just picturing Ben Affleck's Batman soiling himself after tossing out everything in his arsenal against a reluctant Clark.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By TazzMission

@rustyroy said:

@tazzmission: lol Why would he mind control Luthor?

you misread. i said luthor mind controlling batman. as much as i loved man of steel i have to admit there are things that could in fact be a bit non comic book lore involved with batman vs superman. i mean hey as much as i didnt mind it and thought it was smart but how many people really believed they would ever see superman snap anyones neck?

i think anything is possible with snyder and it can be very bad or it can be very good. in zod dying i thought that was very well done

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By RustyRoy

you misread. i said luthor mind controlling batman. as much as i loved man of steel i have to admit there are things that could in fact be a bit non comic book lore involved with batman vs superman. i mean hey as much as i didnt mind it and thought it was smart but how many people really believed they would ever see superman snap anyones neck?

i think anything is possible with snyder and it can be very bad or it can be very good. in zod dying i thought that was very well done

I know :D I just edited it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

1. Please, just about... no, no ,no, you must have never read a comic of Superman, this Superman is way weaker and has way less powers.

2.That means lack of emotional connection and for the same the fight is more flat, a fight this big should be build, Miller build the fight they had in the comic, here there is no build for the fight.

3.And what Nolan has to do with this? besides the point this is people playing dumb, since this Batman take down a Swat team, The Joker guys and save everybody, is called fandumb(Complaints that have no real arguments just for the sake of complaint), they complaint of him being dumb, even when they fail to notice he fixed the Bat, he made a plan to take the bomb out and live(If you pay attention to the movie it explains how Batman survives), he take Lucius Bat and made it bigger and was the leader of the whole free clean energy for Gotham, people complaint because that Batman wasnt killing Darkseid with a God Killing Bullet and doing all those retard things he has done in the comics, besides that dont change Batman is the man that has to push over his limits in every medium, this people complaint of Batman not being God A Like being, they will complaint of any Batman that dont kill Superman in 5 seconds.

4.So he knows everything about Clark, without ever met him, without ever seen him and without any type of relationship, that is not detective skills, since has nothing to work with, is him having powers, you know the whole, with preparation Batman always wins dumb and annoying argument.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RustyRoy

1. 1. Please, just about... no, no ,no, you must have never read a comic of Superman, this Superman is way weaker and has way less powers.

2.That means lack of emotional connection and for the same the fight is more flat, a fight this big should be build, Miller build the fight they had in the comic, here there is no build for the fight.

3.And what Nolan has to do with this? besides the point this is people playing dumb, since this Batman take down a Swat team, The Joker guys and save everybody, is called fandumb(Complaints that have no real arguments just for the sake of complaint), they complaint of him being dumb, even when they fail to notice he fixed the Bat, he made a plan to take the bomb out and live(If you pay attention to the movie it explains how Batman survives), he take Lucius Bat and made it bigger and was the leader of the whole free clean energy for Gotham, people complaint because that Batman wasnt killing Darkseid with a God Killing Bullet and doing all those retard things he has done in the comics, besides that dont change Batman is the man that has to push over his limits in every medium, this people complaint of Batman not being God A Like being, they will complaint of any Batman that dont kill Superman in 5 seconds.

4.So he knows everything about Clark, without ever met him, without ever seen him and without any type of relationship, that is not detective skills, since has nothing to work with, is him having powers, you know the whole, with preparation Batman always wins dumb and annoying argument.

1. Oh I've read plenty of Superman comics, maybe you didn't. I was talking about all Movie incarnations of Superman, Donner's Superman changed time, movied Moon without a sweat and Returns Superman lifted a country made out of Kryptonite and was invulnerable against everything except Kryptonite.
    2. There will be lack of emotional connection, if you didn't catch this will be the first meeting of Superman and Batman.
    3. Nolan's Batman has to do with the point you made about Batgod, he was taken down by some dogs for Gods sake, I'm not saying it was bad, I loved a not-so-powerful Batman but that one is done and we need a Batman who can go against at least low level Metas.
    4. What? Detectives don't need to meet people personally to know about them or their weaknesses, he might already have invented the Brother Eye, and I never said batman will win with prep, I said if Luthor can be a threat to Superman then so could be Batman. I also said that Batman will lose or it will be tie.
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By RustyRoy

Bat Iron suit sounds like it will be in the movie as well if this is going to happen.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#145  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

Of course we have to have the obligatory fanboy square down between these two that will probably leave the fight unresolved so asnot to p*** off either group of fans on the outcome.

He says after the guy has directed what is debatably the most polarizing comic book movie of the modern era... :P

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm down for a Supes vs Bats fight as long as it isn't the main focus of the film and it is done correctly.

Avatar image for cherryultrasuedetups
    cherryultrasuedetups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk, I liked Man of Steel, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead, and Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. So Snyder isn't universally hated, nor is he mediocre talent. Speaking of mediocre talent, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and especially Henry Cavill impeccably acted their roles in Man of Steel.

People enjoy Joss Whedon because he fools you every time. Though the stakes are high, the tone is goofy and quippy. His characters enjoy the contradictory privilege of being underdogs and at the same time being able to laugh in the face of their foes, especially in Buffy and Firefly (or if you think that in the case of the Avengers that they were not underdogs, then Whedon didn't succeed in making an interesting threat and the heroism is cheapened, or was their greatest foe a fraudulently blood smeared trading card?). When someone dies it's "Oh my god I thought this was lighthearted action, not a tragedy! My heart and everyone on screen's is utterly shattered by that tonal swerve!" I liked Avengers, but the tone did not match the stakes.

Joss Whedon takes his cues from his background in making comedy films. Snyder takes his from his background in making horror movies. Snyder matches the tone to the world he creates. The planet engine was terrifying, as a world destroying machine should be. Zod was terrifying. Metropolis was destroyed. It wasn't a funny movie.

If you want to see a movie where the bright rainbow of colors catches your eye, everybody tells a joke per closeup, smashing someone's body into concrete like a rag doll and blowing up their hand is for laffs and the music tells you when to feel instead of how to feel, then there's the Marvel slate of movies and any other Green Lantern type. If you want to see a movie where there is a color palette that matches the tone of action and dialogue, violence and destruction is brutal and "hits you over the head" (like you could viscerally feel it?) and characters stay dead, then there are the recent Batman flicks and Man of Steel.

Snyder and Nolan have original takes on superheroes and actually remedy some of the things that make big 2 comics problematic. The Marvel cinematic universe just runs with comic book problems. In Marvel movies there is more corporate interference for the sake of brand awareness. Deaths are reversed (Coulson's back! Bucky's back!) At least people actually die in Nolan and Snyder films. Nolan Snyder and Goyer actually executed a vision. No surprise it's not always successful. Auteur projects are rarely appreciated in the face of mass appeal.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#148  Edited By Lvenger

@k4tzm4n said:

@lvenger said:

Of course we have to have the obligatory fanboy square down between these two that will probably leave the fight unresolved so asnot to p*** off either group of fans on the outcome.

He says after the guy has directed what is debatably the most polarizing comic book movie of the modern era... :P

Hmm either way would irk the fans I guess :P

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was stated that kryptonite wasn't going to be apart of this movie universe? If there isn't any for Bats to use he shouldn't even come close to winning in the movie. It will be really disappointing if an older Batman will beat a young Superman. Seriously DC don't fu*# this up by having Bats win because of his popularity.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really a movie called batman vs superman will have the two characters fight. Who would know.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.