Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Off My Mind: Can the X-Men Recover from the Break Up in Regenesis?

• 112 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Different X-teams is nothing new. We've seen several X-Men squads operate at the same time on different missions. The idea of other X-teams like X-Force, X-Factor and New Mutants meant each had their own agendas. Since Decimation and M-Day, the number of mutants has dwindled down to a dangerous all time low. The very existence of mutants was put at risk. The arrival of Hope, the mutant messiah, has given some reassurance that the survival of mutants is indeed a possibility. They're not out of the woods just yet.

When Utopia was formed, it became a haven for mutants. Not just the X-Men and their friends were welcome here but all mutants. With the different threats against their survival, the mutants banded together to become a stronger force. Second Coming, First to Last, etc. showed us that they were all X-Men. The lines between the separate teams didn't matter. With Cyclops as the leader, separate squads of mutants were dispatched to deal with different situations. Having so many mutants on hand allowed for the appropriate group of mutants to be sent out, based on their strengths and powers that would be best suited for the mission.

No Caption Provided

With Schism, this ideal situation will no longer be a possibility. A clear cut divide will be formed among all the mutants. The recent revelations of the different team members shows the possibility of each team working together as being unlikely. With a low number of mutants and deadly threats continuing to pop up all around them, can the X-Men afford to have separate alliances?

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

The best example of a major division between ideals goes back to Professor X and Magneto. In the beginning they were practically on the same page. Soon it became clear that their methods of choice would put them at odds. The results were numerous battles and destruction. Professor X formed the X-Men and Magneto gathered the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. In these early days of threats against mutants, if they had been able to overcome their conflicting views, today's state of mutant affairs could be a completely different situation. Mutants could have even been accepted by the general public rather than feared by many.

The results of Schism have put Cyclops and Wolverine at odds. Mutants will be forced to choose sides. Why is it that they really have to decide? It's also unclear what exactly is driving this division. In Schism #3, Cyclops allowed Idie to do whatever she needed to do to stop the bad guys...including killing. Wolverine, who has been known to kill now and then, was completely opposed to this. While he is a killer, he does understand what it does to a person. Once you go down that road, it's not one you can come back from. Wolverine pleaded with Cyclops to order her out of there. Now, Idie can be considered a murderer.

No Caption Provided

Is this the spark that separates the mutants? The division between the Gold and Blue doesn't quite fit in. If Wolverine's beef is against killing, its odd to see X-Force, Toad, Kid Omega and Beast (or is it Dark Beast?) on his side. Why is Jubilee choosing Cyclops' side over Wolverine's? Warpath and Magik have also been known to do whatever it takes...which then could make sense to follow Cyclops' "do what you feel you have to" belief.

No Caption Provided

Despite having a Blue and Gold divide, the individual teams also have an isolated feel. X-Factor may have Havok back on their team but that does that mean their days as X-Factor Investigations are over? We have some surprises on each team and the decision for some to side with Wolverine or Cyclops doesn't seem to make sense.

Of course we have Psylocke appearing on both teams. Is she spying for one over the other? Is it really possible for her to be on both sides without the other not knowing? If she was spying on the Blue team, that would make sense since no one is supposed to know about X-Force's existence.

But why would there be a need for spying? That is the problem with dividing the X-Men. In these times, they need to band together. They can't afford to take separate fronts. If any of the recent events have shown them, it's that they need to have a wide variety of members available. An individual set roster isn't always enough. It might not contain the ideal individuals that could turn the tide in the middle of a battle. More lives, mutants and civilians, could be lost as a result of this. Splitting up isn't going to solve whatever the problem is. Both sides need to talk things through. Simply turning your back is immature. If the X-Men can't get over their differences, they're leaving themselves vulnerable to future attacks. It's time for Cyclops and Wolverine to grow up and settle their differences.

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Isn't it ironic that Cyclops is turning into Magneto even though he was taught by Prof X? Gotta love the irony is all of this.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By The_Myth

Sooner or later regardless of what happens in Schism or Regenesis the entire X-Men will reform. I mean it has happened before when Cyclops lost leadership to Storm and he former X-Factor, eventually they remerged with the X-Men, even the original Gold team/Blue team didn't last forever.

Nachobomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nachobomber

I'm sure they'll be another big event in a few months and they'll all make up. That's what I'm hoping for anyway, X-mens my favourite title but 8 books is just too much to keep up with.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlackHood

My only problem with the entire thing is that the split is between Cyclops and Wolverine.  I understand this is done because Cyclops is in a leadership position and Wolverine is insanely popular but it still doesn't sit right with me.  I find it ironic that someone with as much blood on his hands as Wolverine is somehow the one Marvel is hitching as taking the high road.  Again, I know this is done simply because of his popularity but it never made sense to me that popularity so often dictates continuity.  This is the same problem I have with characters like Luke Cage having a problem with the Punisher but working with Wolverine when the midget has a much higher body count and has killed more innocents when he's mindcontrolled/feral/ or just angry.  When you have Wolverine telling his X-force teammates to just "get over" Fantomax shooting kid Apocalypse in the head, I don't see him as the moral compass for the X-men.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By GBrutality

If i had to guess, and i noticed SO FAR from the onion-esque solicits we've been given that Idie doesn't seem to be in it at all and she may be killed over a judgment call made by Cyclops which may push Wolverine into the realm of not gelling anymore with the regime. In the past few years, we've seen Cyclops start accepting the idea that some threats need to be exterminated no matter the cost. Where that may be acceptable, what it comes down to is that the guy has really let the leadership role go to his head. Almost to the extremes of both Magneto and Xavier. Wolverine may start feeling that being ordered to kill isn't too far from the life he escaped as Weapon X and being used to do  the same exact thing on some level. Magik may just be following his lead because she is emotionless for the most part and likes his new take on leadership. Also, and i don't know if somewhere they said this proving this point wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's regular old Beast. Dark Beast has the old Beast look still to this day, you can see it in X-Force.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad

For pity's sake! This ain't Prof vs Mags part 2! It's Mags vs Another Mags!

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osiris1428

What is the division over?? We know Xavier wants peace with humans and mutants, Magneto wanted dominance. What's the deal?? 

How can there be a secret team with a telepath on both sides??

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't see how a team of fictional characters will be in danger by thinning their ranks, the author would have to make that happen. I would think that it would be a waste of time to do that in a story unless it was mostly a minor bit of detail, of course it could serve as a reason for them all to get back together but that would completely disregaurd any form of meaning they may have put into the story and make all of it a waste of everyone's time...so they'll probably do this...

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By JonesDeini
    @The Myth said:
    Sooner or later regardless of what happens in Schism or Regenesis the entire X-Men will reform. I mean it has happened before when Cyclops lost leadership to Storm and he former X-Factor, eventually they remerged with the X-Men, even the original Gold team/Blue team didn't last forever.
    Yeah, nothing at the big two truly changes so when you really look at it the changes have no meaning what so ever. If you like them, enjoy them while they last or wait a bit, because the next writer/editor will surely cast them aside whenever they see fit to do so. For example, I love what Hickman's done with the FF, but I know that when he leaves that book it's inevitable that Johnny Storm will return.  
    jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jerfro23

They been through so much crap for years and mage to recover from mutant massacre to m-day and 2nd comming so they reform eventuly
    jotadex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By jotadex

which side will xavier choose??? 
    any idea?

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jubilee042

don't tell me schism is over little girl who thinks she is a monster and as a monsters she should kill people because thats what monsters do(having said that i kinda like it)

Tchokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Tchokes

To be brutally honest with you guys, I believed that X-Men lived in a dangerous world filled with dangerous oponents.  That is, before I started reading schism.

But apparently they have been facing kids, so it's pretty much obvious that all the other threats are gone anyway. I mean, that's a pretty desperate move from evil, to send devil's kids after them in a retard script.

It is not dangerous.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jcbart
    @TheBlackHood: Agreed entirely. I find it ridiculous for Wolverine to be this mad over Cyclops letting Idie kill Hellfire terrorists when a few months back he was telling Psylocke and Deadpool to get over a small boy's murder. Although it is sort of in character, as Logan hasn't ever really been comfortable with younger students killing / biting off more than they can chew (X-23 on X-Force, for example), but to take such a moral high ground which causes the entire X-Men population to divide is so hypocritical and blind as a supposed 'leader'.
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15  Edited By Green ankh
    @Joeybagad0nutz said:
    Isn't it ironic that Cyclops is turning into Magneto even though he was taught by Prof X? Gotta love the irony is all of this.

This is an interesting idea.... If this was what is planned it might make Cyclops interesting for once.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Joeybagad0nutz said:

He's not turning into Magneto. He's the pragmatic balance between the two. His isolationist policies may seem to be in conflict with Xavier's integrationist ideals, but Scott is merely asserting that safety is the primary concern, after which integration can be achieved. Magneto sought domination, completely different to what Cyclops is doing.  

As for the article, Schism is just a fan's ejaculation and attempt to over-justify a title, in this case, Wolverine and the X-Men. There was no need to have Schism at all. Logan could have simply approached Scott and asked if he could take the discontented residents of Utopia back to the US or whatever. Scott then says ok, but tells him to be careful. One issue of Uncanny, maybe an annual. Done. But Marvel were worried that having a book called "Wolverine and the X-Men" would alienate some fans, so they're using Schism as a means to have Logan leave the X-Men as a righteous liberator, and Cyclops a dictator; rather than them both having legitimate views. There's a reason Schism isn't being written by a competent third party like Paul Jenkins, but is being written by a renowned Wolverine fan and the author of WatXM; Wolverine is the good guy of the story.  

Once someone with a brain is back in charge at Marvel, this splitting crap will be gone. 
    bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigsoto74
    @TheBlackHood said:
    My only problem with the entire thing is that the split is between Cyclops and Wolverine.  I understand this is done because Cyclops is in a leadership position and Wolverine is insanely popular but it still doesn't sit right with me.  I find it ironic that someone with as much blood on his hands as Wolverine is somehow the one Marvel is hitching as taking the high road.  Again, I know this is done simply because of his popularity but it never made sense to me that popularity so often dictates continuity.  This is the same problem I have with characters like Luke Cage having a problem with the Punisher but working with Wolverine when the midget has a much higher body count and has killed more innocents when he's mindcontrolled/feral/ or just angry.  When you have Wolverine telling his X-force teammates to just "get over" Fantomax shooting kid Apocalypse in the head, I don't see him as the moral compass for the X-men.
    In the AoA universe Wolverine took one of Cyclops eyes and Cyclops took one of Wolverines hands in a fight. Maybe this fight is much more than being popular since it has happen before. We don't know how many alternate versions of Cyclops and Wolverine have battled before.
    pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#18  Edited By pspin

I like all of this, I think it is really interesting, my wallet disagrees, oh well.

SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By SirSparkington

Someone needs to give Cycs a swift kick in the ass. I'm so tired of his "attitude" since Utopia/Second Coming.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I definitely see the parallel of Wolvie/Cyc's parting now just as it was for Charles and Erik, but the philosophies between the two are not as different as one might think.  As to whether the X-Men can recover from the break up, that just remains to be seen. After all, there has been divisiveness before but never before on this kind of scale.  And with certain members apparently acting on separate teams it does lead one to think that espionage is at work.  And if those kind of shenanigans are going on it clearly shows that there is a lack of trust among these mutants.  I honestly would not be surprised if somehow we find an event bringing them back together..or that perhaps Magneto was the real instigator of this division, not unlike Magog helping split up the JSA into separate teams.  It will be interesting to see what unfolds!

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Golden Cod
    @bigsoto74 said:
    In the AoA universe Wolverine took one of Cyclops eyes and Cyclops took one of Wolverines hands in a fight. Maybe this fight is much more than being popular since it has happen before. We don't know how many alternate versions of Cyclops and Wolverine have battled before.
    Can you see either of them losing the same body parts in the 616 universe though?   Marvel's too afraid to make any drastic changes to its lead characters.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @SirSparkington said:

Someone needs to give Cycs a swift kick in the ass. I'm so tired of his "attitude" since Utopia/Second Coming.

I know, right? How dare he protect an entire species when no one else could. Such a douche. 
    Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#23  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt: Remember when Grant Morrison wrote at the end of New X-Men that without Cyclops in charge the whole world would go to s**t? I miss those days...

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Or35ti

Maybe in the next X-event after Schism, or maybe in a couple years, a new threat will come that will force Cyclops and Wolverine to put their differences aside and join forces once more. That sounds to me like it could be done pretty great.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @angeldust616: Those days are now, people are just too fixed in their own perceptions to realise it lol  
    Had Cyclops not been in charge, Mutantkind would be dead.  
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still not convinced that Wolverine would follow this course of action considering that he has always been an advocate for children learning to defend themselves and doing whatever is necessary to get the job done.  

I also don't understand the Cyclops Hate. He's done nothing wrong, and is credited with saving his species. The way this is playing out makes Wolverine look like a flip flopper and incompetent to debate the method or means that Cyclops has used.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @GBrutality: yehh but Cykes NEVER orders anyone to kill.. "do whatever you feel you have to" were jis words in that panel.. &are his usual modus operandi's.. He'll never put someone in a position they cant handle or implicitly ORDER someone to do something they dont want to do.. No matter hOW removed from "the troops" he's become lately
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt: Cyclops is the true messiah of the mutant race, he's just too reluctant to admit it to himself for fear it will make him more like old Magneto. Instead, he places his faith in Hope and soldiers on as the only guy who can make the hard choices, the right choices. He made the right call with Idie, maybe not for her and her fragile psyche, but for the all the innocent civilians she saved by taking down the Hellfire terrorists.

@PhoenixoftheTides: Agreed, the whole things stinks to high heaven with hypocrisy. The ONLY reason I would consider picking up Aaron's "Wolverine and the X-Men" is Chris Bachalo's art (well, that and Kitty Pryde/Lockheed).

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @angeldust616: Yep. He's the one who's kept Mutantkind safe from the world and themselves. Without him, the species would have died from in-fighting.  

@PhoenixoftheTides said:
      I also don't understand the Cyclops Hate. He's done nothing wrong, and is credited with saving his species. 
    Very well said. 
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Something tells me that the major split will occur in Schism after Cyke makes the call for Kade Kilgore and his kiddie Hellfire Club to be taken down. Wolverine will be all "they're just kids" and Cyke will retort "no, they're psychopathic terrorists who want to wipe us out" then they beat the hell from each other and go their separate ways. All of this, of course, ignoring the fact that Wolverine wanted everyone to just "get over" Fantomex shooting kid Apocalypse between the eyes because it saved the world (what Cyclops is trying to do).

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @angeldust616 said:

Something tells me that the major split will occur in Schism after Cyke makes the call for Kade Kilgore and his kiddie Hellfire Club to be taken down. Wolverine will be all "they're just kids" and Cyke will retort "no, they're psychopathic terrorists who want to wipe us out" then they beat the hell from each other and go their separate ways. All of this, of course, ignoring the fact that Wolverine wanted everyone to just "get over" Fantomex shooting kid Apocalypse between the eyes because it saved the world (what Cyclops is trying to do).

That's insulting to Wolverine and Cyclops though, which is the sad part. Wolverine isn't a character who should be marginalised into being the paradigm of Mutant righteousness. He makes tough decisions, and that's why he and Cyke respect each other. They may not always get along, but they do respect one another. Schism ignores that. 
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt: At first (with the first issue of Schism) it seemed like Aaron's dialogue between the two reinforced their mutual respect for one another. Now it just seems like rather than taking the time to really construct a proper wedge between them and their beliefs, he's just throwing a bunch of crazy bull-s**t at us and expecting everyone to just buy Wolverine as a "on his high horse" kind of guy (he isn't, and never should be).

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By One_Eye
    @TheBlackHood: I agree. I've always been on the fence with Logan before with either tolerating or just outright disliking. So far in Schism, I can't stand him for many of the reasons stated in your post as well as others. Killing is wrong and there's no doubt about that but Wolverine is so against it((or at least others doing...)) then just like Cykes said; it should've been him out there. 
          I know Scott isn't the most popular guy at both Marvel and within his own team seriously, a split amongst the X-teams in which Wolverine gets his own book((yet again....)) ? I'm avoiding Schism like the frelling plague as the concept just is contrived, the villains aren't interesting, it introduces nothing new to the status-quo, and is being written by a blatant Wolverine. I could forgive the whole mess if it wasn't for none of the above but it isn't. 
          This is clearly a case when editorial is a necessary as we don't need a repeat of Cyclops jobbing out to another team member. Sheesh....
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By papad1992

Oooohh... I can see the battle now between telepaths!!  EMMA FROST vs PSYLCKE

During a downtime for the Blue Team Psylocke gets a call that there's a mission for X-Force to deal with. So she sneaks out, while Emma follows and tries to probe her mind because recently she's been absent for field days and a few missions... Psylocke feels emma inside her (ewww... nasty) and decides to mind blast her kinky ass!! Emma does her usual: "Betsy... and where may I ask are u off to at such a late hour?... lets find out shall we"... then Betsy says "Oh @!#/ this!!!" and takes out her swords and begins to charge at Emma while Emma transforms to her diamond form!! The battle progresses until Emma is standing in diamond form mocking Betsy for being a traitor! Just then Emma gets knocked out from behind... it's Warpath! Emma then automatically reverts back to her human form and wakes and tries to telepathically hurt Warpath but then a gun is put to the back of her head... it's Domino, and she says "Don't @#!/ with us, Frost" Then she knocks Emma out and all three leave together!! While Juiblee and Storm enter and put Emma back in her room (with an absent Cyclops due to his constant need to be the best alert leader). Storm then says "You bodacious under dressed cow!" And they both leave to meet up with Psylocke, Domino, and Warpath!! They all then go to land and leave to meet with Wolverine.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @The Myth: But nothing like THIS happened during those periods for there to be a split.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @GBrutality: SHE'S NOT DEAD ! NOR IS SHE GOING TO DIE !
    BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BigBDawg
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @Joeybagad0nutz said:

He's not turning into Magneto. He's the pragmatic balance between the two. His isolationist policies may seem to be in conflict with Xavier's integrationist ideals, but Scott is merely asserting that safety is the primary concern, after which integration can be achieved. Magneto sought domination, completely different to what Cyclops is doing.   As for the article, Schism is just a fan's ejaculation and attempt to over-justify a title, in this case, Wolverine and the X-Men. There was no need to have Schism at all. Logan could have simply approached Scott and asked if he could take the discontented residents of Utopia back to the US or whatever. Scott then says ok, but tells him to be careful. One issue of Uncanny, maybe an annual. Done. But Marvel were worried that having a book called "Wolverine and the X-Men" would alienate some fans, so they're using Schism as a means to have Logan leave the X-Men as a righteous liberator, and Cyclops a dictator; rather than them both having legitimate views. There's a reason Schism isn't being written by a competent third party like Paul Jenkins, but is being written by a renowned Wolverine fan and the author of WatXM; Wolverine is the good guy of the story.   Once someone with a brain is back in charge at Marvel, this splitting crap will be gone. 

Kudos to you, Black. :) Very nice work indeed. I feel the split is a bit much myself, considering that it makes things harder on all fans of the X-Men.
    n25philly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By n25philly

I think this might all be just a setup as the split doesn't seem to make sense.  I have a feeling Cyclops and Wolverine see a potential threat from one of the villains that's hanging out with them like Magneto and this whole split is staged so that there is a team ready should say Magneto take over Utopia.  They see the threat as imminent but don't want to pick a fight in case they are wrong, but stage their fight and split to make it believable to the potential villain.  I would think if that where the case then only a small circle of X-Men know the truth and Psylocke could be on both teams as a way of relaying information between those in the know on both sides.  Since only some X-Men know the truth they are going through all of this to have the reader see it from the other X-Men's point of view.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By CATPANEXE

Is this a bit premature or has everyone else already been shipped all of the issues of Schism and the first Regenesis books.
    I ask this because I noticed more than one topics about it here that provide detailed plot analysis's of books I otherwise believed 
    weren't even released at this point in time, and I'm wondering if I need to give my LCS a call?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#40  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I kind of like the idea about the X-Men splitting up since I have been waiting for this, but I just hope that these stories are written correctly and while I'm a little shocked with who's siding with who (Colossus siding with Cyclops, even though I always thought that he and Wolverine were close friends and Iceman siding with Wolverine, even though I thought that he and Cyclops were good friends) it would be interesting to see where this all leads. 

The only bad thing about this whole Schism thing is that the reason for Wolverine and Cyclops splitting seems a bit outstretched. I mean, Wolverine killed people before in the past, so why is the idea of Cyclops making Idie kill the Hellfire Club seem to rub Wolverine the wrong way?  I can see this as a moment where Wolverine starts to realize that killing people was never the right way to go and he doesn't want Idie to take the same path he has taken or he saw that when Cyclops made Idie kill the Hellfire Club, it sort of reminded him of how the Weapon X program forced him to kill innocent people, but this seems a bit out of place to me.  There hasn't been any evidence in the past whether or not Wolverine regretted killing people when he was in the Weapon X program, so if there was evidence of this in the past, I probably would have believed Wolverine's reasoning with being upset at Cyclops at making a small child kill people. Also, what is the point of having two separate series of the X-Men members? This was done before in the past with X-Force and X-Factor, so why try splitting up the X-Men like this?   

Personally, I think that the X-Men will eventually get back together, whether or not Jean Grey comes back and reminds the X-Men that they are a family and they need to stick together no matter what or Professor Xavier might redeem himself and tell the X-Men the same thing, but I'm not sure about that.
    ninjacommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ninjacommando

hmm I never considered that, why is Jubilee with Cyke rather than Wolverine? Jubilee was like Wolverine's favorite sidekick.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By theicon
    @RedheadedAtrocitus: i agree with you, but if you look at  Captain America and iron man ,their relationship is not  the same ever since Civil war, and  i know it will be the same between wolverine,& Cyclops and it will come down to a battle between them, if we see  passive wolverine  he will lose.  if we see weapon X,  its over bub...but  marvel will  weaken down wolvie   i  just know it
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MideonNViscera

This storyline is making Wolverine look really stupid.

TheShame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 21

#44  Edited By TheShame

Am i the only one who thinks that schism has been a blow out thus far? Nowhere near as deep as Civil War politically (Why would Wolverine have qualms about killing when he was in charge of Cyclops' X-Force!). Cable may be the one to reunite mutant-kind upon his return; he possesses equal measures of wolverine's cynicism/realism and Cyclops' Idealism. Hell, i always thought the mutants should be based on Providence rather than utopia anyway.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By TheMess1428

Maybe Charles Xavier can fix everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I'll get into this is if Cyclops eventually becomes a villain after being an upright a-hole for the past few years.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Meh, nothing ever sticks with these so called events, something will happen that will bring them all back together.

I'm just hoping they actually keep the individuality with each team instead of having most of the books blur together with the same people in them, like Wolverine being everywhere at once in all the books, not possible.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By ReVamp
    @Joeybagad0nutz said:
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#49  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @EGoD said:
    Meh, nothing ever sticks with these so called events, something will happen that will bring them all back together. I'm just hoping they actually keep the individuality with each team instead of having most of the books blur together with the same people in them, like Wolverine being everywhere at once in all the books, not possible.

I definitely agree with the these events only lasting for a few months. If they seriously split up the X-Men permanently, then there would be no X-Men since most of the stories are revolved around all the X-Men characters and splitting them up permanently wouldn't make the stories seem the same anymore.
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shadow_Thief
    @Joeybagad0nutz: You know, if I was leading the X-Men and Magneto was basically putting his stamp of approval on my actions, I'd have to stop and seriously think about what I was doing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.