Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Primary Fighting Style

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One thing about Wonder Woman is that she has a underrated fight game. She knows how to transition in many ways when in combat. Muay Thai and Wrestling are probably her two best fighting skills. I would love to see more of her H2H abilities in comics.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing about Wonder Woman is that she has a underrated fight game. She knows how to transition in many ways when in combat. Muay Thai and Wrestling are probably her two best fighting skills. I would love to see more of her H2H abilities in comics.

I feel like this is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I think the idea is that WW is a master of pretty much every form of H2H and weapons combat, but most of the time to show case those skills in the comics they have to nerf her physical abilities to create any sense of drama in a fight against her. Honestly there really is no one in the DCU that would truly stand a chance against her in a H2H fight.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Learning EVERY martial art in the world is impossible and what's more, it's a disadvantage. Like, Federer feels he's got too many skills and that sometimes it complicates his decision-making 'cause in a tennis match you've only got a fraction of a second to pick your shot - down the line, cross court, slice, drop shot so on and so forth and basically if you have too many skills you're a) more likely to pick the wrong shot b) hesitate. In battle, a bad decision or the slightest hesitation can mean the difference between life and death, the ability to read your opponent is a far more important skill

If relative to Superman Wonder Woman has the proportional strength of a woman ie. approx. 30% less upper-body strength, knowing 1 or 2 martial arts puts them on level terms

starrk_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think that her style would be a good old style of Pankration, been that she is a Greek :)

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Isn't Batman known for having mastered almost all martial arts? lol

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Klaus

@archizooom: I feel like that is only true when you think about which style or method of skill you wish to use. As a warrior born, Wonder Woman shouldn't be hindered by having too many skills, because she wouldn't be thinking about which style to use in battle, she would let her reactions take over and naturally adapt to any situation. Like how Buffy mixes her different fighting techniques to create her own free style fighting without thinking about it. Her style changes automatically to adapt to her enemies style.

As for the Superman/Wonder Woman thing. I don't think that's a good example as neither Superman or Wonder Woman have human physiology. I think if you take into account her being his physical equal, and factor in her skills, you would have something similar to her battle against Zod and Faora. She was able to outskill them and their physicals seemed equal, whereas her battle against Supergirl was much easier as she not only outskilled her, but was physically superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i dont think there is, or should be, much difference between diana and clarks strength. i think where wonder woman lacks in showy powers(laser eyes, frost breath, etc.) she makes up for in skill and equipment.

Fighting style seems to be mostly melee and wrestling and ,to a lesser, extent martial arts.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont think there is, or should be, much difference between diana and clarks strength. i think where wonder woman lacks in showy powers(laser eyes, frost breath, etc.) she makes up for in skill and equipment.

Fighting style seems to be mostly melee and wrestling and ,to a lesser, extent martial arts.

Luckily for us she has gotten a variety of more powers (energy bolts, energy weapons, lightning, sensing war, mind control over warriors, god-mode, summoning weapons, microscopic vision, super breath etc).

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus: You're right that when you have a martial art down pat your training becomes second nature and you're able to execute techniques almost without thinking but you certainly can't develop muscle memory for a limitless number of skills because it's a limited resource in the brain, you're better off perfecting a few techniques rather than overload your brain with too many which only slows you down. Now in her lifetime Wonder Woman might've studied many martial arts and developed her own mixed martial art but she couldn't have mastered them all

And I think Superman should be the strongest, it's his calling card, the way I see it the strongest man should be stronger than the strongest woman. In saying that, Wonder Woman's training closes the gender gap, that's how I'd have it if it were up to me

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Klaus

@klaus: You're right that when you have a martial art down pat your training becomes second nature and you're able to execute techniques almost without thinking but you certainly can't develop muscle memory for a limitless number of skills because it's a limited resource in the brain, you're better off perfecting a few techniques rather than overload your brain with too many which only slows you down. Now in her lifetime Wonder Woman might've studied many martial arts and developed her own mixed martial art but she couldn't have mastered them all

And I think Superman should be the strongest, it's his calling card, the way I see it the strongest man should be stronger than the strongest woman. In saying that, Wonder Woman's training closes the gender gap, that's how I'd have it if it were up to me

Wonder Woman doesn't have a normal brain though. As a superhuman able to analyze things at incredible speeds, and retain thousands of years worth of memories, she won't be overloading her brain. And again, being thousands of years old (like Rucka confirmed in a recent interview that she has lived for thousands of years, but she was in the body and mindset of an 18 year old when she first came to man's world), she should have mastered almost all the styles she has learned.

Also saying the strongest man should be stronger than the strongest woman holds no merit in a comic universe where the man isn't a man, but an Alien male, and the woman isn't a woman but an Olympian/Amazonian hybrid (as woman comes from the word man which comes from the word human which neither Kal and Diana are).

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why you think her brain somehow has the same limitations as a human would. In the current continuity she's lived for thousands of years and has spent most of that time training her mind and body ... no reason to assume she has a "capacity" limit in terms of how many skills she can learn and effectively use.

As for strength, I've never cared all that much, but I would say that she should be quite close to SM strength, her durability is where she is clearly behind him, which would explain why she's struggled with certain types of heavy-hitter threats such as Doomsday in the past. Doomsday isn't going to really fight, he's there as an unstoppable force which makes skill less valuable than brute force most of the time and to stand toe-to-toe with him you need the very top level of durability.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would Diana know every martial art in the world or even a few that were invented within the last couple hundred years if she was born and raised in an isolationist nation that closed themselves off thousands of years ago?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

How would Diana know every martial art in the world or even a few that were invented within the last couple hundred years if she was born and raised in an isolationist nation that closed themselves off thousands of years ago?

because the Amazons watch man's world? In pretty much every continuity Hippolyta has some kind of scrying mirror or technology that allows her to monitor the outside world.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Archizooom

@klaus: @csg_cl: I'm just saying that perfecting fewer skills to a very high level, honing your reflexes, learning how to read your opponent-- that's what ultimately makes a great warrior, and this seems a bit more coherent to me than Wonder Woman somehow knowing tai chi, may thai and so forth. I just wish they had the care to depict Wonder Woman actually using those skills 'cause when it comes right down to it, she's really just as good as Superman, he can throw a shuriken and use the lasso just as well as Wonder Woman

If they did this, Wonder Woman shouldn't struggle more than Superman against the likes of Doomsday because she shouldn't be getting hit as much, Wonder Woman should block, duck and dodge more than Superman, and then cut his head off with her sword

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sooperfly

Wonder Woman's primary fighting style is winning, hahaha a lot of her fighting stances in the comics don't really look anything like ones that humans practice in our world (but then again I couldn't expect the artists to be experts in hand to hand combat so theres that). I think it's safe to assume her 'primary' (if there is any, personally i think WW reads her opponents before choosing any game plan and game plan could include what fight sting style to use).

@csg_cl said:

I feel like this is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I think the idea is that WW is a master of pretty much every form of H2H and weapons combat, but most of the time to show case those skills in the comics they have to nerf her physical abilities to create any sense of drama in a fight against her. Honestly there really is no one in the DCU that would truly stand a chance against her in a H2H fight.

I don't think this statement to be true because she has lost to many people in H2H without any interference. If we're talking Pre-52 WW she's even said she can never take Superman H2H in combat. And if we're talking n52 then theres isnt much to talk about since she's hilariously weaker than her Pre52 counter part(case in point where she broke her arms against a baby doomsday, and Superman ripped the full power DD in half). If i said something wrong please do correct me, for a girl I'm disgracefully behind on my WW reading :P

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: but that's a different argument than does she has the knowledge of the skills and can she incorporate them in ways that work for her. Your bitterness about SM being able to replicate skills is peeking through. But I do actually agree with your point about how she should be portrayed in combat, but it's ridiculous to think she would never get hit, many combat styles are built around using an opponents strength against them not just brute force and speed.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooperfly: that was kind of my point. Conceptually WW really should be vastly ahead of anyone in H2H, but that's clearly not the case, thus pay point of her being nerfed. But I'll also point out that while she ONCE said she couldn't take SM (in a piss poor story I might add), she has gone toe to toe with him on many occasions thanks to her warrior skills. Honestly she is head and shoulders above him in a 1:1 fight.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sooperfly

@csg_cl said:

@sooperfly: that was kind of my point. Conceptually WW really should be vastly ahead of anyone in H2H, but that's clearly not the case, thus pay point of her being nerfed. But I'll also point out that while she ONCE said she couldn't take SM (in a piss poor story I might add), she has gone toe to toe with him on many occasions thanks to her warrior skills. Honestly she is head and shoulders above him in a 1:1 fight.

straight up, but she only won one of those fight (if i remember correctly) where they both were aware of what was happening. Other times cant really count since either SM was mind controlled or wasn't trying to hurt her.

I wouldn't say head and shoulders, since he was trained by her and Batman and numerous other beings, and he has feats of beating stronger and tougher beings than her. However I do agree her fighting experience and warrior intellect is far above his.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: @sooperfly:The Post Crisis comic of WW talking about a fight with superman is from 15 years ago and it was not the best writen comic out there if you know what i mean, she said she wouldn't beat him not that she can't take him in a H2H battle, there is a difference because that comment was more oriented towards raw power, although WW herself kept getting stronger in the next years so.

agreed, but even though a comic is written like crap doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered evidence of one heroes superiority over another(unless it's like PIS where Batman wrecks WW, that I wouldn't defend for a second). Also taking Superman in a h2h fight is a lot different from actually winning, case and point Superman can take Black Adam in a fight, but it's never been shown that Superman can actually win against him (using UltraMan beating Black Adam as evidence to Superman beating him is not valid since Ultraman is impervious to magic from what I'm aware). And raw power is an important factor in fights for lots of reasons, if it wasn't then Cassandra Cain and Deathstroke would most likely be the most dangerous beings in the universe. WW did indeed get upgrades but so has Superman, Superman writers have an insecure complex where he has to be completely OP and ridiculously strong in almost every category (yes I'm salty because of this :P ).

She has always been a far better fighter than him, a fight that is strictly about H2H skills is a fight she would never lose against him. And through decades of comics she has given a bloodlusted superman a run for his money more than once, even barely holding herself back in one of those battles. So it's not like she doesn't have a chance of winning in an all out fight between them, she certainly has a good chance to win based on their many battles. They balance each other, he has things she doesn't on his side and she has things on her side that he doesn't.

You're talking about H2H battles but when I bring up one where she says herself she cant win you automatically classify that as bad writing. All battles where Superman was bloodlusted he wasn't defending himself against her magic weapons. Also the battle you're(probably) referring to is when Superman thought she was DoomsDay; did you forget he broke her wrist in that battle just by grabbing it? the reason she came out on top was because she found who was controlling his mind and cut his throat while he was distracted. Often times when they fight, one is trying to hold back because fighting the other isnt one of their priorities at that moment, that can go both ways.

Also New 52 WW losing to doomsday is not that relevant since she wasn't fighting at full power and she got upgrades later on.

Again, so has Superman(from writers...as always), yet the margin between the DoomDays they fought are large. WW succumbing to a weaker one, where as Superman wrecking the final form. Also her amps (from what I've read) haven't really been significant; all except 'the power of God Of War' which was said to have given her more power than SM, but it still hasn't shown anything to prove that except Parasite saying it.

I feel like this is becoming a WonderWoman vs Superman thread, and I've ended up defending Superman even though i hate him....

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@sooperfly: Post Crisis WW's comment about a battle with superman was not about a H2H fight, she saying she wouldn't win against him, it certainly had to do with strength, because nobody with common sense would say he is as skilled as she is as a fighter, let alone more skilled. She certainly knows(writers since they write the comics) that she is far better trained than him and has him beat by far in the skills department and writers have been pointing this out since forever.

she was insinuating in overall categories. Of course the women who was trained by the God Of War since she was a child will have better fighting experience/tactics/IQ/abilities than a man who was raised on a farm and was surrounded by people scared of his powers and encouraged to hide them and be ashamed of them. However this never seems to be much of an advantage since she's never beat him up with ease, he has her over in speed and strength(a great showcase of his superiority in both categories is when he vibrated a planet through another planet); two major factors in a fight.

Raw power is not the only factor in a fight, inteligent, skills, weapons, experience, etc can also play an important part. Characters like deathstroke have skills, but still human limitations, even all the skills in the universe wouldn't make him the biggest threat when he hasn't any power output to make those skills a threat against powerhouses. On the other hand SM and WW have amazing special powers so they are threats beyond human level, so in this case having great skills can make a difference when fighting other opponents on the same tier or above.

Yeah, i agree. Raw power isn't the only factor but it does play a role in battles.

If you want to use characters statements as proof, you can't use what she said about not beating sm in that post crisis comic, and then ignore the statements about her New 52 upgrades as The God Of War. Not to mention the countless characters statements saying she is his equal.

Except Wonder Woman and Superman just fought before Wonder Woman made that statement, where as Parasite just made the statement without really proving it. There are countless other times when its implied SM is her superior (even the great Bat-God says so :P )

In the Sacrifice fight he broke her wrist yes, that's not a low showing for her, he is superman, of course he has the power output to cause that kind of damage to her, She also showed to be capable of inflicting serious damage on him in that same fight, of course because she is WW, and has the power output to cause damage to him. Nothing new there. Based on actual evidence, WW has always been capable of giving superman a run for his money and has been compared to him, and refered to as a being within his level constantly.

but we aren't talking about whether they can hurt each other because they obviously they can, and we're not talking about if they're on the same level because they obviously are in fact that is what i was trying to prove to @csg_cl when s/he said Wonder Woman is 'head and shoulders' over SM.

New 52 WW lost to doomsday but she was not at full power, the bracelets retain a lot of her power. So that fight is not proof of her full capability at all.

I know that, but does it affect her durability? Im not asking trying to prove a point, I'm asking cuz i honestly don't know :P

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@sooperfly: Post Crisis WW's comment about a battle with superman was not about a H2H fight, she saying she wouldn't win against him, it certainly had to do with strength, because nobody with common sense would say he is as skilled as she is as a fighter, let alone more skilled. She certainly knows(writers since they write the comics) that she is far better trained than him and has him beat by far in the skills department and writers have been pointing this out since forever.

she was insinuating in overall categories. Of course the women who was trained by the God Of War since she was a child will have better fighting experience/tactics/IQ/abilities than a man who was raised on a farm and was surrounded by people scared of his powers and encouraged to hide them and be ashamed of them. However this never seems to be much of an advantage since she's never beat him up with ease, he has her over in speed and strength(a great showcase of his superiority in both categories is when he vibrated a planet through another planet); two major factors in a fight.

Raw power is not the only factor in a fight, inteligent, skills, weapons, experience, etc can also play an important part. Characters like deathstroke have skills, but still human limitations, even all the skills in the universe wouldn't make him the biggest threat when he hasn't any power output to make those skills a threat against powerhouses. On the other hand SM and WW have amazing special powers so they are threats beyond human level, so in this case having great skills can make a difference when fighting other opponents on the same tier or above.

Yeah, i agree. Raw power isn't the only factor but it does play a role in battles.

If you want to use characters statements as proof, you can't use what she said about not beating sm in that post crisis comic, and then ignore the statements about her New 52 upgrades as The God Of War. Not to mention the countless characters statements saying she is his equal.

Except Wonder Woman and Superman just fought before Wonder Woman made that statement, where as Parasite just made the statement without really proving it. There are countless other times when its implied SM is her superior (even the great Bat-God says so :P )

In the Sacrifice fight he broke her wrist yes, that's not a low showing for her, he is superman, of course he has the power output to cause that kind of damage to her, She also showed to be capable of inflicting serious damage on him in that same fight, of course because she is WW, and has the power output to cause damage to him. Nothing new there. Based on actual evidence, WW has always been capable of giving superman a run for his money and has been compared to him, and refered to as a being within his level constantly.

but we aren't talking about whether they can hurt each other because they obviously they can, and we're not talking about if they're on the same level because they obviously are in fact that is what i was trying to prove to @csg_cl when s/he said Wonder Woman is 'head and shoulders' over SM.

New 52 WW lost to doomsday but she was not at full power, the bracelets retain a lot of her power. So that fight is not proof of her full capability at all.

I know that, but does it affect her durability? Im not asking trying to prove a point, I'm asking cuz i honestly don't know :P

I would disagree that she was insinuating in all categories. The whole premise of the story in question is how she needed to defeat the entire League without actually doing them permanent damage as her real plan was to save them from a threat only she could defeat. her statement to SM that she couldn't defeat him is heavily tinted by the fact that she would have to hold back from lethal force, thus she had devised a plan to force him to save the others rather than face her H2H. Honestly this whole book was pretty PIS IMO, not to mention a poor attempt at copying Batman's MO for WW.

As for them being on the same level, I agree in terms of power ... he might be somewhat stronger and is clearly more durable and has more abilities, but she is a significantly better fighter and has her weapons which combined tend to even things out between them. I've said for years in an unbiased fight between them WW would easily win because of her training and weapons, that doesn't mean she's more powerful than he is ... there is more to it than "who would win in a fight", which inherently stacks the deck in the favor of the God of War :)

SM has abilities that make WW far less effective than him in certain scenarios ... he's not bound to the Earth's atmosphere (which she seems to be off and on), Heat Vision can be way more versatile than just a direct attack (which she's shown she can take directly and easily block) he can be smarter in how he uses it and put her on the defensive right away ... blasting chunks of earth at her and using his freeze breath and speed to create vortexes of rubble etc... his powers have more versatility than are usually shown, and if he was better trained to think like a fighter he'd use them to greater effect. Instead he blasts some HV then charges in to throw punches, playing right into WW strength instead of his own.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sooperfly

@csg_cl said:

I would disagree that she was insinuating in all categories.

well whatever she meant, it's clear even she recognizes his superiority in some cases.

As for them being on the same level, I agree in terms of power ... he might be somewhat stronger and is clearly more durable and has more abilities, but she is a significantly better fighter and has her weapons which combined tend to even things out between them. I've said for years in an unbiased fight between them WW would easily win because of her training and weapons, that doesn't mean she's more powerful than he is ... there is more to it than "who would win in a fight", which inherently stacks the deck in the favor of the God of War :)

you can say she'd 'easily' win but she's never shown the ability to do so(like Darkseid has when he backhands Superman and he does a backflip lol), even if you look at her other feats (that don't include Superman in the picture) they don't come close to Superman's feats (that don't include WW in the picture). Her weapons prove to be useful against him because he isn't impervious to magic, had they not been magical they would prove to be completely useless.

SM has abilities that make WW far less effective than him in certain scenarios ... he's not bound to the Earth's atmosphere (which she seems to be off and on), Heat Vision can be way more versatile than just a direct attack (which she's shown she can take directly and easily block) he can be smarter in how he uses it and put her on the defensive right away ... blasting chunks of earth at her and using his freeze breath and speed to create vortexes of rubble etc... his powers have more versatility than are usually shown, and if he was better trained to think like a fighter he'd use them to greater effect. Instead he blasts some HV then charges in to throw punches, playing right into WW strength instead of his own.

yeah what hell is that? some issues she's in space for huge amounts of time, and other times she needs a breathing apparatus, have writers not made up their mind about that or something? Superman holds himself back in a lot of cases (not just with Wonder Woman) but it's shown a lot that if he doesn't hold back he is capable of beating opponents out of everybody else's category (like Darkseid). A lot of instances where Wonder Woman and Superman fought (except when he though she was DD) he was holding back because subduing her wasn't his goal at that particular time.

again this is becoming a WW vs SM thread...and i don't want to support SM because i don't like him.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I would disagree that she was insinuating in all categories.

well whatever she meant, it's clear even she recognizes his superiority in some cases.

you can say she'd 'easily' win but she's never shown the ability to do so(like Darkseid has when he backhands Superman and he does a backflip lol), even if you look at her other feats (that don't include Superman in the picture) they don't come close to Superman's feats (that don't include WW in the picture). Her weapons prove to be useful against him because he isn't impervious to magic, had they not been magical they would prove to be completely useless.

yeah what hell is that? some issues she's in space for huge amounts of time, and other times she needs a breathing apparatus, have writers not made up their mind about that or something? Superman holds himself back in a lot of cases (not just with Wonder Woman) but it's shown a lot that if he doesn't hold back he is capable of beating opponents out of everybody else's category (like Darkseid). A lot of instances where Wonder Woman and Superman fought (except when he though she was DD) he was holding back because subduing her wasn't his goal at that particular time.

again this is becoming a WW vs SM thread...and i don't want to support SM because i don't like him.

I'm not going to address this since you don't like SM and don't want this to be a WW v. SM thread :)

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

I'm not going to address this since you don't like SM and don't want this to be a WW v. SM thread :)

hahaha thank you

@agent41 said:

@csg_cl: @sooperfly:This has become a SM vs WW, did you notice that some people always feel the need to bring SM's name and make a rant about him being superior?. Sorry i'm not trying to offend anybody but i'm tired of that attitude. Diana will always beat him when it comes to H2H skills, some people need to let that go because that can't be argued. Also SM and WW have fought each other many times and they have never beat each other in cannon and never had an easy time fighting each other, which makes sense because they are within the same level of power, he has more abilities, she has more skills. They balance each other.

Superman is compared to every hero whether he should be or not. Also i think if we include non-canon material WonderWoman is in the lead of him in terms of win-loss ratio, but idk that for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is better fighter than Superman. WW h2h > Superman h2h. WW reflexes > Superman. Superman Durability> WW durability. Superman speed > ww speed . Superman striking power > WW striking power. Superman lifting strength > WW. Superman stamina > ww. WW sword + lasso > superman holding back.

brettjett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ORIGINALLY, her main fighting "style" (its really called a "method") is grappling. This according to Marston.

Her "style" today ought be (appropriately enough) Wing Chun, as it was a system created by a frail woman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@vegetassgss: WW's Sword and Lasso are still a threat even if sm is not holding back. Also about stamina, if Post Crisis WW fought for thousands of years with no problem, then her stamina is not below his.

If SM is not holding back and is playing it smartly he might be able to stay away from them, but in worst cases he will get cut.

No Caption Provided

That being said, i see there was some discussion on SM vs WW. In my opinion SM should win those battles in which he is using his brains and the ones he is not playing smartly or makes a mistake he would end up losing it.

WW is capable of handling herself pretty well btw at least imo, and in the sacrifice story arc SM was actually bloodlusted he was not holding anything back. Yet WW did slit her throat and Lastly if she did not have her bracelets on in that fight she would be dead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: also Superman should have more stamina they both fought together in valhalla. But under a yellow sun i think sm has more. I dont know much of her (WW) stamina feats you would know better than me.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetassgss: WW always wears her bracelets because she becomes MORE powerful without them ... In pre-crisis and N52 continuity she wears them to keep her power levels under control.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: If it was not for her bracelets she would have died. She used her bracelets to distract SM so that she could go to maxwell lord if not that SM would not have stopped. They were major help in sacrifice fight.

EDIT: Superman is a better tactician it comes naturally with his abilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: yes. They offer her defense and offense both.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: If it was not for her bracelets she would have died. She used her bracelets to distract SM so that she could go to maxwell lord if not that SM would not have stopped. They were major help in sacrifice fight.

EDIT: Superman is a better tactician it comes naturally with his abilities.

Superman has ONE tactic ... smash ... he was more interesting in previous continuities where he used his powers in more ways IMO. I get a little bored with him (and WW for that matter) just rushing in and bashing on their enemies. Would be quite nice to see them problem solving by using their other powers and their heads more often.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Superman uses his power intelligently when he is shown using tactics it is mind blowing. He is shown dumb when he is fighting Batman.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CSG_CL

@csg_cl: Superman uses his power intelligently when he is shown using tactics it is mind blowing. He is shown dumb when he is fighting Batman.

the reason people use terms like "over powered" is because SM doesn't actually use his powers all that intelligently. It's all about blasting a hole or some feat of strength.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @vegetassgss said:

the reason people use terms like "over powered" is because SM doesn't actually use his powers all that intelligently. It's all about blasting a hole or some feat of strength.

The reason people use terms like "over powered" is because he actually is plus all the hate he gives as he beats the favorites. I do like wonder woman a lot, but saying that superman doesn't use his brain while fighting is just mocking superman. Superman processes thoughts way faster than an average human and his super senses work even while he is fighting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@vegetassgss: WW was already doing her thing fighting him in Sacrifice before tha bracelets part, she has fought a bloodlusted SM more than once. She is the better tactician and has the better skills catalogue by far.

No. I said ww is capable of fighting SM and even winning but saying she is a better " tactical fighter " is out of the books, for me at least. as far as sm vs ww discussion goes i honestly could not care less but saying she has better skills, no way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: She does not have more abilities has better combat skills, Superman is more intelligent more capable of using his environment to take advantage in combat these things come to him naturally. Superman uses better tactics by feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: She has better skills, combat skills that is what i also said. But SM better at strategy/tactics. I know how she is trained an all. Superman has a wide ranger of abilities that help him do strategic fighting better he thinks faster, sees at the atomic level, does x-rays, does infrared vision heat tracking, super smell, super hearing all at once.

Wow i used to think WW fans were cool but this is far fetched, even if ww was my absolute favorite i would not bend things this much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.