Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What is your favorite trait of the God of Thunder?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Spambot

Poll What is your favorite trait of the God of Thunder? (22 votes)

his sense of honor 23%
    his indomitable fighting spirit 45%
    his great strength 9%
    his amazing array of powers 9%
    his sense of morality/justice 5%
    the fact that he is a god 5%
    something else 9%
     • 
    kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: All of the above, except the "fact that he's a god" one. His godhood is probably the least interesting aspect. All the other stuff is very interesting, and all are equally my favorite traits. I picked the powers option for the heck of it. And Mjolnor is really freaking cool.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

His facial hair. Seriously, give him back his beard.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish you could pick multiple because his strength and will are the to best things to me. but i picked strength because it can mean multiple things

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the above plus his will! should he have the GL Ring, he'd be the best GL.. lol

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sense of honor is one of the many things that make him a favorite of mine.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spambot

@titing2101: I think his will sort of goes along with his fighting spirit for the purposes of this poll. The fact that he never surrenders and will always fight to his last breath.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phisigmatau

his honor and humility

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the above. Tons of characters have "fighting spirit." His godhood actually intrigues me (as do the other gods of the Marvel universe). If anything, the coolest thing about Thor is his alpha-male mentality and confidence in himself. Some call it arrogance, but whatever. I like a protagonist with a sense of bravado. Yes, he values all life and protects those weaker than himself, but he also knows he's one badass deity and doesn't have a problem showing it.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I think there are very few characters who have a fighting spirit on par with the god of thunder. The more punishment Thor takes the stronger his resolve and strength tend to get during a fight. I think it does have to do with the pride he feels being a god and how much of who he is is wrapped up in him living up to the standards he feels as being a prince of Asgard and son of Odin. To Thor, losing a fight is basically like dying. I don't think there are too many characters who are always so willing to fight to the death.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, I didn't mean to diminish his valor. He takes his godhood seriously not only because of his considerable power and royal lineage, but because he feels that a warrior god should be worthy of aspiration and admiration. He's not the only great hero in Marvel with a great sense of self-sacrifice however.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His resiliency and fighting spirit.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his honor and fighting spirit

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He thinks he is the alpha male and the most powerful, which is true when alongside the other popular marvel heroes.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
    AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: It's not so much thinks as knows, for so long his only rival was hulk and even then he only needed to use his physicals to tie with him and had dozens of other abilities he didn't use.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
    AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the whole package -wink- but seriously I like the whole mysticism behind his godhood, like how he was able to just leave that dimension he was put in by the collector, or how he was able to will himself back in JMS's run when Donald Blake asked him to come back. Stuff like that. My favorite might just be when he has those unexpectedly funny moments since he's usually more serious.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember reading a comic years ago and he was friends with all walks of life. He always had time for people.

One of the best parts of the books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His strength and the fact that he is a god. Those are pretty shallow reasons but honestly that's a big part of why I like him. His character and spirit and other powers just make it that much better.

His godly powers are also one of my favorite things about him. When he used magic to bring asgard to earth, and then more magic to make it hover about the ground when he found out it was illegal to set it down on that spot, and then later on used his power to revive every single asgardian that was dead at once in JMS' 2007 Thor series, it was awesome.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i said honor because THOR as a character has helped me apply somethings in real life.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

His kindness and compassion. He is an incredible warrior with so much passion but you can see that he touches the loves of the common man or child when he can. He is a genuinely wonderufl person behind that intense warrior spirit.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His facial hair. Seriously, give him back his beard.

YAAAAAAS!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.