Follow

Jubilee

Character » Jubilee appears in 3049 issues.

Jubilee is a long-time member of the X-Men and founding member of Generation X. She previously lost her mutant powers on M-Day, and then was turned into a vampire. Most recently, she re-gained her pyrotechnic abilities and was turned back into a mutant .

Is Jubilee a"good vampire"?

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The question of whether a vampire (whether male or female is irrelevant) can ever be "good" is a continuing debate esp nowadays in the days of "True Blood/Twilight/Vampire Diaries. ( In the old days of Hammer Horror flicks it was so much more cut and dried, everybody would cheer when Dracula-whether Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee -would bite the dust). Nathaniel Cade in Christopher Farnsworth's "Blood Oath" noted gloomily that no matter how many times he saves the United States (and by extension humanity) he can NEVER atone for the lives he has taken- at least before the judgment of God. Mina Harker in the 2003 film "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen"( who despite being a vampire is untroubled by both sunlight and holy objects- at the film's conclusion we see her attend Allan Quatermain's funeral despite the crosses in the cemetery) helps prevent(or at least postpone ) WWI.

I admit that I am not a particular fan of Jubilee but I think if her desire to be "good"(which she has already shown by becoming an adoptive mother and in general refraining from preying on humanity) is sincere she should in all conscience be encouraged.

Given that the X-Men and mutantkind in general are stigmatized by humanity at large(or a vocal minority of the latter) it seems cruelly ironic that they should

behave so mean-spiritedly towards one of their own!

Intensity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I feel that Jubilee has always had a desire to remain moralistic and 'good,' when it came to the use of her powers. Even when she was a mutant, her ability to detonate matter at an atomic level was never fully played out... as her conscience wouldn't allow her to take a human life. Instead, she found creative ways to blast away at the bad guys without hurting them.

Now that she is a vampire, the same can be said for her in regards to her abilities. She started off high on angst and temptation as a vampire, but with the proper guidance and treatment, finally decided that she still never wanted to take a human life. Instead, I believe she restricts herself to an animal blood diet, as well as transfusions of blood from Wolverine and/or X-23. However, it has been awhile since we have seen this on panel. I actually feel that the writers are trying to ignore much of her vampirism due to either laziness or else the fact that they adore her classic traits so much more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.