• 118 results
sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By sommyt

Superhuman Strength: In addition to being the God of Thunder, Thor is also the Asgardian God of Strength, as such he is physically the strongest of the Asgardian gods[28][43][44][45][29][46] and one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.[47] His strength has been called unlimited.[27] His feats include easily lifting over a millions tons without any effort,[48][49] crumbling Uru into dust,[46] defeating and overpowering superhumans as strong and powerful as the Silver Surfer, Namor, Juggernaut, Hercules, the Hulk, the Red Hulk, the Sentry, and Gladiator in single combat, lifting the Midgard Serpent,[50] who was large enough to coil around the Earth from head to tail multiple times over and crush it in its grip.[43], overpowering cosmic entities when pressed in battle and physically destroying stars, planets, and moons with only his fists.[51][52] Thor also possesses a magical belt that doubles his natural strength. Thor is also capable of entering into a state of Berserker Rage known as Warrior's Madness, which will temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold but will only do so in desperate situations because it threatens his sanity.[53][54][55][56] Despite the fact that he always restrains and holds back his infinite strength against mortals, he has been capable of stalemating an enraged Hulk in strength (note: Thor has the ability to overpower the Hulk). Thor is capable of knocking out the Hulk,[57] How much strength Thor truly holds back against mortals is made clear, as he was capable of knocking out Namor with a single blow (despite Namor being fully hydrated and it was raining),[58] easily defeating Bi-Beast (whose strength is said to equal the Hulk's),[59] easily overpower the Red Hulk (who killed the Abomination, overpowered the Hulk, punched and injuring Uatu, killed the Grandmaster, and was able to absorb the Power Cosmic), nearly rendering the Juggernaut unconscious in under a minute after negating his mystical defenses,[60] and defeated both the Thing and an enraged Hulk at once in unarmed combat using only his vast physical strength. Despite pass battles with the Hulk Thor is physically stronger then the hulk as Thor is capable of infinite strength.[61] many people don't know that Thor is the as guardian god of strength. Superman Hercules captain marvel hulk sentry gladiator juggernaut silver surfer Wonder Woman wonder man blue marvel nova ,,,, None are stronger than Thor. Actually I agree that thor is equal to Superman in strength while the rest are a tad bit lower than the two off them ..while these two heroes are the definition of strength in their respective universes Old wizard The claim has often been made that Superman is stronger than Thor. Many times on versus forums threads this claim is accepted as a given by both sides of the debate. We don’t concede that the Man of Steel is physically stronger than the god of thunder though. Thor has performed feats such as lifting the World Serpent, and once hurled the Odinsword, an enormous mystical blade, through a Celestial! Thor has also single-handedly matched the strength of the Hulk on numerous occasions Not only that but Thor is capable of entering into a state known as the “Warrior’s Madness”, which will temporarily increase his strength tenfold. Some of these feats have no true equivalent in the DC universe. We think at the very least, the two character’s physical strength is equal. ...while superman can Sundip Thor can WM. so I feel like they are actually. Equal..notice each character seems like the definition of power ..like when red hulk manage to defeat thor he claimed that all the time ....likE. I DEFEATED THOR THAT SHOULD TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING. SAME WITH IF I DEFEAT SUPERMAN I WOULD USE THAT ALL THE TIME AND BE LIKE I DEFEATED SUPERMAN IM A BAD DUDE ..LOL SO I THINK HONESTLY THOR AND SUPERMAN ARE EQUAL IN STRENGHT. What do u guys think please no bias

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fifthchild

@sommyt said:

..LOL SO I THINK HONESTLY THOR AND SUPERMAN ARE EQUAL IN STRENGHT. What do u guys think please no bias

I think Superman's stronger.

People make too much of feats a lot of the time but, generally speaking, Superman has done more physically impressive things more frequently while Thor more frequently has less physically impressive strength showings. Super-strength is more of a central power to Superman than it is to Thor, at least these days. If nothing else, JLA/Avengers sold the idea that Superman was stronger, though theres a lot about that book I dont agree with.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueMarvel

Its really a contest between:

The Strongest and Fastest(superman) VS The Most Powerful and Skilled(Thor)

WHile Thor is vastly more powerful and skilled than superman. Superman is arguably not that much faster and stronger than Thor

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fifthchild

@TrueMarvel said:

Its really a contest between:

The Strongest and Fastest(superman) VS The Most Powerful and Skilled(Thor)

WHile Thor is vastly more powerful and skilled than superman. Superman is arguably not that much faster and stronger than Thor

Why do you feel that Thor is vastly more powerful than Superman or that Superman isnt much faster than Thor?

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMarvel

@Fifthchild:

"Superman can move at Light speed"

A very prevelant Superman myth.

Well there is some truth in this, but it is completely overexaggerated. Superman can only go light speed when travelling at an accelerated rate.

Travel speed when flying = FTL

Fighting speed = Not light speed

Taken from: The Adventures of Superman 620

-Superman travels through space not fighting but purely flying. In the second scan it says "Space bends around him as this speed time slows down" This is describing the process of going light speed. No where in the scan did he go light speed, but approaches it through acceleration after flying for a set amount of time.

Don't take my word, ask NASA

http://nimbleit.squarespace.com/sim...d-of-light.html

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_gp_sl.html#time

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_gp_s...html#speedlight

Superman even remarks he can't go light speed. Superman can only reach light speed through flying in space at a set velocity. This is near useless in a fight as travel speed is redundant, and combat speed is the speed to determine punches, kicks, ect.

Taken from: Superman v2 195

Superman even tells us that he only goes light speed when accelerating. Another instance of travel speed.

This is a popular scan taken from Superman/Batman going FTL. However it is under no indication Superman is going light speed, and is able to have a full conversation with Darkseid the whole way.

To prove Superman cannot fight at light speed like many people suggest here is a scan.

In actuality the electromagnetic shock wave from the bomb was light speed and it hit Superman. This is sufficient enough to show he was not moving at superluminal speeds, and can't react to it either.

Furthermore many people said Superman flew to the Saturn moons at many times the speed of light. However this is completely false, as Superman was in deep space at the time when he heard the news of Lex Luthor being president.

Superman cannot react and fight at the speed he travels, this is constantly shown throughout the comics.

Failing to catch minigun fire.

Pounded by Green Lantern

WonderWoman is even faster then him in combat speed

Superman can only travel at super-speed reaching a velocity of which he accelerates to light speed. His combat speed, reactions, fighting are not even close.

Superman can't reach lightspeed in terms of combat speed... while thor can swing his hammer at more than 4x the speed of light

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueMarvel

and there is no question that thor is more powerful than superman.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sommyt

@Fifthchild: I respect ur opinion and agree with u ..on most however superman has strength central thats thors as well even him flying requires his super strenght ....but when I compare feats theres nothing that shows ne that supes is stronger or faster in flyong speed ...in running he is definitely faster than thor ..

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

@sommyt: I agree Thor 's infinite Strength + double strength belt = double infinite strength. Thor > Superman ;p

I know what you meant. I just can't help and laugh with the way it sounded in my head. ;)

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fifthchild

@TrueMarvel said:

@Fifthchild:

Well there is some truth in this, but it is completely overexaggerated. Superman can only go light speed when travelling at an accelerated rate.

Superman can only travel at super-speed reaching a velocity of which he accelerates to light speed. His combat speed, reactions, fighting are not even close.

Superman can't reach lightspeed in terms of combat speed... while thor can swing his hammer at more than 4x the speed of light

Sure - but who cares about light speed? Thor has pretty much zero in terms of combat speed - Spider-man has run rings around him in the past. Thor has flown at superluminal speeds before but i'm willing to bet theres nothing to back up him swinging Mjolnir at 4 times the speed of light other than the fact that he has flown at about that speed before.

Now i'm not of the opinion that because Superman dwarfs Thor in speed that Thor has no chance or that Superman can't lose but I can't pretend that Superman doesn't have everything going for him in this department.

@TrueMarvel said:

and there is no question that thor is more powerful than superman.

um, ok. Thats one argument I suppose.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman is the strongest of all superheroes. That includes Thor.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By GunGunW

@PowerHerc said:

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By gravitypress

@PowerHerc said:

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueMarvel

Superman fanboys are almost as bad as batman fanboys

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By GunGunW

I do, however, agree that in fire power, Thor is more powerful

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sommyt

@PowerHerc: I do not agree

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By marvel123

superman can take thor's lightning

although characters in the marvel universe like sentry, hyperion, and gladiator were inspired by superman.....he's still the one and only

just because sentry or any one else may loose to thor, it doesn't mean a kryptonian would

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sommyt

@Fifthchild: there are scans where he spin it at 3x the speed if lihht....and being that thor caught and passed ego who was traveling at hyperspace at 5000x the speed off light and ego was trying to catch Thor shows his fligjt speed is among the best ..as he has even zoomed by the silver surfer

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@PowerHerc said:

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toptom

@TrueMarvel said:

@Fifthchild:

-Superman travels through space not fighting but purely flying. In the second scan it says "Space bends around him as this speed time slows down" This is describing the process of going light speed. No where in the scan did he go light speed, but approaches it through acceleration after flying for a set amount of time.

Superman even remarks he can't go light speed. Superman can only reach light speed through flying in space at a set velocity. This is near useless in a fight as travel speed is redundant, and combat speed is the speed to determine punches, kicks, ect.

Superman even tells us that he only goes light speed when accelerating. Another instance of travel speed.

This is a popular scan taken from Superman/Batman going FTL. However it is under no indication Superman is going light speed, and is able to have a full conversation with Darkseid the whole way.

To prove Superman cannot fight at light speed like many people suggest here is a scan.

In actuality the electromagnetic shock wave from the bomb was light speed and it hit Superman. This is sufficient enough to show he was not moving at superluminal speeds, and can't react to it either.

Furthermore many people said Superman flew to the Saturn moons at many times the speed of light. However this is completely false, as Superman was in deep space at the time when he heard the news of Lex Luthor being president.

Superman cannot react and fight at the speed he travels, this is constantly shown throughout the comics.

Pounded by Green Lantern

..mmm.....that is totally untrue. superman has flown many times faster than light...and by a huge margin. when you talk about superman defeating then suneater you failed to notice that: 1-superman was weakned by red sun's radiation , 2- despite he was far from being at full power he survived to an explosion 50x bigger than a supernova.

then when he has taken dd into the sun,that was definitely a ftl feat. from earth to thee sun it takes 8 minutes at light speed,and their converstion (even if there wasn't air) didn't seem so long. i can say that it lasted 1 minute (maybe) at least. plus he was carrying dd with him,and that guy is icredibly powerful.

howeve here there are many feats of supes flying MASSIVELY faster than light:

No Caption Provided
flying some LIGHT YEARS in seconds. this is billions times faster than light.
flying some LIGHT YEARS in seconds. this is billions times faster than light.
he has flown under his own power to the andromeda galaxy. time is not given but since he doesn't take to him 10 milions years to go there i can say that this feat is huge.
he has flown under his own power to the andromeda galaxy. time is not given but since he doesn't take to him 10 milions years to go there i can say that this feat is huge.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
flying in minutes or seconds to another star sistem.
flying in minutes or seconds to another star sistem.
No Caption Provided
he flies from vega to earth in minutes. this si billions time faster than light.
he flies from vega to earth in minutes. this si billions time faster than light.
No Caption Provided
flying from earth to sun and coming back in less tha a minute. superman speed >16 light speed.
flying from earth to sun and coming back in less tha a minute. superman speed >16 light speed.
No Caption Provided
this feat is uncalcolable. he has flown to the source ,that is at the END OF THE UNIVERSE,under his own power.
this feat is uncalcolable. he has flown to the source ,that is at the END OF THE UNIVERSE,under his own power.
crossing the whole solar sistem in seconds.
crossing the whole solar sistem in seconds.
No Caption Provided
taking ww into the sun in seconds.
taking ww into the sun in seconds.

later i will post some scans regarding superman reflexes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#20  Edited By Teerack

I like how you put random periods in the title and zero returns in the op.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@toptom:Whilst you have proved Superman can travel at FTL speeds, he cannot fight at FTL speeds. has an excellent forum post on the matter.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d

@TrueMarvel said:

@Fifthchild:

Pounded by Green Lantern

This is actually a good post on the matter. And it is true that if Thor commands his hammer, which is somewhat sentient, it can fly and attack at incredible speeds.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Kallarkz

Superman is the strongest.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Rumble Man

Superman is strong but far from strongest

there is MM, Shazam, C Atom

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tensor

@SlimJ87D: lets not even go there on these scan ,for thor has some very low showing,as a matter of fact when it come to speed an strength superman is way above thor.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@tensor: What's wrong with those scans? They plainly prove that Superman does not battle at FTL. Should I add my argument to his? Here:

In defense

Superman, Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel do not battle at FTL.

How fast is Superman? Sure he can fly at faster than light (FTL), but can he actually move his body at such speeds?

By speculation maybe he can. But from what we have seen, he cannot. Not like the Flash has.

First I will address this notorious scan of Superman chasing Wally.

No Caption Provided

People try and use this scan and the calculation above to show that they are running FTL. Now they misinterpret the scan and ignore all the narration and dialogue that Wally states before he approximates his calculation. He says that if he steals Superman's speed and turns him into a statue like he did to inertia, then it the speed and momentum they are moving at would make it so like he is moving much faster than FTL. Don't believe me, I have more evidence.

No Caption Provided

This is Superman running after Flash, people have used this scan to try and say Superman easily runs at light speed. He is not flying and using his biosphere. Therefore lets accept that he is using his superspeed with his limbs. Look at his facial expression, he is struggling to catch the Flash while the Flash barely seems to exert himself. Now how fast are they actually moving? Here is the scan that people FAIL to post when they are claiming FTL again.

No Caption Provided

Read what Superman says there. He hears something speaking a hypersonic speeds meaning that the Flash, who can use his powers of the speed force to add speed to almost anything even sound itself, is not running near the speed of light here. Superman running slower than Hypderspeeds, scale how fast someone can run to how fast they can punch and you can at least have a good rough estimate of how fast Superman can battle at. I'm currently too lazy to perform the research and claculations.

Lastly, we know what happens when Barry is serious.

And here you go, Black Adam is limited to moving and sprinting with his limbs at Mach 500. Black Adam is someone Superman has NEVER outperformed in speed. He's never been able to speed blitz Black Adam or Captain Marvel, all beings that perform around the same level as each other.

No Caption Provided

I have a better post somewhere else but Truemarvel pretty much nailed it. Superman does not battle or exist in a time where he thinks faster than light. Around sprinting at Mach 500 is a good estimate of his abilities.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slimj87d

Now am I saying thor wins? No. I stated 2 facts. Superman does not battle at light speeds and Thor's hammer can travel by itself faster than light.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By toptom

@Lvenger: @SlimJ87D: yes, it is probably true that superman cannot fight faster than light. but i believe that he has proved to be able to fight at light speed or really just a little under light speed. i think that since he could avoid many blasts of energy,lasers and bolts of lighting during his career.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
here he has speded up his senses to match barry allen's ones...and they are having a long and quite conversation while time is frozen.
here he has speded up his senses to match barry allen's ones...and they are having a long and quite conversation while time is frozen.
here he is running almost at light speed or at light speed.
here he is running almost at light speed or at light speed.
he destroys a gl's construct,wally can not react in time.
he destroys a gl's construct,wally can not react in time.
even if he is weakned by k-nite he is able to see and avoid multiple lasers from a kryptonian spaceship
even if he is weakned by k-nite he is able to see and avoid multiple lasers from a kryptonian spaceship
faster than the lighting
faster than the lighting
No Caption Provided
he is HEAVILY injured by k-nite but he he still able to block and redirect many lasers.
he is HEAVILY injured by k-nite but he he still able to block and redirect many lasers.
No Caption Provided
here he was lying on the ground next to the Entropy Aegis when he tryed to blast Natasha. superman has outraced the blast and saved her.
here he was lying on the ground next to the Entropy Aegis when he tryed to blast Natasha. superman has outraced the blast and saved her.
reacting to zoom
reacting to zoom
No Caption Provided
nanosecond reaction feats.
nanosecond reaction feats.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tensor

@SlimJ87D: incredible speeds not so much, if this was true thor hammer would not take so long to return to thor hands when he is fighting now is it.If that was the case thor would be pretty much be unbeatable, but thor does not think at light speed his brain does not work that fast, an there is no showing of him ever doing such a feat. As far strength superman pretty much wrote the book on it.Feat up on feats from silver age to even the new 52.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

@toptom: The scan with barry I again posted about earlier. Barry was running at hyper speeds, not even super hyper speeds or entry level speeds. He was running without even exerting himself. And Superman barely caught him.

Even existing in these time periods people would be motionless. After they go and eat breakfast. If anything, Barry had to tune his senses to Superman's for them to interact like that.

@tensor: His hammer is sentient, he has asked it to return to him from quite a distance away. He has asked it to travel to places and do things. He can give it a command and it can carry it out if it wanted to. I don't see why it's hard to believe that the Hammer witch flies FTL on its own wouldn't be capable of attacking someone at FTL if he commanded it to. Why he doesn't throw his hammer that fast, maybe because he has morals? I don't know, I'm not a classic Thor expert, a lot of classic Thor people have dozens of scans of him telling his hammer to do things at FTL. One I remember was creating a barrier around juggernaut to cut his power source off. Thor asked the hammer to spin around the both of them so fast that it created a solid barrier and was said to be traveling faster than light from my memory (memory is a little shotty here, you'll have to consult with a classic Thor expert).

So Thor without morals or if he really needed his hammer to aid him, he could tell it to do some devastating things.

How that attack would play out or if it would work against someone like Superman I never commented on. But the hammer is capable of light speed travel, if he threw it and told it to accelerate itself as fast as it can I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The rest of this thread I have not been kept up with. I have not commented on or really care about the strength part. LVenger, one of the biggest Superman fans I know just requested I elaborate on why Superman is not FTL.

Carry on.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By termiteone4ever

Waking me up, back to the vine . Come back to the same craziness . The answer is still superman got this .

Clearly in flight and fighting speed. Fighting against amazo / flash and more . Now this make sense. Now we have seen superman and flash run and foot around the world. Now can any one tell me how fast each foot is moving i am sure its clearly over the speed of light. A punch which is clearly under nano seconds . Due to superman holding back he doesnt really boast his powers. Let me not go there . Again superman got this in all form.

I just recall the simple fight between supergirl and flash recently that happened all in under a second . This is recent i think its the new supergirl 16 . I rest my case thats just an example

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@toptom: Aside from that Zoom one which is clear PIS or Zoom jobbing, those are some impressive feats, particularly this one

Real good reaction feat for Superman.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By toptom

@SlimJ87D said:

@toptom: The scan with barry I again posted about earlier. Barry was running at hyper speeds, not even super hyper speeds or entry level speeds. He was running without even exerting himself. And Superman barely caught him.

Even existing in these time periods people would be motionless. After they go and eat breakfast. If anything, Barry had to tune his senses to Superman's for them to interact like that.

infact i haven't talked about that scan...but barry was running pretty fast since he has criss-crossed north america 5 times in mere seconds.still supes (in the other scan) was able to run at 186.000 miles per second.

"If anything, Barry had to tune his senses to Superman's for them to interact like that." that is not what happened.

however supes can not fight or run faster than light for shure.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@SlimJ87D: And you've performed even better than I knew you could. Though the hammer trick could only go so far with Superman seeing how he could just vibrate through the attack.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I really want to talk about this but I just can't get the misspelling of Strength in the title and then the lack of spacing in the first post. I feel like a huge jerk for even typing this but it had to be said.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KnightRise

@TrueMarvel said:

Superman fanboys are almost as bad as batman fanboys

But not nearly as bad as Thor fanboys

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toptom

@Lvenger said:

@toptom: Aside from that Zoom one which is clear PIS or Zoom jobbing, those are some impressive feats, particularly this one

Real good reaction feat for Superman.

yes,of course zoom is extremely faster than supes but these character jobbers a LOT. actually supes has tagged zoom twice. I am not saying that kal has similar reflexes either,but that is still an amazing feat for him.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By termiteone4ever

@SlimJ87D said:

@TrueMarvel said:

@Fifthchild:

Pounded by Green Lantern

This is actually a good post on the matter. And it is true that if Thor commands his hammer, which is somewhat sentient, it can fly and attack at incredible speeds.

The scans are pretty good . I am not sure of his posted arguments. For examples superman in a double black hole accelerating to go above light speeds in a double black hole. Now with out a gravitational pull or force like that doouble black hole and still moving at that speed . I am not sure the OP is looking from the other side. . He even posted the scan with superman been hit at light speed . IF you even read in the scan he was losing power yet taking a hit like is more durability but still pretty good. . Even the scan where superman misses the bullets and the people dies is a low end feat in that instance but he has performed various feat above that in terms of speed. . I am not sure if any body has the scans when superman says he limits his flying and speed when he moves due to possible destruction it could cause. . His scans does show speed some good and just some low end which every hero has. Thor is not on his leve l interms of combat speeds may be flight speeds but for sure not combat. Again fights with amazo flash and various speeders prove this. Kryptonions reflexes and speed increases as in various fights we see

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By slimj87d

@Lvenger said:

@SlimJ87D: And you've performed even better than I knew you could. Though the hammer trick could only go so far with Superman seeing how he could just vibrate through the attack.

Well we don't know how long it takes for the hammer to accelerate towards light speed. Again, we would need the Thor experts here, they have scans of the instances where Thor has thrown it or asked it to fly a light speeds or above.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By toptom

@Crash_Recovery: 'cause ,no matter what, in supes vs thor threads, speed is always the key factor...too bad for thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@SlimJ87D: True, we would need to see how long it takes for the hammer to accelerate to light speed

@toptom: It depends. Hal once caught Zoom in a construct only for Zoom to easily escape and humiliate Hal. Zoom's blitzed Superman before with ease

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tensor

@SlimJ87D: well for the speed part you want to talk about morals on for thor ,same can be said for superman nobody holds back more, an he has broken the ftl speed on more than one occasion a good example of superman doing that is when he thought super girl was dead an he move so fast the specter had to stop him

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By toptom

@Lvenger: i know,i am not saying that he is faster than zoom or even than the flash. i just said that he was capable to punch zoom twice,thanks to his reaction time.different characters were capable of doing that. of course zoom can still blitz supes with ease. actually he can speedblitz pretty much anyone i think.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slimj87d

@tensor said:

@SlimJ87D: well for the speed part you want to talk about morals on for thor ,same can be said for superman nobody holds back more, an he has broken the ftl speed on more than one occasion a good example of superman doing that is when he thought super girl was dead an he move so fast the specter had to stop him

I don't know where you are going with this. I just pointed out two facts that is all.

Thor is capable of commanding his hammer to go FTL. Can it hit Superman, i don't know. I haven't given it much though.

Superman doesn't battle or move his limbs fast enough for him to run at light speed or above.

As for Thor vs Superman I really don't have a comment on. Sure Thor can command his magic hammer to go after Superman, but Superman operates faster than Thor can think and is more than capable of blitzing him before he tells Mjlonir to do anything. But in character and with Morals, Superman has rarely just had a microsecond battle with people like Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday, etc. So I have no comment on the outcome.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TrueMarvel

NONE of you guys have countered my point. You guys are all depicting supermans TRAVEL SPEED. While accelerating superman CAN travel at the SoL. But his combat speed, as in punching, kicking etc. IS SLOWER THAN WONDER WOMANS. and WW gave the reason why. Because she has been training for years to attain such combat speed. Thor has trained for 1000s of years.

BATMAN said it himself, when superman asked him whether or not he was a faster fighter than Wonder Woman,Batman anwsered: Whose faster, Bruce Lee or Usian Bolt

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By boostergold321

About that scan with Superman and Flash having a conversation at super-speed: Would sound even travel fast enough for them to be communicating that fast?

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By termiteone4ever

@tensor said:

I will see if i can find that scan you talking about .

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d

@termiteone4ever said:

@tensor said:

I will see if i can find that scan you talking about .

It's not hard to find. But what's the point of bring it up, this isn't the same Superman we're using in this battle.

Termite, no offense but I never took any of your post seriously. They're never concrete, always lack detail and you usually randomly jump to say Superman wins. Again, no offense, but this time we're not using that version of Superman which was retconned due to COIE Anti-Monitor. And the argument is if Superman battles at FTL, Truemarvel and I have shown dozens of scans and instances where they explain he travels FTL but he does not battle at FTL.

@TrueMarvel said:

NONE of you guys have countered my point. You guys are all depicting supermans TRAVEL SPEED. While accelerating superman CAN travel at the SoL. But his combat speed, as in punching, kicking etc. IS SLOWER THAN WONDER WOMANS. and WW gave the reason why. Because she has been training for years to attain such combat speed. Thor has trained for 1000s of years.

BATMAN said it himself, when superman asked him whether or not he was a faster fighter than Wonder Woman,Batman anwsered: Whose faster, Bruce Lee or Usian Bolt

They won't be able to answer you. I've performed your debate for the last 1.5 years with new comers on the board all the time.

@boostergold321 said:

About that scan with Superman and Flash having a conversation at super-speed: Would sound even travel fast enough for them to be communicating that fast?

For the Flash, he has a speed force Aura that allows him to lend speed to objects, people, etc. So that's how he can do super speed talk. Think of a bubble around him, anything he chooses to be in that bubble will exist in a different time period.

As for Superman, I don't know how he can speed talk or hear when he's moving faster than sound itself. They never really gave a good or reasonable explanation to it. But maybe he some what manipulates the speed force himself as all speedsters are said to utilize the speed force in some kind of way, but the Flashes just have control over the speed force via speed force aura, etc.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toptom

@TrueMarvel said:

that may not be really accurate.

pre-52 superman is a well trained warrior. he was trained by the greatest fighters in dc univers( batman and wonder woman),plus he has fought for 1000 years no stop in another dimension (the dc's version of asgard) against a race of magical demons that were capable of hurting him.then he has also obtained a boosted brain in 2010 ,when he has recovered his powers after a year.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
he fights for 1000 years straight.
he fights for 1000 years straight.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

.....so wonder woman is not faster than him,and thor is not more skilled than him ( or if he is,he hasn't shown it). another great example of skill and speed is this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

here superman is fighting with a (magical) japanese god of war,using some hypersonic kung-fu moves.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By termiteone4ever

@SlimJ87D:

Thanks for the scan . None offence taken. I dont argue on here like i use too any more. I make random factual statements that is it.

Now i know what the argument is . Yes we have confirmed he can move faster than the speed of light travel speed . Yes the double black hole scan confirms that . Now battle combat speeds . This is my argument we have seen superman battle high speed foes including flash amazo and various bunch or heroes and villian. Lets use this as one example ( Just recently in super girl 16 i think when she fought against flash . its rare DC stresses on combat speeds between high level speedsters but they stress how long it normally last. The fight between Supergirl and the flash lasted under a second and supergirl was still learning. Now superman also moves at these high levels of speed while fighting high speed opponents. Now to calculate the movements of their arms and legs movements in these high level combat fights i might as well say its more than enough,