The Paragons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By Quietus

Walking along the dusty halls of the old Paragon headquarters was like walking through a cemetery of heroic ideals and hopes.

The Paragon initiative had hoped to unite the world through being a beacon. But that idea had failed. These days, it seemed all groups that dared call themselves heroes failed.

All members of the Paragons were either dead or forgotten by now, even the Paragon of Power, Kurt Pendragon had forgotten from where he had begun.

But there was still hope. One had remained.

---

Julius Jones walked through the seemingly deserted building as his finger touches the wall, trailing dust as he folded his arms. He knew who resided here. Who had lived here in exile for years after years.

The Shadow of D.C made his way through the base and sat in the ex-team headquarters, removing a cigar from his jacket pocket and lighting it up. He sat there smoking, waiting for the forgotten Paragon to arrive.

@the_puzzler:

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thing takes me back lol.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Quietus

@the_shogun: Seriously does. I was just telling Psy, this is two years old and not been touched. There is so much rich history in this RPG section it's astounding. I remember how much energy me and Eclipse put into creating this entire team (which failed :P) and it seems like yesterday. Two years all archived here. Crazy to think about for me at least.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to put together a new justice league- esque team.

And oh my god whoever RP'ed as quickster if your still around I want to RP FF and quickster badly lol

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire: He's not around sadly. Been gone for a couple of years now. This team is a relic of a distant past.

Also you should have joined this new team with Flash Fire :P

Avatar image for maximus_attilius
Maximus_Attilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And oh my god whoever RP'ed as quickster if your still around I want to RP FF and quickster badly lol

I miss Quickster, man. Your characters would have gone bros really quick lol

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus: Damn.

I would've but Flash IC just lost his mom and took over her company lol

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By TheFlashFire

@theflashfire said:

I miss Quickster, man. Your characters would have gone bros really quick lol

:(

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire: Oh :P Well, if he ever needs help Julius wouldn't mind. Owning a company.... CIA has some advisers for that xD

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus:

There is so much rich history in this RPG section it's astounding.

So true. There are entire storylines that have faded into distant memory because literally everyone involved in the storyline is gone so there is no one left to talk about them and reference them. There is a ton of canon. Its amazing what has been built in such a short time.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus:

"Oh sure, walk right in. Kick up your f?cking boots while you're at it." A voice called from the shadows. The sound of a flip lighter clicking open echoed, just as Puzzler had floated down from a higher level.

After lighting his cigarette, his red and green gaze was fixed on Julius. His eyes said it all, this stranger knew who Puzzler was, what he could do. Even then, he didn't seem intimidated. Didn't need mind reading for that.

"Got a reason for being here, cyclops? Or you just looking for heroes that aren't around anymore?" Puzzler sneered, taking a long drag of his smoke.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:

Julius finished his last puff of the cigar as Puzzler spoke, his one eye drifting to the hero lazily. Spiller was no joke, an omega class telekinetic mutant could end his life quicker than a breath, and that's exactly why he wanted this hero on his team. "You once made a promise." Julius put the cigar down as he interlocked his fingers, addressing the unorthodox hero directly. "A promise that I still think you're capable of keeping." He stood, taking out his lighter and flicking the switch, the fire sways from side to side as he spoke. "There ain't no heroes here?"

No Caption Provided

Julius placed the lighter down upon a table as he looked up at the hopeful hero. "You can't keep living in the past, Mr Lancer." His hand found itself resting on the lighter. "Burn this place down and come with me. Burn away the failure the Paragons were and step out of the ashes with me, reborn.

I know one green man that would be more than eager to see his old friend... Brother." Julius turned away, speaking as he started to leave the facility. "I know you want to do right by your promise, Puzzler. To finally be that hero you've always craved of being. Now burn this bitch down and come with me, if I don't see smoke in five minutes, I'll take my leave...."

Avatar image for superior_nobody
Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus:

Remember how Eclipse thought we were annoying? lol

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By Superior_Nobody

@quietus:

Yeah, he was cool. It was hilarious how we derailed that PM with our crap.

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember some of that old school/new school tension lol.

Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Superior_Nobody

@quietus:

Yeah. I also particularly got told off for figuruing out that Superior Sapien was G. lol

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Quietus

@the_shogun: Me and Eclipse spent ages planning this Paragon team in PM and I just read back on the (fifty page) PM and GOD there was some type of tension. But it was a kind of friendly tension. Like, we really wanted to work with each other making this team but you could tell the newbie (me) frustrated Eclipse (the vet) to no end. LOL But he tolerated me :P

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus:

Eclipse wanted to keep it a suprise for everyone. lol

I just went back a couple of pages and found a post of him admiting to everyhting.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus: Eclipse was cool and I liked his writing. But at the end of the day you were the guy that could make or break a team. New things always replace old things. I remember some of the same tension when you did Ronin's Rest with one of those old teams you revived (can't actually remember which one!).

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Quietus

@the_shogun: The Champion's of Peace. Oh, God. That tension was horrific. You should have seen the PM. Trying to tell vets how to run a team and run it how I wanted to.

There was lots of this.

No Caption Provided

This

No Caption Provided

And finally this.

Once I realized not just making my team from scratch was 100 times a better idea to begin with :P
Once I realized not just making my team from scratch was 100 times a better idea to begin with :P
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus:

Julius was pushing all of Puzzler's buttons the longer he talked. Already wondering if he should pull his heart out of his ass, or pull his ass out of his mouth.

Finally though, he flicked the right switch. Either eye patch was talking about that alien he once saw while tripping balls on acid and LSD... Or he was talking about Kurt... Probably Kurt.

Just to be an asshole though, Puzzler scoffed at the offer, pretending as if it didn't interest him in the slightest. But as soon as Julius left, fifteen minutes before he left for good was when Puzzler walked over to the lighter. "Burn it down eh? More than one way fo skin a f?cking cat."

Puzzler pocketed the lighter, then raised his open hand high, punk ass grin bigger than ever.

"Place waa gettin' boring anyway!" He shouted, quickly clenching his hand into a fist. A TK implosion engulfed the entire base, collapsing in mere moments on itself.

There was indeed smoke, more than Julius was probably expecting. And out of the debris and dust, floated an unharmed Puzzler, who landed right beside the D.C Shadow just outside the compound. "This better not be a dick pulling waste of my time..."

Quietus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler: (Short but sweet. Thanks! New thread shall be up soon. )

Julius chuckled as the smell of smoke and the clash of debris was followed by the arrival of Spiller Lance. He turned to the hero, nodding with a genuine smile. "Thank you." He was pleased the Puzzler had opted to joining, although had no doubt in his mind that it would have happened. With the Paragon's gone, it was now time to start anew.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quietus: Hahahaha, I can only imagine. I mean, I wasn't in the PM or anything. And I could pick up strong hints just seeing the messages posted in the RR/CoP thread. The PM had to be crazy lol.

I remember it kinda annoying me at the time because in my perspective I saw it as you carrying their team and them not exactly being grateful. The CoP was three feet into the grave when I was new, then you came along and saved them, and they didn't have anything positive to say about it. Kinda got under my skin a little more than it would have otherwise because of the parallels between that situation and the Prime/CVnU thing.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#327 wildvine  Moderator

Locked by request