The Fool

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

[ Five part mini-story just for some fun and to get me back to rpging properly, feed back would be awesome you guys and very much appreciated hope you enjoy ;) ]

9:45PM 31st October - Halloween Night

A thud is heard as his foot slams down hard on the icy roof tops, it’s much colder than usual for this time of year; perfect just the way he wanted it. Tripping slightly he regained his balance and sprinted on jumping and leaping over gaps and small alleyways. This chase had lasted for thirty minutes and it was time to end it. Extending his arm forward sharply the nearest man in front of him was telekinetically thrown off of his feet. The roof tiles broke off and fell to earth in time with his target. Coming to an abrupt halt near the slightly damaged rooftop the young man didn't hesitate for a second before jumping off the two story home. The winds circled him and instead of a bone crushing fall he landed with a gentle thud. The fallen man began to slowly and pathetically crawl away; the femur in his right leg was now visible through the dark blood stained tear in his trousers. If this hadn't have been a member of the particular group he was focused on he wouldn't have dared do anything as aggressive or hurtful on the contrary he would've done everything in his power to protect and help them. However this man was who he was looking for so restraint wasn't an option.

Looking up at the rooftops the witch had run off and was far enough away that she’d be safe for now at least. Walking the short few steps towards the injured older man, Michael again telekinetically lifted him into the air only this time he smashed him against the wall, a howl of pain echoed through the alleyway, the constrained man’s eyes shifted towards the opening of the alley where a bow lay; broken and useless he smirked at the sight of it. Standing right in front of the terrified face Michael smiled at him and then moved his arm ignoring the flinch of his prey he reached towards one of the arrows. Keeping his hand away from the arrow head he took the nearest and examined it from beginning to end. His voice was harsh and clear “Poisoned arrow head you hunters are getting smarter, though not smart enough that witch could have blocked this easily if she was so scared.” Twirling the arrow casually in his right hand the left was still outstretched holding the man in place.

The young witch was impatient and on a time schedule, it was time to cut the crap get down to business “Listen hunter I'm going to give you two options one you tell me voluntarily where the leader of your hunter group is and I’ll let you go I’ll even heal that leg wound of yours. On the other hand we could go the more awkward way which I really don’t feel comfortable doing but it would protect another innocent person from you an….” His words were cut short when the hunter’s rough arrogant voice interrupted him:

“Innocent” he shouted “you people are an abomination to God and all things sacred in this world and I’d rather die than betray my brothers and sisters.”

He gave an involuntary role of his eyes and a sigh. As quick as possible Michael stabbed the poison tipped arrow into the man's side just below his rib cage but only lightly as a warning. “Now what was I saying….ohh yeah we could have done this better but hey your choice I guess” placing pressure on the arrow pushing it ever so slightly deeper into the wound “Come on I need something you know” Michael said his frustration intensifying yet no answer was given “Fine then I always wanted to try this never really got the chance till now” letting go of the arrow he clutched his the man's throat and looked straight into his eyes. Michael concentrated on his intentions, intensified them, channelled them and his practice paid off as the pupil of his victim contracted slightly signifying his control “You’re going to tell me everything you know about your hunt” he said his voice like a whisper. Within seconds the victim replied in a dull monotone voice “We were ordered by our divine leader to kill the Witch, the Vampire, the Succubus, the Medium and the Werewolf” he finished speaking which Michael assumed meant that he knew nothing else but just as he was about to push the arrow further to kill him his hand began to shake he couldn't bring himself to do it as much as he hated this man he just couldn't something kept him from finishing the hunter off. What ounce of compassion could possibly be telling him that this scum deserved to live, eventually though much to his annoyance his conscience and compassion won. Venom dripping from every word he spoke “Good now you’re going to forget everything that happened tonight, you’re going to go find a phone and call for an ambulance and when they ask, you say you were practising for a hunting trip at the weekend when you had an accident with the string on your bow.” Letting go of his mental command and his telekinetic grip the extremely disoriented man fell to the ground and immediately took out his cellphone and called 911.

Walking out into the moonlight Michael took out his own cellphone and speed dialled his sister, the cold was beginning to subside but his own breath still fogged up the screen. A short click and a young female voice broke his silent waiting “Well…?” she spoke “Your tip was right there’s a major hunt but we just need to find out who by” he replied “Did you find out anything else?" His sister spoke “I know their not just hunting Witches their going for other species so you had better get to searching for other attacks If we want to avoid a massacre.” Seconds from hanging up his sister spoke again “What about the hunter?” glancing back over his shoulder his victim was slouched against a wall holding both his leg and his ribcage “One down, four to go” another click ended the call and a gust of wind whisked the eighteen year old away over the city the darkness of the night sky engulfing him entirely.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By _Sojourn_

Welcome back

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@_Sojourn_: Thank you! never really fully left just was horrendously lazy rpg-wise in the past few months.