User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuma_far

No Caption Provided

Extracts from conversations recorded on SG-66 black box

Distant Future..... Bzzzzt 
World Destroyed....Bzzzt 
Billions Dead.....Dea.....Plague........Bzzzzzt 
Search Fo...... Patien........ Ero..........Bzzzzzzt 
Prepa....Jum......Star....Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.  

End of Transmission.....

HERD-X194 Model Data

I.D  SG-66 
Height:  1. 80 mts 
Weight:  100 Kg (Mostly of TDF Alloy, allowing the Jump) 
Type: High Efficiency Replicant Droid 
Function: CLASSIFIED 
Primary Directive: Search and Destroy 
Secondary Directive: CLASSIFIED 
Design by: Dr. A. Stoutheim 
Built in: LWOE workshop 
Year of Construction: 645 A.P (After Plague)

HERD Class Robots

(Extract from Guide to Robotics, published in the year 4335) 
Robots built for multipurpose task, they are well balanced and can specialize in several areas, they are cheap to build and easy to repair, there customizable models, but there are quite rare. This model was designed by the great genius of our century, Dr. Omh, and is increidble efficient in it's energy output, and since it's solar powered is almost impossible for this model to run dry of energy.

Mostly used for civilian purposes, the HERD are equiped with A.I circuits, to replicate human behaviour, this chips are based on real humans, that let the building companies to copy their brain patterns and replicate them, giving the robot personality traits but erasing all memory from the human patterns, creating a fake personality, they also are covered in a skin-like subtance, to better inclussion into society, since some of our buyers think that the metalic outlook is unfriendly, so we designed this mass of nanobots that give the illusion of skin, replicating complex movements around articulation and even capable of creating fake hair . 

In some cases the HERD class haves been designed or modified for battle, since it's low cost, easy manufacutre, and decent power output made them extremely good footsoldiers, since they were cheap and their plating was decent enough to withstand most conventional bullets. The models designed or modified are identified with a letter X before it's serial number, their speed and strenght have being enhanced and the platting reinforced, also the A.I is replicated from a soldier, and even they can replicate the expirience and training so the Robot doesnt need further preparation. 

But even with all it's advantages this model was discontinued after some years since there were detected some minor bugs on their programming, written by Dr. Omh colaborator Dr. F. Stoutheim, that caused minor technical issues, and some strange and bizarre personality bugs, Dr. F. Stoutheim insisted that was some kind of evolution of his original program, as if the experiences that the robot had since it was on, affected the personality implants at long term, but Dr. Omh thought of it as a simple bug, so he cut the condtruction line and turn his attention into the newer models. 

From Dr. A. Stoutheim Desk

(Extract From "History After the Plague" written by Dr. M. Stoutheim) 

The Plague

Almost 650 years ago, the world, a utopic place, were most of the work was made by robots, and humans grew into the sedentarism, and the world was falling in slumber, people lived more and mated less, making the population stagnant. But suddenly an old disease, long forgotten by the humans popped up agian, but this time the medical science didnt knew how to fight it, and the disease had evolved wihtout control, since the cities were surrounded by walls, that kept the Utopias separated from the wastelands, created by the 3rd Robotic War, almost 400 years beofre the plague outbreak. 

The plague easily maimed the population and started taking it's toll on robotic beings to since, for some bizarre evolutionary twist, it seemed that the virus also affected inorganic matter, this took the scientists in charge of fighting the plague to one conclussion, that the disease wasnt natural, that someone enhanced it, or even designed it to have the same effects like that almost forgotten disease but with several extras. The first outbreak took half of the population with it, and the other half panicked, it was just like before, the streets crowded with people running widly and trying to plunder as much as they could. 

It was humanity darkest hour, but somehow we managed to survive, since the scientist discovered that the virus was a extremely small nanobot swarm, with a design to advanced to exist, almost as if was truly a virus. The humanity fell into 100 years of darkness and savagery, but we got throught and created small towns and cities, with strong commercial ties, since we still had some robotic manpower and we could easily construct building and grow vegetables, that were wild and had some parts of the wasteland covered in green....

SG-66

As we struggled to live in this small oasis, we started to lose communication with the other communities, and with each day we lost more members of our community, either human or robots. slowly but steady we were losing manpower, and to solve that, my father deviced a way to transplant a human mind into the carcass of non functioning robots, and so most of us left our weaker and sickened bodies to enter a metallic prision. This wasnt a good idea, but our bodies were decaying faster than we could fight off the nanobots, and so, most of us turned into cybernetic beings, but we kept our memories, and start trying to survive 

As our number kept falling I searched a way to fight the nanites, and so I searched in the piles of scrap for old models of replicants, since them used old nanite technology to create skin, I thought that I could use Nanites to fight Nanites. So I entered one of the cities, which name was long forgotten, and searched throught the rubble, according to my grandfather log, there was an old factory near the city main park, and I searched for it, day turned to weeks, and weeks to months. I knew that this place was there, and I was sure that the nanobots could help us, at least to increase the useful life of our robotic bodies. 

I was about to give up hope, and not only that, since I was about to give up life, since my droid body started decaying, but as I walked one morning I accidentally got my leg trapped in a hole, and as I forced the ground while trying to lift my leg, the floor suddenly broke, and I fell into a chamber, there was him, a perfectly and uncorrupted HERD-X model, it was enclosed in a contaiment tube for some reason, and seemed untouched by the plague, I decided to stay there to study him, and so I opened the tube, suddenly a faint alarm sound started beeping, as the tube lost the vacuum sealing it had, lifting a small dust cloud. 

The Droid started moving, he was perfect, the skin was smooth and human like, his expression were also amazing, his face was almost human, changing from calm to shocked in a single moment, as he looked around, I must admit I felt ridiculous, I was almost a pile of rusty Iron with a brain on top, he was perfect, just if he was a god, a Messiah to save us, but my initial surprise was even greater when he just passed out, yes anyone that reads this will ask, Passed out? Wasnt him a Robot?, Yes he was a robot, but strange at it's seems he simply fell into the ground and didnt react to outer stimules, even with his systems online, a weird thing. 

Technical Notes

I studied his desing, for a HERD class he was just amazing, he was severly customized and sported several weapon systems, and a secondary plating, the alloy his inner structure was covered was unknown to me, and managed to withstand anything I attack it with, lasers, saws and even my little science proyect, a miniature nuke, but the alloy was intact, the upper skin and wiring got a little bit messed up, but his nanites repaired him fastly, I even tried a concentrated stream of Plague nanites but was in vain, he seemed indestructible, but since I didn try it all, since my resources were low, I never found a weak point (2dA : In theory Magnetism could work, but finding powerul magnets is troublesome)    

The Alloy not only protects the core, and other vital functions, it generates some kind of undifined energy field, but scanning the particles generated doesnt add much, I cant discover what is this radiation for, there is some kind of minor disruption around him, but I cant classifacte the effects, it's a mystery, but with the proper study it can be discovered. He also is full of weapons, using a compression system that allows him to reconfigure his parts to design new weapons on the run, as I stated before the weapons system is somehow deactivated, and it seems I cannot start it with the technology at hand. 

But the most amazing is his A.I, is not only more advanced that a regular HERD, it's just incredible, the sheer complexity of the A.I is astounding, I bet that this unit is an example of my ancestor experiments on A.I, as he tried to understand the creation of bugs in a so called incorruptible programing, created by Dr. Omh. If i activated him he would react almost as a human, I could even have a conversation with him, since his programming not only includes the Soldier replication software but he also haves an enhanced version of the classical HERD model A.I, and a vast database of information, I'm looking foward to re-activate him.

Travel Log

I decided to look for a energy source strong enough to repower SG-66, since now I'm not tied to this city anymore, all the others rusted as I was studying the HERD model, I should feel sad, but I've never felt any kind of personal connection with them, since I replicated my personality. I travelled towards the biggest city that was still standing, in hopes of finding a energy signature I detected long ago, but never got any reason to check it out, this time I'm going straight to it. I hope my supplies are enough to reach my destination. I load the contaiment tube and some of my tools in the truck and set off towards the city.  

The trip there was calm, no signs of life or civilization, I constanly checked my supplies and SG-66, but I didnt expected to find the energy source, this was my last ride in this godforsaken world, and the last time I would move, since my robotic body was running it's last miles. I reached the city, but my surprise was inmense when I detected some movement in the ruins, somehow some robots were still working, but sadly the Plague got into their mainframe, and they were unable to control their actions, and to add more problems all of them were War-oriented Droids, MDKD models, ready to attack anything that moved near them.

I needed to think fast, and so I decided to search for a underground passage to reach the city main generator, and after two days of circling the walls until I found a forgotten subway station, and entered throught the stairs, once I've got in the tracks and used my equipment to locate my exact location, I started moving towards the Main energy Generator. Once I've got there I worked fast and pluged SG-66 to the main output, and hoped for the best as I rebooted the mainframe. The sudden surge of energy was excesive, since the generator was set into a pasive mode and gathered energy since it was turned off last time. 

The energy surge alerted the MDKD models that moved towards our location, as the inner core of SG-66 recharged and he got online once again. His face showed confusion and fear, he was scared and rised from the tube, breaking it in the process, he tried to speak, but it seems that his voice system was still offline, and he simply freaked out. I tried to calm him down, but he moved so fast my sensors didnt detected him, the HERD-X jumped throught the nearest window and fell towards the ground, and his face turned from insecure fear to open terror, he watched the biggest city in the world reduced into a pile of ruins and scraps.  

He finally got his voice back and shouted in terror as he detected the incoming bots, and as he fell over them, his body, that was simply covered by simple clothes was covered in a jet black suit of armor, and blades popped from his wrists and his eyes glowed in bright blue, it seemed that he was programmed to engage any target that was a possible threat to him, and the robots didnt had a chance, he was faster and stronger than a common model, and his weapons were simply superb, he was a masterpiece from toes to top, and I was simply a pile of scrap metal that could barely walk, I had no chance to beat him, and so I started running away 

No Caption Provided
The droids were enough to even tire him out, and so he finished them quickly, destroying each of them and rushed towards me, in my state I couldnt move fast, so he manage to catch up before I left the main generator room, he landed after running up the wall from the base floor up to the 6th floor, he stopped with his eyes light being the only light in the room, he stared at me as if he was hunting a prey, he walked without hurry towards me. I thought this was my end, killed by the same thing I tried so hard to save, but in my deseperation I remembered my own notes, and knowing that the generator will create some kind of magnetic field I activated it, and a sudden flare of energy created an arc between SG-66 and the main console, as the droid started shaking and suddenly dissapeared in a blinding light, leaving only a trail of the strange radiation his plating had..... 

Now I'm ready to die.... the last intelligent being on earth, killed by his own curiosity.... as they said before..... The curiosity killed the cat.......

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By talon_x23

Looks Promising and really interesting. Welcome to the vine look forward to seeing you around and for reading more on your bio. 

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By kuma_far
@Talon/X23:
Edited and added more 

Tomorrow I will continue, I'm going to work 
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By talon_x23

I like it! and alright look forward to it!

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kuma_far
@Talon/X23: Edited it, only need to put the RPG stats
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegreatfour
@The Dark Huntress: I new you would get to this at one point
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_
@thegreatfour: Noticed it last night. I was going to leave it if it wasn't bumped. :P
kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kuma_far
@The Dark Huntress:  Ok didnt noticed that.... 
Gonna post there right now and add the RPG stats