Sanctum of Cryptic Sources (CVnU Living/Public Location)

Fables_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ulysses_baron: I have to say that your description of Indomitable Will as a power was quite genius

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables_: Thank you, I had some help through the site that is superpower wiki

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Fables_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulysses_baron:

His resume was impressive, Matilda would not dispute his acclaims. If they were all true was a different question all together. She would notice that Ulysses had panache that seemed to blend with her bluntness - the unique blend of personalities which made her wonder did Surreal encounter such discussions.

You talk a good talk, Ulysses. A being of such references a good thing to have in my contact list. Which made the new Sorceress Supreme wonder who else he worked with. The edge between divine and demon was a shady area even before she lived in the Sanctum. He boasted to be accomplished, so what business did he want with her. What did he want from the Gatekeeper of the Arcane. It makes me wonder how do I benefit you?

Matilda was not one to believe in coincidence though. There were things happening, things she noticed things that seemed to shed more toward Ulysses side of the mystical spectrum. Tell me Ulysses, have you ever heard of a being called Dorcor?

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables_: He was persuading her, a tasked he assumed upon first impression would be impossible. Yet, he hadn't had time to relax under this realization, instead he simply needed to keep the same pace. Not pushing too hard to see pushy or laying back to seem comfortable. It was a balance that he -as a divine socialite- he knew he was good at, dealing with volatile personalities daily helped as well.

When she asked how he would benefit her, he would've answered it weren't followed up by another, much more pressing one. Dorcor. He never has set foot near him, or the dreaded realm the fabled entity was said to reside in, but he has heard stories. Stories that made him thankful for avoiding the presence. A slight crack in his cordial demeanor appeared when she mentioned his name, his smile turned stale and his eyes looked past her. "Yes, I have heard about the dark god. Tales from Athena mostly, I've never set foot near him, nor do I plan on it. I'm not so fond about losing my mind or becoming corrupted beyond repair. I've heard stories of those who wish to seek darker powers, gods, mortals and otherwise, about how they set foot into the realm and never return, or at least return in ways that mattered. They'd come back, as either twisted versions of themselves or shells of madness."

His rambling became realized to him and he quickly regained his composition. "As for your earlier question, ol Gatekeeper Of The Arcane. It is your Gate-keeping that would benefit me the most, as well as your knowledge of the mystical. I'd be more than satisfied with you allow me access in mystical realms so I both learn and retrieve items me or my patrons, may need."A golden pen appeared in his hand, it lacked any mystical properties but it shined with an almost godlike authority. He tossed it upon the contract, as if he was in no rush, because he wasn't "Essentially, I'd like to gain that, as well as the credible Sorceress Supreme as an ally, in the exchange of my own services as a diplomat and a swindler, as well as my connections to various gods and godlies. But before you answer, may I ask why do you mention the Dreadful One?"

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fables_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulysses_baron:

His hesitancy at the Dread Lord was quite apparent, bordering on the scales of fear, at least sincere worry, with the break of confident posture. She had heard of the same tales of madness in dark abyss, but Matilda couldnt shake the feeling of something escaping the dreaded dimension.

Matilda considered Ulysses' words carefully, more so now than ever since she was the Sorceress Supreme. It was then Ulysses asked the question she feared many of times in her heard. No matter how many times she heard it, the answer always alluded her. Its...she thought of her next words very carefully as she hesitated a moment, its just a feeling. Like a dream within a dream just out of my reach of comprehension.

Matilda gathered herself once more, her blank expression of why she was mentioning the Dreadful One shifted sharply back to her brash self. The Sanctum serves as a vital area to the physical realm. My job as overseer to it being one of them. I am more than willing to help you in matters of the arcane since you offered your services too. Like many before you, I shall grant you passage with the Sanctum, but I cannot give you carte blanche access to it. The Sanctum cannot be part of a divine political battle and as such, I will still need to approve passage. Those are not my terms Ulysses. Those are the terms of any that wield this title.

Ulysses_Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables_: The Spirit Of Willpower had his fair deal of orcales and prophecies, tales that were said to be blessed by destiny herself. And yet, the words, "Like a dream within a dream" didn't strike as mere hocus-pocus. They weighed more than she potentially knew, for she was no simple oracle or fortune telling, she was the Supreme. Ulysses's face didn't reflect the darkness of his thoughts, the images of the Dorcor breaching from the unknown intruded into his thoughts. An event more grievous than the Norse gods' Ragnorak or the escape of Typhon from his prison.

"Well, let's hope it's nothing more than a dream" The words came as reassurance, but he knew it was futile. He had to prepare, just in case. And this alliance was going to become a start, potentially unite the arcane and divine in an united front.

As she spoke her terms and conditions, the contract itself reflected such, it shifted and changed from its arcane language into plain English. No loopholes, no exceptions."Those terms are acceptable and reasonable. And I wish for nothing more than the avoidance of divine political battles, those tend to become physical a lot more quickly than you'd imagine." He picked up the pen and went to sign his end of the contract, before stopping, looking up at her with curiosity. "Although I'd like to know, what would your terms be. Or would that just be flipping me off and telling me to kiss your keester?"