Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Scorch_
No Caption Provided

What is known about Muspelheim to mortals;

In Norse mythology, Muspelheim (Old Norse: Múspellsheimr), also called Muspell (Old Norse: Múspell), is a realm of fire. This realm is one of the Nine Worlds, ruled by Surty The denizens of Muspelheim were usually referred to as the eldjötnar ("Fire Giants") in Norse tradition, though they were also identified by other epithets in Eddic poetry, such as the Múspellssynir (or Múspellsmegir — "sons of Muspell") and the Rjúfendr (from rjúfa— "to break, tear asunder", Destroyers of Doomsday).Both of these terms sometimes described an entirely separate mythological species that dwelled alongside or in place of the eldjötnar within this fiery realm. Muspelheim is fire; and the land to the North, Niflheim, is ice. The two mixed and created water from the melting ice in Ginnungagap. The sun and the stars originate from Muspelheim.

According to the Ragnarök prophecies in Snorri Sturluson's Gylfaginning, the first part of his Prose Edda, the sons of Muspell will break the Bifröst bridge, signaling the end of times:

Muspelheim is a fiery hot region to the south and lowest of the other 8 worlds, vanaheim, midgard, asgard, Niffleheim,Jotunheim, svartalfheim, alfheim and nidavellir. It is said the sparks from Muspel became the sun, moon and the stars, and the realm is inhabited by fire demons and giants, enslaved to their ruler. It is a medium sized planetary body in that it is roughly the size of Asia, though most of it is completely wild and untamed. It stretches with vast ranges of volcanic mountains and toxic gases make up most of the atmosphere. It is currently ruled by Scorch, the demon king slew it's previous ruler, a weak and pitiful fire drake and gained control.

City of Pyronious

No Caption Provided

The largest and only colonized area of Muspelheim. It is mostly a network of black obsidian buildings where the more intelligent fire demons reside. It is plagued with mile deep pits of magma and fire, and is surrounded by massive volcanoes. From the sides of the buildings poor lava, and at the heart of the city lies a massive volcano where Scorch resides.

Most of the buildings house worker demons and members of Scorch's army, ones gifted with higher intelligence than your average mindless beast found nearly everywhere upon the hellish realm. The worker demons get to live in the protection of the city within houses, and in turn they mine and build, usually weaponry and armor for Scorch's army.

Heart of the Inferno, Scorch's Castle

No Caption Provided

Located upon the far northern out-reaches of the City, Heart Of the Inferno is a marvel of supernatural architectural ability and is dotted with intricate designs and structure made to exemplify the taste of their Demonic ruler. Dragons are common sight among the outer walls, and from the back of the magnificent castle, a river of lava spews relentlessly onto the hellish terrain. The interior of the palace holds over 5,000 rooms, and houses demonic political figures to ensure the rain of their leader. It is said at the upper-most chambers lies the personal rooms of Scorch himself

The Demons

WIP

Infernal Army

WIP

Rules

• All CvNu rules apply
  • Don't blow the place up, destruction of places outside the city is tolerated
  • Preferred you have a decent reason to come here
  • Sell the army and defenses if you attack ( when it's made)

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to clarify this is an empire; but not one YOU own correct. Because for you to be Surtr or own such a local you'd have to go through the empire rules. Or spark a conversation about the rights of Surtr(note it's typically frowned upon to be a preexisting concept such as Thor Hercules etc)

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@vocal said:

Just to clarify this is an empire; but not one YOU own correct. Because for you to be Surtr or own such a local you'd have to go through the empire rules. Or spark a conversation about the rights of Surtr(note it's typically frowned upon to be a preexisting concept such as Thor Hercules etc)

I believe that if the empire isn't located in Earth's solar system, the empire creation process can be bypassed. You might be right about Surtr though.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Totes gonna come here, my character has a history with evilz)

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: it is a known location though. One couldn't just say they own Asgaurd after all

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: Semi confused. Your comment says one thing, but the OP clearly relates it to the Nine Realms (as in Norse mythology). In order to have the empire and/or say you killed the previous ruler (i.e. Surtr), at the very least you'd need to open up a topic and invite discussion before moving forward.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dubious...

We'll wait. Impero should be in on it as well.

@fraga@aphasic [Not sure what account you're primarying right now.]

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright ^-^

Avatar image for arthur_macgargan
Arthur_MacGargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Norse mythos mate. Gonna exorcise my skills here.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga said:

@leonardo_liafador: @arquitenens:

Okay, after reading the thread, I can see the problem.

One thing that was pointed out that's correct is that yes while its an empire, its not one that exists in the Solar System so you'd think that bypassing the empire rules would be perfectly fine in this case. And it is.

But. There is a problem.

Muspelheim is a fiery hot region to the south and lowest of the other 8 worlds, vanaheim, midgard, asgard, Niffleheim,Jotunheim, svartalfheim, alfheim and nidavellir.

What does this imply? That your Muspelheim is the Muspelheim of Norse Mythology. Because in Norse Mythology, there are 9 worlds. That quoted extract from the OP clearly states that of those 9, your Muspelheim is one of them so unfortunately, despite what you're saying regarding it not being part of Norse Mythology, the OP says otherwise. You'll have to change that. Maybe adding that in addition to the 9 worlds, there's a counterpart to the traditional Muspelheim which would be this one, thus making it clear that its an entirely new world that you created. To summarize what I just pointed out, your OP doesn't say "This is a location similar to the Muspelheim of Norse Mythology", it says that it is the Muspelheim of Norse Mythology.

In Norse mythology, Muspelheim (Old Norse: Múspellsheimr), also called Muspell (Old Norse: Múspell), is a realm of fire. This realm is one of the Nine Worlds, ruled by Surty The denizens of Muspelheim were usually referred to as the eldjötnar ("Fire Giants") in Norse tradition, though they were also identified by other epithets in Eddic poetry, such as the Múspellssynir (or Múspellsmegir — "sons of Muspell") and the Rjúfendr(from rjúfa— "to break, tear asunder", Destroyers of Doomsday).Both of these terms sometimes described an entirely separate mythological species that dwelled alongside or in place of the eldjötnar within this fiery realm. Muspelheim is fire; and the land to the North, Niflheim, is ice. The two mixed and created water from the melting ice in Ginnungagap. The sun and the stars originate from Muspelheim.

According to the Ragnarök prophecies in Snorri Sturluson's Gylfaginning, the first part of his Prose Edda, the sons of Muspell will break the Bifröst bridge, signaling the end of times:

Another extract from your OP. I even underlined where you directly referenced this Muspelheim as being the one in Norse Mythology. And even references the Muspilli poem that speaks of Muspelheim playing a very big part in the Norse Ragnarok.

Here's the problem. While its not an empire in the Solar System, what you did do however, is claim something from a well known mythology without starting a discussion thread to see if anyone else wanted to do what you wanted to do or if they wanted to do something with Muspelheim. One of the most important CVnU rules is that if you want to do something big with a real-world mythology, you have to start a discussion thread to see if anyone else might have already been planning to do something similar so that it doesn't cause creative conflict.

So what you can do is one, you can edit the OP and make it clear that this Muspelheim isn't the Muspelheim of Norse Mythology but just a world that happens to be similar (maybe a mysterious 10th world that eluded mortals which is why its believed that there are only Nine Worlds). Or you can start a discussion thread.

Basically this is what Az and I were saying.

Also, if going with the former (making it a similar world, but not the same thing), I would highly recommend changing the name to something...else. First, because it's more creative to have an original name, and second because it avoids confusion if we're not looking at two Muspelheims.

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: I'm planning on posting an empire that has the same name as another one from fiction and the empire will have some mild changes

Is that allowed?

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vocal

See but when you see Muspelheim, Asgaurd, Heaven really anything of myth you'd think it's of that myth. Yeah it may be comic vines version of the realm but it's still that realm in this scenario. Marvels Asgaurd is Asgaurd by their mythos. Same logic sounds like it's implied here. It's not the Muspelheim we read in Norse. Mythology exactly but is cvs Muspelheim. And I'm all for that really do what you want :) buuuut it treaded on the rules so I thought it should be brought up.

_Felino_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show of hands of anyone who wants to use Muspelheim?

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: The Marvel Muspelheim has nothing to do with anything LOL. The problem is that your OP implies that this is the Norse Muspelheim. You say it isn't, which is good, but you should have said that clearly in the OP's Rule Section to avoid confusion. See what I'm saying? Its not the same thing as someone owning a country or a state because the people who own those go through the empire process e.g. starting a discussion thread followed by an RPG where they try to claim said country or state, LMAO.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: Sounds good. I'd recommend you adding in the Rules something like "This isn't the Muspelheim of Norse Mythology. Just a similar realm" to avoid any and all future confusion :)

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thee_champion: Alright.

Mind deleting most of those posts though? Sorta clutter me thread mate x3

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ult_nerx: I'm down for some interaction here if you are!

_Scorch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Scorch_

about to over-haul this

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points