Maverick Incorporated U.S (Closed)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to do something here later with my new character.

Warboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this wuz sumfin different.

Avatar image for addison_hopewell
Addison_Hopewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Sweet will have something for you later on today.

Avatar image for fuchsia_dinwiddie
Fuchsia_Dinwiddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

“Thank you.” Fuchsia replied, taking a seat in the nearest chair, she crossed her legs and used her hand to push her hair obstructing her vision to the side, but remained vigilante to the questions being asked. Why did she fight? She honestly didn’t have an answer, not one that would entice her employer any more than she already had.

“Well, my father was MI-5, damn good agent too.” She started, pausing for a moment; as if she weren’t sure she wanted to release certain information about herself. “My grandfather was MI-5, I think I like what I do because I’ve been around it my entire life,” She said, placing both hands across her kneecap.

“Call me crazy, but I love being shot at, I love creating an alluring alias for myself and sleeping with the enemy right before I expose their entire operation” The last part was figurative, even though there was one incident that was quite literal.

“I guess what I really want to say, what scares me is somehow settling down and becoming a normal person, working a normal 9 to 5 job, and packing school lunches everyday” She said, turning away for a moment as if she were once again, gathering her thoughts.

“I got a chance to see Maverick in action during the invasion of Hawaii and in Kansas, you guys did something’s, I never thought humanity could achieve. I want to be apart of something like that”

Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6 What's good, mano? Is it fine I start some heel stuff here? Been thinking about targeting Maverick with the Brahma Bull etc. for a while, LOL.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satar:

Soon. I have another attack to respond to and the one above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuchsia_dinwiddie:

Moya sat with a face of seemingly indifference, even though she did have reactions to what Fuscia said, she didn't show it outwardly. She was trained not to, and had the skill long before joining Maverick. She wasn't devoid of emotion but more so just cool and collected as she spoke, not wanting to influence what she was saying.

Her story kind of reminded her of hers, even though Moya didn't mind peace, she loved her job and was willing to fight, guarding the building herself if necessary. Not only this but Moya had also worked in the CIA, but gets most of the rest of her experience from here.

Though, naturally, her answers towards some things surprised Moya to say the least. She would have never told an interviewer that she slept with someone for information...if she had ever done such a thing. It did actually garner a slightly noticeable reaction of an abnormal blink, but little else. From what Moya gathered, the woman indicated she simply loved the excitement of doing it. Believable, but the hazel eyed woman had a few suspicions, they were mostly baseless. However, overall, she appeared to be an ideal agent, someone with skill and experience most were lacking in. Skill and experience that set them apart from foes with more advanced technology and ultimately greater power than a single soldier.

That and Maverick needs more women.

"Well Ms. Dinwiddle" Moya stands smiling subtly to her as she extends her hand outwards towards the woman for her to shake it. "I think we can allow you to become apart of something somewhat, like that." Her amused smile grows wider as she simply says.

"Welcome to Maverick."

Avatar image for lebreau_liafador
Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lebreau_liafador:

Yup. Gonna remove Samantha and add Fuchsia. She's an interesting character, and I'm not just saying that because most common superpower.

At this rate, I'm probably going to need to make a team thread.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: Hehehe toys

Yes. Wonderful, wonderful toys.

@vocal: Probably gonna tag lioness and Apex next. So that Satar can can go ahead and attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why haven't I posted here yet? Something's wrong with me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: Nagging earns DESTRUCTION, peasant. :P

Technically, it's Abel's turn to post on Assault. Below destroyed the tanks going after em, didn't he?

Ah yes, Locale Anonymous...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall:

*The happiest one can be when they click on CV, is when they've got notifications*

I'm ALMOST tempted to just bring someone else to Locale, and just say screw Christopher. But the rest of my characters, save Nemesis and Akuma, aren't time travelers. And I haven't fully fleshed out Akuma's personality, which is up to change because I'm indecisive.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quarentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Quarentine

@quarentine said:

@vocal: Probably gonna tag lioness and Apex next. So that Satar can can go ahead and attack.

Not going to lie, Q might frequent this place

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to do something here later with my new character.

Hmmmm?

Why haven't I posted here yet? Something's wrong with me.

I would have posted in prime enterprises with Apex but...nah. You seemed pretty busy.

@maverick_6 said:
@quarentine said:

: Probably gonna tag lioness and Apex next. So that Satar can can go ahead and attack.

Not going to lie, Q might frequent this place

How welcoming they are depends all on how you come at them :) They are a paranoid lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@argus_: Wait... Vocal?

I thought you were Mav.

_Jericho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Because I am. I meant literally having one of my characters roll with apex lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_jericho:

OH. Gotcha, xD.

Bro, I still need some of dat security, ya know?

Course, a godly dude and a speedster are security enough but... that's complicated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it cool if I come by and raid this place? LOL.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satar:

Alright. I'm sure lioness won't mind. Go ahead man lol.

You can try :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vitriol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I time it just right I might be able to intercept him both times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @retriever

Pale, crystal blue eyes peered out the window of an unassuming apartment. The city of Denver seemed frantic during the day. Below, the traffic congested on the roads, and men and women rushed into their office buildings with little care for anything else. Bracing his large and thick forearms on the open window's frame, the Baabda Beast's features, so often veiled by a mask that was entirely its own in design and style, wore a jagged scar across the bridge of his nose, and an icy heartlessness that bordered on psychopathic. He was silent, an unblinking gaze resting on the sight of the far and distant Maverick Incorporated building. It could barely be seen. 'We might as well be on the other side of he city', his mind pointed out.

"Bozzano", his deep voice lumbered, thick Lebanese inflection echoing with a timbre of domineering gravitas. "That building", he paused, turning from the window to face one of the New Rock prison escapees. Andreia Bozzano. Mutant supremacist, would-be terrorist, and former chemist. She was a petite woman, slim even at the waist. Her hair was a waterfall of mahogany brown, and her features were sharp and of aristocratic flair. Her nose was long, and her eyes were a predatory shade of hazel. "Satar?", she answered, left brow raised in mild curiosity, arms folded before her chest as she strode forward to gaze at the faraway building being pointed at. "That building is our target. The weapons we need to secure Gothic City, and to make good of our chances against Avalon, are there", Satar informed.

"Do as we have planned"

"Do as we have planned", he ordered. Slipping on his powerful face mask, while insisting that Ana and an accompanying Zuheb Uzeif, another of the New Rock escapees, adorn themselves with the gas masks designed to withstand and endure the brunt of Andreia's unique powers, the Baabda Beast waited as the Italian-American strode forward and a grin that was devilish and cheeky found itself on her features. She was immune to her own powers, she needed no gas mask bolstered by the technology of the future's science. And like Satar, she understood that when faced with an enemy, it is imperative that they disarm them, distract them from their priorities, and deprive them of their senses, all in an effort to subdue and destroy the cohesion of units. Principles of guerrilla warfare, a staple of the Baabda Beast, and of the Brahma Bull.

She felt her powers vibrate at her fingertips, and in an instant, in some streets several distances ahead, she conjured puddles of thioacetone, a chemical whose smell is so severe and overpowering that it left those exposed to it, disabled. Her approach was logical. By conjuring scattered puddles across different streets, its point of origin would be virtually impossible to detect, and thus, maintain their anonymity. The chemical, thioacetone, wasted no second in making its effects felt. An organic compound in which a carbon atom is bonded to a sulfur-hydrogen pair, one drop of thioacetone can be smelled almost instantly from half a kilometer away. But puddles spread over a city's different streets? It seized the entire city's nose without mercy. There were spontaneous outbreaks of vomiting throughout the neighborhoods. And by virtue of a chemical whose smell is so ungodly and severe, Andreia threatened the evacuation of the entire city of Denver.

Her intention however, was to cause the evacuation of Maverick Incorporated's building, to cleanse it of the majority of its personnel, and to minimize whatever resistance Satar and the others might encounter once there. She sought to use the city's frantic and panicked state to divide Maverick's attention. Thioacetone uttered no sound and left no wreckage. It merely stunk, but it did so with such overpowering relentlessness, it was so unbearably awful that the civilians in the streets staggered, clutched their stomachs, vomiting their predigested meals and fled in terror. The chemical reeked to such a degree that many suspected the evil of supernatural forces to be at play. Nausea and sickness, tears and hopelessness, all were a theme in this unorthodox assault. The Baabda Beast waited, he waited for a reaction from Maverick. "The building, in the coming minute, it should be hours to raid", he told Ana and Zuheb. "Be ready, For resistance".

_Gaige_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

It's a chance to use Apex more I don't mind waiting to use Lioness

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Maverick_6

@satar: @retriever

Denver was a city, recently under numerous attacks at the hands of individuals who sought to now challenge the corporation known as Maverick incorporated. One of the most useful and versatile coporations in a long time. One by an alien entity who warped between dimensions to remove limbs. And another with a potent woman in powered armor who sought to do nothing more than test their metal against them. As a result, the area around Maverick had far less activity than surrounding areas, with Maverick essentially owning the block around the area and stationing guards well outside the building, and even sending some to work towards replacing the police force. However, reception was mixed. Some argued Maverick now served as a Beacon. A beacon towards terrorist attack. Even the troops questioned it, believing they should spread themelves out among the city as opposed to operate from a single large building, even if it is simply one of many.

And with the need for less and less soldiers due to the introduction of genetically engineered M.O.R.S to fill their need for more loyal, obedient soldiers, they became less and less in need of recruiting all but the most skilled soldiers. The building was beginning to be viewed less and less as practical, particularly with civilians being everywhere. And this point was going to be further proven by a chemical warfare attack.

People began to become deathly ill, experiencing brutal symptoms as a putrid stench filled the air, even catching some Maverick troops off guard, as they were hardly used to such attacks. Shadow Company about the city were able to identify the compound, thioacetone, almost immediately, but not the source. They could do nothing to prevent it from spawning as it wreaked havoc about the area. The corporation had to have soldiers don protective gear and go to work as an official state of MOPP level 4 was declared.

It had taken what one could easily tell were hours to clear much of the city as after idenitification, the U.S military could begin neutralizing some of the agent and enabling some people to evacuate when areas could be declared safe, but the Corporation, in admittance, was hardly prepared for such an attack. They could destroy a hypersonic cruise missile or even intercept easily supersonic speedsters in microseconds, but in their preparations, they had seemingly had lesser contigencies for a chemical warfare attack of this magnitude on the city.

The building itself however, fared well. Most all soldiers had a gas mask to protect them from the scent, and many defensive measures of the building that could make it a death trap in some areas still remained. It arguably became easier to defend the building because now, the area is devoid of civillians to consider, and with any shadow company capable of seeing 360 degrees in every single direction through solid objects for a few miles, most attacks they would see coming, bar the worst contingency of a teleporter or speedster who was bordering on relativistic speeds.

Of course however, this moment of dissarray and panic lead to extended patrols through the building. With numerous troops stationed outside and 20 mm autocannon defense turrets being activated outside. And shadow company patrolling the area, cloaked from the entire electromagnetic spectrum and ready to strike and perhaps any moment.

Maverick's premier "Cape Killer" and chief of security, spoke to his men, his own mask engaged as he patrolled the building himself, fully armored.

"Don't be surprised if we have guests soon. Might even be here now."

With a flick of his wrist, his PEPs Baton extends and he remains ready to draw to combat potential opponents who may be here for whatever reason, to launch an attack against them.

Marcus_Crowne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you mind if I popped by here once this conflict settles? Investigation and such.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, zog it.

Want ta give Zarkit a go at oomie tekk?

Apex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satar: @maverick_6: @retriever:

Alex would much rather use her bow, she'd even heard there might be arrows in the works. However even with her phenomenal eye sight the distance and acuracy required with a bow at the possible ranges to cover was to large of a divide. So at the time Alex held in her hands a Falcon Gyrojet Rifle, the Falcon GR a prime candidate for sniping. It delivered a medium megajoules worth of force by means of a compressed hydrogen-based liquid fuel stored in CNT and ignitied by Nanothermite to propell rounds down range. The rocket like round would come out the muzzle at around 500 miles per hour. To top it off of course Alex's would be guided by her. The guided rounds were great but usually left to computers do to the difficulty of processing things at the given speeds. Alex however had the eyes of a speedster, she saw things with a almost instantaneous perception. Her talents would never match those of a honest speedster but it did make her one of the worlds most exceptional marksman.

Thanks to the company she worked for she had the mask to spare her the effects of the chemical agent. A fact that Alex was infinetely greatful for. The very idea of the agent was enough to turn ones stomach. She could only imagine how awful the civies had to be feeling. Of course whoever was bold enough to attack or raid Maverick had to have more plans and contengency plans. Engaging what was the largest PMC in the world and one of the largest military powers was a chess game that would take more then a handful of moves. More would be coming, so the Apex Marksman went to the spot of ideal positioning.

Do to Maverick's architecture the design of the upper floors was a bit unique. A few floors had sections that even let one enjoy the breeze of being so high up. Stepping outside Alex had began to climb, it'd been a daring act. A faulty step a poor grip, and she'd be plummeting to certain death. Her location was ideal however the design of architecture blocked the sun from her eyes and the shadows masked her position, at night the position would be even better. Laying prone against the steel frames it was here she looked after the city she was confident only a Maverick sniper would be able to find her and that was more because they knew the location.

Beside her was a laptop tapped into the Maverick sever and only the Maverick server. She'd run the search and then the computer would shut down untill she needed agin if she did. Used against the city was thioacetone this they knew. Similarly it was quite rapid and well spread in use this was clear. You needed either quality manpower or superhuman powers to pull the stunt off. Numbers wasn't the best game to play against Maverick however leading to the conclusion so she searched for meta humans with such a retched power. The list was short if not almost nonexistent. It was a unique ability and the most known user had been arrested for terrorism. Curious, she was said to be deep in The Rock. No breakouts were reported however leading Alex to believe Andreia wasn't the lead figure of the day. Taking a moment Alex forwarded the info to those who might be able to get the information out or investigate further. With that she closed the laptop for the moment.

Beside it was a box of magazines, not a lot but given her aim and what a lot was by Maverick standards it was fair to say she could be on a sniping spree for a good twenty four hours easy. Adjusting the sights to the position and climet she triple checked it before selecting the targeting system. From here on out the gun's sight would adapt accordingly letting Alex put more focus on scanning the horizon for the mark. There's be no hesitance if she spotted a questionable figure she'd take the shot. She'd go for a leg if she could, cripple a target in an open area. Where any attempt to aid said wounded allowed further shots of similar nature. As for looking for a target it was a no brainer they'd be likely anyone not Maverick. Chemical warfare had been played brilliantly, it also though left the city with a rather clear cut faction vs faction scenario. Allmost all the civies not evacuating were vomiting or tending to those who were.

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_: @maverick_6: @satar:

"They are not taking the bait."

The combination of the gas mask she wore, the static of the short-wave radio she was speaking into, and her accent caused her to speak more slowly than usual, paying extra attention to her enunciation. She had not risked drawing too close to their target; an organization of Maverick's repute would no doubt have security measures that extended well beyond its own property lines; but it was obvious that few of the organizations vaunted mercenaries were fleeing the city with the rest of the population. "I will provide a distraction; just be sure you do not leave without me. I will not miss the attack on our primary target."

Several blocks away, she located what she was looking for. Parked outside of a dilapidated strip mall that had seen far better days, an armored truck idled, its guards curled into fetal positions on the cracked asphalt of the parking lot, as their lungs and stomachs violently rejected the noxious inhalant that permeated the city. Two well-placed kicks later, what little resistance they could provide was quelled, and Ana had a durable set of wheels, as well as some light body armor that would hopefully save her a bit of pain. She left the back of the tank-like truck hanging open; though she was inclined to believe that the soldiers she was about to force an encounter with would be far too professional to be distracted, perhaps a few would succumb to their more mercenary inclinations and focus on the bags of cash and coin, as opposed to her.

In moments, she was speeding down deserted streets, directly at the building's main entrance, going as far above the acceptable speed limit as her cumbersome vehicle would allow. "Be ready to make your move!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching Ant-Man, somehow, I'm tempted to try and sneak into this place...

Retriever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: I think they're ready for you. ;)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for kaylen_knightfall
Kaylen_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting as Satar soon.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

Time and time again did Samael know the limitations of his own Stand. Along with the very obvious weakness that he needed to see where he was going on a regular basis, the pride in his heart and his great love of his master often kept him from achieving his objectives to their fullest potential. Instead, he continued to hide within the Stand - Cold Testament devouring everything in its path, whether it touched that obstacle or a foreign object collided with it on pure accident. The miasma of the void moved ever onward, and Samael clung to the innards of his Stand, hiding amidst the trembling emptiness. He could see nothing, smell nothing, but the reverberations from the outside moving in alerted him constantly of his surroundings. He could pinpoint the rainstorm-like pitter-patter of heavy machinegun fire, automatic weapons leading him somewhere.

The gunslinger he came face-to-face with earlier deliberately spurred him on, provoking his directionally-challenged blindness to charge at her and her alone. Explicitly, this would end in her avoiding the charge entirely and him becoming lost again. The fact remained that he required to poke his head out from time to time to assess his exact whereabouts. From there, any number of ambushes could be launched. His flesh still bled, after all. His skin and bones could still be broken. Of course, Samael, his pride often winning out over his common sense, thought himself too quick for the woman to evade completely. With a monumental effort, he surged forward, the void of Cold Testament absorbing all matter around the two as the combined tackle ended in a dull thud, and then a screeching nothingness.

He knew that he did not catch her at that point. He would have heard something else other than that, perhaps the sizzling of flesh and clothes just before the abyss.

A curious other sizzling occurred around him, however. Instead of peeking out in order to find his location, he stayed put, content with taking the ambush instead of facing it without such a substantial defensive buff. Apparently they tried to cook him inside his own shell, or that was the general idea. While this would have worked wonders against a heavily armored foe or one with ridiculous levels of durability that no bullet could pierce, the light particles and microwaves emitted from the device were literally lost in the void, eaten like everything else around it and destroyed, broken down into nothingness. A signature humming sound alerted Samael to their whereabouts, and he focused on them rather than the woman who hunted him in the darkness.

Flying out with an insane burst of speed, he knew he consumed two on contact, though not the one responsible for operating the device in question. These were two completely unaware members of the vast military organization, armed with firearms dedicated to taking down superhuman threats. They couldn't even track the surface of the void sphere through heat sensors; the heat disappeared on contact with it, leaving a dread nothingness in its wake. No heat, nor cold, could be attributed to the thing. Samael cursed under his breath. He had to become invisible to their primary sense of sight once more, hide in plain view, and strike out invisibly and utterly unsuspected. But then, the sound waves came.

By attacking his primary form of understanding his surroundings outside of Cold Testament, the Maverick troops almost guaranteed a victory at that moment. The sound waves, though disappearing in the void as well, still had a profound residual effect. He desperately covered his ears as the sound, though tumbling into the vast emptiness around him, still provided enough of an audial shock to stun him temporarily - though not to the extent that was hoped for. Rather than liquefying his organs with sound, the effect was little more than quartered by virtue of Samael's very surroundings; like dropping a stone into a lake rather than using it to break someone's head open. The ripples of energy were still there, but more displaced and harmless.

They enabled him to, once more, find a target.

Lashing out, he knew he killed at least one more trooper, again missing the weapon targeted against him that earned his initial ire. Hovering in subspace, leaving the inner sanctum of Maverick Enterprises a complete disaster, Samael opted for a tactical retreat. He blasted into the next room, devouring everything in his way in order to make a clever escape at least four walls over, dividing him from the Maverick strike force. He came to a bathroom and exited from Cold Testament, trying to decide on his next move.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @apex_: @retriever:

Offering her services as a distraction for the enemy, Satar voiced a promise, his timbre cold and yet somehow carrying an air of sincerity, "Do not worry, Ana", he paused, the accented words of a Lebanese visionary lingering in this putrid air, "Our departure will not be without you". From the confines of a faraway building, he watched his redheaded accomplice take her exit. Then he waited. Waited as she seized the wheel of an armored vehicle and made her worth as a magnet for enemy forces known. Her purpose, tactically speaking, was clear. She was to serve as a means of diverting a large concentration of enemy units towards her and away from the Baabda Beast and Zuheb Uzeif. Andreia? She was to remain in the building.

Her worth was as the undetected source of thioacetone. She was to increase its concentration, to render this city's air an inhospitable environment to the senses. Its smell, its repugnance, was to remain strong in the face of attempts at decreasing its concentration, at least until her stamina sees fit to fail her. Making their exit as discreetly as people, Satar and Zuheb quietly but quickly roamed the streets of Denver, weaving past those who remained, and those who fled, frantic and vomiting, nostrils bleeding from the assault, lungs choking as they refused to breathe air so worthy of disgust. They strode, the Baabda Beast and his crony, then BLAM! A shot. A round had dug itself in the beginning layers of his thigh. He crouched, Satar, not in pain but out of tactical necessity.

There was a sniper in the midst. An exceptional one at that. And like he sought to against Maverick, this sniper sought to disarm, and how better than by stripping a foe of their mobility? And though the round was a juggernaut, superheated by its blistering velocities, the damage dealt was largely superficial. A result that the Baabda Beast owed only to his durability, one that was freakish even by the modern superhuman's standards. Though the pain was sharp, its heat swarming through his thigh and forcing from him a wince, Satar endured and continued, he would not waste the opportunity that Ana had provided them with, or at least the opportunity he hoped she'd provided them with. He uttered no sound, and neither did Zuheb. They eased themselves forward, doing their best to avoid sight until as per Satar's command, their movement came to a brief halt.

Thioacetone had been deployed. Now? It was Zuheb's moment to harness the cruelty of his powers and do what he could against Maverick's enemy forces. How? Through his manipulation of dimethylcadmium; an organometallic compound holding a molecule in which carbon has bonded with cadmium. As the world's undisputed, most toxic chemical, its eye for sadism was never doubted. Zuheb was immune to his own abilities. Ana and Satar were more or less protected by their gas masks. Dimethylcadmium however, killed not only through inhalation, but by dermal absorption, by seeping into the skin. Here Zuheb would exercise caution. Instead of toxic clouds, he conjured and seized control over airborne, dimethylcadmium particles, and sending each to be absorbed by the skin of Maverick's forces, and only by Maverick's forces. No toxic particle was to make its way into Ana's flesh.

The approach while possibly successful against the Maverick units whose armors were not completely sealed and still left even the smallest of inches of exposed flesh, would be a fruitless effort against those of the enemy forces who were fitted in armors whose environments were completely sealed. Those, Satar and the rest would have to assault directly. Should Zuheb's attack succeed, then the dimethylcadmium particles would be instantly absorbed into the bloodstream of the targeted units. And once there, it would serve as a chemical chauffeur for the toxic compounds of cadmium to travel all about the victims' bodies. The particles would seek to exploit its victims' bloodstreams, and rip the electrons off the atoms in the cells of lungs, kidneys and liver, the body's most blood-infused organs. More cruelly however, Zuheb hoped to bring the dimethylcadmium particles into contact with the water in their foes' bodies.

Why? Because dimethylcadmium's reaction with water was one of spectacular violence. It produced copious amounts of heat and hydrogen gas, which is flammable, and would explode. There, Satar and Zuheb waited, crouched and hiding behind a brick wall. Should their tactic find success, they would charge into the weakened ranks of the enemy force and do as they'd come to do. And should the toxic chemical fail? They would charge forward regardless, at least intent on making use of Ana's distraction.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see the look on Mav's face when he sees all this.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warsman said:

I want to see the look on Mav's face when he sees all this.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

It isn't that. It's just that well, your way didn't make sense.

Armistice instinctively knew exactly how to actually hurt Maverick. He didn't try to hack Maverick directly or god-mod me like you are. He just pointed out publically available information in a logical way, and thusly turned the public against them, and caused Maverick's stocks to drop.

I can sell a hack, but I actually have an idea of how hacking works (and armistice an even greater idea). I even did the research before Argus_ and out of curiosity asked some real life sources.

Now, I can work with you, but you have to come me a different way, most likely receiving IC help from Argus, because flat out, it makes no sense to hack something from a smartphone. What does that smartphone have on it. Nothing. Why would anything vital at all be stored on a smartphone? How would a smartphone access anything vital when I mention it's all wired, meaning you have actually have someone in the building hack it by with a physical connection, connecting to the network or somehow get some from the inside to put their data on a wireless network.

I'm not saying Maverick is unstoppable and can't be fought. I'm saying that you're going about everything the wrong logical way, and trying something that wouldn't work.

Meanwhile, the original Dox's methods made him perhaps the biggest threat to Maverick because he attacked all of it at the same time, non-violently using logic and reasoning to turn the public against them rather then direct assault.

FYI

Dox - Hacking the private network of a wealthy PMC is not as simple as accessing the public network of a phone company. The level of security is much higher and even if you gain access by hacking a single PC, terminal, smartphone, etc. it does not necessarily give you any significant access to their network. Every person and device has a set access level (guest, user, superuser, admin, etc) and unless you get root access there is only so much you can accomplish. The reason Dox (I) never bothered directly hacking anyone is he did not have the time and/or resources to brute force a way in (which may well not even work). One would need to social engineer a way into accessing a user with high clearance to really do anything and that takes time and work. In Maverick's shoes I would not have sold it either and explained why in a PM, you need to sell the extent of the hack if you expect a sell in return.

Maverick

If someone hacks you wirelessly, your network is still not secure even if your internal network relies on wired connectivity exclusively. Wireless access is still tied to a wired broadband connection for backhaul and over time a hacker can use low level access to work their way in deeper if they are talented enough in a number of ways, including accessing your internal network. Wired or wireless it still touches the internet somewhere and is still vulnerable, as described it would be cake for someone like me to hack you.

Considering you are a PMC with real resources, you would be better served saying that you have a public intranet for general work needs and a secondary private intranet that is air-gapped (does not touch the internet in any way, wired, wireless, bluetooth, etc) that can only be accessed by a terminal inside the building where are the really important data is stored. Governments and major corporations with IP to protect utilize this to secure and segregate critical data and would require someone to physically access the server room to steal anything devastating to your business. No matter how good your encryption is, if you are connected to the web, you are vulnerable to the right attack.

CutthroatBitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh! I learned a bit about some of that in training for my job.

Nice.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice:

That is what I'm saying, mostly.

What I'm saying is that basically, it is a LAN pretty much, though I didnt know what to call it. So I described it as not wireless because it was well, a local network. Which is why I said it is "physically impossible" to hack wirelessly. Because all the info or things that Dox sought out wouldn't be able to be accessed except through physical security. Basically, it doesn't touch the internet. No government top secret information does and neither will a corporation who employs such individuals from the various IT divisions across the military branches or the CIA

Though, the only arguably "unhackable" encryption is "perfect" Quantum encryption at the moment. I could argue it can be hacked, but it isn't exactly easy. It can take literally monthes to break government encryptions and even then, they cycle the encyption out so much it makes it even harder to reliably hack them. And Maverick uses the same such techniques. With stuff that isn't even web accessible in the first place.