Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@humanrocket: If you keep typing like that people are going to start saying you're my alter ego instead of Puny can't-spell-for-Sh!t Parker

Fixed.

@jaken7 be proud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@gordyman said:

@erik said:

@gordyman: If you think your life sucks, make it into a life you can enjoy. Go backpack across Europe of something.

I would, if I had the money.

There are a million excuses not to do something. If you want your life to change, go change it.

Words of a wise man. Listen to him. And me. Mostly me.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Radiant and Blinding......

Beata

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Eisenfauste

@spidey_jackson: Word of advice if you don't mind. Be ridiculously social your first couple days of school, talk to people you don't really know, get numbers, sit by hot girls in class try out for sports to hang with the best crew. These were things I wish I did by didn't, trust me you'll have an awesome highschool career if you do.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@wolverine08: @The_Deathstroker: @comicace3: Gentlemen, please, there's no need to fight over me!

...Not that you should stop or anything.

Wolvie already gave you up for Kat. Now its just me and Stroker. Who do you want? The People's champ or the Ex-Geist.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@gordyman: Clearly if other peoples' opinions of your writing mean so much to you then you really need to re-evaluate how much you actually love it. A writer writes because it's part of who they are, because it's what they do, not because people pay attention to what they write.

It means a lot. Most people who read my stuff say it's good, but it would be cool if I could do it for a living.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@erik: Shouldn't you be bashing the OP with a passive aggressive yet hilarious to everyone else comment?

It's my normal thing but on the off-chance this is a pre-suicide thread, I don't want to chance it. So I'm doing the elderly, wise man, real-talk thing.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@gordyman said:

@erik said:

@gordyman: If you think your life sucks, make it into a life you can enjoy. Go backpack across Europe of something.

There are a million excuses not to do something. If you want your life to change, go change it.

He/she could always get a job that requires travel, like teach English in Japan or etc.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@The_Deathstroker said:

@erik: Shouldn't you be bashing the OP with a passive aggressive yet hilarious to everyone else comment?

It's my normal thing but on the off-chance this is a pre-suicide thread, I don't want to chance it. So I'm doing the elderly, wise man, real-talk thing.

I have no Idea why I'm not following you now.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Oh, jeez. Now you're becoming nice? Do I have to make the comment now?@squares: This is no fight. It's me showing the peasants their place.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Thanks for the info. Seize the day.

Swigity Swooty, coming for the booty.

Beata

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: You're following him for making a wise decision?!?! HAS EVERYONE GONE SOFT!?!?!

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sometimes.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: You're following him for making a wise decision?!?! HAS EVERYONE GONE SOFT!?!?!

Hey if going soft can save someone's life in a while then I might as well.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take your discussions somewhere else and stop derailing my thread.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: ..... Someone's cranky. Fine.

Let's skedaddle, gang.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman said:

@squares said:

@gordyman: Then write harder! Uh, I mean more. Seriously, it's the most reliable way to get better.

Or, you know, get another hobby.

Naw, I love writing. It's how I liberate my thoughts, but what's the point if people don't care about what you write? I think I'd be pretty happy if I could get paid for doing it.

Because true artists don't do "art" for validation or compensation. They do it because they simply have to, because its something that they absolutely have to get out of their system to express themselves. Because they can't see themselves doing anything else in the world other than what their passion is.

I'm not bullshitting you when I tell you this...I've heard many comedians, actors, and musicians in interviews (I watch a lot of videos) answer the question "Do you have any advice for other aspiring ______" and the answer is "If you can think of anything you can do other than this, do it. You will be much happier and comfortable." Because being an artist is tough shit. Lots of paying dues and scraping by with absolutely no guarantee of success.

But then again, who wants to follow the herd? Christopher Columbus and Michelangelo didn't do that shit.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroy the world

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put on a wetsuit and fight some crime.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Gordyman

@africanwilds: I think that's bullshit. Why not do what makes you happy? If they don't like it, then it must not make them happy. The thought that I might not make it is depressing.

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: Where did I say anything about not being happy?

popoyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes dude, i am also bored with my life. i have no friend, with whom I can share my sorrow and pleasure. This life did not give me anything until today. no love, nothing. thats why i am bored with my life

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: Word of advice if you don't mind. Be ridiculously social your first couple days of school, talk to people you don't really know, get numbers, sit by hot girls in class try out for sports to hang with the best crew. These were things I wish I did by didn't, trust me you'll have an awesome highschool career if you do.

works almost all the time 100% of the time.

but to the OP @gordyman I totally dig what you're saying about boredom, I usually just masturbate and go to sleep when I'm bored though lol

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Would like some change in my life, instead of a routine everyday thing. Can get bored with plenty of things that I'm too use to, or wish certain things would go away. But I'm pretty lucky where I'm at right now.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 the_stegman  Moderator

@erik said:

@gordyman said:

@erik said:

Not having money isn't an excuse, it's a legit reason. Backpacking across Europe ain't cheap, not only would you have to save money for the trip, but you'd have to put enough aside to continue paying bills as well as taking off work for that, meaning you won't be receiving money while you're doing it. It's not as easy as "Well, you can do what you put your mind to!''. Realistically, we have limits.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Step one, obtain power magical artifact

step 2, use said artifact

step 3 enjoy life

step 4, wait for some do gooder to come slay you as they would the last boss in a game

step 5 profit???

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#81  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Not really. I like to keep things simple.

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Big_and_Bad
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then do something, go to the park, read comics, hang out with your friends, play video games, enter competitions, go to disney world. There are just too many things to list.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd only get bored with life if i didn't have dreams and goals. I'm going to school (even though it is rather boring) to become a physical therapist. I was extremely board with my life when I was majoring in CJ. Also, try not to get a boring job, don't follow scheduals.

Life only gets boring with repetition.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"If you can think of anything you can do other than this, do it. You will be much happier and comfortable."

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#86 SC  Moderator

Boredom would be the desire and wish of many whose lives are unpredictable and the struggles of having to survive adding excitement, tension and anxiety to their day to day living. That is to say that there is nothing wrong with feeling or being bored, but its a matter of perspective. I am never bored I have too much to do, boredom would almost be nice in my life right now…

There is a funny adage about a nap, for young children a nap is a punishment, but for adults a nap is a reward. Chances are the moment you start appreciated boredom you won't have to worry about that anymore. That and boredom is a void for you to do whatever you want, you also have access to the most effective boredom killer that has ever been created… the internet. You also probably have vision and hands, so you can also create art, imagine if you were blind or limbless? That being said if you still find you are excessively bored, might want to see a doctor, in case the cause is chemical, say depression.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i used too , then i stooped caring :/

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#88 SC  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Having to travel around Europe working various crappy jobs and staying at extremely cheap hostels would be plenty of excitement for a bored person, so if the person is bored and doesn't want to be bored then they are going to have to sacrifice other things, including potentially money and comfort. So if they don't want to sacrifice anything then they are making excuses since they must not actually want something that much, not enough to make sacrifices for it. I don't think anyone is saying that its necessary easy, its just a matter of choices and how much you wants something and what you will do for it. Its actually not that expensive for a person planning to backpack overseas if they are dedicated to planning and are okay with staying at hostels and take up certain jobs, there are various organizations that actually specialize in assisting people with this.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89  Edited By Erik

@the_stegman said:

@erik said:

@gordyman said:

@erik said:

Not having money isn't an excuse, it's a legit reason. Backpacking across Europe ain't cheap, not only would you have to save money for the trip, but you'd have to put enough aside to continue paying bills as well as taking off work for that, meaning you won't be receiving money while you're doing it. It's not as easy as "Well, you can do what you put your mind to!''. Realistically, we have limits.

I strongly disagree with that. You act like everyone is chained to their bills. They aren't. You also act like someone who takes a backpacking trip to Europe is planning on coming back to the job that they obviously despise. I took a trip across Europe for about a month a few years back after the end of a really bad relationship. The only thing it really cost me was an apartment I didn't want, an airline ticket, and the cost of food. I wasn't staying in nice hotels or anything but that's why it's called backpacking across Europe. All said and done, round-trip was under $1,500.

If he really wanted to, he could easily make it happen. You are being the excuse-maker. You are being this guy's chains. There are trip-planners that can outline the costs and who knows if he would even want to come back to whatever crappy situation he is currently in. Heck, there is organizations that will take him all over the world at 0 cost to him, and they'll pay him to do it like Greenpeace.

Like I said, there are a million excuses not to do something. Do you really think someone in his position needs you to tell him why he needs to stay in the situation he is currently in?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@sc: Wouldn't you have to get a work visa to work in Europe? I hear in a lot of countries they're hard to get.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is pretty exciting right now. Finishing my medic training, working some new jobs, good comics out, buying a truck, seeing a girl. Everything is good

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@the_stegman:

While there are arguments to be made on all sides which can be made to appear valid, I think I am in your camp. The reality of just picking up and going backpacking through the world isn't as uncomplicated as just making the decision and just doing it. I can understand the idea behind doing it through hostels and working here and there to get some food in your belly and for transportation, but the reality is, just how you look can be a problem. (yes, I do mean as a woman or a visible minority, depending on where you happen to be in the world).

I would love to jaunt about the world for a bit longer than a few weeks, but at this point in my life, it would have me losing out on the gains I've managed to accumulate. I don't want to lose my well paying job, I don't want to lose the new home I just moved into and on top of that, I don't want to not be close to family and friends who have need of me. It's not so simple as "just do it". Just putting away twenty bucks a week is impossible for a lot of people who sure, could/should be doing better in attaining skills for better jobs, but that's easier said than done. Without getting into examples, sometimes you just can't do it and others just won't understand unless they are literally in your shoes, living your life.

TL;DR I agree with you. It's not so simple.

Man_Manly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not bored with life at all. But I spend all my time doing manly things, so I wouldn't expect to be.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I'm bored with my job but not my life.

If you want to do something different, so something different. Ultimately, you have no one to blame for yourself.

Personally, I think my current job is the best bet at paying off debt, so I'm biding my time. Hopefully I'll have that done in a little over a year and can pursue a less lucrative and secure position in a field I actually enjoy.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

Regarding the, "Can you backpack around Europe anytime you want, debate," the answer is obviously that yes you can. My wife took several trips to exotic locales one year even though she had no excess of money or plan to pay for it, and she had a lovely time.

And that's a big part of why I'm working a job I don't enjoy now to pay off debt.

You can do wonderful adventures any time, but there are consequences.

That being said, you can do free and/or much less expensive things to spice up your life. There's no excuse for being bored in your free time.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By legacy6364

@gordyman said:

Is anyone else bored with life? I mean don't you often wish something crazy happened and it changed your life completely? Is anyone else tired of the same old wake up, shower, brush your teeth, groom, go to work/school, and rinse and repeat?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AfricanWilds

@gordyman said:

@africanwilds said:

"If you can think of anything you can do other than this, do it. You will be much happier and comfortable."

No, no. You're taking me out of context. The whole point is if it is indeed your "calling" to be an pro musician/actor/comedian (artist), then you will never be truly unhappy chasing that dream, because you know that you have to do it, period. You will probably live a miserable, uncomfortable, frustrating life starting out. But the alternative is to live with regret and shoulda-coulda-woulda's. The advice "If you can think of anything you can do other than this, do it. You will be much happier and comfortable." just basically means "If you can live with yourself not taking that leap of faith and instead work a steady, dependable 9-5 job like most good honest people, do that. Because otherwise it's not gonna be worth it for you/you won't make it in this business." It's basically a self-check to determine if you really are called to be an artist. Because if you are, you won't have any trouble tolerating all the hardship that follows cause you will be content on the journey.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers