AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@mitran said:

@allstarsuperman:

That said, DAYUM. One arrow, two arrow, three arrow, out the window just to be sure. The only other thing he could have done was dropped a desk on Vertigo afterward just to be absolutely positive.

I would of loved that if he did.

I can imagine it now...

"Thanks Ollie!"

"Wait"

<Gets desk>

<Breaks another window to fit desk through>

"RAAAAAHHHHH okay I'm pretty sure he's dead now"

Hears a grunting noise.

"Hey Felicity help me move this file cabinet"

WOOOO! CRASH!

"That should do it!"

Thea once made a pass at Tommy. Gross. Not Star Wars gross, but gross.

Yeah.. Remember in the first episode when Tommy tells Ollie the Theas getting hot.....

Goodness... I completely forgot about that. Just, gross. Although, abandoning that aspect, it does make all the familial ties with the Queens and Merlyns and possibly Lances that much more complicated.

Yeah, it's like Starling City is the hills of Kentucky

I've come to realize that either you think Summer Glau is very hot or you don't think she is at all. I think she is very hot.

Well, she's "okay" but why chose her over Laurel or Felicity? I cant think of one reason.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mitran said:

@tazzmission: It's probably on the CW website. I did the same thing.

its a 2 part season finale?

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tazzmission: It's the midseason finale. They always happen after ep nine. The next episodes are next year I think, or after Christmas.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batpala said:

@tazzmission: It's the midseason finale. They always happen after ep nine. The next episodes are next year I think, or after Christmas.

guh so nothing next tuesday for both sons and arrow..... im going to be going nuts next week

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: Yeah. I only remembered this because this time last year was when I dropped out of the tumblr arrow fandom for being a completely disgusting mess.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#358  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Totally jam-packed episode last night.

BTW - that guy at the end of the episode Brother Blood is screwing with is named Cyrus.

People guessing it might be Solomon Grundy.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By deathstroke19

@fallschirmjager: that could go either really well or terrible. We will have to wait and see.

On topic: Lol i was so excited i forgot to see the preview to next episode as well. Lol. Wait, is this one of those episodes where it isn't continued until after Christmas? Or is there an episode next week?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@fallschirmjager: that could go either really well or terrible. We will have to wait and see.

On topic: Lol i was so excited i forgot to see the preview to next episode as well. Lol. Wait, is this one of those episodes where it isn't continued until after Christmas? Or is there an episode next week?

Dec 4 and Dec 11 are the two part midseason finale

then they'll break till after the holidays like usual

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else think that laurels face looks longer this season? PLASTIC SURGERY??

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW - that guy at the end of the episode Brother Blood is screwing with is named Cyrus.

Been confirmed - the character is Cyrus Gold, which is Grundy's original name.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Does anyone else think that laurels face looks longer this season? PLASTIC SURGERY??

No, she just toned up. Not to say she was overweight or anything last season, she just looks better.

This recent episode was slower but the end was bonkers. Really liked Thea's personal moment with Roy and Oliver's reaction after he was forced to do something regretful to save Felicity.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kraytrawk said:

No, she just toned up. Not to say she was overweight or anything last season, she just looks better.

This recent episode was slower but the end was bonkers. Really liked Thea's personal moment with Roy and Oliver's reaction after he was forced to do something regretful to save Felicity.

I agree. She looks hotter.

And yeah that was crazy ending really. The first half of the episode was slow and then in the span of 5-10min shit hits the fan lol.

I think the whole Thea is Merlyn's daughter was a little meh though.

Might have been more interesting if they said it was Ollie (if slightly more cliche)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. She looks hotter.

And yeah that was crazy ending really. The first half of the episode was slow and then in the span of 5-10min shit hits the fan lol.

I think the whole Thea is Merlyn's daughter was a little meh though.

Might have been more interesting if they said it was Ollie (if slightly more cliche)

Honestly, I feel like this new development with Thea is more of their way of eventually wiping out Ollie's remaining family (including his mother).

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see if we get Zod's message.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Flash already!

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah I could see that. Especially given Roy and his relationship with her and Ollie.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget: Yeah I could see that. Especially given Roy and his relationship with her and Ollie.

Oh dude, that's going to be so weird! Thea's actually begun to grow on me so I can't imagine what they're planning on that front!

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@deranged_midget said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Oh dude, that's going to be so weird! Thea's actually begun to grow on me so I can't imagine what they're planning on that front!

Hahaha. They are really going with so many storylines at once right now and handling it all well.

The only thing I don't like is the direction they're taking Laurel. One episode she is pill popping and drunk and the next she is acting professional like the lawyer she is and even being a really good friend/family approaching Moira like she did.

Everyone else is awesome though. Thea has even been less annoying this year.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha. They are really going with so many storylines at once right now and handling it all well.

The only thing I don't like is the direction they're taking Laurel. One episode she is pill popping and drunk and the next she is acting professional like the lawyer she is and even being a really good friend/family approaching Moira like she did.

I liked how they handled Laurel this recent episode and how she interacted with Ollie after being forced to prosecute his mother. Her expectation and reaction to his approach and her absolute surprise was genuine. I really wanted Ollie to say that she managed to forgive him so he had no problem forgiving her.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

I liked how they handled Laurel this recent episode and how she interacted with Ollie after being forced to prosecute his mother. Her expectation and reaction to his approach and her absolute surprise was genuine. I really wanted Ollie to say that she managed to forgive him so he had no problem forgiving her.

I agree. This episode was probably the first in a long time I liked her character. Its just I didn't see it coming because of how they were dealing with her in past ones, so the inconsistency is weird.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. This episode was probably the first in a long time I liked her character. Its just I didn't see it coming because of how they were dealing with her in past ones, so the inconsistency is weird.

Word, I feel like Laurel has been largely ignored this season, which is a good and bad thing I guess. I want to see her change, not restricted by her faults and decisions with what happened to Tommy and I want to see her and her father connect some more. Dude is awesome.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Anyone else feel that Ollie took the whole breaking his "no killing rule" too well? I hate that he broke his rule, but I'm curious if he'll regret breaking it so soon after making it. I get he's no Batman, but it takes away a bit of the drama of giving Ollie a no killing rule only to have him break it a few episodes later; I wouldn't mind it so much if it where like the season finally with Ollie facing an big villain like Ra's al Ghul or something, but breaking his rule just to kill The Count...what's he going to do when he DOES face bigger villains like Ra's or the Dark Archer?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else feel that Ollie took the whole breaking his "no killing rule" too well? I hate that he broke his rule, but I'm curious if he'll regret breaking it so soon after making it. I get he's no Batman, but it takes away a bit of the drama of giving Ollie a no killing rule only to have him break it a few episodes later; I wouldn't mind it so much if it where like the season finally with Ollie facing an big villain like Ra's al Ghul or something, but breaking his rule just to kill The Count...what's he going to do when he DOES face bigger villains like Ra's or the Dark Archer?

Too well? Nah, I disagree. It obviously bothered him a lot and the reasons for doing it kept him from probably breaking apart as he seemed to after meeting Thea back at the courthouse and then Felicity and Digg afterwards. I felt like he was forced to do it considering that large dosage without the proper cure at the time would've killed Felicity and it's pretty clear Ollie cares about her a lot and would feel even more guilt considering the risks and responsibility he felt over her.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By TazzMission

Anyone else feel that Ollie took the whole breaking his "no killing rule" too well? I hate that he broke his rule, but I'm curious if he'll regret breaking it so soon after making it.

he had no choice. this is the zod death all over again and honestly in some cases its justifiable

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah, I noticed that and I was glad to see it, but it still felt like it didn't effect him as much as I thought it would. But then again, hopefully we'll see more development on the issue next episode.

What I'm more curious about is how Ollie goes about with his no killing rule from here. It didn't take much to apparently make him break his own rule, and sooner than I expected as well, so how is he going to do in keeping his rule when he deals with bigger threats like Ra's al Ghul. Sure, Count did have Felicity hostage but he was still just one man, whereas Ra's is a leader of an army of ninja assassins. I'm just curious if Ollie is going to start making exceptions when it comes to killing now or is he "officially" done killing now.

I'm also wondering how Officer Lance is going to react to Ollie having killed again.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah, I noticed that and I was glad to see it, but it still felt like it didn't effect him as much as I thought it would. But then again, hopefully we'll see more development on the issue next episode.

What I'm more curious about is how Ollie goes about with his no killing rule from here. It didn't take much to apparently make him break his own rule, and sooner than I expected as well, so how is he going to do in keeping his rule when he deals with bigger threats like Ra's al Ghul. Sure, Count did have Felicity hostage but he was still just one man, whereas Ra's is a leader of an army of ninja assassins. I'm just curious if Ollie is going to start making exceptions when it comes to killing now or is he "officially" done killing now.

I'm also wondering how Officer Lance is going to react to Ollie having killed again.

Good analysis but I think we're looking at it too subjectively. At this point, the Count was Ollie's biggest mistake and arguably his greatest challenge considering he's held back from killing him on two separate occasions. Ollie doesn't even know that people like Ra's exist and honestly thought Malcolm was the worst of it considering how well he handled himself against the other Assassins that attacked him and Sarah.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer said:

Good analysis but I think we're looking at it too subjectively. At this point, the Count was Ollie's biggest mistake and arguably his greatest challenge considering he's held back from killing him on two separate occasions. Ollie doesn't even know that people like Ra's exist and honestly thought Malcolm was the worst of it considering how well he handled himself against the other Assassins that attacked him and Sarah.

Yeah, but it still feels odd that he could break his rule when dealing with Count who really, when you boil it down, isn't that big of a threat compared to other villains like Ra's al Ghul (who has already been mentioned to exist in the show). Ollie may not know Ra's exist or how dangerous he really is, but ultimately he will and when that time comes I'm just curious as to how he's going to handle the situation. If dealing with Count was his breaking point when concerning his no killing rule, how well is he going to fair when he finds himself dealing with someone like Ra's. Plus, going back to the thing with Malcolm, he had a hard time beating Malcolm and still had to kill him in the end, so how does Ollie handle Malcolm when he figures out that he's still alive.

Honestly I'm just afraid that they're going to have Ollie start to contradict himself when it comes to the no killing rule. I understand he's not like Batman who won't kill no matter what, but I can't help but find it a bit annoying to introduce the rule for Ollie only to have him break it only a few episodes later.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone hope that Ollie starts exerting more of his comic book character traits in future episodes? I like how he's portrayed in the show, but it'd be cool if he slowly grew in to a more laidback, joke making character as he got older. I mean, the show almost has nothing in common with the comics but they're slowly trying to bridge that gap between them. Maybe if Ollie stops losing so many of the people around him and people start seeing him as the city's hero, do you think that'll be the turning point when he becomes less serious?

It'll be interesting to see if they keep him more or less the same, or change him as he grows mature and more into becoming "Green Arrow".

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

absolutely pumped

can't wait.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that can connect this to The MOS universe is the Zod message.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By SandMan_

Couldn't they gotten someone older to portray Flash?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

The only thing that can connect this to The MOS universe is the Zod message.

They aren't going to connect universes

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: apparently there is some rumor going on that the guy who plays Flash here is going to be in B/S

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm glad that "Count Vertigo" is dead, apparently anyway. I really disliked him. I prefer him to be a serious and regal person rather than a Joker wannabe.

Also, is it just me, or was Thea REALLY good looking this episode? Maybe it was her make up, or maybe I just never noticed before cause she usually annoys me.

No Caption Provided

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but it still feels odd that he could break his rule when dealing with Count who really, when you boil it down, isn't that big of a threat compared to other villains like Ra's al Ghul (who has already been mentioned to exist in the show). Ollie may not know Ra's exist or how dangerous he really is, but ultimately he will and when that time comes I'm just curious as to how he's going to handle the situation. If dealing with Count was his breaking point when concerning his no killing rule, how well is he going to fair when he finds himself dealing with someone like Ra's. Plus, going back to the thing with Malcolm, he had a hard time beating Malcolm and still had to kill him in the end, so how does Ollie handle Malcolm when he figures out that he's still alive.

Honestly I'm just afraid that they're going to have Ollie start to contradict himself when it comes to the no killing rule. I understand he's not like Batman who won't kill no matter what, but I can't help but find it a bit annoying to introduce the rule for Ollie only to have him break it only a few episodes later.

A sound critique and I completely understand your viewpoint. Although, Ollie is rather overconfident in his abilities and is seemingly still adjusted to getting straight to the point (hehe) rather than finding an alternative. We cannot expect him to instantly and seamlessly make the jump from being a ruthless killer without any remorse towards criminals to what he is attempting to be now without tripping over himself a few times. It's a struggle for him and that's what makes it interesting. He acknowledges the merits of avoiding murder but still seems to think there are occasions where it just may not cut it.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@fallschirmjager: apparently there is some rumor going on that the guy who plays Flash here is going to be in B/S

There is a new rumor every week that someone is going to show up in that movie.

My problem with the show, despite me liking season 2, is the fact that some of the developments are shoehorned in there just for the sake of drama. The Ollie/Felicady relationship hadn't been developed at all yet she gets jealous over Oliver banging whatsherface? Please. She didn't seem to mind Olivers' love life at all up until that point. Also Am i the only one who felt that Diggle let deadshot too easily off the hook? He didn't kill him which is cool but i'd AT least expect him to give him a good right hook to the face or something like that. When they were chained Diggle was yelling with rage JUST to get his damn hands on DS but then he suddenly forgot that he was angry and let him off with the "I HAVE HONOR"excuse, which isn't believable.

I like the last episode though, especially the island segments, but they better explain how malcom came back.

I saw it coming between Ollie and Felicity. You have to remember though - its The CW. Like it or not their target audience is teenagers and young adults - NOT comic book fans. You're going to have to use to some of that stuff.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I understand that, but really though they could developer it more. It just came out of nowhere, like BOOM and Felicity is Jelouse even though she didn't mind Ollie literally f*cking around the 1st season.

I always thought there was tension between them. Felicity was clearly attracted to him at least, she makes quite a few foot-in-mouth innuendos last season.

However Ollie was mostly involved with other people last season.

He wasn't even that into her this season, until she showed she was jealous when he hooked up with Summer Glau (why can't I remember her name?)

Even so, Ollie kind of shot her down. Its clear that he cares for though, obviously as he killed for her.

As it stands I don't mind it, I just hope they stay friends because I feel like Shado is going to be the reason why Slade and Ollie start fighting each other and I don't want to see that (and I don't think) happen in the trio.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I agree with you that I don't like it, but it still came back to: drama sells. And CW targets teenager and young adult drama. Not much we can do it about it lol.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By JeanRalphio

@cf12793 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Another one...these spoilers/easter eggs/cameos are getting out of hand. I get that there is so much material from the past 70 years but focus on a storyline,jeez.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@theacidskull:

Probably, though I think people are being too bitchy about Flash being 23. Just wait and see how the kid is before you cry about it lol.

And I'm not currently reading the book, no. Someone in the thread said they were though.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Another one...these spoilers/easter eggs/cameos are getting out of hand. I get that there is so much material from the past 70 years but focus on a storyline,jeez.

I'm with you on that. The storyline is more interesting then the random DC character cameos. Solomon Grundy in a realistic gritty setting makes little to no sense to me, but I guess we'll have to see what they do.