Essential Comics for 2-17-16

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Each week, a massive number of comics are released. Determining which titles are worth checking out can be a daunting task, especially if you're trying to keep your spending under a certain limit. We've gone through the list to help you decide which books you need to read on Wednesday, February 17.

No Caption Provided

Bill & Ted Go to Hell #1

Written by Brian Joines

Art by Bachan

Bill & Ted both went to Hell during their Bogus Journey. It looks like they'll be heading back there once again in this BOOM! Studios follow-up mini-series. If you read the first mini-series from last year (on-sale this week in a collected addition), then you know that the spirit of the characters is here and this publisher has a great grasp on this world. Fans of the original films should really check this new book out as it has a solid and enthusiastic creative team which Comic Vine talked to back in December about this series.

No Caption Provided

Power Man & Iron Fist #1

Written by David Walker

Art and Cover by Sanford Greene

Power Man and Iron Fist are back together and all is right in the world. We've seen these two heroes in various titles in recent years, but most of the time, they've been separate. Some things are just meant to go together. Iron Fist's last series was fantastic, and it's been great seeing Luke Cage take on fatherhood along with his other duties. Having these two back on the streets operating as the Heroes for Hire will be cool to see once again. There's something about seeing street level heroes take on big, crazy action. David Walker and Sanford Greene are going to do wondrous things on this book.

No Caption Provided

Huck #4

Written by Mark Millar

Art by Rafael Albuquerque

Mark Miller continues to amaze us month after month with this heartfelt look at a different kind of superhero. All Huck wants to do is help people. We've seen what happened when his identity became public with certain high profile people trying to fully take advantage of him. Then Miller throws a nice twist which will lead to some big revelations about his origin. Rafael Albuquerque's art has been incredible. This is a series not to be missed.

No Caption Provided

Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4

Written by Robert Venditti

Art by Raul Allen

Valiant Comics has been putting out some real groundbreaking books, especially with Bloodshot Reborn and this newer series, Wrath of Eternal Warrior. The immortal Gilad is working on escaping Hell to return to Earth, which is a bit confusing to new readers, since he's supposed to live forever. Regardless, Robert Venditti is an amazing writer when it comes to focusing on a single character's journey. Plus, Raul Allen gives this series a really surreal feel. If you're a fan of books like Conan, you'll want to check this out.

No Caption Provided

Avengers Stand Off Pleasant Hill #1

Written by Nick Spencer

Art by Mark Bagley

We're not fully sure what this next big event from Marvel's all about. With Nick Spencer involved and Bucky Barnes making his return to Earth on the opening pages, we don't need to know anything else right now. Some may be a little fatigued over comic book events, but there's just something about this that feels like it's going to be big. Maybe it's just a feeling in my gut, but it's usually pretty easy to quickly tell if an event is going to take off or not. Mark Bagley handles the art on this issue.

No Caption Provided

Star Wars #16

Written by Jason Aaron

Art by Leinil Francis Yu

This new arc for Star Wars is a bit of a crossover story with the Darth Vader series as well. It's all dealing with Vader's companion, Doctor Aphra, who has been captured by the Rebels. Obviously, Vader is sending some people to get her back, and the Rebels are trying to keep her prisoner. The flow between these two series is really cool, and writer Jason Aaron is doing a phenomenal job with this series. Plus, Leinil Yu takes over art duties for this issue and his style should really fit it with this book.

No Caption Provided

Superman: American Alien #4

Written by Max Landis

Art by Jae Lee

Max Landis has been doing something pretty amazing--he's been retelling Superman's origin in a different way. We've all seen the story a bunch of times. The years that followed Clark discovering the truth about his heritage have been played out in many ways. Landis is adding a slight twist to it all by telling different sorts of stories. With a different artist for each issue (and moment in Clark's life), we're getting the amazing art of Jae Lee in this issue. Adding to the fun, we'll get to see the competition between Clark and Lois before they started working at the Daily Planet.

No Caption Provided

Red Thorn #4

Written by David Baillie

Art by Meghan Hetrick-Murante

Red Thorn is one of the better new Vertigo series that launched in the past few months. It mixes fantasy with Scottish mythology and while we're still early in the story, it quickly reels in its readers. A woman is searching for her sister that went missing decades earlier and finds herself face-to-face with a mystical creature that's been imprisoned for thousands of years beneath Scottland. If mythology is something that intrigues you, try Red Thorn out.

No Caption Provided

Silver Surfer #2

Written by Dan Slott

Art by Mike Allred

Dan Slott and Mike Allred have been doing some strange and wacky things with Silver Surfer and his traveling companion Dawn Greenwood. The combination of the story along with Allred's art and Laura Allred's colors has been fantastic. This is truly a case where you never know what to expect next. It's also apparently going to be Clobbering Time because the Thing is making an appearance along with Alicia Masters.

No Caption Provided

American Vampire Volume 8

Written by Scott Snyder

Art by Rafael Albuquerque

Scott Snyder's take on vampires has been such a trip. The story and characters have now entered the 60s. That means the war against communism is taking place as well as the race to the stars. Yes, that means vampires in space. With art by Rafael Albuquerque and colors by Dave McCaig, this book looks as great as the story is.

No Caption Provided

Invincible Volume 22: Reboot

Written by Robert Kirkman

Art by Ryan Ottley, Cliff Rathburn

If you have kept up with comics in the past few years, you know that both Marvel and DC have done their own reboots of their universes, where everything just starts over, in a sense. Invincible, a super-hero book that plays by its own rules, did the same thing, to an extent. This is the best traditional super-hero book on the shelves. It's geared more towards an adult audience, and it's written by The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman. What's really phenomenal about this series is the artwork from Ryan Ottley. He can make someone's face getting smashed in one of the most beautiful pieces of art around.

No Caption Provided

Bill & Ted's Most Triumphant Return Volume 1

Written by Brian Lynch

Art by Jerry Gaylord

Bill & Ted returned last year in a new mini-series from BOOM! Studios, and it was most excellent. The adventures of these bodacious buddies continue right after the events of Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, where the Wyld Stallyns have written their first hit and have to find a follow-up song to cement their legacy. This book really captured the spirit of the characters well, thanks to Brian Lynch's writing, and Jerry Gaylord's art gave this book an animated feel, which is completely fitting.

What books are you looking forward to this week?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Essentials: Martian Manhunter, Star Wars (new arc).

Honorable mentions: Batman and Robin Eternal, Robin Son of Batman, Titans Hunt, Wonder Woman, Uncanny Inhumans.

Other stuff I'm getting: Doctor Fate, Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death, Sinestro.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zearing

I'll certainly try Power Man and Iron Fist, but I'm not thrilled about the art.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ScrappyDont27

I am very excited about Powerman and Ironfist

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

What's up with the lack of Justice League?

Anyway here are my essentials:

Justice League: Darkseid War Special

Sinestro #20

Robin: Son of Batman #9

Poison Ivy #2

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: I was talking about the Darkseid War Special which is out this week.

https://www.comixology.com/Justice-League-Darkseid-War-Special-2016-1/digital-comic/330624?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

My take:

Doctor Fate #9:Seeing Khalid, a college kid who doesn't care so much about the helm of Fate itself, so much as doing the right thing with the power, doing his thing, caused me to realize that DC doesn't have many heroes in that age gap between teenager and adult that we see dealing with the problems that many people in that transitional age range have to deal with. It's a nice change.

Batman and Robin Eternal #20:Things are heating up now that we've been given a glimpse of where Harper comes from, as well as her connection to Mother in the grand scheme of things, and it almost makes me like her. Almost. That having been said, I do hope that the focus shifts back to Dick Grayson and Cassandra Cain, and that Damian shows up eventually.

Huck #4:Don't need to explain myself here. Millar knows how to write an enthralling story, which isn't surprising at all. What is surprising is the fact that he's been writing a rather lighthearted story, which is the best part.

I Hate Fairyland #5:Want to see where this ends, what with it being a rather dark and humorous take on the classic "Hero's Journey" trope.

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #4:Gilad versus the giant demon keeping him from coming back to life. Super dope.

Starbrand and Nightmask #3:This book took two (fairly) new characters that I had already found myself interested in, and made them even more compelling by giving their characters much more depth than they already had thanks to the trauma Kevin experienced, and Adam's relative naivete of the world and the people in it. One has been losing his grip on his humanity ever since he (accidentally) murdered an entire campus-full of fellow students, while the other acknowledges that, in order to best serve as Earth's defense system, then he must take the time to connect with the creatures living on it. I love it.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

I am definitely on the "too soon for another event" bandwagon. If Secret Wars had ended when it was supposed to, that might be different. But having lasted way past its original due date, this now comes way too close on its heels. Plus, while I have no idea what this is about other than the Cube on its cover, it's too early to go cosmic again. How can a Cube compete with the entire race of Beyonders for cosmic stakes? Plus, how does a darn Cube even work now that the Beyonders are presumably gone?

Myself, I'm getting some stuff for the kids--Adventure Time Ice King, Plants vs Zombies, and Lumberjanes--and Star Wars, Squadron Supreme, and Spider Woman for myself.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#9  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@theexile285 said:

@apokos7: I was talking about the Darkseid War Special which is out this week.

https://www.comixology.com/Justice-League-Darkseid-War-Special-2016-1/digital-comic/330624?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9pdGVtU2xpZGVy

That issue is another fluke, the digital edition might be released before the print edition, that special is not supposed to be released until March 9th. At least once a month a DC comic gets released digitally a week or two early by mistake (for one of many digital retailers) but it is rarely more then a week early so most likely even though it says Feb 17th it'll probably not come out and the date will shift to its proper one come Wednesday.

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

I'm not sure Marvel's "reboot" really counts. Really looking forward to the new volume of Invincible though :)

Squadron Supreme and I Hate Fairyland deserve mentions too I feel like.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iron fist and american alien by far are the two i am most excited for this week

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My take:

Doctor Fate #9:Seeing Khalid, a college kid who doesn't care so much about the helm of Fate itself, so much as doing the right thing with the power, doing his thing, caused me to realize that DC doesn't have many heroes in that age gap between teenager and adult that we see dealing with the problems that many people in that transitional age range have to deal with. It's a nice change.

Well you just convinced me to pull the trigger on the vol. 1 TPB that's coming out soon.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Zeeguy91

My essentials for the week:

Sinestro #20

Mighty Thor #4

Robin: Son of Batman #9

Spider-Woman #4

Might also pick up Uncanny Inhumans #5

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter 9, Robin Son of Batman 9, Uncanny Inhumans 5, Archie 6, Wrath of the Eternal Warrior 4.

Not a huge week but a ton of my most anticipated titles of the month.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Essentials,

1. Birthright #14

2. Sinestro #20

3. Robin Son of Batman #9

4. Titans Hunt #5

5. Harley Quinn #25

6. Martian Manhunter #9

7. The rest of my pull list, Batman and Robin Eternal #20, Injustice Year Five #4, Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death #2, Secret Six #11, Star Wars #16 and Big Trouble In Little China #21

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 cheers for Powerman, Huck and a beautiful Dodson Star Wars cover!

I just killed American Vampire Vol 5. I got some catching up to do.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theexile285: Dr Fate is one of my favorite current titles, highly recommend it.

Props to ComicVine for spreading the love around some. It seems like these are usually just DC and Marvel lists, but this one is really branched out. Anyone not reading Invincible needs to great, its great!

Avatar image for fastestmanalive
Fastestmanalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty decent week for me.

Wonder Woman #49

Martian Manhunter #9

Batman and Robin Eternal #20

Titans Hunt #5

Sinestro #20

Superman American Alien #4

rac_shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Pull this week...

• Birthright #14

• Clean Room #5

• Devolution #2

• Huck #4

• I Hate Fairyland #5

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

For those that have been waiting, it has been announced that the Archie Horror line will return for summer, the first issue back will be Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #5 on May 18th followed by Afterlife with Archie #9 on June 1st. The delays have been attributed to the Riverdale pilot.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Amazing Spider-Man #8
  • Extraordinary X-Men #7
  • Power Man and Iron Fist #1
  • Silver Surfer #2
  • Squadron Supreme #4
  • Superman American Alien #4
  • Uncanny Inhumans #5
Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #4

Imperium #13

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Wow. And I thought the delays for the Sonic comics were bad. I think they're too focused on their reboot while ignoring their best stuff.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@NukeA6: well it's not so much the reboot, like I said in my post they are attributing the delays to the Riverdale pilot, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa who is writing both Archie Horror titles was also working on the Riverdale pilot which can be pretty time consuming.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral said:

My take:

Well you just convinced me to pull the trigger on the vol. 1 TPB that's coming out soon.

No Caption Provided

mikey776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extraordinary X-men and Power Man & Iron Fist

Avatar image for bawegrannaweninnybong
Bawegrannaweninnybong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great week for comics, I'm mostly looking forward to Astro City, Usagi, I Hate Fairly Land and the Black Hood. I get all my Marvel Comics on the Marvel Unlimited app so you won't find any Marvel comics in this weeks (or any weeks) list. I'm dropping most of the Vertigo stuff, The Shield and Doctor Fate soon (too many comics too little time). I preorder two months in advance so I'm stuck with some stuff unfortunately.

(W) Kurt Busiek (A) Brent Eric Anderson (CA) Alex Ross A look in at Steeljack, and how he's been getting by the last few years. When he's hired by a femme fatale from his past, he'll wind up in deep trouble, with no one to turn to. Part 1 of a 3-part sequel to 'The Tarnished Angel,' one of ASTRO CITY's most popular stories.445025Astro City #32
DEC150357
(W) Joshua Williamson (A/CA) Andrei Bressan, Adriano Lucas In the aftermath of last issue's epic battle, a new war begins… between brothers. Plus a new 'Hero's Journey' variant by NICK DRAGOTTA (EAST OF WEST)!445025Birthright #14 Cvr A Bressan & Lucas
DEC150566
(W) Kelly Sue DeConnick (A/CA) Valentine De Landro Makoto arrives on Bitch Planet. Whitney has to answer for Meiko's death. Kam gets a new cellmate and a critical clue to the whereabouts of her sister.445025Bitch Planet #7 (MR)
DEC150546
(W) Duane Swierczynski (A) Michael Gaydos (CA) Francesco Francavilla 'The Lonely Crusade,' Part 3. An unlikely ally leads the Black Hood to the Crusaders' secret lair-and what the Hood finds inside will shock you. If you thought the shotgun blast to the face in issue #1 was brutal, steel yourself for the savage hardboiled action of this one, folks. Nobody's going to walk away clean!440772Black Hood #9 Reg Cvr A Francavilla (MR)
NOV151051
(W) Gail Simone (A) Jon Davis-Hunt, Jenny Frison Astrid Mueller is scared for the first time as she struggles to tame a Clean Room gone wildly out of control. Meanwhile, her cult followers take the recruitment process to a whole new level. And Chloe faces demons more horrible than even her own hallucinations.445025Clean Room #5 (MR)
DEC150359
(W) Christos N. Gage (A) Fernando Heinz (CA) Christian Zanier Christos Gage returns to Crossed and to his ultimate killing machine, Smokey, as a new group of survivors encounter the ultimate alpha male. Some victim must have told Smokey about the bunker and now there is nothing he wants more. The underground survivors are watching their worst nightmare come true… a Crossed that can plot and plan and worst of all, delay his gratification to toy with his prey. Available with Regular & Torture Cover by Christian Zanier, Wraparound by Raulo Caceres , C-Day Worldwide Cover by German Nobile, Art Deco Cover by Michael Dipascale, and Red Crossed Incentive Cover also by Zanier.445025Crossed Badlands #94 (MR)
DEC151046
(W) Rick Remender (A) Jonathan Wayshak (CA) Jae Lee The road to salvation is lined with Nazi hillbillies and Neanderthals. Raja finds that trusting people is a bad idea. Check out the thrilling new series that Rick Remender (Black Science, Deadly Class) describes as 'a heavy dose of high-octane action, character drama, a world of strange reverse mutations, and social commentary - as we follow the last tribe of humans inoculated from the devolution agent as they set out on a desperate journey to try to find a way to re-evolve life on Earth.'445025Devolution #2 (of 5) Cvr A Lee (MR)
DEC151233
(W) Paul Levitz (A/CA) Sonny Liew Khalid's quest for answers leads the young Doctor Fate to his ancestral homeland of Egypt, where he discovers that malevolent supernatural forces have conspired to make life a lot harder for humanity than it should be.445025Doctor Fate #9
DEC150229
(W) Greg Rucka (A) Carmen Nunez Carnero, Terry Pallot (CA) Sachin Teng Cornered by demons and assassins, mercenaries Tessa and Marius are fighting for their lives. While searching for a safe haven, they rescue a village from demons, garnering the attention of the only organization trying to save the world-the Inquisition! o A new adventure taking place during the timeline of Dragon Age: Inquisition. o An essential addition to the Dragon Age canon!445025Dragon Age Magekiller #3 (of 5)
DEC150051
(W) Mark Millar (A/CA) Rafael Albuquerque New revelations about Huck's origins come to light!445025Huck #4 Cvr A Albuquerque
DEC150587
(W/A/CA) Skottie Young END OF STORY ARC Gertrude finds herself some super dark evil powers just in time to face-off against Happy and battle it out for the Key back to their world. MAJOR PLOT POINT After twenty-seven years the Key has been found and someone will be returning to the real world. Will it be Gert or Happy? This is the ultimate, legendary, epic end to the first story arc of the most important comic that matters more than all the other comics.445025I Hate Fairyland #5 Cvr A Young (MR)
DEC150589
(W) Joshua Dysart (A) Khari Evans (CA) Robert Gill ALL-NEW ARC! JUMP ON BOARD HERE! 'STORMBREAK' is about to bombard the front lines of the Valiant Universe! The world's most powerful team of mercenaries is on the defensive… as an elite international kill squad led by Livewire and H.A.R.D. Corp's Major Charlie Palmer descends to destroy Imperium's stronghold! Toyo Harada will save the world…if he doesn't doom it first. The revolutionary disruption that Harada and his team have launched - by deposing tyrants, housing refugees, and feeding the poor - has come at the expense of the world's wealthiest nations. When the planet's leaders have had enough, it will be decided: Toyo Harada must die. Now a crack unit of operatives will stand against Harada on the global stage…with his own former pupil Livewire taking him head-on. Meanwhile, Harada's military lieutenant Gravedog meets his match when Palmer drops into the firefight of a lifetime…H.A.R.D. Corps vs. H.A.R.D. Corps! The war starts here as New York Times best-selling writer Joshua Dysart (HARBINGER WARS) and Harvey Award-nominated artistKhari Evans (HARBINGER, Immortal Iron Fist) unite for an explosive new jumping-on point…pitting the Valiant Universe's notorious team of monsters and revolutionaries against the very system they've sworn to overthrow!445025Imperium #13 Cvr A Gill (New Arc) *Special Discount*
DEC151658
(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Peter Krause On the trail of the murderer who bankrupted them, Galahad and Nocturnus are forced to travel overseas-where their connections and resources are of no use to them!445025Insufferable On The Road #1
DEC150482
(W) Holly Black (A) Lee Garbett (CA) Dave Johnson Finding little assistance in Hell, Gabriel and Lucifer continue their quest to uncover their Father's murderer. Next stop: The Dreaming. Meanwhile, Azazel, a former Archduke loyal to Beelzebub, finds himself in the hands of an unlikely savior, an orphaned thirteen-year-old girl named Medjine.445025Lucifer #3 (MR)
DEC150365
(W) David Baillie (A) Meghan Hetrick-Murante (CA) Choong Yoon Travel to a walled Moroccan city by the sea, where you'll meet Tarek, a boy who's been drawing maps his whole life-maps of places that don't exist. Get a glimpse of what Thorn was up to in 410AD, and watch as a castle is magicked out of thin air onto a hill in the middle of Glasgow. Witness how Isla discovers how awful Red Cap wine tastes before seeing the most gorgeous double-page spread of the year, as we thunder toward the terrible revelations that will soon bring our first arc, 'Glasgow Kiss,' to a close.445025Red Thorn #4 (MR)
DEC150366
(W) Chuck Wendig, Adam Christopher (A) Drew Johnson (CA) David Williams 'Daughter of the Revolution': Part 2-Running out of places to hide, the Shield discovers she is not without allies. Detective Nicole Simmons seems to know exactly who - and what - the Shield is, but with the enigmatic government agent Walter Chase closing the noose, the pair face two difficult questions: why is the Shield back now, and whose side is she really on? Regular cover by David Williams.427244Shield (Dark Circle) #2 Williams Reg Cvr (Res) (MR)
AUG151061
(W) Joe Harris (A/CA) Martin Morazzo Writer JOE HARRIS (The X-Files) and artist MARTÍN MORAZZO (Vertigo Quarterly), creators of GREAT PACIFIC, reunite for a brand new ongoing science-fiction series and an OVERSIZED DEBUT ISSUE featuring thirty-two pages of story! In the year 2045 it no longer snows. A catastrophic crash has left the climate ravaged, society splintered, and the newly-christened 'Cooperative States of America' propped up and administered by the powerful Hazeltyne Corporation. Only one man wages an all-out weather war against the system, wielding the forces of nature themselves as weapons. He is the White Wizard. The ghost in the night. Genius. Terrorist. Outlaw. Hero?445025Snowfall #1 (MR) *Special Discount*
DEC150539
(W) Brian Wood (A/CA) Danijel Zezelj, Dave Stewart NEW STORY ARC Critically-acclaimed STARVE is back for a second season! Chef Gavin Cruikshank shifts his focus from the soundstage to the streets, addressing real world themes of food scarcity and class warfare. Smart, subversive, and darkly comic, STARVE is an instant cult classic.445025Starve #6 (MR)
DEC150553
(W) Tom Peyer & Various (A) Randy Valiente, Colton Worley (CA) Jonathan Lau There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. Journey back to where it all began! The year was 1959, the Twilight Zone took over the airwaves, and television was changed forever! Now, Dynamite has recruited three all-star writing talents to craft a unique Twilight Zone story paying homage to where it all began! Including the first Dynamite work by writer Tom Peyer, the return of John Layman, and a tale masterminded by Twilight Zone writer Mark Rahner! Three unique tales, each firmly set in that other dimension… the Twilight Zone!445025Twilight Zone #1959
DEC151218
(W/A/CA) Stan Sakai Usagi's travels take him to a village plagued by rainstorms threatening to destroy it. While the rabbit ronin organizes the men to build a levee, the defenseless town is ransacked by bandits. Now Usagi and his companions must choose: chase after the brigands and risk a flood or finish the dike and face starvation!445025Usagi Yojimbo #152
DEC150124
(W) Robert Venditti (A) Raul Allen (CA) David LaFuente Even Hell has met its match…in the unrelenting fury of the Eternal Warrior! In the wake of BOOK OF DEATH…the Earth's immortal champion is dead…but his battle is far from over. Cast out of our world and into a fearsome afterlife of pain and punishment, Gilad is determined to return to our world and resume his duty… But can even history's most formidable master of war forge ahead in an unearthly domain built to break the human spirit?445025Wrath of The Eternal Warrior #4 Cvr A Lafuente
DEC151663
MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Power Man & Iron Fist

Archie

possibly Batman & TMNT #1 reprint

I'll wait and see how the next Standoff event preview looks like. I like Nick Spencer's writing for Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Ant-Man.

GokaiFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish you guys posted the link to entire weekly release list, like you used to. But the only one I'm really on is Birthright. I love that series.