ComicVine Star 2/10/11 - Voting Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The voting thread is back! In order to figure out who will be chosen as this week's starlet, I'm going to see what you guys think. The rules are below, so tell me who is worth of ComicVine Immortality.... or Internet Immortality.... or Immortality in general.

Rules:

Nominate someone you think is super-rad or nominate yourself.
Give a reason why and a link to something the person, or you, did the past couple of weeks on this site that is worthy. If there's no link, then I may pass over it. I like links.
No nominations for past winners please.
You get two nominations, anything more than that will be ignore to the X-treme.
It can be a guy or a girl. Don't matter none
Remember, all nominees will be considered, but the overall winner is based on the number of votes AND the nominee's input into this website. Simply having the most votes does not guarantee a win. 
Have fun.... or else.

It's about 1:00pm central now, and I'll keep this open until 10am Central time tomorrow.    
 Here's the past winners, so you don't vote for them again:
Mistress Redhead & Final Arrow
Sha
Psyentist
Decept-O 
sora_thekey
Dark Huntress
Silkcuts 
haydenclaireheroes
Aztek the Lost
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Thank you inferiorego!  

I think both the following posters are totally rad, like even more totally rad than even a Dancin' Kim Rad Dance Video. So am I ready to start. Sure. Okay!  

I nominate   xerox-kitty. xerox-kitty was a huge help in helping me get familiar with the Wiki system, and answered or my mundane and obvious questions, and so now I can help with the CV wiki, and thanks to XK, I won't accidentally break or destroy anything. Which I probably would have done with out aid lol Speaking of CV wiki, X-K is like ranked 8 or something. How friggen impressive is that? Not wiki points on the lame characters either, cool characters like Boom Boom and Madrox and probably Copycat. Oh, also being a mod is a pretty tough job no doubt. You have to deal with whiny people complaining about stupid things and spamming and making repeat threads. I sort of suck at linking things, but if I do this right, this link, should lead to a page showcasing just one of X-K's many crowning moments of win in the Pulp Fiction Game. lol  How can such talent be denied!

Speaking of Pulp, my next nominee created the Pulp thread and that would be the lovely Roxanne Star and hell yeah thats one cool username, but thats her actual name. Don't believe me? Check Roxannes own actual CV page. Also creator of the Snowy Covers Thread and also very kind and encouraging of new people such as myself. Actually Roxanne Star wanted me to nominate Xerox Kitty which is confusing, because you know someone deserves to be nominated when they tell you to nominate other people right? Roxanne Star also does a good job with the CV wiki, by highlighting comic creators. Possible the only area CV wiki is sort of lacking, because well characters are more fun and easy to do. Its entirely possible that she is the greatest letterer since Johannes Gutenberg, great grandfather of Steve Gutenberg, probably better when you take his linage into consideration.  

I rest my case!  

Honorable mention/vote to Aztek, for lack of linkage with his name, cause that stuff is thrilling! and because I slept all of last Friday and missed voting for him. lmao. Even though he is like The Vertigo guy and makes the best quiz challenge things with that list thing, and was also very humble with his win the other week!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I vote for Inferiorego and anyone who says otherwise deserves the ban hammer.
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

I can support Xerox-Kitty being starlet this week, she is very helpful and it seems any time i start going crazy in the Battle Forums she comes along and moves it back in the right direction. Also she is always a very nice and helpful person (not to say that the other mods aren't).

well thats all i got SC stole all the other points

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Caligula
Roxanne Star

the funniest most, educational member of the Vine. She created the Pulp Fiction thread which consistently produces some of the best times a member of the Vine can have.

Shatterstar

Shatterstar is the most dedicated mod to the artist-showoff, he keeps back logs and galleries of contest winners and keeps the Artist-Show-off forums rolling. and is extremely supportive of us artists.
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Om1kron

Shatterstar 

Shatterstar is the most dedicated mod to the artist-showoff, he keeps back logs and galleries of contest winners and keeps the Artist-Show-off forums rolling. and is extremely supportive of us artists.     

this
Avatar image for thecheckeredman
thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By thecheckeredman

Shatterstar gets my vote.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Zoom
@k4tzm4n said:
"I vote for Inferiorego and anyone who says otherwise deserves the ban hammer. "

Oh you're no fun anymore.
MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#11  Edited By MTHarman

I would vote for Blurred Veiw  because of how much details and insight he puts into his reviews, which there are a great amount. 

I would also agree with Shatterstar, wiki-points are highly valuable and research materials is very a lovely thing to have within this site.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
Shatterstar  Shatterstar is the most dedicated mod to the artist-showoff, he keeps back logs and galleries of contest winners and keeps the Artist-Show-off forums rolling. and is extremely supportive of us artists. "

I uh, whatever number this motion lol , go Shatterstar!!!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Decept-O

Thusly, my vote is cast for Shatterstar.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lance Uppercut
Zoom. He's a dedicated contributor to the wiki, and happens to be the highest contributor to the Rogues Gallery. His knowledge of comics is extensive, and he's always willing to exhibit this in the debate forum (example 1, example 2) as well as helping to contribute to news discussions and reporting important bugs. I've never seen anyone say a bad thing about Zoom in public. He truly is a lovely fellow once you get to know him. 
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Oh. And IE. Because I can vote for two people. 

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By frischdvh

Shatterstar
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DavidR

Shatterstar Fo Sho!!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

Shatterstar and xerox-kitty.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@SC: 

Thanks, SC!

I see you've done a lot of following me around ComicVine in the short time you've been here. But there's one area of my life I don't think you have run across yet. My never-ending struggle in the Homeowners' Association War that I am constantly embroiled in. And it is because of meetings with lawyers and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah that today...yet again...I didn't get to design any covers for my brilliant writing staff. Sorry Johnny-O and Caligula. :(
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Strafe Prower

jloneblackheart for contributing to the wiki, adding new comics, and various other things 

Morpheus_ for his wiki contributions, activity in the forums and various other things.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#21  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Agent Buttons
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Shatterstar and xerox-kitty. "
Cosigned.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23  Edited By Darkchild
@Agent Buttons said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
Cosigned. "
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By sora_thekey
@M.S. Feather said:
" @Caligula said:

" Shatterstar  Shatterstar is the most dedicated mod to the artist-showoff, he keeps back logs and galleries of contest winners and keeps the Artist-Show-off forums rolling. and is extremely supportive of us artists. "

Third. : ) "
Agreed!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By tonis

gotta support my fellow artist and kick ass modman. 
Shatterstar

Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yumulu
M.S. Feather's for the hundreds of volumes he add every week ( and I am almost not exaggerating)

And for a little variety because a mod won last week.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By Zoom

I nominate Vance Astro for extensively editing the wiki and Icarusflies for having cute pets.
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hawk

Vote Hawk!
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I nominate xerox-kitty. Her continuous wikis submissions to the site, and her structure of these said wikis are of high quality and easy for people to read. Among these wikis: Boom Boom, Cyclops, Cypher, Martha Jones (big up for the Doctor Who fan!) and many many many many more. She constantly creating great blogs which vary in information. Mostly about this site and she is even trying to help other Whiskey Media sites, Screened. Showing her PS3 and Marvel love with Little Big Planet updates Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 and Group 4. It makes me look through other Comic characters that LBP create. AND my favourite blog of them all is the Misfits one. It's one of my favourite shows on television not just in Britain. Someone described it as " Heroes on Crack". 
She is a constantly active mod ( not that the other are not), helping people when they need it, directing them to the right place and locking the right threads quite quickly. Stopping the Troll, Spite vermin form spreading. 
She also partakes in the battle threads showing her knowledge of Marvel characters. I would post some battle threads she has been in, but I can go past a few pages on her forum posts. 
Xerox is also very helpful to anyone and everyone.  That's why until Morph' became a mod, she was my favourite one.

I'll think of my other nomination soon It'll probably be Buckshot. I'll do more info on him later.

jrh7925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jrh7925
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Backflip
@Darkchild said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
Cosigned. "
"

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Mercy_
@Supreme Marvel: Nicely done. Was just about to come in and do a write up of her stuff.  

She also does a wholeeeeeeeeee bunch of the Marvel solicits every week, taking the time to crop them before uploading them. 
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By shanana

G-MAN!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Roxanne Starr said:

" @SC:  But there's one area of my life I don't think you have run across yet. My never-ending struggle in the Homeowners' Association War that I am constantly embroiled in. And it is because of meetings with lawyers and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah that today...yet again...I didn't get to design any covers for my brilliant writing staff. Sorry Johnny-O and Caligula. :( "

Wait what? 0_o 

That sounds vaguely genuine or... what? I'll ask about it later, If you need me to boycott anything let me know!  

@The Dark Huntress said: 

@Supreme Marvel: Nicely done. Was just about to come in and do a write up of her stuff.   She also does a wholeeeeeeeeee bunch of the Marvel solicits every week, taking the time to crop them before uploading them.  "

I agree with DH, Supreme Marvel that was great!  Plus DH, worth mentioning X-D's dislike of Matt Fractions Uncanny X-Men.   lol
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
I vote for Xerox.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@SC said:
" @Roxanne Starr said:

" @SC:  But there's one area of my life I don't think you have run across yet. My never-ending struggle in the Homeowners' Association War that I am constantly embroiled in. And it is because of meetings with lawyers and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah that today...yet again...I didn't get to design any covers for my brilliant writing staff. Sorry Johnny-O and Caligula. :( "

Wait what? 0_o 

That sounds vaguely genuine or... what? I'll ask about it later, If you need me to boycott anything let me know!  

Please do, SC. Boycott the entire US real estate market which has gone into the toilet more rapidly in the last two years than at any other time in US history!!! *Grumble* 

I wrote a rap song about my homeowners' association on CV awhile back...but the song is all lies. It's on a thread about how Kanye West is a better lyric "writer" than Tupak. As you can see, I use the term "writer" loosely.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Caligula
@Roxanne Starr: I like how you spelled Tupac with a K, and speaking of Boycotting and Tupac....
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@Caligula said:
" @Roxanne Starr: I like how you spelled Tupac with a K, and speaking of Boycotting and Tupac.... "

You remember that rap song, don't you C.? lol. 

There were people on that thread who actually believed the I had put some time and thought into composing it. LMAO!!!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Caligula
@Roxanne Starr said:
" @Caligula said:
" @Roxanne Starr: I like how you spelled Tupac with a K, and speaking of Boycotting and Tupac.... "

You remember that rap song, don't you C.? lol. 

There were people on that thread who actually believed the I had put some time and thought into composing it. LMAO!!! "
lol. classic it was classic.
Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@Caligula: 

Q.: How long does it take to write a rap song? 

A: One second, two seconds, three seconds....DUH...(What comes after three?)

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xerox Kitty- Obvious reasons (she is awesome, millions of points, incredibly helpful, she has pretty hair)

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" Xerox Kitty- Obvious reasons (she is awesome, millions of points, incredibly helpful, she has pretty hair) "
You forgot another point. One that stands out for me. She's British! :D
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost: why could we NOT vote? o_O

@Supreme Marvel
said:
" @.Mistress Redhead. said:
" Xerox Kitty- Obvious reasons (she is awesome, millions of points, incredibly helpful, she has pretty hair) "
You forgot another point. One that stands out for me. She's British! :D "
oh bloody good point old son!
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek the lost said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: oh idk, I never did because I figured we'd get accused of manipulating the outcome (which is ridiculous considering the fact IE thinks he's too good to even sink to the level of acknowledging us mods but still...) "
pfft, he is staff not a mod, we are still users of course we can vote, your paranoid ;p
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Precise

Xerox-Kitty and Shatterstar are getting my votes for reasons already stated =)

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Backflip said:
" @Darkchild said:
" @Agent Buttons said: