The Green Lantern (Alan Scott) Chapter 1.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ColonelRunAway

RATED T - For violence.

No Caption Provided

INTRO PAGE

PREVIOUSLY: Young train engineer Alan Scott nearly perished in an unfortunate bridge collapse. But by a stroke of luck, the train happened to hold a lantern containing a mystic Green Flame, which protected Scott and told him its history. Upon realizing that the bridge collapse was no accident, but the work of criminal sabotage, Scott carved a ring from the lantern that he may use the Flame’s power with him everywhere he went, battling crime as…

THE GREEN LANTERN

CHAPTER 1. THE SECRET OF THE SMUGGLERS

CREDITS

PAGE 1.

1.1/ We open in front of a suspicious looking warehouse in the middle of the night, in 1940’s Gotham City. There’s a large truck pulling up to the opening garage.

CAPTION: Gotham City.

CAPTION: 1940.

1.2/ A balding man in a suit and a dark coat stands in the garage door, glaring ahead.

1.3/ POV from someone on a rooftop across from the warehouse. They’re watching the truck pull into the garage as the balding man steps to the side, still looking around.

1.4/ Front view of the balding man as he turns and walks back into the closing garage. On the rooftop behind him, one can make out the silhouette of Green Lantern’s raised collar.

PAGE 2.

2.1/ Four men stand in the warehouse as the driver of the truck and his passenger, get out. They’re all dressed like stereotypical gangsters for the era.

GANGSTER 1: Got the stuff?

2.2/ The driver and the passenger walk up to the other gangsters. Behind them, the balding man can be seen looking in the back of the truck.

DRIVER: Yeah. Guess so.

PASSENGER: What is it?

2.3/ The whole group starts to walk around to the back of the truck.

GANGSTER 2: How should we know? Don’t you?

PASSENGER: Nah. Smells funny though.

2.4/ The entire group reaches the back of the truck, but the balding man is standing in their way.

BALDING MAN: It’s Mr. G’s business, not yours. He’s just payin’ you to keep it safe.

2.5/ Some of the gangsters begin to argue amongst themselves.

GANGSTER 2: C’mon, it’s our necks on the line! We deserve a peek!

GANGSTER 3: Hey man, I ain’t crossin’ Mr. G. You hear the stories ‘bout him?

2.6/ Same shot as 2.5, but Gangster 2 has a sudden look of surprise and horror.

GANGSTER 2: Just ‘cuz the guy stinks like a bayou don’t mean he has any hocus pocus—

GANGSTER 2: HOLY JEEZ!

PAGE 3.

3.1/ FULL PAGE SPREAD. Green Lantern phases into the warehouse through one of the walls, his ring pointed forward. He’s wearing a mask that’s clearly just being held on by string.

GANGSTER 2: IT’S THE LANTERN!

PAGE 4.

4.1/ GL runs towards the gangsters, most of whom have pulled out their guns and are firing at him. He’s created a simple circular construct for a shield.

4.2/ GL gets close enough to one of the gangsters to punch him in the face, while the rest back off and continue to fire.

4.3/ GL flies with his arms outstretched towards one of the other gangsters, as the gangster turns and runs. The rest still fire at GL, but miss.

4.4/ GL picks the gangster up with both hands.

GANGSTER: H-HEY!

PAGE 5.

5.1/ GL throws the gangster at the driver and passenger gangsters, who are standing close to each other.

DRIVER: LOOK OUT!

5.2/ The thrown gangster flies into the driver and passenger, bowling them over.

DRIVER: Ugggh…

5.3/ While GL creates another circular shield to block more of the incoming rounds, one of the gangsters runs up to him from the side, firing his gun directly at GL’s head.

5.4/ The bullet ricochets off the side of GL’s head. He winces in slight pain.

GREEN LANTERN: Agh!

5.5/ GL instinctively gestures his ring at the gangster, and a green fireball shoots out of it.

PAGE 6.

6.1/ The fireball hits the gangster and explodes. He isn’t actually burned, but he’s knocked off his feet.

6.2/ GL stares in surprise towards the reader. Behind him, the last gangster stares too.

6.3/ Same shot as 6.2, but GL turns his neck to look at the gangster, who’s dropped his gun and raised his hands.

GANGSTER: I SURRENDER!

PAGE 7.

7.1/ GL points his ring at the gangster.

GREEN LANTERN: Good move.

GREEN LANTERN: Now, what were you hiding?

7.2/ The gangster points at the truck.

GANGSTER: I DUNNO! B-BUT I CAN SHOW IT TO YOU!

7.3/ GL and the gangster walk up to the truck, GL keeping his ring aimed at the poor thug.

GREEN LANTERN: Fine by me.

CAPTION (GL): That was new.

7.4/ The two continue to approach the truck.

CAPTION (GL): It’s been almost a month, and I’m still finding new things this ring can do every day.

7.5/ The two of them reach the back of the truck.

CAPTION (GL): Not that I’m complaining. These thugs were a hell of a step up from the usual purse snatchers I see around these parts.

PAGE 8.

8.1/ The gangster begins to open the back of the truck, though what’s inside still isn’t visible.

CAPTION (GL): It’s just too bad it came out of nowhe—

8.2/ Large panel of GL reacting in shock at whatever’s in the truck.

GREEN LANTERN: WHAT THE—

PAGE 9.

9.1/ The balding man whacks GL on the back of the head with an old wooden plank, breaking it.

9.2/ GL falls face first onto the ground.

9.3/ The gangster that opened the truck looks at the balding man, gleefully.

GANGSTER: Woah! Thanks boss, he made me—

9.4/ The balding man whacks the gangster in the face with the half of the plank still in his hand.

PAGE 10.

10.1/ POV from GL, as he lies on the ground with his head sideways. All of the gangsters are getting back to their feet, and the balding man is walking towards them.

10.2/ Same POV as the gangsters begin to talk to the balding man (their mouths are open and they’re making hand gestures, despite the lack of dialogue). The borders of the panel have some black fog around them.

10.3/ Same POV as the gangsters continue talking, but the balding man looks back at GL/the reader. The black fog is filling more of the panel.

10.4/ Same POV as the balding man begins to walk back towards GL/the reader. There’s more black fog.

10.5/ Same POV as the balding man now crouches down and reaches towards GL/the reader. There’s even more black fog.

10.6/ All black.

PAGE 11.

11.1/ BLACK PAGE

PAGE 12.

12.1/ Close up on GL’s closed eyes. He isn’t wearing his mask, and there’s very little light.

12.2/ Same shot as 11.1, but GL’s eyes are open.

CAPTION (GL): AHHHH!

12.3/ A slightly zoomed out view of GL. He’s crammed in a very small dark place, with his arms uncomfortably positioned behind his back.

CAPTION (GL): MY HEAD!

CAPTION (GL): …Where am I?

12.4/ Close up on GL’s hands. They’re tied together at the wrist, and he isn’t wearing his ring.

CAPTION (GL): Hands tied.

CAPTION (GL): No ring.

CAPTION (GL): We’re moving…

12.5/ GL’s frustrated face.

CAPTION (GL): Damn, they must’ve knocked me out! Probably taking me to Slaughter Swamp to finish me off!

PAGE 13.

13.1/ GL struggles slightly.

CAPTION (GL): All that power… Why can’t that ring protect me from a hunk of wood?

13.2/ Cut to GL’s ring on a Caucasian hand gripping a steering wheel.

CAPTION (ring): I have told you before: I shall not harm anything that is or once was a part of The Green.

13.3/ Cut back to GL’s face, once again shocked.

CAPTION (GL): WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

13.4/ The ring.

CAPTION (ring): I am the Green Flame. We spoke when you acquired my lantern.

13.5/ GL.

CAPTION (GL): You’re… But why are you talking to me now?

CAPTION (ring): You were asking a question.

13.6/ The ring.

CAPTION (GL): But I’m not wearing the ring!

CAPTION (ring): It is nearby. There is still a connection.

13.7/ GL.

CAPTION (GL): It is?

CAPTION (ring): Yes.

13.8/ The ring.

CAPTION (GL): Then can you use your power to bring it to me?

PAGE 14.

14.1/ We see that the balding man is driving a car (still at night) and wearing the ring, but the hand wearing the ring is suddenly jerked upward as the ring starts glowing bright green.

CAPTION (ring): Yes.

BALDING MAN: WHAT?!

14.2/ The ring flies off the balding man’s finger and smashes through the passenger window.

14.3/ The balding man’s other hand accidentally turns hard on the steering wheel from his body being violently pulled.

14.4/ The man’s eyes shift from the ring back to the windshield.

PAGES 15 & 16.

15.1 & 16.1/ DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD. The car crashes into a fire hydrant. The trunk pops open.

PAGE 17.

17.1/ Large panel of GL flying out of the trunk of the car. We can see that not only are his hands tied, but his legs are as well.

17.2/ GL lands hard on the pavement.

GREEN LANTERN: UGH!

17.3/ GL gets another frustrated look.

GREEN LANTERN: That wasn’t helping!

PAGE 18.

18.1/ The Balding man stumbles out of the driver’s side door. His forehead looks bruised, but he’s otherwise in fairly good shape.

18.2/ The balding man pulls out a gun.

18.3/ The balding man points the gun at GL.

18.4/ Same shot as 18.3, but the ring has now flown over GL, and is still glowing bright green.

18.5/ The balding man looks frightened as the green glow is reflected in his eyes.

PAGE 19.

19.1/ The ring stops glowing as it lands on the pavement behind GL, just a few inches from his still-tied hands.

19.2/ GL from the front as he lies on his side, bound in the middle of the empty street.

GREEN LANTERN: There you are!

19.3/ Back to GL’s hands. His fingers are reaching for the ring, but it’s just a fraction of an inch out of his reach.

GREEN LANTERN: Ugh…

19.4/ GL’s face.

GREEN LANTERN: Come on…

19.5/ Same shot as 19.4, but there’s suddenly a bright light in GL’s face.

PAGE 20.

20.1/ FULL PAGE SPREAD. View of GL from the back as he lies in the street, fingers still desperately but fruitlessly reaching for the ring behind him. In front of him, a large, bright pair of headlights is approaching him, with the silhouette of a small car behind them. It’s only moments from running him over.

TO BE CONTINUED

IN CHAPTER 2. THE PERILOUS PLANTS.

Disclaimer: Green Lantern is not my own creation. Those rights belong to DC Comics and ect. I make no profit from this.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
  1. There's a spacing issue with 5.2.
  2. The action sequences are amazing. You did a great job.
  3. The cliffhanger is awesome!

Great work!