Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pooty said:

@highaccuser: For instance, Cheetah tagging Flash. There are no low showings for cheetah to suggest she couldn't do it, so how can it possibly be PIS?

I don't mind people saying Cheetah can tag flash. If Cheetah catches him unaware or Flash isn't going his fastest then I can see her tagging him. She has proven she is fast against WW and Supes a few times. What I don't like is when people say she is as fast as Flash or nearly as fast when we don't know how fast Flash was going when he got tagged.

It's more that Flash couldn't react in time despite all his speed.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer cannot beat Darkseid

Grabs popcorn

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tanking a beam from Galactus doesn't mean much, unless the blast has shown it's power, earlier in the comic.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141 said:

Grabs popcorn

I agree with this, and so does Marvel apparently.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141 said:

Grabs popcorn

Norrin would get stomped

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2156  Edited By XiiX

@beaconofstrength said:

Tanking a beam from Galactus doesn't mean much, unless the blast has shown it's power, earlier in the comic.

I agree.

This goes for nearly all attacks where the user has control of how powerful the attack is.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141 said:

Grabs popcorn

I think the recent thanos vs darkseid CAV has cleared up the whole Superman>Darkseid myth.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Dr. Doom, prep or no prep, is vastly over blown.

Peter Parker's intelligence and creativity gets undervalued against other preppers.

Giving a prepper prep does not mean instant victory, plans can and do fail when plot isn't involved.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@beaconofstrength said:

I agree.

This goes for nearly all attacks where the user has control of how powerful the attack is.

Eh, I could see an exception for something like Godblast, due to it being rare, and relatively consistent. I'm just saying it shouldn't really count for Galactus, considering how often someone gets hit with the beam, when we have no idea how strong it was. The only time I remember Galactus giving an attack, with established power, was in Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter (it may have been in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill, but that's not the point).

I just don't think it should count as a very valid durability feat, unless its power has been established.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2162  Edited By BlackWind

• Darkseid is almost always hundred by POS because he would stomp most planetary heroes with ease if he decides to even half serious. The whole Justice League should still have no chance of defeating him. I don't care if they are sun dipping or BFRing. Darkseid should be portrayed as the legit sky father of the Apokolips gods.

• It doesn't matter who you were trained by, if you don't have the appropriate feats to match someone, your training amounts to nothing.

• The "experience" of Angelus from the Buffyverse is overrated. He spent most of his life either torturing people, or walllwing in misery after getting cured. Even Spike said "Don't you ever get tired of fights you know you're gonna win," further proving be basically picked on weaker people instead of straight up battling. Not saying he isn't a good fighter though, because his feats prove he is. Its just that his age has not much to do with it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2163  Edited By Sy8000
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2164  Edited By DeathHero61

Considering its fanbase, goku being inferior to people weaker than superman such as martian manhunter and wonderwoman and such.

Or goku being stomped effortlessly by superman.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Black Panther and Captain America can beat Timmverse Batman. And even for his lack of showings, I'd argue Yellow Jacket could win.

IIRC Batman doesn't have a counter to Pym's versatility especially if it's morals off and Pym doesn't pull punches, stop his insect attacks or just BFRs Bruce into the microverse.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2166  Edited By XiiX

@highaccuser: The misconception being set straight that Superman is superior to Darkseid.

What went on to change many people's minds?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Jason Todd is actually underrated.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find Villains are more likely to be either overrated or underrated than Heroes.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

I find Villains are more likely to be either overrated or underrated than Heroes.

I agree, and I think the reason is, they have less feats than heroes.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Superman spent 5 days bench pressing, what happened to Clark's life, and what were the villains doing?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: He just is. I mean is you ignore the Jason one shots people. In pure skill and H2H I fined him underated.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: He just is. I mean is you ignore the Jason one shots people. In pure skill and H2H I fined him underated.

Of the Bat-sidekicks he is pretty underrated. I wouldn't put him on Dick's ability level, but I'd say he's on par with Tim Drake...who also gets underrated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Of the Bat-sidekicks he is pretty underrated. I wouldn't put him on Dick's ability level, but I'd say he's on par with Tim Drake...who also gets underrated.

He's beaten Tim more than once.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

I'd put him between Dick and Tim*
༼ つ ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡° ༽つ

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier said:

@allstarsuperman said:

He's beaten Tim more than once.

Tim jumped him with a crowbar and still got his A$$ kicked

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Wait I didn't quite understand you're post. What exactly do you mean considering its Fanbase? Also I'm pretty sure MMH>>Superman.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2178  Edited By DeathHero61

@justsomerandomkid: DBZ's fanbase is filled with fanboys. Allot of them being incredibly young and thinking they know everything about goku. Most of the fans who represent goku in my honest opinion are idiots. They say the stupidest things.Such as goku being capable of busting several planets with a punch. Or DBZ characters being capable of controlling explosions in an attempt to justify why DBZ characters cannot do what fanboys claim.

And its very arguable who is stronger between Supes and MMH. Plus Wonder Woman said that supes was the strongest.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well can't argue with you there, but the people that argue against Goku are just as bad though. Saying things such as the only way Goku could planet bust is if he was a Full Powered SS3 or that Goku is Low Mid Tier etc. From what I've seen, both sides of the debaters are just as bad with the Fanwanking or the Lowballing Goku receives.

From the debates I've seen on Comic Vine and from who MMH has Mind raped before I'm pretty sure MMH is above WW or Superman even without his TP (okay if he fought Supes that would be debatable but against WW I'm pretty sure he doesn't need TP). Though I could be wrong.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well can't argue with you there, but the people that argue against Goku are just as bad though. Saying things such as the only way Goku could planet bust is if he was a Full Powered SS3 or that Goku is Low Mid Tier etc. From what I've seen, both sides of the debaters are just as bad with the Fanwanking or the Lowballing Goku receives.

From the debates I've seen on Comic Vine and from who MMH has Mind raped before I'm pretty sure MMH is above WW or Superman even without his TP (okay if he fought Supes that would be debatable but against WW I'm pretty sure he doesn't need TP). Though I could be wrong.

1. True but unlike the people who represent goku , they have good reason to do so, dbz is filled with inconsistencies. Akira never tells us anything about the character's capabilities. He is a horrible writer. Look at BOG, LAZY WRITING EVERYWHERE.

2. Meh. I don't know about wonderwoman, didn't she punch a nuke and come out unscathed?

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well personally I liked BoG. I don't really know about Akira being a lazy writing. I can't wait though for how the fanboys on here will react since it seems DBZ is moving from being planetary to more powerful foes in the next movie.

As for WW idk. I just know IIRC Superman admitted himself he would be scared to fight MMH and seeing how MMH has mind raped beings casually before I wouldn't blame him. MMH pretty much has as many powers as a Kryptonian anyway.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2182  Edited By DeathHero61

@justsomerandomkid:

1.Pudding. The entire plot was reliant on pudding. The plot started because of pudding. I don't know what to tell you.

2.Meh.

JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

1. I like Pudding

2. Wonder Woman is Meh indeed.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2184  Edited By renamed040924

Goku can bust several planets with a punch.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2185  Edited By Ultragreenboy

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering its fanbase, goku being inferior to people weaker than superman such as martian manhunter and wonderwoman and such.

I find your statements of Goku fans being stupid ironic considering this post doesn't even make sense.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2187  Edited By DeathHero61

@nickzambuto said:

No Caption Provided

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

I find your statements of Goku fans being stupid ironic considering this post doesn't even make sense.

How does the post make no sense?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a good thing DBZ was banned.

Oh wait, that's not exactly unpopular.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@deathhero61 said:

You're post isn't even saying anything. Considering it's fanbase... What?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@highaccuser: The misconception being set straight that Superman is superior to Darkseid.

What went on to change many people's minds?

I think the Thanos vs Darkseid CAV may have helped. Or maybe not. I don't know.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'd forgotten about their run ins. Outside Nightwing I don't follow any of the Bat members much.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In DBZ BoG, Bill is the only who demonstrated the strength to destroy planets with his body, so Goku who is weaker should be around planet and moon level striking. So in other word, ssj3 goku doesn't compare to pre 52 superman striking power. Only ssj god and goku after he absorb the power have better striking power.

And Flash villains suck, and even moral on flash suck. For someone who supposed to be the fastest human being alive he gets tag alot. Alot of people around superman tier can beat a moral on flash.

Titans are underrated, they freaking giants with building to multi block busting monster with regen and can only died if their weak point gets hit.

As for mikasa and levi they would get destroy by most street fighter, their styles are effective for titans, not so much for humans who can dodge bullets.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511 said:
  1. Batman gets prep times that are way outside of anything in the comics. (15000 Years to beat Galactus, come on. It is impossible to say what would happen considering how technology progresses.)
  2. Batman's intelligence and prep are both over and underrated at the same time.
    1. No, he is NOT on the scientific level as Doom or Reed.
    2. However, he has hacked and reversed engineered Kryptonian and Apokolyptian tech. He is one of 5 people that can rebuild Red Tornado. He built Brother Eye. When you think about it, his strongest feats are in electrical engineering and computer science.
      1. In Mechanical Engineering, Steel and Stark both beat him out.
      2. In Quantum Physics, which makes most of the more advanced tech possible (cosmic being defeating tech at least ;) ). Doom, Reed, Pym, etc >>>>> Bats
    3. In terms of Abductive Logic (the core of his detective skills, and is also the main driving force behind his strategy and tactics) he is the best in the comics.
  3. Green Arrow is the most underrated character on this board. His H2H, melee, resources, intelligence, and marksmanship are all definitely underrated.
    1. There are many instances where dodging or catching trick arrows will do any good.

I agree with your points about Batman no he isn't as smart as people like Reed, Doom and Stark but he's still very smart. He's built a teleporter and in Futures End he built a time machine along with other impressive tech feats. My unpopular opinion is that his intelligence is actually a little underrated. People are so obsessed with pointing out who's smarter than him that they don't focus on how smart he really is. People always go on about how overrated he is but how can you be overrated when the majority don't think highly of you? There are more Batman is overrated threads and posts than there are underrated ones.

I can't agree more. I have noticed that whenever Batman & intelligence are mentioned in the same sentence, people will go into wild tangents and lose focus on the actual battle. Even when Batman is a small part of the battle. :o

I remember one battle where it was a was a battle between teams of "prep masters". A lot of people had to go out of their way to point out that Batman was the "weakest link", lol. Usually, in a team battle you focus on the key players. So, that says to me that people can't focus on the actual task at hand when Batman is in the mix.

For me, OTOH, I recognized pretty quickly where he would add value to the team even if he wasn't a key player (namely Intel Analysis/Detective Work). Then I saw John Constantine's name and concluded that Constantine was all the team needed, lol. But seriously, I was able to place everyone into a role on both teams.

So, I think Batman's non-technical skills are definitely underrated--especially when it comes to a team.

But, people have an ax to grind. We all know how "popular" Chew's threads were, lol.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@deathhero61 said:

You're post isn't even saying anything. Considering it's fanbase... What?

My statement basically answers the title of this thread.

Unpopular battle opinions?

For example

Taking its fanbase into consideration, goku being severely beaten by superman.

Without repeating the statement "unpopular battle opinion."

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

In DBZ BoG, Bill is the only who demonstrated the strength to destroy planets with his body, so Goku who is weaker should be around planet and moon level striking. So in other word, ssj3 goku doesn't compare to pre 52 superman striking power. Only ssj god and goku after he absorb the power have better striking power.

And Flash villains suck, and even moral on flash suck. For someone who supposed to be the fastest human being alive he gets tag alot. Alot of people around superman tier can beat a moral on flash.

Titans are underrated, they freaking giants with building to multi block busting monster with regen and can only died if their weak point gets hit.

As for mikasa and levi they would get destroy by most street fighter, their styles are effective for titans, not so much for humans who can dodge bullets.

Thank you. goku in ssj2 at the very best was continent level or city level based on his fight with majinn buu. It seems like he can potentially destroy a planet if he super charges his fist with ki but i don't know.

Meh i liked flash villians. They were interesting. And yeah morals on flash does kind of such.

Yeah but they are easy to take out thats the thing and the only titans that are as powerful as you claim are the humans who transform into titans regularly.

True but levi started bullet dodging recently.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how popular this is but Luther Strode would lose Slade but beat Bone Claw Logan.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Not sure how popular this is but Luther Strode would lose Slade but beat Bone Claw Logan.

Hmm.. Due to what? Equipment?