Unpopular Battle opinions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Rule of cool", being funny, and/or posting stupid gifs or memes is not a debate style. It makes you look like a moronic teen.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combat Speed isn't necessary in the slightest when you have Durability and large AoE Attacks.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Well known planet busters like Goku and Galactus aren't a match for Unicorn

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Rule of cool", being funny, and/or posting stupid gifs or memes is not a debate style. It makes you look like a moronic teen.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is just too OP

He's not even the most powerful member of his own team................

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hank Pym needs to stop being paired in with other street levelers. He's too OP.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2257  Edited By Wolverine008

@xiix said:

@misterwhisper said:

I object!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@misterwhisper said:

I object!

Figured you would.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: For everyone, except us(or those who do it as stylishly), of course.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xiix said:
@brucey_25 said:

Superman is just too OP

He's not even the most powerful member of his own team................

This. The preconceived Notion of Superman is that he's overpowered. Flash, Hal and J'onzz could all solo him.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can solo every fictional universe simultaneously with 5 minutes prep.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2262  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@xiix said:

@misterwhisper said:

I object!

Figured you would.

No Caption Provided

@xiix said:

@wolverine08: For everyone, except us(or those who do it as stylishly), of course.

Not many can be as talented as me in GIF usage I suppose!

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: I know flash could and maybe MMH but I don't think has could

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kangconquers: I know flash could and maybe MMH but I don't think has could

didn't Hal solo the Justice League at one point, including Kal-El?

Brucey_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: holy crap I completely forgot about that lol thanks for correcting me

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is oped...........& written in away that he doesn't look like he is.............<-<

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America Stomps Batman.

Spiderman Stomps Wolverine.

Hercules is Stronger than Superman.

Flash hits harder than Superman.

Goku solos the Justice League.

Silver Surfer would beat Flash in a race.

Spectre Stomps LT.

Human Torch Stomps Iceman.

*leaves thread*

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Captain America Stomps Batman.

Spiderman Stomps Wolverine.

Hercules is Stronger than Superman.

Flash hits harder than Superman.

Silver Surfer would beat Flash in a race.

Spectre Stomps LT.

Human Torch Stomps Iceman.

*leaves thread*

These are the only two true ones.

;)

lurchadamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not omniscient, prep doesn't mean he will always win.

Thor is a god, superman is not, Thor wins.

Wolverine, Spiderman are not great characters.

Surfer holds back but if he didn't, he would beat thanos.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dbvse7: sorry but please explain you're making yourself look really bad with all these

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2271  Edited By GhostRavage

Combat Speed isn't necessary in the slightest when you have Durability and large AoE Attacks.

This is accurate.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justsomerandomkid said:

This is accurate.

Depends who you're talking about ;)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hit-Girl could easily headshot Ozymandias

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starheart Alan Scot is possibly the most overrated battle character ever created!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starheart Alan Scot is possibly the most overrated battle character ever created!

@beatboks1 @willpayton @highaccuser

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Rockslide and Sandman are severely underestimated.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: You tryyinng to sayy theyyy beatz Galactuss?!$#

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

I consider Sandman a lot like Absorbing man.

TREMENDOUS potential to be an absolute monster, but unfortunately is dumb as a brick and does not know how to use their power better.

You could almost put Electro in there but he has enough raw power to be a major threat anyway.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2280  Edited By serrure

@serrure: You tryyinng to sayy theyyy beatz Galactuss?!$#

No Caption Provided

@serrure said:

I consider Sandman a lot like Absorbing man.

TREMENDOUS potential to be an absolute monster, but unfortunately is dumb as a brick and does not know how to use their power better.

You could almost put Electro in there but he has enough raw power to be a major threat anyway.

yes but what about Rockslide?

No Caption Provided

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher said:

I dont think he's overrated, it's just that he doesnt have a lot of showings which makes it problematic to argue certain things. But, based on what we know about him and his showings (with and without full Starheart) he's definitely extremely powerful. But, as with any such character who's a hero, the writers also have to play him down on occasion just to make the story move along in a certain direction.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

@night_thrasher said:

I dont think he's overrated, it's just that he doesnt have a lot of showings which makes it problematic to argue certain things. But, based on what we know about him and his showings (with and without full Starheart) he's definitely extremely powerful. But, as with any such character who's a hero, the writers also have to play him down on occasion just to make the story move along in a certain direction.

As far as conceptually, I feel like he's a powerful character. However, I do think a lot of commentors in the battle forums overrate him just because he's a DC character. He has little in terms of feats to support many of the claims I've seen, and a lot of his "feats" are actually him stealing power from other characters. I would say he's powerful, but I don't know how powerful. I would say from what was shown, he's a mid tier threat at best.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2284  Edited By beatboks1

As far as conceptually, I feel like he's a powerful character. However, I do think a lot of commentors in the battle forums overrate him just because he's a DC character. He has little in terms of feats to support many of the claims I've seen, and a lot of his "feats" are actually him stealing power from other characters. I would say he's powerful, but I don't know how powerful. I would say from what was shown, he's a mid tier threat at best.

Please name one time when Alan has "stolen power" from anyone??

He has had his power stolen and then used to defeat very high end threats, but he himself has never stolen any power. He defeated in the the last issue of Justice Society a being/god who had stolen the power of Blue Devil , Citizen Steel, Cyclone, Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson), Doctor Mid-Nite, Hourman (Richard Tyler), Jay Garrick, Jeffrey Graves, Jesse Chambers, Kate Spencer, King Chimera, Libby Lawrence, Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Obsidian, Power Girl, Red Beetle, Ri, Scythe, Sonia Sato, Stargirl, Superman, Tomcat, Wildcat.

He did that without draining or acquiring power from any outside source bu simply cutting loose. We also saw that post Brightest day whilst (by his own admission) he was restraining his power, he dictated terms to some of the highest magical powers and realms that existed and they capitulated.

Full starheart Alan is a team buster which isn't mid tier. he is however very very rarely at that level. He soloed a team that included (with many more) Dr Fate, Obsidian, Captain Atom, Supergirl, Powergirl, Starman, Stargirl, Miss Martian, Jay Garrick, Jessie Quick, Jade and Kyle Raynor all without getting any power other than his own. Does he normally operate on that level ?? NO, he restrains himself quite a bit so that the starheart doesn't control him.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Afterimages aren't a very impressive as speed feats.

Mxy is overrated.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher said:

He has had his power stolen and then used to defeat very high end threats, but he himself has never stolen any power. He defeated in the the last issue of Justice Society a being/god who had stolen the power of Blue Devil , Citizen Steel, Cyclone, Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson), Doctor Mid-Nite, Hourman (Richard Tyler), Jay Garrick, Jeffrey Graves, Jesse Chambers, Kate Spencer, King Chimera, Libby Lawrence, Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Obsidian, Power Girl, Red Beetle, Ri, Scythe, Sonia Sato, Stargirl, Superman, Tomcat, Wildcat.

He did that without draining or acquiring power from any outside source bu simply cutting loose. We also saw that post Brightest day whilst (by his own admission) he was restraining his power, he dictated terms to some of the highest magical powers and realms that existed and they capitulated.

Full starheart Alan is a team buster which isn't mid tier. he is however very very rarely at that level. He soloed a team that included (with many more) Dr Fate, Obsidian, Captain Atom, Supergirl, Powergirl, Starman, Stargirl, Miss Martian, Jay Garrick, Jessie Quick, Jade and Kyle Raynor all without getting any power other than his own. Does he normally operate on that level ?? NO, he restrains himself quite a bit so that the starheart doesn't control him.

IIRC he was doing a lot of that with assistance from Dr. Fate and Starman's chest gem.

DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Seed Sentry is hilariously overrated.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Santo Vasquez is the new coolest Mutant "Brick" ever (@cosmicallyaware1 admit it!) you must!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some people take these battles wayyyy!!!! to personal. it's like some people think these characters are real. calling someone stupid just because they think one fictional character can beat another is kind of silly to me...except in the case of spiderman. spiderman has beaten firelord so spiderman can beat surfer.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@beatboks1 said:

@night_thrasher said:

IIRC he was doing a lot of that with assistance from Dr. Fate and Starman's chest gem.

You most certainly do recall it incorrectly. Dr fate was of so little consequence to him he overpowered and possessed him off panel.

I assume you referencing the part where a mere aspect of Alan (a construct that wasn't even him) was using Fate to contain only three of the heroes (and not the most powerful at that). In that very page it also mentions that the Starheart is capable of "biblical level " disasters. After which Dr midnight removed Dr Fates helmet and the gem was taken from the Construct and then all the heroes attacked Alan again (without these alleged amps your alluding to) and were easily dealt with.

He soloed all the heroes easily even after Fate separated Jade and Obsidian and he no longer controlled any of them. he said in that part of the story that he had only been toying with them up to that point because it amused him. In JLA 48 page 16 panel 1 Dick explains to Jade ONLY Alan can beat the starheart, that NONE of the others can. He goes on to explain that he has been trying to do so all along, that is why there had been order amongst what starheart had done ( something like that anyway). Jade had to do something to distract it long enough for her father to win. The Starheart soloed EVERYONE after it had no access to anything other than his own power.

Then there are the other feats I mentioned that mach that level of power and yet are not part of the arc and happened after he had reigned the starheart back in. Not to mention the feats he's had when emotionally stressed that were also on that level without the starheart taking control.

Lets not forget that Mordru is above Hector Fate in power who is above Kent V. Mordru has been stalemated by Alan a few times without using the full power. He also stole the power of the starheart to amp himself and with it easily dealt with Thunderbolt.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because someone doesn't have Flash-esque feats doesn't mean they are slow.

Etrigan is a prime example. When you consistently tag Superman, you don't need flashy speed feats.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2292  Edited By DBVSE7

@comicdude360: If I was being serious I would :P.

Plus this thread is called unpopular battle opinions.. everything I mentioned besides 2 are unpopular battle opinions. :P they're not MY opinions, they're just the ones this thread asked for.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Consistently tag Jobberman? C'mon you need a better example then that one.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2294  Edited By BlackWind

@justsomerandomkid: It was just a random example. Maybe I didn't say it the right way. It can apply to anyone even outside of comics. My point is you don't need to be running at relativistic speeds to have equal reaction feats.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@dbvse7 said:

Goku can't solo any body who has the following powers

Intangibility

Telepathy

There's no body in DBZ with either of those abilities. Goku has no feats or defense against either of those abilities.

There's 3 people on the founding Justice League (Pre-52) with those powers. One of which has both.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etrigan is a prime example. When you consistently tag Superman, you don't need flashy speed feats.

Moments like that are PIS acknowledge by the writers themselves for the sake of story, how boring would it be if Flash or Superman took everyone out without giving them a chance.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@db14: Fanboys man. Speaking of which, there's a lot of very biased Marvel fans here now.

Avatar image for callous_adherent
Callous_Adherent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos needs to learn to keep his god damn clothes on.

The Soviet Army circa 1985 would lolstomp 90% of the armies in fiction due to not being comprised out of dribbling morons written by people who's only idea of how the military works is hollywood tactics.

Based on what is shown the actual U.S Army would have likely handled the Chitauri once the fighting got out into the open.

Marvel's class system tends to be borked at just about every level, not just one hundred and above. It's good for relative comparison (sometimes) but useless for absolute quantification.

Calculations are something you do to put a feat in perspective, they do not replace actual feats FFS.

A lot of the Doctor's wins happen because he has canonical plot shields more than anything else.

People masturbate a little too hard to Master Chief and to a lesser extent; the Arbiter and are willing to give him way too much leeway and benefit of doubt whereas other characters would be scrutinized more intensely.

Lord of the rings is heinously overwanked, as is Tolkien's entire setting. It's a load of metaphor, allegory, narrative hyperbole, and outright fangirling from the fans that puts it where it is on here, when generally the things we definitely can quantify tend to be unimpressive as far as fantasy goes.

The same applies to the Elder Scrolls where "unreliable narrator" is easily applicable to every single damn in universe book in the setting. I mean, in the oblivion crisis book it's even stated that there are a lot of wildly differing accounts on Akatosh's battle with Dagon despite it happening in broad daylight (okay, reddened skies) and being chronicled by an actual historian who lived during the events of that game. Why should I take the statements of other in univerese historians anymore seriously than we take Herodotus' accounts of antiquity?

Spacebattles/Sufficient Velocity (there was a nasty split up in SB over the demotion of a transgendered super-moderator for reasons the admins refuse to disclose, those who supported the moderator left and formed SV) is generally substantially smarter than CV when it comes to non-comic things.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2299  Edited By Dextersinister

@cooljammy18 said:

@db14: Fanboys man. Speaking of which, there's a lot of very biased Marvel fans here now.

When it comes to the Marvel point I was thinking that myself, don't get me wrong you can have good debators that favour a particular company but there seems to be a lot of low quality debators favouring Marvel recently.

I remember asking someone if they even knew what Quicksilver was like as a character, people actually really liked Wally outside of his powerset. I think people on these forums often forget about the actual character.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2300 thedailybagel  Moderator

It's incredibly annoying (to me anyway, for no particular reason) when people either use "LOL" constantly (multiple times in a row or on a single post) or when "..." Is used every other freaking word (I can think of at least 3 people who do that). Even worse when people use ".." Constantly as opposed to "...".

The worst part is when people combine all of them with smiley faces, like so:

LOL,LOL,LOL. Sadly.. People don't know how fast x character is.. It's funny :).. LOL.. x character stomps.. Easily.. If he doesn't then.. You don't read comics :) LOL..

Paragraphs like that, I see ALOT of them, and it genuinely makes me want to shoot someone. This isn't really a battle opinion but it's something that annoys me nonetheless.