#1 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is where you can freely express some "unpopular" opinions you have about comic battles on CV.

I'm going to request that you only post if you are: giving your own unpopular opinion OR agreeing with someone else. No need to say you disagree, we already know most do, that's why it's "unpopular".

I'll start off, I think Savage Hulk is stronger and more durable than Superman but loses. WWH would win, and WBH would smash.

#2 Posted by joewell (6401 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some Avatar characters would stand up to some Anime characters ( like Naruto )

#3 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Chocolate isn't the best flavor of ice cream :O

I think Flash isn't as fast as people make him out to be...

#4 Edited by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

BANE CAN'T BEAT A LOAF OF BREAD ON THIS SITE!

#5 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I also would like to add that I put Doom at a very low level. People make him into a god even without prep, which is a load of trash.

#6 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is not invincible (Which is true but the wankers gonna wank)

Batman is invincible with prep (Which is true haters gonna hate)

Ben 10 Characters are actually very dangerous and some can go toe to toe with the Mid-High tiers of MARVEL and DC (Haters gonna hate)

#7 Edited by SheenLantern (6675 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

I also would like to add that I put Doom at a very low level. People make him into a god even without prep, which is a load of trash.

Can't he usually take on entire teams of heroes in random encounters?

#8 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

Sentry beat him in one panel.

#9 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
  • DC villains are better than Marvel villains.
  • Marvel storylines are better than DC storylines.
  • Dr. Manhattan is a wuss.
#10 Posted by SheenLantern (6675 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@dratini1331 said:

Sentry beat him in one panel.

He also beat Molecule Man in one panel.

#11 Posted by joewell (6401 posts) - - Show Bio

These aren't battle opinions

#12 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@frozenphoenix said:

I don't care.

#13 Edited by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beats Goku! *runs away*

#14 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: His powers fluctuate randomly with no regard for logic. Give him prep, He's a team buster. A random encounter, and he gets lolerifically owned. That's just my opinion though.

#15 Edited by joewell (6401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@frozenphoenix said:

I don't care.

I love it...

#16 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not turn these into debates folks please. Post your views or agree, haters not welcome.

#17 Posted by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'm gonna list of some of my pet peeves one by one...

1. Batman, Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, or Dr. Who, CANNOT beat anything in the history of ANYTHING with prep!

2. Can't Quicksilver catch a break for not going 999999999999999999999 Miles per Second like Flash?

3. Ohhhh, FLASH! One of my favorite characters, can take out anything apparently. SPEED FORCE, PHASING, NYEH!

4. Squirrel Girl threads AREN'T funny.

5. Aquaman isn't pathetic...

6. Most people who say someone can SOLO THE DBZVERSE, are, *SPOLIER ALERT* WRONG!

7. Stop doing battles with FEATLESS CHARACTERS!

8. Why can't we ever have battles with lesser known characters? Like Batroc the Leaper, Devil Dinosaur, or Puma?

9. How come anime characters can't beat comic characters simply because they're anime?!

10. NOVA. IS. NOT. OMNIPOTENT.

I would write more, but let's wait for the blood pressure to go down...

#18 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25198 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Star Wars EU threads on comicvine because mostly everyone that post knows little to nothing about the EU (I miss the days when @Silver2467: , @Jedixman: and @Shootingnova: used to have classic EU debates =( Though most of the times I just watched and learned from the masters)

Luke Skywalker and Palpatine in there prime would beat guy's like Superman,Thor, Wonder Woman;etc.

Ben 10 and He-Man are way too overrated.

#20 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Star Wars EU threads on comicvine because mostly everyone that post knows little to nothing about the EU (I miss the days when @Silver2467: , @Jedixman: and @Shootingnova: used to have classic EU debates =( Though most of the times I just watched and learned from the masters)

Luke Skywalker and Palpatine in there prime would beat guy's like Superman,Thor, Wonder Woman;etc.

Ben 10 and He-Man are way too overrated.

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#21 Posted by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by crest (261 posts) - - Show Bio

-super fast people cant do things before others can think, admit it they have to think just to get moving themselves and then think again to throw a single punch or whatever

-wins because he has prep isnt a answer it needs to be explained to be belivable

- LOL NO HE DOESNT is also not a acceptable answer

- because x beats y and y beat p does NOT mean x beats p its about the strengths and weakness of the chars in that fight not about other battles against a completely different skill set

these are just opinions i hate and want to be unpopular so will post there here :p

#23 Edited by Pr0metheus (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

I want more Videogame battles and most people underestimate Videogame characters.

#24 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (25198 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix: @linkxv1: Funny I knew I was going to take flack for saying He-Man is overrated... He is far from underrated people think he can hang with Thor and Superman level characters even though his striking feats are nothing compared to there's, his combat speed is laughable, his durability sucks;etc. Literally the only thing He-Man has that is even on Superman's level is strength even then it is so horribly incosistent. Fact of the matter is Naruto level characters would run a train on him. And I would Challange anyone to a CAV to prove He-Man is not as powerful as some likes to let on.

P.S. I am a huge He-Man fan but facts are facts.

#25 Edited by Wolverine08 (42845 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America will take a majority over Batman in a hand to hand fight. He is an equal to him in fighting skill (no, he doesn't have to know 127 martial arts to be an equal to Batman), and he is physically superior to Batman.

#26 Edited by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011:

I suppose you could be right, but Power of the 80's man... it's like Toon Force, but better, and more nostalgic.

#27 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331:

I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!

Also your totally right about chocolate ice cream. Butter Pecan is far superior

#28 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@crest said:

-super fast people cant do things before others can think, admit it they have to think just to get moving themselves and then think again to throw a single punch or whatever

-wins because he has prep isnt a answer it needs to be explained to be belivable

- because x beats y and y beat p does NOT mean x beats p its about the strengths and weakness of the chars in that fight not about other battles against a completely different skill set

these are just opinions i hate and want to be unpopular so will post there here :p

I disagree. Many people with a high degree of martial arts can punch and kick based on instinct:

A well trained martial artist can hit faster than the normal person. Being well trained in real life means you can be hit before most people even realize something is happening.

But that's just an opinion of mine ^_^

PS- are people getting notifications? Mine are failing.

#29 Posted by Bossmoss4l (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! I have never seen any scan, quote, book, or piece of evidence that puts Dovahkiin and Miraak on such the high pedestal that they are placed in battle forms. People always SAY "Miraak broke hell" or "Dovahkiin could rip Tamriel in half with his voice". So Skyrim Characters are overrated.

Also, no notifications at all.

#30 Edited by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Thanos and Silver Surfer can be beaten by any similar DC character.

2. Silver Surfer doesnt win via opening a black hole or matter munipulation

3. Thanos cant beat abstract beings without prep

4. Sentry is powerful

5. Zoom cant automatically beat everyone and their momma.

6. A skyfather from DC can beat Odin.

#31 Posted by crest (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@crest said:

I disagree. Many people with a high degree of martial arts can punch and kick based on instinct:

A well trained martial artist can hit faster than the normal person. Being well trained in real life means you can be hit before most people even realize something is happening.

But that's just an opinion of mine ^_^

PS- are people getting notifications? Mine are failing.

no no notifications either, yes some people have developed reflexes after years and years of training, With that said the brain still takes time to register when something happens before the body can react. Not to mention the highly trained, martial arts dedicated, super sonic hero is unknown to me most speedsters tend to use speed alone or a combination of speed and power to win. With there fighting prowess coming from exp fighting not a dedicated training regime

#32 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@crest: I can send you some if you really want to know them, but yes, most speedsters aren't super crazy martial artists. There's other things some speedsters can do that account for them exceeding nominal thinking speeds, but that's not the point of this thread :3

#33 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@izzr said:

4. Sentry is powerful

He really can't

#34 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America will take a majority over Batman in a hand to hand fight. He is an equal to him in fighting skill (no, he doesn't have to know 127 martial arts to be an equal to Batman), and he is physically superior to Batman.

I agree.

#35 Edited by Cooldes (4122 posts) - - Show Bio

@izzr said:

4. Sentry is powerful

why you gotta hate bro...

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (42845 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! I have never seen any scan, quote, book, or piece of evidence that puts Dovahkiin and Miraak on such the high pedestal that they are placed in battle forms. People always SAY "Miraak broke hell" or "Dovahkiin could rip Tamriel in half with his voice". So Skyrim Characters are overrated.

Also, no notifications at all.

Wait, really?

@reikai

#38 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Shazam Marvel can beat Superman.

#39 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by XiiX (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

1. That Silver Surfer can be defeated by anybody less powerful than Thanos.

2. That Thanos can be defeated by anybody less powerful than Odin.

3. Claiming Squirrel Girl and "Rulk with Loebforce" would get destroyed beyond a certain level, or that referencing them isn't the least bit funny(especially after doing it for the trillionth time).

4. That Batman's Insider suit still doesn't make him a decent opponent for most established heavyweights.

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37950 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May always wins....Always.

#42 Posted by SuperDrummer (724 posts) - - Show Bio

1) DBZ gives significant evidence for Raditz to multi-planet bust, and evidence Cell can't planet bust, so how strong you think DBZ characters are really how strong you WANT them to be on a subconscious level.

2) Characters like batman and captain america shouldn't be considered peak human because no human can do that stuff...

3) A lot of video game characters are way overrated.

4) Narutards are becoming as bad as Z-tards

5) REALLY weak characters can beat strong ones if the powers line up right.

6) If your going to ask someone to beat your team, don't use characters that are over your own limits...

#43 Posted by GhostRavage (9019 posts) - - Show Bio

@linkxv1 said:

Okay, I'm gonna list of some of my pet peeves one by one...

1. Batman, Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, or Dr. Who, CANNOT beat anything in the history of ANYTHING with prep!

2. Can't Quicksilver catch a break for not going 999999999999999999999 Miles per Second like Flash?

3. Ohhhh, FLASH! One of my favorite characters, can take out anything apparently. SPEED FORCE, PHASING, NYEH!

4. Squirrel Girl threads AREN'T funny.

5. Aquaman isn't pathetic...

6. Most people who say someone can SOLO THE DBZVERSE, are, *SPOLIER ALERT* WRONG!

7. Stop doing battles with FEATLESS CHARACTERS!

8. Why can't we ever have battles with lesser known characters? Like Batroc the Leaper, Devil Dinosaur, or Puma?

9. How come anime characters can't beat comic characters simply because they're anime?!

10. NOVA. IS. NOT. OMNIPOTENT.

I would write more, but let's wait for the blood pressure to go down...

1. Agreed.
  2. Agreed.
  3. There are omnipotent beings you know?
  4. Agreed.
  5. I think there's a lot of people who thinks the same way as you.
  6. Who the f*ck thinks that? LOL
#44 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Having super speed means you should never lose a battle I find that thought process rediculous .

#45 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_:

@cooldes said:

@izzr said:

4. Sentry is powerful

why you gotta hate bro...

Yes my point exactly he cannot defeat AB without prep but in battle threads people make out like this dude = Living Tribunal or some sh*t, most over rated character on the vine,

And what i meant was even though Sentry is unbelievably powerful he gets no due credit.

#46 Posted by SheenLantern (6675 posts) - - Show Bio

@linkxv1 said:

Most people who say someone can SOLO THE DBZVERSE, are, *SPOLIER ALERT* WRONG!

The One Above All could solo the DBZverse.

You can't say that's wrong.

#47 Posted by Dextersinister (6197 posts) - - Show Bio

@linkxv1 said:

BANE CAN'T BEAT A LOAF OF BREAD ON THIS SITE!

This made me laugh because it's so true, Captain Americas limbless corpse would be a tough match-up.

#48 Edited by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut vs characters that can fly and can only attack physically and no BFR is allowed are a stalemate. Juggernaut vs Superman, Nova, Sentry, Iron Man, etc.. are always a stalemate. They can't hurt Juggs, and Juggs can't hurt flying characters because he is grounded. There are no other arguments that can be made, except there are ALWAYS arguments being made otherwise.

#49 Posted by LinkXV1 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: That's without a doubt true. I'm talking about people saying that people like Captain Marvel, or even BATMAN WITH PREP, can solo the DBZVerse...

#50 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@linkxv1 said:

@sheenlantern: That's without a doubt true. I'm talking about people saying that people like Captain Marvel, or even BATMAN WITH PREP, can solo the DBZVerse...

And to this I'd like to add:

Batman is NOT capable of anything given prep. He gets destroyed by lots of people regardless of how much prep you give him.