bump.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

How fast does Cyclop's beams travel?

Prometheus has dodged a point blank shotgun blast.

If standard gear includes his key, he could disintegrate,BFR or teleport right behind Cyclops and obviously Prometheus is the better H2H combatant.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Sy8000

Prometheus actually has enhanced reaction time, he was able to deflect a blast from dr. light in .0003 seconds. If he gets close, it's quite over.

That said, as much as I love prometheus, if he can't deflect cyclops blasts he's toast.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool Cyke art.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If standard gear includes his key, he could disintegrate,BFR or teleport right behind Cyclops and obviously Prometheus is the better H2H combatant.

Light speed but he can dodge them the same way every other street leveller has by aim dodging.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 oceanmaster21  Online

Prometheus but it would be interesting

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@jashro44 said:

@pr0metheus said:

Light speed but he can dodge them the same way every other street leveller has by aim dodging.

Does it hit with blunt force or piercing force?

His armor is weak to piercing but was able to take multiple hits from a bloodlusted Donna Troy so it might not even matter.

He was able to calculate an angle to hit an opponets shield to take out hawkgirl and react fast enough and calculate an angle to point his shield to take out the other guy with the shield. (Badass)

I have a feeling he will do this with Cyclops

No Caption Provided

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CF12793

Prometheus but it would be interesting

Agreed.

Man do I want a Prometheus action figure lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44
FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@jashro44 said:

@pr0metheus: Its concussive force.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Apparently his suit has taken a hit from Superman also but I don't know what issue and everytime I ask someone they never give an answer.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By oceanmaster21  Online
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a big Cyke fan, but I never realized his vision was lightspeed (probably because the likes of Wolverine can dodge it and what not). I was interested in seeing where this was referenced, as that is nice info.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a big Cyke fan, but I never realized his vision was lightspeed (probably because the likes of Wolverine can dodge it and what not). I was interested in seeing where this was referenced, as that is nice info.

Here:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Granted cyclops visor doesn't open up at those speeds.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jashro44: Can I say, in that case, its pretty "Jobby" to have him missing street level characters?

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: Can I say, in that case, its pretty "Jobby" to have him missing street level characters?

Yea it is. All though as I said the visor doesn't open up anywhere near that speed so there is a bit of a delay to give street levellers a chance to dodge is beams. They just have to aim dodge.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby

@deaditegonzo: Here's one more scan. it specifically mentions the servos in Cyclops Visor being quite a bit slower.

No Caption Provided
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Cyclops opens the visor, Prometheus is doomed.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Veshark

My question is: What exactly constitutes as 'standard gear' for Prometheus? In his first showing against the JLA, he was prepped with a bunch of gadgets, but they were all specifically designed for use against the Leaguers. E.g. the molecular toxin he used against Manhunter, the disc he used against Bats, or the neural chaff against Kyle Rayner. I don't know if he made regular use of these post-Morrison, but there's that to consider.

Though...even if he's on the losing end of the fight, Prometheus still has the option of BFRing Scott into the Ghost Zone with the Cosmic Key (Also known as the Still Zone, Limbo, the Honeycomb, and the Phantom Zone). Or alternatively, using the Key to disintegrate Scott like he did to Retro.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@veshark:

My question is: What exactly constitutes as 'standard gear' for Prometheus? In his first showing against the JLA, he was prepped with a bunch of gadgets, but they were all specifically designed for use against the Leaguers. E.g. the molecular toxin he used against Manhunter, the disc he used against Bats, or the neural chaff against Kyle Rayner. I don't know if he made regular use of these post-Morrison, but there's that to consider.

Though...even if he's on the losing end of the fight, Prometheus still has the option of BFRing Scott into the Ghost Zone with the Cosmic Key (Also known as the Still Zone, Limbo, the Honeycomb, and the Phantom Zone). Or alternatively, using the Key to disintegrate Scott like he did to Retro.

All legitimate options that would be open to him, for sure. But I don't think that he'd need such elaborate tools to beat Scott. After all, within the 616 Marvel Universe (and I assume this battle is taking place in a shared universe) Genoshan Slave Collar Tech has been around for more than 40 years. Think about that 2 ways:

1. The Mutagenic "X-Factor" is notoriously easy to deactivate. So much so, that an entire nation of normal humans have been able to enslave tens of thousands of mutants of various power levels all over its sovereign territory with absolutely no difficulty. Prometheus is a very wealthy man with underworld (read: Black Market) connections. It would be effortless for him to acquire such tech and retrofit it onto his armor.
  2. Again, for over a generation, Genoshan scientists have proven capable of cutting off mutant powers like a light switch. But what technology from 40 years ago still looks like the stuff available today? Refrigerators, washing machines, cars/trucks, telephones, even the lowly toaster are all light years ahead of and more technologically advanced than what you could have bought brand new back in 1974. Who's to say that Genoshan Slave Collar tech can't be weaponized into a wide angle beam when reverse engineered? Prometheus is extremely intelligent, and very creative in terms of his weapon systems, as well as his files on various heroes. He'd know that the X-Man was a mutant, and would be just as prepared to face him as he would the Metahumans in his own universe.

He should win soundly, since as good as Cyclops is, I doubt he's beating Prometheus in a fist fight once his powers stop working.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see Prometheus dodge that

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't understand why people post a lawn blast in every Cyclops thread.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolverine008

I don't understand why people post a lawn blast in every Cyclops thread.

BECAUSE IT'S FUN!

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: because it destroyed a sentinel robot which is obviously more durable than prometheus.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@darkbeam: great thread by the way.

I say cyclops,

He can analyze you before he ever engages you,He doesn't lose when it comes to tactic vs tactic.
He holds the power of a universe behind his eye lids and he is very experience in using his eye blasts.

You can't use scans of prometheus dodging regular straight forward blasts or deflecting low powered blasts by one dimensional characters because cyclops is anything but one dimensional with his optic blasts.

You show me good prometheus feats then maybe we got a fight but cyclops closes distance and decimates prometheus.

No wide spread blast neeeded.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanfanboy:

You can't use scans of prometheus dodging regular straight forward blasts or deflecting low powered blasts by one dimensional characters because cyclops is anything but one dimensional with his optic blasts.

Fair enough. But Prometheus' gear allows him (among many other things) the ability to teleport directly behind Cyclops (or outright BFR) him in an instant. On top of the other method(s) I outlined earlier in this thread. He'd be mincemeat in a h2h confrontation with Prometheus. Especially once his powers stopped working.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@veshark said:

Nothing is standard but everything is standard. He always has access to any of hid gadgets at anytime via his Ghost Key.

A few things that are proven to be on him at all times are:

His Helmet which contains the lights that can inflict hypnosis and was capable of incaping shade when he didn't have a plan for him. It also has a slot for him to download discs straight to his nervous system allowing him to know every martial art of the top 30 martial artists in DC.

His suit which was incredibly durable to blunt damage as shown above. (Very weak to piercing to the point Arrows easily pierce it though) along with his gloves which have shown to shoot: Rockets capable of KO'ing Firestorm & Starfire,Amazonion bullets capable of going through Supergirl and Energy projection capable of KO'ing Hawkgirl. Also as shown, his scanner is in his suit, not his helmet.

His Nightstick which has shattered steel and is able to inflict electric damage, probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

Also for his suit,Prometheus's suit scans VERY fast, It let him out react Jay Garrick

No Caption Provided

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Colonialkrypton

@heraldofganthet: I wouldn't say cyclops is a slouch in H2H combat.

he has moral exception for most of people he faces and mostly doesn't use his optic blast.

Without his optic blast this fight does tip into Prometheus's favor but not by much.

Unless prometheus can deactivate cyclops's powers with standard which I haven't seen him to do to anyone without prep,I see cyclops knocking him out quick.

This is all I got for cyclops @god_spawn is way more of a cyclops guru than I am.

I was going to say hes the leader of the xmen but I can't stand the xmen comics,I only got respect for cyclops.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@batmanfanboy:

I wouldn't say cyclops is a slouch in H2H combat.

Neither would I. In fact, I'd say he's quite the capable h2h combatant. Feel free to quote me on that. But fighting Prometheus is LITERALLY like fighting the top 30 martial artists in the DC Universe all at once. ALL OF THEM. Scott's good, but he's nowhere near that good. As far as the prep thing goes, I seriously doubt that the leader of the (now) world famous X-Men would escape his notice in the event (however likely or unlikely) he may come across him or them. He would have files and counter measures ready and waiting for him to exploit on a moment's notice.

Case in point: During the "Cry for Justice" storyline (which Pr0metheus so graciously provided scans from in his or her post above yours) had an allied front of heroes from a variety of super-teams. Justice Leaguers, Justice Society members, and Titans. And he was ready for all of them. If this is a shared universe, he'd no doubt have researched the X-Teams in their entirety and knowing that one day their paths might cross, acquire Genosha tech or even DEO Siphon Tech used by all of the Metahuman prisons within the DCU to deal with them.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: because it destroyed a sentinel robot which is obviously more durable than prometheus.

Doesn't matter. He's blown through sentinels with just his regular blasts, and Prometheus isn't one a sentinel. 98% Scott uses his regular, slim blasts. Him removing his visor or a blast that size is unlikely to happen in the given scenario. It's a moot point.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prometheus

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet

Nice to cross paths with you on these boards again, HoG.

Regarding Prometheus' equipment: I think it varies based on what the OP specifies. Because the disc that grants him the abilities of the top 30 martial artists in the DCU, or even the molecular toxin? All of these were used specifically as countermeasures against Bats and Martian Manhunter, respectively. They didn't seem like all-purpose gadgets. Which leads me to think that it's debatable whether or not they qualify as 'standard gear'. Now, I don't know if this has changed in later portrayals of Prometheus, as I've only read his appearances in Morrison's run. But I think that the OP needs to clarify what Prometheus is packing here, as it's an important factor in a random encounter like this. E.g. A Prometheus with all the skills of the top DCU fighters is obviously going to stomp Cyclops in HTH.

About your suggestion though...I think it's a little iffy, just based on standard debating context. It's generally accepted on these boards that these characters aren't occupying a permanent 'shared universe', but are rather brought together into one world just for the purposes of a hypothetical argument. This is emphasized by the OP's usage of "random encounter". Given that, I would have to disagree with your ideas about Prometheus' prep, HoG. I don't think he'll have past access to tech like the Slave Collar, I don't think he'd have a file on mutants or Scott's abilities, and he won't be able to plan/prepare countermeasures. Primarily because he has no knowledge of anything outside the DCU.

I know one can be inclined to think that Prometheus should have files on Cyclops, as the character's defining trait is being prepared. But given the fact that this is meant to be a random encounter, as well as general debating standards on the Vine, I don't think depowering Scott is an option here.

@pr0metheus

I think the point's debatable. Now obviously, Prometheus already has a lot of standard gear - his helmet, his suit, his nightstick - they all qualify. But let's look at some of the weapons he used in Morrison's JLA, for instance, the molecular toxin. Now we only see him shoot it once - and it seems to be tailor-made to target J'onn's biological systems. So unless Prometheus has shown usage of the same weapon in another issue, there's nothing that says that the molecular toxin wasn't a one-off weapon Prometheus designed specifically for use against Manhunter.

Now, you seem a little more well-read on Prometheus than me (I'm never touching Cry for Justice), so I have a few questions to ask. For one: outside of Morrison's run where he had prep, has Prometheus ever kept or used the martial-arts-disc in a random encounter? Also, is it in-character for Prometheus to go to the Ghost Zone to retrieve more gear? We know it's perfectly in-character for him to BFR foes into the Zone, but I'm not sure about him retrieving more equipment mid-battle.

To stress: I'm not arguing against Prometheus here, I'm just pointing out some key issues that I think are important to address for this debate.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: The Disc is standard, He used it during Birds of Prey and during another Justice League storyline to almost drop Batman before he had a program downloaded to paralyze Prometheus. (Sorry if one of those refer to 'Morrison's run" I don't look at who writes the stuff)

For the molecular thing, He says he had it for J'onn and if Plastic man ever shows up. I'll be honest though, this probably isn't standard with how few people in DC really need this to be put down. I'd still think the Energy Projection is obviously standard because of them being from his gloves and I would expect him to keep the bullets around because if they can drop Kryptonions, what would actually be more useful?

Nah, He's never shown to go get it but I was just guessing thats how he carrys everything he uses. (If he doesn't though,I'm suprised the writers didn't think of that) He has stated himself though that he has 1000? plans for various Superhero's if he ever runs into them he'll have a plan,and not everything will work with each hero so he has to get it somehow.

Then again even with all these feats of destroying the JLA twice,dropping Shiva in 3 seconds,Beating Batman twice he was still killed by Green Arrow...

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus

The Birds of Prey Prometheus isn't standard Prometheus, just so you know. It was Chad Graham - the imposter. I've never read that particular story arc before, but just based on what other Viners have said, Chad Graham's showings in BoP are questionable. Largely because he was able to one-shot Shiva, but somehow Huntress and Lady Blackhawk were able to give him a good fight? Unless there was context, it seems iffy, but anyway, that isn't the Prometheus we're discussing.

Aside from that, in the other fight against Batman you mentioned, yes that was from Morrison's run. But see, the MA disc wasn't standard gear for him then either. In his first prepped encounter with the JLA, Prometheus lost his helmet when he escaped, and Batman took it and dissected it. Then he kept it in the Trophy Room. When Prometheus' helmet was damaged by Oracle in their second encounter, he had to retrieve the one from the Trophy Room. And that helmet already had the martial-arts disc in it from the last time. Which leads me to believe that no, the disc isn't standard gear at all.

Yeah, I don't think the molecular toxin is standard gear. Not sure about the Amazonian bullets though - I've never read that instance. If he never does pickup more equipment from the Ghost Zone, I think clarifying what actually counts as his standard gear is even more important for this debate.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@veshark said:

@pr0metheus

The Birds of Prey Prometheus isn't standard Prometheus, just so you know. It was Chad Graham - the imposter. I've never read that particular story arc before, but just based on what other Viners have said, Chad Graham's showings in BoP are questionable. Largely because he was able to one-shot Shiva, but somehow Huntress and Lady Blackhawk were able to give him a good fight? Unless there was context, it seems iffy, but anyway, that isn't the Prometheus we're discussing.

Aside from that, in the other fight against Batman you mentioned, yes that was from Morrison's run. But see, the MA disc wasn't standard gear for him then either. In his first prepped encounter with the JLA, Prometheus lost his helmet when he escaped, and Batman took it and dissected it. Then he kept it in the Trophy Room. When Prometheus' helmet was damaged by Oracle in their second encounter, he had to retrieve the one from the Trophy Room. And that helmet already had the martial-arts disc in it from the last time. Which leads me to believe that no, the disc isn't standard gear at all.

Yeah, I don't think the molecular toxin is standard gear. Not sure about the Amazonian bullets though - I've never read that instance. If he never does pickup more equipment from the Ghost Zone, I think clarifying what actually counts as his standard gear is even more important for this debate.

It was an imposter? WHAT?

It is pretty much how it sounds though, he dropped Shiva with no prior warning and just messes around with Blackhawk and Huntress for a little while untill the doctor kills himself. They weren't trying to beat him though, they were trying to stall IIRC.

I think that i'm disinterested in this character now learning that one of his better end feats isn't even him. I guess it would give him the same skill and he should be able to do it too but thats some ABC logic that might not work.

He's mainly a prep guy then I guess, if were using the Badass from Cry of Justice with his supersuit that was able to outreact high tiers, He takes a majority. If were using the crappy Gotham Knight version that couldn't even beat Hush or Green Arrow, He probably loses.

:(

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

go away

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

go away

Jean?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus Sorry to burst the bubble :(.

I think the features of Prometheus' suit still count as standard gear for him, however.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers