Batman vs Ironman

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@digitalshooter9: Wow that was probably the biggest wanking of Batman I have ever read.

You do realize that Tony has one year of prep too right? He created the Phoenix buster in a little over 3-4 weeks. That's an Iron Man suit that was able to destroy the physical form of a cosmic entity that casually destroys planets. He also created a suit that was able to fight on equal terms with a nigh omnipotent skyfather level being. His prepping ability is nothing to laugh at. If Bruce had a year and Tony had nothing then MAYBE I could see him coming out on top but you gotta realize that Iron Man's suits have no weaknesses... The only way you can currently beat him is by smashing his suit hard enough until it breaks (which I can't see happening). He has counter measures to EMP's and most other things Bruce would think of to sabotage the suit so no, I don't think Batman would be able to take down some guy in 'fancy suits.'

The only reason Batman has beaten Justice League members with prep is because most of them had weaknesses. Martian Manhunter's fear of fire, Superman's kryptonite, etc. How would he beat someone like Shazam?

At the end of the day Batman will always be a street leveled character while Iron Man is a 100 tonner.

Iron Man wins.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

wow that would take atleast 15 min to read... I aint doing it sorry but i assume somewhere in this context you mentioned that Bruce has prep so he wins

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By swordmasterD

wow that would take atleast 15 min to read... I aint doing it sorry but i assume somewhere in this context you mentioned that Bruce has prep so he wins

So does IM, both have a year and all access to resources so no It's not a batman please read it only takes about 3-5 mins

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordmasterd: Batman is the master of prep, he kicked Solomon Grundy's as* with less than a week prep.

And i believe Bruce got more resources to use and is more creative. Sure Tony makes suit but Bruce creates distractions and studying Technics/moves.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By swordmasterD

@1mbatman said:

Now I am a batman fan and I am saying batman "COULD" win because firstly batman could go under cover by covering his suit under clothes wereas iron man cannot go undercover in his suit secondly ironman is just as powerful as cyborg (a member of the justice league) batman has already planned how to stop him using emp's thirdly if batman can beat superman "the man of STEEL" then obviously batman can beat iron man fourthly if batman were to EMP ironman his suit is rendered useless but batman could also beat ironman in a straight up fist fight

Let me begin:

Tony's armours are immune to EMP's

Have you ever looked up how Batman has previously beat superman because in most of his wins it involve Kryptonite which Tony is not weak to

IM is more powerful than Cyborg where did you get that comparison

IF batman went Under cover how would he attack Tony once found, without revealing his position especially if he wants to use a an armour of his own

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By swordmasterD

@swordmasterd: Batman is the master of prep, he kicked Solomon Grundy's as* with less than a week prep.

And i believe Bruce got more resources to use and is more creative. Sure Tony makes suit but Bruce creates distractions and studying Technics/moves.

Tony does and makes Large Scale things. He can make serious armours and weaponry in days & weeks now imagine that but with 52 weeks or 365 days. Just because Bruce is a master with prep doesn't mean other people can't do some kick @ss things with it as well.

Just out of curiosity how exactly do you expect Bruce to distract Tony?

Tony is also a master tactician, shown to be able to use quick thinking and strategies. Again Tony also gets a year prep time.

Again, Just out of curiosity how will Studying moves help Batman if he does not know what to expect?

Bruce may have more money but Tony is still Very rich and again has Access to more advanced tech.

In regards To being creative, Tony has a wide variety of armours which would of at least needed some imagination

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@digitalshooter9: Wow that was probably the biggest wanking of Batman I have ever read.

You do realize that Tony has one year of prep too right? He created the Phoenix buster in a little over 3-4 weeks. That's an Iron Man suit that was able to destroy the physical form of a cosmic entity that casually destroys planets. He also created a suit that was able to fight on equal terms with a nigh omnipotent skyfather level being. His prepping ability is nothing to laugh at. If Bruce had a year and Tony had nothing then MAYBE I could see him coming out on top but you gotta realize that Iron Man's suits have no weaknesses... The only way you can currently beat him is by smashing his suit hard enough until it breaks (which I can't see happening). He has counter measures to EMP's and most other things Bruce would think of to sabotage the suit so no, I don't think Batman would be able to take down some guy in 'fancy suits.'

The only reason Batman has beaten Justice League members with prep is because most of them had weaknesses. Martian Manhunter's fear of fire, Superman's kryptonite, etc. How would he beat someone like Shazam?

At the end of the day Batman will always be a street leveled character while Iron Man is a 100 tonner.

Iron Man wins.

You're wanking Iron Man as much as you accuse me for wanking batman to say the least....

The Phoenix Force buster is out of context here, and even in it's purpose, it failed....

Instead of incapacitating the phoenix force, all it did was to divide it into 5 which traveled between the members of the phoenix 5 making every member stronger. Not only that, but once one of the phoenix 5 was down, the other 4 got stronger and so on. IN the end, Cyclops got all the Phoenix force in him and turned into a cosmic powerhouse and was barely taken down by everyone else. The Phoenix buster you are talking about was actually a failure. No matter how much you support it, it is out of context here.

As for my points about prep time, you do realise that Tony's only use of prep is to build something right? While batman can build something in addition to every other thing he could do to Tony Stark with his wits... IF you have read my posts, you would actually be aware of the fact that I am saying batman will win by utilising this prep time better than Stark thanks to his WITS... My point is WITS for the last time.....

As I mentioned in my previous post, Batman's wits have a lot to suggest when exploiting weaknesses and corrupting other characters, both physically and emotionally.

You said that Iron Man has no weaknesses unlike the JLA members and that brute force is the only way to beat him... Although that isn't wrong, it's not necessarily brute force that is required here. Take the mandarin as an example, they damage Stark's suits quite easily... The way they do it, though, should answer your question pretty much....

This is just sad....

In case you didn't know, Batman is at least as resourceful as Stark himself and is capable of far more with prep time than any street leveller.... Sure without any preparation or equipment he is a street leveller, but what is Stark again without the Suit? Not even a street leveller. Guess we see that it is the suit that makes the man for Starks case...

crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you all know that iron bruce and tony are about the same wealth. So if bruce is to attempt a take over of stark industries in his prep time wayne enterprises will have to get involved. Not to mention im sure reed and banner would let him borrow what he needed to i dont know save a city of a million people!

tony is not near stupid enough to not figure out that his upcoming battle with batman and a take over attempt from wayne enterprises (say whats up with attacks from gotham lately) are not connected. He may even be bright enough to figure out that batman and bruce well connected. lots of batman related activity tied to bruce wayne and wayne enterprises yet they are never in the same room together tho on several occasions they should be but just missed eachother by a few seconds lol wasnt bruce a hostage, hey theres batman were is bruce, hmm batman wins but is leaving, o hey there bruce again sure is intresting what i can see hacking all these old securty cammera logs.

and for that mater i dont think bruce would expose himself like that, tho if he believed 1 million lives were in the balance i could see him doing that but only if he was sure he could stop stark from building a new suit. And i just dont see that scenario will need better reasoning than "batman is god a prep so he does that"

fyi that isnt a crack at his prep abilities just if you going to say he could do something you should also say what and how he does it :)

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By leonkarlen123

@swordmasterd: He could get a red sun radiation like Cassandra, but if Batman is mad enough to kill Iron Man he could set out civilians to danger then he use a boom tube and summon him to sun

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Noone301994

How on Earth am I wanking Iron Man as much as you? Iron Man wins against Batman effortlessly in any other circumstances. So how is it wanking when I'm still on his side when each get a year?

The fact that Iron Man was able to create a suit that could harm and destroy it's physical form, with a suit he created in little over a month, is insane enough. The Phoenix is a cosmic leveled being. It could beat Galactus for crying out loud... Yet blasting it so hard that it split into five separate pieces and was forced to find different hosts just so it could survive isn't impressive enough to you? I don't see how that's out of context here yet Batman's feat against the Justice League isn't. I was just proving that Iron Man is no slouch when it comes to prepping and he has went toe-to-toe (on equal ground) with much more powerful beings. It doesn't matter if they failed. They came close and that's extremely impressive. He was able to create suits THAT powerful yet he would have trouble against a street leveler?

Please stop saying wits... You have said it like 6 times so far and it's pointless... Iron Man is just as clever and smart as Batman so I don't see how he has such an ASTRONOMIC advantage just because he is 'witty.' Tony has been shown to be witty too... He created a super advanced suit with a box of scraps in a cave and escaped from terrorists armed to the teeth and he was able to predict the Civil War years before it ever happened. Bruce won't be able to use his wits to exploit Iron Man's weaknesses because as you know, he doesn't have any. Mandarin has never damaged Iron Man's Extremis suit so that's irrelevant. His Extremis suit is one of his most durable suits. It takes hits from powerhouses like Thor, Hulk, and Sentry, sometimes without any scratches.

Just sad huh? Why? It's true. If you give Batman a year of prep he is still a human. He might be able to bring powerful weaponry or devices to the battle but that doesn't change his strength, speed, and durability disadvantages. Even if he creates suits that could make his durability, strength, and speed higher it still wouldn't be enough to go toe-to-toe with Extremis Iron Man who has tanked nukes, moved at mach 8.7, and has lifted hundreds of tons.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How on Earth am I wanking Iron Man as much as you? Iron Man wins against Batman effortlessly in any other circumstances. So how is it wanking when I'm still on his side when each get a year?

With a year, Stark wouldn't know what hit him...

The fact that Iron Man was able to create a suit that could harm and destroy it's physical form, with a suit he created in little over a month, is insane enough. The Phoenix is a cosmic leveled being. It could beat Galactus for crying out loud... Yet blasting it so hard that it split into five separate pieces and was forced to find different hosts just so it could survive isn't impressive enough to you? I don't see how that's out of context here yet Batman's feat against the Justice League isn't. I was just proving that Iron Man is no slouch when it comes to prepping and he has went toe-to-toe (on equal ground) with much more powerful beings. It doesn't matter if they failed. They came close and that's extremely impressive. He was able to create suits THAT powerful yet he would have trouble against a street leveler?

It is still out of context. The Phoenix buster didn't destroy it's physical form, it only separated it into 5 parts which made it more difficult for the avengers as the phoenix force recycled between the members of the Phoenix 5 and each time one was down, the others got exponentially stronger. The Phoenix Buster was a useless failure, not to mention it being out of context.

I only brought up Batman's contingencies to point out the fact that he can exploit anyone's weaknesses. And don't tell me Iron Man has no weaknesses, thats utter fan boyish crap.. There are EMP's and no matter how much precautions Stark takes over them, they are still a threat even though not by too much. Take Wonder Woman as an example. Everyone thought she had no weaknesses until Batman's contingencies were brought up. Not to mention her weakness being much more subtle than Iron Mans... If Batman can exploit Wonder Woman's weaknesses, which are way too subtle compared to Stark's(EMP's are sort of obvious) weaknesses.

Please stop saying wits... You have said it like 6 times so far and it's pointless... Iron Man is just as clever and smart as Batman so I don't see how he has such an ASTRONOMIC advantage just because he is 'witty.' Tony has been shown to be witty too... He created a super advanced suit with a box of scraps in a cave and escaped from terrorists armed to the teeth and he was able to predict the Civil War years before it ever happened. Bruce won't be able to use his wits to exploit Iron Man's weaknesses because as you know, he doesn't have any. Mandarin has never damaged Iron Man's Extremis suit so that's irrelevant. His Extremis suit is one of his most durable suits. It takes hits from powerhouses like Thor, Hulk, and Sentry, sometimes without any scratches.

Wits are extremely important my friend.... It's what allows Batman to be in the Justice League and face threats ordinary street levellers couldn't even dream of. A lot of people think Batman is just a rich guy with fancy gadgets, but under all of his resources are the wits... I know I am using that word a lot, but they are vital to deciding the result of a prep battle between the two. It's going to be the deciding factor when the two battle after a year of preparation.

First of all, Stark is not as smart as Bruce, sure he excels him in suit making by a high margin, but that's the only thing you can compare the two in... Other than engineering and scientific knowledge, Stark is inferior to Bruce in every other way. Detective skills, planning, overall intellect etc.., are all areas Bruce is superior to Tony in by a land slide. Bruce has more resources than Tony, research it if you want or I can prove it....

Just sad huh? Why? It's true. If you give Batman a year of prep he is still a human. He might be able to bring powerful weaponry or devices to the battle but that doesn't change his strength, speed, and durability disadvantages. Even if he creates suits that could make his durability, strength, and speed higher it still wouldn't be enough to go toe-to-toe with Extremis Iron Man who has tanked nukes, moved at mach 8.7, and has lifted hundreds of tons.

Think out of the box for a moment...

Does batman really need to make a suit?

In the end a suit is a weapon, usually used by Stark to fight crime...

Ideally, what Batman will need against him will be some kind of a weapon as well...

Batman cannot create Tony Stark level suits, but is witty and proficient at instilling fear in his opponents.. That is the way he fights crime, he hides in the shadows rather than in a suit. But in this case he isn't fighting someone he could instil fear in or scare the crap out of. Which means, he will also need a weapon. Being the witty detective here, he will automatically deduce that taking on Stark by creating a suit will be a no brainer as he will be outmatched in that area.

So, what weapon can someone who is witty and proficient at instilling fear at his opponents use to take on Stark in his extremis? Preferably something that grants it's beholder a massive power set fuelled with fear rather than an arc reactor.

If that's what we are looking for, we should look no further than a Sinestro Corps ring...

Now the only question is, how will batman get one? No fair it's outside help because stark uses his own suits..

Well, what if I say, Batman already has one in the New 52...

Because he has one as a contingency against Hal..

He also showed that he was able to use it...

So now, if you can, tell me how stark is handling a Batman with his power ring...

Please don't tell me it is out of character and all, he used one against Hal in forever evil.

And this is no unfair boost or anything, not everyone is capable of using a yellow lantern ring, Batman can because of hi skill set. And stark usin an armour as a weapon is perfectly evened with batman using a yellow ring as a weapon, this is a prep battle, combatants get to pick what they use.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Noone301994

(To make things more clear my responses are the ones in italics)

Okay fanboy.

It is still out of context. The Phoenix buster didn't destroy it's physical form, it only separated it into 5 parts which made it more difficult for the avengers as the phoenix force recycled between the members of the Phoenix 5 and each time one was down, the others got exponentially stronger. The Phoenix Buster was a useless failure, not to mention it being out of context.

The Phoenix force would have destroyed the Earth or taken over Hope (and then destroyed Earth) if Tony didn't blast it. It doesn't matter if it failed or if you think he made matters worse, the point is that with only a couple of weeks Tony was able to harm and break apart an extremely powerful cosmic deity that is older than the Marvel Universe itself. Again, it doesn't matter that it failed I was just pointing out that it was an impressive prepping feat. There is no way Batman could have done anything like that.

I only brought up Batman's contingencies to point out the fact that he can exploit anyone's weaknesses. And don't tell me Iron Man has no weaknesses, thats utter fan boyish crap.. There are EMP's and no matter how much precautions Stark takes over them, they are still a threat even though not by too much. Take Wonder Woman as an example. Everyone thought she had no weaknesses until Batman's contingencies were brought up. Not to mention her weakness being much more subtle than Iron Mans... If Batman can exploit Wonder Woman's weaknesses, which are way too subtle compared to Stark's(EMP's are sort of obvious) weaknesses.

You are wrong. Iron Man has EMP shielding and plenty of other countermeasures for EMP's. Part of the reason he was able to find subtle weaknesses in someone like Wonder Woman was because he has known her personally for years.

Wits are extremely important my friend.... It's what allows Batman to be in the Justice League and face threats ordinary street levellers couldn't even dream of. A lot of people think Batman is just a rich guy with fancy gadgets, but under all of his resources are the wits... I know I am using that word a lot, but they are vital to deciding the result of a prep battle between the two. It's going to be the deciding factor when the two battle after a year of preparation.

Again, it would mean nothing against Tony. He isn't wittier than Tony and even if he is it isn't by much so it wouldn't make a difference. He wouldn't be able to easily outsmart him or trick him.

First of all, Stark is not as smart as Bruce, sure he excels him in suit making by a high margin, but that's the only thing you can compare the two in... Other than engineering and scientific knowledge, Stark is inferior to Bruce in every other way. Detective skills, planning, overall intellect etc.., are all areas Bruce is superior to Tony in by a land slide. Bruce has more resources than Tony, research it if you want or I can prove it....

I'm not arguing with a fanboy about those things because it isn't worth my time... Most of those don't make any difference when it comes to preparing for a fight (even if they were true). The only way he could beat Iron Man in a fight with a year of prep is if he creates a suit that makes him in league with an 100 tonner (which he can't in a million years) or if he takes a kryptonite pill and makes himself superhuman (which isn't allowed). He isn't going to be able to create a weapon powerful enough to destroy or deactivate his suit and he isn't going to be able to dodge or tank any of Iron Man's hits.

Ideally, what Batman will need against him will be some kind of a weapon as well...

Batman cannot create Tony Stark level suits, but is witty and proficient at instilling fear in his opponents.. That is the way he fights crime, he hides in the shadows rather than in a suit. But in this case he isn't fighting someone he could instil fear in or scare the crap out of. Which means, he will also need a weapon. Being the witty detective here, he will automatically deduce that taking on Stark by creating a suit will be a no brainer as he will be outmatched in that area.

So, what weapon can someone who is witty and proficient at instilling fear at his opponents use to take on Stark in his extremis? Preferably something that grants it's beholder a massive power set fuelled with fear rather than an arc reactor.

If that's what we are looking for, we should look no further than a Sinestro Corps ring...

Now the only question is, how will batman get one? No fair it's outside help because stark uses his own suits..

So now, if you can, tell me how stark is handling a Batman with his power ring...

Please don't tell me it is out of character and all, he used one against Hal in forever evil.

And this is no unfair boost or anything, not everyone is capable of using a yellow lantern ring, Batman can because of hi skill set. And stark usin an armour as a weapon is perfectly evened with batman using a yellow ring as a weapon, this is a prep battle, combatants get to pick what they use.

You really think that it's fair that Batman can have a sinestro corp ring? Lol. Why would he ever use that on anyone other than Hal..? How is getting a lantern ring the same as Tony having a suit? That is the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Micholly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Micholly

I think the case for Tony Stark's technological advantage is slightly over-rated. The rules of battle state that available vehicles may be used. This gives Batman use of the Batwing and Batmobile. Tony obviously has the better suit but Batman has similar technology in his vehicles. I still think that Tony wins the tech debate, but it is much closer than stated.

So after tech you play the man. Tony has more exploitable weaknesses than Bruce. He is eccentric, he is a playboy, he has family and he is known. Tony won't know who Bruce is, and Bruce is a completely driven madman who dedicated his entire life to eliminating weakness. Batman definitely wins the strategy debate - he has far more strings to his bow and won't allow the straightforward man-on-man fight that Stark would easily win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edward

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(To make things more clear my responses are the ones in italics)

Okay fanboy.

The Phoenix force would have destroyed the Earth or taken over Hope (and then destroyed Earth) if Tony didn't blast it. It doesn't matter if it failed or if you think he made matters worse, the point is that with only a couple of weeks Tony was able to harm and break apart an extremely powerful cosmic deity that is older than the Marvel Universe itself. Again, it doesn't matter that it failed I was just pointing out that it was an impressive prepping feat. There is no way Batman could have done anything like that.

You are wrong. Iron Man has EMP shielding and plenty of other countermeasures for EMP's. Part of the reason he was able to find subtle weaknesses in someone like Wonder Woman was because he has known her personally for years.

Again, it would mean nothing against Tony. He isn't wittier than Tony and even if he is it isn't by much so it wouldn't make a difference. He wouldn't be able to easily outsmart him or trick him.

I'm not arguing with a fanboy about those things because it isn't worth my time... Most of those don't make any difference when it comes to preparing for a fight (even if they were true). The only way he could beat Iron Man in a fight with a year of prep is if he creates a suit that makes him in league with an 100 tonner (which he can't in a million years) or if he takes a kryptonite pill and makes himself superhuman (which isn't allowed). He isn't going to be able to create a weapon powerful enough to destroy or deactivate his suit and he isn't going to be able to dodge or tank any of Iron Man's hits.

You really think that it's fair that Batman can have a sinestro corp ring? Lol. Why would he ever use that on anyone other than Hal..? How is getting a lantern ring the same as Tony having a suit? That is the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Umm, you are the only fanboy here to be honest....

Because of that I am not responding to the majority of your claims here.

I am letting you know I laughed when you said Bruce isn't wittier than Tony, that was in fact, the biggest Iron Man wank I have seen in a long time...

So let me get this straight, it is fair when Stark uses a technologically advanced armour on Bruce but it is unfair when Batman takes advantage of a power ring that he already has in his possession?

I don't think you know anything about power rings by the way. They don't only work on Hal. They grant the users capabilities beyond any armour of Stark can.

I took my time explaining this on my previous post, yet you are willing to go fanboyish all over it. Once in a while, read something I am saying before saying "thats the worst comparison have ever seen!" Again, they are comparable because Tony's armour is in the end, some type of weapon, the same goes for a yellow lantern ring, it is a weapon. Tony's armour grants him the ability to do things that he can't. The same goes for any power ring, they grant the wielder the ability to do things that they normally can't. Tony can use an armour because essentially, his superpower is being a technopath and creating suits. Batman can use a yellow lantern ring because he can instil fear in his opponents. Furthermore, he has one in his possession. What you are saying is exactly like saying: "Tony can't use the hulk buster on batman because batman is not hulk" The thing is, he can use anything in his possession.

It's not like the ring is something anyone can use.

If you have read blackest night, or any lantern related story, you would know what I am talking about. Only people with certain qualities can wield a power ring. And just like Tony is capable of creating suit's batman is capable of using a yellow lantern ring due to his ability to instil fear.

Honestly, It is not that hard to see the relation.

The only way he could beat Iron Man in a fight with a year of prep is if he creates a suit that makes him in league with an 100 tonner (which he can't in a million years) or if he takes a kryptonite pill and makes himself superhuman (which isn't allowed).

And this, is exactly why you are a fanboy. Again, why on earth does Batman have to create a suit? The Op never specifies anything about them making suits. There is a year prep and the combatants can bring to the table whatever they can come up with in two years. And the only reason you are saying they should make suits is because you want Iron Man to win. But handicapping anyone won't work sadly. They have prep time, they can bring anything in their possession, get over it.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. I thought by now somebody would lock this thread.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By senglord

Does anyone remember the whole Dyson sphere that Tony Stark put around the SUN to power his current suits? His tech is a ways beyond anything in DC Earth or Krypton. There is almost NO chance that any version of Bruce Wayne can compete technologically with the genetically modified human born alien messiah with a god mind upgrade mod that is Tony Stark. It is a little stupid at this point how much Marvel has upgraded their Most profitable characters. Look at what DC does. They brutalize their characters every time they make money. And put Scott Lobdell in charge of franchises vital for the growth of readership. Just like what he did for the X-Men. (Ruining the X-Men for a while)

A little rant on DC.

I mean, Batman has been brought alongside the Nolan verse in the same years that DC ceded market share to Marvel. And Cassandra Cain was a more popular bat family member than Dick Grayson and Tim Drake (outselling Wonder Woman), so she was deleted from DC canon years after making her a minor Tim Drake villain. And of course the rebooted Red Robin was Merced killed as it should have been before the stupid reboot. Wally west was a good character, he is now gone. Kid Flash is a travesty. And Superman and Lois Lane has been made I to a disaster that leads to a mass genocide.

End rant.

There is also the issue of Tony Stark being possibly a better strategist than Batman. He tends to have bigger threats to deal with in more active ways, with larger consequences if he fails. Raa's tries to start a nuclear war, There are at least six members of the League that can catch the football if Batman and his people fumble. Tony Stark cannot stop an alien device from blowing up a country, it is gone. Period.

I like Batman a lot more. The original product will always be better than any imitation no matter how much greater it may be at the moment. It is the same reason I like him as a character more than Lex Luthor. Lex was designed to be an evil version of Bruce Wayne as Tony stark was a more total version of Bruce Wayne. And Black Panther was a more total version of Batman. All are greater characters in the way they were designed and executed. All are also imitations of a better original.

Tony 8.5-9.5/10. And that f'ing hurts.

PS. Love some of the classic Iron Man stories, and some of the current storylines. He is a greats and well written character. With no real arch nemesis. For now.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Noone301994

@digitalshooter9 said:

Lol. Okay man. I suppose if Batman had a year of prep against Thor, Silver Surfer, or Galactus and I was against Batman that would make me a fanboy for them too?

I am letting you know I laughed when you said Bruce isn't wittier than Tony, that was in fact, the biggest Iron Man wank I have seen in a long time...

Again, I am not going to argue with a fanboy about this. Wits doesn't prove sh*t and it has no impact on the battle at all whatsoever. So go ahead and 'prove' that he's 'much' wittier than Tony. We will argue back and forth and it will prove nothing.

So let me get this straight, it is fair when Stark uses a technologically advanced armour on Bruce but it is unfair when Batman takes advantage of a power ring that he already has in his possession?

Tony has always had his armors and it is IN CHARACTER for him to use them. That is the difference. That's like me saying, "Iron Man vs Thor is unfair because Thor has mjolnir so to make it even Tony gets to use the time gem"

I don't think you know anything about power rings by the way. They don't only work on Hal. They grant the users capabilities beyond any armour of Stark can.

I took my time explaining this on my previous post, yet you are willing to go fanboyish all over it. Once in a while, read something I am saying before saying "thats the worst comparison have ever seen!" Again, they are comparable because Tony's armour is in the end, some type of weapon, the same goes for a yellow lantern ring, it is a weapon. Tony's armour grants him the ability to do things that he can't. The same goes for any power ring, they grant the wielder the ability to do things that they normally can't. Tony can use an armour because essentially, his superpower is being a technopath and creating suits. Batman can use a yellow lantern ring because he can instil fear in his opponents. Furthermore, he has one in his possession. What you are saying is exactly like saying: "Tony can't use the hulk buster on batman because batman is not hulk" The thing is, he can use anything in his possession.

I think the Thorbuster suit would do pretty well against an inexperienced Batman using a power ring but this has nothing to do with the battle. The ring Batman has is for Hal and the Thorbuster suit is for Thor. They are both irrelevant here.

If you have read blackest night, or any lantern related story, you would know what I am talking about. Only people with certain qualities can wield a power ring. And just like Tony is capable of creating suit's batman is capable of using a yellow lantern ring due to his ability to instil fear.

The only way he could beat Iron Man in a fight with a year of prep is if he creates a suit that makes him in league with an 100 tonner (which he can't in a million years) or if he takes a kryptonite pill and makes himself superhuman (which isn't allowed).

And this, is exactly why you are a fanboy. Again, why on earth does Batman have to create a suit? The Op never specifies anything about them making suits. There is a year prep and the combatants can bring to the table whatever they can come up with in two years. And the only reason you are saying they should make suits is because you want Iron Man to win. But handicapping anyone won't work sadly. They have prep time, they can bring anything in their possession, get over it.

No, I said he would have to make a suit OR take a kryptonite pill to augment his strength, durability, and speed. In a fight that's the only way he could be in league with Iron Man but that isn't allowed. Nor is the power ring. If the OP intended for Batman to use a power ring he would have said it in the OP. I just love how I am considered the fanboy here. Anyone with eyes can see who is the one on a wank fest right now. If Batman had a year of prep against Shazam I suppose he would win there too? Against Thor as well?

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@digitalshooter9 said:

Lol. Okay man. I suppose if Batman had a year of prep against Thor, Silver Surfer, or Galactus and I was against Batman that would make me a fanboy for them too?

Again, I am not going to argue with a fanboy about this. Wits doesn't prove sh*t and it has no impact on the battle at all whatsoever. So go ahead and 'prove' that he's 'much' wittier than Tony. We will argue back and forth and it will prove nothing.

Tony has always had his armors and it is IN CHARACTER for him to use them. That is the difference. That's like me saying, "Iron Man vs Thor is unfair because Thor has mjolnir so to make it even Tony gets to use the time gem"

I think the Thorbuster suit would do pretty well against an inexperienced Batman using a power ring but this has nothing to do with the battle. The ring Batman has is for Hal and the Thorbuster suit is for Thor. They are both irrelevant here.

No, I said he would have to make a suit OR take a kryptonite pill to augment his strength, durability, and speed. In a fight that's the only way he could be in league with Iron Man but that isn't allowed. Nor is the power ring. If the OP intended for Batman to use a power ring he would have said it in the OP. I just love how I am considered the fanboy here. Anyone with eyes can see who is the one on a wank fest right now. If Batman had a year of prep against Shazam I suppose he would win there too? Against Thor as well?

Nope, Batman wouldn't have a chance against Thor or SS or Shazam even with a year prep because 1. They are very powerful and 2. They don't have exploitable weaknesses.

However Iron Man is no Thor or Shazam or Silver Surfer. He cannot defeat any average yellow lantern. Even with the Thorbuster because he designed it specifically to absorb electric attacks from Thor. He has no answer to what batman can do to him using a yellow lantern ring. And you saying that batman isn't allowed to use a ring that he already possesses just shows how much you wank iron man. The OP does not have to say batman can or cannot use a power ring. The OP clearly gave them prep time and he didn't mention anything about power rings. That being said I can perfectly assume Bruce will be using a power ring in his possession that puts him above Iron Man in power.

It is in character for Tony to use his armours, well ok.... But I have to say it is not completely out of character for Batman to use a yellow power ring. I explained this twice now, instilling fear is in Batman's character, not to mention him using the yellow ring more than a few times now. It may not be something batman uses everyday of his life, but this is a prep battle and he would use other things that he doesn't always use as well.

Stark doesn't use the Thorbuster everyday does he? But it is in character for him to use it when he faces Thor because he brought it up by preparation.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Batman wouldn't have a chance against Thor or SS or Shazam even with a year prep because 1. They are very powerful and 2. They don't have exploitable weaknesses.

However Iron Man is no Thor or Shazam or Silver Surfer. He cannot defeat any average yellow lantern. Even with the Thorbuster because he designed it specifically to absorb electric attacks from Thor. He has no answer to what batman can do to him using a yellow lantern ring. And you saying that batman isn't allowed to use a ring that he already possesses just shows how much you wank iron man. The OP does not have to say batman can or cannot use a power ring. The OP clearly gave them prep time and he didn't mention anything about power rings. That being said I can perfectly assume Bruce will be using a power ring in his possession that puts him above Iron Man in power.

It is in character for Tony to use his armours, well ok.... But I have to say it is not completely out of character for Batman to use a yellow power ring. I explained this twice now, instilling fear is in Batman's character, not to mention him using the yellow ring more than a few times now. It may not be something batman uses everyday of his life, but this is a prep battle and he would use other things that he doesn't always use as well.

Stark doesn't use the Thorbuster everyday does he? But it is in character for him to use it when he faces Thor because he brought it up by preparation.

Stark isn't very powerful? Stark has no exploitable weaknesses... Even you admitted this... His armor or arc reactor has to be smashed. That's it.

The Thorbuster was powered by an Asgardian gem that had the energy output capable of powering all of Earth. After Thor stopped shooting his Odin-forced energy blasts at the Thorbuster Tony was still able to duke it out with a skyfather capable of destroying planets and denting (and possibly breaking) vibranium shields (which proves that the suit isn't 100% reliant on feeding off of odin force power). The fact that the Thorbuster suit lasted as long as it did against an angry skyfather proves that it would be enough to take on an inexperienced man using a yellow power ring (which would probably take years of training to master). How is it wanking Iron Man?? It's not fair that Batman gets a power ring. It's that simple. It isn't in character for him to use it on random opponents (he only has and only will use it on Hal) and it ruins the tradition of the fight. If the OP intended for this battle to be a Yellow Lantern vs Thorbuster Iron Man he would have put that as the title. When Batman uses the yellow lantern ring he isn't the traditional batman that the OP was clearly talking about anymore, he becomes someone completely different. I don't see how that's wanking Iron Man at all.

How is it not out of character? As I previously mentioned, he only has and only will use that yellow ring on Hal. If Batman planned on using it on any old random powerful opponent he went up against he would use it frequently, which he doesn't. He goes up against god-like beings all the time and the only opponent he's used that ring on so far is Hal which reinforces my point that he wouldn't use it on Iron Man just because he has it.

I only mentioned Thorbuster because you mentioned the Yellow power ring, bud.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Think Batman takes this.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@digitalshooter9 said:

Stark isn't very powerful? Stark has no exploitable weaknesses... Even you admitted this... His armor or arc reactor has to be smashed. That's it.

The Thorbuster was powered by an Asgardian gem that had the energy output capable of powering all of Earth. After Thor stopped shooting his Odin-forced energy blasts at the Thorbuster Tony was still able to duke it out with a skyfather capable of destroying planets and denting (and possibly breaking) vibranium shields (which proves that the suit isn't 100% reliant on feeding off of odin force power). The fact that the Thorbuster suit lasted as long as it did against an angry skyfather proves that it would be enough to take on an inexperienced man using a yellow power ring (which would probably take years of training to master). How is it wanking Iron Man?? It's not fair that Batman gets a power ring. It's that simple. It isn't in character for him to use it on random opponents (he only has and only will use it on Hal) and it ruins the tradition of the fight. If the OP intended for this battle to be a Yellow Lantern vs Thorbuster Iron Man he would have put that as the title. When Batman uses the yellow lantern ring he isn't the traditional batman that the OP was clearly talking about anymore, he becomes someone completely different. I don't see how that's wanking Iron Man at all.

How is it not out of character? As I previously mentioned, he only has and only will use that yellow ring on Hal. If Batman planned on using it on any old random powerful opponent he went up against he would use it frequently, which he doesn't. He goes up against god-like beings all the time and the only opponent he's used that ring on so far is Hal which reinforces my point that he wouldn't use it on Iron Man just because he has it.

I only mentioned Thorbuster because you mentioned the Yellow power ring, bud.

Whenever batman is against god level beings, he is with the justice league... His own rogues gallery is quite weak compared to his own physicality... So it is normal for him to not use any power rings most of the time.

hyperbertha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By hyperbertha

The op says both characters can use ALL resources and help from allies. Ironman wins in a stomp. He already has a huge headstart from the beginning and in one year he can come up with stuff that tanks attacks from the hulk, phoenix force and thor all together. When has Batman even come remotely close to this level? If anyone wants to show batman wins they need to show feats on Ironman's level. No tower of babel won't cut it. Somebody please lock this thread.

Banegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By Bystander

Great one. A lot of work given up to this.

For me, IM wins: 365-6 days is more than enough for Stark to construct a suit that'l allow him to defeat Bruce.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is NOT better than tony on prep. He may be just as good, but not better. Iron man's suits are already more advanced than anything batman has.

Heck why is this even debatable? I'd understand if ONLY batman had 1 year of prep. But Iron Man, aka Tony Stark, has 1 year of prep also. THis means it is an obvious mismatch. Anything Batman makes, is automatically outdone by an already more advanced Iron Man.

@noone301994 Do you agree?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By leonkarlen123

@nick31898: IM failed to take down Hulk with Hulkbuster. He same will happen to Batman. Tech doesn't always matter. Its about creativity.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Either way, Iron Man is still above Batman. That means that Batman has to work 4x as hard to even get on Iron Man's original level. By then Iron Man will be far above that.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By leonkarlen123

@nick31898: Batman beat Hulk like enemies like Solomon Grundy and Clayface with only weeks/days of prep so that would put him at Iron Man's level in my opinion, also gave Superman a fight before he injected the kryptonite.

I say Batman is better with prep than anyone besides maybe Doctor Doom or Thanos

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: First off, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface are NOT on the level of Hulk. Hulk would stomp both of them EASILY. Iron Man could beat both of them in the Hulkbuster Armor.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By mtuske

@leonkarlen123: Any instance where Batman gives Supes a fight before he injected Kryptonite is pure PIS and Supes is not trying to hurt Bruce. Solomon Grundy and Clay face are not on WWH's level.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By leonkarlen123

@nick31898: The facts is that Grundy put up a good fight to the whole Justice League. And is almost completely immortal due to his durability and healing factor and comparable strength to Superman.

And Justice League is alot stronger than Avengers btw

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: You should know he used his power gloves made by prep to make him bleed and shrug of sweats. Sure he hold back a bit but it is the freaking Superman!

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: If Supes wanted that fight over It's over. He punches Bats once without holding back all that will be left is goo.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Depends which justice league you are referring to. New-52? Nothing, avenges would curb stomp them. Pre-52, is a different story.

Btw, the Justice league wanted to take Grundy down without hurting him.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@leonkarlen123: First off, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface are NOT on the level of Hulk. Hulk would stomp both of them EASILY. Iron Man could beat both of them in the Hulkbuster Armor.

Umm, Depending on his incarnation, Grundy could even exceed superman in strength.... Just saying

The op says both characters can use ALL resources and help from allies. Ironman wins in a stomp. He already has a huge headstart from the beginning and in one year he can come up with stuff that tanks attacks from the hulk, phoenix force and thor all together. When has Batman even come remotely close to this level? If anyone wants to show batman wins they need to show feats on Ironman's level. No tower of babel won't cut it. Somebody please lock this thread.

He surpassed that level by a high margin with his showings with a yellow lantern ring.

This time, you even said it yourself as I bolded above. They can use all their resources, not standard equipment, which means there is nothing wrong with him obliterating Tony with a power ring that he already possesses....

If you want to argue, post a couple of feats suggesting Tony can take on any average Yellow Lantern, rather than just saying "No, no yellow lantern ring for batman", because that would just be denying something batman can do in his prep time. The Op cleary gives them enough prep time for batman to obtain one but that is not even necessary considering batman already has one in his possession...

Tony wins in a stomp? Lock thread(haha, good one :D)? I suggest you show how Tony stomps a yellow lantern before anything else....

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By leonkarlen123

@nick31898: They actually shoot him in the eye and tried to cut of his weak places. But yea they dont kill so they knew about his healing factor.

And The Justice League got more members than Avengers and still more powerful. Avengers got Hulk and Iron Man. Justice League got Superman and Hal Jordan which is still above them

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@leonkarlen123 said:

@nick31898: They actually shoot him in the eye and tried to cut of his weak places. But yea they dont kill so they knew about his healing factor.

And The Justice League got more members than Avengers and still more powerful. Avengers got Hulk and Iron Man. Justice League got Superman and Hal Jordan which is still above them

Current Avengers has Ex Nihilo, Starbrand, Captain Universe, Hyperion, and Blue Marvel. They're more powerful than the JLA.

Also, Grundy's only as powerful as the people he goes up against. He's always been depicted as much weaker when Batman fights him than in his Justice League team busting appearances so trying to equate the two in this context is..foolish.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123 said:

Batman is NOT better than tony on prep. He may be just as good, but not better. Iron man's suits are already more advanced than anything batman has.

Heck why is this even debatable? I'd understand if ONLY batman had 1 year of prep. But Iron Man, aka Tony Stark, has 1 year of prep also. THis means it is an obvious mismatch. Anything Batman makes, is automatically outdone by an already more advanced Iron Man.

@noone301994 Do you agree?

TESTIFY!

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: The only way Bats wins over him is over preparation and knowledge.

Justice League has Martian Manhunter, Superman, The Flash and Green Lantern whose very powerful with teamwork

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#391  Edited By xxxddd

@jedixman@god_spawn: Question:

If a character is given prep, does that mean they he/she can only use weapons they currently own, or does that mean they use any weapon they've ever used?

For example, Iron Man doesn't have his Mystic Armor anymore, but in a fight with one year's prep, does that mean he can build it again and use it to beat Bruce?(Since Excalibur still exists, and it's not like Iron Man can't rebuild one of his armors)

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9:

If tony has prep, then what says he won't make some equipment to block the rings power. Who says he doesn't drain it? I'm pretty sure Tony's smart enough to think of that.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: The only way Bats wins over him is over preparation and knowledge.

Justice League has Martian Manhunter, Superman, The Flash and Green Lantern whose very powerful with teamwork

Sure.

Justice League doesn't have Martian Manhunter..

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By NICK31898

@juiceboks: Thank you!

@leonkarlen123: First off it would be Have, not got.

Second if the JLA had that much trouble with Solomon Grundy, I'd hate to see how it would go with Hulk.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By leonkarlen123

@juiceboks: Are you crazy? Justice League's leader is Martian Manhunter

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: Are you crazy? Justice League's leader is Martian Manhunter

J'onn's not the leader..but yea you're right he is part of it. Haven't been keeping up with Justice League past Trinity War.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@nick31898 said:

@digitalshooter9:

If tony has prep, then what says he won't make some equipment to block the rings power. Who says he doesn't drain it? I'm pretty sure Tony's smart enough to think of that.

Really?

No one in the DC universe was able to do such thing as far as I can think.... Not to mention the fact that the ring works completely of the wielders ability to instil fear in their opponent. A green ring works on willpower, a blue ring works on hope, red ring on rage etc... Unless stark can drain batman off his ability to instil fear, which he most definitely can't, he won't be able to do anything remotely similar to what you are saying.

The rings need to be charged by a lantern, true, but again, no one in the DC universe other than lanterns themselves was able to drain a ring of their charge....

Besides that, the rings are far beyond the knowledge of Stark, heck I don't even see him anticipating anything like this from Bruce to begin with. These rings aren't like anything Stark has dealt with before, they are practically the strongest weapons in the universe and way out of Stark's league....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 juiceboks  Moderator

@nick31898 said:

@digitalshooter9:

Really?

No one in the DC universe was able to do such thing as far as I can think.... Not to mention the fact that the ring works completely of the wielders ability to instil fear in their opponent. A green ring works on willpower, a blue ring works on hope, red ring on rage etc... Unless stark can drain batman off his ability to instil fear, which he most definitely can't, he won't be able to do anything remotely similar to what you are saying.

The rings need to be charged by a lantern, true, but again, no one in the DC universe other than lanterns themselves was able to drain a ring of their charge....

Besides that, the rings are far beyond the knowledge of Stark, heck I don't even see him anticipating anything like this from Bruce to begin with. These rings aren't like anything Stark has dealt with before, they are practically the strongest weapons in the universe and way out of Stark's league....

Pretty sure Dr.Light did it to Hal back in the day..

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By Noone301994

@digitalshooter9: If he's only used it once against Hal I still don't see why he would use it here... He refuses to use it when going up against beings like Solomon Grundy or Darkseid, where he could easily get killed from a flick of the finger, yet he would use it against some dude in an Iron suit? Someone WAY lower than Grundy or Darkseid? Realistically, in character I think Batman would probably go in with a bunch of technological disrupters and then get surprised after realizing none of them work. He doesn't understand the physics and engineering behind Iron Man's suits so he would assume that Iron Man has no countermeasures to EMP's or any other disrupting device because Bruce wouldn't be able to think of countermeasures himself.

@nick31898: Yeah that seems pretty spot on. I was trying to explain that to him as well. If Batman < Iron Man in a random encounter then that means he would need a year of prep just to be in league with an unprepared Iron Man but if you give Tony a year of prep too then Tony is back above ( Batman 1 year of prep ≥ Extremis Iron Man that is unprepared). Batman would need tons of prep just to be close to Iron Man's level. So what does it become if they BOTH get a year?

Iron Man 1 year prep > Batman 1 year prep ≥ Iron Man with no prep.